New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,493 of 1493

Thread: Skyside 4

1. - Top - End - #1471
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 4

Attila's Cantina

"Yes. My life is worth more because of its length. Or rather, their lives are worth less than mine because of their ephemeral nature. Find a human, and ask them- which is more valuable, a chair made by a master craftsman yesterday, or a chair made from the same materials by a craftsman of equal skill a century ago? They would agree with my logic. As for better, well. I never claimed my life was better than theirs. Simply that it, and your life, is inherently worth more than a mortal's by virtue of the fact we are not mortal. Mortals have more, and stronger, emotions than I do. I will never love, not as they do. Nor will I ever be so clouded by anger that my judgement is compromised." Which is nitpicky, but also accurate with what Leonard said.

((Mostly, it's an Earl of Purple thing, based partially on a M:tG thing with maybe a bit of Wildbow's Pact (although not from the individual example in the story, but rather other things) thrown in, both of which drew inspiration from a mythological creature associated with several ancient cultures, and the world's oldest surviving pun. 'Leonard' fits the mythological beastie as much as the cards. You are familiar with at least one franchise featuring Leonard's type, but I've not yet touched upon the main feature of the myth in which one features.))
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Attila's Cantina

Jaine shrugs Well, I doubt I'll change your perspective. She smiles, If everything is so "beneath you" why are you out wailking with the mortals? She's joking, although she is curious as to why he is there.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Orc in the Playground

Attila's Cantina

"They fascinate me. How they are capable of so much, in such short periods of time. My mother does not understand my infatuation, and kicked me out of her lair so she could go back to counting the stars and contemplating the movements of the cosmos without worrying about my interruptions. Whereas Mother has chosen to study astronomy recently, I thought my first area of study would be mortals, until they bore me or something more interesting comes along. This city was nearest, and the opportunity to study mortals unbound by any sense of morality or ethics provided by this city and its government- or near-complete lack thereof- is an opportunity I felt could not be missed. I adopted this form so as not to unduly startle or intimidate them, as whilst I am still small, I am still not as small as they are." He did mention previously that his type do not deteriorate with age, so however large he is, he will get bigger. And his mother clearly is considerably older than he is, if he considers himself 'small'.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

((So sorry, I forgot this scene...))

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Attila's Cantina]

[Yes, I can give you a report on all of them as well. There's a fair decent number. I'll see what I can do for names and contact. I don't have any trouble divining for them, as I've met with many." Eskr says casually, typing onto a little handheld device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Attila's Cantina]

Electra nods at Kirk.

"True enough." She looks to Eskr, raising an eyebrow. "That would be helpful, yes. How long will the divinations take?"
    [Attila's Cantina]

"If you can do that, we can start poking around in the meantime." Kirk suggests. There's no use in them being idle. There's lots to do after all.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Mortals do accomplish much, as they are in a hurry to leave their legacies... So, you came here to see the darker sides of mortality then. She's teasing him, although she is still trying to figure out how he can value himself over someone else... Her face is perplexed, and she sits there watching him.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Orc in the Playground

Attila's Cantina

"Darker? Hmm. Yes, possibly. Freer, certainly. Well, mostly. There's a street devoted to slavers, and many there are not free in any form. Such an odd concept, forcing those weaker than you to do things that you do not wish to. Or to find a mating partner that fulfils your desires without worrying about if you fulfil theirs. Ownership in all its forms is strange. Mother owns nothing but her wisdom and accumulated knowledge. Her lair is simply a place she can watch the skies in seclusion. I feel I still do not fully understand economics, yet that is a concept you have mastered, to hire out your services as you do." Leonard's ideas of ethics and morality are skewed, valuing knowledge and learning far more than the life of the ignorant, or the potential of a child. As befits a scholar which shall watch the universe die and teach the next one how to be.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

[Attila's Cantina]

"Give me a day, maybe two, and I can go through the entire list. I might go slow, else I'd risk giving myself a concussion." Eskr tells them, nodding at Kirk's suggestion.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

My grasp on economics? A slight chuckle follows that. I see what you mean, however you must be misinformed, I am not usually paid with money, and what I don't need goes to help those that do. I trade one deed for another, a job for food for the hungry, another for some clothes, you get the idea. As for hiring my services? I don't work for everyone, in fact I work for few. It depends on what, or more importantly,
    why they want me to do said job. I agree that the concept of ownership... is strange, although it does bring them a sense of comfort... I guess.

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Orc in the Playground

Attila's Cantina

"Ah, I see. I was working solely on what I observed, and I was not watching long before you caught me. Hardly any time at all, really. It is gratifying to know that ownership is not just mystifying to me. Perhaps I shall go to the Street of Slavers and purchase a mortal, learn more about ownership and economics." Though I doubt Jaine is overly impressed by the idea of slavery, Leonard has no problems with it.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

A slight twitch of her facial features is all that gives away Jaine's thoughts on slavery. I'm sure there are better ways to learn economics then through slavery. I mean, you don't learn anything about property taxes, uhm,
    protection of said property, hiring people, uhm... Y'know?

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Attila's Cantina]

Electra nods at both of them.

"Seems like a pretty good plan. Shall we meet back here in two days, then? Same time?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Orc in the Playground

Attila's Cantina

"Well, there's no tax in this city. I'd have to go somewhere else for that. But I would gain a person I can ask about other mysteries of mortality. Like boredom. Boredom is completely alien to me. Do you not approve of slavery? Why? Do you approve of humans keeping cats? It would be an interesting role reversal." With Leonard as the 'human' in the relationship, and the slave as the 'cat'. A hint related to Leonard's name.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Attila's Cantina

Approve of slavery? Not at all, imposing on another, chaining them to what you wish to do is...
    vile. With a cat there is something else, at least for me, the cat comes, you feed it, you befriend it, but it is still free to go as it wishes.

((I give up on the name thing All I can find is stuff related to king arthur's court, and the germanic root.))

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #1484

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    So Arkant can feel it too, that other something that's here. Interesting.

The spell washes over Nai #17 without any noticeable effect.
    But there may be more information to be gained by perturbing the situation a bit. She steps out from her hiding spot, rattling the chain-link fence quite obviously as she does.
    "Hi Arkant."
    "It's probably safe to pick up the sword."
    "But don't drop your guard; someone else is watching us both - you can sense it, can't you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Deserted Alleyway

The sword does not move, nor respond to Arkant's spell. In addition, three tiny mouse-pigeons (weird, mutant beasts with feathered wings, long tails, four legs and a plump little body covered in brown fur and grey feathers) flap down from their nests hidden high in the wall of one of the warehouses.

Attila's Cantina

The man looks back at the angel-person, smiling slightly. His eavesdropping magic is dropping, all the mystic tendrils dissipating as he focuses all his attention upon the lady sat before him. This close, several... Anomalies... are apparent. His eyes are certainly feline, and despite the body's apparent youthfulness, there's a lot of age within them; this entity is old, though perhaps not for whatever creature lies beneath its disguise. His teeth are too sharp and pointy, and the wrong shape to be human, and he appears completely unafraid of her. "I'm sorry. Spying is rude, and I do apologise. I'm just curious; what leads to a mortal to hiring another to end the life of a third mortal? Not that you are mortal, of course. I smell your divinity on you, though the scent is obscured by... Hmm. I'm not certain. Not something I have sensed before, I think, but a smell I shall certainly remember." His voice is fine, cultured and elegant.

Your 'ideas' part of your character post states that angels can sense good/evil; well, this character is neither. Alignment as DnD knows it is not a thing oft adhered to in Nexus; this character uses a different system of five branches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Deserted Alleyway]

The presence doesn't seem to do much more, other than observe, for now.

Deserted Alleyway

Did Arkant met Nai 17#? I don't really know. I don't think he met attore, as well, but I might just forgot it.
    Arkants view was searvhing around and as Nai #17 comes out it focus on her.
    "Befor I answer, You might want to tell me who you are and why you say that it is safe to pick the sword? Weapons are never safe, one way or another."
    As he speaks he tries to increase his sensees with magic to search for the other viewer, if this person is right there schould be someone else nearby and checking things is better then regret things.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Attila's Cantina]

"Give me a day, maybe two, and I can go through the entire list. I might go slow, else I'd risk giving myself a concussion." Eskr tells them, nodding at Kirk's suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Attila's Cantina]

Electra nods at both of them.

"Seems like a pretty good plan. Shall we meet back here in two days, then? Same time?"
    [Attila's Cantina]

"Perfect. We'll be here." Kirk puts his hands on the table and pushes himself back to his feet. "Now in the meantime, Electra, I believe we have a few avenues to pursue. Shall we?"

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Deserted Alleyway]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Did Arkant met Nai 17#? I don't really know. I don't think he met attore, as well, but I might just forgot it.
    Arkants view was searvhing around and as Nai #17 comes out it focus on her.
    "Befor I answer, You might want to tell me who you are and why you say that it is safe to pick the sword? Weapons are never safe, one way or another."
    As he speaks he tries to increase his sensees with magic to search for the other viewer, if this person is right there schould be someone else nearby and checking things is better then regret things.
    He certainly hasn't met this one in particular.

"I'm Atorre Nai. This is my city. I say that because while it does have sharp edges, I've examined it and it doesn't seem harmful. But I wouldn't, personally, get along with a sword like that." She smiles, but is tapping her foot impatiently.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #1487

[Deserted Alleyway]

As said I don't think he met any Attore at all. Only Mika did i guess. If I'm right there are nobels controlling the city and i think Attore wasn't one of them? At least as far as I know.

"Your city?"
    Arkant asks. "I never heared that before. Your better speak up true." In his words he again adds a magic that forces to speak true, stronger and a bit harder to avoid. He doesn't know if the last one worked or not, but claiming to be the city owner is something you don't tell if you aren't powerful in some way.
    "And it sounds like this is an intelligent sword. No wonder you are still here."

Arkant then whistles to the mouse-pigeons. Even there he uses his magic to order them to seek for another person that looks at them. Orders for animals need to be simple and they might not find the person hiding, but it's better to give it a try.

18. - Top - End - #1488

NinjaGuy

[Attila's Cantina]

Electra nods at Kirk, standing and moving around to his side.

"Indeed, we do. Thank you for your help, Eskr. We'll be in touch."

With that, she begins moving towards the exit.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

19. - Top - End - #1489

Default [Deserted Alleyway]

Nai smirks, feeling the truth spell and not struggling against it.
    "This is my city. I was here when it took to the skies, and I will be here when it's put down. No one else from the founding is left with any claim on it. The House of Sky may play at rulership, but even when they wore the crown, they were nothing in comparison." The Nai says, believing all the words.

"Usually I am content to observe. It would be more trouble than it's worth to take a direct hand in things when the city runs along so nicely with a few nudges behind the scenes. Of course I've been keeping an eye on you, like I do to everyone interesting."

She waves to the sword.
    "I think you're right. The sword called to me, but I'm not quite what it's looking for. You, I suspect, will be."
    "I look forward to seeing what you do with it."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground

[Attila's Cantina]

Once they're outside, Kirk moves close beside her and speaks in a lower voice. "So? What do you think? Anything you don't want to say in front of her?" He ***** his head back toward the cantina.

21. - Top - End - #1491

NinjaGuy

[Attila's Cantina]

Electra looks thoughtful for a moment, and smiles in a mysterious manner, glancing around once, but otherwise acting nonchalant. No need to draw attention, after all.

"Well, she's certainly thorough, I'll give her that much. Though I'm not sure this is giving us many more directions to go in. I don't mind busting heads when needed, but I'm not sure us rolling a safe house is exactly what the boss had in mind," she says, in an equally low voice. "Speaking of which, we should probably check in with him and pass these reports along. Do you have a cell phone?"

22. - Top - End - #1492

Default Re: [Deserted Alleyway]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Nai smirks, feeling the truth spell and not struggling against it.
    "This is my city. I was here when it took to the skies, and I will be here when it's put down. No one else from the founding is left with any claim on it. The House of Sky may play at rulership, but even when they wore the crown, they were nothing in comparison." The Nai says, believing all the words.

"Usually I am content to observe. It would be more trouble than it's worth to take a direct hand in things when the city runs along so nicely with a few nudges behind the scenes. Of course I've been keeping an eye on you, like I do to everyone interesting."

She waves to the sword.
    "I think you're right. The sword called to me, but I'm not quite what it's looking for. You, I suspect, will be."
    "I look forward to seeing what you do with it."
    [Deserted Alleyway]

My player knowledge is out here so i don't know what my char should know. About the city thing.

Arkant doesn't think Nai knos all his shemes. Sure the worker thing is quiet obviouse. He wondered why Vigile didn't investigate this. Even the secret lab might be known by Nai, thought what he is doing there should still be out of anyones knowledge.

"I see. " Arkant replies. " You might spell it out. What is this artifact looking for?"

23. - Top - End - #1493

Let me direct everyone to the

~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine