New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Well, he looks okay, just worried.

"I'm just worrying about you, and whoever this is that just healed you."

Not true, of course. But telling your wife that you may have just broken someone's mind is not going to be a fun conversation. Not to mention that it would be confusing. And, probably, it's temporary. He certainly hopes so. Not that he's guilty about it; he actually felt far worse during the incident with Clarissa. But if he shot Elena for no good reason with a whole mind...
    Ah, but he didn't.
    In order to launch his attack on Allen, Tirin had to first establish a mental link. And in that link he got an excellent look at Allen's psyche. Or rather, the shattered facsimile of one. Allen was not a healthy man even before Tirin's attack. Despite the niggling physical infections he had picked up in his hellscape of a homeworld, the worst of Allen's afflictions was one he had been crippled with from birth.
    Psychopathy. The ugly sickness crippling Allen's mind, keeping him from experiencing any of the deeper emotions. Keeping him from ever loving or empathizing with someone.
    Tirin essentially did the mental equivalent of throwing a man in a wheelchair down a flight of stairs.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

2. - Top - End - #722
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

"Fair enough," he says, setting the box on the floor. "They're kind of terrible crackers, anyways. Taste like dried parchment."

With that observation, the necromancer sets about doing his actual work. He lifts the tray out in front of him, using the same telekinetic multitasking trick as he did with the tome to lock it in mid-air. Reaching out to place one of the bowls in front of him with one hand, he pulls a small assortment of components from one of his pouches. They all appear to be what one would expect to find in an ink-making kit, and portions of gum arabic, solvent and other assorted powders are placed in the bowl, followed by a splash of a red pigment. Saurous then pulls another object from his belt: a brilliant transparent crystal. He holds the stone up to the light between his thumb and forefinger for a few moments, before sighing and holding it over the bowl. A pulse of crimson energy flows down his arm, striking the gem held between his fingers and shattering it with a loud PSHKOW. A small amount of glistening dust is knocked loose from the crystal, drifting down into the bowl. The necromancer spends a few minutes in this position, the infrequent pulses slowly reducing the gemstone to powder.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    MagMart - Parking Lot
    "Tirin, what did I do to get a guy like you?"
    The guilt goes away into calmness.
    "There's still all that food at Umbrella for the cafeteria. They have rather extensive freezers full of meats and veggies and the like. We're going back to get it soon."
    Tirin simply holds her for now.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Beckett's Clinic]

Nach'tt nods and makes sure to keep the gun always pointing away from people and anything else that would be a bad thing to hurt. The MechaniKobold and the Wolfhound with a tongue of green fire will follow along with the others and try to keep an eye out for dangers and potential good things. Like candy, candy is good.

[Inside]

Rahona seems a bit unsure whether she was answered or not but decides that it will be cleared up in time and will follow Raven wherever they're headed. She does whisper a few kinds of respects for the dead to Raven's brother.

The respects are probably not of any sort that Raven would recognise, but its quite certain that Rahona is saying them to honour the dead and not because of faith. She kind of dropped religion after the sixth time she accidentally got worshipped as an angel.

[R'lyeh]

Lewis and Trilby are most likely still looking for dead cultists, Old One libraries, Eldrict machinery or other adventurous items and locations on their tour of the no-longer-sunken city.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Orc in the Playground

First, I truly hope that I'm not intruding on this thread but I want to use this [Nexus] specific guy that I made...so I hope that it is ok if I join in, and if it is ok about where I choose to have him enter.
    MagMart-Parking Lot
    A flash of light happens but it is gone as soon as it appears. In its place a large iron statue standing 9' tall looms in the parking lot. The concrete under it cracks under the imense weight of the Golem. It looks around, the sound of whirring gears rolling as it turns from side to side. It notices Elena and Tirin.
    I am Golem. I am a Guardian. I lost my "friend" and I want to find her. Can you help me?
    It waits quietly for a response.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Bugbear in the Playground

((It's perfectly fine, Craftworld. Welcome to our little doomsday. A word of advice - don't get too attached to your character. He's probably going to be dead when all this is over.))

MagMart - Parking Lot

After the Golem's entrance, Ace's is somewhat less dramatic. Since he's not not actually attempting to make it flashy or exciting, the tall, wiry man poofing into existence behind the nine foot golem is rather understated.

He's a not unattractive figure. His brown hair is pulled into a ponytail, covered in a thin green and cream coloured wrap that resembles a Chinese finger trap, matching the sleeve that covers his right arm. He wears an old, indigo vest over his chest, which is currently buttoned up halfway, as well as a pair of pants that are covered in so many patches that it's near impossible to tell what the original fabric was. An eyepatch covers his right eye, with two scars running past the bottom and curling together.

Ace makes his way into the parking lot with a swagger to his step, almost jarringly out of place in the doom and gloom of the ravaged city. Peering around, he spots the golem immediately. He approaches it just in time to hear the last half of its sentence, coming to a stop behind it. "Sorry to interrupt," he pauses, his brow furrowing in momentary thought, "sir, but you mentioned you were missing someone?" He leans around the golem, pointing at the supermarket entrance. "From what I've gathered, pretty much everyone is gathering or trying to make their way here. Maybe she's in there?"
    [hr]

Beckett's Clinic

Beckett leads the way down the stairs, into the waiting room that makes up the entrance hall. By the front door are all the bags he and Iriel packed the previous night. There's a markable difference in weight between the bags Iriel will be carrying and the bags Beckett will be carrying, but that's just logic. A Delta Force soldier is going to be able to carry more than a teenaged girl.

As he reaches the bottom of the stairs, Beckett begins to speak. "Alright, listen close. You're going to be walking in front of me, and Nach'tt and his pet are going to be walking in front of you. <Nach'tt, you and dog walk frontwise of me and Iriel.> No matter what, don't do anything that will draw attention to you. If you need my attention, don't say anything or make any noise. Lift your left hand like this," Beckett demonstrates, holding his left hand clenched and a fist and up by his shoulder. "<Do this if need to speak. Try not make noise or sound.> When I say 'left', turn left. When I say 'right', turn right. When I say 'wall', get up as close to the nearest wall as you can and try to find something to hide behind. <When say> 'left' <go leftwise. When say> right <go rightwise. When say> 'wall' <get close to building side.>"

As Beckett speaks, he hands Iriel her packs, helping her get them on if need be. Once she's geared up, Beckett pulls on his own backpack and belt-bags before making his way over to the wall behind the reception desk. He presses his palm against a section of the wall, and pushes aside a panel to show a hidden vault sunk into the wall. There is a combination lock which is quickly opened, and the vault door swings open to reveal a small armoury. A combat rifle and a shotgun lay on a pair of racks, and a second pistol hangs in the doorway, as well as several clips of ammo and holsters for the pistol and the shotgun. The combat rifle has a strap from which it hangs, which Beckett pulls over his shoulder so it hangs crossing over the strap of his medical bag. The holsters are strapped on and the respective weapons are loaded and slide inside, and Beckett puts as much ammunition as he can into his waist-bags. By the time he's ready, he's finished his speech, and turns to face Iriel and Natt'ch. "Understood?"
    [hr]

MagFirmary

Moon Called watches as Saurous prepares for the spell, morbidly curious. Was she nervous? By the Hells, yes she is. She's about to get her bloody arm melted off in a ritual she didn't understand. She had no idea if it was going to hurt or not, and she wasn't really willing to ask out of suspicion the answer would be 'yes, quite a bit'. But, quite typically, the Ice Elf did her very best not to let her discomfort show, watching her lover with an expression of grim curiosity.

When he pulls out the diamond, though, her expression changes dramatically. Her eye widens, before a smirk pulls at her lips and her eye narrows. Looking down, she lifts her good hand, studying the ring finger intently.
    "You know, dear," she says, dryly amused. "If you just carry those big rocks around with you, I have to wonder why I'm not seeing one on my finger..."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    And now come more horrible things.
    [Inside]

Missy and Eddy will be meeting up... surprisingly enough with little difficulty. Many of the starspawn and Far-beasts seem to be vacating the city. Might have something to do with that huge tentacle descending out of the sky.

The tentacle that just had a huge explosion rip through it courtesy of a certain exploding air ship.

Florescent orange slime and mummified meat-chunks and a tentacle-piece the size of a mall are now descending toward Inside.
    Missy responds on instinct, hitting the deck, while protecting the two civvies with her body. It likely isn't terribly comfortable for the civvies in question. Heck, if she dropped the full weight of her power armour on them, it'd possibly be fatal. But it's definitely more comfortable than tentacle acid or the rubble that's going to be flying everywhere once the main segment hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Craftworld View Post
    First, I truly hope that I'm not intruding on this thread but I want to use this [Nexus] specific guy that I made...so I hope that it is ok if I join in, and if it is ok about where I choose to have him enter.
    MagMart-Parking Lot
    A flash of light happens but it is gone as soon as it appears. In its place a large iron statue standing 9' tall looms in the parking lot. The concrete under it cracks under the imense weight of the Golem. It looks around, the sound of whirring gears rolling as it turns from side to side. It notices Elena and Tirin.
    I am Golem. I am a Guardian. I lost my "friend" and I want to find her. Can you help me?
    It waits quietly for a response.
    ((If you mean this to be a regular Nexus character, this is the wrong thread, as it's sort of a doomed splinter timeline. If you want to play in the doomed timeline though, then this is fine. You can also have the same character in both. ))
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

Missy and company will find little in the way of debris hitting them as a shadowed figure suddenly appears standing above them. Edijar is hunched over slightly, and has his shield deployed. He grunts as a rather large piece bounces off, but otherwise seems okay.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart - Parking Lot]

What is it about robot-like creatures? They always seem to pick whenever is going to be perfectly timed to ruin important moments.

He tries to disengage from Elena gently, continuing to hold her up if she needs him to.

"Maybe. That depends. Tell us more."

10. - Top - End - #730
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    ((It's perfectly fine, Craftworld. Welcome to our little doomsday. A word of advice - don't get too attached to your character. He's probably going to be dead when all this is over.))

MagMart - Parking Lot

After the Golem's entrance, Ace's is somewhat less dramatic. Since he's not not actually attempting to make it flashy or exciting, the tall, wiry man poofing into existence behind the nine foot golem is rather understated.

He's a not unattractive figure. His brown hair is pulled into a ponytail, covered in a thin green and cream coloured wrap that resembles a Chinese finger trap, matching the sleeve that covers his right arm. He wears an old, indigo vest over his chest, which is currently buttoned up halfway, as well as a pair of pants that are covered in so many patches that it's near impossible to tell what the original fabric was. An eyepatch covers his right eye, with two scars running past the bottom and curling together.

Ace makes his way into the parking lot with a swagger to his step, almost jarringly out of place in the doom and gloom of the ravaged city. Peering around, he spots the golem immediately. He approaches it just in time to hear the last half of its sentence, coming to a stop behind it. "Sorry to interrupt," he pauses, his brow furrowing in momentary thought, "sir, but you mentioned you were missing someone?" He leans around the golem, pointing at the supermarket entrance. "From what I've gathered, pretty much everyone is gathering or trying to make their way here. Maybe she's in there?"
    <hr>
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    ((If you mean this to be a regular Nexus character, this is the wrong thread, as it's sort of a doomed splinter timeline. If you want to play in the doomed timeline though, then this is fine. You can also have the same character in both. ))
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [MagMart - Parking Lot]

What is it about robot-like creatures? They always seem to pick whenever is going to be perfectly timed to ruin important moments.

He tries to disengage from Elena gently, continuing to hold her up if she needs him to.

"Maybe. That depends. Tell us more."
    ((First, thank you for letting me join. Second, I am fine with Golem dying because I created it to protect people...and in the process gave him weapons sorta like the blades that Optimus Prime has in the Transformers movies. Lastly, I appoligise for ruining the moment between Tirin and Elena...not the most thought out plan that my life has had thus far.))

MagMart Parking Lot

Golem looks down at Ace, and as it does so he sees a glint of golden light near where its neck joins with its body...is it a pendant, a necklace? It looks like it is trying to tell if he is lying but it being made of metal, it is hard for Ace to tell. Then satisfied with its attempt to sense deception it looks up towards the MagMart and nods.
    Maybe she is...I hope that she is. I have not seen her since the siege.
    A sense of sadness can be detected in the Golem's voice as it says this. Golem begins to walk towards the MagMart, cement buckling slightly under its weight.
    Last edited by Craftworld; 2011-09-04 at 08:44 AM.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Barbarian in the Playground

MagMart - Parking Lot
    ((Nah, I was waiting for someone to ruin the moment))
    "Good luck Metal Man."
    Elena continued to lean on Tirin.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart - Parking Lot]

((I was kidding. It's fine.))

Tirin continues to support her, then.

"So, did you find out anything about my sister, other than what I remembered?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-09-04 at 09:02 AM.

13. - Top - End - #733

MagMart - Parking Lot
    "Er....um....noooooooo......"
    She was totally and completely lying.
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #734
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Beckett's Clinic

Beckett leads the way down the stairs, into the waiting room that makes up the entrance hall. By the front door are all the bags he and Iriel packed the previous night. There's a markable difference in weight between the bags Iriel will be carrying and the bags Beckett will be carrying, but that's just logic. A Delta Force soldier is going to be able to carry more than a teenaged girl.

As he reaches the bottom of the stairs, Beckett begins to speak. "Alright, listen close. You're going to be walking in front of me, and Nach'tt and his pet are going to be walking in front of you. <Nach'tt, you and dog walk frontwise of me and Iriel.> No matter what, don't do anything that will draw attention to you. If you need my attention, don't say anything or make any noise. Lift your left hand like this," Beckett demonstrates, holding his left hand clenched and a fist and up by his shoulder. "<Do this if need to speak. Try not make noise or sound.> When I say 'left', turn left. When I say 'right', turn right. When I say 'wall', get up as close to the nearest wall as you can and try to find something to hide behind. <When say> 'left' <go leftwise. When say> right <go rightwise. When say> 'wall' <get close to building side.>"

As Beckett speaks, he hands Iriel her packs, helping her get them on if need be. Once she's geared up, Beckett pulls on his own backpack and belt-bags before making his way over to the wall behind the reception desk. He presses his palm against a section of the wall, and pushes aside a panel to show a hidden vault sunk into the wall. There is a combination lock which is quickly opened, and the vault door swings open to reveal a small armoury. A combat rifle and a shotgun lay on a pair of racks, and a second pistol hangs in the doorway, as well as several clips of ammo and holsters for the pistol and the shotgun. The combat rifle has a strap from which it hangs, which Beckett pulls over his shoulder so it hangs crossing over the strap of his medical bag. The holsters are strapped on and the respective weapons are loaded and slide inside, and Beckett puts as much ammunition as he can into his waist-bags. By the time he's ready, he's finished his speech, and turns to face Iriel and Natt'ch. "Understood?"
    Iriel will heft up her bags. She puts on a backpack, fanny pack, and a tote bag or small duffel bag over each shoulder. When she sees all the guns, she makes a "wow" face, but says nothing.

After the explanation, Iriel nods. "This," She holds up her left hand in a fist, "if I want to speak. Otherwise, complete silence. If you say 'left,' we will take the left path. If you say 'right,' we will take the right path. If you say 'wall,' get to cover or flatten yourselves against the wall. Right."

This is the utmost in five-minute stealth training. Honestly, if more escort missions could begin with setting a number of commands for your escortee, many video games would be much easier.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart - Parking Lot]

((If she did, then she'll have found that his sister managed to survive, due to being bitten by a were-snake.))

Tirin... Doesn't look to happy about this.

"Really? Because that's not what it sounds like."

He scans her.

16. - Top - End - #736

MagMart - Parking Lot
    "I......uh....don't know anything at all........nothing about a were-snake or anything......."
    She didn't want to tell him because he might get very very angry!
    She's quite nervous but also guilty.
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart - Parking Lot]

"Since I didn't mention Were-kin, and the only ones I saw there were of tigerish descent, clearly you do know something."

He pauses for a moment, and his voice gets softer when he next speaks. He tries to pull her into a hug.

"Look, if there's a good reason you can't tell me, can you at least tell me what it is?"

18. - Top - End - #738

MagMart - Parking Lot
    "You have to promise not to be mad though.......it's something important."
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart - Parking Lot]

"Of course."

At her, that is.

20. - Top - End - #740

MagMart - Parking Lot
    "Your sister's alive........and she's a were-snake."
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart - Parking Lot]

Tirin blinks.

"Well. I wasn't expecting that. But I'm glad she's alive. Which clan?"

((Clan Y'Sarmor, if she knows. If not, she might know that Tirin's sister has alternate forms of Naga and Burmese Python, which would allow him to tell.))

22. - Top - End - #742

MagMart - Parking Lot
    "Clan Y'Sarmor."
    She doesn't waste money on bad seers.
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Beckett's Clinic]

Nach'tt nods and tries to repeat the instructions as good as he can.

"(Lift left arm if I want to speak, turn left if you say "Left" and right if you say "right". Run to nearest building side if you say "wall")"

Mitta simply nods and prods the MechaniKobold to remind him of the first instruction.

"(And we walk front! My thanks, Mitta)"

Nach'tt pets the Wolfhound before returning his attention to Beckett.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart - Parking Lot]

Tirin smiles.

"That's good. We actually trade with them sometimes."

He pauses for a minute.

"So, why were you so worried?"

25. - Top - End - #745

MagMart - Parking Lot
    "I thought you might freak out over it. Not everyone is so calm about finding out that their sibling is a were-anything."
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart - Parking Lot]

"Right now, I'm just glad she's alive. And Y'Sarmor isn't a bad clan."

27. - Top - End - #747

MagMart - Parking Lot
    "As long as you're okay with it, I'm okay with it."
    She sat down on a humvee's open trunk.
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart - Parking Lot]

Tirin tries to sit down next to her.

"I'm alright with it. And thank you for telling me."

29. - Top - End - #749

MagMart - Parking Lot
    "Then there's something else I need to tell you.....since you received that news so well......"
    She seemed rather nervous about it, Tirin might realize that Elena is giving off both her emotions and someone else's emotions.Since every trope needs to be fulfilled.......
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart - Parking Lot]

"Okay. Does it have anything to do with why you're giving off two sets of emotions?"