New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

[Nexus Zoo - Dragon exhibit]

At the exhibit, Peter is staring to feel a little faint.
    Keepping a whole team invisible is not easy, and trying to stop a villain on top of that doesn't make things easier.
    So the shadows star to vanish, and here and there a window or a door reapears. He's still invisible though. Thank god the team is here.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

2. - Top - End - #182

Zoo

Young Star should spot Krystal and Keeper and vice versa, now that they are all visible. "Guys, what did I miss?" he asks curious at sudden revisibility. "As a side note, it's really hard to get civillians to evacuate when your invisible."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Zoo

Young Star should spot Krystal and Keeper and vice versa, now that they are all visible. "Guys, what did I miss?" he asks curious at sudden revisibility. "As a side note, it's really hard to get civillians to evacuate when your invisible."
    Krystal looks to Young Star, still holding Keeper's hand.

Well, the animals are contained, at least. I don't know what's been happening here. We came when we heard odd gunshots.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Nexus Zoo - Dragon exhibit]

Good thing the window reapears. That makes things much easier for him. He will throw his strings against the window crushing it. Then something strange happens. On his back grow a bunch of wings. (This is the secound part of a deamon coruption)

He runs for the window as he saw the other heroes entering. Bad for them he made preperations. he draws on on string and with a *pling* noise half of the strings holding the dragon burst and the dragon swing through the entrace. Since we know physics the other strings won't be able to hold the weight and the dragon will fall over, if not stoped.

Hopefully this will buy him enougth time to escape.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

[Place of Xerga, Wherever That May Be]

The barbarian might notice an eight-foot tall Kzin, with black and gold banded fur, wearing a shortsword on his belt, along with a rather large machine-pistol, and a beam rifle on his back, approaching her,

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    The Lover's Children

Kuko's a curious chap. He'll scamper on in without much serious thought. He'll look around for someone who doesn't seem to be doing much of anything, then ask for directions to the best scholarly authority on the Goddess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [The Lover's Children]

Ashley follows Kuko into the building, and looks around to see the inside of it.

[The Ghost Lover's Children]

The would probably be the black-haired woman wearing a silver shirt, midnight blue pants, and a dark grey cloak, siting on the bench.

"That would probably be Karissa Gaelthem... So through those doors over there on the left, most likely."

The inside of the building is done in much the same style as the outside, with a fair number of people milling about; overall it bears more resemblance to an open castle than a church.

[Zoo]

Keeper shrugs, keeping quiet for now, as he really doesn't know any more than Krystal, and sees no point in saying so.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-04-17 at 01:59 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    [Jessica's House - Limit Street]

The goop smacks into one of the two nine-foot long wings, sending the woman careening off course, but still gaining altitude. The second shot knocks feathers from her other wing. Unbalanced by goop only on her left wing and missing flight feathers on her right she decides to give up on flying. Just past Jessica's backyard, in the alley behind the house, mostly hidden by the tall hedge, she tucks and rolls into a crash landing.

In moments she's on her feet and running.

The odds are now evened. She's earth-bound like her pursuers. Her only advantage is a head-start.

[Edited for extra description]
    Dragan breaks into a run, trying to catch up with the winged figure. He's a very good runner and his Remnant powered armor provides him with augmented speed. Anatolij runs the other way to get to his bike while Filimon begins to search the house.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #187

The Ghost Lover's Children

Kuko will return to Ashley with this information, and then lead the way to this Karrisa.

Zoo

"I'll follow you then." he says to his teammates.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #188

[Generic Street]

The healing potion is hurled at the Wight!

Ha!

Now it's in for it! Everyone knows that healing undead makes them get hurt because they're powered by Negative Energy instead of Positive Energy!

...the Wight gets healed by the healing potion. Gee, thanks guy!

I mean, seriously. Negative energy? Really? How is that even a thing?

The impromptu plan backfires horrifically as the Wight may or may not regenerate an arm due to the potion. Probably not, though. It isn't powered by 'positive energy' either so there's actually a good chance the potion will just do nothing.

So... yeah. It just tackled the poor kid. Hopefully a brave barbarian warrior who really feels like hurting something will show up to save the day before it guts Dwayne and turns his corpse into another Wight. Because that would be pretty terrible otherwise.

[PokeCenter]

Every PokeDex in the room begins to warble on account of the previously unknown PokeMon!

"Drageon, the Wrath PokeMon. Drageon is protected by a thick layer of ablative scales that will blunt the first attack that strikes it. These scales are hard as diamonds and take time to regrow."

Thanks PokeDex! That's good to know!

Nurse Joey, meanwhile, hands a pair of PokeBalls to Becca. "There you are miss. And between you and me, if your Eevee does that all the time when he gets healed you might want to keep him in his ball should he faint again."

That sounds like good advice!

Meanwhile more than a few trainers begin crowding around Becca for a chance to see this rare Eeveelution!
    "Wow, he's so cool?"
    "Is he strong?"
    "Is that really a dragon-type Pokemon? I've never seen one before!"

Meanwhile meanwhile, the fellow in the purple hat smiles a not so friendly smile at the sight of Glamdring and pulls out his cell phone.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-17 at 04:03 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Arkham Street - RANDOM ENCOUNTER DETECTED!

What the-

Connie jumps up and back, flying backwards to her cannon tower. What are you supposed to do in this situation?

...Connie uses all her blokz to upgrade and repair her tower.

Yes. All the blokz. What's that? There is only so high the tower can be upgraded? Too bad. ALL THE BLOKZ.
    Arkham Street - Random Encounter

Well, that sounds like a good idea doesn't it? Too bad Kashi isn't very fond of those. Abandoning tower upgrades and block placement for now, the serpentine dragon dives straight at the mecha being formed of rebites and a tower/portal that he's sure shouldn't exist.

He'll just have to make it see reason until it pewfs then, preferably by rassling with it. So, jaws wide and dragonfire pumping from between his teeth, Kashi is aimed straight at whatever looks like a head on this thingy, with the intent to gnaw.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #190

[Arkham - RANDOM ENCOUNTER DETECTED]

REALLY big tower cannon!

All the remaining Towers open fire on the golem, blasting into the hulking thing as it lumbers toward the first foe it encounters. In this case a dragon trying to gnaw it.

Blokz go flying as the dragon-fire burns at it, but this brute isn't going down so easily. It'll attempt to seize Kashi's jaws in its huge armored hands and tries to pull said jaw open far beyond the point of snapping.

Ish...

That's brutal...

Freddy goes darting around behind the monster, using his remaining Blokz to build as big of a Cannon Tower as he can manage!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arkham - RANDOM ENCOUNTER DETECTED

With the great cannon tower pounding away, Connie will fly towards the golem, and try to wrap her hellfire whip around it's hands to bind them together. A yank on the whip should propel her toward the golem's head, and she will extend one foot forward, trying to kick it in the eye with her heel... as the boots shapeshift into stilettos. Ow.

12. - Top - End - #192

[The Ghost Lover's Children]

And Ashley follows Kuko over to whomever Karrisa is.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Jessica's House at Limit Street]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dragan breaks into a run, trying to catch up with the winged figure. He's a very good runner and his Remnant powered armor provides him with augmented speed. Anatolij runs the other way to get to his bike while Filimon begins to search the house.
    Between Dragan's armor-enhanced abilities and the winged woman's slight head-start this is shaping up to be a pretty even footrace.

The woman skids around a corner and darts between two tidy little houses. The narrow space between the two little homes hides her from Dragan's view at this angle, but a moment later she bursts out into someone's backyard, setting their two big dogs to barking at her heels. Though Dragan cannot see her for the moment, the canine's frantic baying makes it easy to figure out which way she went. ((The dogs are mod-able, feel free to write their response to your character's pursuit.))

The two dogs are jerked short by their chains as she reaches the far side of their yard. She laughs, as though this is fun for her, and heads out into the street.

Speaking of street... Nothing is preventing Anatolij from getting his bike from where he left it parked in the street.

As for what Filimon finds... in this, the normal plane, the house is just as Remnant left it, a once peaceful and tidy little home marred in only one room by a grisly crime. If he is capable of seeing the shadow world, who he finds or does not find there is up to C'nor and The Bushranger.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Arkham - RANDOM ENCOUNTER DETECTED]

REALLY big tower cannon!

All the remaining Towers open fire on the golem, blasting into the hulking thing as it lumbers toward the first foe it encounters. In this case a dragon trying to gnaw it.

Blokz go flying as the dragon-fire burns at it, but this brute isn't going down so easily. It'll attempt to seize Kashi's jaws in its huge armored hands and tries to pull said jaw open far beyond the point of snapping.

Ish...

That's brutal...

Freddy goes darting around behind the monster, using his remaining Blokz to build as big of a Cannon Tower as he can manage!
    Arkham Street - Random Encounter

That is indeed brutal, and tears well up in Kashi's eyes as his jaw is wrenched apart, thankfully without an audible snap. As anyone who's seen him eat can tell you, Kashi's jaw can unhinge quite far apart to wrap around some stubborn food bit.

Still painful to have it hauled open like that, so he'll respond in kind and clamp down with all his might, trying to wedge the fingers between his teeth. This dragon is no slouch when it comes to chewing power either, despite his early surprise letting the golem get the drop on him.

The rest of his body hovers, wings barely keeping him aloft as he snaps his tail back and forth for stability.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #195

[Arkham Street - RANDOM ENCOUNTER DETECTED]

Now it's time to show that golem what for!

Dragons bite!

Demons whip! (and kicks and other things)

Huldras burn!

With valiant effort our heroes (with the help of the Cannon Towers) finally topple the horrible foe that had risen from a portal that totally wasn't there when the fight started!

KABLAMO!

Blokz everywhere!

A victory fanfare plays as a large heap of LEWT is spit out of the swirling portal in the golem's chest!

"That was... hehe... that was actually kind of fun!" Freddy laughs.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-17 at 05:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arkham Street - RANDOM ENCOUNTER DETECTED

Connie lands. Not the most satisfying thing she's ever done... not the stupidest, either. She looks down at herself, taking a moment to ponder whether to shift into something more inconspicuous, or....

She is dotted and lined with that demonic scar tissue; various wounds slowly healing from the damage cause by the itty bitty weapons. Most of them were nothing; mere slivers of orange that would disappear in under an hour, but some... some of the places where the spears had hit her were deeper, and would take longer to heal. In any case, it would be a bit before she can hide her true nature again... she can't shift away scar tissue.

She turns her attention to the pile of loot...

17. - Top - End - #197

Arkham Street - Random Encounter Complete!

Kashi lands, gingerly laying a forepaw against the side of his jaw.

"Snyyuuuuu..." It's going to be a while before he can eat comfortably again.

Freddy is right though, the building parts were pretty fun, up until the end when that meany-head hurt him like that.

So, what's all the stuff there for anyway? Is it more blokz to build with? Maybe it's something to eat, or something even better.

For lack of a better thing to do now that the fighting is over, Kashi ambles over to the pile of lewt to paw through it.

18. - Top - End - #198

[Arkham Street - Phat Lewt]

It LOOKS like a big heap of gems and coins and stuff! Though as it turns out the gems are hard candy and the coins are all foil-wrapped chocolate. Poor Kashi will have trouble enjoying it...

But among all the sweets there are several very real and very valuable artifacts hidden away!

A small container of Blokz.

A jack-in-the-box.

A stuffed teddy bear.

A pair of plastic Hulk Hands.

A My Little Pony (Fluttershy, specifically).

And a board game in a really fancy wooden case.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arkham Street - Phat Lewt

What is this?

What is this?

Bah. Bah. Bah! Candy and toys. This isn't even surprising... children could very well have beaten that group, anyway. Connie storms off.

After a moment, she stops. She looks at the board game. She picks it up, looks at the front. Maybe it'll be interesting to play one of these board game things. She's heard of them. Apparently mortal kings play that one... what was it? It started with a C.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

[Shadowside]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mayhala shrugs, setting off through Shadowside at a run, which covers ground far faster than it should, especially as she seems to be flowing from the edge of one patch of light to another.

Ryhan will likely also find herself moving faster, though unless she can shadowjump and chooses to do so, Mayhala's method of travel will be pretty much impossible for her to mimic
    Rhyan follows as best she can, but, alas, she cannot shadowjump. And so her frustration grows as she finds it difficult to keep up...

[Plawt!]

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    I hope the two are well hidden, because a pair of Exalted on a rooftop or in a window will stick out like sore thumbs to Teq. Even impaired, his eyesight is preturnaturally good.
    Shrike, at least, will have chosen a very well-hidden position from which to play zee spy...

She will have assumed her companion would know, though. Oh dear?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #201

Arkham Street - Phat Toys!

Ooooh, Kashi immediately begins shoveling as much candy as he can into his (now empty) sack which he stole from the Keep. He's also going to scoop up the blokz (yay building stuffs!) and the bear (yay fuzzy warm cuddly thing!) if no one stops him.

And into the sack they go!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [PokeCenter]

Every PokeDex in the room begins to warble on account of the previously unknown PokeMon!

"Drageon, the Wrath PokeMon. Drageon is protected by a thick layer of ablative scales that will blunt the first attack that strikes it. These scales are hard as diamonds and take time to regrow."

Thanks PokeDex! That's good to know!

Nurse Joey, meanwhile, hands a pair of PokeBalls to Becca. "There you are miss. And between you and me, if your Eevee does that all the time when he gets healed you might want to keep him in his ball should he faint again."

That sounds like good advice!

Meanwhile more than a few trainers begin crowding around Becca for a chance to see this rare Eeveelution!
    "Wow, he's so cool?"
    "Is he strong?"
    "Is that really a dragon-type Pokemon? I've never seen one before!"

Meanwhile meanwhile, the fellow in the purple hat smiles a not so friendly smile at the sight of Glamdring and pulls out his cell phone.
    "Thanks. See ya later." Becca turns around to go, but she's surrounded! "Yeah, he's really awesome. The strongest pokemon you'll ever see." She boasts.

23. - Top - End - #203

[Arkham Street - Lewt]

Hmmm...

Freddy really isn't sure what to make of all these absurd objects. But after careful analysis he settles on those weird green gauntlet things. He might not have hands normally, but he discovered that he can store stuff inside his back-hollow. And that means he can just use the silly gauntlets when he takes on a humanoid form!

Okay!

As soon as the various items are picked up the people who gained said items learn of their amazing properties!

Kashi got a Box Ah Blokz! It can be used to create various Blokz-based constructs! The bear, however, gets up and toddles away when he tries to take it. Only one piece of lewt per person!

Connie got a totally mundane and uninteresting board game in a fancy wooden case! She shouldn't even bother playing it. Better off sticking it inside a trunk, chaining the trunk shut, and then throwing it into the sea. Is that the sound of drums she hears?

Freddy got the Hulk Hands of Smashing! Upon putting them on and uttering the command phrase (*name* Smash!) the user doubles in size, turns green, and gets really strong! However they must refer to themselves in the third person whilst using the Hulk Hands of Smashing.

The Huldra peers at the plastic gloves curiously. "Eerr... alright..."

[PokeMon Center]

Nurse Joey waves one hand at vacant stare lady. "Hello? Miss? Can I help you?"

"Wow? Really? I bet my Quilava can beat him!" one little boy boasts, putting a hand to his belt and taking on a rather smug- "Ooof!"

Uuhh...

Glamdring just tackled him?

"SoH Suv wIj pIn, Becca?"
    the Drageon snarls in the boy's face, his teeth being shown off pretty prominently.

"Aaaaah! Get it off me!" the kid wails.

24. - Top - End - #204

"I'll see that a room is ready and note that on her chart." Westlanna replies.

"Sorry you'll be staying with us tonight, Miss, but it is much better to be safe than sorry, yes?" She tells the patient with a pleasant smile. Then she goes to do just as she said she would.

For now she says nothing about working overnight. Perhaps because she was expecting that when Dave said that there was no more staff, perhaps because she knows that long shifts are standard for nursing staff, or perhaps because it would be unprofessional to discuss such things in front of a patient. Which of the three will be revealed later.
    Dave's Free Clinic
    The patient nods.
    Dave follows Wes out, closing the door behind him.
    "Just in case you were wondering, you won't be working late tonight. Your shift ends at 8."
    That's strange...who'll be doing her job then?
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Dave's Free Clinic
    The patient nods.
    Dave follows Wes out, closing the door behind him.
    "Just in case you were wondering, you won't be working late tonight. Your shift ends at 8."
    That's strange...who'll be doing her job then?
    "Oh... alright." Westlanna replies. She pauses to talk to Dave just outside the door. "Who will be staying then?" After all, he did say that the two of them were the only medical staff the clinic currently had.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arkham Street - Lewt

...Connie narrows her eyes at the board game and opens the case. She will look at the board, the pieces, the whole shebang. Look it over, go through the rules, figure out the number of players and whatnot.

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Teq blinks at their accomplice, adjusting his spectacles to be sure he's seeing her correctly. Smart of her, not to use his first name. The Vraal decides not to use hers at all, though he doubts calling her 'Jane Doe' would matter either way.

"Have you had time to look around?" He asks casually, glancing up and down the street for anything out of the ordinary.
    "Long enough to know that this place isn't exactly just a theater. And that you're being observed." Jane says. "I don't think by our client, either."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Halfling in the Playground

555 East Washington Avenue

When Fade jumps into Teq's shadow, a shiver runs up his spine. He turns to glare at the little fellow, but finds no one there. Guessing at his game, Teq says to the patch of darkness, "Warn me, next time."

Fastforwarding a little...

"Our client. Good then," Teq repeats. Whoever this drow is, she seems to know what she's doing. The giant looks about and seems to spot the Demon Queen, but swiftly looks away. "I see her. Not a sniper. What do you want to do?" The girl could simply be a bystander on a roof. There's no way to be sure, and this 'drow assassin' has been here longer than Teq.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-18 at 01:30 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #209

"Oh... alright." Westlanna replies. She pauses to talk to Dave just outside the door. "Who will be staying then?" After all, he did say that the two of them were the only medical staff the clinic currently had.
    Dave's Free Clinic
    "The secretary if she agrees to it. I don't think she sleeps. If not...I will."
    He leaned against the wall all cool like.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #210

Lewt Woot and Away!

Aww, but the bear looked so cuddly... Maybe it just wanted to be friends with someone else then. Kashi has his blokz, so he'll have to be happy with that and a bag full of candy.

Time to move on, and make some new friends somewhere else. That's how adventure works, right? Kashi is sure of it. So, sack clenched between his teeth, Kashi takes off, heading out of the city. Time to find a forest or a field or something.