New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC)

Apex of The World-Helfarch & Ulric

Ulric stared, transfixed at what was happening to the dwarves below. Helfarch barely looked. Growing increasingly convinced that making a bow out of stone was the worst idea he ever had.

"... I need better materials."

"Aren't you seeing this?"

"Of course."

"And?"

The Pursuer stood, abandoning the project and popping his back, "He's within his rights. I'm not going to intervene."

Ulric shook his head, "Just, seems cruel, a god killing mortals."

"Get used to it."

"..."

"Gods aren't perfect, we're closer than mortals, but we rage, gnash our teeth, just as beasts. Maybe that'll change as we age. But in this case I'm just annoyed that the dwarves pissed him off."

"oh?"

"I was just thinking that First Tree has great material for a bow."

"... you're mad."

"Maybe if I ask him nicely..."

"You're serious aren't you?"

"I just need a branch~"

"Please stop talking."
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Taramonde, Cassandra - The First Tree

"Quiet yourself fool. Do you truly wish to draw his ire on this day, of all days?" For all that she is a mischievous spirit, Cassandra knows how close they are to the Pulse of the Forge, where even now Pernieth rests. "Your implied accusations are baseless. My lord has done nothing to upset your cycle. Do you begrudge the dragons their centuries of life? Do you claim that they break the cycle because they live longer than the dwarvish scum? No. My people's lives are measured in millennium. Just as the dragons protect their own, so shall we. We ask only that our people are treated with the same respect as every other race. To allow them to grow, and thrive, and not be destroyed without due consideration." Cassandra's face is flush with anger.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kyre - Erebus
    Weakened from the first centuries of creation, Kyre retreated deeper into Erebus. Death left the keepers on watch at the borders, their numbers ever growing. It drew the shroud of darkness around its shoulders and walked back to the heart of the plane, the citadel. It created in the citadel a throne of shadows on which to rest. It allowed the keepers easy access to it, lest another god come calling and Kyre be unaware. It gathered back its strength as the others created more and more life. Life that died and came to Erebus. Kyre's plane became more and more populated as the others created. It smiled, realizing the others were unaware of the souls it had given to all creatures. Unaware that Death was the master of all souls. And so Kyre waited in the deepest shadows.

Spoiler
    Show

1 AP
    1+3 AP Rollover
    4-2 Gain Portfolio: Darkness(Darkness)
    2 AP Remaining
    Last edited by Deadlykire; 2015-02-05 at 09:55 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Taramonde, Cassandra - The First Tree

Cassandra laughs. It is a harsh, derisive laughter. "Racist." Cassandra spits the word. The tree closes up the wounds made by the beetles, crushing them within its bark. This is Pernieth's land, his domain. Before him, all the petty actions of Taramonde are meaningless. "You claim that my people are less than humanity? That they have less of a right to live? You think because your fleshy pets can walk and talk and die before the suns ever set and rise that they are worth more? Your people pass three generations before one of mine is fully grown. We talk, we feel, we live. And your people take from us EVERYTHING because they believe it is their right, and they kill when they need only borrow."

"All the trees on this world come from my Mother, whose body you stand on, and who bears your insults because she hopes that you will realize the folly of your ways. If you wish, she can withdraw that gift. You may have your lands, free of her children. But your people will burn in the suns and freeze in the snows. They will scratch at the dirt with bloodied hands for want of wood to make tools because of YOUR IDIOCY."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

The Warrior in Gold

Deimos, newly realized as the Demigod of Courage, stepped deeper into the bowels of the earth. A natural cave near the south end of Demiourgia had intrigued him, and thus he had entered. Down here, most mortal eyes were useless, save those of underground races. However, Deimos's eye was not mortal, and the tiny red star that burned within his eye socket allowed him to see perfectly. The walls glittered with veins of raw metal of dozens of different shades. Deimos studied each one, finding them all lacking one trait or another. One was too soft, another too brittle. Finally, Deimos exhausted his options. None of the metals within the cavern fit his standards.

Deimos sat upon a small boulder in the centre of the cavern, and began to think. He contemplated for a moment, and then stood. Gathering his strength, he took metal from three veins. Using his power, he melted then down and mixed them together. With his mind, he moulded the metal into the shapes he wished. The first lump of alloy was shaped into a long blade, long enough to warrant wielding it in two hands, but short enough to reasonably be held in one. The second piece, he shaped into a disc, nearly two feet across. It was shaped perfectly to deflect incoming blows when strapped to the forearm. The third lump of metal, easily the largest, was split into several pieces. Each piece was shaped to fit onto his body and allow him to retain mobility even with the weight of the armour slowing him.

Appraising each piece, Deimos tore a strip of hide from his clothing. Light enveloped the animal hide, transforming it into several finely cured and fitted straps of leather. Affixing the straps to the shield, he tore a long, thin strip off of his shirt. This too, was transformed into leather. Deimos wrapped it around the handle of his new sword, ensuring he had a good grip. To the bottom of the hilt, Deimos affixes a small, perfectly spherical stone. The Sword complete, Deimos removed his clothing and transformed it into the basis of a harness to affix his armour to. Moments later, all the plates were attached, and Deimos donned his hauberk. He swung his blade a few times, and hefted his shield. "I am ready." He said.

Deimos turned, and stepped out of the cavern...

Taramonde, Cassandra, Deimos - The First Tree

... and onto the branches of the First Tree.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-02-05 at 07:28 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra, Taramonde, Deimos - The First Tree

"My people feed from the earth itself. We are nourished by the sun. If your weak flesh-lings died tomorrow, we would continue for a thousand thousand years without noticing the change. Do not presume to speak of my folk as though you knew them. We are the inheritors of this world far more than your creatures. We were here before you, and long after you are gone, we will remain. Until your precious 'humans' arrived, there was balance between the trees and the animals. Now, there is none, and you lay claim to that which was never yours." Cassandra nods to Deimos as he appears. "Forgive me Lord Deimos for not receiving you better, but this one has invaded our domain making outlandish claims of ownership over the children of the First Tree. Pernieth awaits at the Pulse of the Forest should you desire to speak with him."

Spoiler: AP
    Show

2AP: Create Player Race - Trees. Every tree on every continent is born of the First Tree. They live, breathe, grow and die, though all of those things happen orders of magnitude slower than the other races. Still, they are the First Tree's children. (Because without making them a PC race, people seem to be treating them like our trees, which is ridiculous, because they aren't, and never have been. So I'll pay the AP for it)

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Burning Lands

And so did Pernieth send his message to the Dwarves, however his rampage had caught the attention of another being, one who was actually present to hear Zalsaram's roar and who was seeking his brother in order to chastise him. And the creature was so outraged at this slaughter that he completely forgot the complaint that he was about to bring to his brother. Acting foolishly may be one thing, but this was nothing but cold blooded murder. Dragons may be creatures of honor and creation... but the duty given by the Cosmic Mother made them guardians above else.

In his moment of rage, Bahamut would have loved nothing more than to unleash his full wrath upon the creature who had dared lay hands on the innocent Dwarfs. However that moment passes and the King of Dragons calms himself down as he begins to consider his choices. There was no doubt in the Dragon's mind that he could seek justice for the slain Dwarfs himself... but that would not allow for this young race to become stronger. No... there must be another way. For such an enemy, a subtle approach would work better.

Surtur,
    the Dwarven lands

As Surtur is minding his own business a group of Dwarfs approach their King. They seem to be leading a strange looking Dwarf that radiates an aura of pure power. The Dwarf bows humbly before Surtur "Strength and Valor to you and your Kin, King of the Dwarfs. I beg for but a moment of your time to discuss of a matter of most important with you."
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-02-05 at 07:58 PM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra, Taramonde, Deimos - The First Tree

Deimos frowns, shaking his head. His armour glitters in the light of the dream sun shining up through the branches as he looks to Taramonde. "What is your quarrel with Pernieth? Surely you would respect his right to protect his children, even if they are on another land. Would you not do the same for your children should they be endangered here?"

The King of Dust folds his arms, his sword sheathed and his shield strapped to his back. "Speak up, please. Without clarity, no agreement can be reached. And I assure you that brute force cannot solve a dispute such as this in any meaningful way."
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-02-05 at 07:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ignus
    The Burning Lands

Ignus steps away from them, and into her room within the tower of her temple.

She sits, contemplating for a moment what must next be done.

She stares around, her panoramic view unimpeded, though green things have begun to grow, then die by immolation on the edges of her island, where fire rages.

She sends her people to clear away the green things, and the things not born of fire from her shores.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-05 at 07:53 PM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra, Deimos, the Shepard - The First Tree

"The point of their creation is irrelevant. They are our children. From the moment Pernieth came into this world, the trees became more than simple plants. They think and feel. If you prick them, do they not bleed? If you wrong them, shall we not revenge? You invoke a god whose permission has already been given. He does not hinder, nor does he help. That is all Pernieth requires of him, all that is needed. You speak of fire as though it were the bane of our existence. We grow. We change. We adapt. We Survive. Your people were given a warning. A mercy, given their crime. Respect the forests, and they will provide. Just as they respect the animals. I ask you now, Shepard, and answer me plain. Do you think my people are worth less than your own? Will you not give my children the respect they are owed when they sacrifice their bodies for others?" Cassandra's eyes glow with anger, but she is unafraid. Her lord lies just beyond the glade, and any action taken against her, even by this mewling coward, would be an act of war that would consume everything.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

The Shepherd, Deimos, Cassandra - The First Tree

Deimos steps between Cassandra and the Shepherd, hand on the hilt of his sword. "Enough!" He barks sternly, uncharacteristic of him, as far as Cassandra knew. "If a human killed a human simply to make a tool from his bones, would you punish him?" He says, facing the Shepherd.

12. - Top - End - #162

Ignus
    The Burning Lands

Ignus steps into the first floor of her temple, and shaped a ring of perfect obsidian. A ring of flawless black glass. she carves delicately into the ring a series of symbols, runes. As she has done before to accomplish other tasks.

She pokes the empty center of the ring, and in it forms an image of another place, seemingly an exact replica of this one.

Spoiler
    Show
    2AP, 5-3
    3 AP: Create Plane
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inner (transitive) Plane (Fire)
    Coterminous Coexistent: The Blasted Lands, First Floor of the Temple of Ignus.

Coterminous Planes: Planes that touch at specific points are coterminous. Where they touch, a connection exists, and travelers can leave one reality behind and enter the other.
    Coexistent Planes: If a link between two planes can be created at any point, the two planes are coexistent. These planes overlap each other completely. A coexistent plane can be reached from anywhere on the plane it overlaps. When moving on a coexistent plane, it is often possible to see into or interact with the plane it coexists with.

Good-Aligned
    Enhanced Magic [Fire]
    Enhanced Magic [Light]
    Enhanced Magic [Conjuration (Healing)]
    Impeded Magic [Necromancy]
    Impeded Magic [Cold]
    Impeded Magic [Water]
    Impeded Magic [Darkness Effects]

Physical Traits: Layer 1 & 2: Prime Material.
    Layer 3 & 4: No water.
    Layer 5 & 6: No shadows, or coolness, no cold spots.
    Layer 7: Perfect Fire, Deepfire. Truefire. The fire than burns other flames.

Gravity: Natural (The appropriate gravitational pull for whatever type of creature is visiting, individually. A cripple can fly.

Timeless: Aging, hunger, thirst. These do not exist here, otherwise time continues to flow normally.

Self-Contained: This plane, and all of it's subsequent layers are the same size, and all are spherical.

Infinite: The layers of this plane have no limits below or above.

Layered: The surface is closest to the prime material plane, each layer farther from it, having less prime material friendly traits. Seven Layers, Each hotter, and more primal than the last. On the first layer things appear much the same as on the prime material plane. On the seventh layer, the fires that exist are capable even of burning other flames and there is only fire, light and heat. One reaches each layer by finding a portal ring, such as the one found in the Burning Lands.

First and Second Layer:

Alterable Morphic: Tangible effort is capable of altering this plane.

Minor positive-dominant plane is a riotous explosion of life in all its forms. Colors are brighter, fires are hotter, noises are louder, and sensations are more intense as a result of the positive energy swirling through the plane. All individuals in a positive-dominant plane gain fast healing 2 as an extraordinary ability.

Below the second layer: Unprotected wood, paper, cloth, and other flammable materials catch fire almost immediately, and those wearing unprotected flammable clothing catch on fire. In addition, individuals take 3d10 points of fire damage every round they are on a fire-dominant plane. Creatures of the water subtype are extremely uncomfortable on fire-dominant planes. Those that are made of water take double damage each round.

Fire-Dominant: Planes with this trait are composed of flames that continually burn without consuming their fuel source. Fire-dominant planes are extremely hostile to Material Plane creatures, and those without resistance or immunity to fire are soon immolated.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-05 at 08:39 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Zalsaram

So much noise.

The World rumbles its spirits into a march, out to convene with those upon Zalsaram.

The Burning Lands

Fires kin to Ignus erupted upon her shores, sheltered in the murky waters and black rocks of the depths, molten and steaming sons and daughters of Zalsaram.

"Divine sssissster, we ssseek audience in the name of the World."

-------

The First Tree

Murk and mud came to the shores of Pernieth's domain as a great tide, a primal son of The World, elder to The Shepherd and even to Zalsaram's firstborn Mezzethera. A cumbrous thing rises with the barest hint of shape to address the gods for Zalsaram.

"The World'sss name... Used in vain... Brings his attentionsss... To you."

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    0 AP - Mark of the Chosen: His name is the sound of crashing waves on the shore, sand being upturned by currents and saltwater foam. To mortals and those who cannot speak the tongue of the elements he is Tidal, the Wave. Primal Elemental of Water. Harbinger of Zalsaram.
    Last edited by Draken; 2015-02-06 at 11:57 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra, The Wave Dude, Deimos, Taramonde-Shepherd - The First Tree

Cassandra merely points at the dead pile of bones. It was not her voice that uttered the name.

Back in the glade, Pernieth rumbles. Too many entities in a land that saw only the smallest of creatures. He looks at the Taramonde-Shepherd, then points to Deimos and the waiting question. "Answer." he says slowly as his massive form moves from the glade to the grouping of entities. He picks up Cassandra and sets her on his shoulder. She lays down along his shoulder and promptly closes her eyes for a nap. If she seems worried or annoyed about the Shepherd's gross mistreatment, it doesn't show.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-02-05 at 09:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

Apex of The World- Helfarch & Ulric

"This is getting bad... it's bad right?"

Helfarch looked up from his project in the process of fusing the disparate stones together with divine heat.

"It's bad, it also doesn't concern us."

"But..."

"I doubt either are going to commit genocide if that's what you fear... and finished." He held up the newly crafted bow, onyx, basalt, granite, all manner of stone and jewel were used in its carving, the effects were striking.

"Wow, wasn't sure you could do that..."

The Pursuer smiled and stood, looking over the edge of the mountain he muttered. Now for the string." Then he saw a goat bounding near the bottom, "That'll do."

Before the words even reached Ulric, Helfarch was upon the goat. Before the poor creature could bleat, Helfarch snapped its neck. The death was painless. "Gods boss."

Ulric settled beside him and began to nibble on the carcass as Helfarch dug into the creature with an obsidian knife. Taking a bit of hide he strung his bow and began to pull the string taught.

Before the bow bent at all, the string snapped. "Tough bow." Ulric commented swallowing a bit of goat flesh.

Helfarch frowned, "How could I have been so foolish? A bow of such virtue could not be bound by a common hide."

He looked at the goat, and frowned, it was only a goat, but if he had thought for a moment... reaching out he snapped off a horn and fastened it to his belt. "Souvenir?"

"A reminder, now, I need something that could be a string something..."

He remembered the dwarven metal. Whatever god had taught them that, surely had sufficient skill to make a string to suit a god. He studied the aura around the smiths, they surely were operating on borrowed knowledge, just as his bowyers among the humans. He studied their aura for a moment, it didn't take him long to identify the divine influence and its source.

He surveyed the horizon, before he saw a field of burning sand. "Try to keep up."

"Huh?" Ulric barely muttered before Helfarch took off. "Dammit boss I was eating!"

With supernatural speed the Eagle followed his lord, a single piece of flesh cradled in his talons. The goat, was left for those living things with a need, but this first kill remained in the god's heart, he swore not to be so careless ever again.

The Burning Lands- Helfarch and Ulric

At the edge of the burning lands the Pursuer came to a stop. Ulric followed shortly after.

"Boss, you really need to work on your communication skills." He settled on the god's shoulder and began to munch on the morsel he had managed to sequester before being forced to follow his master on this mad dash across ocean and field. "I'm not a young bird anymore y'know, I can't just go full tilt like that with no warning."

"Perhaps I do, but in my defense the only two beings I've interacted with are a slovenly bird and my twin sister."

"Slovenly?! See if any other bird's willing to put up with your ****, I dare you!" Helfarch grinned but didn't speak to his friend, instead he spoke to the divine presence he felt within the burning lands.

"Hear me tamer of metal, my name is Helfarch, I seek permission to enter your lands so that we may meet face to face."

He didn't even raise his voice, there was little need to do so with another god, he simply willed for her to hear his words and feel his sincerity. And then, he saw fire erupt along the shore, "Of course if this is a bad time I can wait..."

"Just so long as we do something that's not navel gazing." "Shush."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

16. - Top - End - #166

Ignus
    The Burning Lands

Ignus turns from staring at the second world with a small smile, at hearing two people calling her.

First her attention to the one waiting at the shores (unknown to her, with a bird) "If you will please make your way to the temple, I will be with you shortly."

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Zalsaram

So much noise.

The World rumbles its spirits into a march, out to convene with those upon Zalsaram.

The Burning Lands

Fires kin to Ignus erupted upon her shores, sheltered in the murky waters and black rocks of the depths, molten and steaming sons and daughters of Zalsaram.

"Divine sssissster, we ssseek audience in the name of the World."
    Ignus steps to the area, though quite far from the ledge.
    "Hello. Would you care for something to devour? Come away from there before you fall in and are snuffed."
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-05 at 09:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground

It sits. It laughs. The darkness shudders with the laughter, male and female, all the more haunting as a result. The keepers have brought word of new creatures arriving at the gates of Erebus. Trees. Trees being killed en mass. Erebus begins to buck wildly as Kyre's laughter grows. Death gathers the souls of the dead in silence on the world, but in joyous tones in its home.

Spoiler
    Show

2 AP
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168

The Burning Lands- Helfarch & Ulric

"Of course, apologies for the trouble."

Helfarch went through the Burning Lands, traveling at what he considered an invigorating jog, he'd still be at the temple in a matter of moments.

"Geesh," Ulric moaned, "Mid-Summer must be murder here."

"It is a bit warm."

"Boss, that confrontation back there, you know the dwarf god got it worse..."

"I know."

"If the human god's that pissed..."

Helfarch frowned, he hadn't told Ulric, but he felt something between him and the god of the trees, something more than just a fellow deity, it was like what he had felt standing in his father's citadel, next to his twin.

"It's his mess, his problem. There's at least one god who'd stop it from going far enough to do irreparable harm." He came to a stop before the temple, and tapped his boot on the ground, leaving the name unspoken. He was glad his ears were nearly as good as his eyes.

Studying the temple, he wondered if it'd be too presumptuous to simply enter, before entering anyway. She had bid him to make his way here after all and he was by nature a curious being.

"Don't shit on anything."

"I promise nothing."

Helfarch glowered at the eagle, who guffawed in response.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    Ignus
    The Burning Lands

Ignus turns from staring at the second world with a small smile, at hearing two people calling her.

First her attention to the one waiting at the shores (unknown to her, with a bird) "If you will please make your way to the temple, I will be with you shortly."

Ignus steps to the area, though quite far from the ledge.
    "Hello. Would you care for something to devour? Come away from there before you fall in and are snuffed."
    "We need not consume, sister. Nor will the waters snuff us. We are of Zalsaram, the elements stand united, not in opposition."

The two still come closer to Ignus.

"The World senses upheaval upon Its surface. Conflict that rouses it from its musings. Do you know anything about that, sister?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #170

"We need not consume, sister. Nor will the waters snuff us. We are of Zalsaram, the elements stand united, not in opposition."

The two still come closer to Ignus.

"The World senses upheaval upon Its surface. Conflict that rouses it from its musings. Do you know anything about that, sister?"
    Ignus tilts her head slightly, a ponderous expression on her face. "I have not been paying much attention to what happens elsewhere." Her gaze shifts from one to the other, "Conflict is not my interest, only the Fire of Creation. I know not of this... Zalsaram of which you speak. But it does sound similar to the name of the one that spawned me, long before I grew into understanding, and took this form." She smiles softly, "It's name was Zalsar, but that is all I remember from before I rose from the pit."

She frowns, her emotions obviously mercurial, as is her mood. "What conflict is this?"

She shifts the other Elementals of whatever kinds they may be (Earth, Air, Water and Fire) that rose up from within the pit to her newly created world. One without such troubles, where they can be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    The Burning Lands- Helfarch & Ulric

"Of course, apologies for the trouble."

Helfarch went through the Burning Lands, traveling at what he considered an invigorating jog, he'd still be at the temple in a matter of moments.

"Geesh," Ulric moaned, "Mid-Summer must be murder here."

"It is a bit warm."

"Boss, that confrontation back there, you know the dwarf god got it worse..."

"I know."

"If the human god's that pissed..."

Helfarch frowned, he hadn't told Ulric, but he felt something between him and the god of the trees, something more than just a fellow deity, it was like what he had felt standing in his father's citadel, next to his twin.

"It's his mess, his problem. There's at least one god who'd stop it from going far enough to do irreparable harm." He came to a stop before the temple, and tapped his boot on the ground, leaving the name unspoken. He was glad his ears were nearly as good as his eyes.

Studying the temple, he wondered if it'd be too presumptuous to simply enter, before entering anyway. She had bid him to make his way here after all and he was by nature a curious being.

"Don't shit on anything."

"I promise nothing."

Helfarch glowered at the eagle, who guffawed in response.
    The temple is a huge glass-steel spire, it's crystaline construction colored by the heat which gave it birth, and visible from the shores. Even as it rests in the center of the island. A great shining beacon the bathes the lands around it in light, even in the night, though then it's radiance is but a dull and soothing orange glow, still the light pierces beyond the shores.

The spire itself is many meters wide at the base. A v-shaped channel runs up around the outside in a spiral to the top where a flame rests within a conical room. The channel filled with the same fire as burns within the apex.

Within the temple is a large circular room of two levels. On the main level of the first floor, in the center is an Anvil surrounded by a circular hearth. Obviously this is the alter. Glass-steel seating, cushioned by solid flames which give off no warmth, only light circle the alter. Half way between the rear of the temple and the alter stands a large obsidian ring intricately carved in detail and with runes running along it's exterior and interior. It appears to have been carved in quarters, each fourth of the ring designed to represent one of the four elements. Water, Earth, Air and Fire.

The section representing water seems almost amorphic, never settling into a specific texture.
    The section representing air seems to ripple at the slightest disturbance within the room.
    The section representing Earth stands firm, and stolid, it's decoration looking much like a mountain range.
    The section representing fire glows with an unearthly light, and fires seem to dance within it.

Within the circumference of the ring lies a physical opening to another world, though it appears much the same as the world in which you now stand. Though the Temple is again visible on the horizon from within the temple where you currently reside.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-06 at 12:53 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Pernieth picks up the dead foreman. A single tendril worms its way under his skin, rapidly multiplying, until the dwarf seemed green, for all his fleshy insides had been replaced, the vines within barely contained by his skin. Pernieth looks at the simulacrum of the dwarf, sets it down, and says only "Tell." The reanimated dwarf would wander back towards its tribe to deliver Pernieth's ultimatum. The woods were to be respected, or he would return.
    News of the attack and the Green Dwarf spreads quickly. Many of the dwarves retreat farther underground, going into the tunnels carved into the flesh of the world by natural processes and their kobold kin. Others heed the words of the Green Dwarf and begin to follow him, calling on their brethren to respect the woods, and take only what they need. They cite Ikino's ancient promise to Taramonde and the Shepherd, that those who followed Ikino would not take more than living world could bear. Surely the trees deserved the same respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    As Surtur is minding his own business a group of Dwarfs approach their King. They seem to be leading a strange looking Dwarf that radiates an aura of pure power. The Dwarf bows humbly before Surtur "Strength and Valor to you and your Kin, King of the Dwarfs. I beg for but a moment of your time to discuss of a matter of most important with you."
    Surtur looks up from his work. He had nearly mastered all the crafts of the genasi, and made a few improvement upon them. This obelisk was to be his final project before returning to lead his people. The monument marked the bond between the dwarves and genasi, black marble and gold declaring the ties. Surtur had taught those that worked beside him the art of letters, and the skill was slowly spreading among the fire-people.

"Speak. I will call upon Ikino, so that he may grant me the wisdom to give good counsel."
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth - The Pulse of the Forest

Pernieth watches his green dwarf closely, to see how these creatures will respond. He is surprised at their willingness to change their ways, and resolves that soon, should they continue to heed his warning, he will reward them for their faith. But first, this matter on his homeland must be dealt with.

Spoiler
    Show
    2-0=2
    Mark the Chosen: the Green Dwarf - no longer a dwarf in the true sense, the Green Dwarf moves through dwarves society and spreads Pernieth's word of taking only what is required from nature, and to respect her children.

Pernieth, The Avatar, Deimos

With the Shepherd silent, Pernieth turns to the elemental messanger of Zalsaram. "Message?" he asks of the creature. Pernieth nods to Deimos in greeting, noting the new weapons on the other's back.

23. - Top - End - #173

The Burning Lands
    The City of Ravenglass
    The Genasi generally ignore his attempts to 'Enlighten' them with written words. He disregards the Runes which make such things sacred.

He isn't like them, and such an attitude unfortunately proves it to them. However similar he may be... look at the materials he works with. Look at his... 'hair', his eyes, his skin... where is the light within his mouth? Obviously he is soulless.

They continue to be polite, and amicable hosts however. Even if he is a rude and ignorant soulless savage. If Ignus allows him to remain, then he is allowed to remain.

((Am adding the influence of the dreams of war, which they prefer to being under water.))
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-06 at 10:32 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    Ignus tilts her head slightly, a ponderous expression on her face. "I have not been paying much attention to what happens elsewhere." Her gaze shifts from one to the other, "Conflict is not my interest, only the Fire of Creation. I know not of this... Zalsaram of which you speak. But it does sound similar to the name of the one that spawned me, long before I grew into understanding, and took this form." She smiles softly, "It's name was Zalsar, but that is all I remember from before I rose from the pit."

She frowns, her emotions obviously mercurial, as is her mood. "What conflict is this?"

She shifts the other Elementals of whatever kinds they may be (Earth, Air, Water and Fire) that rose up from within the pit to her newly created world. One without such troubles, where they can be safe.
    There is no purity in these elementals. They are steam, mud, magma and dust, slime, smoke, ice and fog, and things in greater flux still. A form of lava speaks to Ignus, earth and fire with hints of metal.

"Great Zalsaram came forth from the corpse of old Zalsar. Theirs are the same spark and the same mind, but they are not the same. One was The World until it was wronged and the other is it now, wronged nonetheless."

"As for the conflict we thought you would know. Small and feral are our kin who crawl forth from the Abyss and they cannot say much. We came forth at The World's Will for it is a complex affair for it to gaze upon its brow."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Omen Tower, Blood Praetor, Dream of Deimos, and Eucle.

What do Omen demons do? They spread and collect omens - prophetic dreams that are neither fantasy or nightmare - dreams that are not individual, they are collective, shared dreams shared by peoples. They are demons of impersonal dreams.

And so far those dreams had been of war and murder.

And yet, omens change. Dwarves, Dragons, Humans - mortal races were being born and with them they brought with them previously imagined concepts. There had always been need. There has always been desire. There has always been want and envy and even greed. But there was no wealth.

To imagine that there would be a marker for that desire, that need, a marker that could be exchanged, hoarded, used, traded, lost and stolen. That required a mortal mind. A mortal dream.

And thus a new omen was born - all mortals began to dream of rocks in the ground. Rocks that shined. Rocks that glistened. Sparkled.

And all these dreams, borne by the currents of the Sleepless Ocean flocked towards the Omen Tower which is the focal point for all dreams such as this. The Sleepless Citadel was covered in Nightmare and the Halls of the Ornate Beast were infested with Fancy, but here - here was where collective consciousness gathered.

The dreams took the appearance of jewels with wakes of gold. Most of the dreamers were dragons, and their dreams took the form of massive hoards of this gold - in the water they looked like schools of sharks.

The dreams began to spin around the tower until they became a great maelstrom. The top of the tower was even exposed to the surface for the first time due to the force of the whirlpool of dreams of wealth.

It was a curious and important sight. The dream of the hero god Deimos was strongly drawn to it. It dream Deimos was a gigantic dragon - Bahmut's and Tiamat's equal. He was strong of body, wing and tooth. The whirlpool with its draconic heritage spoke to him - it spoke for the need to understand hid people. His dream began to swim towards it. . . his people . . . dragons. . . .

And the dream was torn apart, for a God's dream was still a dream. Elsewhere Deimos wakes from his brief Daymare - the memory of which was nothing more than a slight unpleasantness.

However, while just a dream, still had the essence of a god. This essence was swept up into the maelstrom, but was not devoured. Instead it itself ravaged the whirlpool. It took into itself all that want, desire, greed, need - it took into itself all those dreams of gold and value. It became the dream of wealth, and then it became a god.

The maelstrom had died down and the tower's top as below the surface again, but only slightly below. The Sleepless Ocean was calm once again.

On the top of the tower woke a dragon the color of mud and earth. In its skin was every jewel and gem that could have been and will have been conceived.

And thus Eucle, born of the dreams of mortals and the torn dream of Deimos' stolen dragon form, was born - Lord of Wealth.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 7
    Pestilence AP 1- All mortals alongside dreaming of War and peace beneath the waves, now dream also of buried gold, silver and gemstones.
    AP 6

26. - Top - End - #176

There is no purity in these elementals. They are steam, mud, magma and dust, slime, smoke, ice and fog, and things in greater flux still. A form of lava speaks to Ignus, earth and fire with hints of metal.

"Great Zalsaram came forth from the corpse of old Zalsar. Theirs are the same spark and the same mind, but they are not the same. One was The World until it was wronged and the other is it now, wronged nonetheless."

"As for the conflict we thought you would know. Small and feral are our kin who crawl forth from the Abyss and they cannot say much. We came forth at The World's Will for it is a complex affair for it to gaze upon its brow."
    Her eyes open slightly. "Ah, there is perhaps one thing. My children have been having strange dreams... Dreams of devouring each others' fire. Dreams of wreaking havoc. Of extinguishing other lives. It cannot be a natural influence, I did not make them to dream such things." She gestures towards those that dwell within Ravenglass.

"I had not thought much on it, to be honest. They are like me, yet not. I do not understand them in entirety. The do odd things in my name, such as the drawing of my runes. Which they treat as... holy."
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-06 at 02:28 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

The First Tree

Murk and mud came to the shores of Pernieth's domain as a great tide, a primal son of The World, elder to The Shepherd and even to Zalsaram's firstborn Mezzethera. A cumbrous thing rises with the barest hint of shape to address the gods for Zalsaram.

"The World'sss name... Used in vain... Brings his attentionsss... To you."

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    0 AP - Mark of the Chosen: His name is the sound of crashing waves on the shore, sand being upturned by currents and saltwater foam. To mortals and those who cannot speak the tongue of the elements he is Tidal, the Wave. Primal Elemental of Water. Harbinger of Zalsaram.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Pernieth, The Avatar, Deimos

With the Shepherd silent, Pernieth turns to the elemental messanger of Zalsaram. "Message?" he asks of the creature. Pernieth nods to Deimos in greeting, noting the new weapons on the other's back.
    Deimos eyes the Shepherd warily, turning to face the Primal Elemental of Water."Who's attentions?" He asks, his hand still on the hilt of his sword. "Are you saying the world is alive?"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth, Deimos, Primal Elemental

Pernieth points to himself. "Speaks", then points to the elemental, then downwards, as if towards the world itself. "Speaks". He says once more, with a pointed look. Already the Shepherd faded away, now all that was left was to deal with the speaker for Zalsaram.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-02-06 at 03:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Omen Tower, Blood Praetor, and Eucle.

With every bite with every gorged dream with every eaten psyche Eucle strengthens. His shape little more than an empty figment at first becomes full and defined. His dragon form is filled with the dreams of the dreamers like a jar filled with water. With every drop a scale thickens in his body, his hues changing fast among the irised gems. Soon he is full. But he eats further.

The waking lord of Wealth continues downing dreams till he becomes bloated. Beyond the point of being able to take more into himself he keeps eating. He is after all Wealth, and all Wealth is He. Filled to the brim dreams of gold sliver through his mouth when he roars.

His roar is a crude thing, a sound of unsated hunger, that promises treasures to those that listen. Like a trumpet on a snow peak it produces an avalanche. Shining dreams of riches spiral towards the newborn god who fills himself even further.

He fills himself so much and so fast that he ends throwing up the partly diggested dreams. Like a red dragon breathing fire or a silver dragon breathing ice the Wealth Dragon breathes Wealth dreams. It is a mesmerizing concerto of metallic hues and colored sparkles. Dreams that have been touched by him and by each other. Dreams that promise riches only imaginable in the dreamland leave Eucle as his brith is concluded.

The owners of those dreams all share a vision. A vision of desires and means to acquire them. For some such as dragons it is gold, for others such as demons it is souls, yet others wish a boat to sail the seas or a pickaxe to dig the ground. They learn how to covet those things, how to acquire those things and how to keep them.

As the dreams inside him are devoured he coalesces them into a concept. An idea capable of sating the desires and dreams of everything he ate. In his paw it takes the form of a small black cauldron, but to any other who sees it it would be brimming with their heart's desire of whoever sees it.

Eucle then shapes some creatures in his image, giving them his hunger for wealth and linking their minds and spirits to his godly essence. This creatures will walk Zalsaram's back as mites and fleas eating its wealth and sending it back to Eucle to redistribute.

Once that is done, and most dreams have been spirited away from the waking God, Eucle looks around. His mind still getting used to the material world. With his eyes closed he searches for the purest and strongest among his creatures and enlightens it. Knowing his followers he reaches for his cauldron, using it to pike their material desires.

Satisfied with that he decides to observe and learn as his followers preach his word.

Spoiler
    Show
    15 AP
    15 - 1 Create concept: Eucle creates the concept of money as a way of showing/counting wealth, be it material money (such as golden coins) or more esoteric coinage (such as unborn first child soul) is within the concept.
    14 - 1 Teach Populace: Eucle teaches those whose dreams he has gorged on and then thrown up how to trade, how to apply taxes, how to use interests, loans and other economic tools. By doing this he intends to give them an edge when it comes to acquiring wealth over their peers.
    13 - 2 Create Organization: The Syndicate Eucle creates a church/mafia/trading company containing those whose dreams he touched, and whose dreams helped giving him form. This is a pan-racial organization. Associated PrC: Merchant Prince.
    11 - 3 Create Artifact (Utility: Nourishment): Vault of Plenty Eucle's belly is filled with partly digested dreams of wealth by coalescing those and giving them the form of a black cauldron he can use it to pour precious wealth over the land.

8 - 2 Create Populace (Rust Monsters, Annihilators): Eucle has created this creatures to act as a way to control the riches and the economy in the world. He has also linked their consuming touch to his power being able to redistribute whatever this creatures destroy.

6 - 0 Mark the Chosen: Eucle marks the first Annihilator with a great mind for the economy and a greater body. Taking the name of Oxid this dragon sized Annhilator rules the The Syndicate with unrivaled cunning and material destroying antennae.

6 - 0 Nourishment (Use Vault of Plenty): Bless the world making it more plentiful in rich metals so economy can be kick started.

6 AP remaining
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Space Lawyer View Post

Surtur looks up from his work. He had nearly mastered all the crafts of the genasi, and made a few improvement upon them. This obelisk was to be his final project before returning to lead his people. The monument marked the bond between the dwarves and genasi, black marble and gold declaring the ties. Surtur had taught those that worked beside him the art of letters, and the skill was slowly spreading among the fire-people.

"Speak. I will call upon Ikino, so that he may grant me the wisdom to give good counsel."
    The Dwarf nods his head in approval "There can be no doubt that your race is destined for great things, already you can count yourselves blessed. However with this greatness, adversity will come. Some will be jealous of your blessings, others will simply be pushed by their desire to destroy. There are great evils... ancient evils dwelling deep within the earth, and on the surface as well. Are you and your Kin prepared to face them?"
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."