New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    So are my two characters good? Should I condense the two into one post or change the profile format up any?
    Kiba's Shikai is...really wonky I think honestly. A situation Shikai is a little odd to begin with I think but further parsing it out to the phase of the moon makes it really complex in a Free Form game. Not sure how to fix it really. The powers don't look overpowered or anything.

Now it's your turn for me

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Kiba's Shikai is...really wonky I think honestly. A situation Shikai is a little odd to begin with I think but further parsing it out to the phase of the moon makes it really complex in a Free Form game. Not sure how to fix it really. The powers don't look overpowered or anything.

Now it's your turn for me

Yeah, now when I take a look at it, it does seem silly for an RP. I originally made this character for a different context and it made sense there. I'll probably remove the situational part.

And since you asked...

Character looks good. If I had to give any constructive criticism, it's that his Shikai seems kind of bland. Like you'd be better off just saying he doesn't have a Shikai yet and coming up with something else later. Right now it just seems like his Shikai is "+10 to Kido stat" or something. There are plenty of kido-based Zanpakuto, like Yumichika's for example.

Then again, that's just one opinion. There's nothing actually wrong with the way it is now.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Character looks good. If I had to give any constructive criticism, it's that his Shikai seems kind of bland. Like you'd be better off just saying he doesn't have a Shikai yet and coming up with something else later. Right now it just seems like his Shikai is "+10 to Kido stat" or something. There are plenty of kido-based Zanpakuto, like Yumichika's for example.

Then again, that's just one opinion. There's nothing actually wrong with the way it is now.
    I wanted to keep it rather simple and...a good way to say it would be bland I suppose. I wanted it to do something to Kido I've not seen done before and normally Shinigami can't delay or make their Kido faster. It happens when it's cast and moves at the speed it moves. So it was intended more...on how the power is used and not exactly how powerful the power is. Versatility is strength after all.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Would anyone have any problem with me playing one of my characters from the past Bleach RPs? And next question; Which one should I play? I can't decide...
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Could you post them here?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    Would anyone have any problem with me playing one of my characters from the past Bleach RPs? And next question; Which one should I play? I can't decide...
    Looking at them, I don't see a history on Higure, so I'm unsure of why he has a Zanpakuto when he's mortal. Otherwise, nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Nabaaru doesn't have any powers that are objection-worthy, mostly because I don't see any of his release forms on there. but playing an outcast/bandit character might not be good at least for the start of the RP. At this point I think there are only the shinigami faction, the hollow faction, and the independent mortals who I assume are about to be dragged into the war kicking and screaming.

EDIT: Switched up Kiba a bit. Removed the moon phase thing. Also gave him naturally heightened senses and a sense of smell that can distinguish reiatsu.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2012-09-07 at 09:39 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Could you post them here?
    They're all listed here.

Looking at them, I don't see a history on Higure, so I'm unsure of why he has a Zanpakuto when he's mortal. Otherwise, nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Nabaaru doesn't have any powers that are objection-worthy, mostly because I don't see any of his release forms on there. but playing an outcast/bandit character might not be good at least for the start of the RP. At this point I think there are only the shinigami faction, the hollow faction, and the independent mortals who I assume are about to be dragged into the war kicking and screaming.

EDIT: Switched up Kiba a bit. Removed the moon phase thing. Also gave him naturally heightened senses and a sense of smell that can distinguish reiatsu.
    What about Myojin? Too over-powered?

Higure; he's kind of an odd case, in that he inherited his zanpakuto. He doesn't really know what it is, to him it's just a weapon his grandfather used, and he now carries for protection. He's never fought hollows, although is capable, and has never met a shinigami(except possibly his grandfather, bit he doesn't know that).

Nabaaru: If I was to play him, I'd have to add to his history to get him into Seireitei. The world he was made for was before Seireitei existed, so he's essentially a precursor to Shinigami in general. I'd probably give him a shikai as well, but maybe not a bankai.

Also: Thanks for the input, guys!
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2012-09-07 at 04:15 PM.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Nabaaru, if he was as old as before the Shinigami, would be...really powerful. To powerful probably. There's no reason for him not to have a Bankai as he'd be a 1,000 year old spirit at the earliest if we consider this game to be in the present or near present. At that metric, he'd be to powerful for this game I imagine.

The other two...don't see bad at all really.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

BleachITP is back? I most surely would like to join, if I may. I completely missed this thread.

I am considering bringing back a reworked Alice from the Reborn game and making a mortal character. I am debating with myself whether to make the mortal a war veteran, a police officer or something less combat-trained. Any thoughts on that? ^_^

On the note of Alice: is it still a bad idea to have non-Japanese characters? Alice was partically based on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, so I was considering making this incarnation British. It would be no problem to stick to Japanese origins, however.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alright, here's my first character submission.

Jehoel Yurius
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6'
    Weight: 173 ibs.
    Side: Hueco Mundo
    Aspect of Death: Drowning
    Reiatsu: Feels like the crushing depths of the ocean.

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

Jehoel is a tall, composed man. He has skin that appears to be lightly tanned, but which is otherwise smooth, unmarked by scars and blemishes often accumulated by warriors. He has a regally featured, non-expressive face, his eyes a deep blue in color. His mask fragment is a collar of bone with gill designs on each side. Jehoel dresses in simple black clothing that appears to be made of smooth, high-quality leather. He also wears a pair of bracers over his sleeves. Jehoel's Hollow Hole runs through the center of his collarbone.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show

Jehoel is a quiet, apathetic individual. He seems to have little interest in the world around him, and is rarely an active participant in the war; his appearances are usually very brief and almost half-hearted, but highly destructive nonetheless. Jehoel behaves with an extremely casual, unthinking arrogance; he treats all with a patronizing respect born of utter superiority. Above all, Jehoel simply seems bored; his actions are without purpose, and are taken for arbitrary reasons. To Jehoel, nothing is interesting or important, and he regards sentient life with no more respect than that of a fly.

Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show

Jehoel is monstrously powerful. Under normal circumstances, he keeps his power tightly suppressed, but even that cannot completely hide it; it pushes against the minds of any in his presence, a soft, almost unidentifiable feeling. When he releases his control, however, his Reiatsu pours out like a flood. Being near an unrestrained Jehoel is almost unbearable; those with low power will literally begin drowning in his reiatsu. His power is suffocating and unpleasant for even the strongest individuals, however. Any area coated in Jehoel's reiatsu begins to slowly grow slick and wet.

Jehoel is expertly capable in all of the universal abilities available to Arrancar. He can rapidly fire relatively weak Bala, or more slowly launch more powerful and penetrative blasts. Cero is an area of specialization for Jehoel; his Ceros are extremely powerful, and he can use a number of variations of them. Jehoel's Hierro is average for his level of power, but this is still immensely difficult to pierce for all but the strongest. Jehoel's Pesquisa is another area of great skill for him; he can acquire extremely accurate impressions of spiritual power sources in a large area around him, and can even use it to generate a sonar-like effect. Jehoel's Descorrer is functional. Finally, Jehoel's Sonído doesn't have immense range, but is extremely fast and he can move agilely during the transition.

Jehoel is an ancient Hollow, and thus is highly skilled at combat. He is highly skilled at hand-to-hand fighting, his preferred form of attack in his sealed form. As a Vasto Lorde, Jehoel has immense physical capabilities. Jehoel's greatest weakness is his arrogance; he has not faced a serious enemy in so long, an opponent who actually posed a threat could inflict a serious injury before Jehoel realized he was in danger.

Finally, in areas with variable weather, the sky will soon grow overcast in any area Jehoel is in.

Zanpakuto
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Leviatán
    Release Command: "Rise."
    Appearance: Leviatán is a short, curved knife of darkened steel and a mahogany hilt. It is not a weapon, instead bearing more resemblance to a fisherman's gutting knife.

Resurrección
    Spoiler
    Show

When Jehoel releases, he grows to titanic proportions, the size of a large building. His body becomes elongated and serpentine, and becomes covered in thick, dark blue scales, except for the smooth, rubbery skin of his underbelly. On each side of his body, there is a massive, turquoise fin. These fins are usually tucked tightly against his body, making them nearly invisible. The fins can also double as wings, but Jehoel's flight is slow and clumsy. Down his back, Jehoel has a large frill the same color as his fins. Jehoel also has a massive mouth filled with curving fangs.

While released, Jehoel gains immense physical strength and endurance. His great size also makes him difficult to injure through most means, as many types of damage cannot reach vital organs. Despite his bulk, Jehoel is also surprisingly fast on land.

Jehoel's natural environment, however, is the water. When released, torrents of water pour from the gaps between Jehoel's scales, quickly flooding his surroundings. These streams can be cut off or intensified into high pressure streams at will. Jehoel can also release powerful blasts of water from his mouth. Combined with the massive damage he inflicts on the ground through fighting, he can usually gouge a small lake into place underneath him.

As well as the water from his body, Jehoel's usual effect on the weather is intensified when he releases. Overcast skies become thick clouds and create a massive, torrential downpour. After a while, lightning also begins to fall from the sky. Jehoel has no direct control over this, and can even be struck by the lightning itself, although it is not powerful enough to damage him under normal circumstances.

Aguacero: To use this attack, Jehoel charges a Cero, then launches it into the sky above. The clouds absorb the Cero and begin glowing, before dozens of smaller Ceros rain from above for several seconds.

Segunda Etapa
    Spoiler
    Show

Centuries of experience have allowed Jehoel to unlock the ultimate form of Hollow power, Segunda Etapa. When triggered, Jehoel returns to a state very similar to his sealed form, with a generally humanoid body and appearance. Additionally, the sky completely clears of clouds, the storm created by his Resurrección vanishing just as it appeared.

Jehoel's skin remains a deep blue, and is very rough, similar to a shark's. His teeth remain razor sharp. His neck has gills on each side, mirroring his mask fragment. In Segunda Etapa, Jehoel is amphibious. Jehoel has no hair in this form; instead, a frill similar to that of his Resurrección goes from the top of his forehead to his tailbone. Smooth, bony armor encircles Jehoel's forearms and shins. His hands and feet are both replaced with webbed claws. A long, sharp fin emerges from each of his forearms. These fins are very hard and difficult to damage, allowing them to be used as weapons in addition to use for swimming. Finally, in Segunda Etapa Jehoel grows a long, flexible, and strong tail with a small fin at the end.

In Segunda Etapa, Jehoel's abilities are similar to those of his human form, but far more powerful. His physical strength, speed, and endurance also exceed those of his Resurrección. While in Segunda Etapa, Jehoel gains the ability to control and generate water. He can also reinforce water with his reiatsu, allowing him to alter its properties, such as making it stronger or more viscous.
    Bala Agua: While not a true derivative of Bala, the technique is quite similar, which is where it derives its name. Small drips of water appear at Jehoel's fingertips, which he then hardens and launches at his enemy at high speeds.
    Cero Marejada: After charging a Cero normally, Jehoel can instead combine it with a wave of water from his body to create a tidal wave infused with the power of his Cero.
    Látigo del Océano Rey: This technique creates a stream of concentrated, extremely high pressure water. Due to the extraordinarily high pressure and thinness, the water stream is capable of cutting through most obstructions.

If there are concerns, please let me know. And before this becomes a concern, no, he isn't going to be fighting much, if at all.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2012-09-08 at 10:30 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

11. - Top - End - #41

I kinda wanna bring Sora back. You know the one; Sora Namikaze, from BiTP:R. Dorizzit, what do you think?

Also, I love Jehoel. The Arrancar are supposed to be better than the Shinigami - what with their whole 'preparing for war' and everything.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    I kinda wanna bring Sora back. You know the one; Sora Namikaze, from BiTP:R. Dorizzit, what do you think?
    I think that could definitely work. Sora might actually fit into this game a bit better than R1.

Also, I love Jehoel. The Arrancar are supposed to be better than the Shinigami - what with their whole 'preparing for war' and everything.
    I'm glad to hear it.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Segunda Etapa is still...a bit much I think. It puts anyone who has it far out of reach from anyone that's going to be in Soul Society since Bankai are supposed to be super rare.

14. - Top - End - #44

The Hollows have been preparing. Quite a few of them will have Segunda Etapa most likely, because they were ready. You are not.

Don't worry, I'm making the Captain-Commander. She has a pretty decent Shikai.

Besides, this is Bleach. Use the bonds of your companions, and overpower all the odds...!

Break through their strength with the strength of your friends- and never give up!

UWOOOOOO

15. - Top - End - #45

Shiki, Sora (Last Name, First Name) - Student and Living Arrancar
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5'10"
    Weight: approx. 165 lbs.
    Reiatsu: A strange sense of dark power rushes over you, filling you with an exhilaration.
    Known Affiliation: Students, Kendo Club.

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sora looks remarkably androgynous for a teenage boy, what with his soft features and understanding eyes. He often covers one of his left eye with his cobalt hair, leaving a remarkable contrast between the blood red eye and his hair. His other eye is a light gray, and is covered because it is useless. However, Sora dyes his hair so often he can't really remember the original color, at least, he prefers to think so. He knows it was cobalt. He liked and hated cobalt. He usually wears the regular school uniform, albeit with a blazer at pretty much a constant rate. He's usually seen with headphones on his ears, drawing something in a sketchbook. He wears a few pins on his blazer, one a black hourglass on white, the other looking similar to a rectangular medal - colored gold and red. He prefers to vaguely tie a bow tie then wear one of those blasted ties.

Sora's regular outfit consists of a dark jacket, with six buttons in two rows, that he usually wears closed, and a pair of jeans. Underneath the jacket is a plain red and white half-sleeve sweater, with the symbol of a black skull with a jagged end, and slitted white eyes.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sora's life was fairly good when he was young. He had a good home, a loving family, and a wonderful little sister. His parents worked as musicians almost full time, and were well known, enough so to be known as the "Shiki Duo".

Until he turned ten. When Sora was ten, his sister was kidnapped before his very eyes, or eye, as he lost his left one, the one covered by his hair when the kidnapper shot him in it. He survived, albeit with the loss of his eye and eyesight in that eye. Sora's parents drove themselves deeper into their work, trying to distract themselves from their lost daughter, and ignoring their remaining son. It continued for some time, until one day when Sora was twelve, when his parents died. He can't remember anything from that day anymore, and hates to think about it.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sora has been an enigma to virtually everyone around him. Very few see through his facade of callousness. Sora is cynical. He hates people with a fiery passion, one that he puts far more effort into then anything else he does. He's virtually a sociopath, and rarely cares about anything around him. However, Sora does have a kinder side. It was from when he was younger, and his sister was alive.

Zanpakuto: - Amoracchius and Meciel.
    Spoiler
    Show

Unreleased Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sora's two swords take two distinct appearances - Amoracchius is a 33.5 inch hand and a half sword, which can be used to manipulate a silver flame that the blade creates, and Meciel, which is more of a short sword, and allows him to manipulate his Partial Resurreccion abilities to a much greater extent. Sora can only wield one of these at a time, most likely due to the conflicted nature of his Zanpakuto, and prefers Meciel due to the useful nature of his Partial Resurreccion.

Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show

A single room, colored violet. The room plays a scratched record consistently, and looks like a lounge.

Zanpakuto Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Amoracchius:
    Spoiler
    Show

Personality:

While originally a calm and collected spirit, Amoracchius was forever trapped in the memories of Sora's younger sister, and grew attached to her form and personality. She is now a bubbly, chipper spirit, curious about any and everything.

Appearance:

A small, cobalt-haired girl, about seven, with a pair of flaming wings.

Meciel:
    Spoiler
    Show

Personality:

The complete opposite of Amoracchius, Meciel eyes Sora's reluctance to accept his powers with disdain, and urges him to cease this foolishness and accept who he is, and enjoys tempting Sora in various ways.

Appearance:

Meciel is a tall, shapely brunette woman, with bright silver eyes, who wears a simple white dress that accentuates her body well.

Resurrecion:
    Spoiler
    Show

Release Command: "Forged in fire, Amoracchius; and wrought in bone, Meciel!"

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sora's Resurreccion adds his mask fragment, which covers his entire jaw, and a pair of ashen bone wings to his back. He gains a scaled, slim tail that can be used to great effect to slice and destroy his foes, as well as a set of sharp, powerful claws. Sora does not get any real 'abilities' from his Resurreccion, and only becomes far more skilled at the manipulation of silver fire that Amoracchius grants him, as well as being much more adept at using his natural talents.

General Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sonido: Sora is still learning how to use it, as he moves incredibly fast when he does so, but rarely goes where he wants to.
    Cero: Sora's cero is emitted from his hand, and it seems to crackle and twist around his arm before he fires it off.
    Hierro: His Hierro is far better than the rest of his abilities, and he can block low-mid grade attacks with it.
    Bala: He's competent enough with Bala to use it with semi-consistency.
    Garganta: Sora has had no need for Garganta as of yet.
    Partial Resurreccion: Thanks to his half-dead nature, Sora can partially transform parts of his body into his Resurreccion, allowing for a much wider range of abilities during combat.
    Silver Fires of the Deep: Amoracchius grants Sora the skill to manipulate fire, and allows him to skillfully use it to great effect in combat, ranging from small fires to creating birds of flame to shoot at an enemy.

Also, let's kick this off with a bang.

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, here is your leader.

Death
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: Average.
    Weight: "Ahahaha! Yeah, that's some private information."
    Reiatsu: The impassable and inevitability of existence falling down on you.

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Death does not wish to rule. She wishes to watch.

That is not allowed.

Death left Seireitei almost immediately after gaining her Zanpakuto, preferring to lurk outside of the Soul Society entirely, living as a hermit. She was who those who lived outside went to when they were worried, she was who they called when they were sick.

Her Zanpakuto had been fairly quiet for most of the time since she left. One day, she roared her fury, and demanded that she return.

She refused.

It hurt so much, she just wanted the pain to end, and oh god make it stop make it stop she would not break she would never break

The pain ended.

She was in a sea of blood. An endless sea of blood, that welled up to her thighs.

The Scarlet Garden never recovered from that attack.

Her Zanpakuto said it again, more politely. Go.

She refused.

The pain returned, and she rode it like a wave, even as blood ran from her eyes and her mouth opened in endless agony and the pain it was so bad why did her sword do this how did it do this go away no no no no no no

She awoke in front of the Gate, and it opened for her. The Shinigami rejoiced to see her; all the Captains were gone, and she was the new Commander by default.

They offered her her old outfit.

She refused.

They gave it to her anyway.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She is pleasant, down-to-earth, and perky. Death and her Zanpakuto have a terrible relationship, often refusing to speak to each other out of principle, and detest the other's very presence.

Zanpakuto: - Izanami-no-Mikoto.
    Spoiler
    Show

Unreleased Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She is the average katana, albeit slightly longer, with a blade as black as night. The hilt is simplistic, but the entire sword is covered in a muted black cloth, which is attached on a chain to the end of the sword.

Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show

A graveyard, with graves lining on both sides up to a set of steps. The steps climb high, high onto a hill, at the top of which is a throne of skulls and swords.

The throne of Izanami-no-Mikoto.

Zanpakuto Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Izanami-no-Mikoto:
    Spoiler
    Show

Personality:

Cold as ice, Izanami despises Death with every fiber of her being. She is the goddess of death and life itself - how dare she, how dare she be imprisoned in a simple blade?!

Izanami often refuses to acknowledge Death as her proper wielder, forcing the girl through a variety of tests and trials before allowing her to utilize even the weapon's minor powers.

Appearance:

A black kimono with a white sash covers her body, and she has long flowing raven black hair, with violet eyes as cold as the steel she resides in. With skin pale as snow, and lips red as blood, Izanami is the picture of female beauty, and yet she exudes deadliness, daring any to challenge her.

Death rarely dares.

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

Release Command: "This world is made of death and decay, Izanami."

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A large scythe, with a vicious curved edge and spikes running along the top. Even the length is vicious - black with a pointed spine at the end and devilishly curved and pointed. Death only knows where to hold it out of habit, as Izanami refuses to tell her how to properly do it.
    Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Deathwalk: Death can use the scythe to cut through reality, and walk through the gaps in between shadows. She can only move from shadow to shadow within around 100 meters.

Death Scythe: Death's scythe arcs viciously in a circle, creating a whirlwind of black energy that flies towards her opponents.

Deathcall: Death can call up to eight minor Hollows to her aid, and bind them to her will. They are released if she loses concentration, or is distracted for even a second.

Death's Gaze: Death's very presence, her very gaze sends shivers down her opponents spine. If they are weak-willed, they are unable to move, forever trapped by Death's look as she approaches, her scythe trailing behind her, and cuts them in half.

Bankai:
    Spoiler
    Show

Release Command: "Ban Kai, Izanami-no-Mikoto."

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Death's scythe remains, but she gains a cloak, which is like a wisp in the wind, elegant and pointed. The hood curves over her face, hiding her eyes, and it has a trail like smoke. The cloak covers her entire body, and at the ends it trails, all sharp lines and jagged edges. She gains a ring on her right finger with a pebble inside of it, and her eyes glow with burning power.
    Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

All of her Shikai's abilities are enhanced. Death also gains a variety of new skills.

Disappear: Death can vanish, her cloak temporarily turning her invisible for as long as she remains still and moves slowly. She cannot attack while she is invisible.

Deathroar: Death lets out a shrieking cry that frightens opponents, as well as damaging them with her reiatsu.

Deathcall; Einz: Death can call for aid from Izanami's three assistants. This calls the first one, Einz. Einz is the classic personification of Death, a Grim Reaper with a skull and cloak, who wields a massive scythe. Einz is a jack of all trades, able to attack with dark blasts from his scythe or duel up close with it. Einz vanishes if Death loses concentration. She cannot utilize this at the same time as her normal deathcall.

Deathcall; Zwei: Death can call for aid from Izanami's three assistants. This calls the second one, Zwei. Zwei is a lithe, beautiful girl with a short cut of red hair and blood red eyes and lips. She wears a tight set of clothing, skin tight black pants and a skin tight black tank top, but no shoes. Zwei is quick and a master of close-combat, able to fight with either a set of lethal looking daggers, or her fists. Zwei vanishes if Death loses concentration. She cannot utilize this at the same time as her normal deathcall.

Deathcall; Drei: Death can call for aid from Izanami's three assistants. This calls the third one, Drei. Drei is a stoic, silent man and is a master of long-range combat. He wears a simple black and white tuxedo, with a head of crisply cut black hair and black eyes. He can attack with a wide variety of Kido. Drei vanishes if Death loses concentration. She cannot utilize this at the same time as her normal deathcall.

Death Blitz: Death's scythe emits an enormous amount of power, creating a massive scythe of arcing black energy that she can hammer down into her opponent.

General Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanjutsu: Death is very impressive with her sword, and even more-so with her scythe. She uses a complex combination of wide and short slashes with stabs to fight her opponents.

Hoho: Death is decent at Hoho.

Hakuda: Death is below average at Hakuda, as she dislikes direct contact with the enemy, preferring to simply stab or cut them into pieces.

Kido: Death is proficient with kido, able of utilizing a large variety of hados, bakudos, and Wu Weis up to level 75, but only able to use up to 45 without a chant. She favors fire and blood based kido.

Aura of Misery: Death's reiatsu injects misery and hopelessness into those who it covers.

Skin of Iron: Death's reiatsu is incredibly dense, and she keeps it close to her body to prevent its effects from harming her allies most of the time. It coats her body in a layer of remarkable protection, and is fairly hard to break through.

I'm pretty pleased with Death.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-09-09 at 01:19 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

The Sixth Division: Reposted below!
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-09 at 06:37 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Isn't the sixth division the one renowned for nepotism?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

In canon? Yes I think? I wanted to do something different. The Berserkers to the Second's Ninja. The men and women of Soul Society who have been bred on the wars in a way the 11th isn't. They are the passion and fury of living life on the edge every second. Nothing is done part way in the Sixth if it's worth doing.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Terry and Dorizzit, your characters look really cool. Jehoel looks downright frightening.

Next, I think you're right about Nabaaru, Tebryn, so right now I'm thinking I'll play my characters from the Reborn series. I've reworked them a little, And I'm pretty happy with them. A note, though; Currently Myojin is the 10th Division's VC, but I'm not married to that. I made him to be a VC, but the Division doesn't matter. Ok, here are my slightly reworked characters.

Myojin, Shinigami

Higure, Mortal

Azmus, Arrancar

Any problems?

Also, Tebryn, I like your take on the Sixth Division. Looks pretty cool.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2012-09-09 at 06:36 PM.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Yasunobu Sawada, “Kurohime"
    Height: 5‘2‘’
    Weight: 97 lb
    Side: Soul Society, Vice Captain of the Sixth

Appearance: A rather effeminate young man, Yasunobu Sawada dresses in rather traditional fare for Shinigami though does his level best to dress down to more simple fair when ever the option is provided. He keeps his hair grown past his ears, pulled back into a topknot while his bangs frame his face.

Personality: Yasunobu Sawada is a quiet sort, easily distracted by technology or architecture which has given him a reputation as an airhead. Yasunobu Sawada is well respected in his Division even though he is often left on the sidelines due to his outer appearance and attitude. Despite this however, Sawada is almost gleeful in battle even going out of his way to combat stronger opponents before giving the credit to others around himself to keep up appearances.

Abilities: Predictably with his slim frame, Yasunobu Sawada is rather poor in hand to hand combat with only passing skill with shunpo, easily getting from place to place but not a speedster in any sense of the word. Sawada is also known to be quite poor with his sword techniques, rarely drawing his blade even in heavy combat, marking his swordsmanship as easily his worst skill. Sawada’s true skills lie in both his tactical understanding of his surroundings as well as his knack for kido. Sawada is also known to possess a great deal of spiritual energy.

Zanpakuto

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Kidō-chō

Appearance: Kidō-chō is a full time release form Zanpakuto, it's original form a simple kunai.

Shikai: Sawada’s eyes are dominated by a pair of mitsudomoe interposed over his eyes. The true power of Sawada’s Shikai however is it’s effects on his kido, allowing him to delay or speed up kido spells. Sawada can control the size and shape of his Kido even beyond the ability of regular Shinigami, even multiplying the number of effects up to a maximum of three. In addition, Sawada's shikai grants him superior vision and reaction time.

Bankai: Kidō Ryū- Sawada's mitsudomoe gain three smaller tomoe.

Inner World: The Inner World of Kidō-chō is a small island in an ocean of darkness. A single shrine sits at the center of the island.

Zanpakuto Spirit: Kidō-chō appears as small though brightly feathered bird that sleeps in the shrine of it's island. It's true form is a massive bird that acts as the worlds Sun and Moon.

The Sixth Division

Spoiler
    Show
    The Sixth Division has always had a reputation of loyal warriors, rowdy parties and a bent for the unusual in every aspect of their Division Life. Names of the Sixth Division Captains are well know for even if one holds the title of Captain through Soul Society, within the Sixth one must die in battle against overwhelming odds to be considered a true Captain. Such standards take their toll on those who follow such rules, the Sixth suffering the highest casualty rate of any single Division as well as the longest period of time without an acting Captain owing to strict laws within the Division for even electing a leader for their Division. It is said that one can always tell a member of the Sixth for their lack of manners, bare and dirty feet and loud laughter that follows when ever there is more than a group of three about. Women are more common in the Division then men and though they prize warriors over all other walks of life, Kido is well practiced and well regarded. The Division members are often referred to as Warrior Poets and Berserkers, two sides of the warrior coin. Due to their warrior spirit, the Sixth enjoys a rivalry with the 11th Division and since time immemorial the Captains of the Sixth and 11th have been almost bound by fate to be close and fast friends regardless of the age. Along with this rivalry the Sixth have held a constant streak of independence through out their Division since the very first Captain and are loyal only to the current Captain Commander. Thus, nobles are unwelcome almost completely within the Division and the Division will take no members of the Noble Class into their ranks.

Competition is a major part of the Division, the life of the Sixth on and off the battlefield run by only the best. On the field, the Sixth Division constantly cry out their kill count, collect trophies and wildly fight against back up at any cost. Off the field the Sixth hold nightly festivals where music, poetry and dancing are common. Bragging is another staple of these festivals, members of the Division making tall tales of their exploits to the wider audience, part play and part stand up comedy with each competitor trying to one up the previous contestant. These nightly festivals are open to all members of Soul Society save for nobles, who are loudly ejected should any turn up though the purpose is two fold. One cannot take the fight out of the warrior and though the nights away from death and devastation are marked by heavy partying, loud music and food the constant fear of fights run through every event most often between drunken members of the Sixth and 11th Division. These fights turn the festivals into boxing matches, even if other Divisions or Festival enjoyers are swift to move away, the Sixth Division is swift to swoop in and set up a wall of bodies to let the combatants continue until the fight is over or death is imminent.

The Division Grounds

The Sixth Division Grounds within Soul Society is one of the smallest of any Division, a single main building sitting in the middle of the otherwise unworked forests and well maintained gardens. Tent barracks are the most common form of building in the Sixth Division, always a step away from being torn down in a moments notice. The Division Grounds of the Sixth are exactly what one could expect from a group of people always on the field of battle.

Division Make up

The Captain:

The Vice Captain: Yasunobu Sawada

Fangs of the Dragon: Said to be named after the first Captain of the Divisions Bankai, the Fangs of the Dragon are the numbered members of the Sixth Division, running from the third to the sixteenth. Members of the Fangs are denoted by a their wild clothing, often torn and left un-repaired from previous fights.

The Masses: The un-numbered members of the Division and arguably the most violent and boisterous of the Sixth Division. The Masses unlike the rest of the Division fight en mass in mob tactics, punching and kicking enemies down until the weight of the Masses crush foes under foot.

Penitent Squads: Owing to their massive casualty rates, the Sixth have traditionally granted criminals their freedom on the condition that they fight in the Sixth Division until death. These men and women are forever marked in by an ancient Kido in rituals the Sixth hold secret. These ancient spells bind each member of the Penitent’s reiatsu, only released when the Division is ready for battle. Strong rules and generations of precedent keep the Squads from running amuck, a single crime committed dooms the entire squad back to the prisons and Maggots Nest for life. However, members of the Penitent Squad are encouraged to join the Division in their various festivals and games.

Notable Bits about the Sixth Division

The Long House: The central building of the Sixth Division Grounds, the Long House is the dining hall for all members of the Division and is open to the public regardless of class or age. Even nobles are allowed in the Long House though if they expect to be treated differently they are always in for a often times humiliating surprise. The upper floors of the Long House hold offices for the Captain and Vice Captain but they are cramped affairs.

The Graves of Cicada: The Gravestones of all previous Sixth Division Captains, each having fallen in battle against Hollows. Those Captains who have passed without incident are not granted a headstone, their names written on the floor of the Graves of Cicada so they can be stepped on for their lack of worth to the Division and to Soul Society.

Bob will be making the Captain for my Division though I suspect he's already passed away.

Reposted my character and the Division together. Added a bankai and other information for Sawada.

Also, Tebryn, I like your take on the Sixth Division. Looks pretty cool.
    Thanks! A better way to put them is that one dude you know in college who always shows up anywhere looking like he just woke up in a ditch, turns even the smallest get together into a loud party, drinks twenty beers before belting out his own rendition of Free Bird, downs at least half the food at the entire party, gets into a fight with the coat rack and then ends his night passed out in your tub naked with a bottle of mayo in one hand and your terrified cat in the other.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-11 at 04:02 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Bob will be making the Captain for my Division though I suspect he's already passed away.
    Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

6th Captain is coming. Mostly was waiting for a write-up, which is good because the previous Captain-concept I had was a peaceful intellectual type, and THAT'S not going to work.

Don't worry, I already have something else in mind, and I have to do a write-up for 11th Squad as well, though I can already say that 11th Squad will be very similar to the canon.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.
    Oh you.

6th Captain is coming. Mostly was waiting for a write-up, which is good because the previous Captain-concept I had was a peaceful intellectual type, and THAT'S not going to work.
    Well, Sawada is designed like that for most intents and purposes. He's still got the "Run out and kill" aspect going on for him though. A bit more of a quantified run down of his abilities

Hohō: 4/10
    Zanjutsu: 1/10
    Hakuda: 1/10
    Kido: 9/10
    Reiryoku: Vast Spiritual Energy

Don't worry, I already have something else in mind, and I have to do a write-up for 11th Squad as well, though I can already say that 11th Squad will be very similar to the canon.
    I've got some stuff on him already but I'lll hold off till you're done with the 11th Write up.

Now if we can only get the rest of the people to put up characters.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-09 at 07:57 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

11th Division

The 11th Division has a reputation as a crowd of outlaws and vagabonds, and one that's well-deserved. 11th Division is for those who excel at nothing but fighting. Many Shinigami just starting out in the ranks find themselves here, either because they haven't developed any specific talents or proficiencies yet, or because they're eager to get in on the action soon. Kido and anything but straightforward physical Zanpakuto, while not explicitly banned, are silently frowned upon, as it's sort of an unwritten rule to always fight without what the 11th Division refers to as "cheap tricks."

Despite their reputation as a wild pack of outlaws, when it comes time to go to war, everyone looks to the 11th Division to lead the charge. The members are always eager to join the front line, and they are very good at what they do. They have a surprisingly low casualty rate, and even though they seem disorganized and bloodthirsty, the Captain and seated members are actually either skilled or intuitive in combat tactics, able to organize charges and retreats with the most efficiency. Their tactics are ideal for minimizing casualties even in the face of a stronger opponent, and even if the grunts would throw their lives away needlessly, the Captain and seated officers command retreats often, and even the greenest of grunts know better than to disregard those orders.

Women are rare within the division. The 11th Division is very much a boys' club of drunken frat boys, and most women who'd be able to stomach the environment and put up with the harassment would much rather join the 6th Division which is much more open. Although there are exceptions of both genders on either side, the rivalry between the two warrior divisions has earned 11th Division the somewhat derogatory nickname of "the boys' locker room" and the 6th Division "the girls' locker room." The two captains despite this rivalry share a friendship that's lasted longer than any of the squad members can remember, and there are regular cross-division festivals and tournaments held between the two, though ever since Kiba's taken over as Vice-Captain, cross-division training sessions are rare.

The most important aspect of the 11th Division is loyalty. No matter what they may seem like off the field, the 11th Division is built on comradery and respect for strength. Each member would gladly die for their fellow 11th Squad members, and the Captain and Vice-Captain positions are something to be idolized and coveted. To be insubordinate is seen as a direct challenge to your superior, and direct challenges are met with battle. The seated officer ranks change often and promotions and demotions are common because all one has to do to usurp the seat above them is to beat them in recognized combat (once again, no "cheap tricks"). Only the Vice-Captain is allowed to challenge the Captain, which is rare in itself because of the sheer disparity in power between the lieutenant class and the captain class, and no one tries to challenge the current Vice-Captain because he regularly fights the entire 11th Division at once in training, and hasn't come close to losing yet. To disobey a direct order from a higher rank in the division during wartime is grounds for immediate dismissal. Kiba regularly "challenges" the Captain with a straight-up fight, which the Captain refers to as his regular workout since Kiba always gets curb-stomped.

The 11th Division grounds are a large set of training grounds, obstacle courses, and bunk beds with few amenities other than a mess hall. Most of the buildings are run-down and falling apart with the exception of the captain's quarters which is always immaculate. The Vice-Captain's quarters sit unused, as Kiba prefers to either sleep on one of the rooftops or underneath a random awning when it's precipitating.

Captain: Kenpachi Osuma ((more info pending on Tebryn))

Vice-Captain: Kiba - Kiba became the Vice-Captain unofficially when the previous Vice-Captain was killed in battle. Someone else was scheduled to take the position, someone more proficient in the bureaucratic aspects of the position. Said someone tried to give Kiba an order as a superior. Said someone spent several weeks in the medical ward before requesting a transfer to a different squad. No one else dared to take the position afterward, leaving Kiba the position by default. Only taking orders from his captain, the man who took him in and trained the beast out of him in the first place, He's rough on his subordinates, and trains them hard every day. The "training" actually consists of Kiba fighting the entire squad at once with his bare hands, the squad allowed to use anything that isn't considered a "cheap trick" like Kido or illusion-based Zanpakuto. Usually Kiba only seriously injures about a half-dozen members in the process.

Seated Officers - The Seated Officers change regularly, as all one needs for a promotion or to usurp a current seat is to defeat that officer in single, fair combat. No "cheap tricks" are allowed, and a witness must be present. While the official numbered seats are mostly unknown to everyone else for this reason, the Seated Officers proudly boast which seat they currently are as they're basically titles of 3rd-strongest, 4th-strongest, etc. in the 11th Division.

Grunts - The unseated officers are treated as military grunts. They are trained to their physical peak every day. Obstacle courses, sparring matches, endurance training, everything one could think of. The stress from such work causes many new recruits to quit or request transfer as soon as possible, but those that stay become part of a deep comraderie within the unit. They'll stand up for one another in mob force, they'll never leave a man behind in combat, and anyone who does fall in battle gets a hero's funeral. Many of the Grunts joined because the current Captain was and is an idol to them.

Road to Hell - The Road to Hell is the name of an obstacle course that's been added to since the forming of the division. It's a long and trying endurance run that one needs to be in absolute peak physical condition to attempt. Some Captains can't even complete it. Any possible obstacle one could think of and more is part of the course, and only Seated Officers in the 11th Division have been able to even complete it. In fact, when there's a vacancy in the Seats, a Grunt can try to get promoted by attempting the course, but it has a less than 1 percent success rate. Every Captain and Seated Officer since the formation of the squad has added a new obstacle to the course.

((Tebryn's making the captain.))
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2012-09-10 at 10:28 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54

Woah there, Tebryn are you running two divisions?

Because if so, I'm gonna have to ask you to pick one and stick to it - two divisions is too much power for one guy.

EDIT: Ah, Bob is playing the Captain of Six and Tebryn is Captain of Eleven.

I only am now confused why you wrote each other's write ups.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-09-10 at 04:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Because if so, I'm gonna have to ask you to pick one and stick to it - two divisions is too much power for one guy.

EDIT: Ah, Bob is playing the Captain of Six and Tebryn is Captain of Eleven.

I only am now confused why you wrote each other's write ups.
    Because Tebryn had a vice-captain for the 6th made and I had vice-captain for the 11th made and since we already had ideas in mind for the squads themselves, we just made each others' Captains after the write-ups had been posted.

It'd be silly for us to play as the entire division.

EDIT: Speaking of which:

Name: Kaizoku Mizuki
    Age: "DON'T YE BE ASKIN' A LADIES' AGE YE SCURVY DOGS!" (It's actually around the late 200's, early 300's given her former life history.)

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She's a fairly tall woman at 6'0'' with long blonde locks of hair. Beautiful, but in a rugged, battle-hardened, amazonian sort of way. She wears the traditional captain's uniform, but cut in such a way to allow her more freedom of movement, and in such a way that the more conservative of Soul Society might call her attire out as scandalous, and not just because the cut of her uniform shows off her curves very well. She always wears an eyepatch as well as a prosthetic arm and an iron peg leg.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mizuki is loud and boisterous. She works hard, fights hard, and plays hard. She is every bit the stereotype she appears to be and is proud of it. She often takes a hands-on approach in training her subordinates, not just in combat, but day-to-day operations, maintenance, and the various other shinigami techniques. She doesn't judge anyone by their past or their rank or title, but by their merits. She'll accept convicted prisoners into her ranks if they prove themselves, and she often gets into conflict with other captains if she hasn't found a reason to respect them yet. She takes to many of her duties as captain of a Soul Society squad reluctantly, but accomplishes them nontheless.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In life Mizuki was a feared pirate captain off the Japanese coast until she met her end at the executioners' block. Her superstition in life caused her to research and recognize her circumstances in death. She was said to have been able to see ghosts and evil spirits while she was alive, and she could, often fighting hollows that plagued her ship, but fighting invisible monsters convinced her crew she was mad, but that kind of works out when you're a notorious pirate captain. In death, Mizuki was too restless to simply take to peaceful life. She originally joined Seireitei under the 11th Squad, becoming the first woman to do so. While it was an uphill battle fighting her way up the ranks in a boys' club, she eventually worked her way to Vice-Captain under Kenpachi Osuma before accepting a position as Captain of the 6th Squad. Under her command, she made quite a few changes to the 6th Squad, making it what it is today. She and Osuma share regular sparring matches, but the only time she ever wins is when Osuma goes easy on her, which pisses Mizuki off to no end. There are rumors they were once an item, but uttering those rumors in front of Mizuki results in a swift keelhauling, whatever that means.

Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Samehada - Samehada's unreleased form is a sort of cross between a katana and a European cutlass. Samehada's spirit world is deep underwater, like the bottom of the ocean, except there is no bottom and no surface, just water. A single waterlogged ship is where Mizuki stands when she visits the spirit world. Samehada himself is a giant sea monster, a shark far bigger than anything that exists in modern times.
    Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Weigh Anchor, Samehada!" - Samehada becomes a giant 6-foot anchor on the end of a long, thick iron chain. One of its properties is despite the anchor seemingly weighing several tons, or at least far more than one would expect even a giant anchor to weigh, to Mizuki it might as well be weightless. She can twirl it on the chain, throw it, retract it, and wield it with ease. Samehada's primary ability is that for everyone but Mizuki it's impossibly heavy, making it a devastating weapon especially when Mizuki uses it as a flail. Anyone who attempts to block or deflect it is in for a nasty surprise when they find out just how much force is behind even a regular strike. Mizuki is particularly skilled at wrapping a target with the chain and anchor and keeping it pinned down. Even giant superstrong hollows like Menos Grande are completely pinned down by the anchor and chain.

Bankai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Name Pending))
    Samehada becomes a giant galleon made of metal and bone, its figurehead a giant skeleton with a scythe. It has six cannon ports on both sides and four cannon ports on the front. It sails through the air on its own power, with Mizuki standing on the deck. Each of the cannons can fire numerous blasts not unlike Ceros but lacking any of the hollow properties. The cannons can continue to fire energy blasts without needing to be manned or reloaded. The figurehead can move on its own accord, slashing with the giant scythe anything that comes close. If anyone or anything manages to get on board the ship, they're in for another nasty surprise, as Mizuki can warp the wood, manipulate the rigging, form additional cannons, and control the entire ship at will. She still has her blade in its original form as well to fight here. The major weakness of this bankai is that it isn't as effective against small, single targets, but it can destroy large swathes of hollows quickly, and it's great for taking on larger hollows as well.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Being a combat-favoring captain, Mizuki is highly skilled in Zanjutsu, Hakuda, and Shunpo, and while she's not one of the masters, she has fairly good skill with Kido, favoring Kido of the water, frost, wind, or lightning elements, as well as a few miscellaneous tricks she finds useful. When she does use the full incantation, she uses her own unique incantations with her own personal flavor, sometimes putting a unique spin on an otherwise well-known Kido.

Her eyepatch and prosthetics serve an additional purpose. Mizuki has trouble repressing her reiatsu, and the three items absorb the extra spiritual energy and store it. In a long battle where she overextends herself, she can draw upon one of the items to replenish some of her energy, giving her a second wind and a boost of energy. If she were to fall in battle, a shinigami could theoretically take the items and apply the stored reiatsu to themselves for a temporary captain-level increase in power.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2012-09-10 at 05:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

No, Bob explained it already though . Sorry for the late post but I was at work. We're co-writing stuff. I am going to play Sawada and...that's it really. I did the write up for Sixth because it's the Division I want to play in. As far as I know the two Captains are going to be NPC's if...they even have a presence at all. That'll be up to Bob really as we didn't discuss the capacity they were going to be around as. I wrote this fellow with the intention...he wouldn't be around for long at least.

Kenpachi Osuma
    Height: 6‘ 9‘
    Weight: 300 lb
    Side: Soul Society, Captain of the 11th

Appearance: A man of massive proportions, Kenpachi Osuma towers over many with a stocky build of muscle and a fine lining of fat. Though considered the strongest warrior of the Gotei 13, Osuma is a kindly old sort with a smile and wrinkles worn into his features from centuries of stress. Kenpachi Osuma is balding with black hair cut short so none can grab it in a scuffle.

Personality: A noble and gentle man, Kenpachi Osuma is known through out Soul Society for his kind heart and soft spot for children. However under the grandfatherly man lies the heart of a warrior, never backing down from a challenge and fighting with his body and soul no matter the situation.

Abilities: Kenpachi Osuma is known as the strongest warrior and his skills do not shy away from this fact. Osuma’s skills in Hakuda and zanjutsu are peerless and his unique two blade fighting style is said to be as difficult to learn as it is to defend against. Osuma has forsaken Kido completly and while he is fleet of foot his shunpo is considered rather slow. This all culminates into making Kenpachi Osuma a lumbering machine of death, not needing to hurry into battle.

Zanpakuto

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Tachi no taiyō

Apperance: Tachi no taiyō is a katana and wakizashi combination with bright orange and red handles made of silk with wooden sheaths polished to reflect the sun.

Shikai: Shine forth, Tachi no taiyō!- Upon entering Shikai, Kenpachi Osuma’s blades glow with intense and blinding light that cannot be looked on directly. The strikes of the blades are hot enough to ignite flammable material, halt regeneration and even natural healing as it burns what ever it touches so completely.

Bankai: Amaterasu- Once entering Bankai, Kenpachi Osuma’s blades snuff out and the iron grows pitted before melting away to nothing. A pair of blazing slabs of molten fire grow from the ground under Kenpachi Osuma’s hands looking like a pair of rising suns, before a handle of obsidian grows from the blade itself leaving him holding a nodachi and katana that continue to blaze with life. Heat spills forth from Osuma, those daring to get into close combat with the man blistering under the unfaltering waves of warmth. The blades themselves still holds it’s previous powers with much longer range due to the blades size. When striking against objects, the blades create a shower of embers which are in fact bits and shards of the blades themselves that rain down on anyone foolish enough to block against the rising sun. Once the blades are depleted however gives rise to the true power of Kenpachi Osuma’s Bankai. From the hilts of the blades Osuma can unleash the kinetic energy created from blocking, parrying and striking against objects into a massive blaze of fire and light that sorches even the shadows to dust in it’s path.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-10 at 11:16 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bob, your character looks awesome. Mizuki looks really entertaining to interact with. Unless you make her mad...

Tebryn, I think Myojin and Osuma would get along rather well, being probably some of the oldest Shinigami in this era. In the last game I was the oldest Shinigami, other than I believe the Captain-Commander.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

28. - Top - End - #58

Captain-Commander is once more the oldest shinigami here too!

AIN'T I A STINKER

EDIT: Also, you might have to age down. Like, a lot. Death is an exception, what with her 'leaving Seireitei forever ago' and all - most if not all of the other captains are extremely new.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-09-11 at 01:51 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Bob, your character looks awesome. Mizuki looks really entertaining to interact with. Unless you make her mad...

Tebryn, I think Myojin and Osuma would get along rather well, being probably some of the oldest Shinigami in this era. In the last game I was the oldest Shinigami, other than I believe the Captain-Commander.
    I have no intention of playing Osuma. I want to make that clear. I wrote it for Bob. This is a cooperative story telling game after all...at least I think it is? In the spirit of it regardless, Bob approached me about writing the Captain of each other's Division. It was a good idea and I enjoyed it and would be more than happy to help other characters forge a competent and coherent history and set up of Soul Society. I'd be more than happy to do that over...it not happening or one or two people doing all of it.

But neither Mizuki or Osuma are characters I would feel comfortable playing in any capacity. Bob can correct me of course if I am wrong but as stated above I didn't think these two would be seeing play to begin with or if they were, they were going to be background characters at best. Hence the "I assume he's already passed away" bit. Just replace the He with She and the sentiment remains.

I didn't write Osuma to be played at least. I don't do power scales well because I see all the applications of a power than the base power. Hence why Sawada's Shikai and I assume by proxy his Bankai are a little bland on paper. They won't be in play but that's not here or there. Osuma I feel is...over powered. But he's meant to be. He's the Kenpachi for goodness sake. He's meant to be terrifying. The very name of Osuma should strike fear in the hearts of everyone and everything. Nothing should be able to stand up to his light save the Commander Captain and what ever will pass as the leader for the Arrancar.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Captain-Commander is once more the oldest shinigami here too!

AIN'T I A STINKER

EDIT: Also, you might have to age down. Like, a lot. Death is an exception, what with her 'leaving Seireitei forever ago' and all - most if not all of the other captains are extremely new.
    I have no intention of playing Osuma. I want to make that clear. I wrote it for Bob. This is a cooperative story telling game after all...at least I think it is? In the spirit of it regardless, Bob approached me about writing the Captain of each other's Division. It was a good idea and I enjoyed it and would be more than happy to help other characters forge a competent and coherent history and set up of Soul Society. I'd be more than happy to do that over...it not happening or one or two people doing all of it.

But neither Mizuki or Osuma are characters I would feel comfortable playing in any capacity. Bob can correct me of course if I am wrong but as stated above I didn't think these two would be seeing play to begin with or if they were, they were going to be background characters at best. Hence the "I assume he's already passed away" bit. Just replace the He with She and the sentiment remains.

I didn't write Osuma to be played at least. I don't do power scales well because I see all the applications of a power than the base power. Hence why Sawada's Shikai and I assume by proxy his Bankai are a little bland on paper. They won't be in play but that's not here or there. Osuma I feel is...over powered. But he's meant to be. He's the Kenpachi for goodness sake. He's meant to be terrifying. The very name of Osuma should strike fear in the hearts of everyone and everything. Nothing should be able to stand up to his light save the Commander Captain and what ever will pass as the leader for the Arrancar.
    Well... Don't I feel dumb. I'm just gonna... yeah. My mistake.

On another less embarrassing note, Terry, I figured that might come up, which is partially why I mentioned it. However, I made Myojin to be that guy that's seen everything, and been through everything. He's not a captain. Just very old. I'd rather not change him. I could retire him, though, and make a new character, or alter my other Shinigami to fit this scenario. I'm open, honestly.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath