New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Falling Flowers

[Ilpholin's Phone]

Well Ilpholin doesn't seem terribly busy at the immediate moment, so she's in her room at the time. The phone rings for a bit, before she answers a bit breathlessly. "Hello?"

Harnel's not hardly contacted Ilpholin for anything before and the last interaction she recalls having with him is ogling him while he had his shirt off (something which Ilpholin still finds sexist that people got upset over while simultaneously arguing for Harnel's right to do so). That aside as water under bridge, it's been a long time and she doesn't really remember a serious conversation with him, so she suspects this is about Cessie in some way or another.

Her player might just be forgetful though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Halfling in the Playground

[Atlantis Labs]

Isabelle just...nods and starts walking off, with a faded, twitchy smile.

She'll probably be alright...but Shayan might want to give her a few days before speaking to her again
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Orc in the Playground

Atlantis Labs

((Actually, Nephrim's still out of it and in order-obeying mode. That was padding, and to let people know what to expect when it's over. Nephrim doesn't like admitting she has weaknesses, or rather doesn't like others knowing them. She also can't use mind control without speaking.))

Nephrim turns and starts to shamble away.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Barbarian in the Playground

Atlantis Labs

((In that case, replace "before I do something I regret" with "so you can rest and let your minds clear" The intent would change significantly if she wasn't mind controlled.))

Shayan nods and heads back into the lab to make sure Dam'bul isn't eaten alive by something nasty. She'll wait until the paralysis wears off on him, assuming no one comes back to interrupt her.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    BioLab
    "No, I'm not putting it on. Something that does things like that isn't something I wanna risk malfunctioning if it doesn't work."
    Typing in the code for the blast pan, she takes out the glove.
    "You are, however, welcome to try to make something less...possibly dangerous. Something that doesn't manipulate matter at its base level, please?"
    Enshadu frowns, adjusting his white mask with his metal floating chrome hands. Well....um, if you didn't realize it, science is far more fun when you test out creations yourself! Say, you want something smaller?! Like what? A can opener? A mechanical pencil sharpener? He growls a little and moves back to the junk pile. He pulls a jar of live cockroaches from his coat, pulls one out, and then traps it with a movement from his hand, encasing a force bubble around it. He observes the things shape and various bodily features before constructing a little metal version of it, with orangish eyes and red feelers. He steps on the living cockroach with a metal boot and moves over to Megan. See, here. It's a cockroach, but not. It's actually a spy thingy. See, it relays information to the owner through a mind bond. It can spy on people, track them, and even has a self-destruct button! It's....really simple. I call it a Clockroach.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Orc in the Playground

Atlantis Labs

Nephrim has shambled off, zombie-like, into a deeper part of the base. Hopefully she'll snap out of it before everyone in AMEN knows about this particular weakness. Especially Rot the Vampire, though his player hasn't been around in a while.

I don't think Dam'bul has been eaten alive, but I wasn't watching too closely so anything is possible. He should still be paralysed, though something in the lab may have taken advantage of that paralysis.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #1267

BioLab
    "It is fun to test out my creations myself 'cause I'm confident in my abilities."
    She nods in approval of the Clockroach.
    "Now, tell me a bit about yourself."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Somewhere in AMEN - Kitchen

Stu giggles and claps his hands. Well once anyways. When he realizes how awkward it is to clap with one hand being a flamethrower, he stops.

"That's awesome! Now do... Harry Plotter!" A conniving wizard, that one.
    "Um."

Actually, Harley doesn't like turning into guys.
    They have a weird number of ribs.

"Yeah, sure," she says hesitantly. Turning into two guys in a row is even worse than just turning into one guy, because that amplifies the weird number of ribs problem, confusing your body so it doesn't know what's real and what's not anymore.

And even then, everybody knows what happens when you turn into a three guys in a row without ever reverting to a normal, healthy woman. There's no way that a flower is ever going to convince her to do it thrice.

Even if he pays her three chocolate puddings to do it.

Harley the Evil Shapeshifter fluently shapeshifts into this Harry Plotter, the boy who fibbed, and has a star-shaped scar on the bottom side of his tongue.
    She still has her signature scar and sword.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

Your face gets stuck like that?

"Whoo! You're awesome! We should set up a show and charge admission. Ok... ok... now do... ummm... Stu's player is running out of ideas for this, but I doubt Stu will stop any time soon. "Ohh do Becky but make her face look all stupid!"

Halls

Speaking of which Ilpholin is resuming her search for either Becky or Orrey at this point in time.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-09-24 at 07:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #1270

Halls

Good timing, actually. Orrey was just looking for Ilpholin. He catches up to her in the hall, wearing an extra-large leather jacket and some grey trousers from his endless wardrobe of faded denim. It clashes with the burning red in his hair.

"Ilpholin! Yo, any word from Zefir?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

Halls

"Zefir refused to speak to me about it actually. Having one of his moments." Ilpholin says, looking over the outfit.

"But I'm not too worried about it. Actually, I wanted to ask you if you'd be interested in a training position. I have someone covering close combat clashes and someone doing the whole squad and long range combat, but with your unique style, I'd have someone covering medium range combat and general brawling." Complete with improvised weapons! Supposedly. Ilpholin is under the impression that Orrey is good at that at least. And sometimes fancy footwork doesn't save you compared to quick thinking in a tavern brawl.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #1272

Halls

"Sure, sure, I can train em'," Orrey says, giving her a mean smile. "Show em' a few other tricks while I'm at it. Carjacking, combat stims, the works. I do get paid for this, right?" He glances down the hall. "Hell, I probly know close combat better'n whatever fruit you've got on the payroll."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-09-24 at 10:45 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #1273

Your face gets stuck like that?

"Whoo! You're awesome! We should set up a show and charge admission. Ok... ok... now do... ummm... Stu's player is running out of ideas for this, but I doubt Stu will stop any time soon. "Ohh do Becky but make her face look all stupid!"

Erm...yes. Or something like that.

Harley doesn't know who Becky is! So she just turns into a normal woman for now. (Whew. That rib cage was starting to feel weird.) "Sorry, I don't know who that is," thinking that this Becky must be a popular country musician, or something. "But, if you want, you can describe her and I'll try to look like her," she says, giving Stu artistic license to come up with anything he wants to.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

Halls

"Of course." Though it won't be much at all. Ilpholin doesn't think helping AMEN improve as a whole is something she should be bribing members to do in the first place, so the payment will be token/less than minimum wage at best. No need to go into specifics now though.

"You're welcome to do Close Combat as well, but I'd be careful about calling Sweetums a fruit." He is still an ogre.

"Ugh. That sounds like work. No way."

"Just... do Magtok with boobs or something and that'd be close enough."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    BioLab
    "It is fun to test out my creations myself 'cause I'm confident in my abilities."
    She nods in approval of the Clockroach.
    "Now, tell me a bit about yourself."
    He nods slowly. As am I, Ms. Megan. As am I... He moves over to the rest of the junk, rearranging the pile into a small model of Megan. Let's see, I'm a half-golem....I'm vegetarian...I enjoy a nice breakfast in the morning....hm...Oh yeah, I should be dead...I live forever....hm...That's about it!

16. - Top - End - #1276

"Ugh. That sounds like work. No way."

"Just... do Magtok with boobs or something and that'd be close enough."

The Evil Shapeshifter sighs. This is the laziest flower that she's ever met. (She hasn't met very many flowers, though. Just so you know.)

"Okiedokie," she says. Magtok, she has seen before, even though only briefly.

She turns into a Magtok with a D-cup. It's pretty scary! "There!" she says, with a girlish Magtokian voice. "Is this how she looks?" asks Harley, twisting a bit so Stu can see the transformation from three different angles.

17. - Top - End - #1277

"More or less, yeah." Magtok says, appearing from out of nowhere. He nonchalantly walks right on past the two, looking at neither of them as he makes a beeline right from the fridge.

"The tush needs a little work, though. Not quite as perfect as my own."

He removes a bottle of Diet Coke (how abhorrent!) before walking right on by a second time. He snaps the bottle open, glancing back at the muddle-headed murderers with the slightest hint of a smirk for having caught them in the act.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

18. - Top - End - #1278

Main Room

Zefir is currently here. He waits for Clarissa to shake the dead time ooze away. Until that happens he continues his self training. What a luck that a half full/empty glass of water stands on the table.

He starts to wave with his hand and the water seems to follow his movements, pushing the glass around on the table.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll never get over how similar Becky and Magtok look and act." Stu says shaking his head. Must have done a good job.

Speaking of which, "Oh hi Magtok! She can turn into anyone evil! Want to give it a try?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #1280

[Ilpholin's Office - Wolfgang]

"Ah. Ok, well see, we have a problem on that end." Ilpholin says. Might as well be straightforward about it now. "See, we have no way of proving any of what you've said is true. Can't go to your world, mind control your closest friends, and get them to say that yes, you are a pretty cool guy."

"And you've done no particularly evil work here in the Nexus, so there's no evidence on that front either. You've got something of a blank slate."

"While that's not a bad thing, in and of itself, it poses a real security risk to just let anyone with blank slates walk in and join up. As such, those people generally need to provide something to show that they are devoted to... AMEN's interests at the very least. For instance, one lady who works with mutating animals is producing some very special ferrets for us."

"As of yet, I have not found anything of such a nature that you have to offer though..." And therein lies a problem.
    "It would seem that we are at an impasse, then," Wolfgang replies, not seeming particularly concerned. "I'm afraid I do not have much other than blueprints and experiment journals that are poorly recorded. Is there something else you have in mind?"

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin sits back and thinks for several moments, before deciding on a course of action.

"The obvious answer would be for you to build something for AMEN, but I've already got several people doing that. But... you are probably uniquely suited for another role."

Ilpholin makes a mental note to get some sort of awesome touch screen holographic display installed in here. "As of recently, a human supremest group has become far more active. For obvious reasons we'll never be able to bring it into our fold, nor ally with it." What with a draegloth being in charge. "However, having someone on the inside being our eyes and ears would be rather useful. I have no particular plans for the group, but should the time come to support or oppose them, we'll be in position and prepared." Being prepared is important.

"I would ask that you infiltrate the group. Offer your unique services to them. With the skills you claim, you should be able to rise through their ranks pretty handily I'd believe. Provide us with information as you come across it."

"Do you think you'd be up for it?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #1282

"I think I can make that work. It wouldn't be hard to get in there, after all." Wolfgang considers his options on how he'd be going about getting into that group. "Do you know where they happen to be stationed?"
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-09-26 at 12:27 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've heard of a restaurant in Inside, but that's about it." Ilpholin says. "Sitar's Strings I believe? It was a weird instrument, and not a guitar at the least."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #1284

Wolfgang nods once at that. "Well, I shall have to get on that quickly." He starts to stand up. "Unless there is something else?"

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

"No that is all." Ilpholin says, putting Wolfgang's form away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Phone]

Well Ilpholin doesn't seem terribly busy at the immediate moment, so she's in her room at the time. The phone rings for a bit, before she answers a bit breathlessly. "Hello?"

Harnel's not hardly contacted Ilpholin for anything before and the last interaction she recalls having with him is ogling him while he had his shirt off (something which Ilpholin still finds sexist that people got upset over while simultaneously arguing for Harnel's right to do so). That aside as water under bridge, it's been a long time and she doesn't really remember a serious conversation with him, so she suspects this is about Cessie in some way or another.

Her player might just be forgetful though.
    [Ilpholin's Phone]

No, they've never really had a serious interaction between them, have they? Well, that's about to change, "Hey, Ilpholin? Are you busy? I've got a proposition for you, and I feel it should be done in person." Exactly what this proposition is is a mystery; Harnel has an odd way of saying it that takes away all the assumption of what the proposition is. The exact nature of it is hard to describe, as inflections tend to be, but in the end it's hard to determine exactly what he means.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

27. - Top - End - #1287

[Ilpholin's Office]

Isabelle has come a'knocking at Ilphy's door!

She appears to have a bear beside her.

A rather large bear.

With two heads.

I think she's been busy.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

28. - Top - End - #1288

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Falling Flowers: Edited to take up less space

"More or less, yeah." Magtok says, appearing from out of nowhere. He nonchalantly walks right on past the two, looking at neither of them as he makes a beeline right from the fridge.
    [...]
    [...]
    Speaking of which, "Oh hi Magtok! She can turn into anyone evil! Want to give it a try?"
    When Magtok talks, Harley jumps! "Oh. Hello, Magtok," says the new intern. The pseudomagtokian shapeshifter's cheeks go a little red, but she doesn't know why. She does return to her normal human form.

This Becky must look a lot like Magtok, then, Harley figures. "Evil things, actually, like humans and elves and statues," she clarifies. She can't turn into just 'anyone evil' - for example, she can't turn into a giant floating eye made of fire living on a tower and who looks for little gold rings, nor can she turn into a flower.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-09-26 at 06:45 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1289

AMEN Kitchen

"Only evil folk? That's terribly specific, isn't it?"

Magtok takes a sip from that horrible, disgusting, unseemly soda bottle, before raising an eyebrow in befuddlement. Why evil of all things, what causes that sort of magical limitation on one's powers?

"Out of curiosity, what would happen if you were to go back to being me and then I...I dunno, suddenly decide to join a monastery and live out the rest of my days in peace and harmony and not-evilness?"

Sounds like a terrible accident waiting to happen. I'd only impersonate dead people if I were you, Harley. Some baddies are just one hug and a few forgiving words away from forsaking darkness forever, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

30. - Top - End - #1290

AMEN Kitchen

"I'll just pretend that you have an imaginary evil twin," she replies immediately. Harley frowns. "It's always worked before. Unless you don't have an evil imaginary twin."

She explains why it works, despite Magtok not asking aloud. He only asked with his befuddled eyebrow. "It's because I'm an Evil Shapeshifter. I can only turn into things like Humans, which are essentially evil from birth." How correct she is in this statement is moot.

Waving a hand towards Stu, she says, "I can't turn into him, however, because flowers are good from the moment they're kissed by the first bee to the moment a little boy steps on them."
    No matter how hard she shapeshifts, though, she can't get rid of her scars, either. Most notably: the big one right on the left half of her face.