New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #331
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

Rowan Cabin-main room

Kate relaxes, laying back onto the couch a bit. After thinking for a moment about the times when she was dragged off to take Christmas pictures, she shifts a bit to give Julie a 45 degree angle and crosses her ankles daintily.

-Kitchen

"To cut that cake without the whole family and friends in attendance would feel like stepping out of line of basic host and guest niceties. Ooh, coffee cake. Anyway, how are you Eric?" Copi sits on a stool or chair. "It's been a long while since I've seen you around, I daresay I'm several months behind."

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"Um, I'm Kitty." These questions seem rather hard, actually. What does she do? "I dunno. I just live I guess. You know, just live one day to the next, enjoying it as best I can. I don't put a lot of thought into it."
    "That's a pity. I do much the same thing, living and enjoying life, but I put a lot of thought into it, perhaps even too much." Copi does not have a job, a home, money, or even a place you can find her reliably. Her life is kind of weird.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin - Kitchen]

Damn, she's right. Curses. He reaches into a drawer and pulls out a- wait, there's a knife from Julie getting cake for kate earlier. Eric will just use that, slicing off a piece for Copi, and then he goes to get himself some milk. As he's pouring it, he asks, "Well, where I start depends on what you already know. did Julie tell you how I got my current form?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rowan Cabin - Living Room

Julie snaps a few pictures and then thumbs through them on the little screen, shaking her head, "It might be better if you... cross your legs, and lean forward a bit while keeping your back straight. Does that make any sense?" She's trying to consider how she'd sit in such a dress if she was getting her picture taken. The angle was right, since it gave sort of a partial profile that highlighted her prodigious chest, but her legs weren't positioned correctly in Julie's opinion.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate does so, sitting up straight crossing her legs at the knee and leaning forward just a bit. That's a bit uncomfortable, but "good" pictures often are.

Rowan Cabin - Kitchen

Copi thinks a moment, as she takes the cake. "Thank you. She did not, and if Kate knew it before I was copied off I've misfiled that memory." A green line comes from her back, and ends in a small fork, which she uses to cut off a bit of the cake.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin - Kitchen]

"Well, the short of it is that Magtok killed me," Eric says, "but because he was trying... oh hells, I don't know why he did it, but he's the one that got me resurrected. Yog-sothoth, the being whom I was a starspawn of, decided he didn't like magtok, and so made me the embodiment of what he doesn't like; wolves and elves. So I was running around as a hybrid wolf elf girl for a while until Julie set things to right, with a few modifications." As he says that last part, he taps a horn and swishes his tail.

Wait, did his voice change for a moment there?

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

She and kitty aren't that different in that regard. She shrugs. "I don't see any use worrying about these sorts of things. It all sorts itself out eventually, you know?"

7. - Top - End - #337

"Alright, perfect I think. Now I'll take a few, and we'll change you back. One." Julie snaps the first picture and waits for it to preview.

"Two." *click* The second one likewise goes by without a hitch, the flash going off as she remembers to raise it this time.

"Three." *fwoosh* *click* Julie snaps her fingers behind her back, and Kate may find her vision obscured by a quick glare of flame that hovers around her for an instant before vanishing as Julie snaps the last of the three pictures. It's only after the fire is completely gone that what Julie fireported is readily apparent, since Kate is going to find the living room a whole lot breezier in the black strap bikini Julie tried to slip her into for the very last picture.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

{Under a Tree}

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "Hmm...I dunno. How does no sound?"
    "I'm not going to pay for a tour, I'd rather walk around and figure things out on my own."
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Lucy quickly shakes her head in response, clarifying with an apologetic tone.

"My apologies, my vernacular is much improper for these times. I was referring to the act of exploration, not to guided tours."

Smiling, again apologetic, Lucy's eyes brighten in realisation. Quizzically, the living-impaired nurse continues.

"The local coin is named Gold? Great heights, I did not even think of that. Luck be with me that I could pay at the Tavern with Dollars."
    Awww. Not even for... five gold? Vidalia gives her best sad eyes look. They take just about anything in this place. I just prefer the sound of gold coins. she says, giving up the puppy-look for a smile.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate looks down at herself, then up at Julie. She then shoots Julie a disapproving look and crosses her arms in front of her chest as she curls up a bit. "Julie... why? Just... why?"

Rowan Cabin - Kitchen

"Are you okay there, Eric?" that was kind of odd, the way his voice cracked. Copi eats a bit more coffee cake.

Main Cabin

"In my experience, they do not. They merely go into hiding."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-08-30 at 09:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"I dunno about. It's worked out for me pretty well so far." Kitty stretches experimentally. It's... a little better? She toys with the end of one of her tails.

11. - Top - End - #341

"Because you look damn sexy in that, and I wanted definitive proof. Now come on, I'll get you a bathrobe to put on and I can change you back while you're under it." Julie puts her camera back into her purse and heads for her bedroom where she keeps the clean robes.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin - Kitchen]

"Oh yeah, I'm fine," he says calmly, "This was quite a while back. Magtok's kept out of our lives pretty well altogether, so it's not like we've been having trouble, really."

13. - Top - End - #343
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

"If it ever stops working it will be an issue, I think. Many great people, or even great nations, have been brought down by issues they thought had fixed themselves."

Kate will get up and hurry, obviously considering this to be a marginal step up from nudity. Furthermore, outfits that accent her form at this point really drive home how wrong the body feels.

Rowan Cabin - Kitchen

"That's good. But you misunderstood my question; your voice cracked and I was wondering if there was a small issue with your throat. Anyway, I have met Prism. She's a very smart little girl."

Copi eats her coffee cake at a leisurely pace, enjoying it.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin - Kitchen]

"Oh. It did?" Eric blinks. he hadn't realized that, "Well, whatever it was seems to be gone now. I didn't even notice it" He then simply drinks some more milk.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Yuki frowns and shakes her head.

"I don't even remember it happening. I just remember walking through the woods."

Even waking up on the ground was a bit blurry. Frustrated her hands curl up into fists and she looks down at the ground.
    Quinn gently places her hand on Yuki's shoulder, and smiles softly. "I'm sorry. But it's possible I might be able to help them re-grow."

===

[Infirmary - Jamie]

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha's eyes widen and her mouth forms one of the largest smiles she's had to date. She gives a squeal of glee and jumps in place.

Obviously, she excited about this new development.

A little brother? That's awesome! What's his name? How old is he? Is he here? Can I see him?

At the question, Alysha seems confused for a brief moment. She looks down at herself, thinks, then snaps her fingers as she remembers.

That's right! I rented a room in Trog's so Yuki could take a shower and I could try to wash her clothes, which didn't work out that well, and I must have left my hoodie there!
    Jamie giggles a bit, then points to the deadtimed little red-haired boy next to her, stuck in semi-deadtime ooze. "That's Hadrian. He's pretty cool, for a boy." She sticks her tongue out playfully. "And oh, it just slipped your mind? But didn't you need it or something like that?"

'Cause, y'know, vampire.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #346
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Maple Cabin]

Lovely symbols...

Yes. Let's roll with that. Lovely evil symbols! I mean, bloody lovely, evil wholesome, and necrotic hygenic symbols! Heh heh heh! That's not maniac cackling! That's a typo.

But clowning aside, those lovely symbols are a double-edged sword.

Mystical power they freely dispense! But demons can come of them too. Demons that Valaira can control. Yet if someone else were to summon one...

Breakfast now! Bloody runes later!

"Do you want waffles, Zero? Waffles and bacon and eggs and pancakes and omelettes and french toast and ham and sausage and milk and orange juice and coffee! There's a place that sells breakfast food not far from here. I could teleport there and order take-out! And we could eat our meal outside in the sun with the cool morning breeze and the dew on the grass! It'd be fun!"

Valaira is excited about picnics! After being cooped up inside for so long, she'd gone stir-crazy and now she's contracted a severe case of...

((Muppet Treasure Island (1996) scene ahead if you follow the link!))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zero nods to Valaria and points over to a spot by the lake.

I'll meet you over there in a minute or two.

--

Meanwhile the plot clone of Zero nods to Sophie.

We'll be over at a spot near the lake in a couple minutes.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Infirmary - Jamie]

Alysha will smile at Hadrian for a moment, then shrug in response to Jamie's questions.

I've found that holding the Keyblade seems to keep me from getting hurt by the sun.

Which would explain why she's carrying it all the time now instead of leaving it wherever Keyblades go when they're not in use.

I mean, I'm still a little sensitive to it. Can't stay out too long. But, as long as I'm holding this, sunlight won't kill me. Which is weird, cause if I were to try to use a Cure spell through this on myself, I'd get hurt. She scratches her head a little as she looks at her weapon. Then shrugs. Oh well. I'm not gonna question it too much.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Main Cabin

"If it ever stops working it will be an issue, I think. Many great people, or even great nations, have been brought down by issues they thought had fixed themselves."
    [Main Cabin]

"Maybe, but I can't go around worrying about things. I'd drive myself crazy. I'm better off just worrying about the present if I want to worry about anything." Like the weirdness that's happening to Kitty now. That's something worth worrying a little about.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post

Quinn gently places her hand on Yuki's shoulder, and smiles softly. "I'm sorry. But it's possible I might be able to help them re-grow."
    "Re-Grow?"

She seems confused and looks a bit worried that something is wrong with her. She doesn't remember having wings. She just remembers the incredible pain in her back.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary - Jamie]

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Infirmary - Jamie][/B]
    Alysha will smile at Hadrian for a moment, then shrug in response to Jamie's questions.

I've found that holding the Keyblade seems to keep me from getting hurt by the sun.

Which would explain why she's carrying it all the time now instead of leaving it wherever Keyblades go when they're not in use.

I mean, I'm still a little sensitive to it. Can't stay out too long. But, as long as I'm holding this, sunlight won't kill me. Which is weird, cause if I were to try to use a Cure spell through this on myself, I'd get hurt. She scratches her head a little as she looks at her weapon. Then shrugs. Oh well. I'm not gonna question it too much.
    "Hey, that's a good thing!" Jamie grins, and goes to give Alysha a hug. "And yeah, best not to look the gift horse in the mouth. But still, it's really cool! So, what have you been up to anyway - smiting evil and stuff?"

===

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "Re-Grow?"

She seems confused and looks a bit worried that something is wrong with her. She doesn't remember having wings. She just remembers the incredible pain in her back.
    Quinn nods. "I could try a Restoration spell. If you wanted, that is. If you don't, that's fine."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #351
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"I'm sorry, but what are we regrowing?"

She has all her legs and arms, she double checks her toes and fingers really quick just to make sure they are still there. And the restoration spell might very well work, though it would probably feel very strange having the wings grow back.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Under a Tree}

Awww. Not even for... five gold? Vidalia gives her best sad eyes look. They take just about anything in this place. I just prefer the sound of gold coins. she says, giving up the puppy-look for a smile.
    [Under a Tree]

Lucy shakes her head in apology. Searching the pockets of the old nurse uniform, Lucy tries to comfort the gold-loving vine-person.

"I am afraid gold coins were few in Columbia, and I have very little as is. I wish I could help."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Main Cabin

That's a fairly good point, but Justin lived in an underground den of thieves for sixteen years, and in a city with limited water resources for another year and a half before coming to Nexus. Learning to swim would be almost impossible. Maybe he'll stop beating around the bush with his back story and tell Brand that, rather than unloading another pile of horse-"I always figured I would know what to do instinctively. You're born knowing how to walk, even if you can't actually do it. I figure it would work for swimming too."...crap.
    "It does for most creatures. Dogs and horses and rabbits and all sorts of animals seem to know how to swim without being taught. But halflings don't have that instinct, and I don't think human do either."

"We don't," Missy confirms. "Most homonid shaped creatures don't." Marsh goblins being a notable exception.

"What's a homma-nid?" Jefferies asks.

"It means a person or animal who has two arm and two legs,"
    says Missy to Jefferies. "How many of the people here don't know how to swim, I wonder?" she says to Brand. "Maybe it would be a good idea to set up formal swimming lessons, for kids and adults alike."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #354

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Under a Tree}

Under a Tree
    "I'm not going to pay you to show me around GLoG."

It would be a waste of money!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #355

Main Cabin

"As far as this room is concerned, just me," Justin says, "and is there anyone at GLoG who can swim well enough to teach a whole class?" And maybe lifeguard.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

"I'll have to ask around the larger camp," Brand says. "The children especially."

"I'm a good swimmer, but I've never taught before today," Missy says, ruffling Jefferies hair. "And we were just playing with floaties, so I don't think that counts. If there's enough demand for a class though, I'm sure I can find someone at Remnant who is qualified."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #357

Main Cabin

"Living at GLoG should probably come with swimming lessons, or at least a safety course. You do live next to a lake," Justin says.

"Remnant? You work for the military-police? What's that like?" He's managed to avoid Remnant for the most part. This would be his first conversation with a member he's aware of.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Yup! We is from the tribe of Remnants!" Jefferies says proudly. "Missy is a Remnant and Daddy is a Remnant and Master Chief and me is Remnants too, accept we can't be soldiers till we grow up."

"I've been a soldier in service of the city for ten years. It's a tough job, but it has its rewards,"
    Missy says with a smile down at Jefferies.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"Maybe, but I can't go around worrying about things. I'd drive myself crazy. I'm better off just worrying about the present if I want to worry about anything." Like the weirdness that's happening to Kitty now. That's something worth worrying a little about.
    "True enough, true enough. Well, let us hope that some insight into your issue comes forward, as opposed to continued urges that do not cooperate with your body."

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

[Under a Tree]

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Lucy shakes her head in apology. Searching the pockets of the old nurse uniform, Lucy tries to comfort the gold-loving vine-person.

"I am afraid gold coins were few in Columbia, and I have very little as is. I wish I could help."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "I'm not going to pay you to show me around GLoG."
    It would be a waste of money!
    Vidalia frowns at Bill. You're mean.

Then turns to smile at Lucy, stepping right up to be next to the undead nurse. But I like you. she says, attempting to caress Lucy's left cheek with her index finger. For you, I'll give a free tour.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody