New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default If Code Geass became a US live-action movie...

Quote Originally Posted by A 4koma
    Suzaku: "Are we supposed to be speaking English or Japanese? I'm so confused!"
    Lelouch: "...don't think too hard about it."
    The initial scene is captioned with a date, informing the viewer that we are being shown the "American colonies" and it is the beginning of "Washington's Rebellion". Preparations seem to be going well until troops storm in to arrest them, followed by two men who are identified as the Duke of Britannia and Earl Benjamin Franklin. Washington calls Franklin a traitor and Franklin in turn calls him a fool as he is dragged off into the street. The soldiers shout "All Hail Britannia", echoing out.

Cut to what appears to be a different version of the same street, captioned
    2017 a.t.b.
    Pendragon City, Capital of the Holy Britannian Empire
    An oddly familiar voice shouts "ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!", and the anthem of the same name begins to play (with comprehensible lyrics this time ).
    The camera pans around a massive chamber filled with cameras and spectators, to which a man is dictating a speech. He speaks of how God is a lie invented by the weak and how the Britannian Empire grows ever more glorious as it conquers new territories. In between pans we see newspaper cuttings and clips of the Britannian military.

Finally we see the speaker's face. A wigged Patrick Stewart throws up his fist and shouts "ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!". As the crowd rises in chorus, roll title sequence.
    CODE GEASS

Cut to Ashford Academy where the students who assembled to watch the Emperor's speech are starting to leave, focusing on one dark-haired young man, Lelouch Lamperouge. Lelouch speaks boredly with a few other students, before being approached by Milly. She says that she thought Nunnally would want to come and hear the speech, because, you know... Lelouch becomes visibly annoyed for a moment, then says that Nunnally wasn't feeling well this morning. He is then called away by Rivalz. Before the scene ends we see:
    Ashford Academy
    Area 11, Former Nation of Japan

Cut to a group of Japanese men walking quietly down a hallway, accompanied by a brown-haired young woman of ambiguous ethnicity. All are armed. They peer around a corner to see a truck being loaded. In subtitled Japanese one says "There's the gas." The girl replies "I've got it", takes aim at a guard and fires.

Back to Lelouch. A man shouts "Damn Eleven!" and... you know how the chess scene goes. He defeats the guy in three moves, intercut with the terrorists escaping in the truck, until Rivalz's praise of Lelouch's victory ("the next Napoleon!") is interrupted by the truck crashing a short distance away below them.

Things go pretty closely to the first episode of the series, except that the first victims of Lelouch's Geass maintain control long enough to shout something like "It can't be! You're the Lost Prince, who ran away from home!" The scene where Lelouch Geasses Viletta is left out, though we get a brief shot of her recovering in an alley and shaking her head in confusion.

Aaaand that's all I've got for now. Any ideas on other actors who could work for such an adaptation?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: If Code Geass became a US live-action movie...

David Tennant should be in there somewhere, ideally as an antagonist character since he doesn't seem to get as much screen time in those roles.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Elijah Wood is sadly too old to be Lelouch.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Finally we see the speaker's face. A wigged Patrick StewartBRIAN BLESSED throws up his fist and shouts "ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!". As the crowd rises in chorus, roll title sequence.
    Fixed that for you.

David Tennant should be in there somewhere, ideally as an antagonist character since he doesn't seem to get as much screen time in those roles.
    He plays Lloyd obviously.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Have you seen Patrick Stewart in egotistical villain mode? It wouldn't even be the first time he's played an Emperor.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-02-01 at 08:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

He plays Lloyd obviously.
    I did consider that, but I suspect there are other roles that he could do well (Prince Clovis for example, though that falls into the low screentime category)

The real question is, who can we find for the role of Sir Guilford (should be Guildford, but Code Geass couldn't spell it correctly- I should know, I was born there).
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Have you seen Patrick Stewart in egotistical villain mode? It wouldn't even be the first time he's played an Emperor.
    The Emperor of Britannia demands the unrivaled King of Ham.

Also you want to put hair on Patrick Stewart, you evil evil man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    The real question is, who can we find for the role of Sir Guilford (should be Guildford, but Code Geass couldn't spell it correctly- I should know, I was born there).
    I can't think of his name but the guy that played in Lt. Hicox (the Brit) in Inglourious Basterds came to my mind.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2011-02-01 at 08:36 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Michael Fassbender was Hicox. I'd personally like to see a HP alum playing Lelouche, not one of the main characters, but you know what I mean.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Summer Glau as C.C. just for lulz sake.
    Halle Berry could probably do a good Villetta.
    Matthew Goode would be perfect as Shinizel, he was basically Ozymanidas anyways.

The biggest problem with this is that there aren't very many Hollywood Asian actors to play the Japanese characters without causing another train wreck like Last Airbender.

Edit: I'd support Patrick Stewart as the Emperor over Brian Blessed. Although it will mean losing the hair (which is a physically impossible style anyways) it does give us a superior actor who is viable as a villain. Blessed is just too good natured for the role.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2011-02-01 at 11:36 PM.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkblade View Post
    Edit: I'd support Patrick Stewart as the Emperor over Brian Blessed. Although it will mean losing the hair (which is a physically impossible style anyways) it does give us a superior actor who is viable as a villain. Blessed is just too good natured for the role.
    The Emperor's hair is styled like a judge's wig anyway. Why not just make it obvious that he's wearing a wig? (as in, he takes it off on occasion)

As for Asian actors, anywhere Masi Oka could be used? What about George Takei? (I figure he could be Genbu Kururugi or that guy hiding out in Mt. Fuji I can't remember the name of)
    EDIT: Actually, they could use anyone for Genbu really. He shows up in a single scene and doesn't speak any English. Heck, they could even use him for a cameo from the original cast.

EDIT: If Elijah Wood can't work as Lelouch, what about Schneizel? Recall that the guy is supposed to seem fairly harmless at first.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-02-02 at 06:53 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

But more importantly, who would play Lloyd?

Spoiler
    Show

What? NO!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually I would make the chess part the same as the anime, not showing the moves except the king being moved forward and the reaction at then end of the Noble. Chess doesn't work that way unless your opponent is brain dead or you don't see the match happen.

As for actors I always pictured Lloyd as Jim Carrey.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

13. - Top - End - #13

Speaking the Emperor's hair (...never thought I'd say that), what do you guys think would be acceptable changes for the transition to live-action.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Otogi View Post
    Speaking the Emperor's hair (...never thought I'd say that), what do you guys think would be acceptable changes for the transition to live-action.
    There are episodes that could be completely eliminated like the one with Arthur stealing Zero's helmet.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Otogi View Post
    Keeping it the same. It would be pretty cool to see the actors actually cosplay as the characters and keeping the visuals as close as possible to the anime.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Keeping it the same. It would be pretty cool to see the actors actually cosplay as the characters and keeping the visuals as close as possible to the anime.
    So lots of CG backgrounds...

As for clothing, I would like the clothing to be similar but not to look like they are costumed.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    So lots of CG backgrounds...
    Either that, or good sets. I think it would look quite awesome to see how they would transfer the style of the anime onto real actors.

18. - Top - End - #18

Another small wrench into the pile: DiCaprio is a fan, and while he would most likely take a back seat to the production if he was involved, who could he play?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

As for actors I always pictured Lloyd as Jim Carrey.
    Nah, make him Mao (who is now based out of the Geass Research place, and is used by Lelouch to find it). Or maybe Jeremiah Gottwald. The latter might also work for BRIAN BLESSED.

EDIT:
    Summer Glau as C.C. just for lulz sake.
    That is hilarious and yet so fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Including the swimsuit-style suits for female pilots? They might have trouble with that. Especially since one is worn by a kid.

What about C.C.'s? hair? Green or black?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-02-02 at 06:56 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Including the swimsuit-style suits for female pilots? They might have trouble with that. Especially since one is worn by a kid.
    Point taken. Although none of them were really "kids".

Green.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2011-02-02 at 08:19 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

I ended with my Geass + R2 run two days ago and I don't remember this. IRC C2 had a rather conservative outfit while in Mecha and the only other female I remember was Cornelia who also had a very conservative outfit.

Also, C2 hair is green. I favour odd colours for hair.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-02-02 at 08:17 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

I ended with my Geass + R2 run two days ago and I don't remember this. IRC C2 had a rather conservative outfit while in Mecha and the only other female I remember was Cornelia who also had a very conservative outfit.
    http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/Valkyrie_Squadron
    Do a GIS for Viletta and you'll see some pics of her suit.

Also, someone needs to shop up a picture of Summer Glau as C.C.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Suggestions for Kallen and Suzaku Kururugi?

Maybe Walter Koenig in the role of Diethard?
    Part of YugiohITP

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Summer Glau can't be C.C. - she lacks DAT ASS.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

This movie would have to be sponsored by Pizza-Hut.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    And as a Hollywood movie, this would presumably be in 3D. Such an opportunity cannot be squandered. It is unthinkable.

27. - Top - End - #27

That goes without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    You sir, are wrong.

http://www.mindfield.be/rommel/pictures/summerglau.jpg

Summer Glau does in fact have DAT ASS.

Green, it's an obvious cue from the get go that she's not quite human. Although I'd have to say that Cornelia and Euphimia need to be turned into more conventional red heads.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2011-02-02 at 01:20 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Emperor of Britannia demands the unrivaled King of Ham.
    I dunno. If his health wasn't in decline, I'd pick Christopher Lee.
    http://www.mindfield.be/rommel/pictures/summerglau.jpg

Summer Glau does in fact have DAT ASS.
    ...Nope. Insufficient DAT ASS for Pizza-butt.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    ...Nope. Insufficient DAT ASS for Pizza-butt.
    Padding.

"We interrupt this message" requires a message to interrupt. Or you could have Diethard filming a commercial.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-02-02 at 01:43 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

"We interrupt this message" requires a message to interrupt. Or you could have Diethard filming a commercial.
    Or you could just have gratuitous product placement like the anime was so fond of.