New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Free Port

"Can't we do the first one? That sounds more fun."

Great, another one."

"What was that?"

But Sophia has already moved away, to wait for Ship to enter the compound. She moves next to Marren and Nureen. "The Blur is infiltrating the compound with a prisoner, we're to infiltrate the compound after he enters."

She looks at Marren, "Maybe you should hang back, if Belsheroth isn't protecting you anymore~ She leaves the last unsaid.

Inside the Compound

((Assuming the Doctor goes with them))

As Ship- eherm Mother Bird takes you through the door, you are greeted by what seems to be a dilaptated old wooden building's interior. In fact, that's all it seems to be.

"Give me your knife."

"What?"

"If I'm gonna sell that the other two died from an ambush (as I've been telling her with my mind) I need some cuts."

Sandra nodded to her sheathed knife. Ship did what needed to be done, his arm, his face, and his torso now bearing a few nasty looking cuts.

"Errgh, show time."

"You're insane."

"No, I'm practical and you need to keep your mouth shut."

Ship leads you through the winding corridors of the rotting wooden building. The creaking floors do nothing good for the nerves. Eventually you find a staircase leading down, the only one with a light shining from the bottom.

"All right, better start praying the others are doing their job."

Ship descends the stairs, Sandra in front of him.

As this happens Sophia makes to enter the building.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Elemental, your decision if the others go with her.

Hazen Keep

Chekov looked at the spear tip derisively, if a normal mortal was holding that, he could dodge it four times. For now, he decided to play it coy.

"Who are you? And what is this talk about 'Vampires'?"

Vampires still being a secret, he was curious to know how this person had found them out, maybe this will pull it out of him with little effort on Chekov's part.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Free Port

"Can't we do the first one? That sounds more fun."

Great, another one."

"What was that?"

But Sophia has already moved away, to wait for Ship to enter the compound. She moves next to Marren and Nureen. "The Blur is infiltrating the compound with a prisoner, we're to infiltrate the compound after he enters."

She looks at Marren, "Maybe you should hang back, if Belsheroth isn't protecting you anymore~ She leaves the last unsaid.

Inside the Compound

((Assuming the Doctor goes with them))

As Ship- eherm Mother Bird takes you through the door, you are greeted by what seems to be a dilaptated old wooden building's interior. In fact, that's all it seems to be.

"Give me your knife."

"What?"

"If I'm gonna sell that the other two died from an ambush (as I've been telling her with my mind) I need some cuts."

Sandra nodded to her sheathed knife. Ship did what needed to be done, his arm, his face, and his torso now bearing a few nasty looking cuts.

"Errgh, show time."

"You're insane."

"No, I'm practical and you need to keep your mouth shut."

Ship leads you through the winding corridors of the rotting wooden building. The creaking floors do nothing good for the nerves. Eventually you find a staircase leading down, the only one with a light shining from the bottom.

"All right, better start praying the others are doing their job."

Ship descends the stairs, Sandra in front of him.

As this happens Sophia makes to enter the building.
    The Doctor masquerades as Sandra's shadow, trying to keep his mind as blank as possible and hoping that they'd focus more on the obvious threat than the shadow of a human woman.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #393

Hazen Keep

"Who I am is no concern of you," he replies. He tilts his axe slightly to show that he is the one who should be in control of this situation, and asking the questions. "What matters is that I know, and now I need to know more."

4. - Top - End - #394

Hazen Keep

Colonel Chekov frowns, "Put the weapon away and perhaps I'll let you live long enough to hear my answer."

Free Port

Ship descends slowly down the rickety stairs, as he is about to knock a disturbingly familiar voice sounds from the other side, "Enter."

Ship stiffens for a moment, then opens the door.

On the other side of the door is an ill lit room covered with numerous furnishings, a large chest, a closet, paintings, a bed. There are four figures, two of them, both Blur, are hastily packing a large trunk. The other two figures include a massive man with a double handed blade adorning his back, beside him sitting on a wooden throne, is a little girl, she is the one who speaks.

"Now what've yah brought Big Momma?"

Ship swallowed trying his best to mimic Teapot's accent, "I found 'er outside. She said she waz-"

"I know 'er. Sandra, dear, I just negotiated wit' yer Kingdom. What're yah here fer?"

"Waitasecond, you are not Big Momma, I've seen Big Momma."

"Hate tah break it tah yah Childe, yah ne'er seen Big Momma and you ain't seeing 'er now."

Ship sends a mental message to the Doctor. "She's here, just not the girl in front of us, probably one of the Blur behind her."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

5. - Top - End - #395

Hazen Keep

"Fine" he says, restoring the weapon to it's place unsheathed around his belt. "But please, no threats. I am very good at disappearing when things go awry." he tugs at his cloak tighter, pulling it closer over his face now that his weapon is away, then he continues "You do not deny vampirism.(?)" it was only half a question.

6. - Top - End - #396

Hazen Keep

"No," he said simply. "There is no shame in what I am. We are simply creatures sworn to an ideal. That ideal is a united world, where there is no suffering. Can we achieve it? I do not pretend to know. But we are going to try."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

Ship descends slowly down the rickety stairs, as he is about to knock a disturbingly familiar voice sounds from the other side, "Enter."

Ship stiffens for a moment, then opens the door.

On the other side of the door is an ill lit room covered with numerous furnishings, a large chest, a closet, paintings, a bed. There are four figures, two of them, both Blur, are hastily packing a large trunk. The other two figures include a massive man with a double handed blade adorning his back, beside him sitting on a wooden throne, is a little girl, she is the one who speaks.

"Now what've yah brought Big Momma?"

Ship swallowed trying his best to mimic Teapot's accent, "I found 'er outside. She said she waz-"

"I know 'er. Sandra, dear, I just negotiated wit' yer Kingdom. What're yah here fer?"

"Waitasecond, you are not Big Momma, I've seen Big Momma."

"Hate tah break it tah yah Childe, yah ne'er seen Big Momma and you ain't seeing 'er now."

Ship sends a mental message to the Doctor. "She's here, just not the girl in front of us, probably one of the Blur behind her."
    Any way to be sure? This surprise attack'll only work once... The Doctor replied, trying to keep his mind... 'quiet', for lack of a better phrase. Then again I'd rather not put Sophia and her group at risk if I don't have to...

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #398

Hazen Keep

"Interesting" he says "But why- how does one become a vampire?"

9. - Top - End - #399

The Deep
    Aquaeris smiled through tears at the gods in the memorial. He knew so much, hoped so much, and this was his memorial to it. And he was right, for once.
    He suddenly knew that he was one of the closest to Isanloff, and it was essential for him to hold his duty.
    He remembered his actions of love at the Emirates.
    He remembered his sister's rejection.
    He remembered his repentance.
    He remembered his creation of the memorial.
    He remembered his tears.
    He knew...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Gain Domain: Love (menancholy)
    AP: 5-3=2.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

10. - Top - End - #400

Free Port

No, think of being surronded by an inferno and trying to guess which way the fire came from, that's what I'm feeling like right now. We'll have to guess"

One Blur closes the trunk and begins riffling through some papers, as another runs to a closet and retrieves a dress.

A bead of sweat appeared on the back of the child's neck, "You're gonna hav' tah let me in sooner or later. I'd rather not kill yah."

"Wh- *hah* what're you talking about *gasp* I'm not resisting anything."

Obviously she is.

Hazen Keep

"That is a secret." Chekov states plainly, "Want my advice seek out Captain Eric and ask these questions. He is the elder."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

11. - Top - End - #401

Hazen Keep

The shady man sighed "I seems as if your information has run it's course" he says disappointedly, backing up further. "Thank you for your information" he says politely, but with no less discontent. Then he fades into the shadows again.

A fleet of ships bound for Hazen

It was the fourth day at sea, and Geodrick had grown rather antsy. It was a windless day, so he was busy rowing as the Hazen leader discussed maps with some of his men and rangers on break in the back. He had watched, waited, observed, and blended above all else. He had been put on a different ship than his niece and nephew, but didn't mind. He knew Atan was not the type to get into trouble, and was likely to keep Lansa out of it, if anything. He was however,on the same ship as Genry, the king-to-be, as some called him. Geodrick had been separated from his family seeking the ship with Genry on it, for he wanted power. Genry had the look of a cheerful boy of 21 years. He had brought few men with him in hopes for room to take more back, but he was obviously in charge. So much so that he thought the boy could be overthrown and stripped of power in a single sweep.

Geodrick stood up suddenly, and approached the men who were talking, making a B line towards Genry. "Is there a problem?" Genry asked, but Geodrick was not listening. As he drew near, he transformed into a bear, and struck the princeling in the torso. Men around were quick to draw their pole axes, and fall onto Geodrick. They would have almost certainly brought him down had he not shifted again. This time he took the form of a great serpent, slithering underneath their feet. He caused mayhem withing the warriors before they pinned him down again, at whihc point he turned into an ember spirit. Careful you don't burn down your new ship he thought to himself, and he was. He slammed into several of the remaining men, burning them badly and taking them out. Now afraid he might burn the ship in a loss of control, he flew up to the deck. Men were soon to follow him, but he was nowhere to be found. Then one nervously contributed "There haven't been gulls aboard this ship for days." As a single seagull, Geodrick knew he had been found , but the delay gave him time to get into good position. He now became a wild bull, rushing at the prince. His strike hit true, and Genry was gored, and hurled over the edge of the ship.

Men still surrounded him, but knew better than to get in the way of a raging boar. His last shift was into a lion, and he roared loudly for attention, and for men to stand back. He became himself again, and said "I am in charge of this ship now, and you men are to do as I say. This ship will operate on the same course, but instead of aiding Hazen in the war, we will look for pillage, and to claim our own kingdom. You may call me King Geodrick."

Word was soon dispatched to the other ships in the fleet who had little choice but to accept. Most of Genry's men had to be killed, marooned, or drowned, but a few turned to his side. On their ship, when Atan and Lansa heard the news, Atan said "It's a shame, always was just a matter of time before he went bad for power. He was always crazy for it, oh gods, why did we let him come on this trip to war. Genry seemed a good king-to-be." he was right, she knew "As if he gave us a choice" Lansa said, and nodded sullenly.

The Rafters of a Building in Hazen Keep
    Thordas

Instead of going to recruit rangers himself, a mission that he sensed danger in, Thordas had sent his older brother. Genry had been coddled too much as a child because it was commonly believed that he would take the throne when his father died. As second son of Endar, Thordas also wanted to see that not happen as he might have a chance to be king. It was a strategic move on his part all around to send his brother in his place.

But what to do about the issue of disappearing? And better yet, the issue of Genry not being around. Endar was not a king to be trifled with; he is a man who likes to get what he wants. Well, Thordas would go into hiding. At times, he would also do a good amount of watching and spying as he stayed unseen. He was well known around Hazen in that he could find many allies to lend him a hand when need be. He would pose as a kitchen servant, listen, and do whatever needs to be done. He picked up all the gossip working in the kitchens, and would send whores, protesters, and issues to his father as need be to distract him from the fact that Genry was not around, and keep him occupied if he ever thought to go looking for him. Other times, he took to the shadows an listened to deduce his next course of action. It worked like a charm, too; Endar is so simple minded. It was almost too easy for him, and on some level, he enjoyed doing it.

Then there was the bit he picked up about vampirism. While working one of his spy jobs, he heard someone talking about it, and saying that some of the Calasancti were vampires. It sounded interesting. If lieutenant Jennifer was a vampire, he surely wanted to be one as well. So he took to the shadows once more to question colonel Chekov about it, and the rest is history.

After about a week of doing this, he retired to his rafters one night feeling very good about the work he had done. The prince had long since learned to sleep in the rafters, and he slept well that night. While he slept, he shared a dream with another. "Hello?" a voice called out to him from within his sleep "Are you- is there someone there?" Thordas could see a silhouette in the distance "What is this?" he asked more demandingl than he intended. "This is a dream of course" the voice answered, and he could now see a woman of an age with him. She had long brown hair that had a sexy wild look to it, and a smooth lightly freckled face with pale grey eyes. As she approached, Thordas could see that she was naked, and he blushed from behind his shadow cloak. "What are you doing in my dream then, mysterious woman?" he asked, this time his voice filled with curiosity and wonder. "Mysterious?" Lansa replied, then gestured to her body "it appears I have nothing to hide, while I can't even look upon your face." as she grows near to him, she pulls his hood back. Thordas is now bright red. It is hard to stop his eyes from gazing too long at her more appealing features. "Hmm" she says, bemused "and who might you be?" without thinking much, he replies "I am Thordas, of Hazen." after all it is just a dream, right? "Hazen" she says, as if thinking about the word "Well, I believe that is where I am headed right now. Thordas, I think I might meet you some time in the near future." that startles Thordas, and he wakes immediately, wondering what this strange dream might mean for him.

The Middle of the Ocean

Genry had been gored by the raging bull that the usurper had morphed into, and thrown into the ocean. He had not died, though, and the rage he held only festered. After one sleepless night at sea, the morning light showed him to two of his more loyal men that he had brought with him. Capry and Werfric they were named, and they had been thrown from the decks for their loyalty to him. Werfric was an older man who had known Genry from the time he was young, and had been frankly appalled at his betrayal. Werfric threw himself off of the ships walls to best serve his prince, he claimed. Capry on the other hand was a young, well-built man who went down fighting. In said fight, he received a blow to the gut that festered, and two days later would be the death of him.

They had come with a large piece of driftwood when he found them. It was likely once a part of some grand Kalpan sculpture, but it was large enough to hold all three of them, and for that he was grateful. Yet it was not enough, and the rations that Werfric had smuggled out were running low. They would have to find land, or die he knew as well as his adviser did. He worried about his sister who had been sent with them to get a feel for diplomacy. Lis is only 15 years old, but she sure is a clever girl. Maybe more clever than suits her. he told himself. It still concerned him that all his attempts to find her had amounted to nothing.

On the fifth day at sea, they spotted another ship. It was a small boat, no more than a paddle boat, in truth, but it might mean salvation for them. As it neared, they could see a big man with a long beard clad in leather in the front. "Hail!" he called to them. "We would be most 'preciative of some help" called out Werfric "our ship is gone." "Our ship is too! Well come aboard then, lads," the man shot back "We've got 'nuff coconuts on this thing to last a lifetime!"
    Genry and Werfric climbed on board a lifeboat of the ocean rover, and traveled back to Monte Mora with captain Tark, Genry swearing to reclaim his crown the whole time.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-09-09 at 04:20 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402

The March North

With provisions and alliance secured from Hazen, the Calasancti army continued their northern march. Intent on smashing anything that got in their way.

The Imposter smiled from where he was at the head of the column, "Won't be long now. Jorik! Send a dispatch to King Stephen and inform him of our progress thus far."

"What specifically your grace?"

He was getting used to that, his title of Grand Duke was beginning to go to his head. He shook, "I am Captain on the field, you would do well to remember that."

"Yes your- I mean, yes Captain."

"Tell him of our field alliance with Hazen, along with troop distribution and what supplies we've purchased."

"Sire?"

"Send it by rider."

"Sire, a rider will surely be intercepted. I would strongly suggest using carrier Ravens."

"Your suggestion is noted Jorik."

And he said nothing more.

Spoiler
    Show
    All right guys playing the Northern Kingdoms hostile to the army. It's show time.

Because I forgot: Rollover 1+4=5AP
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-06 at 03:58 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

No, think of being surronded by an inferno and trying to guess which way the fire came from, that's what I'm feeling like right now. We'll have to guess"

One Blur closes the trunk and begins riffling through some papers, as another runs to a closet and retrieves a dress.

A bead of sweat appeared on the back of the child's neck, "You're gonna hav' tah let me in sooner or later. I'd rather not kill yah."

"Wh- *hah* what're you talking about *gasp* I'm not resisting anything."

Obviously she is.
    This woman is a terrible liar. The Doctor thought dryly. He then promptly shot a hammer-limb forward at each of the Blur in the room.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #404
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Deep

Yohalles bows his head and thinks deeply about all of his creations. The Lloyas, who were given teleportation, and the Hasen whose innate and instinctual teleportation abilities are second to none amongst the mortal races. Teleportation has become second nature to him and everything he's created. Taking a deep breath he exhales and expands his domain to include teleportation as a form of travel.

His eyes then glaze over as he sends a telepathic message to First-Touched I want you to carry messages to all the gods asking for a meeting in The Low Roads to discuss what we're going to do now that Islanoff and Kiloasa have died.

He then turns around and takes a single step, teleporting to The Low Roads.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 2
    Rollover: +4AP
    Gain Domain: Travel(Teleportation) -3 AP
    (((The AP actions used to qualify for the domain gain were the Create Fabled Concept: Teleportation and the Create Fabled Life: Hasen)))

Ending AP: 3 AP
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2012-08-06 at 06:35 PM.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

15. - Top - End - #405

BlueWizardGirl

Tresingiis

Tresingiis pays his respects at the tree of Kiloasa, " I didn't have much time to know him, but he was my father, and I will miss his direction in my life " It seems like he sheds some tears, but he tries to play down the effect it had on him. Then he left solemnly but briskly to the Low Roads to meet and talk.

Silver Fire Island

Jib looks at the raft one morning, made of bamboo, with lashings, and it looked nice, but he was worried. What if we don't make it, what happened the last time I left for adventure? This Island is nice, Jewel is nice, let's stay. " Jewel, the raft could be ready soon, but if we get on it, what assures us that we will make it anywhere? We don't have steering or sails, and we don't know where we are. How would we even find any way back? This fire is beautiful, and we could stay here. I'm fine kicking back with coconuts and oranges for a while. This island has two of the most amazing things I have ever seen. " He seemed to leave that vague on purpose, as he walked toward the trees.

The Hunt

The elder that kept talking explained, " That is a Dire-Jackrabbit, They're about as big as a deer from your forests "

The Mirage Empire

Two guilds formed, the Desertforge guild and the Circle of Dohjon. (Doh-Han) The former covering everything from mining the rocks and plateaus of the desert, mining mostly Iron and Silver, as that was what the desert seemed to have plenty of. They also dealt with smelting and smithing, and glassblowing and shaping. Glass art to trade. The Latter existing in the leadership, and throughout the Mirage Empire. Their circle teaches the nasty side of divine magic, Force and Smite being taught above healing. The strongest of them can push things with a telekinetic wall of force like spell, and call down hammers of fire from the sky. During two years (the timeskip Avocado ordered), The Mirage Empire prospered and recovered. With his new wind feathers, Reddulch grew angry and thirsty for something he had never had. In secret, he sent some orders around, and began to set up a military.

Spoiler
    Show
    I spent AP on create organizations and artifact before I left I think.

Michael and Sofia

Michael and Sofia arrived at Michael's clan of Kilos. They where greeted by the elder chief of their clan, as well as Michael's family. The elder spoke "Michael, how have you been, you look different now, what happened. Who is this that you brought with you?" Michael said " I have been given a gift from Aqueris, god of the sea. He has given me power to protect our clan, and the Cretaum. This is Sofia, I met her when I saved a lady in the Former Lokab Empire before the Mirage Empire was set up." He pauses to let Sofia speak for herself.

Drestin

His group of 6 and Himself reached Freeport, they could see it now, but they didn't know what was going on in the city. They approached from a dusty street.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

16. - Top - End - #406

Free Port

The Doctor's fist hammers knock both Blur into the wall. They fell unconcious as they slid to the floor. The girl reeled back in shock, then relaxed, "Doctor."

"So, it was a shell game."

"And Ship 7? I thought I killed you."

"Common mistake."

The little girl looks at the doctor, "Easily rectified."

The Doctor a sudden and splitting pain in his head, some unseen force trying to pry him apart straight down the middle.

Meanwhile the thralled warrior drew his sword and struck for Ship, he Cringed as Sandra plowed shoulder first into the man's chest, trying to throw him off balance, but she was at a bit of deficit for size. And the man quickly regained his footing and grabbed her by her hair and drew back his sword.

Unfortunately, Sandra had never been in a battle before and fear began to seize her.

The door opened and the Rune Blade narrowly saved the princess's life, "Fight or get out of the way!" The Great Sword shuttered in the warriors grip, it took all of his considerable strength not to have it rebound straight into his skull.

A dagger flashed from Sophia's wrist and cut the thumb off the hand holding Sandra's hair. The warrior roared hastily backing away. Sophia steped between Sandra and her attacker, daring him to make a move.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Elemental, What are Marren and Nureen doing? Sophia suggested Marren stay outside because of his lack of magic, but that's of course up to you.

The Low Roads

Gwyn appears in full armor, carrying a covered shield on her back. "I am here."

Drestin

Late Afternoon in Free Port. Several large Galleons are in port even more are sailing for the docks laden with goods both ill gotten and legitimate. The fires are being lit inside the houses a thin haze of smoke hangs over the city as the Cretaum make their way there.

There are no watches, no guards to greet the Cretaum, many people notice the lizard people who recently popped up when the desert expanded and they steer clear. The social class distribution is actually quite interesting and it seems to be defined by the armaments they carry. A noble or a merchant will of course have his own bodyguards. Pirates seem to favor thin rapier or curved cutlass. The middle class artisans and shopkeeps carry short swords and other weapons easy to use in tight spaces. The poor carry daggers. While the homeless carry whatever they can scavenge, planks, wooden shivs, sharpened pieces of bone, anything. No one in Free Port went without some sort of weapon.

Strangely, there are no sounds of a smithy at work. Metal isn't easily accessed here in Free Port, instead the citizens buy their weapons already made from traveling merchant ships.

Some beggar children sit next to a dilapitated building. Picking pockets as often as they dared, they watched the Cretaum warily, but unlike the other citizens, did not give way before them.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

The Doctor reared up to his full size as Big Momma felt his mind suddenly wrapped itself in an almost unbelievably powerful mental barrier, composed in a language she did not recognize.

Arai nara Gwyn aion nal karath,
    folor nara ashan shien
    itan noro korl grath
    olo nien
    Arai nara Gwyn aion nal karath...

...It might occur to her that the Doctor had been fighting psychics like her for millenia. She may very well be the most powerful in existence now but he may very well have met one stronger than her in the past. Even if he hadn't, he had had more than ten of her lifetimes to practice.

The Doctor then charged the little girl, wrapping his shadowy arms around her head and molding them to block off her sight and hearing.

The Low Roads

Ombra stepped from the shadows again, quiet. He seems composed now, though his eyes do not glow as brightly. I assume from the contents of your message you already have an idea of what to do?

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry guys. Events have conspired to distract me.

Free Port

Marren and Nureen remained outside to keep a lookout.

The Low Roads

A rider approached the gathered deities mounted on a steed of shadow with glowing white eyes. A scythe of starlight rested over the figure's shoulder, identifying it as Belsheroth.
    "Yohalles. You have a matter that requires discussion?
    It was not a question, and as such, instead of waiting for him to respond, Belsheroth dismounted and turned to face them.
    "It is a matter of leadership, is it not?"

Kasak in the Desert

Kasak called out to he heavens.
    "Okay, I've been walking South for a week, I'm out of water and I've got no food."
    He stopped and panted for a bit.
    "If you wanted me to die, then you could have just sent a lightning bolt!"
    "But if I did that, you would not have found this place."
    "What place? It's just sand! And rock!"
    "Over the next dune."
    So, grumbling, he kept walking. And what he saw when he reached the summit of the dune was awe-inspiring.
    "That Temple is for you and for Goblinkind. Use it well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 10 + 6 (rollover) + 6 (rollover I missed)
    Create Relic: The Well Temple. 4 AP
    Smaller, but very similar to the Guardian Temple in that it is crafted of white marble and it's domes and spires are crowned with copper, silver or gold.
    On its walls and in its windows is recorded through art the history of the previous three thousand years.
    At the centre of the Temple in the main courtyard is a spring of pure water which provides for the Temple's many fountains. It is capable of healing any sickness or injury and prolonging life.
    Remaining AP: 18

Cerune

The army of Cerune was smaller than that of other Kingdoms. But it still numbered at least three thousand, plus mercenaries if any could be hired.
    Still, Jarl Rushaan was in a dangerous position. He left Kitan in charge back at the City of Cerune and his army marched to take up a position on their southern border.
    Secretly, he was a devout follower of the teachings of Belsheroth, but would still never support a southern incursion.
    Oh Starlit Reaper, stay your scythe away from my men and allow our freedom to remain intact. And as always, protect our child king from the blades of assassins.

King Stephen and Madame Woodsworth

As they rode North for Old Calasanctium, the druidic woman managed to convince Stephen more and more of her cause. They arrived at the Temple shortly after the High Ecclesiarch had managed to quell the rebellion and were shown straight into his study.
    But it was at that moment that Madame Woodsworth went mad. It was over very quickly, and it left both the High Ecclesiarch and Madame Woodsworth dead.
    The clergy was in turmoil at Nameth's sudden death and some demanded vengeance against the Druids. But most were willing to ascertain exactly what had happened, and upon hearing King Stephen's testimony, they put it down to sudden madness caused by the death of Kiloasa.
    Her body was handed over to her family and the King began searching for another solution to the Kingdom's pollution problem.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just wrapping that up. The High Ecclesiarch is dead. A successor has not yet been announced and the King needs to find a new way to deal with pollution.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #409

GnomeWizardGuy

The Low Roads
    One thing the gods might notice is Yohalles looks different. His form is similar to the one he had before except he looks to be a man past his prime instead of a young man. He nods at each new arrival and nervously hides The Obsidian Axe behind his back when Besheroth appears. I do indeed have some sort of a plan, and it is more or less a question of leadership. Though I would have us wait before I speak further in hopes more might join us.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

20. - Top - End - #410

Spoiler
    Show
    Just to clarify, nobody has to take a two year time skip. A few of my characters did because they hadn't really interacted with anyone yet, and I figured that it didn't hurt anyone to be doing my own thing with a few people on a time skip.

Silver Fire Isle

Jewel was terribly torn. She truly did like her time on the island, and like Jib. She was as happy as she could ever remember being. They had ran away, escaped from the world then why do I feel like the world wants me to leave? It was true that a part of Jewel was dedicated to leaving. She felt a weight pulling away inside her. It was as if some power that had created this thing had an influence on her, and wanted her to leave. These thoughts, she knew had to be just some part of her subconscious, and she tried to hang a mental shade to block them out. She truly wanted to stay, but she needed to go, as if there was some plot outside of the island just waiting for her.

She was just getting her thoughts together about how to convince Jib to leave with her when she realized that he was talking about her. "Jib, wait" she called out. Being a small island, they were visible to each other almost all of the time, and it really wasn't necessary. As she approached him, her long hair swung on her back, salt-washed, and golden in the sun. She reached him almost before he had a chance to turn around, and took his hand in hers when she caught him. "It is amazing," she said softly, "And I can't wait to share this new wonder. We have found an ancient miracle, just think what we might do. Our world could use this beauty." she drew him closer and now spoke more tenderly "You know, when we leave, we will still be- together. Jib, I won't leave you when we get back. I've come to really like you over the last few months." She was then aware of just how close she was to him in that moment.

The Heavens

Pantheons were disbanded, and threats of war had become more common. Kipt felt a storm coming, and he didn't want to think about how his Elthiens would fare. They were perhaps the worst defended place in all the world. It was clear that they needed guardians. Protectors that would lay in wait until needed, and owe their loyalty directly to him. He knew just the right spot for such a race, somewhere people would never think to look.

Kipt flew threw space until he found a spot that would do. "Heavens Belt" he called it to himself, an asteroid belt that finished its loop near the firest world. Kipt moved several asteroids into place so that they were held in place by the gravitational pull of the next. The land, this hunk of rock in space, was made fertile enough to allow life. The asteroids had within them frozen gasses that formed a sufficient supply of oxygen and carbon dioxide to support a growing ecosystem of organism. This hunk of rock in the heavens would have allowed life all by itself- Kipt just speed the process along and guided it to fit his needs.

He created Archons, angels of the heavens that resemble animals and are ready to die for the Elthiens and do whatever Kipt commands. The archons are able to withstand the extreme conditions of space. They are immune to heat and cold, and require very little to eat. Archons can be broken down into three types. The first type has features of a fox, horse, and badger. They are more simple-minded than the other two, and make good soldiers. The second seems to be covered in white feathers, and is imaginative, creative, and curious. The third kind has features like that of a feline, and are proud, yet friendly and accepting. They are often found as leaders. This kind is rarer, and often more respected. Hound Archons, Dove Archons, and Lionel Archons they are called. In the very center of the heavens they keep a grand throne for Kipt to sit in if he may choose, but as they are a secret he hardly ever visits them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 12 AP
    Create Land: -2
    Create Fabled Life: -4
    I now have 6 AP

Low Roads

Kipt came when he received his invitation, he wondered when someone would do something politically about the deaths of the pantheon leaders. "Hello, Yohalles" he said warmly "Oh, and hello to the rest of you" he says, surprised at the number there already. "It needed to happen sooner or later with the pantheons down, you know." he comments to no one in particular about the pantheons being replaced.

The Hunt

"Rabits? the size of deer?" Randon said, obviously amused. "You know of my home then?" he asked the elder "or do you have deer here too?"
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-08-07 at 01:23 AM.

21. - Top - End - #411

BlueWizardGirl

The Low Roads

Tresingiis looked at the counsel that had quickly formed. He rather interupts Yohalles as it didn't seem like they where going to say anything. "I say we follow his leadership " Tresingiis points a feathered wing at Kipt. " Kipt has proven to be in it for peace and prosperity, He is the only one of us that hasn't broken anything and doesn't plan to. It is very subtle, but he hints that he is scheming. " Belsheroth, I can see your liver has healed nicely. " That was meant as a greeting to the Starlit Reaper, but also an rather sarcastic exclamation that Tresingiis was still pissed about the mess he had to clean up.

Silver Fire Island

Jib realizes what the events have done to them, and that the two are very close. " I really like you too. Listen, I've looked into the eye of this island, and what I saw was beautiful. I guess we should leave though, just promise me that we can return. " He ponders on the mysterious powers of the silver fire for a couple of second, and said something without breaking long or fear of having asked a stupid question. " We should share this with people, maybe we can bring supplies and students with us when we return"

The Hunt

The elder spoke. "We have very few deer here. Only at the outskirts of the desert to the West and North. We don't hunt them because there are so few, finding them would be difficult." He hoped that the sound of a jackrabbit the size of a deer wasn't too preposterous, "We can follow these tracks, this thing was here 5 to 10 minutes ago." He seemed excited by the thought of following it.

Drestin

They walked up the street, looking for someone who seemed to be in charge, but as the walked, the group realized how wild this town had grown with poverty and chaos. He spoke to his group, "Somebody's got to be in charge here, but I can't find them. Remember, we are here to request trade, but we can look around while we are here." They walked down the road, cautiously with their oversized spears in hand.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412

Free Port

The Doctor's limbs wrapped around the child she was blind and deaf now. But her voice still reverberated in his head.

"You can face any one psionic Doctor. In knew this the last time I fought you."

Ship screams, "No! You can't!"

"The greatest taboo of the Blur race is to control another Blur, it makes us no better than Ombra. But like I told you before, I don't need no stinking moral high ground."

Ship's eyes go blank and he looks at the Doctor, his eyes are white, his will completely crushed. The force trying to rip the Doctor apart nearly doubles in strength.

Sophia's eyes wander from the warrior for a split second and he uses it to begin his charge. Sophia dodged the warrior's strike and tried to drive her dagger into the man's neck. He grabbed her by the wrist and threw her into the wall.

"Dame Sophia!"

"Help the Doctor!"

The warrior strode for her, kicked his leg out from under him. The warrior fell like a tree.

"I'll take care of him."

Sophia backed off wary of going for a killing blow, he found his feet again and stood slowly.

The Low Roads

"This may seem strange coming from me, but why do we need a pantheon now?"

Drestin

The children look up at the Cretaum as they pass. An older boy clearly the leader of the urchins speaks, "Yah looking fer something Lizards?"
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-07 at 10:53 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

23. - Top - End - #413

GnomeWizardGuy

The Low Roads

Yohalles nods again, standing the axe up on the ground. He then stands on the handle so he can get a better view of all the gods assembled, balancing carefully. Anyway, lets get down to business. My cousin, shortly before he died asked me a question. He asked if I would help protect the mortal races and help them thrive.....now I know not all of us had a.....pleasent relationship with Kiloasa but I see no reason why we cannot come together and continue what he started. he steps off the axe, flipping it into the air and catching it and holding it lightly at his side.. I of course, would humbly put my name forward to lead this group of guardians.

That is when a large raindrop, seemingly guided by unseen forces, falls from the sky. It hits The Obsidian Axe with such force that it's impact is heard by all gods present. The raindrop wets the small bit of Besheroth's dried blood that remains and the blood slowly falls from the axe in a long tendril. The blood hits the dirt and spreads out quickly, unnaturally so. From this mixture of blood and mud, this combination of anger and curiousity, of war and discovery, a new god is born.
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2012-08-07 at 10:27 AM.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

"You can face any one psionic Doctor. In knew this the last time I fought you."

Ship screams, "No! You can't!"

"The greatest taboo of the Blur race is to control another Blur, it makes us no better than Ombra. But like I told you before, I don't need no stinking moral high ground."

Ship's eyes go blank and he looks at the Doctor, his eyes are white, his will completely crushed. The force trying to rip the Doctor apart nearly doubles in strength.

Sophia's eyes wander from the warrior for a split second and he uses it to begin his charge. Sophia dodged the warrior's strike and tried to drive her dagger into the man's neck. He grabbed her by the wrist and threw her into the wall.

"Dame Sophia!"

"Help the Doctor!"

The warrior strode for her, kicked his leg out from under him. The warrior fell like a tree.

"I'll take care of him."

Sophia backed off wary of going for a killing blow, he found his feet again and stood slowly.

The Low Roads

"This may seem strange coming from me, but why do we need a pantheon now?"

Drestin

The children look up at the Cretaum as they pass. An older boy clearly the leader of the urchins speaks, "Yah looking fer something Lizards?"
    The wall's strength redoubled, the Doctor drawing on personal convictions, memories, and force of will instead of just focusing on one song.

Yeah, cuz i've never faced multiple Blur trying to kill me before. The Doctor replied dryly. Are you even trying to be original, you tyrannical goat-****ing mirror-loving isanloff-consorting scumbag of assturd MONKEY-****ERS?!

This was a double-edged defense, however. The Doctor couldn't move while defending himself in this manner, or speak. And since he didn't have psychic powers of his own, he couldn't attack back, so he would have to rely on the humans to finish this if they could.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is the Doctor dieing (again) part of the plan here?

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #415

BlueWizardGirl

The Low Roads

"There is a worldwide war coming, I can feel it growing closer with each passing day, like a storm looming on the horizon. Without pantheons, it will be every man for himself."

EDIT: this was directed at Gwyn.

Drestin

Drestin looked down at the kid, and responded to him, thinking a kid would be less than useful in a town so torn up. "Yes, we are looking for something, does this town have any leaders?"
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-08-07 at 10:54 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416

The Low Roads

Kipt looked very deep in thought. "Now, Gwyn does bring up a valid point. However freeing and natural feeling it may be to exist as we do now, as individual gods, it would benefit the world if we came together. So that together, we can do what alone we could not. If, as my brother says, people would like to see me as a leader, then I will lead." He spoke well, addressing issues that he hoped the other gods felt similarly to him about. Am I becoming too much father now? Kipt thought And how much more will I go if I lead a pantheon?

Silver Fire Isle

Jewel stood there for a moment moving slowly forward with her eyes closed, then felt stupid when Jib continues talking instead of kissing her. "Yeah" she says, looking rather embarrassed. She recedes to the raft looking upset "We could probably leave today if you wanted."

27. - Top - End - #417

Free Port

"Ship!" Ship 7 bent over and picked up a stray board from the floor. And proceeded to try and bash the Doctor's head in.

But to do this, he had to cease his psychic assault and Big Momma's constant seige wavered as she struggled to keep her possession active.

Sandra stood and drew her sword going straight for Ship's heart.

The Low Roads

Gwyn shook her head, "I have noticed the fighting. The order of the Spear seems to have been deceived by someone, I have tried to discern his identity, thus far I have failed. But I ask patience, as with the Archliches simply destorying them will result in an upheaval worse than the current conflicts. Only the knights are keeping order within Calasanctium, especially with the Church of Belsheroth's leader being so recently assassinated and King Stephen's leadership having been challenged by the people."

"So I ask that you give me time to identify the culprits and who is behind it."

"As for the pantheon, I will probably not join immediately. Therefore, I have no suggestions for who would lead it."

Drestin

The kid laughed, "Free Port? Nah! Closest thing is Big Momma, assuming you don't believe the Rumors. What'd you wanna a leader for anyhow?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

28. - Top - End - #418

BlueWizardGirl

Silver Fire Island

Jib realizes that Jewel wanted him to kiss her, but he was still upset that they had to leave when she approached. " Lets just go get some fruit or something first so we don't die out there." He regrets distancing them, he really does like her. "We could try that again?"

Drestin

"We are trying to get some trade with freeport, being connected to every other city with a port. We have a quota of resources we need to fill." He wondered if his trek was all for naught, and he was frustrated. It wouldn't be the first time he did something that turned out to be useless.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Divine Meeting

The glow from Ombra's eyes narrowed. Why do we need a Pantheon at all? And if we did why would we need someone to lead it?

Free Port

The Doctor's eyes flashed and he shoved one arm forward to shove Ship out of the way of Sophia's blade, trying to keep his mind shielded.

Other... one... He gasped out, starting to shake. Big Momma was... difficult to fight mentally.

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #420

GnomeWizardGuy

The Low Roads

Its simple. We are more powerful together than we are apart. As for why we need a leader, from what information Kiloasa gave me before his death it can be more of a symbolic post. Someone must put forth more divine energy to form a pantheon, someone must bear the heavier weight on their shoulders. That is why I offered myself for the position. Me, my creations, we have small jobs that require little work. I can more fully devote myself to this cause.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life