New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XL: The Plot Thickens!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    And now back through the thread to catch up. (As I'm posting at my mate's house, where I'm spending the weekend, and we've spent most of the playing a mod on Civ IV, which among other things, allowed me to play to play as Undead...!)
    would that be part of the fall from heaven series? I always liked that one

Also episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm inclined to believe that maybe angel is starting to learn to behave after Fluttershy started being more firm with her animals at the end of putting your hoof down, but I have a feeling it's not going to last long.

Roidasus (that's his name now in my head canon) actually made me recoil from the screen whenever he appeared

Fluttershy is also incredibly adorable and I really started to tear up when she was crying
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post

All hail the OTP.
    TriShy? but Trixie didn't show up at all....

2nd thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show
    and i am surprised there has been so little mention of Wet Mane Fluttershy

also
    Spoiler
    Show
    "we need every pegasus" but not a sight nor mention of scootaloo..... confirmation that she cannot fly at all 8(
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-03-24 at 11:03 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

3. - Top - End - #213
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    That sound you are hearing everypony? Its Australia. Crying in joy that a season 1 box set is coming to their country.

You may also be hearing my cries of jealous angst.
    INSTANTLY PRE-ORDERED.

Oh frabjous day! Calloh! Callay!

Hasbro finally took my money!
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-03-24 at 11:02 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

That sound you are hearing everypony? Its Australia. Crying in joy that a season 1 box set is coming to their country.

Australia gets a form of media BEFORE the US?

Is it raining blood over by where any of you guys are? I'm gonna go check for any of the other signs of the apocalypse.

On a related note, I will no longer feel bad for you when you bitch about how tough it is to get video games down there.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post

Is it raining blood over by where any of you guys are? I'm gonna go check for any of the other signs of the apocalypse.
    *looks at frogs*
    erm, we may have a problem
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

6. - Top - End - #216

THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF EVER

Is it raining blood over by where any of you guys are?
    Uh, yeah. But that's not unusual. It's a Sunday.

On a related note, I will no longer feel bad for you when you bitch about how tough it is to get video games down there.
    Says the man who doesn't have to pay $90 for Skyrim.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-03-24 at 11:18 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

New episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    This was an amazing episode. Celestia Tier for sure. So beyond Flutterdash being the most canon of all the pairings (except for RariSpike. I consider that to be actual canon.) Anyways I had a funny thought while watching this episode.

During a meeting:

"So we hear that some of our fans still have a functional pancreas."

"What? Very well then. MAKE FLUTTERSHY CRY!"

"Brilliant!"

Also Steroid Pegasus was pretty funny if creepy.

On the subject of Spitfire just standing there: Cloudsdale is literally right there. If they failed they could have a team of pegasi in Ponyville in an hour or less. Spitfire is only there to judge for the record keeping. And perhaps talk to Rainbow Dash.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

INSTANTLY PRE-ORDERED.

Oh frabjous day! Calloh! Callay!

Hasbro finally took my money!
    So.... party at Thanqol's place then?

I've always wanted an excuse to go to Australia! Islands are always fun You're on the beach right? because unless you're in the Outback all of Australia is a beach attached to a coral reef right? I won't have to worry about falling off the underside of the planet will I, I mean I know there are sorta people in Australia but I've always wondered if you just lined the whole place with velcro or something.

Well we had a year without a winter in the States did we not? Clearly we were being warned that the poles are about to reverse and all that nonsense.

THE END TIMES THE END TIMES... just as long as they leave me time to flee to Australia.

9. - Top - End - #219

So.... party at Thanqol's place then?

I've always wanted an excuse to go to Australia! Islands are always fun You're on the beach right? because unless you're in the Outback all of Australia is a beach attached to a coral reef right? I won't have to worry about falling off the underside of the planet will I, I mean I know there are sorta people in Australia but I've always wondered if you just lined the whole place with velcro or something.
    Normally I have to make up stories about Australia but you've got that covered already!

Everypony here is welcome for a pony party at my place any time, by the by.

Well we had a year without a winter in the States did we not? Clearly we were being warned that the poles are about to reverse and all that nonsense.

THE END TIMES THE END TIMES... just as long as they leave me time to flee to Australia.
    We had a year without a summer. You must have stolen ours.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Banned

Heavens and Earth, and I really two threads gone? I hope I just can't count in roman

Hi eveypony! St-- uh, SiuiS here. Checking in.
    Wow. You guys are honna hate me when I catch up... Anyhoo.

So. We finally have confirmation on Braz's end - she has the time off! So despite my trying to stoke her fire a month and a half ago and burning out, she is finally excited abou the con and planning can begin in earnest, for real this time! But lots of things have changed, amongst y'all.

So, Anypony still interested in Operation: Faust, please send me an email. My PM service is at capacity! I have a desktop in a box, and will empty pm boxes when I can, but until then...

Kairaven, I will address you personally within 24 hours. I know I've been rude, and hope I can make that up to you somehow.

My email address is double-you, eye, zed, 'ey, Arrr, dee, pee, oh, 'en, why, at live dot com. It may take a while (multiple days) for a response, as my phone does this thing, where I'd I open it to check email, it will do a search for newer emails, and of there are any, utterly remove my access to the old ones and replace them wih the new ones. Pretty irritating, that.

Have an after-funeral drinking party to prep my innards for, so sorry for the delays. All my love, ponies! You all are my very best friends
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-03-24 at 11:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Since I woke up realizing that I had missed the latest Fluttershy episode, I knew it was going to be a lousy day. Folks not understanding how VCRs work, 45-minute conversations with customers, 20-minute calls with Help Desk, and even Subway was out of meatballs for my sandwich.

But I have all 8 pony toys now, so that's at least something.

And yes, I am still imagining that Wakko and Pinkie Pie communication.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Normally I have to make up stories about Australia but you've got that covered already!

Everypony here is welcome for a pony party at my place any time, by the by.

We had a year without a summer. You must have stolen ours.
    I see. And also you mean about how you live in a Death World where even the Koala's are viscous killing machines... everyone knows those aren't stories.

But if you'd preferr I can ask you about dingos and babies

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Heavens and Earth, and I really two threads gone? I hope I just can't count in roman

You last posted on page 20 of the previous thread
    So, Anypony still interested in Operation: Faust, please send me an email. My PM service is at capacity! I have a desktop in a box, and will empty pm boxes when I can, but until then...
    Umm still am but couldn't quite translate the details of that email address. Though really all I'd need would be a particulars about exact time-dates and all so I can arrange my own transit and such. Perhaps you could buzz me a PM with what plans there are.

13. - Top - End - #223

I see. And also you mean about how you live in a Death World where even the Koala's are viscous killing machines... everyone knows those aren't stories.

But if you'd preferr I can ask you about dingos and babies
    Dingos kill twelve million babies every second.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

smile Re: My Little Pony XL: The Plot Thickens!

Wow, I didn't think they would release the whole season. A$110 is a lot of cash if you're planning on picking it up disc by disc but since it's through Madman I'm guessing there will be a multi-disc box set when they're done for less. It still looks like it will be a year before the whole season is out though. Still great news.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

And eat them? Alright its just like they told me it was that time at Outback Steakhouse while I was drinking Foster's fine brew!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

So. We finally have confirmation on Braz's end - she has the time off! So despite my trying to stoke her fire a month and a half ago and burning out, she is finally excited abou the con and planning can begin in earnest, for real this time! But lots of things have changed, amongst y'all.

Kairaven, I will address you personally within 24 hours. I know I've been rude, and hope I can make that up to you somehow.

My email address is double-you, eye, zed, 'ey, Arrr, dee, pee, oh, 'en, why, at live dot com. It may take a while (multiple days) for a response, as my phone does this thing, where I'd I open it to check email, it will do a search for newer emails, and of there are any, utterly remove my access to the old ones and replace them wih the new ones. Pretty irritating, that.

Have an after-funeral drinking party to prep my innards for, so sorry for the delays. All my love, ponies! You all are my very best friends
    Hey! Good to hear from you again! My computer suddenly exploded a few days ago, so I guess I had fortunate timing getting this phone when I did. I'll try to send an answer in the next few days.

My condolences for your loss, I think.

Just human babies or does that count birds and **** too?
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

17. - Top - End - #227

And eat them? Alright its just like they told me it was that time at Outback Steakhouse while I was drinking Foster's fine brew!
    Sometimes they only eat their identity, and then take the place of the baby, Changeling style. The humans then raise the dingo as their own. One in four Australians is secretly a dingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Just human babies or does that count birds and stuff too?
    One in three magpies is a dingo with a jetpack.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

K. If it happens to the U.S., they can stuff it. "No special features."

I'll keep watching them on Youtube since there's no reason to buy the DVD's.

And how much money is that in dollars?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-03-25 at 02:03 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229

“Unusually awesome! Check this out.” Rainbow Dash nosed back a few pages. “Evening Glimmer cried out in pleasure. The ecstasy doubled and redoubled in her mind, like a pile of fissile material reaching critical mass. Neutrons travelling at the speed of lust collided with sensual nuclei, splitting them into two smaller, slightly less-sensual nuclei but also releasing more lusty neutrons, which then went on to impact additional nuclei. The chain reaction continued until the number of fissile sensual nuclei fell below the level necessary to sustain the reaction. ‘Oh yes,’ she moaned.”

- Naked Singularity, a pony story everypony should read.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-03-25 at 02:04 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    K. If it happens to the U.S., they can stuff it. "No special features."
    Has anywhere said there's no special features? I'm honestly not expecting any given it's aiming for the kids market, but I haven't explicitly seen anything that said there's nothing. Even subtitles would be nice.

And at least the US has had the option to buy from the iTunes store for ages. Australia has been out of luck.

And how much money is that in dollars?
    In Australian dollars, exactly what it says.

Current conversion would be:
    1 DVD: A$19.97 = US$20.91
    1 DVD + box: A$29.97 = US$31.39
    5 DVDs: A$99.85 = US$104.56
    5 DVDs + box: A$109.85 = US$115.04
    If there's a full 5 DVD box set, my guess is it would probably be somewhere about A$60-80, but you never know.

If someone in the US wants to import, you also need a player that can work with Region 4 and a player/TV combo that can handle PAL.

Edit: Since I'm talking Aussie currency and since someone mentioned they didn't know if those old educational videos would carry outside the US, that reminds me of the ad for the introduction of Australian decimal currency. So yeah, we had them too.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-03-25 at 02:51 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

New Episode thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    This was a good one. I liked the film strip, and it's obvious that Fluttershy and Dash are good friends. I also really appreciated that they didn't do something stupid like have Fluttershy's contribution get them the world record. I also wondered how Fluttershy's wings could support her in flight if she lost a contest to a butterfly, but that's pure rule of funny.

One thing I noticed was that I didn't feel as sorry for Fluttershy as I should have. I just kept thinking of her as the nasty pony from Putting Your Hoof Down who said those nasty things to Pinkie and Rarity and flipped out violently against undeserving ponies... including Dash last week. It cut down on my empathy a LOT. I may have to do what PhantomFox suggested and just cut it from my personal canon. It's putting a damper on otherwise fine episodes.

In addition, there's another episode of my podcast up. This time we did Time of Eve. It involves robots. http://fivepointpodcast.blogspot.com/2012/03/time-of-eve-review.html
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

*Pant Pant*

I caught up! A whole...week...of pony thread.
    Guaghuguauuh...*Collapses*
    Every time someone presses the quote button on one of my posts I steal a very small part of their soul.

I have a Tumblr now. So that's cool.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

“Unusually awesome! Check this out.” Rainbow Dash nosed back a few pages. “Evening Glimmer cried out in pleasure. The ecstasy doubled and redoubled in her mind, like a pile of fissile material reaching critical mass. Neutrons travelling at the speed of lust collided with sensual nuclei, splitting them into two smaller, slightly less-sensual nuclei but also releasing more lusty neutrons, which then went on to impact additional nuclei. The chain reaction continued until the number of fissile sensual nuclei fell below the level necessary to sustain the reaction. ‘Oh yes,’ she moaned.”

- Naked Singularity, a pony story everypony should read.
    that. was. painful.

and what are you doing reading? i thought we agreed you were to be chained to a desk to write.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    that. was. painful.

and what are you doing reading? i thought we agreed you were to be chained to a desk to write.
    It was less an agreement and more of a kidnapping.

25. - Top - End - #235

It was less an agreement and more of a kidnapping.
    Well yes, that is why he said we agreed. We all just assumed you would go with the flow. You know, peer pressure and all that fun stuff.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

26. - Top - End - #236

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Well yes, that is why he said we agreed. We all just assumed you would go with the flow. You know, peer pressure and all that fun stuff.
    That's why I didn't say anything until now. But if you take away my shipfics I will chew through my ballgag and lock you in a freezer filled with broken glass.

Ain't no one takes away my shipfics.

Ain't no one.

27. - Top - End - #237

That's why I didn't say anything until now. But if you take away my shipfics I will chew through my ballgag and lock you in a freezer filled with broken glass.

Ain't no one takes away my shipfics.

Ain't no one.
    Hmm...hey guys! I have a new suggestion: Lets let the Australian have his ship fics.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Originally Posted by Thanqol
    Welcome to the pony fandom. I've chained MYSELF to a desk to write more stories!
    pretty sure it was consensual there, thanqol.

that's right, i just went back 3 pony threads to use you against yourself. i will have more pony fics.

on a related note: is there an eta on the next "mare in the mirror".
    need resolution @,@
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-03-25 at 07:49 AM.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    on a related note: is there an eta on the next "mare in the mirror".
    need resolution @,@
    Yup. A few hours, in fact

I'm in the last rounds of editing as we speak, and things are looking good.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Yup. A few hours, in fact

I'm in the last rounds of editing as we speak, and things are looking good.
    knowing the story thus far, that's bad for our cast's health.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever: