New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Gomuran (Race)

The Gomuran

Spoiler
    Show

Gomuran
    *Humanoid (Augmented): Gomuran (Gomu singular) are humanoids that are inherently born with the Augmented subtype.
    *+6 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Wis, -2 Int
    *Medium: As Medium creatures, gomuran have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    *Gomuran base land speed is 30 feet.
    *Rubber Body: Gomuran have elastic, rubbery bodies massively resistant blunt trauma. Gomuran are immune to bludgeoning, falling, pressure,crushing damages, they are never subject to death from massive damage, and never need to make fortitude saves unless it would effect a construct.
    They have a bonus to escape artist checks equal to their total HD x10- and they get +1 to their reflex saves every two HD. It is very hard to get a hold of a gomuran who doesn't want to be trapped, and they are very spry.
    However, a gomu always fails a swim check.
    A gomuran subject to True Seeing appears to be made of plastic, plainly artificial and unreal in appearance though definitely humanoid and far from featureless- They appear startlingly humanlike yet blatantly "off" (Just like the given image up top)
    *Rubber Reach: Gomuran can stretch easily. Their reach is increased by 5ft for every hit die the gomu possesses. A level 1 gomuran for example has a 5ft boost. Every 10HD the bonus is doubled thereafter. a 10th level Gomu gets +10 instead of +5 every level thereafter, and at 20th the Gomu gets +20ft and every level thereafter.
    *Malleable: A gomuran's body isn't set in stone. A gomuran gets the minor shape change ability, as a changeling, but coloration does not change and it takes a full round action to do anything other then subtle changes granting a +2 to disguise checks. This also means the gomu is softer. A gomuran takes x1.5 damage from slashing or piercing weapons. A gomu maintains the altered shape for as long as it concentrates. A gomuran cannot change its gender, though it can appear as another gender using this ability.
    *Pliable: A gomuran is relatively thick in the head. They are especially susceptible to influence and receive a -5 to sense motive checks and a -2 to will saves to resist compulsion effects.
    Racial Skill bonuses: +5 Jump, +2 Climb, +2 Disguise
    Automatic Languages: Common.
    Favored Class: Monk, Barbarian
    Level Adjustment: +4

Racial Feats:

Pistol Fist (Racial):
    Prerequisite: Gomuran
    You can make a melee attack at double your normal reach, factoring Rubber Reach into the doubling. This counts as a melee attack with a "Pistol Fist" weapon. Dealing damage reliant on your Size. For every size larger then Small, you increase the die by one. Small size: 1d4. medium: 1d6 Large: 1d8, Huge: 1d10, Gargantuan: 1d12, Colossal: 2d8. Colossal+: 4d6, then 5d6, 6d6, and so on.
    Pistol Fists count as both an unarmed attack and a monk weapon, it deals its given damage in addition to Monk Unarmed Damage bonuses.

Rifle Fist (Racial):
    Prerequisite: Gomuran, BaB +5
    You can make a melee attack at triple your normal reach, factoring Rubber Reach into the doubling. This counts as a melee attack with a "Rifle Fist" weapon. Dealing damage reliant on your Size. For every size larger then Small, you increase the die by one. Small size: 1d8. medium: 1d10 Large: 1d12, Huge: 2d8, Gargantuan: 4d6, Colossal: 5d6. Colossal+: 6d6, then 7d6, 8d6, and so on.
    Pistol Fist becomes a Basic attack.
    Rifle Fists count as both an unarmed attack and a monk weapon, it deals its given damage in addition to Monk Unarmed Damage bonuses.

Cannon Fist (Racial):
    Prerequisite: Gomuran, BaB +10
    You can make a melee attack at quadrupling your normal reach, factoring Rubber Reach into the doubling. This counts as a melee attack with a "Cannon Fist" weapon. Dealing damage reliant on your Size. For every size larger then Small, you increase the die by one. Small size: 1d10. medium: 1d12 Large: 2d8, Huge: 4d6, Gargantuan: 5d6, Colossal:6d6. Colossal+: 7d6, then 8d6, 8d6, and so on.
    Rifle Fist is now a basic attack. Pistol Fist gains a second attack with each use (+20/+15/+10/+5 would give eight attacks instead of four, two for each bonus)
    Cannon Fists count as both an unarmed attack and a monk weapon, it deals its given damage in addition to Monk Unarmed Damage bonuses. Cannon fist counts as a two-handed weapon (The attack is made using both hands), and adds x1.5 your strength modifier to the attack as normal for two-handed weapons.
    Cannon Fist knocks targets back by 10ft for every 5 damage dealt unless the target succeeds on a strength check DC = your attack roll.

Gatling Fists (Racial):
    Prerequisite:
    Gomuran, BaB +15
    The Gomuran can perform a flurry of Pistol Fists. Roll a d12 for each enemy in a 60ft cone. The number that appears is the number of Pistol Fists they are potentially hit with. Make a single attack roll at your highest bonus, if it misses- all the Pistol Fists miss. If it hits, they all hit. Critical hits or fails are only against one fist, re-roll for the others.

Gatling Storm (Racial):
    Prerequisite:
    Gomuran, BaB +20
    This functions as Gatling Fists, but roll a d20 and use Rifle Fist instead of Pistol Fist. Gatling storm's cone is 120ft.

Compress (Racial):
    Prerequisite
    : Gomuran BaB +5
    As a move action, you can compress your body. Building and storing resistance and energy. Your next standard action is made as if you were a size category larger.
    This feat can be taken multiple times. Each time, you add one to the size category increase.

Gear Third (Racial):
    Prerequisite:
    Gomuran, Compress 2 ranks, BaB +15
    The gomu can bite herself to let in air, expanding in size temporarily. This works like Compress as if she had three more feats spent on it, but it is always active for a number of rounds equal to the gomu's constitution modifier. Once Gear Third's duration ends, the Gomuran is reduced to three sizes smaller then her base size and becomes even softer, taking x2 damage from piercing and slashing weapons and is unable to deal damage with her fists and cannot effectively use any weapon made for her normal size. This size decrease lasts as long as Gear Third did.

Quick Compress (Racial):
    Prerequisite:
    Gomuran, Compress, BaB +15
    You can use Compress as a swift action.
    Normal: Compress is a move action.

Spring Loaded (Racial):
    Prerequisite:
    Gomuran
    As a move action, a Gomu can compress her legs, twisting, building pressure then releasing it. This lets her make a jump check with a bonus equal to her HD x10.

Quick Spring (Racial):
    Prerequisite:
    Gomuran, Spring Loaded, BaB +5
    You can use Spring Loaded as a swift action.
    Normal: Using Spring Loaded is a move action.

Gear Second (Racial):
    Prerequisite:
    Gomruran, Quick Compress, Quick Spring, BaB +17
    The Gomuran can build on attributes from Quick Compress and Quick Spring, pumping blood throughout her at increased rates and building tension so high her skin becomes reddened and steaming. Her speed increases by x10 of whatever it currently is. She can move 50ft in place of 5ft when performing a 5ft step, can make a reflex save to avoid attacks DC equals the opposing attack roll. Even then, she has a +5 dodge bonus to AC.
    While in Gear Second, her BAB increases as if she was five levels higher, and is considered to be under the effects of Spring Loaded and Compressed as if she had two compress feats (Even if you would have more) but can take an action to compress yourself as normal if you'd normally be able to compress further.
    Gear Second lasts for a number of rounds equal to her constitution modifier. When it ends, she takes 1d6 constitution damage and is Fatigued until she gets an 8 hour rest. In addition, her maximum age is reduced by 5 years whenever she uses this ability.

Wide Whip(Racial):
    Prerequisite:
    Gomuran, Rifle fist
    You can make your Rifle Fist against all in a 60ft cone. Automatically make trip attacks against each that you deal damage to.

Afro Power (Racial):
    Prerequisite:
    Gomuran, Disguise skill +10, BaB +5
    Gomuran have an affinity to the power of Afros, and are deeply connected to the flow of awesome from within its large spherical mass.
    A Gomuran can make a disguise check DC 5 to put wear a large black afro, or a DC 10 to include side burns.
    With the Afro on, the afrogomu gains a +2 Afro bonus to all rolls and can make a will save to avoid dying with a DC of 10 + 1/2 the damage taken that would put you at 0 or less HP. If you succeed, you are instead at 1 hp.
    In addition, any male ally is given a +2 Moral bonus to Will saves and all checks to cheer on or otherwise support the afrogomu. Enemies must make a Will save DC 10 + the gomu's charisma modifier to avoid being shaken at the first sight of the afrogomu for a number of rounds equal to the afrogomu's charisma modifier. An enemy can only be effected once per day by this effect.
    The afro is immune to damage, but can be Disarmed causing the gomu to lose his or her afro bonuses.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2012-06-26 at 10:46 AM.

My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Gomuran (Race)

One Piece love. Very cool! I'm not good with balance but i see u added some racial weakness weaknesses s it might work. I'd some complains about the large dex bonus I might suggest dropping it and do racial bonus to AC per X HD. But that's because I like racial abilities over ability modifiers.

Was just thinking. Shouldn't a rubber man be able to jump very well. It is a pity that the monk can't get the cannon before epic. I also thought the cannon was with both hands and there was a gatling gun that was a flurry. Would like to see more One Piece 'races' and some more racial feats.

Very awesome. Thanks for your work and creativity.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm sorry, but there's no way that several hundred feet of barehanded reach is a 0 LA trait.

My suggestion would be to make it so you can attack targets within 30/50/60 feet with unarmed strikes/one-handed/light weapons, but your reach and threatened area remains the same.

The ability mods are also way, way too strong. Boost the penalties or drop the dex bonus.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

There was a whip too. Should there be concentration check or increase the difficulty of manipulating objects from a distance.

How about for reach +5 ft at 1st, 7th, 14th. With feats it would b 40/60/80. How is that, Squish, Sir?

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    One Piece love. Very cool! I'm not good with balance but i see u added some racial weakness weaknesses s it might work. I'd some complains about the large dex bonus I might suggest dropping it and do racial bonus to AC per X HD. But that's because I like racial abilities over ability modifiers.

Was just thinking. Shouldn't a rubber man be able to jump very well. It is a pity that the monk can't get the cannon before epic. I also thought the cannon was with both hands and there was a gatling gun that was a flurry. Would like to see more One Piece 'races' and some more racial feats.

Very awesome. Thanks for your work and creativity.
    Yes, they should jump better. Added a feat. and I'll add racial skill bonuses.

I'll get around to Gatling. Yes, Cannon is two hands. I should state that, so they add x1.5 strength to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    There was a whip too. Should there be concentration check or increase the difficulty of manipulating objects from a distance.

How about for reach +5 ft at 1st, 7th, 14th. With feats it would b 40/60/80. How is that, Squish, Sir?
    No, I don't think so. No concentration, it just seems like it would complicate things a bit.
    Added Whip.

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Humm de humm de humm... sweet racial ability scores...... immunity to bludgeoning?!? Mass epic reach of pwnage?!?!?! Okay, okay, and some downsides too, but wow, I wonder what the LA is on this monster...

...LA +1?

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Humm de humm de humm... sweet racial ability scores...... immunity to bludgeoning?!? Mass epic reach of pwnage?!?!?! Okay, okay, and some downsides too, but wow, I wonder what the LA is on this monster...

...LA +1?

*scratched*
    Did I say 1? 4 looks better.

My Homebrew