New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [DragonsITP] Dragons, Dragons Everywhere! Redux OOC

Have you ever wondered what does it feel like to roleplay as a dragon? How about a dragon out of many in a high-fantasy world? A dragon that’s vying for power, wealth or even love with all the other dragons in the world.

Look no further!

Okay, cheesy blurb aside, this is an attempt to gauge interest in starting up an all-dragon FFRP. Inspired by Pokonic’s original dragon game, here I am again, trying to see if we can restart it in some manner. You can read about the original IC thread here. (OOC gone, sadly enough, unless someone managed to archive it.)

So, how would this game even run, you might ask. Well, I am in the midst of building an original magi-tech(k) setting for this, or at least, the general outlines. But of course, having a setting is no fun if you don’t actually use it. And I always liked the idea for collaborative story-telling and world-building. That's where you, interested readers, come in. It's actually rather easy. Create a dragon, and roleplay away! If you decide that your dragon comes with a whole load of backstory and might even have affected the world, go for it. If you prefer to just be yourself and take the world as it is, that's fine too! There's no pressure to roleplay more than you're comfortable with.

So, uh, anyone interested?

Update: Very, very rough draft of the world here.

Update2: Characters go into here.

Character sheets, everyone loves them! Use one of these:
    Spoiler: Character Sheet
    Show
    Description
    Name: (Your name, of course)
    Body: (Describe your general body. Standard, feathered, landwyrm, wyvern, sea serpent, hydra, naga, eastern... )
    Head: (Smooth or ridged. Or perhaps adorned with bling.)
    Horns: (Have them? Short or long?)
    Claws: (Surely you have these, right?)
    Scale Color: (Pick your favourite!)
    Size: (Average? Large? Small? XXXXS?)
    Body length: (Long or short?)
    Wings: (Can you fly? If so, you should have these. Comes in leathery, feathery or magical forms. Or anything else you might think of!)
    Tail: (Long? Short? Bladed? Spiked? Bare? Doubles as a weapon in desperate times too!)
    Breath: (Do you breathe fire? Or something more exotic, like ice, lightning, poison, acid or even just water.)
    Additional modifications: (Do you have extra accessories? List them here!)

Detailed description: (If you like.)

Personality: (Tell us about yourself. Or don’t, and be the mysterious dragon of the night.)

Relationship: (Have a grudge against someone? Burned down a floating town on a lake recently? Perhaps you serve a king? Detail them here.)

History: (When I was a young hatchling…)

Stats
    Strength:
    Agility:
    Intelligence:
    Wisdom:
    Toughness:
    Charisma:

Abilities
    Purely for reference. This section is entirely optional.

My thanks to Rater202 for providing this:
    Spoiler: Alternate sheet
    Show
    Description
    Name:
    Sex/Gender:
    Dragon type-Body Type and/or Species or subspecies of dragon
    Spoiler: Psychical description
    Show
    What you look like, in Detail, including head shape, wings if present, size, number of limbs, scale or other hide color, and other specific details on your dragon.

Spoiler: Personality and history
    Show
    Who you are and where you come from.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show
    Describe your dragon-How strong are they? Do they have breath weapon? Can the fly? If so, how? Do they have magical powers or unique abilities? Are they poisonous? Be specific as possible, if you're a big dragon who can lift several tons, describe how many tons they can lift, and how long they cans support it. If they have natural weapons, give at least a general idea of how sharp the fangs or claws or horns are. How tough are your scales ad bones compared to, say, a human's body?
    Last edited by Grif; 2016-04-24 at 11:07 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Gauging Interest] Dragons, Dragons Everywhere! Redux

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Have you ever wondered what does it feel like to roleplay as a dragon? How about a dragon out of many in a high-fantasy world? A dragon that’s vying for power, wealth or even love with all the other dragons in the world.

Look no further!

Okay, cheesy blurb aside, this is an attempt to gauge interest in starting up an all-dragon FFRP. Inspired by Pokonic’s original dragon game, here I am again, trying to see if we can restart it in some manner. You can read about the original IC thread here. (OOC gone, sadly enough, unless someone managed to archive it.)

So, how would this game even run, you might ask. Well, I am in the midst of building an original magi-tech(k) setting for this, or at least, the general outlines. But of course, having a setting is no fun if you don’t actually use it. And I always liked the idea for collaborative story-telling and world-building. That's where you, interested readers, come in. It's actually rather easy. Create a dragon, and roleplay away! If you decide that your dragon comes with a whole load of backstory and might even have affected the world, go for it.

So, uh, anyone interested?
    Let's hope your foray into this method yields more promise than mine. I don't want to throw a pity party or anything. I'd rather have others do it for me. I'll act surprised, I promise.

As for your concept, I'm intrigued, but I'd have to hear more about the backstory before I make a commitment. Consider me on the hook.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing as I'm an experienced dragon roleplayer, you can count me in. I can reprise my old character ideas, and possibly bring in some new ones.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Sound intresting. How should the sheet looks like?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Yung Crunk View Post
    Let's hope your foray into this method yields more promise than mine. I don't want to throw a pity party or anything. I'd rather have others do it for me. I'll act surprised, I promise.

As for your concept, I'm intrigued, but I'd have to hear more about the backstory before I make a commitment. Consider me on the hook.
    Fair enough! I hope your game goes well. Shame I am personally not interested in Who. I'll try and get a backstory up by this week.

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Seeing as I'm an experienced dragon roleplayer, you can count me in. I can reprise my old character ideas, and possibly bring in some new ones.
    Yay! Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Sound intresting. How should the sheet looks like?
    Good question. The original rules have long disappeared into the aether, but I'd most probably reuse the sheet Pokonic had used, with some modifications for free form play.

Here's the sheet in question:
    Spoiler
    Show
    STATS
    Name:
    Head:
    Horns:
    Claws:
    Scale Color:
    Body length:
    Tail:
    Breath:
    Stats:
    Health:
    Strength:
    Agility:
    Intelligence:
    Toughness:
    Charisma:
    Evilness:
    Cruelty:
    Intimidation:
    Fame:
    Trustworthiness:

ATTACKS

It's not final, but something like this would be used as a guideline for character sheets.

6. - Top - End - #6

Spoiler
    Show
    STATS
    Name:
    Head:
    Horns:
    Claws:
    Scale Color:
    Body length:
    Tail:
    Breath:
    Stats:
    Health:
    Strength:
    Agility:
    Intelligence:
    Toughness:
    Charisma:
    Evilness:
    Cruelty:
    Intimidation:
    Fame:
    Trustworthiness:

ATTACKS
    You might have to post an example sheet to give context for a lot of these vague fields.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

You might have to post an example sheet to give context for a lot of these vague fields.
    There are some in the old thread. Here's mine.

Spoiler: Sparkwing's Sheet
    Show
    Name: Sparkwing.
    Body: Standard.
    Head: Rough.
    Horns: Standard.
    Claws: Standard.
    Scale Color: Blue.
    Body length: Short.
    Tail: Bladed.
    Breath: Lightning.
    Stats:
    Health: 86
    Strength: 50
    Agility: 65
    Intelligence: 60
    Toughness: 45
    Charisma: 50
    Evilness: 50
    Cruelty: 50
    Intimidation: 65
    Fame: 0
    Trustworthiness: 50

ATTACKS
    Claws - 16
    Bite - 20
    Tail - 23
    Ramming- 19

Note that these stats are from the old version of the system, and do not necessarily reflect either the rules Grif will use or any incarnation of Sparkwing I may play. I expect Grif will want to scale down many of the stats by a factor of 5, and I'd have lowered Sparkwing's Strength in exchange for more Charisma if I'd had the chance.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

I have roleplayed a dragon once before, and I am eager to do so again.

as for the setting: well I've got my own ideas for an entire dragon culture, but at the same time I don't want it to affect the entire setting. especially since I have no idea what said setting is like and might not work in it?

also the dragon I will be roleplaying will be new version of an old character of mine: Zarakkan, a mad scientist dragon who is a half breed of a blue dragon and a red dragon. and no, he is not purple. thats not how genetics work.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

I have to ask what kind of dragons and also why there are numerical stats-especially health, in a Freeform game?

I imagine just having a "ranking system" for a general idea of how stronger, fast, big, good at flying, hard to hurt you are etc. for general comparison and stuff would be enough, for freeform purposes, perhaps on a letter scale?

In particular, in a free form game things like charisma, fame, and trust worthyness should be handled entirely though roleplaying.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2016-04-09 at 12:26 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I agree with Rater, I mean the stats I would put for "Evilness" and "Cruelty" alone would be "No" and "Hell No." for anyone I want to be sympathetic.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I have to ask what kind of dragons and also why there are numerical stats-especially health, in a Freeform game?

I imagine just having a "ranking system" for a general idea of how stronger, fast, big, good at flying, hard to hurt you are etc. for general comparison and stuff would be enough, for freeform purposes, perhaps on a letter scale?

In particular, in a free form game things like charisma, fame, and trust worthyness should be handled entirely though roleplaying.
    Yeah, the stats will probably be more guidelines than hard-and-fast restrictions; they suggest what you might be able to do, but don't dictate it. And I guess it doesn't make a lot of sense to set reputation- and alignment-based variables at the start; it'll be more that what happens in-game affects those stats than the other way around.

As for the type of dragon, that's pretty flexible. The old rules allowed for small dragons, big dragons, dragons that breathed acid, lightning, fire, ice, sonic waves or healing energy, dragons without special breath, multi-headed hydras, legless dragons, dragons with blisteringly hot hides... You get the idea. As long as it's a dragon of some kind, it'll probably be fine.

12. - Top - End - #12

Are there races other than Dragons in this setting or is this like, just an all dragon world? Because, well, you know that Denominational where it's the knight, and the princess is in skimpy clothing and chained to a rock, and then there's a dragon approaching them, and the caption is "I've come to rescue you." "No you fool, you're going to ruin everything, now get out of here before my girlfriend gets back."

I'v kind of got like, a lot of dragon and dragonlike characters, and one of them is the result of a situation where maidns from a kingdom are sent to a dragon's den to serenade the dragon with sweet songs in exchange for the dragon serving as a guardian, and one of the maidens kind of um,developing a thing for the dragon and vice versa...

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll post my tentative interest in this. I like dragons a whole awful lot, but I've never really RPed one, since they're usually so overpowered. But in a game full of them, that won't be a problem! Wee!
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

So many questions while I was asleep! I'll try my best to answer them all.

Purity already posted one, but I'll explain more below.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    as for the setting: well I've got my own ideas for an entire dragon culture, but at the same time I don't want it to affect the entire setting. especially since I have no idea what said setting is like and might not work in it?
    The thing I'm trying to shoot for is that I establish a general framework for the region, and then players can set their own stories in it accordingly. If you like, PM me your stuff, and we'll see if we can incorporate it into the setting.

The original had numerical stats. But obviously, that wouldn't work in a freeform.

Here's how I think it would go:
    There's three parts to the sheet:
    - The first part is "cosmetics". They should describe your dragon. Aside from that, entirely optional.
    - "Stats" are a rough guideline only. There's no pressure to actually conform strictly to it, though obviously, you'd want it to be as accurate as possible to prevent possible player misunderstandings. It's like rankings, but a little more precise, in my mind.
    - The "reputation" stats (charisma, fame, trustworthiness) would probably be left out of the actual character sheet. Instead, I may just assign it to the character once you posted your backstory, if only to give the player a sense of how well-known they are, and how they're regarded. They'll probably be deprecated as soon as we get the RP going in earnest, but I feel it'll make a nice starting baseline for interactions.

Are there races other than Dragons in this setting or is this like, just an all dragon world? Because, well, you know that Denominational where it's the knight, and the princess is in skimpy clothing and chained to a rock, and then there's a dragon approaching them, and the caption is "I've come to rescue you." "No you fool, you're going to ruin everything, now get out of here before my girlfriend gets back."

I'v kind of got like, a lot of dragon and dragonlike characters, and one of them is the result of a situation where maidns from a kingdom are sent to a dragon's den to serenade the dragon with sweet songs in exchange for the dragon serving as a guardian, and one of the maidens kind of um,developing a thing for the dragon and vice versa...
    Yes, there will be other races. The usual fantasy-fare of humans, elves, dwarves, etc, but in a setting where magic and tech are both used together. However, since dragons are quite numerous as well, they won't automatically be the awe-inspiring beasts as they would be in fantasy, but will be treated more like an every-day occurrence. (You still can be an awe-inspiring beast yourself, of course. But your fellows might be overshadowed as a result.)

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Can we start as a legendary dragons already?
    I.. had an idea for a dragon for rulling a dwarf kingdom

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #16

(You still can be an awe-inspiring beast yourself, of course. But your fellows might be overshadowed as a result.)
    I don't mind being overshadowed. Being the little guy is an underrated role.

17. - Top - End - #17

So many questions while I was asleep! I'll try my best to answer them all.

Purity already posted one, but I'll explain more below.

The thing I'm trying to shoot for is that I establish a general framework for the region, and then players can set their own stories in it accordingly. If you like, PM me your stuff, and we'll see if we can incorporate it into the setting.

The original had numerical stats. But obviously, that wouldn't work in a freeform.

Here's how I think it would go:
    There's three parts to the sheet:
    - The first part is "cosmetics". They should describe your dragon. Aside from that, entirely optional.
    - "Stats" are a rough guideline only. There's no pressure to actually conform strictly to it, though obviously, you'd want it to be as accurate as possible to prevent possible player misunderstandings. It's like rankings, but a little more precise, in my mind.
    - The "reputation" stats (charisma, fame, trustworthiness) would probably be left out of the actual character sheet. Instead, I may just assign it to the character once you posted your backstory, if only to give the player a sense of how well-known they are, and how they're regarded. They'll probably be deprecated as soon as we get the RP going in earnest, but I feel it'll make a nice starting baseline for interactions.

Yes, there will be other races. The usual fantasy-fare of humans, elves, dwarves, etc, but in a setting where magic and tech are both used together. However, since dragons are quite numerous as well, they won't automatically be the awe-inspiring beasts as they would be in fantasy, but will be treated more like an every-day occurrence. (You still can be an awe-inspiring beast yourself, of course. But your fellows might be overshadowed as a result.)
    Okay, maybe the elf-dragon inst the best choice.

Hmmm. I once had an idea for a rare type of dragon-their "true dragons" that have little to no magical ability, no natural breath weapon, ad their wings don't necessarily work right so they have troubles flying if they can at all. In terms of size they're between the size of dogs and about the size of a tall human, if they stood up on their hind legs.

They're rare because, being naturally so such weaker than other dragons, they're easily stamped out in conflict with other dragons. So, what's th e trade off? They can absorb the traits of things they eat-eat rocks and metals and their bones and scales become harder, eat the flesh of an animal that's known for strength, they get stronger, that kind of thing. Eat something bigger than they are, and they can make themselves grow.Eat a bird or other flyer, and the wings get stronger.

Eat the heart of a magical creature, they gain some of its magical powers or ones similar to it. Eat a magic item, get some of it's properties. Eat something enfused with elemental or magical energy, and then the dragon has a breath weapon.

There's two ways this could go-The first is that my example of this species is bitter over being so weak when other kinds of dragon are so strong and is deliberately hunting for things to eat so that he can become strong enough to "Show them, show them All! Muhahahahah!"... But I've kind of already done a character like that in another game(though he's grown out of it to a degree.)

The other option is I make it a full on Toriko reference with a dragon that's a master chef who thinks that cooking his meals just right will maximize the power he gets from the food.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Can we start as a legendary dragons already?
    I.. had an idea for a dragon for rulling a dwarf kingdom
    You may. Though I would try and shoot for something that isn't too bombastic.

I don't mind being overshadowed. Being the little guy is an underrated role.
    Indeed.

Okay, maybe the elf-dragon inst the best choice.

Hmmm. I once had an idea for a rare type of dragon-their "true dragons" that have little to no magical ability, no natural breath weapon, ad their wings don't necessarily work right so they have troubles flying if they can at all. In terms of size they're between the size of dogs and about the size of a tall human, if they stood up on their hind legs.

They're rare because, being naturally so such weaker than other dragons, they're easily stamped out in conflict with other dragons. So, what's th e trade off? They can absorb the traits of things they eat-eat rocks and metals and their bones and scales become harder, eat the flesh of an animal that's known for strength, they get stronger, that kind of thing. Eat something bigger than they are, and they can make themselves grow.Eat a bird or other flyer, and the wings get stronger.

Eat the heart of a magical creature, they gain some of its magical powers or ones similar to it. Eat a magic item, get some of it's properties. Eat something enfused with elemental or magical energy, and then the dragon has a breath weapon.

There's two ways this could go-The first is that my example of this species is bitter over being so weak when other kinds of dragon are so strong and is deliberately hunting for things to eat so that he can become strong enough to "Show them, show them All! Muhahahahah!"... But I've kind of already done a character like that in another game(though he's grown out of it to a degree.)

The other option is I make it a full on Toriko reference with a dragon that's a master chef who thinks that cooking his meals just right will maximize the power he gets from the food.
    A "Kirby" dragon sounds a little terrifying, actually. And not at all dragon-like. But an interesting idea nonetheless. The second sounds more like a Gordon Ramsey.

19. - Top - End - #19

A "Kirby" dragon sounds a little terrifying, actually. And not at all dragon-like. But an interesting idea nonetheless. The second sounds more like a Gordon Ramsey.
    Not quite a Kirby dragon-Kirby absorbs 100% of the special abilities of what he eats, it's temporary, and he can only have so many at a time-these dragons sort of absorb a portion of the strengths of things they eat. Dragons are sometimes depicted as engines of destruction that devour everything in sight, and this idea kind of plays to that.

There's also be a diminishing returns thing, i think-once you've eaten a rock to make your scales harder, eating that same rock in'st going to do as much, so you'd have to eat more and more and more of that rock each time for a noticeable increase in hardness and eventually it just won't be worth it and you'll have to find another kind of rock-one that's even harder,and after you eat that you'll either need to eat more and more of it or find an even harder rock.

Likewise, if you consume a bull to gain some of it's strength, next time you'd have to consume two or three for the same boost and the time after that you'd have to eat an entire herd of cattle for the same bonus.

I also think there'd have to be a bear minimum amount consumed to get anything out of it and hat plants and animals would have to be consumed relatively fresh before.

And I think that any absorbed powers would manifest in dragon-like ways whenever possible-eating the heart of a demon-spider wouldn't give the dragon the power to walk on walls or spinnerets, but it might give it a breath weapon of magical threads to slow down or immobilize things.

As for the second one, well, the idea was for an eccentric character-He thinks that if he cooks the stuff he eats just right and maximize the flavor and pays respect to the stuff it's made of, and pairs it with other ingredients that complement it on both flavor and theme, that he'll maximize the portion of the power he absorbs from it. If you've ever seen Toriko or read the Manga, it's a bit like food honor.

Whether or not it actually works or if it's just a crazy dragon being crazy will be ambiguous unless and until such a time as it would be funny, awesome, or dramatic for it to be proven one way or the other.

also, the idea of a master chef that's a monster (dragon) makes me laugh,

If it doesn't work I've got other ideas.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2016-04-10 at 01:57 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Not quite a Kirby dragon-Kirby absorbs 100% of the special abilities of what he eats, it's temporary, and he can only have so many at a time-these dragons sort of absorb a portion of the strengths of things they eat. Dragons are sometimes depicted as engines of destruction that devour everything in sight, and this idea kind of plays to that.

There's also be a diminishing returns thing, i think-once you've eaten a rock to make your scales harder, eating that same rock in'st going to do as much, so you'd have to eat more and more and more of that rock each time for a noticeable increase in hardness and eventually it just won't be worth it and you'll have to find another kind of rock-one that's even harder,and after you eat that you'll either need to eat more and more of it or find an even harder rock.

Likewise, if you consume a bull to gain some of it's strength, next time you'd have to consume two or three for the same boost and the time after that you'd have to eat an entire herd of cattle for the same bonus.

I also think there'd have to be a bear minimum amount consumed to get anything out of it and hat plants and animals would have to be consumed relatively fresh before.

And I think that any absorbed powers would manifest in dragon-like ways whenever possible-eating the heart of a demon-spider wouldn't give the dragon the power to walk on walls or spinnerets, but it might give it a breath weapon of magical threads to slow down or immobilize things.
    Hm, seems fine then. Although your character might still be looked upon rather curiously by your fellow dragons. But maybe that's your intention.

As for the second one, well, the idea was for an eccentric character-He thinks that if he cooks the stuff he eats just right and maximize the flavor and pays respect to the stuff it's made of, and pairs it with other ingredients that complement it on both flavor and theme, that he'll maximize the portion of the power he absorbs from it. If you've ever seen Toriko or read the Manga, it's a bit like food honor.

Whether or not it actually works or if it's just a crazy dragon being crazy will be ambiguous unless and until such a time as it would be funny, awesome, or dramatic for it to be proven one way or the other.

also, the idea of a master chef that's a monster (dragon) makes me laugh,

If it doesn't work I've got other ideas.
    I actually like this idea better, if only because quirky personalities always spices up any sort of RP.

Also, for those who are following the progress of the world, here's a very, very rough draft. Comments and thoughts are appreciated. Bear in mind it is not complete yet.

21. - Top - End - #21

I actually like this idea better
    There's no "better" here-it's an idea specifically for my "rare eater dragon" race.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

There's no "better" here-it's an idea specifically for my "rare eater dragon" race.
    I see. Carry on then!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Alright.. how about a son of dragon who died protecting his dwarvem kingdom.
    Now he have to try to fill his father's role

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright.. how about a son of dragon who died protecting his dwarvem kingdom.
    Now he have to try to fill his father's role
    Sounds interesting! Would look forward to seeing you flesh out this idea.

25. - Top - End - #25

Right. When do we start?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Right. When do we start?
    I presume as soon as a significant majority of us has got their characters ready and willing to start the RP. Which reminds me I should really post up a sample character sheet as guidelines. Thanks for that.

27. - Top - End - #27

I look forward to it.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Let's see if this works. An updated character sheet, as well as a sample for our visiting dragon, Smaug the Golden.

Spoiler: Character Sheet
    Show
    Description
    Name: (Your name, of course)
    Body: (Describe your general body. Standard, feathered, landwyrm, wyvern, sea serpent, hydra, naga, eastern... )
    Head: (Smooth or ridged. Or perhaps adorned with bling.)
    Horns: (Have them? Short or long?)
    Claws: (Surely you have these, right?)
    Scale Color: (Pick your favourite!)
    Size: (Average? Large? Small? XXXXS?)
    Body length: (Long or short?)
    Wings: (Can you fly? If so, you should have these. Comes in leathery, feathery or magical forms. Or anything else you might think of!)
    Tail: (Long? Short? Bladed? Spiked? Bare? Doubles as a weapon in desperate times too!)
    Breath: (Do you breathe fire? Or something more exotic, like ice, lightning, poison, acid or even just water.)
    Additional modifications: (Do you have extra accessories? List them here!)

Detailed description: (If you like.)

Personality: (Tell us about yourself. Or don’t, and be the mysterious dragon of the night.)

Relationship: (Have a grudge against someone? Burned down a floating town on a lake recently? Perhaps you serve a king? Detail them here.)

History: (When I was a young hatchling…)

Stats
    A 10 would be considered average amongst dragonkind. 20 would be considered first-rate. 30 means you’re probably the best in the world at this. Rate yourself accordingly.
    Strength:
    Agility:
    Intelligence:
    Wisdom:
    Toughness:
    Charisma:

Unless stated otherwise, you can leave these out. Your resident storyteller will assign them based on your backstory. Rate on a scale of -10 to 10.
    Goodness/Evilness:
    Compassion/Cruelty:
    Intimidation:
    Fame:
    Trustworthiness:

Attacks
    Purely for reference. This section is entirely optional.

Spoiler: Smaug the Golden
    Show
    Description
    Name: Smaug
    Body: Wyvern
    Head: Smooth
    Horns: None
    Claws: Normal
    Scale Color: Golden
    Size: Large
    Body length: Long
    Wings: Leathery
    Tail: Long
    Breath: Fire
    Additional modifications: Has only two legs, with his wings molded into part of his forelegs

Detailed description
    : Also has eyes like those of a cat.

Personality: Smaug is a most specially greedy, strong and wicked dragon. Yes, really. He also really, really, really likes gold.

Relationship
    : Does not like the dwarves, humans, elves, hobbits, orcs and goblins. Hates other dragons. Applications for minions are still ongoing.

History: Smaug likes gold. A lot. So much so that he went and claimed the riches of the Lonely Mountain for himself. Oh, and he also burned quite a bit of dwarves there.

Stats
    Strength: 20
    Agility: 16
    Intelligence: 16
    Wisdom: 12
    Toughness: 24
    Charisma: 12

Smaug is decidedly not average, as you can imagine.

Compassion/Cruelty: -8
    Intimidation: 10
    Fame: 10
    Trustworthiness: -2

Attacks
    Fire breath
    Tail swing
    Fireball attack
    Great roar
    Last edited by Grif; 2016-04-11 at 11:23 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29

I still don't like that sheet-there shouldn't be a reputation section at all and Numerical values for stats just feels wrong-Especially since we don't have a scale[-What exactly is Average for a dragon, anyway? And average how? is 30 the absolute maximum or is it just exceptional.

And do physical attributes scale with the size of a dragon or are we expected to adjust accordingly?

I still think a that either we use a letter scale system to keep things more general-E D C B A S, maybe? or just have people describe their physical attributes in an ability section in the sheet?

Speaking of which, only having a section on attacks and a breath weapon is kind of unfair-there are stories of dragons with magical powers or abilities other than breath weapons and natural weapons-really there should just be an "abilities" section that we fill in on our own.

And I still don't think we need a reputation system at all-that should be pure roleplay, putting numbers on it just gets people upset when people ignore it.

And whose the storyteller? This is freeform, there is no storyteller in freeform.

If I may?
    Spoiler: Alternate sheet
    Show
    Description
    Name:
    Sex/Gender:
    Dragon type-Body Type and/or Species or subspecies of dragon
    Spoiler: Psychical description
    Show
    What you look like, in Detail, including head shape, wings if present, size, number of limbs, scale or other hide color, and other specific details on your dragon.

Spoiler: Personality and history
    Show
    Who you are and where you come from.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show
    Describe your dragon-How strong are they? Do they have breath weapon? Can the fly? If so, how? Do they have magical powers or unique abilities? Are they poisonous? Be specific as possible, if you're a big dragon who can lift several tons, describe how many tons they can lift, and how long they cans support it. If they have natural weapons, give at least a general idea of how sharp the fangs or claws or horns are. How tough are your scales ad bones compared to, say, a human's body?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2016-04-11 at 03:08 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Waiting for final form of sheet..

------
    My previouse Avater