New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Danielle

Her mind raced as she listened to the police officers.
    A part of her understood that they may have just made things easier for her for at least a while, but the larger part did not want anything to do with vampires in her house or around her mother.

"Understood officer, let me know when you here something. No need to drop all the way out, just a call will be fine", it took effort to prevent gritting her teeth as she said this.

As they left she turned back to her mother and hugged her again "I'm sorry about the call last night, I only found out they had called you when you told me, and I reacted badly", that was true at least, if the story had actually been true there would be only two outcomes, firstly she have done everything in her power to put Billy and his friends in the cold cold ground or secondly she would have broken down like so many other people ... or both despite what she had actually gone threw she shivered at the thought of being abducted like that.

Worse on consideration it put her plans in jeopardy, her mother would not be inclined to let her of her sight now making getting on top of unlife and figuring out the Jackal situation more problematic ... she put the thought behind her.

She left the hug and smiled weakly "How have you been?".

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Spoiler
    Show
    ((She'll cover with Mask as well, since they're about to go in a populated area... do you need a roll? I'd assume she won't move till it works, but anyway (5d10)[2][2][9][2][8](23)))

"Yeah, thanks Mike, the monitor's a bit heav.." she stops mid-sentence. That's a good way to test if she really is stronger than before. "Actually, nevermind... but come in all the same" No sense in him standing alone in the dark outside.

She leads him up the five ramps of stairs, and, as usual, she has to look in all her pockets and her purse before finding the key. The apartment is more like a single room and a small kitchen area and bathroom, but it looks clean and comfortable enough. Her computer is in a corner, on a cheap plywood table, and there is an open pack of chocolate cookies on the bedside table and a coupon for a 3$ discount at Walmart pinned on the fridge.

Amy takes a bag from a drawer, and starts putting some clothes in, going for the most pratical she can pack. Not that she had many fancy ones to start with. "I'll have to tell the ladlord I'm leaving as well. And about that, uhm... I don't have to pay rent to stay in the flats, do I? Because, if I'm not working anymore...well, I'm going to be a little broke before too long." She makes a little self-conscious smile, and goes to the wall behind her bed. There's a poster there, of a small puppy with a birthday hat on, and, written below in red marker pen, the words CORNIEST POSTER EVER.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS! May 27, 1986 Just a couple of month before she left home. Amy hesitates,then takes it off from the wall and rolls it up carefully, sticking it in the same bag.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle

The two officers close the door behind them. Danielle's mother seems to get a bit better with them gone. Her eyes are bloodshot, and she's unusually unkempt. "I'll be fine, you're what matters, Danielle, you're what matters. You're... you're probably tired. You should get some rest." She shutters slightly at the fell of Danielle's cold skin. She let's go of her, and turns around.

Amy

Mike notices Amy keeping the sentimental poster but says nothing about it. "No rent at the Nosferatu Suites." He smiles slightly at his poor joke, knowing how bad it was. "Don't worry about money, we have a good system in place. Unless Donovon wants you making cash on the side, you can take from our pool. Slick and I make some money, plus a number of the ghouls."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Amy smiles at the joke, even if it's a bad one, as she opens all the drawers to make sure she isn't forgetting anything important. She packs her radio as well, but doesn't bother with the cheap television. Mike doesn't exactly have a truck, and it's not like she usually watches it that much anyway. The only other thing she doesn't want to leave behind is a small photo album which has some pictures of her and her sister when they were little, included a very goofy one of the both of them dressed as pumpkins for Halloween. She manages to stuff it in the bag, and hands it to Mike, while she goes to unplug the computer.

"Well... It seems I'm ready, Mike. I have everything I wanted" One bags of clothes and a computer... It's a bit of a depressing thought, considering she has been in that apartment for more or less six years. She entertains the thought to phone her landlord and her boss, then she realises what an ungodly hour of the night it is. She'd better call them tomorrow, first thing in the evening. "Let's go"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming she won't have any difficulties in carrying the computer downstairs...she's bound to be a bit stronger than she was before.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

Her heart ached to see her mother like this.
    Reaching out she turned the woman around, and looked her in the eye her voice calm "Mom, I am not Katrina. I am a fighter and you can bet that I won't give up easy. I don't know fully what happened and I am sorry about the call last night, and I know you will worry but try not to, I feel alright and I'm home the worst is over ... I will stay out of bright lights and I should be ok", she said as confidently as she could, "maybe I can go goth" she tried for the weakest possible joke ... and instantly regreted, this was not her forte.

Thinking about things rationally if she was said to be taken by a gang, drugged and that the police knew her name ... this likely meant that the story was in the public domain in case she went public with the whole vampire thing she would be labled crazy, and it made sure no one would look for Billy and his friends ... because they were likely listed as dead in a police operation.

"I haven't had a chance to read the paper today, and you know how I hate to miss that", she tried to smile at the normality of the statement, "do we have one around?".

6. - Top - End - #456
    Banned

A rapid succession of possible responses began to wash through Faruq's worried head as the fingers of the feisty fellow brushed his chin. Well, wait, he can do things, and his... disciplines, they let him do those better. So most of the time, he doesn't need his tricks, because he's already... good at what he does, I guess. A Kavorka man, this one, apparently. Why do people who didn't seem attractive always attract the ones that are? And how come they're called Kavorka men? Still though... "Well... Yeah. I think I get the point. Wretched Assamite means Flockton, right? I actually took him for a rather restrained fellow. Most personal question he ever asked me was whether I do cocaine. Or at least, the most personal question in a long time. Been picking up some as of late..." This was the wrong start. Led nowhere. Wouldn't make this conversation last. He had to do this in order, then. "But then I guess, you stay in the game as a Kindred for long enough, you end up not caring much for the little things." The good little things, and the nice ones... He would have expected to be... deader, really: As he drew in the sight of Sasha gazing at Sean so longingly - his mind more than a bit distracted by the thought of standing there, all suited up, and watching other people kiss - a certain bodily function was briefly remembered, and while it was a most pleasant impression, the relevant parts remained strangely unenthusiastic. Guess that's hit-or-miss, just like the heart thing and the breath and such. Then again, getting a boner now would likely just complicate this thing further, anyway.

Shrinking away from Sean's touch - if in a controlled, non-panicky manner, all calmly in the way of one who steps aside on the bus to let someone with a lot of baggage pass him - he cracked an uneasy smile, and extended his own arm to imply a handshake. "At any rate, I do see my mistakes, and I'll remember that. 'twas mostly 'cos I thought there warn't a whole lot left to lose, y'see?" Somehow, he felt more disjointed than usual. He'd definitely have to take a nice long weekend off one of these days. "Though, if you'd allow me... Reading moods. And moving faster. And making others attracted to you... Sounds like a handy set of skills to me. But what is actually the deal with that? I'm told that Kid Creepy and the Private Eye do curses... Clan Tremere? But could you do that? Or I? Are there names for those... disciplines other than what I've been calling them? And if I may... It does feel good to get some non-knife feedback, I had honestly been thinking we were enemies. As in, the Camarilla and myself. A patsy, a show-off piece, basically a sacrifice for the Amazing Kraut-Head and his Office Bitch's self-esteem. Do please forgive me saying so... But you seem to be rather more relaxed. Not a whole lot of love between the Goblin Show and yours?" I'm sounding perfectly clueless here, aren't I? "No offense, with me asking all this stuff and such. But I can't shake this feeling that I'm missing something here. And not just..." Something subliminal in his head engaged in what seemed like reversed wishful thinking, in that it featured Sasha, her car, himself and a whole lot less in the way of clothing this time around. And even so, Mozart played. The idea of the fat man getting up on that seemed surreal, but fitting in a way. "... the basic things, at that."

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Amy

"Your chariot awaits." The two headed back to the abandoned apartment complex. When they entered, the 'Land Lady' did not speak up. Slick and Flat Face were sitting in the main lobby playing checkers. She could see clearly that Slick was winning, and enjoying it, while Flat Face looked on impassionately at the game.

Slick turned his unobfuscate head around, looking like a deformed frog again. "Hey Evaz! How you doing? Fun night?"

Danielle

"On the kitchen table honey, I'll... I'll have breakfast ready in the morning." Her mother retreated from the room to the upstairs.

Did her mother know or suspect? What had the officers told her? Would she be able to eat breakfast, the htought of any food sounded nauseating to Danielle.

Looking at the paper, Danielle could find nothing about the events of last night. It was all about world and national events. Some war in Asia, a banking scandal in Europe. Nothing new. It was the same old paper as before, ignorant, whether by choice or not, of the greater world Danielle had discovered.

Faruq

Sean stared at Faruq for a moment, honestly confused. "Nothing to lose?" A knowing grin crossed his face. "Oh yes, of course! Oh I had forgotten about that! Yes, our history is full of ungrateful childer, thinking their tiny little lives are over. It's probably what young Billy Clover thought when he embraced Danielle, oh yes. Then again he was Caitiff and actuall had lost everything. Not you though Faruq, oh no. You have been given so much more than your quaint little life could have ever amounted to."

Sean's words seemed genuine, and not meant to be an insult. It was perhaps more disturbing for that reason.

"You are curious about the disciplines then? Many young kindred are. Many old kindred are too. Although each clan has disciplines they are naturals at, it's quite possible for any kindred to learn any discipline. It takes longer, and most of the time it takes a teacher, but it can be done. Thaumaturgy, the pride and joy of the Tremere is a most unusual discipline, it seems to branch off into several paths Some wield fire, others can levitate themselves, I've heard of some who could control the weather. Still, what's the point of controlling the weather? A waste of a century I say.

"Sasha, if you would be so kind as to inform dear Faruq of the names."

Sasha recited the names of the eight common disciplines first, pointing out those of the Ventrue. She also informed him of protean, thaumaturgy, and dementation. She didn't go into great depth, only the general usage of such disciplines.

Sean spoke again. "There are more exotic disciplines out there, but I wouldn't concern yourself with those for now. No matter what powers you gain, use them wisely dear boy, and should you learn a discipline outside of your clan's strengths, keep it a secret." He grinned maliciously. "After all, they cannot prepare for what they do not know."

Sean pranced away onto the stage, raising his voice. "You have so many opportunities dear child! Don't waste them with impatience. You have talent, oh yes you do. Embrace kindred society, and you will go far, I promise."

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Amy smiles at him, keeping the monitor more or less in equilibrium on the case in her arms. The keyboard, she has managed to stuff in the bag Mike is carrying, but some of the cables have unrolled and are partially trailing behind her. At least she found out she is definitely stronger than before: the whole thing must weight around 50 pounds, but she isn't having troubles in carrying it, not even down the five ramps of stairs from her apartment.

"Hey Slick." Oh yes, now she remembers perfectly what Slick's true face looked like. The guy really has got the short end of the stick. But he is nice, and friendly, unlike some other people she may name. "Yeah, good, thanks. The 'moving house' part is a bit of a hassle." She raises the computer in her hands of a couple of inches, to show him what she means. "Uhm... Hi, Flat Face." Where is Danielle? "Has Danielle already gone to sleep?"

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

Ugh ... food, thought thought of it was off putting, but she would have to try she supposed.

She looked at her mother as she retreated from the room, for a second she felt rejected - her own mother could not even look at her, but she shook it off.

Melissa was not the kind of woman who reacted well to worry, it was the same with Katrina, she didn't want to breakdown in front of Danielle, or that was how she rationalised it anyway.

Taking the paper she began to review it, Iran was buying missiles from North Korea, the IRA had bombed London, Violence in Bosnia, the death of Eve Merriam - she read that one with more depth then just the brief skim, Euro Disney opening, British government back in. An hour or so passed before she was happy that she was up to date on the majority of topics - spending a bit of time wrapping her head around politics and finance also ... had to start somewhere.

"Well I guess the world does not revolve around me" she muttered. Grabbing the gossip section she went off and ran a bath for herself, setting out new clothes and sticking on some light music with some scented soap.

Easing herself in she enjoyed the feel of the warm water on her cold skin, the pressure and stress leaving her for a few precious moments as she flicked through which celebrity was doing what ... she told the girls at school she didn't care but it was a private pleasure.

Tossing it away when she was done she relaxed fully into the water, not noticing as her head went below the water line, or as the water cooled, until some time at passed, snapping her eyes open she panicked at drowning splashing water everywhere until she snapped out of it, signing deeply she got out and dressed, before cleaning the room.

Still it felt good to be clean.

Her own room was large and well lit with large windows, perfect for the sun to get in and brighten the place up ... and kill me.

Taking a notepad she noted down 'told to avoid the sun, going to crash in the attic' in French and left the note beside the fridge.

It was not a great place, but it was dark and had been renovated for storage, so it was dry.
    There was no bed or mattress, but she had a sleeping bag which was comfortable.

Amy hope you had a nice night and that the rest is easy for you, the older woman had been decent to her last night, and seemed decent in general. She hoped Amy could retain that for a long time.

Lying down she tried to sleep, but could not the thought of whatever it was watching her on her walk stayed with her ... she had ignored it but it was gnawing at her mind, was it Jack he had seemed cool enough had he been stalking her, or making sure she was safe? Or was it something else, or was it her imagination.

Growing more annoyed and restless she eventually worked herself into a state of paranoia seeing the stacks of boxes as monsters, hearing every creak in the house she eventually could not take it.

Standing she looked around the darkened room, "I don't know if your out there, and I don't know if I'm crazy, but if you come after my mother I will find you and hurt you", she uttered her threat to the boxes around her and immediately felt foolish, they did not seem impressed at her at all and they looked like nothing more then boxes again.

Crawling back into the bag sleep did not come quick or easy.

Spoiler
    Show

Baring you wanting to cover something else daelrog I think that might be her for the night, unless Amy calls in which case she will get up and answer it.
    Even with the paper and the bath I am viewing it as only about 2am so plenty of time left in the night.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

Amy

"Oh her? I dumped her off at Smiling Jack's place." He started laughing. "With any luck, she pissed him off and he did his... whatever the hell he does, and we'll have one less Clanless in the city."

Mike tried to intervene. "Come on Flat Face, quick playing around."

"Who's playing around? Last I saw, I was driving away from Smiling Jack's and she was waving goodbye thanking me."

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

There are a lot of things Amy wants to say. You damned bastard,she was your responsibility chief amongst them. But arguing with Flat Face would almost certainly be a waste of time, so she just looks between him and Mike and asks, not without a good dose of concern in her voice "Who's Smiling Jack?"

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

The three other Nosferatu didn't say anything at first, as if that was a hard question to answer. After a very long ten seconds Mike finally gave it a try. "Well you see... there's some oddities amongst kindred. There's the thirteen main Clans, the Caitiff... then there are a few groups that are really small in number, don't have much of a history, and no one's quite sure where they came from. Smiling Jack's from one of those groups."

Slick chimed in. "Yeah, he's ugly like us, but different. Looks like a shambling corpse, smells even worse. He's all into voodoo or something like that. Most people don't go near him. Heard the old Prince used to hire him to do some dirty work from time to time."

Flat Face shrugged his shoulders. "I took the girl to see the other reject kindred of the city. Figured she'd find more friends with them than with us proper kindred."

Amy could see Mike look as if he watned to disagree. Then, as if a lightbulb went off above his head, Mike's expression changed to one of agreement and thoughtfulness.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Well, Flat Face may not be completely wrong, but still... He dumped her there? From the way he had phrased the answer before, Amy doesn't think that Smiling Jack had willingly agreed to take the girl in. Amy looks at the computer in her arms. She had been actually looking forward to put her stuff down and try to make the apartment feel a bit more like 'home'. Not tonight, evidently.

"So... does the guy have a phone?" The look on the others' face is enough to give her her answer. Damnit. She isn't particularly looking forward to meet someone described as 'all into voodoo', but leaving Danielle there without checking on her isn't something that sits well with her either. "Right. Uhm... Mike, can I borrow your car?" Not that she wouldn't really like Mike to go with her, but she realises that he's not her chauffeur.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: No plan survives contact with the narration . Also, I hope I haven't been too metagame-y on the phone bit, I wanted to save a back-and-forward.))

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, I guess but..." Mike looked a bit nervous. "I don't know how to get there. It's a bit off the beaten track outside the city."

Flat Face smiled. "I can take you there, girl." He gave an overexaggerated yawn. "But tomorrow night."

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

"Thanks, Mike." Another point in favour of Mike. Usually guys get all defensive about their cars. Not that Amy is a great expert on guys, but the couple of guys she's gone out with in the past did. Well, he -is- seventy years old. Guess he's gotten past that phase

"Uhm... thanks, Flat Face, but I want to check if Danielle is alright, so... it has to be tonight" Which wouldn't be the case if he hadn't just thought of leaving Danielle there. And I'm really starting to hate when people call me 'girl' "It's alright, if you just tell me where it is, I can get there myself".

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Sorry, but she's dead set of making sure Danielle is alright, and she's operating under the conviction she's still where she's been left.))

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I can see it. And she may get the chance, but I don't know how much help Flat Face will be.

"It's out in the woods east of the city." Flat Face makes a move. Slick responds by jumping over the piece. "Looks like you're going to win again. Guess I'll get some shut eye. Flat Face looks over his shoulder. "It's people like you who get the Clanless killed, you know. Ciao."

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

"Yeah, people like me. You leaving her by herself's got nothing to do with it, has it?" she half snaps at him. The woods at night, perfect place to get raped or killed. Oh, for God's sake, I'm a -vampire-, it's rapists that should worry about me, now.. Several other things she should worry about that she'd never considered until yesterday come to mind, actually, but there's no use in thinking about it.

Still, 'the woods east of the city' isn't a very detailed indication. Amy figures she may at least give it a try, see if she can manage to find the place by herself, offer Danielle a lift home, at the very least. And there's also the possibility that HE is going to find ME. "Right, I'll... er, put my stuff down and take your keys, alright, Mike?"

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Yeah, she's definitely going to give it a try. Which may be an idiotic thing to do, but I can't have her say 'alright, I'll just go to bed, then'. And she isn't thinking about checking Danielle's home because she doesn't think that she may have gotten back there. Not when she has an hunter on her tracks. ))

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    Erica grabs several books and loads them in both arms, returning to her room to get some reading in before settling down for bed.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Amy
    Spoiler
    Show
    You may want to ask someone else for help. As it stands now, roll wits+investigation, difficulty 10, needing three successes.

The reason it's difficulty 10 is that Amy has no idea which house to go to.

Amy drove around for an hour. The area was a maze, and it was hard to tell one house to the next, all were run down. The few people she saw did not look like walking corpses, and she noticed she was drawing attention when she started to cross the same roads three times.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-11-12 at 10:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Amy pulls over to the side of the road. She passes an hand through her hair in frustration - proper hair, this time, as she's covering her true face: woods at night or not, she doesn't want to end up in Slick's situation.

I'm not going to find it, not tonight. She realises. And it'll be dawn in a bit, It's better that I go back ho...wait. There is one last thing she can do. It's a long shot, but still, that way she can be at peace with herself that she has really tried everything. She starts the engine again and drives back to the city. She checks three phone booths before finding one that has still a phonebook in. Leblanc, Danielle has said at her presentation. A French surname, and one that can't be very common.

There are five Leblanc listed, four men and a woman. Amy thinks about it for a moment, then makes a guess. Danielle has spoken about disappointing her mother, but has never mentioned a father. Plus, I have to start from somewhere, Amy thinks, dialling the number for Melissa Leblanc. If she's worried about her daughter not coming home I guess I can't do much more damage, even if I phone at this hour of the night, and if Danielle made up some excuse I'll... I'll say she forgot her wallet with all her documents in and I wanted to let her know I had it. Not the best cover story, but it's a plan, at least, she thinks while the phone rings.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Again, if the last paragraph is too meta-gamey, with me making up the number of Leblancs, yell at me, and I'll strike it out. It didn't seem like an unreasonable assumption to make))

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Amy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quite all right. I was only going to have two Leblanc's listed.

The phone rings. A female's voice answers. "Who is this? Why are you calling this late?"

Danielle

The phone rings downstairs. Danielle hasn't gone to sleep yet. She can hear her mother talking to someone on the phone.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

That's probably the right number. It isn't a hard deduction to make: the woman's voice didn't sound sleepy at all. "Uhm... Good evening, ms Leblanc, I'm really sorry about the hour. I'm Amy, a friend of Danielle... uhm...is she home?" Better to be sure this really IS the right house before starting blathering about missing wallets.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

The phone, who would call at this hour she spent a few seconds thinking about it: if it was the the hunter to check if she was home then she needed to get her mom and get out ... or just get out herself maybe he hadn't been going to kill a human yesterday.
    Was surrender an option to save her mother?

She was up and downstairs as fast as possible, she had to hear this she needed to know what she might have to do.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-11-13 at 12:27 AM.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle and Amy

To Amy, the sound of the voice sounded frustrated but in control. Danielle, who knew her mother a bit better, knew the woman was not doing well. "It's three a.m. you can call in the morning Ms. Amy." She hung up the phone, hard.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

Amy ... what the hell would she be calling for, considering she remembered that Amy had offered to help, what if she knows something that I need to hear, this was bad, ok, ok star 69 should work.

"Mom" she stepped forward, "it is ok", instinct took over and she hugged the older woman tight, had she tears they would be flowing, "can we talk, I need you to be able to talk to me", she didn't know what was happening rationally, she just needed some normality something not tainted by what happened. Stop acting so weak and call Amy back that could actually be important a section of her mind told her, but she ignored it.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-11-13 at 01:17 AM.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy (and at the end, Danielle, I guess)

No, I really can't. Amy stares at the receiver for a second before carefully hanging up. Okay, it IS 3 a.m. I deserved that. Her first impulse is to call back, but she stops herself and tries to think rationally about it. The woman hadn't asked who the hell was Danielle, so definitely the right number. And she sounded tired, but not panicky, not like someone who had no idea where her daughter was. Plus 'you can call in the morning', she had said. If Danielle had spinned some sort of tale, she wouldn't have told her mother that she would be back in the morning, when it would be impossible for her to move. I guess that probably means she IS at home, then. Thank God. she thinks, fully prepared to get in the car and driving back to the Flats.

Then another thought hits her. Or possibly not, if a hunter is tracking her. Amy frowns. If SHE had taken one minute to find Danielle's address out of a phone book, she doesn't think the hunter would have much more difficulty. Amy debates with herself for a moment, then picks the receiver back up. It's possible Danielle went back home only because she thought she had nowhere else to go, what with Flat Face dumping her in the middle of the woods. Amy wants to let her know that, should she need a place to stay, she's ready to share hers. She had promised to help, after all.

You'll be putting Mike and Slick and Flat face in danger, too, but Flat Face can go straight to hell, and Mike, at least, seemed to have expected to find Danielle back in the flats, so... to hell with it. Amy takes a breath and dials again, preparing to be yelled at.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle's mother hugs Danielle back. She doesn't say anything, only holding Danielle, until the phone rings again. FOr a moment Melissa looks furious at the phone, but sees the caller id. "It's the same number. Do you know an Amy? Why is she calling this late?" She sounds sapped of energy and strength.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

She looked at the phone ringing, wanting to rip it from the wall, but forced herself to be calm, Amy might have a good reason she considered.

"She is a friend, she helped me last night", she said in a low voice, instantly regretting it ... she didn't know what the cops had said.

"Go to bed Mom, I know you must be wrecked tired, we can talk in the morning", dammit "or the evening I suppose. A night in watching bad movies might be cool", she smiled, and if there was no weirdness for a night it would be great.

"I will find out what she wants", and how she got this number, "she might just need to talk".

Waiting for her mother to leave the room she picked up the phone gingerly, "Hello", her voice taking a very sharp edge to it.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

"Hello?" It sounds a bit like Danielle's voice, thank God. Amy's own tone conveys quite a bit of relief as she goes on "Hi Danielle, it's Amy. I was worried about you. Are you... is everything all right?" Do you want me to come pick you up?

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

It was Amy, or at least is sounded like Amy, there was a long pause while she wanted to yell at her about the hour and waking her mother, she might have a reason still angry but she had to consider if her Mom was listening.

Relax she wants to see if you are ok, be happy ... think happy thoughts.

"Amy it is late, you woke my mom", there was a pause she couldn't have this conversation here, couldn't go some place public as Amy would have difficulty, somewhere within walking distance, dark, and with few people ... "listen Amy I think we might need to talk about last night", pausing oh my dear god as she caught the words I hope mom is not listening, "about what happened to us last night. We should talk", considering "do you know Hyde's park" it would be closed but you could get in through the trees, and it was large enough that most people would know it well enough and late enough that her own age group would be home from drinking - maybe, "if we meet at the playground in an hour we can talk", her tone was stiff throughout, "providing Mom doesn't stop me" she suspected her mother would slap her for this is she found out and she had never slapped her since she was very little and then only lightly, I would bloody deserve it to.

"That ok?".