New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    And a sequel IIRC, yep coffee is really ambitious.
    Ooooh, yay! More comics other than the ones about the party!

Of course, it means you won't reveal their entire backstories right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    Coffee has already planned so far ahead and behind of the Murphy’s universe, she is at the point were humans have plains, Dwarves have spaceships, and back to the beginning of time.
    I don't believe that, but it would be cool.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-02-25 at 05:26 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

When was there a new thread why did I not know.
    I saw the link in mongoose' sig and thought 'Hmm, that's been quiet recently.'

...Well now I have stuff to do for the next 30 mins!

Make that seconds. I R FAST.

Thoughts: Wow, Janine has more issues than we know about. Curious.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-02-25 at 05:48 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

A copper piece for your thoughts.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah...I've got two prequels and two sequels planned. It just sort of...Spiraled.

And I really want to hear what you have to say about this update.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Yeah...I've got two prequels and two sequels planned. It just sort of...Spiraled.

And I really want to hear what you have to say about this update.
    Well, one possibility I just thought of: When she said she "Knows really well that the church takes in orphans without question," maybe she was abandoned by her parents, for no good reason. Just my guess.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Pixie in the Playground

I think... that summoned food looks like a giant, multi-yolked egg. Yeah, I don't know. I'm inclined to agree with Chilingsworth.
    Last edited by SoupLadle; 2011-02-26 at 12:06 AM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SoupLadle View Post
    I think... that summoned food looks like a giant, multi-yolked egg. Yeah, I don't know. I'm inclined to agree with Chilingsworth.
    Yay!, I'm not the only one who thought this!

8. - Top - End - #308

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Well, one possibility I just thought of: When she said she "Knows really well that the church takes in orphans without question," maybe she was abandoned by her parents, for no good reason. Just my guess.
    I think she was abandoned for being a bastard.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    I think she was abandoned for being a bastard.
    Do you mean in the "illegitimate child" sense, or the "horribly irritating person" sense? If it's the former, still "no good reason." If it's the latter, then abandonment might be understandable.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Do you mean in the "illegitimate child" sense, or the "horribly irritating person" sense? If it's the former, still "no good reason." If it's the latter, then abandonment might be understandable.
    Or both =/
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

could also be in the "has no father" sense.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Barbarian in the Playground

I imagine it is the former. I can't remember which strip exactly but I do remember at one point when one character called another 'bastard' Janine insisted that she wasn't one, she was just 'born six months early' or something along those lines. The rest of the party/everybody else there pretty much ignored this comment, possibly because they didn't hear.

[Goes off for an archive trawl]

EDIT: it's five months premature in the strip called '240 Proof', apparently. (Number 45) And Tinder responds to the 'five months premature' thing with a sad face and Matt stops questioning her about girl on girl action to apologise to her so there was some reaction to her mentioning it.
    Last edited by Eleanor_Rigby; 2011-02-26 at 10:48 PM.
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Add this comic and that's FIVE THINGS! This is gonna last longer than OOTS...
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-02-26 at 01:39 PM.
    My Steam profile

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    oh right......homeless children raises the question whats happening with the orphanage itself.... I wonder whats happening there that is bad?
    ...I assumed that the children were homeless because Cyrus (was that the boy's name?) wanted to be self-reliant, which would mean accepting no help from charities, orphanages, or strangers.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SoupLadle View Post
    That's a good point: What is that stuff supposed to be, anyway?

(And I'm not just agreeing because Soupladle agreed with me )
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

16. - Top - End - #316

It's some sort of gruel with egg yolks. And no, Janine was not born 5 months premature. Her mom was pregnant with her when she got married.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

It's some sort of gruel with egg yolks.
    That sounds kinda unappetizing. But if you're starving...

Anyway, Update today? *prays, makes puppyeyes, and otherwise shamelessly begs*
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2011-02-26 at 08:04 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

18. - Top - End - #318

That sounds kinda unappetizing. But if you're starving...

Anyway, Update today? *prays, makes puppyeyes, and otherwise shamelessly begs*

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Yup! That's what I'm going for!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

20. - Top - End - #320
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's some sort of gruel with egg yolks. And no, Janine was not born 5 months premature. Her mom was pregnant with her when she got married.
    ...That's actually about what I was guessing it was from the looks of it. Nutritionally sound I guess but man, you'd have to be hungry to eat it.

And I meant former rather than latter when talking about which sort of bastard Janine was. I'm slow but something that obvious I can pick up pretty easily - this time it was just my dyslexia playing tricks with me.

I'm kind of disappointed Janine's backstory isn't going to come up properly until the prequels, to be honest: Janine's a very lightly sketched character already so knowing that her backstory (which seems to hold the key to the way she is now) won't actually be delved into properly in Murphy's Law at all is kind of a downer. She hasn't had a lot to do so far apart from hitting on Lloyd and getting freaked out/ upset about things occaisionally. I suppose this story arc may change that a bit by putting her to the fore for once.

I suppose it was always going to be tricky getting the balance right with a core cast of six main characters who are usually dominating the same space. You've got to work harder to bring each of them out individually and as members of the group...
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

21. - Top - End - #321

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor_Rigby View Post
    ...That's actually about what I was guessing it was from the looks of it. Nutritionally sound I guess but man, you'd have to be hungry to eat it.

And I meant former rather than latter when talking about which sort of bastard Janine was. I'm slow but something that obvious I can pick up pretty easily - this time it was just my dyslexia playing tricks with me.

I'm kind of disappointed Janine's backstory isn't going to come up properly until the prequels, to be honest: Janine's a very lightly sketched character already so knowing that her backstory (which seems to hold the key to the way she is now) won't actually be delved into properly in Murphy's Law at all is kind of a downer. She hasn't had a lot to do so far apart from hitting on Lloyd and getting freaked out/ upset about things occaisionally. I suppose this story arc may change that a bit by putting her to the fore for once.

I suppose it was always going to be tricky getting the balance right with a core cast of six main characters who are usually dominating the same space. You've got to work harder to bring each of them out individually and as members of the group...
    Well, it's basically oatmeal with hardboiled eggs or something? Nutritionally sound, but very bland. Then again, Janine didn't have much to work with either.

Speaking of Janine, like I said: I'm not going to explicitly show what happened to her until the prequel, but in Murphy's Law, I will give enough information for you guys to figure it out.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

If you're going to have this, and two sequels, and two prequels, than you should probably start your own website... Though I don't want to join any other forums, which I would have to do to comment on it if you did that.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-02-26 at 11:34 PM.
    My Steam profile

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

No updates on Sundays. Coffee is rescuing puppies and kittens.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    No updates on Sundays. Coffee is rescuing puppies and kittens.
    Like this?

My Steam profile

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    Like this?
    Spoiler
    Show

[IMG]http://www.innocentenglish.com/funny-pics/funny-pics/cat-saved-from-danger.jpg[/IMG
    ]
    Actually, I volunteer at an animal shelter.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

That's not saving animals! That's petting animals!
    My Steam profile

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

*puppey-eyes dog*
    I have decided to formulate a response to this:

bonus points if you get the real joke behind it.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

I have decided to formulate a response to this:

[IMG]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/Trizap/Rorshachposter.png[IMG]

bonus points if you get the real joke behind it.
    He was talking about politicians and prostitutes, right? I remember reading something like that somewhere...
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-02-28 at 12:30 AM.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    He was talking about politicians and prostitutes, right? I remember reading something like that somewhere...
    nope, thats only half of it, check later in the book.

remember I'm responding to the image of a dog......
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

nope, thats only half of it, check later in the book.

remember I'm responding to the image of a dog......
    Book? i thought that happened in a movie i know i read it online somewhere.

Extended Sig