Tired N' Drowzy

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Phantom of the Opera Werewolf - Game Thread

Dirk Kris...

4. - Top - End - #244

What's with all the pointing at Dirk Kris? is it a random bandwagon or am I missing something? (wouldn't be the first time I missed something completely obvious if that's the case)

5. - Top - End - #245

I'm really still clueless. No contacts, no nothing.

Since I don't want to be a tool and follow the big bandwagon, I'll jump the smaller one.

That Tired N' Drowzy fellow seems awfully suspicious... Always claiming to be a clueless villager and such, and being so negative towards the beginning...
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

6. - Top - End - #246

End of Day 7

As the remaining members of the slowly group together on the stage, they begin to have a discusion.
    "Maybe that toasty is an agent of the phantom." "No, it would have Dirk Kris, after all, my logic hasn't lead us wrong yet." "Perhaps you are right."
    "]"But why me? I haven't done anything."
    "There is no miztake, here. Out with you!"
    As Dirk Kris leaves the Opera House, Darkcomet begins to laugh. "Ha haha, hahahaha HAHA HAHAHAH!!!!! You fools were so easily lead!"
    "Uh, oh. I think we made a mistake."
    "Yes, you did. You followed me and my logic, and it has lead you to the point of no return."
    "Whatz do we doz?"
    "We run for it!"
    The few remaining cast members run for the doors, leaving DC, the Phantom standing on the stage with Shadowcaller.
    "Well, Madam Giry, are you not leaving too?"
    "I would like my daughter back, Erik."
    "But of course. I have no need to keep her prisoner. "
    "So, what will you do now?"
    "Wait, those fools will rally their courage, and then my opera will be preformed. And then, all the loose ends will be tied. Farewell, Madam Giry, may we meet again soon." As the cast members reach the Phantom shouts out a single word as the chandelier falls.
    "GOOOO!!!!!!"

End of Game: The Phantom has triumphed. Madam Giry, also wins.

List of players and roles:
    1-Reinholdt - Firmin
    2-Murska - shadow
    3-RabbitHoleLost - André
    4-Night Surgeon- Raoul
    5-Gnomish Wanderer - cast
    6-happyturtle - Christine Daaé
    7-Shadowcaller - Madam giry
    8-Dirk Kris - police
    9-Aemoh - member of the cast
    10-PhantomFox- Meg Giry
    11-Fleeing Coward - red death
    12-Tired N' Drowzy
    13-Crimmy
    14-Noir_Cat - cast
    15-Jontom Xire - Carlotta
    16-Zar Peter - cast
    17-D_Lord - cast
    18-Fostire - cast
    19-Helgraf - shadow
    20-Darkcomet - The Phantom
    21-EagleWiz- cast
    22-Icewalker - police
    23-pondshadow - police
    24-Talic - shadow
    25-Toasty - Head of Fire

Trophies will be up when I get them. And here is a parting gift from me, a few questions.Another version of the song.

1. How did you like the game?
    2. What did you think of the narrations?
    3. Did the narrator(s) do a good job?
    4. Was the game balanced?
    5. Any complaints?
    6. Would you play again?
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2009-05-02 at 12:12 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground

I told you guys so. I was right, he was too good at it. It wasn't bad, ThePhantom did a ok job, and It seemed fairly banched just the people wouldn't go for the right ones. And yes I would play again.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

That went as smoothly as expected.

The little I got to play, was great. A wolf role for once, a great team and lots of behind-the-scenes intrigue.

I hate to admit I didn't read them very carefully after I died but they seemed good.

No complaints.

I'd say the rules were quite balanced, maybe one Shadow too many, maybe not, but what imbalanced the game for the wolves was the whole thing with baner and seer dying on nights 1 and 2. *cough* totally not my fault *cough*

5. Any complaints?
    Would have wanted to play for longer.

6. Would you play again?
    Indeed, if as nothing else than a first-day lynchee.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

9. - Top - End - #249

1. It was alright. I have to admit that I'm really competitive, and love to win, so I'm generally more critical of the games that I don't win in... Though I definitely had fun. The villager roles are a little boring, but the few times I did post creatively were fun. The narrations were pretty entertaining, too.

2. As I said above, the narrations were amusing. I think you did an excellent job.

3. ... OK, these questions always seem to pop up just as I answer them. Yes. You did fine.

4. I think the Alpha seemed pretty overpowered, and some of the village rules were a little on the dim side. Not only is the seer counterparted with a fool, but there's also the alpha to worry about, as well as the fact that, even if you get the phantom, there's still the shadows to worry about, one of which resumes the alpha role. I would definitely, in the future, consider another villager role, an improvement on an existing one, or a couple of reduced shadows. I'm probably only feeling this way due to the awful luck we had early-on, though.

5. Not really, aside from the early deaths. Perhaps the balance was a little off, but it wasn't too bad.

6. If the rules are tweaked a little in favor of the villagers, yeah.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord View Post
    I told you guys so. I was right, he was too good at it. It wasn't bad, ThePhantom did a ok job, and It seemed fairly banched just the people wouldn't go for the right ones. And yes I would play again.
    Too good? I did all my research without my wolf list. It led to a problem once when I almost outed the Phantom. But it kept me so far removed that I stayed safe.

I chose a few different tactics this game. Rather than argue for the unlikely occurance (xxx is a wolf), I argued for the easily proven one (xxx is not a wolf). This has 2 advantages for wolves, and 1 for villagers.

1) It's more often than not right. This averts suspicion. Plus, the villagers that you protect develop a repoir with you, and are less likely to vote for you, or support bandwagons.

2) You dont have to out wolves to avoid suspicion (wolf advantage only).

No, what really sealed it, was the Xanatos Speed Chess I was playing in the background.

Every time someone acted in a way I didn't expect, I found a way to turn it to my advantage.

Shadow contacted a wolf earlier, when Fleeing was on the chopping block. That was passed around, so we all knew who he was.

When I made my first point on my own? I chose to hit him to pressure him. I wanted to see if the good guys would lynch him. Well, unfortunately, he got dirt on us. He scried the phantom. Then PM'd me, revealing his role.

As a good villager, I couldn't take that at face value (even though, as a wolf, I could). So I told him I'd take another look (I wasn't). I simultaneously sent a message to Fostire (who I knew to be a villager of some sort), saying Shadow claimed Giry to me, but if he didn't reveal the role, he couldn't be trusted as a neutral seer.

Same time? I was trying to get the identity of the Phantom from Shadow (if he'd given it, I'd have tried to get him night-killed). He didn't. But he did reveal his role, foiling the setup with fostire. So I change my point again. Meanwhile, Shadow is prodding the phantom for information. I suggest we misinform him as to the number of wolves left, and less than 10 minutes later, I have my fake number (3, when there were really 4) in my mailbox. So I know not to trust him... yet.

Then we get the "you're useless to us" message... Suggesting townies force the wolves to kill Shadow. At this point, I ask comet to pass on to shadow that we don't want to kill him. But if we know he's helping townies, we'll have to. However, if he helps us, we will not kill him. As he's revealed himself to the phantom, all he needs is survival, and, since villagers won't kill him, we can promise him that... If he scries for us.

Other wolves had similar gambits going on (Murska was MAGNIFICENT). But I stayed alive by making my accusers look suspicious... By maintaining the impression of a clear, logical head, and well-measured reasons. Even when D died? Nobody suspected me, because he was so thoroughly guilty looking.

EDIT:
    1. How did you like the game? I loved it. One of my favorite plays/shows. Well executed.

2. What did you think of the narrations? Cleverly done. Good narration brings these games to life... and there was good narration.

3. Did the narrator(s) do a good job? Yup. A couple rules weren't clearly laid out (such as Giry's scry can see through Alpha "villager" protection), but all in all, very nice.

4. Was the game balanced? The baner/seer dying right off, in exhange for a wolf, unbalanced the game. That's damning. I wouldn't say 1 less wolf. But one more mason maybe.

5. Any complaints? It's over.

6. Would you play again? Give me a sign up sheet, and I'm in.

EDIT 2:
    @Murska: Day 2 Lynchee, technically.
    Last edited by Talic; 2009-05-02 at 12:49 AM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sure to be day-1 in the next game.

And, almost forgot, congratulations to the wolf team but especially to Talic, who played a wonderful game.

EDIT: Incidentally, the page for Xanatos Speed Chess has this quote:
    Anybody who has ever played the group strategy game mafia/werewolf as a bad guy has had to attempt this. A detailed original plan NEVER goes off without problems.
    So, Talic. How does it feel to be a Chessmaster?
    Last edited by Murska; 2009-05-02 at 01:13 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I'm sure to be day-1 in the next game.

And, almost forgot, congratulations to the wolf team but especially to Talic, who played a wonderful game.
    Great, now I'm doomed next game.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, all I did was get Happy almost lynched, convince her to share that she has a powerrole, force her to claim in-thread, get NS to claim Baner, get NS in touch with Happy, get NS to bane Happy and then kill NS, while also getting Shadowcaller to claim Neutral Seer in the meanwhile. My plan failed at the spot of 'Get Happy lynched the following day, convince everyone it wasn't my fault, proceed to survive.' but I guess even I have limits to my abilities.

Yes, I'm totally bragging. No, it's not to save Talic from an early lynch next time. I just have a giant ego.
    Last edited by Murska; 2009-05-02 at 09:51 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Banned

That's an impressive list, but you put your comms over a recordable media.

Granted, your death gave me a window to build street cred by defending Happy (thanks to those who paranoided her), so it served a purpose.

Another mason towards the end would have made things problematic, as masons need to be kept under the number of wolves... Or the wolves lose every time. When all that's left is masons and wolves, the information war is over. Whoever has more numbers wins. Which means, if the wolves haven't won by that point, they've lost.

Edit: Chessmaster? I prefer to think of myself as a...Umm... This.

I put myself right into the thick of things, every time. Good or bad.
    Last edited by Talic; 2009-05-02 at 01:34 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255

Nicely done Talic. That was a great job finishing off what Murska started. Don't think you could have lead those villager around much better than you did.

Loved it. Got abit careless due to my role but everything worked out fine in the end.

Liked the narrations. Fitted in perfectly with the whole theme.

Yep. Kept to the schedule nd the narrations themself were pretty good too.

Maybe one too many shadow but other than that I think it's pretty balanced.
    Villagers were just the victim of a series of unfortunate events - Happy been up for lynch day 1, Night Surgeon deciding to trust Murska when it would have been best to keep quiet and even when I overplayed my wolf claims, we got lucky in hitting the lovers because I considered Reinholdt a threat.
    Noone really suspecting Talic despite the fact that the wolves didn't bother to kill him when he was the only person trying to use "logic" pretty much topped off an almost perfect game for us.

5. Any complaints?
    Nope

6. Would you play again?
    Definately.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2009-05-02 at 01:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Noone really suspecting the fact that Talic despite the fact that the wolves didn't bother to kill him when he was the only person trying to use "logic" pretty much topped off an almost perfect game for us.
    Shhh! don't reveal the one flaw in my defense!

Granted, D_Lord was a diversion, as he tried to lynch me for 2 days. But when he was shown to be a wolf, the real question that begged asking... The one D_Lord DIDN'T ask...

Was...Why?

Why, despite my effective defense of villagers, was the only person to try to bandwagon me a villager?

Why did Fleeing Coward go for Reinholdt, when I was clearly being much more active in my defense?

What people needed to see when I was doing what I did? It wasn't what was happening. It was what WASN'T happening.

...and it's much easier to conceal things that aren't happening. D_Lord was half right. It wasn't that I was too good. It was that I was too good... and still alive, with little opposition.
    Last edited by Talic; 2009-05-02 at 01:43 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257

Quote Originally Posted by Talic View Post
    Shhh! don't reveal the one flaw in my defense!

Granted, D_Lord was a diversion, as he tried to lynch me for 2 days. But when he was shown to be a wolf, the real question that begged asking... The one D_Lord DIDN'T ask...

Was...Why?

Why, despite my effective defense of villagers, was the only person to try to bandwagon me a villager?
    Because after me you weren't on a single bandwagon that was correct. No reason to bandwagon a villager that's always wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Talic
    Why did Fleeing Coward go for Reinholdt, when I was clearly being much more active in my defense?
    The wolves obviously scried him as a lover.

Quote Originally Posted by Talic
    What people needed to see when I was doing what I did? It wasn't what was happening. It was what WASN'T happening.

...and it's much easier to conceal things that aren't happening. D_Lord was half right. It wasn't that I was too good. It was that I was too good... and still alive, with little opposition.
    We were obviously waiting to use all those wrong results against you so we can lynch you the night we win
    Sorry, I'm just bored
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

18. - Top - End - #258

Whereas I just sat in the shadows, got JX to claim Fool, and handed him over two days later.

Talic and Murska did the real work. I just sat back and kept my points the way I'd have dropped them if I was a villager - which, of course, meant I pointed at teammates occasionally.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Banned

Helgraf gets my vote for the best quiet wolf.

And fleeing? The issue wasn't that they didn't bandwagon a villager that was wrong repeatedly... It's that they KEPT FOLLOWING one.

Wolves would have jumped on those wrong wagons to start a lynch, unless I was one.

20. - Top - End - #260

It could also be argued that as long as you kept getting it wrong, there's no reason for wolves to accuse you even if you were a villager.
    They might have just been waiting until you actually accused a wolf before they point out that you were repeatedly wrong and bandwagoned against you.
    Just saying that there's a potential defence against every accusation. Just a matter of how much the villagers are willing to swallow before they stop believing you
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Banned

There's always a potential defense. But the point is to bring it up, so the defense can be made. It's not outright guilty, but it is a suspicious sign.

And incidentally... Wolves would have tried to hit me right when I had comet in the crosshairs. Not that most villagers would have known that.

However, that's another point. I have a damning, well-reasoned argument against darkcomet... and then it disappears. Nothing else. Not even a public mention of his name.

and in private, when I listed him as one of my 3 suspects (along with shadow and eagle), but never acted on it??? Never mentioned him at all?

Granted, the day I would have (the last day, as the others in my list were exonerated through public claim or dead through lynch), I had my "break down", wherein I doubt my abilities... And then jump on the first non-wolf vote made, even a cancelled one. And everyone, so hesitant to vote after my little breakdown... Nobody wanted to be the first. Made it even easier.

The good guys need to be more aggressive as the game goes on, not less.
    Last edited by Talic; 2009-05-02 at 03:03 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Very fun. I loved being the Devil and scrying people.

Honestly? I didn't read them.

I suppose you did. You posted regularly, so that was really nice.

Like everyone else said the Wolves did a very good job getting the baner and seer really fast. So that kinda screwed over everyone else.

5. Any complaints?

I never scryed a single mason. :p

6. Would you play again?

Sure. Why not?

23. - Top - End - #263

Intresting game...

As others already said, a bit too many wolves, especially since there was a beast in the game.

I managed to stay alive, I noticed some problems in the wolves structure with DC saying that Talic forgot his role and all. I was hoping for a villager victory but with the baners death's that was a hopeless dream after I had revealed myself to Murska (he didn't really have anything to do with that.)

But I belived to the end of the game that Talic was a villager actually, I never even scried him.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Banned

And that was my goal.

The only defense I had against being uncovered was to never be scried.

I think that the wolves size would have been easily mitigated by adding a mason or two. Would have also made it harder for us to fool everyone, and made the wolves easier to catch as the game went on.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

I'm still annoyed that you forgot I was even on the team while I was the friggin' Alpha.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

26. - Top - End - #266
    Banned

You were quiet!

Besides, I spun it to our advantage. Victory forgives a lot.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talic View Post
    You were quiet!

Besides, I spun it to our advantage. Victory forgives a lot.
    Well, so was Helgraf.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

28. - Top - End - #268
    Banned

Yeah, and I didn't notice him at first either. After that blunder, I checked any post I made against a wolf list, lol.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Hey, all I did was convince Happy to share that she has a powerrole, get her almost lynched so she has to claim Seer, get NS to claim Baner, get NS in touch with Happy, get NS to bane Happy and then kill NS, while also getting Shadowcaller to claim Neutral Seer in the meanwhile. My plan failed at the spot of 'Get Happy lynched the following day, convince everyone it wasn't my fault, proceed to survive.' but I guess even I have limits to my abilities.

Yes, I'm totally bragging. No, it's not to save Talic from an early lynch next time. I just have a giant ego.
    I dispute the order of events. I never suggested I had a powerrole until *after* I was up for lynch.

I'm a bit annoyed at Team Good for not catching Talic though. His repeated suggestion that I was bluffing when I claimed fool should have been enough to get him lynched, as there was no possible way it was beneficial to the villagers to say that publicly. I didn't really think the bluff would work (and I knew it never would have once I was dead and found out Darkcomet was the alpha), but Talic never should have survived after he pointed out it was probably a bluff. And wouldn't have if I'd been a villager bystander instead of ded.

But grats to the wolves. Well played.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

I dispute the order of events. I never suggested I had a powerrole until *after* I was up for lynch.

I'm a bit annoyed at Team Good for not catching Talic though. His repeated suggestion that I was bluffing when I claimed fool should have been enough to get him lynched, as there was no possible way it was beneficial to the villagers to say that publicly. I didn't really think the bluff would work (and I knew it never would have once I was dead and found out Darkcomet was the alpha), but Talic never should have survived after he pointed out it was probably a bluff. And wouldn't have if I'd been a villager bystander instead of ded.

But grats to the wolves. Well played.
    Ayup, sorry. I'll fix that.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show