New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Medieval Werewolf I

Quote Originally Posted by razovor View Post
    Completely forgot to use my night action. I've been letting myself get too distracted by other games.
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why we are getting nothing done in this game. Could you at least answer Sapo's question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente
    And how exactly did you figure out that the third potion baned people?
    And I'm finally not voided/silenced, so GnomeGninjas at deadline. That felt good.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

2. - Top - End - #632
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeGninjas due to not being me.
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tydude

Seems like GnomeGninjas is todays bandwagon.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    Could you at least answer Sapo's question:
    Okay. After gathering quite a bit of information about the potions, I made a guess as to what they were. I assumed their would be a voiding potion, bane potion and vote-blocking potion. Penguinator told me I was correct.

To be precise he said;

Quote Originally Posted by Penquinator
    O_o

You managed to predict the exact things that they do...

But which is which is witch is witch, is the question.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Day ends now.

Narration to follow.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Day 12:

The man gasped as the “Medicine Man” once again entered his abode. “What do you want now? You’ve done as much as you can. In fact, I think you’ve only made it worse. Why have you done this to me?”
    “Simple. You were our greatest enemy. I’ve slowly been poisoning you, sapping your strength. You will die soon. I just wanted to check up on you to see if it had hit yet.”
    “You… damned…”
    “Perhaps. But that is not my chief concern.” He wiped his hands on his cloak, and left, the man in the bed groaning after him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tydude finally succumbed to his poisoning.

He had another trip to make, down to the bakery. Odds and Ends, it was called. He had always figured that it sounded more like a pawn shop, but it wasn’t his place. A few quick touches, and it had been easy to take care of the pastries.
    “Hey… Jim… This tastes funny.”
    “Funny? As in a good thing? Good funny?”
    “No… It’s… almost like…” He suddenly clasped his throat and fell to the ground.
    “Ah. So, it’s done, then.” The man had appeared suddenly, unknown until he had spoken.
    “Who are you? What is your business here?”
    “Oh, just trying to show you what was meant by… ‘Let them eat cake.’” He grabbed one of the cakes off of the shelf, tossing it into the man’s face. The baker’s mouth had been opened, so some of it got in. He tried to wipe it off and spit it out, but it was too late. This poison was fast-acting.
    The man wiped his hands on his cloak a final time, and left the bakery.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oddity was Poisoned.

She was alone. It was late, and she had been stirring her pot. What was there left to do? Nothing. She knew it was all over. It had to be. The time had come. Shame she had never beaten her rival. But what could she do? She only had so many powers. Unfortunately for her, future sight was not one of them. She hadn’t noticed that a man had been looming over her, ominously. Fortunately, quick reactions were one of her specialties. Unfortunately, physical strength was not. The man had barely moved, picking up a table and throwing it into her as she fled. She was pinned to the ground, and quickly fell unconscious.

Spoiler
    Show
    razovor was taken care of.

The man had a mischievous glint in his eye as he wandered into the church. He knew what he had come for. The meddlesome priest did not. The large man hefted his bulk towards the newcomer, smiling warmly.
    “What can I do for you, my son?”
    The man knew all too well how to act. “Forgive me, father, for I have sinned.”
    “What have you done, my child?”
    “I’ve been picking pockets for years. I’m afraid there’s nothing else to say.”
    “Then you have come to the right place. You are forgiven, my son.”
    “I’m afraid… there’s one other thing… for which I won’t be forgiven.”
    The priest’s brow furrowed, and he hesitated. “What is it, my son?”
    The man had already whipped out a blade, and stabbed the holy man. “I’m afraid you’ve fallen onto my blade.”

Spoiler
    Show
    VA_Beds was killed.

The man in black armor chuckled. He had killed the King, gotten rid of the Heir, the foolish Grave-Maker, everyone. That fool Stanicrum was finished. It had all gone according to plan, all according to plan. Everyone who had stood in his way was gone, gone! Sir Maston had been exiled, that was the first part of the plan. The man had been too dangerous. Getting rid of him was the first thing, the first thing that led to this point. Now, he only had to make his way to the High Chancellor’s room. It was so close. He whistled, as he always had before. He crept along the hall… slipped past the last guards… opened the door…
    There lay the High Chancellor, still sick, seemingly from the King’s death. “Such loyalty,” the man thought, as the Chancellor sat bolt upright. “Pah.”
    The Chancellor eyed the man carefully, eyes sparkling thoughtfully. “I should have known it was you. I never suspected. But it was you, the whole time.”
    “Yes. It was.”
    “You’ve come to kill me, then? Just as you did Sir Eloise? Stanicrum?”
    “No. No, it is not that simple.” He stood at a window, back to the Chancellor. He pointed to a small shop, and said, “My ally has just killed the baker. This same ally has been poisoning one of your knights for days. The knight finally gave in this afternoon, after a final check-up.” He waved a hand across the expanse, casually glancing at the forest. “Another ally has taken out the witch. Funny, you didn’t know she was out there, did you?” He then pointed at the church, as if in triumph. “My third ally has killed your beloved priest.”
    “And I am to meet my end, now? With you to take over?”
    “No. No, you are much to useful. I’ve seen what you are capable of. You are intelligent. Very much so. Almost as much as myself. You are capable of manipulation, but also compassion. You are a great tactician, and a good leader. Now, I know you will never learn to respect me, and I admire that. But, no matter what happens to me, you will have to serve as my advisor, just as you have for your beloved king. How’s that for punishment?”
    “You are a cruel man. Sir… nay, King Myral.”

Spoiler
    Show
    GnomeGninjas was spared by Sir Myral. (In-game, he was lynched)

The man stood alone on the hill. He had escaped the castle after his father’s death, taken under the wing of the man who had just killed the priest. He had learned the ways of the thief, and knew when to keep his mouth shut. He hated it. He looked on the castle, and knew, one day soon, he would return. He would have his vengeance against that evil Sir Myral, and his cronies. They would pay. For killing his father.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Heir has sworn to return and reclaim his Kingdom.

The man rose, grumbling. He hadn’t moved in days. All part of his training. After his exile, he had sworn revenge. He had taken the lives of four of his enemies. One remained, but it was not to be. He would have his revenge next time. He wiped dirt off of his scratched armor, still wearing it after he had been kicked out of the kingdom. He walked slowly, injured. He had faked his death in front of Stanicrum, the men in the carriage having been the bandits he had “employed.” They had done too well, and it had actually hurt him. As such, he spoke a word with each step. “You’ll see… You’ll all see… I’ll be back. Don’t think you can get rid of me. I’m always here. I’ll always be. Sir Maston. The Scourge of Koreg. And don’t forget it!”

Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Maston failed to kill his last target, The Poisoner. He almost had his victory.

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]#|Player|Killed?|Role
    01|Internet Flea|Killed Night 2|Town-The Inquisitor
    02|The Grimmace|Lynched Day 5|Wolf-The Hunter WON
    03|Xanmyral|Survived|Wolf-The Inquisitor WON
    04|Ramsus|Lynched Day 7|Wolf-The Assailant WON
    05|usourselves&we|Killed Night 11|Town-The Grave-Maker
    06|Tydude|Survived, Kinda|Town-The Retributor
    07|billtodamax|Killed Night 1|Town-The Minstrel
    08|bladescape|Survived|Wolf-The Poisoner WON
    09|cd4|Killed Night 5|Town-The Protector
    10|GnomeGninjas|Lynched Day 12|Town-The Advisor
    11|Super dark33|Killed Night 10|Neutral-The Arbitrator
    12|flabort|Killed Night 8|Town-The Heir
    13|Gray Mage|Lynched Day 11|Town-The Town Drunk
    14|calar|Killed Night 6|Town-The Visionary
    15|Zar Peter|Killed Night 8|Town-The Baron
    16|RuneboundShade|Killed Night 4|Wolf-The Turncoat WON
    17|Julian84|Lynched Day 1|Wolf-The Usurper WON
    18|razovor|Survived, to an extent|Town-The Witch
    19|Eguzki|Killed Night 7|Town-The King
    20|Eternis|Lynched Day 2|Town-The Valiant
    21|Orangeban|Lynched Day 8|Town-The Marquis
    22|Istari|Killed Night 3|Town-The Executioner
    23|Onime-no-Enishi|Killed Day 4|Town-The Archmage
    24|Murska|Lynched Day 3|Town-The Tarot Reader
    25|Saposhiente|Survived|Wolf-The Pickpocket WON
    26|52.5 Lemons Ur-Quan|Survived|Wolf-The Vindictive WON
    27|VA_Beds|Survived, Kinda|Town-The Priest
    28|Rosencrance|Lynched Day 10|Town-The Jester
    29|Hipen3 Oddity|Survived, Sorta|Town-The Confectioner
    30|Fleeing Coward|Killed Night 4|Town-The Taste-Tester
    [/table]

Understanding Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Note that some of the stuff in my QT is inaccurate. This is accurate.

The Inquisitor: Alignment Scrier.
    The Hunter: Devil, role scrier. Put into contact with scried wolves. Scries Usurper, Turncoat, and Infiltrator accurately.
    The Infiltrator: Fake mason, scried as good by most seers.
    The Assailant: Night killer. Passes to a known wolf (if applicable) if killed.
    The Grave-Maker: Learns the roles of lynched players. Gets Usurper and Infiltrator accurately.
    The Retributor :Much like the DOB, he picks a target who dies when he does.
    The Minstrel: Chance that he will “empower” a target’s night action. There’s… kinda a list in my QT. I didn’t have to worry about it when bill died the first night.
    The Poisoner: Wolf. His target can’t vote the next day or use a night action the next night. Can’t target the same person twice within three days.
    The Protector: Baner. Could target self.
    The Advisor: Mason.
    The Arbitrator: Neutral, with five targets. The Inquisitor, The Poisoner, The Protector, The Poisoner, and The Baron. Each night, he had a role scry. If he found one of his targets, they died the following night.
    The Heir: Marked a target each night, blah. It’s on the front page.
    The Town Drunk: Wildcard scrier. Received scries in the form of colored animals. “Warm” colors implied wolfishness, “cool” colors were town. Indigo was the Mason color, although, in retrospect, Town Drunk probably should have scried The Infiltrator as a wolf. First letter of the animal’s name matched the first letter of their role’s name.
    The Visionary: Standard martyr role, learned who dies each night, and is asked if they wish to save them. Could not, however, save an Arbitrator target.
    The Baron: Mason.
    The Turncoat: Poorly conceived Junior Witch. Had a 50% bane each night, could target themselves. Lulled RBS into a false sense of security. After switching, had a 50% void instead.
    The Usurper: Same as first post. Gained the “Charisma” ability, which drew a target’s ability to The Usurper. Didn’t see any use.
    The Witch: Had three potions. Blue was a vote-block, Red was a bane, Green was a void.
    The King: Same as the front page, he has an alignment scry each night.
    The Valiant: Picks a target each night and learns which roles target that player for that night.
    The Marquis: Mason.
    The Executioner: Chooses lynch target if no majority is reached.
    The Archmage: Could scry a dead person every other night. Less accuracy the longer the person has been dead. Didn’t actually figure out rules for that, to be perfectly honest. I was never happy with this role.
    The Tarot Reader: Had a role scry each night.
    The Pickpocket: Stole a target’s power every other night. Used that power the following night.
    The Vindictive: Silencer. Had the ability to kill the Heir if they targeted them.
    The Priest: Day-Baner. Next time, definitely won’t be able to bane themselves every time.
    The Jester: Fool role scrier. Always scries Infiltrator, Turncoat, and Usurper accurately.
    The Confectioner: Had three items, like The Witch. Tarts had a chance to empower an ability. Cakes were banes. Muffins are vote-blocks.
    The Taste-Tester: Demi-baner. Could prevent a target from being poisoned, silenced, or otherwise. If, however, the person was to be killed, the Taste-Tester would die instead.

My QT has an in-depth guide to narrations, and links to all the other QTs.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

First, an explanation of how town could have won. It wasn't totally in-the-bag for the wolves, at least until the last day.

The Usurper was killed the first day, and that was something. The wolves also managed to kill their Junior Witch.
    Eguzki, already basically proven as the King, had scried Sapo and 'scape as evil. Had he info-dumped, town would have done much better.
    Rosencrance had scried Xan as The Infiltrator. Had he picked up on the fact that The Infiltrator typically doesn't scry as The Infiltrator, he may have gotten rid of Xan.
    Ur-Quan made a couple hints that he was The Silencer, which &we had picked up on, but didn't do anything about.
    razovor didn't bother to send in a bane last night. Had he sent one in, I'm almost positive that he would have picked usourselves&we. While not game-changing, it would have prolonged the day.
    Then there were townies who stopped paying attention. VA_Beds, I don't know if he's done anything with this game in days, as he set himself to auto-self-bane. Which won't be allowed in the future.

But I digress.

Did you like the game? What did you like about the game?

Did you enjoy the narrations?

What didn't you like about the game?

Did you like your role? What would you change about it? Would you like to see it in future incarnations? (Rune, don't answer that one, we've gone over yours.)

What kind of roles weren't in that you would like to see in future games?

What did you think of other roles in this game? (Except The Turncoat, I've heard plenty about that one)

Would you play in the next one?

What do you think of Tydude's suggestion for the next game?

Tydude's suggestion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tell me what you think of this idea for the next potential game. What if at the start of the game you make, say, 50 roles. Then, with 30 people, you randomly choose 20 to not give out. That way we have more of an idea of the potential powers in play, and it also makes claiming harder. For balancing, you could make tiers of the roles, for example tier 1 would have the really strong roles, and then each following tier would have groups of weaker roles. Then you would select a certain amount from each tier and still have an even distribution of powers. Certain roles (like the King, Executioner maybe) could always be in the game no matter what. It would be a lot of work, but I think it could be interesting.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wait, so The Arbitrator = Sir Maston?
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    It had good things to think about and strategize on. Well-crafted powerrole-filled games are usually fun.
    I generally don't read narrations
    I didn't like a. the amount of theoretically secret information given away in narrations and other such things. I believe that unless "clues are in narrations" is stated up-front, games should not give advantages to people that read narrations, partially because there is a noninsignificant risk of breaking the game if somebody figures too much out. The other thing I didn't like was the balance; it was too far town and we only won because of Town's incompetence (Failure to do the various things you pointed out) and inactivity.
    Did you like your role? What would you change about it? Would you like to see it in future incarnations? (Rune, don't answer that one, we've gone over yours.)
    The role works, and opens up various strategies you don't see in many other places.
    More variety and less power in Town roles (Eg x-shot abilities, abilities you may never want to use like Leeroy Jenkins, etc)
    What did you think of other roles in this game? (Except The Turncoat, I've heard plenty about that one)
    See above. Town had too many scriers.
    Probably
    Looks interesting, and would probably help to reduce the vagueness and uncertainty in the game; make thought that doesn't require powers more useful.
    I love how the first post that is no longer subject to the No-Editing rule gets edited.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-02-09 at 01:21 AM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aside from balancing, did you like the game?
    Yes.
    They kept my attention rapt.
    A few of the roles that couldn't do much, but really that is a mixture of both user error and design flaw. Every role can be useful if used correctly, but some are much easier to use.
    Loved my role, was fun to dance around the masons in the QT. Realized I was way to quiet. A spy role is always fun.
    None that I can think of off the top of my head.
    What did you think of other roles in this game?
    I think they were fine, although some obviously more useful than others.
    Most definitely.

Seems interesting, although a little chaotic. That many roles would lead to flaws more easily slipping through however, and would need to be checked by someone proficient in game balance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Pixie in the Playground

Ugh, looks like I was the hapless townie who lead wagons on his own team because he oddly could never get backup to lynch Xanmyral who had been pinging on the radar since who knows when.

I hadn't expected so many wolves to be alive, did they all know eachother?

[B]Did you like the game? What did you like about the game?
    I found myself very frustrated with a complete inability to piece anything together, mainly because I was relatively in the dark.

The ones I read were well written and never lacking in ideas.

Not such much the game, but how it was played. Pressure and get info was a good strategy, even if it came from a wolf. It was my own teammates who couldn't even manage to post a single reason why they should not be lynched that broke the game for me. In a game like this, people need to be active. The town needs to be always talking in thread, so that the wolves can make slip ups. Basically, the last few days, the active players were half wolf half town. Tydude being silenced for the majority of it.

I don't mind my role, it seems fair enough and could be used to do some tricky things. What I won't recommend is, half way through the game, being put in a role like mine, where I couldn't figure out what my items did, because I missed almost two rotations.

@The Death Chat
    OMGz that was the most dreadful 380 posts I've ever read. 4? townies who had scried wolves that never said a word... aaaaaaaaaaaHHH!
    Previous Wins
    Spoiler
    Show

Sharn, the Broken city - Serial Killer (neutral)
    The Demons - Vampire (neutral)
    Universal Smash Bros 4 - Luigi (mason)

Spoiler
    Show

Trophies (deserved or not)

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

((And....because my character wasn't dead and was on the winning team.....post game RP!))

"Well about time. It was awfully cold down there and it was a bit of trouble to run back to my cell every time a guard came down to check. Yes, yes. I found what we were looking for. Did you even have to ask?"

He then gave a smirk and said, "Oh right. You're going to have to get someone to clean up the mess. On the plus side, there are a lot less guards who are still loyal to the previous King."

Well, I enjoyed it. Might have helped that my goal was not so much not to die as to die effectively. I accomplished what I set out to do (delay the grimmace's death). I also enjoyed reading the wolf QT and talking in the dead QT.

Indeed I did sir! And am glad you didn't actually kill me off as you can see.

Aside from role related stuff and something that's been discussed too much already recently? Nothing.

Did you like your role? What would you change about it? Would you like to see it in future incarnations?
    Hmm, well despite enjoying the role...it kinda wasn't necessary. You could have just assigned the "alpha" wolf at random (or had a role that made sense to start with it). Basically, as in the end the wolf team gets a kill no matter what, there isn't really a point in having a role that starts with it and otherwise does nothing. That said, the mechanic of one of the wolves specifically having the kill is neat because it means it's voidable.

What kind of roles weren't in that you would like to see in future games?Leeroy. Anti-Marytr! ("No! YOU, die for me! Hah! ) Wolves could have used a three secret flavors role too. Maybe some more Neutrals if you get the players.

Well, I felt the Archmage was the one seer too many. Kinda already said my views on my role. Wild Card is a little iffy.

Of course! I mean...why else would I be providing plot ideas you may or may not choose to totally ignore?

Hmm, not bad really.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Bugbear in the Playground

Low information games as a wolf, and I get to be the only one to make the wolves paranoid? Win situation.

'Course I did, more so when my 'medicine man' was in them.

Ehm... Not much, really. Well, apart from a few unbalanced roles..

Oh yes. More-over, I'd love to get it again. Maybe even, if you're up for it, somehow having a backdrop of an epic battle of wits between the Poisoner and Sir Maston.

Hmm. Someone with a static ability to make all scries/effects on him do something other than they're supposed to would be fun. A more traditional Witchhunt style Werewolf would also be fun.

The Assailant was somewhat underpowered. It was basically a 'network then be the least useful wolf in the game' role.

Do you really think you could keep me away?

Well, it's possible of course, it wouldn't feel quite the same, though.

I'll get some Medicine Man RPing up a bit later.

EDIT:

Oh, and just a quick reply to some QT comments:

Quote Originally Posted by Xanmyral
    "I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear anything about Sir Maston. I tend to make bad decisions when paranoid. Decisions that often leave someone dead. Mustn't be paranoid. Paranoia leaves to death. Lack of paranoia though may lead to defeat... NO! Bladescape is an ally. Bladescape isn't Sir Maston. Sir Maston isn't Bladescape. Sir Maston may be using Bladescape... Bad train of thought.

Oh hell who am I kidding, I'm paranoid of Bladescape to here and back right now. So far my plan is to watch him for suspicious activity, and if I feel the need kill him at the end. Which I hopefully won't feel the need to do... WHY DO I ALWAYS CONSPIRE TO KILL ALLIES?! If only the poisoner could of been someone else, if only the poisoner could of been neutral, if only Super Dark33 got to him first! Freaking paranoia...

There is no Sir Maston. There is no Sir Maston. There is no Sir Maston. Just gotta keep saying that, and focus on the prize."
    You make my silly antics all worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator in the Dead QT
    "....

You know, looking back over the Wolf QT, I just realised.... My latest comments, combined with my record, will probably get my three allies all paranoid. Or Xan at least with Sapo likely to as well. No idea 'bout Ur-Quan.

*Sigh*

I just wish that 1. I knew more about it, and 2. I wasn't feeling so random as to do it. XD"

I love bladescape.
    ... This is creepy, now I see what Xan had posted not too long before it.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2012-02-09 at 05:35 AM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

13. - Top - End - #643
    Dwarf in the Playground

Man, really liked reading your QT Pengi, it was like watching a time traveler bicker amongst themselves, an emotional rollercoaster ride, little depressing at times but fun read all the same. We will try to talk more next game you run, and to be honest you are kind of overestimating our deductive reasoning skills Ur-Quan was just a quandary, and if we lived the night we more than likely just have been as confused as everyone else, even if we would be trying to lynch blade or Sapo. And even then they would have forced a no lynch and win the game roughly as they just did.

Anyway, we’re sure a lot of our thoughts just now got lost in the abyss that is our mind, that’s what we get for switching over from the word document to an almost endless supply of QTs. Man, the information we might be able to collect from reading all of them . . . can feel the nose bleed starting right now . . . better stagger them over the next few days.

Anyway anyway, looks like rambling has occurred and we haven’t gotten to the questions yet. . . Oh yeah answers time.

Oh yes, very much. So many crazy roles, we would have gotten a kick out of being the town drunk, rest assured we would have talked a lot more if we were.
    Every one of them, all ways read narrations, and these ones had little hints, how could we have stayed away? Though there were many that we missed (hints that is).
    More talking from non-wolves would have been nice, though we did contribute to a lot of that silence ourselves, so guess we can’t complain about that. Mechanically we don’t have anything bad to say about it.
    Did you like your role? What would you change about it? Would you like to see it in future incarnations?
    It was fun, didn’t really end up doing town any good though so we are sad about that. Don’t know if there is much of anything to change about this role, maybe put them in contact with the others that know about the dead after a few number of days, creepy people to tend to notice each other.
    The role we masqueraded as would be fun (grave robber) the way we described it it's pretty much a Drunk Archmage.
    Oh, and a time traveler- that knows most everyone’s role can look at their QTs (or get told about their actions) and is there to ensure a certain outcome and has the means to make most of it happen the way history has told. Death does not mean they lose if all the events come to pass then his/her timeline is stable and counts as a win. Is killed outright in place of others if claims or is outed in thread as being a time traveler. Scries as random to all ‘true’ seers, scries as time traveler to all ‘fool’ seers. A neutral obviously.
    Would probably need a whole other post for that if we end up commenting more, but they sound fun.
    Most definitely.
    We would be sad for all the roles that end up not being used but that would make things crazy fun.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

14. - Top - End - #644
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    ~Snip~
    An usourselves&we post without white text? I'm baffled.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #645
    Halfling in the Playground

The Quiz, first things first.

I liked the game, narrations were interesting, as was the whole high-powered everyone scheme. If I haven't liked it, I'd not have joined, would I?

I feel you've got to work more on them, most of the narrations were good, but I felt the ones where you just blatantly referenced stuff the most lacking. I'd keep the hints in, they make the players think. (Also, who cares about people skipping the narrations then crying it's not fair? I don't!)

Too much randomness from the players, I've already said what I didn't like about the narrations up there.

My role was fine, but it unfortunately wasn't narrated at all . I'm just sad I got in late for the party.

Wolf digger and a reverse-martyr, definitely.

Super Dark had one of the coolest roles ever, woooo. He just shat it up so bad I'm still dazzled.

Yep, of course I'll play, and this time from the beginning. I'd love to have a bit more of a role, tho. Being a silencer was fun and all, but it didn't let me connect to the wolf network :'( early enough.

Also, more neutrals would be more awesome.

I'm not sure I like it, I liked the way you could draw up anything viable in this game, as it's completely secret. A list of predefined roles isn't that fun, TBH.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

16. - Top - End - #646
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xanmyral View Post
    An usourselves&we post without white text? I'm baffled.
    It's happened before, what you want to fight about it?
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

17. - Top - End - #647
    Troll in the Playground

Ive never won by myself.
    super frustrated.
    Despite everything, its still me.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, I liked it. I liked that it was a WW . I also liked the narrations, but it never occurred to me that there might be clues within, until I died.

Yes, see above.

Sapo, the Pickpocket.

Yes I liked it, I would change nothing (Maybe add another "If X dies, you get his power", along with the King). Future incarnations... well, that's kind of difficult story wise, but power wise yes.

What kinds of roles weren't in that you would like to see in future games?
    Something with a Decoy.

Pickpocket was overpowered. Maybe if you just say "OK, the power you stole lets you target someone", or "You don't get to target someone with this power", then if it gives results, give them without an explanation of why....
    Simply put, the wolves, I believe, were using it as a 100% accuracy scry.

Will it be a WW?

Tydude's Suggestion?
    It would work for another game, not for a later reincarnation of Medieval.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

19. - Top - End - #649

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Pickpocket was overpowered. Maybe if you just say "OK, the power you stole lets you target someone", or "You don't get to target someone with this power", then if it gives results, give them without an explanation of why....
    Simply put, the wolves, I believe, were using it as a 100% accuracy scry.
    If an accurate scry is what you think is overpowered, why not complain about the Hunter, who can do it every day instead of every other?

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    If an accurate scry is what you think is overpowered, why not complain about the Hunter, who can do it every day instead of every other?
    Wait, only every other day?
    I just thought it was OP because each night you could scry, and get another power off while you were at it. Sorry.

Guess I was wrong.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

21. - Top - End - #651

The Arbitrator: Neutral, with five targets. The Inquisitor, The Poisoner, The Protector, The Poisoner, and The Baron.
    You forgot to mention The Poisoner.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground

Meta WW and Writer's Block could both use some more players if any of you haven't signed up for those.

Oh, and Penguinator....while in this particular case I don't mind, in the future you might want to ask people's permission before sharing their QTs.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I didn't like a. the amount of theoretically secret information given away in narrations and other such things. I believe that unless "clues are in narrations" is stated up-front, games should not give advantages to people that read narrations, partially because there is a noninsignificant risk of breaking the game if somebody figures too much out.
    Okay, well, there's another thing that wasn't mentioned, but was used. I'll answer questions if they're asked. Often with vague answers, but I'll answer nonetheless. Wolves as a team abused this to the moon and back.

I generally don't read narrations.
    And this doesn't help your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    ? What would you change about it? Would you like to see it in future incarnations?[/B]
    Hmm, well despite enjoying the role...it kinda wasn't necessary. You could have just assigned the "alpha" wolf at random (or had a role that made sense to start with it). Basically, as in the end the wolf team gets a kill no matter what, there isn't really a point in having a role that starts with it and otherwise does nothing. That said, the mechanic of one of the wolves specifically having the kill is neat because it means it's voidable.
    So... are we speaking Assailant-type role that scries as town?

Quote Originally Posted by Ur-Quan View Post

I feel you've got to work more on them, most of the narrations were good, but I felt the ones where you just blatantly referenced stuff the most lacking. I'd keep the hints in, they make the players think.
    Oh? Specifics? Especially since majority of the updates take an hour or so to write...

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Wait, only every other day?
    I just thought it was OP because each night you could scry, and get another power off while you were at it. Sorry.

Guess I was wrong.
    They steal a power, then use the power. Then steal a power, then use the power. Two day cycles. And if they get voided, it screws them up pretty bad. Also, it's hard to be ambiguous about stealing from The Heir. The Hunter was easier, "Accurate Role-scry." That could have been The Hunter or The Tarot Reader, not that that was immediately known. "You've stolen a day-bane." That one's not really capable of being a scry.

Just throwing that out there.

Oh, and Penguinator....while in this particular case I don't mind, in the future you might want to ask people's permission before sharing their QTs.
    Probably a good idea.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno about scrying as town. Kinda already have a wolf who does that (or maybe two). I just think you should have a good number of different wolf roles that all do something on their own and give one with a weaker power or the most theme appropriate one the kill to start with.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eguzki, already basically proven as the King, had scried Sapo and 'scape as evil. Had he info-dumped, town would have done much better.
    Really? He had that info and didn't tell us? Wow.

I had fun with it, especially towards the end when I had more info on what was going on. The roles were interesting too. Also, I really wish every narrator would make a personal QT like you did. That was a good read.

Yes. They were well written and I actually liked searching through them for clues. Though, there were a lot more clues than I thought. Really wish I had read them even closer.

The beginning was tough, especially for people who don't have info gaining roles like me. This is the main reason I suggested my variant. The only other thing is maybe less voiding roles. That got annoying fast. Other than those, nothing.

I was kind of disappointed that I didn't really have a nightly power. I could change my target, but I usually just stuck to somebody. I'd definitely like to see it again, as it could potentially create situations where you want to be killed, even though that didn't happen here. Maybe add some sort of special bonus if you're night killed as opposed to lynched, just to make the wolves more wary?

Can't think of anything right now.

I'm a little amazed we didn't win or at least have more information with how many info roles there were.

Most certainly.

My idea behind this is to have a blind game, but with some info. I'd like to try to run this myself at some time, probably over the summer.

Also, the wolves really fooled me here. I was pretty suspicious of Xanmyral and Ur-Quan, and Bladescape was starting to trip my scumdar, but I did not see Sapo as a wolf at all. And I could have sworn razovor was a wolf. Oh well.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

26. - Top - End - #656

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    Also, the wolves really fooled me here. I was pretty suspicious of Xanmyral and Ur-Quan, and Bladescape was starting to trip my scumdar, but I did not see Sapo as a wolf at all.
    Siggy/Extendo-siggy?

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #657
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sure, go ahead.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

Just read narrator QT. Didn't read any others because it violates my sorta not really a code of learning about other players by playing against/with them and not just snooping through their private thoughts. Explained my behavior, in part, in dead QT, so that's ok (and not going to explain the rest, that's up for clever people to figure out stuff about how I play on their own). Sad the narrator QT ended before thoughts on my bit of RP, doubting anyone else will also do post-game QT. Going to feel really awkward for me thinking of my character having a personality, knowing he would be in the next game in this series as he isn't dead, and potentially that being someone who isn't me. >_<

Also, through looking at the narrator QT remembered, yeah wolves totally need a Necromancer. I think Tydude's role was just fine, those of us wolves who believed you were who you were avoided targeting you because of the potential threat you posed so no real reason to up the threat level. I kinda like the Silencer as a wolf thing though. Though I was 99% sure of who he was and that he was a wolf the day I was lynched. Just thought it would be unfair to directly point that out to the other wolves being I was silenced and all and if they couldn't figure it out themselves.....

Note to Xan and Sapo: You guys said and almost did a lot of things that made me afraid you were suddenly going to throw the game away through just not paying attention or letting paranoia get in the way of logic and information you already had. That said, you guys ended up doing a good job of things after I died.

Xan, we should totally do more agreements like we did for this game, seeing the agony it put the narrator through.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-02-09 at 09:11 PM.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I dunno about scrying as town. Kinda already have a wolf who does that (or maybe two). I just think you should have a good number of different wolf roles that all do something on their own and give one with a weaker power or the most theme appropriate one the kill to start with.
    Hmm... Assailant/Beast? I'm trying to think of something here that isn't OP.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground

The Assailant ability can go to any wolf. It doesn't matter who. All that matters is that someone on the wolf team has it. At that point it counts as a power for the entire team and not really that person as far as town or the wolves are concerned. (Unless the target is voided but, I like that aspect, it's neat.) The night kill itself isn't a power that needs to be factored into that player's role's balance (especially since you can, and we did, end up with an Infiltrator killer when the current possessor of the kill dies) but, rather the team's balance. Which it already is by measure of town having greater number than wolves, etc.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-02-09 at 09:29 PM.