New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1524
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Hey guys, anyone playing this season? Looking for people in EU to Softcore/Hardcore with.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Spamalot in the Playground

The bf and I are playing, but we're US. We got our wings/gift already and are doing the rest of the journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

US here too. Been enjoying Barbarian. The terrible early game was still terrible but since I got Wastes and Earth sets to swap between it's been fun.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I've hit level 65 so far. Just need to hit 70 to complete Chapter II. I'm... uh... obviously not playing as devoutly as the rest of you.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #1475

Hey... has anyone noticed a LOT more ancients dropping this patch?
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Well, I've hit level 65 so far. Just need to hit 70 to complete Chapter II. I'm... uh... obviously not playing as devoutly as the rest of you.
    I've only been playing about two days this season, it's just that playing with two other people and steadily cranking the difficulty means you level really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    IIRC they doubled the drop rate in the big boosty patch.

7. - Top - End - #1477

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    IIRC they doubled the drop rate in the big boosty patch.
    Nice! Glad it's not just my imagination. I might end up with a LoN build after all.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

It's possible. To clarify I don't think they doubled the Ancient drop rate specifically, but a lot of the Legendary drop rates. So you get the same proportion of Ancients (10% of every Legendary) but you get twice as many Legendaries, with a few exceptions.

9. - Top - End - #1479

Hmm. I definitely think there was a tweak to the Ancient drops though. Even using the Hope of Cain recipe (guaranteed legendary) I'm seeing more ancients among the crop than before.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I've completed Chapter 3, but have lucked into six pieces of Seeker of the Light. Sadly, two of them are Helms, and I don't have enough Forgotten Soul to convert the worse of the two.

Got my wings! And about 10 pieces of Seeker for the Light. Finally found 5 pieces of Armor of Akkan, which is the set I'm given to understand works best with the Blessed Shield build this season. I've already got the 1-hand flail, and the shield (Jenkanboard?). Now I just need half-a-dozen other pieces of equipment. <sigh>
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-11-27 at 02:26 PM.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ettin in the Playground

What's the best build for Mastering the Armor of Akkan set dungeon? I passed it easily enough with the Blessed Shield build, but it does not include Condemn, making it somewhat difficult to Condemn ten groups of ten enemies.

I also have the Seeker of the Light, but have been unable to get Johanna's Argument or Faithful Memory. Or the one that let's you do Falling Sword really quickly.

12. - Top - End - #1482

What's the best build for Mastering the Armor of Akkan set dungeon? I passed it easily enough with the Blessed Shield build, but it does not include Condemn, making it somewhat difficult to Condemn ten groups of ten enemies.
    I didn't use Blessed Shield at all to master it, rather i used a Condemn Akkhan build. It was similar to this (speedfarming variation.) However, that was a long while back, before the timer and all the items got buffed, so you may end up doing too much damage now if you don't self-nerf.

Instead of the Furnace that the build suggests, I used Swiftmount to get through the dungeon more quickly, but the rest was accurate (including Prophecy + Frydehr.) Again though, this may no longer be necessary since all the set dungeons got a 1 min buff and the enemies show up on your map.

Mastering the dungeons is basically a cakewalk now - but at the same time, they're actually fun to go in and do instead of praying for RNGeezus to smile on you with mob placement, so I'm happy for the changes overall even though I suffered. (And I don't even want to think about the poor souls who mastered them on the PTR or at release, back when half the immunity items didn't work and you would get one-shot by the elites.)

I also have the Seeker of the Light, but have been unable to get Johanna's Argument or Faithful Memory. Or the one that let's you do Falling Sword really quickly.
    Don't bother with Cam's Rebuttal, it's a waste of time. I mastered the dungeon (again, on the harder timer) just fine without it.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ettin in the Playground

Hah! I actually have Swiftmount! I'll give that build a try and see how it goes.

Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

I've always been partial to Holy Shotgun by way of Akkhan's myself. Haven't tried it yet with the buffs but it requires much less micro than Spamhammer, so is way better in my book.

15. - Top - End - #1485

I just want them to buff Darklight already. I miss my FoHadin.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I've always been partial to Holy Shotgun by way of Akkhan's myself. Haven't tried it yet with the buffs but it requires much less micro than Spamhammer, so is way better in my book.
    Considering moving to an Akkhan's build for my Crusader; Blessed Hammer is fun, but it still feels pretty squishy to me (running Torment 12/13, get melted very quickly if I don't have Champion or Iron Skin going and my Cheat Death procs every time I hit a surprise ranged nuke - hoping for another Unity or finishing the Walk set to start fights with more DR.) and I think I'd prefer something that doesn't require leaping into the middle of every fight. Got the stuff for Holy Shotgun, I think, and I know I could do Blessed Shield.

Or maybe Invoker for the novelty of a build that doesn't care at all about traditional damage stats. Or.. Akkhan's Phalanx? Baleful Remnant (makes kills spawn Phalanx Avatars while in Champion), that ring that makes Phalanx last twice as long, Tasker & Theo or the Phalanx legendary helm + Enforcer gem? Pretend to be a Fetish Army Witch Doctor with Phalanx Bowmen? Probably not enough damage on that to really push, but it sounds like it might be fun to screw around with a bit.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ettin in the Playground

I have noticed a bunch more than usual. Not ones that are terribly useful to me (Mara's Kaleidoscope just gets cubed), but still nice to have. I'd love a nice, Ancient, Gyrfalcon's Foot and Jenkenboard. Or a Primal Ancient Corrupted Ashbringer, just 'cuz it's a fun sword.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Titan in the Playground

Invokers is boring, but effective. You basically just hold down basic attack and mash Iron Skin every now and then.

Phalanx Crusader is my white whale. It seems like it has support but there's just not quite enough oomph available to push it to being endgame viable even with Nightmares. Or at least I haven't been able to swing it, perhaps someone else has made a good build for it.

19. - Top - End - #1489

Yeah I've been dying to make Phalanx work too. And Fist of the Heavens. Basically any caster that isn't Hammer or Shields (or Holy Shotgun, but I'm happy that one is back.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I just cleared GR70 solo. I've completed three Conquests (although only two of them were for this season - I got 59 million gold in a string in the Not the Cow Level just for fun). I've got everything done for Conquerer Level!

Except...

I still need to Augment a Legendary item with a Gem. That's right, I broke GR72 Solo without any Augments. I've got a Rank 55 Bane of the Powerful and 3 extra Flawless Royal Rubies (plus Bane of the Trapped and Stricken and Geegok of Speed at Rank 65), but I don't know that I want to sacrifice the Bane of the Powerful. Of course, for the cost of leveling up another gem, I could sacrifice BotP and level the new one up.

And I still need to Master a Set Dungeon...

Edit: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-12-25 at 11:26 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Ettin in the Playground

OK, I've got my 50+augment done. All I have left for the Champion, Slayer, and Conqueror levels is Mastering a stupid Set Dungeon. I've got all the Crusader sets except Thorns of the Invoker, though I haven't done anything with Roland's other than collect it. Any suggestions? I've got just about everything for the Akkhan-Condemn set, but I keep running out of time. I have not yet found the Immune to Fire amulet (Star of Aztaroth or something) for the Seeker-Hammer build.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-12-30 at 09:07 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1492

Invoker is by far the easiest crusader dungeon to master so I would do that one. The regular Invoker build should be fine to do it, nothing special required.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Ettin in the Playground

Invoker is certainly easy. Still took me 5 tries, though. Kept forgetting which numbers had Ironskin and Consecration. Now if I can complete a 3rd Conquest, I'll have the whole thing done.

Got any good non-set Crusader builds viable up to GR45?

Edit: Also: Woo hoo! 11 stash tabs!
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-12-30 at 05:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1494

Any LoN build minus the LoN can do it. I can't really recommend you one as I don't know your playstyle or the legs you have, but you should be able to experiment - that's half the fun!
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Ettin in the Playground

Woo hoo! First time I've completed the Guardian level of he Season Journey! Thanks for your help, Psyren!

Here's the build I used: Blessed Shield. Finished the GR45 with about 8 minutes to spare.

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Ettin in the Playground

6 more levels until I hit 800! That's my goal this season...

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

My play group and I switched over to Diablo iii recently. We got to level 50 on this season then all of us decided to switch characters. I went from all passives + disintegrate wizard to witchdoctor, another went from necromancer to crusader, third went from demonhunter to copying my wizard.

I prefer zone control to pets, I'm wondering if a pure control doctor is viable. Grasping hands, mass confusion, hex and horrify or frogs. Anyone have witch doctor experience, and are pets needed?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

28. - Top - End - #1498

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    My play group and I switched over to Diablo iii recently. We got to level 50 on this season then all of us decided to switch characters. I went from all passives + disintegrate wizard to witchdoctor, another went from necromancer to crusader, third went from demonhunter to copying my wizard.

I prefer zone control to pets, I'm wondering if a pure control doctor is viable. Grasping hands, mass confusion, hex and horrify or frogs. Anyone have witch doctor experience, and are pets needed?
    Your best bet for a powerful zero-pet WD is the Jade Harvester set, at least if you're concerned about T13+ difficulty. This is a popular variant.

Which leads nicely to my next question - what exactly do you consider "viable?" You can set your own difficulty in this game, and it's all up to you to stop wherever you're having the most fun. A common viability benchmark to aim for is GR70, i.e. Torment 15, because you need to be able to solo that difficulty level to unlock Primal Ancients for all your characters, and most of the seasonal challenges top out around that level too. But if you don't care about that stuff then any difficulty can work and the number of "viable" builds vastly increases. Similarly, for other folks that might still be too easy and they may want to climb all the way to 90+.

As it is, there are currently at least 5 builds per class (4 sets + LoN) that are viable at GR70, and pretty much all of those can go well beyond that benchmark, with some only starting to fall off in effectiveness after GR100+ or so and some being the leading edge of the game's leaderboards. (If, again, that's something you care about.)

As for your specific question - building purely for crowd control (cc) is generally not viable at the difficulties I mentioned. First, most powerful builds can cc roomfuls of mobs while also killing them, which is ultimately the point (since they need to die to drop loot or give you additional timer), so a build that only does cc is a significant dps loss to the group. Secondly, crowd control suffers from diminishing returns, with monsters who are controlled repeatedly eventually becoming immune rather quickly, so that's another reason to kill them rather than stunlocking or what have you. Third and final, elites/champions/bosses have innate resistance to cc effects to begin with - these effects have shorter duration on them and also reduced effects if the effect has a gradient. (e.g. a spell that reduces monster movement by 80% will reduce an elite by much less, but a spell that outright stun or blindss them should still work - albeit falling off more quickly.)

This is not to say that support builds aren't viable, but the good ones tend to buff your party rather than debuffing the enemy for this reason. Monk is probably the king of this particular playstyle but pretty much every class has a buff build of some kind. For a dedicated buffer, you won't really see the benefits until very high difficulties though.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #1499
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Your best bet for a powerful zero-pet WD is the Jade Harvester set, at least if you're concerned about T13+ difficulty. This is a popular variant.

Which leads nicely to my next question - what exactly do you consider "viable?" You can set your own difficulty in this game, and it's all up to you to stop wherever you're having the most fun. A common viability benchmark to aim for is GR70, i.e. Torment 15, because you need to be able to solo that difficulty level to unlock Primal Ancients for all your characters, and most of the seasonal challenges top out around that level too. But if you don't care about that stuff then any difficulty can work and the number of "viable" builds vastly increases. Similarly, for other folks that might still be too easy and they may want to climb all the way to 90+.

As it is, there are currently at least 5 builds per class (4 sets + LoN) that are viable at GR70, and pretty much all of those can go well beyond that benchmark, with some only starting to fall off in effectiveness after GR100+ or so and some being the leading edge of the game's leaderboards. (If, again, that's something you care about.)

As for your specific question - building purely for crowd control (cc) is generally not viable at the difficulties I mentioned. First, most powerful builds can cc roomfuls of mobs while also killing them, which is ultimately the point (since they need to die to drop loot or give you additional timer), so a build that only does cc is a significant dps loss to the group. Secondly, crowd control suffers from diminishing returns, with monsters who are controlled repeatedly eventually becoming immune rather quickly, so that's another reason to kill them rather than stunlocking or what have you. Third and final, elites/champions/bosses have innate resistance to cc effects to begin with - these effects have shorter duration on them and also reduced effects if the effect has a gradient. (e.g. a spell that reduces monster movement by 80% will reduce an elite by much less, but a spell that outright stun or blindss them should still work - albeit falling off more quickly.)

This is not to say that support builds aren't viable, but the good ones tend to buff your party rather than debuffing the enemy for this reason. Monk is probably the king of this particular playstyle but pretty much every class has a buff build of some kind. For a dedicated buffer, you won't really see the benefits until very high difficulties though.
    The group is currently t3, we have been finding the game gets noticebly easier every 5 levels or so and have been adjusting upwards. My wizard had a buffed damage of 10,000 at level 47, my party member who got salty about it is playing a wizard with damage 16000 at level 50.

So really T5 is as high as I am going to need to get for a while.

I find Monk very 😑, I like CC because my group tends to ignore it and I get sick of competing for damage. I didn't realize that creatures get more resistant over time, we tend to clear rooms instantly.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2018-03-27 at 06:18 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1500

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I didn't realize that creatures get more resistant over time, we tend to clear rooms instantly.
    If you're clearing rooms instantly, consider raising the difficulty for better drops and more XP (and a bit more challenge.) For me at least, the game is most fun when there is a risk of dying, particularly when elites show up with nasty affixes like Arcane or Molten.

The class sets IIRC only drop at 70 so you won't have to worry about that stuff for a long time yet, but the more legendaries you can get now (for cubing) the better.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy