New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: narutooo!!!!!

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Post narutooo!!!!!

so ya the title explains it all... just post your comments on naruto...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: narutooo!!!!!

It's an above average shounen series. But I'll never forgive the mangaka for his one year of "chase Sasuke" arc.

3. - Top - End - #3

BlackDragon

i have to agree, it was really lame how much time they spent on chasing sasuke... i like shippudin more, much more intensity, also naruto finally asks sukura out (lol failure)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have never enjoyed any part of the show that I've so far seen. It has all the elements of anime that I don't like and none of the ones I do.

It does make a decent fighter game, though. I rather enjoyed the Gamecube version.
    Spending most of my time on another forum.
    Awesome Daemonhost avatar by Fin.

5. - Top - End - #5

BlackDragon

i like the game, but on a scale of 1-10 ide give it a 5

6. - Top - End - #6

Huh, I swore Naruto was gay. I gotta lay off the fangirls...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Naruto must die.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

As WT said, it's an above average shonen series, but the plot for me has lost a lot of its steam, especially the manga chapters released last year; the main character is still annoying and too impulsive in cases where he should take his time, many of the deaths of both heroes and villains were poorly handled and lose any emotional value I can attach to them. I also did not like what happened to Sai. It's one thing to make him to relate to why Naruto is (almost stupidly) hellbent to 'rescue' Sasuke but the author didn't need to make him jump on the 'starry eyed admire at Naruto' wagon. A quiet, rational 'anti-Naruto' voice would have made the team dynamics more interesting. The fighting is still pretty godd, though there are a few plotholes and plot induced stupidity here and there.

9. - Top - End - #9

I thought everyone was an antiNaruto that's what made him "special." Btw, what plot holes are there? I haven't been reading the chapters very closely. Guess Naruto being such a moron compared to everyone else is one...

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Neji Hyuga owns you.

The only thing I DON'T like about the series, is the main character. He sucks. Make a season where it revolves around a Hyuga

Hyuga's rock

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

I like it, but there's too many stupid parts. I prefer Death Note and Bleach.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Give me Basilisk over naruto for ninja action.
    But yeah, naruto is really losing steam, and if that interview with the mangaka is correct, we still have quite a bit to go with Sasuke. Another half a year to a year.
    "Stand together men, for we are the only defenders of this glade until spring arrives, heralding the return of our Lord and the Wild Hunt," Relar Sorin, Lord of the Tower of Eternal Winter and Eternal Guard Leader

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    I like it, but there's too many stupid parts. I prefer Death Note and Bleach.

You don't like a crappy immature anime meant for 16 year old boys and prefer another crappy anime meant for 16 year old boys and one meant for 16 year old girls with self esteem issues?

sorry

My personal tastes express themselves as hostility, apologies. More to the point though, what is the appeal of the naruto dbz bleach archetype of of anime? (that being the 5 episode long fighting scenes type) I've always preffered giant robot myself, especially stuff like 08th MS team where there is a marked lack of angst ridden teenage boys.

(as a side note if anyone can find more GR type anime sans the whining let me know)

anyway those are my rambling incoherent thoughts
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Naruto must die.
    Possible the worst main character i've ever seen, with the possible exception of Sora. What kind of ninja were orange

Also we have the wanna be, ineffective loner king and the girl who doesn't do anything. god

You don't like a crappy immature anime meant for 16 year old boys and prefer another crappy anime meant for 16 year old boys and one meant for 16 year old girls with self esteem issues?
    Bleach isn't great, but it at least tries, you can tell the writer is trying to make a good manga
    Death note is sick, can't compare. One main character is an immature little kid who can't focuse, the other is a ruthless, sociopathic zealot with a god complex.

from
    EE
    Last edited by EvilElitest; 2008-01-13 at 09:40 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

*raises scope to eye*
    *zooms in on Naruto's head*
    *pulls trigger*

God, I hate this show. Now, I've only seen the English version, and supposedly the Japanese one is better.

But still. The entire basic premise behind the series is flawed. Ninjas =/= orange jumpsuits! Gaaah!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Verrukt View Post

sorry

My personal tastes express themselves as hostility, apologies. More to the point though, what is the appeal of the naruto dbz bleach archetype of of anime? (that being the 5 episode long fighting scenes type) I've always preffered giant robot myself, especially stuff like 08th MS team where there is a marked lack of angst ridden teenage boys.
    I somewhat agree with you hence why I prefer One Piece of the big shonen anime. Also on non-whiny Giant Robot anim...ation. Try Megas XLR.

Also Bleach is not great, the artist seems to have gotten bored and decided to repeat the SS arc in Hueco Mondo. I hate copypasta.
    Avi by Djinn in Tonic

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I have only seen a little(only the english version and only at friends houses), and I maintain that it is okay provided you realize that A, they are not ninjas they are wizard acrobats. Ninjas don't wear orange jumpsuits and throw fireballs. and B don't listen to naturo's voice.
    At my school there are a few major Naurto fanboys, at one point one tried to convince me that what they do isn't magic. It was almost amusingly pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Thinks of a way to defend shounen action shows........fails miserably
    Current Shounen Shows I am watching:
    Minami-ke
    Spice and Wolf
    Zoku Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei
    Clannad
    and of course
    Shakugan no Shana

Best shows are the ones that only last one to two season at max
    (anime season is 12 episdoes)
    "Stand together men, for we are the only defenders of this glade until spring arrives, heralding the return of our Lord and the Wild Hunt," Relar Sorin, Lord of the Tower of Eternal Winter and Eternal Guard Leader

19. - Top - End - #19

You don't like a crappy immature anime meant for 16 year old boys and prefer another crappy anime meant for 16 year old boys and one meant for 16 year old girls with self esteem issues
    Well it's was really meant for 10 year old boys, and... lets not talk about the girls who like it lest we awaken the yaoi fandom.

And... Naruto is tolerable only in manga form. His anime voice (any version) is... painful at best.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

I liked the first three seasons of Naruto, up to the point of Third Hokage dying - after that, it went downhill, still not bad though up until the whole "chase after Sasuke" thing started, when it started to get boring. I prefer Bleach in the "unending shonen" department, and even it was slightly ruined for me when I compared it to Avatar, which is an anime with the best fight choreography I've ever seen, and is not even made in Japan.

Birdman of the Church of Link's Hat

21. - Top - End - #21

Well it's more for 10 year old boys, and lets not talk about the girls lest we invoke the yaoi fandom, but oddly I think you got the age right there.

Incidentally I only read the manga since I can't stand the Naruto voice... any of them.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu View Post
    I liked the first three seasons of Naruto, up to the point of Third Hokage dying - after that, it went downhill, still not bad though up until the whole "chase after Sasuke" thing started, when it started to get boring. I prefer Bleach in the "unending shonen" department, and even it was slightly ruined for me when I compared it to Avatar, which is an anime with the best fight choreography I've ever seen, and is not even made in Japan.
    totally seconded, i hate the fact everyone assumes Americans can't make good shows
    from
    EE

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Uggh. Can't stand Avatar. It annoys me. I'm not sure why, but it just isn't all that good in my mind.

Anyway, I like Bleach because 1) Ichigo is a WAYYY better main character than Naruto, and 2) It's pretty good for an anime.

Death Note is fantastic. It's a brilliant manga. Too bad the anime is only like 37 episodes long.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Uggh. Can't stand Avatar. It annoys me. I'm not sure why, but it just isn't all that good in my mind.

Anyway, I like Bleach because 1) Ichigo is a WAYYY better main character than Naruto, and 2) It's pretty good for an anime.

Death Note is fantastic. It's a brilliant manga. Too bad the anime is only like 37 episodes long.
    I quite like avatar, puts Naurto to shame

Death note was a great manga, and the first 26 eposides were great, but after that ug, i hate near. Accully, the second half of the manga as well.
    from
    EE

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest View Post
    totally seconded, i hate the fact everyone assumes Americans can't make good shows
    from
    EE
    I feel like some old geezer when I have to mention Batman: The Animated Series, and Gargoyles when people say that.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorTribble View Post
    I feel like some old geezer when I have to mention Batman: The Animated Series, and Gargoyles when people say that.

Agreed. Never got into Gargoyles, but Batman TAS ruled. Mark Hamil is the best villain VA ever. Which is another reason Avatar rules(Hamil is the Firelord). And indeed Avatar does put Naruto to shame. Really it puts pretty much most anime and most normal shows to shame. There aren't many shows that can completely **** conventions and pull off something as stunningly unusual and well done as the season 2 finale.
    Last edited by Alex Kidd; 2008-01-13 at 11:51 PM.
    Avi by Djinn in Tonic

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest View Post
    I quite like avatar, puts Naurto to shame
    *Activating flame shield.*

28. - Top - End - #28

I stopped caring about Naruto a long time ago. I still do an RP based on the setting (though I play a Bard for satirical reasons) and I am familiar with the IGN board. At the most I'll look on Wikipedia once in a while to see what's new with the series.

Also that picture makes me think of this...

Last edited by hanzo66; 2008-01-14 at 12:20 AM.
    A well-placed bullet can stop anybody with an oversized sword.
    In real life that is.
    Everywhere else, you're screwed.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Your stereotypical ninja dresses in all black, says nothing, and kills people within 3 seconds. This would make the show very boring. Ninjas dont have epic battles, they sneak around until one se the other, a knife is thrown, and then its over.

The 1 year finding-sasuke arc was filler to give the manga writers time to get the manga far enough in front of the anime. Just skip it and watch the shippuden episodes. None of the episodes affect the main story line.

Death Note was ok but finished horribly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Light is found out and is killed by Ryuk.

Bleach is alright, I honestly cannot see what possible problems can be found.

As for american cartoons, most are geared towards the 6-12 year-olds. After that, kids are expected to move up to sitcoms, reality shows and the like. Japanese toons are geared for anywhere from 6-18+ if you know what I mean.

When Naruto came over here, it was butchered by the censors, given horrible voice actors, and marketed to 10 year-olds. (I personally would have preferred subtitled japanese).
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-01-14 at 12:25 AM.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

30. - Top - End - #30
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Talkkno View Post
    *Activating flame shield.*
    Yeah, but at least in avatar the girl is effectual, and the useless one provides thinking and comic relief.

Naruto is really, really bad. And stupid. That is all.
    Last edited by averagejoe; 2008-01-14 at 12:28 AM.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns