New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [SW SAGA] Jedi Duelist for Actual Game Help

So I got some pretty decent stats, and am building a level 20 Jedi for a one-shot.

My concept putting this guy together was to create a duelist with the caveat that he needs to be able to contribute and survive outside of a straight up lightsaber duel. This is the driver behind the level of scout, since evasion is so good to have.

Basically his is set up to attack condition tracks with force powers when possible, and to use powers and lightsaber forms to get opponents flat-footed for dastardly strike. He is built to burn through force points at a rate of at least 3 per encounter (hence force point recovery x3). Using flurry and rapid strike, he stands a decent chance of running an opponent down the condition track based on damage alone, power attacking for more if the opportunity arises. Has the option of using (improved) Dark Rage for even more to-hit and damage (and consequently, condition track downgrades)

If we are allowed a destiny, I am going to give him the education destiny to get a boost on UtF checks.

I am looking for pointers to improve the build, all books are greenlit.

Spoiler
    Show
    CL 20

Medium Human Jedi 7/scoundrel 1/scout 1/Jedi Knight 9/Jedi Master 2
    Init +18; Senses Perception +17
    Languages Basic, Twi'lek

Defenses Ref 36 (flat-footed 33, with Flurry 31), Fort 35, Will 35; Block, Deflect, Evasion, Shii-Cho, Soresu
    hp 181; Threshold 35
    Immune fear effects, +5 to Fortitude Defense against extreme heat and cold effects

Speed 6 squares
    Melee dueling lightsaber +24 (2d8+17/19-20) or
    Melee dueling lightsaber +24 (2d8+22/19-20) with both hands or
    Melee dueling lightsaber +22 (3d8+22/19-20) with Rapid Strike or
    Melee dueling lightsaber +26 (2d8+22/19-20) with Flurry or
    Melee dueling lightsaber +24 (3d8+22/19-20) with Flurry and Rapid Strike
    Ranged slugthrower pistol +21 (2d6+10)
    Base Atk +18; Grp +23

Atk Options Dastardly Strike, Flurry, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Rapid Strike, Vaapad

Special Actions Force Suppression, Juyo, Lightsaber Form Savant Savant 1/encounter, Riposte, serenity, Shake it Off

Force Powers Known (Use The Force +24) blind, cloak, dark rage, fold space, Force slam, Force stun, mind shard, mind trick, move object, rebuke, disarming slash, fluid riposte, saber swarm, swift flank, unbalancing block

Force Techniques Force Point Recovery x3, Improved Dark Rage

Force Secrets Quicken Power

Abilities Str 21, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 18

Talents Block, Dastardly Strike, Deflect, Evasion, Force Suppression, Juyo, Lightsaber Form Savant, Riposte, Shii-Cho, Soresu, Vaapad, Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)

Feats Flurry, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (5), Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Rapid Strike, Shake it Off, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)

Skills Endurance +17, Initiative +18, Knowledge (tactics) +16, Perception +17, Pilot +18, Stealth +18, Use the Force +24 (may reroll to use Block or Deflect but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse)

GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Record
    Styx Rivermen, Feets Reloaded, and Selene's Seductive Strut
    Record: 42-17-13
    3-time Division Champ, Cup Champion

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: [SW SAGA] Jedi Duelist for Actual Game Help

Force Point Recovery was updated to be 1x only, since WotC realized it was broken. (It really is)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Force Point Recovery was updated to be 1x only, since WotC realized it was broken. (It really is)
    Ah, well that really sucks!

Any ideas to tweak the build, then? This guy was built to burn through force points like candy.

GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Record
    Styx Rivermen, Feets Reloaded, and Selene's Seductive Strut
    Record: 42-17-13
    3-time Division Champ, Cup Champion

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Force Boon? There are other ways to hike your foce point allowance, with extra force power uses and whatnot. You probably don't need as many copies of force training as you have.
    "Hex grids are the way forward! And slighty to the side..." - Studoku

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Your force powers seem a bit all over the place, and honestly you don't need near as many as you have. Might I suggest scaling it back a bit? @20 you are much better off using a lightsaber strike over a force power 99% of the time, making all of your force wizard powers overkill. You have one standard action per turn. I'd ditch fold space, force stun, mindshard, blind, and cloak. Dark Rage and improved dark rage not as cool as they seem, especially with the darkside point.

As far as what ones to have, I humbly suggest battle strike, with a +24utf you are going to be getting atleast the 25+ result, thus giving you three extra damage dice, which is not inconsiderable. Surge might also be a good choice.

For class levels, I would avoid scoundrel/scout, and pick up some dualist. There are some seriously good talents in dualist, and losing 2 bab is a big pain in the ass when you could have more power attack. Losing evasion is a bit annoying, though you might keep it if your GM is a big fan of grenades and full auto weapons.
    My homebrew
    Official spokesman of the totemist class for gestalt (and proud supporter of parenthetical asides (especially nested ones)). Author of a gestalt handbook
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Did you just put a gear shift on a lightsaber?
    Redneck laser swords only work in manual.