New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Good day was good today. A toys R us opened around the corner from my house... and they had blind bags as well as the gen4 sets. So for 15 dollars i now have Twilight, Rainbow dash, Gilda, Lyra and Surprise! Now i just have to wait for the next gen to get Luna and Trixie.
    *grumble*grumble*stupid blindbags never seem to appear over here*moan*gripe*complain*

Glaar. First pass at table for Jalyrkieons and Cybertanks for the Worlds in a couple of weeks. That took freaking ages.

Trouble is, I, as usual, am probably trying to be far too clever, so I'll actually need to go and double-check the amount of hex terrain and physically count all the pieces of the various types, because, if my current records from last year are not 100% accurate, I will have to do some serious redesign as - for once - there's no room for play; the map is THAT CLOSE.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-09-25 at 05:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeesh I come back from school and you guys have already started a new thread
    In the arena of logic I fight UNARMED!!!

Current Avatar by zimmerwald1915
    Former Avatars by the amazing Dirtytabs
    Former avatar 1

Former Avatar 2

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrnivorousMeece View Post
    You didn't see the Lich wondering over the weekend why ponythread was so quiet?

We've slowed down.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post

We've slowed down.
    While that is true I believe that we were on page 47 or so yesterday and now we're on to the next thread
    In the arena of logic I fight UNARMED!!!

Current Avatar by zimmerwald1915
    Former Avatars by the amazing Dirtytabs
    Former avatar 1

Former Avatar 2

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

While that is true I believe that we were on page 47 or so yesterday and now we're on to the next thread
    Ehh generally something of a push to finish off ponythreads. I was surprised it took as long as it did.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Banned

[QUOTE=Pokonic;13956266]

We've slowed down.
    It seems we cannot please everyone, darling.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

Hey, Soras, how i that whole being a changeling thing working out for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    What Party of One suggests is that Pinkie Pie does start acting irrationally when she starts feeling like she's losing her friends. It's a sign of mental dependence and instability. The story writers simply extrapolate from that, suggesting that, were Pinkie to go an extended period of time in her unhinged state, she might begin committing more serious irrational acts, potentially up to and including those depicted in Cupcakes.

This is flawed reasoning because extended mental illness obviously does not always lead to murder, but people get uncomfortable with mental illness in general and tend to extrapolate incorrectly, so it's not surprising.
    It should be noted that cupcakes and it's ilk predate Party of One, by a large enoug margin that this justificatoion doen't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Season 3, being a short season, will most likely have a late start and plenty of intermission weeks where old pony episodes are shown instead. Just to drag out what normally would have been a 26 eps season. My guess anyway.
    Oh man, I hope not!

Oh! and we still haven't found a frame to put that Starbucks pony up in, but Braz is still looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I *could* agree with you had canon didn't added fuel to flames by first showing CreepyPie (Green Isn't Your Color), then CrazyPie (Party of One), then ChaosPie (The Return of Harmony), then DemonPie (The Last Roundup).

As it is, well...
    A self defeating argument.
    Either Pinkie Pie is just a very expressive pony, who isn't actually assuming mystic properties with every personality shift, or;
    Pinkie Pie is an example of cartoonish exageration, and cannot be taken factually when she does these things.

Also, what' so horriying about stopping time?

If so, either Twilight is so mad (vide - S2) that Cupcakes cannot be said to be implausible, or inner mind workings of ponies are so alien to us that... Cupcakes cannot be said to be implausible
    Pinkie Pie doesn't exist, therefor cupcakes CANNOT happen; it is written from Rainbow Dash's point of view, and she would be able to tell if Pinkie were actually psycho Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I considered that theory myself, but in her spa appearences you can see Fluttershy reacting to Pinkie Pie's sudden emergence, which would indicate that Pinkie Pie was really popping up out of nowhere.
    Or that a frustrated psycho Twilight launched sponges into the air randomly and telekinetically, which would, being about as obtrusive as her own shadow, startrle Fluttershy.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I'll just leave this here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Woah, cool!

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    mmm, new thread smell.
    Hi Friend! Saw you post last thread, but wasn't sure if it was a one time thing or not, given our pace.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I's in class now. Am I allowed to respond/bring up things from the last few pages from the previous thread? There was a few things I meant to respond to, but I was preoccupied.

Also, finally watched the last episode of the first season. So I've finally watched all of the first season. I'll probably stay up and watch the second season as well.
    cool cool.

The opening point was that Equestria can never be dark and it can't be done at all.
    ... No it wasn't.

We were. And we have been going about three pages a day, except for that one day where it took us 24 hours to go a page and Blakebane wondereed if we were okay.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-09-25 at 06:49 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Back in my day we had ponythreads that lasted 3 months and we liked it! We walked to the Winter Wrap Up uphill, in the snow, both ways! Now get off my lawn!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Of course you may
    Yay!

Because they did not embody any of the Elements themselves, Celestia and Luna had to purify themselves physically and spiritually in anticipation of their use. Braces were an inevitable and necessary step towards the first entombment of Discord and the establishment of the rule of harmony.
    ... what, so messed up teeth make Discord stronger? Is he in league with the cavity creeps or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Colgate: And that, children, is how dentistry saved Equestria!
    You got me in trouble for class for laughing and disrupting the peace.

We've slowed down.
    You guys don't satisfy anyone. "Too fast, too slow, too fast, too slow!"

... darn it, I imagined that in Rarity's Whinny Voice...

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Fund it. Also, cute Chyrsalis plush is cute!

Yay, Season Two!!
    Hey, your Avatar Changed! And yeah, I'll give the new seasons a try, what the hell.

I'll respond to the rest of your comment in just a bit, BlasTech. My School Day is almost over, so I've only got a bit of time to finish before driving, since I can't communicate while driving.

My FINAL FLASH Wall of Text is almost finished Charging being written.

... writing a response/paper is so much more epic when you imagine theme music to it.

Actually, it's taking a bit longer than I had expected....
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-25 at 07:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *grumble*grumble*stupid blindbags never seem to appear over here*moan*gripe*complain*
    I sympathize; I have to drive a good half-hour to find the one store that might carry blind bags, and both times I've tried they haven't had any.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Dad, what's an OC?

Don't worry your little head, DB.

Anyway, Boffie, let's see that serum. I'll see if I can't round up some villagers volunteers to test it.
    Serum? Oh, it's nothing so primitive as that. You see, I've encapsulated the retrovirus in heat-resistant spores which I can slip into either sugar or flour, thus allowing me to deliver it via baked good.
    On totally unrelated note, I'd like you to have these cupcakes I baked for you. *portals basket of baked goods to Dive Bomb*
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Hi Friend! Saw you post last thread, but wasn't sure if it was a one time thing or not, given our pace.
    Nah, I'll be around.

... what, so messed up teeth make Discord stronger? Is he in league with the cavity creeps or something?
    Him in Chrysalis. He's snaggle-toothed, and Chrysalis' hooves are full of cavities.

Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2012-09-25 at 06:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

13. - Top - End - #43
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Topaz' Traditionally Tardy List of Pony tabletop RPGs:

Further contributions and updates welcome!
    Well, this'd be nice to have in the OP.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Also, finally watched the last episode of the first season. So I've finally watched all of the first season. I'll probably stay up and watch the second season as well.
    Have fun! I'm curious to see which season you'll enjoy more.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Ponizen, what do you mean you don't keep your teeth in perfect ORDER?

Seriously, emoticons need 20% more Iron Hoof.

Well, this'd be nice to have in the OP.
    You know, it would be nice if people IMed/mailed suggestions to me instead of just posting in the thread, but I'll see what I can do... :<
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

New EFR interview is up. Brenda Crichlow, voice of Zecora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bPrVVDb5g

17. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Back in my day we had ponythreads that lasted 3 months and we liked it! We walked to the Winter Wrap Up uphill, in the snow, both ways! Now get off my lawn!
    *shakes* YOU LET BERRY ANN OUT OF THAT DUNGEON THIS VERY INSTANT!
    OR FEED HER SOMETHING THAT ISN'T APPLES, YOU FIEND!

[FONT="Courier New"]
    You know, it would be nice if people IMed/mailed suggestions to me instead of just posting in the thread, but I'll see what I can do... :<
    It would be nice if the person who absolutely refuses to let anyone else start a thread kept up with the thread, too.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Firbolg in the Playground

Nah, I'll be around.

Him in Chrysalis. He's snaggle-toothed, and Chrysalis' hooves are full of cavities.

Also, Nightmare Moon helps little colts and fillies get cavities on Nightmare Night! It's all coming together!

Serum? Oh, it's nothing so primitive as that. You see, I've encapsulated the retrovirus in heat-resistant spores which I can slip into either sugar or flour, thus allowing me to deliver it via baked good.
    On totally unrelated note, I'd like you to have these cupcakes I baked for you. *portals basket of baked goods to Dive Bomb*

....I think I might have gotten a basket like that, too. But me and Glory have sworn off anything not Ghoul-Scout sold (Try Lawful Lemon, Chaotic Chip, and Evil Ecrusted today!), so we just tossed it for Silent and his kid to nibble on.

Wait, whats that sound? I think its reality displacing itself. You know, like when we use that food-heating dohicky.

Huh, let me go check....

Charnel?

Spoiler
    Show

I understand now, the secrets of the dead and gone! With the power of my weak fool of a.....sire at my command, and the power of onyx flame, Equestria shall be blasted into a ashen waste where my throne shall be mortered from the blackened bones of all that dare to draw breath in my domain!

And then, the Huggening.

Oh, roadapples it......

.....it aged her. Oh Nightmare, she's not supposed to be this powerful this....

Buck it. Won't miss you twits. Infernia's condo, here I go!

Wait for me!
    "pop, followed by a eldrich horror ripping a hole in reality"
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-09-25 at 07:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    New EFR interview is up. Brenda Crichlow, voice of Zecora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bPrVVDb5g
    Heh, the music they play at the beginning actually sounds like it could be on NPR.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

20. - Top - End - #50

*Crawls into thread behind heat shield.*

Crap guys, I've got ANOTHER (groan) story idea, and not only that but I have a certain plot point that I need to figure out, but there's a problem.

It involves a wedding. With Pinkie and some other colt I can't figure out yet.

That's what I ask, if Pinkie must be shipped, than with whom? Better yet, could there perhaps be a better idea than a wedding? HELP. THEIDEAWON'TLEAVEMYHEADWHYWON'TITLEEEEEEEAAAAAVVVV VVVEEEEEE.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post

Crap guys, I've got ANOTHER (groan) story idea, and not only that but I have a certain plot point that I need to figure out, but there's a problem.

That's what I ask, if Pinkie must be shipped, than with whom? Better yet, could there perhaps be a better idea than a wedding? HELP. THEIDEAWON'TLEAVEMYHEADWHYWON'TITLEEEEEEEAAAAAVVVV VVVEEEEEE.
    Pokey Pierce.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, Nightmare Moon helps little colts and fillies get cavities on Nightmare Night! It's all coming together!
    Actually, wouldn't her demanding candy tribute from them tend to prevent them from getting cavities?

....I think I might have gotten a basket like that, too. But me and Glory have sworn off anything not Ghoul-Scout sold (Try Lawful Lemon, Chaotic Chip, and Evil Ecrusted today!), so we just tossed it for Silent and his kid to nibble on.

Wait, whats that sound? I think its reality displacing itself. You know, like when we use that food-heating dohicky.

Huh, let me go check....

Charnel?

Spoiler
    Show

I understand now, the secrets of the dead and gone! With the power of my weak fool of a.....sire at my command, and the power of onyx flame, Equestria shall be blasted into a ashen waste where my throne shall be mortered from the blackened bones of all that dare to draw breath in my domain!

And then, the Huggening.

Oh, roadapples it......

.....it aged her. Oh Nightmare, she's not supposed to be this powerful this....

Buck it. Won't miss you twits. Infernia's condo, here I go!

Wait for me!
    "pop, followed by a eldrich horror ripping a hole in reality"
    My Little Roleplay: Yep, It's Back
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...Boffinspark, just what the Tartarus did you put in those cupcakes?
    Don't worry, that was failed batch #167. The physical restructuring works fine, but the genetic programming for the mental alterations hadn't been perfected. The increase in IQ comes with a total shorting out of magical abilities, after which the subject is rendered about as magical as a common earth pony. The meltdown should be observable in the subject as a massive migraine headache in about 3...2...1...
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

So that would make Twilight into Timmy the Tooth?

On the origin of alicorn OCs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blunt, put the highly suspicious baked goods on the counter, and then go see if you can't round up some volunteers. Tell them it's free muffins; we don't want any smart alicorns in our base...

As you wish, DB.

Hey, you made muffins! *nomnom*

What?

Boffinspark, for your sake I hope this works. Go lie down, dear, we'll talk about this in the morning.

My head hurts...

In the morning, it'll all make sense.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post

PinkieDash is OTP!

All else is the purest of heresy.
    Pray that your shield holds, infidel.

That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Every time someone presses the quote button on one of my posts I steal a very small part of their soul.

I have a Tumblr now. So that's cool.

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    PinkieDash is OTP!

All else is the purest of heresy.

That is all.
    Didn't we just have this discussion? Like five pages ago?

Twinkie! Flutterdash! Raripants! SweetieSpike! AppleSoar! I choose you!
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

ALL PAIRINGS NOT ATTESTED TO BY LAWFUL MARRIAGE UNDER EQUESTRIAN LAW ARE CONTRARY TO THE WILL OF HER IN CANTERLOT.

SHIPPING IS HERESY. REPORT ALL INSTANCES TO LOCAL IMPERIAL AUTHORITIES. FAILURE TO REPORT HERESY IS ITSELF HERETICAL

CELESTIA PROTECTS.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Go go gadget shipping pairs:

Sparklejack, Flutterdash, Appledash, Pinkiedash, Dashydash, Sinkdash, Shippingdash I choose you!

Poor Rarity is unloved.

(I'm just kidding, Rarijack and Raripants go!)

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    I don't need gods, I have AIRSHIPS.

Spoiler
    Show
    Could yourshields withstand this much firepower? This is only a nearly unnoticeable speck of my full armada.
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-09-25 at 08:55 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    Pokey Pierce.
    Seconded.
    Actually, wouldn't her demanding candy tribute from them tend to prevent them from getting cavities?
    You would think that, but there would still be exess candy...

My Little Roleplay: Yep, It's Back
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...Boffinspark, just what the Tartarus did you put in those cupcakes?
    Don't worry, that was failed batch #167. The physical restructuring works fine, but the genetic programming for the mental alterations hadn't been perfected. The increase in IQ comes with a total shorting out of magical abilities, after which the subject is rendered about as magical as a common earth pony. The meltdown should be observable in the subject as a massive migraine headache in about 3...2...1...
    My Little Roleplay:New Name, Same Friendly Service
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Elsewere, in a tastefuly decorated condo in the plane of fire"

So, realy, Scions of Darkness? Are we trying to start a cult or a crappy band?

Why not both.....kidding. No, realy, why not? I mean, we have the Ghoul Scouts as new base, and we have a few cells reinstablished around in a few old hubs, so why not make if offical? What could possibly go wrong?

Huh...wait, look at the screen!

"In Equestria"

Dance,my puppets!
    Spoiler
    Show

"Elsewhere"

......Oh sweet me.

Oh Nightmare are those......shoot, she's raiding Manehattan, is'nt she? Wait, what is she-

"In Equestria"

Haha-waitwhatsthafeeeeeliiiinnnnggggg.......

gurgle.

F'largath.

U'ytine Rwelve! F'huis Dusn!

Spoiler
    Show

.....Magnificent.

"Last switch, I swear"

.....OH S-

Nightcore, I am going to ask nicely, what horrible timeline did you get that kid from and why does she have a good amount of my powers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

So, Colgate/Minuette is both Dentist/Timepony who saved Equestria in the distant past?

Princess Platinum, it all makes sense now! :<
    Well, said background pony does have two main interpretations; Colgate the Dental-Pony or Romana the Timelord Pony.
    It does, indeed, make perfect sense.

Straightening your teeth via dentistry is an imposition of order upon natural disorder. In this case, it would almost be like a ritual thing, taking the spirit of Order into yourself as protection against Discord.

Following that logic, imposing Pony-control on things could act as a way of weakening Discord, insulating Ponyfolk and their land from his predations.
    Say, by severing the natural cycles of the weather and putting Ponies in active control of it instead...

On the subject of the Marriage of Pinkie-Pie;
    As I have no idea of the context, or themes you're trying to evoke, I can't really suggest an alternative event as such.
    However, I would suggest sticking to existing characters for the possibles if nothing else. That doesn't leave you with many colts to pick between, whether that's a problem or not is your call as you are the one who's going to be writing this. If you aren't bothered by who she's paired with because the wedding is what's important rather than who it's to, I would suggest instead going with whatever the most widely supported Pinkie-Ship is.