New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    In which case, isn't TN the default alignment for humans?
    Wouldn't it be the default for everyone? (Going by traditional morality, not the screwed up alignment system the OotS gods made.)

These little slivers of information have a way of escaping, piece by piece...

I was on these forums for over a year before I started correcting people who thought I was male.
    I think that I haven't had to correct someone on my gender once. Everyone else is kind enough to do it for me.

But yeah, the temptation to share details of my life are great, but maybe I'll save that for PM...

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    More lyrics!

MikoxOotS

Spoiler
    Show
    There, out in the darkness
    A fugitive running
    Fallen from grace
    Fallen from grace
    God be my witness
    I never shall yield
    Till we come face to face
    Till we come face to face

He knows his way in the dark
    Mine is the way of the Lord
    And those who follow the path of the righteous
    Shall have their reward
    And if they fall
    As Lucifer fell
    The flame
    The sword!

Stars
    In your multitudes
    Scarce to be counted
    Filling the darkness
    With order and light
    You are the sentinels
    Silent and sure
    Keeping watch in the night
    Keeping watch in the night

You know your place in the sky
    You hold your course and your aim
    And each in your season
    Returns and returns
    And is always the same
    And if you fall as Lucifer fell
    You fall in flame!

And so it has been and so it is written
    On the doorway to paradise
    That those who falter and those who fall
    Must pay the price!

Lord let me find him
    That I may see him
    Safe behind bars
    I will never rest
    Till then
    This I swear
    This I swear by the stars!

And here's a quote I've waited for Redcloak to use on a human:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hath not a Goblin eyes? hath not a Goblin hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Human is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Goblin wrong a Human, what is his humility? Revenge! If a Human wrong a Goblin, what should his sufferance be by Human example? Why, revenge! The villainy you teach me I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.
    Does anyone know where I put that lyric archive? And the Shakespeare quote is perfectly suitable for Reddy and the goblin struggle. I think that it would actually give people pause--goblins aren't so different than humans.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

2. - Top - End - #452

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

By the way I was looking at the page where they have all the stories and it hit me. I'm an author. I have 6 stories. An actual series with an actual plot, and people think they arent that bad. I feel really good about myself. Internet cookies for all!!
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

If Redcloak dies, my tribe of red-furred bugbears will be sad. They grew fond of their shorter cousins ever since they began reading OOTS, and "Goblins! Life through their eyes"

Yes. I have an entire tribe of bugbears living inside my head. my head is also residence of many other characters. Including, but not limited to:

Myself

The incredible fish boy

A yin-yang girl

An alien

A character who always wealds a bloody knife and has questionable relations with the uchiha clan from naruto

A naruto ninja that can control pain

A man named Sting Datherson

And at least three other different incarnations of myself.

So yeah, it’s pretty crowded up there. It’s the main reason why I’m borderline mentally unstable :D

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    Does anyone know where I put that lyric archive? And the Shakespeare quote is perfectly suitable for Reddy and the goblin struggle. I think that it would actually give people pause--goblins aren't so different than humans.
    Thank'ee, Sai. And it's easy to find good quotes when you look through the Shakespeare archives. Here's one for Inkyrius:

Spoiler
    Show
    Within the bond of marriage, tell me, Vaarsuvius,
    Is it excepted I should know no secrets
    That appertain to you? Am I yourself
    But, as it were, in sort or limitation,
    To keep with you at meals, comfort your bed,
    And talk to you sometimes? Dwell I but in the suburbs
    Of your good pleasure? If it be no more,
    Inkyrius is Vaarsuvius' harlot, not his wife.

*eats icastflares cookies*

Edit: changed names
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-10 at 06:02 PM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #455
    Colossus in the Playground

Thank'ee, Sai. And it's easy to find good quotes when you look through the Shakespeare archives. Here's one for Inkyrius:

Spoiler
    Show
    Within the bond of marriage, tell me, Brutus,
    Is it excepted I should know no secrets
    That appertain to you? Am I yourself
    But, as it were, in sort or limitation,
    To keep with you at meals, comfort your bed,
    And talk to you sometimes? Dwell I but in the suburbs
    Of your good pleasure? If it be no more,
    Portia is Brutus' harlot, not his wife.

*eats icastflares cookies*
    But you forgot to change the names...

6. - Top - End - #456
    Halfling in the Playground

Well howdley-doodley people of this thread.
    I have been thinking of a little story on everyone's favorite red-cloaked goblin. It includes his nice little death that is pretty amazing, if I do say so myself. If anyone is interested in my idea, send me a message and I'll return it to them. Just wanted to get that out.
    (It includes standing up to a certain skeletal figure, the OOTS party itself, the death of a halfling, the best paladin of them all, and a large pit full of spikes. Got it all?)
    If I can, I'd like to use that line you wrote Asta Kask...
    I'm working on that ZxV thing, and if I'm lucky I can finish it before next week.
    Last edited by Lawyergoblin; 2010-02-10 at 06:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyergoblin View Post
    Well howdley-doodley people of this thread.
    I have been thinking of a little story on everyone's favorite red-cloaked goblin. It includes his nice little death that is pretty amazing, if I do say so myself. If anyone is interested in my idea, send me a message and I'll return it to them. Just wanted to get that out.
    (It includes standing up to a certain skeletal figure, the OOTS party itself, the death of a halfling, the best paladin of them all, and a large pit full of spikes. Got it all?)
    If I can, I'd like to use that line you wrote Asta Kask...
    I'm working on that ZxV thing, and if I'm lucky I can finish it before next week.
    I like it. good look on the ZxV and I am intrigued by your story

8. - Top - End - #458

...It's still snowing.

9. - Top - End - #459

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    ...It's still snowing.
    does that mean you might have tommorow off?

10. - Top - End - #460

...It's still snowing.
    I don't think we got even half a foot here. And we got nothing from the last storm.

And I have tomorrow off too.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Halfling in the Playground

...It's still snowing.
    Interesting...the snow gods must have your doom planned

12. - Top - End - #462

There's so much snow outside that my dog (Who has long legs, in case you were wondering) can't walk comfortably.

There's so much snow outside that one of the trees in my backyard collapsed.

And IT'S STILL SNOWING.

On the bright side...BACK-TO-BACK SNOW DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

And IT'S STILL SNOWING.

welcome to canada :D

14. - Top - End - #464

Griffon

...I expected a response from my last chapter. I suppose it was overshadowed. Oh well.

Stupid university computers not letting me see comics...grrrr.

I...can't believe it. I'm going to be 24 this year!

@Water-smurf Pairings between first degree relatives, assuming that there was no significant inbreeding in earlier generations (which there wouldn't be with Tiasal being half-elf) would lead to 50% of the offsprings genes being identical by descent. Humans have a genetic load of 20 IIRC, with 7 being lethal if recessive. Assuming that the same is true for goblins and elves, then Tiasal would have inherited approximately 10 from her father and her child would have inherited approximately 5 identical recessive deletrious mutations in addition to those typical in the population. However, that's an overestimate. As many pregnancies terminate automatically before the mother is even aware that she was pregnant, a pregnancy that Tiasal became aware of would likely be one with a lower than average level of deletrious mutations. These can be very minor.

About snow: I live in an area where if we get snow somewhere in the province once every five years, we're lucky. Plus it's summer here. It's soooo hot! I'm getting too used to the air-con in my lab.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Wouldn't it be the default for everyone? (Going by traditional morality, not the screwed up alignment system the OotS gods made.)
    Humans are social primates. That means a strong in-group/out-group morality, a tendency to groupthink and dominance hierarchies. I'd say the default for most people is Lawful Neutral.

Edit: Lawyergoblin, go ahead.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-11 at 03:49 AM.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know that there is a default alignment.
    Lawful Evil types are the only ones who sell their souls for the power of crack pairings. :p Other Evil's are too sneaky to actually pay the piper. XD Oh, maybe lawful neutral too. Maybe True Neutral. No-one else.
    Yay for snow!

None settling here in the land of tea and crumpets. ;_;

You people are awesome with the lyrics.

@Gicko: I have a self insert for almost every story i have. I have over seventy stories. I win.

Neutral Good/Chaotic Neutral is a good alignment. I'm similar-Chaotic Good/Chaotic Neutral. I occasionally dip into True Neutral.

If the mother's judgemental, but then married a goblin, the kid is likely to be a little introverted-to not set the parents off-but getting more and more social as s/he gets older. Right?

Tentacles help with EVERYTHING. ;P
    I bet i got the best deal. Almost unlimited arcane powah! (Shot)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Aw, you don't think anyone else could have thought up a little girl going down a spiral of madness culminating in the rape of her father, pregnancy by him, and the willingness to become the concubine of a undead conqueror while holding the world in the palm of her hand?
    Here's some inspiration.

― Tim Fargo

18. - Top - End - #468
    Bugbear in the Playground

A little introduction to a crack pairing fanfic starring Tsukiko. I won't give away the pairing yet; sufficient to say, the prologue basically breaks her from Xykon in a "holy crap" sort of villainous BSOD.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflections: Prologue

"Haha, priceless. Oh man, did you actually think that I hired you as a minion, because I'm somehow in love with you?"

Tsukiko was taken aback. For a brief moment she staggered back, shaking, her eyes betraying an agglomeration of anguish and shock. That moment, the azure-blue walls of the sanctum swirled and kicked against its restraints; displacing light and space as if to create an illusion of a swirling plane. It took her a minute to finally orient herself and regain her speech. "But, but, sir," she stammered, pausing to studder as her eyes wavered, the halls becoming once again a swirl of haze. "Sir Xykon, but I've served you so faithfully. Surely, you must..."

"I do not seem to be holding my phylactery or the secret to teleporting the gates."

"Excuse me, sir?"

"It means you still have work to do, worthless trash." Xykon's voice - cold, almost as an icicle - sent a chill down her heart. That was the first time she had seen this side of the lich; not the jolly, perfect employer with a penchant for torture that she used to know. Instead, he had become almost like an avatar of evil; his voice unearthly and his eyes - two glowing red orbs extruding from the sockets of his skull - seemed no less than malignant. If he has screamed in rage he would perhaps be more human, but this - he was almost reminiscent of the Sapphire Order. Cruel. Emotionless. Intolerant.

She wanted to blame Redcloak for this, but could not find a justification. Weakly, her eyes shifted toward those empty sockets, desparately trying to discover the nonexistant wisp of affection within. Her knees shook, then finally collapsed under her weight; her mouth studdering as if trying - failing - to find an appropriate response. At this, the lich only laughed.

"I'll let you in on a little secret, Tsukiko." Briefly, he grinned, and but any reassurance she gathered from this was quickly dispelled when the lich glared into the girl's eyes, spewing toxic words almost in mockery of her fragile feelings. "You are nothing to me. Oh, don't get me wrong, you were a great tool for a while, back when I thought that you could - oh, I don't know - actually use the other part of Redcloak's spell. Now? You're worth as much to me as a level one commoner, and you know what's funny? I can tell you all of this, and you'll still slave away as my minion because - let's face it - you're so caught up in your silly little delusion of undead love that admitting your mistake is an impossibility at this point. Just like Redcloak, you're a toy that could only dance in the palm of my hand."

And even as he left, his mocking sneer echoed across the room, leaving only a broken necromancer girl sitting in the center, half-mindedly grasping at the air behind her unrepentant crush.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Excellent work, Felyndiira. I like the way Xykon crushes her fragile spirit. Very much in character.

― Tim Fargo

20. - Top - End - #470
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm at the age of V and Inky's children (although as a human I'm much more mature )

I've made my first Crack Pairing story (although I don't feel like I've sold my soul ). (more like losing virginity :) )
    Huge thanks for Coffeincluded for editing the story ,and changing it into real English from what I thought was one.

I've made a non-cannon character -Natsuko, who learns to become paladin and member of Sapphire Guard. Plase comment what You think about the story because You know, it's the first one and it's hard for the author to judge if his story is good.
    edit: I forgot to add that story was inspired by forum thread (I can't find it now) where someone didn't know what vassal mean.

Spoiler
    Show

It was another boring day in the Azure City. Natsuko was lying on the bed in her room in the castle, reading a book. It was so boring that every few minutes she had to make a will save throw against falling asleep. The title was "Politics And Law of Azure City in The Context of History". "Why do we have to read this thing?" -she thought. "I wanted to be a warrior, not a politician when I assigned for a paladin training. Off course there are diplomatic missions, but why do they want me to know all this? Like how much the previous ruler Whatshisname had raised taxes for shopkeepers and what was impact of this on used boats prices? Fortunately this is the last theoretical exam, then only a few fighting tests and I'll be a paladin, a member of Sapphire Guard and Lord Shojo's vassal. So far however this is really boring. I wish something would happen. Anything".
    As soon as she thought it, her roommate Miko Miyazaki busted into the room. "Anything except her" Natsuko thought. "This girl only prays to the Twelve Gods and practices fighting all day. She is more boring than this book, if that is even physically possible. Or even worse, she can be very annoying when she is in her "Gods gave me wisdom to tell you that you are all stupid" mood".
    But this time it was different. Miko was unusually excited, and little... scared?
    -"Natsuko, I need your help" she said. Natsuko's jaw dropped -Miko saying "I need help" was something she had heard for the first, and probably for the last time in her life.
    -"um.. I suppose this is something serious?" asked Natsuko
    -"It's all the fault of this nobleman Kubota! I think he's evil ,and as soon as I become a paladin I'll prove it and smite..."
    -"Calm down Miko, and start from the beginning".
    -"I was practicing fighting in the training room as I do every day, when suddenly Kubota and his bodyguards walked in. He was watching our training, and after I won fights with all the other present students he asked me for a private meeting". Whatever Natsuko thoughts about Miko, she had to admit that Miko was a perfect fighter. She had no problem beating every student in paladin training, and even a few paladins. Some even made jokes that she must be the Terminator, the half iron golem sent from the future to protect Lord Shojo. "Then, when we went to the meditation room...

--------------

Miko, Lord Kubota and his two bodyguards walked into the small room. Two soldiers took their places near the door, as if they were claiming this room as Kubota's territory.
    -"I have an interesting offer for you, young paladin," said Kubota with a soft voice. "I can appreciate real talent when I see it. Wouldn't you like to be a member of the strongest force in the city?"
    -"I'm not a paladin yet" said Miko. "And after two more years of training I'll join the Sapphire Guard"
    -"I wasn't thinking about that bunch of paladins, but the real force. The ones who really rule this city are nobility, and I have the strongest army of them all. Seeing your combat abilities now, imagine yourself in five or ten years time, as the ... new city ruler's ... right hand"
    -"I know you haven't finished your training, but I have great fighting teachers at my service. You'll learn much more than in this... school. There will also be no legal problems; as a nobleman I can be lord of anyone from paladin training who wants to be my vassal".
    Two soldiers began to look more aggressive, as if they were there not to prevent anyone from getting into the room, but from leaving it.
    -" I appreciate your offer, but I must reject it" -said Miko, and began to think fast: "What level are those soldiers? Will they attack me? I have no weapon, but they may not know about my monk levels". But loudly she said: "I want to serve only my city and its ruler, Lord Shojo"
    -"Lord Shojo is getting old, and he may die very soon... Sooner than anyone may expect. And then there will be a new ruler, who gives prizes to those who are helping him, and punishes those who oppose his power".
    Miko was thinking about the answer, when suddenly the doors opened and Shojo walked into the room, pretending he didn't notice the soldiers guarding it. Miko could hear muttered curses from Kubota, but he and his soldiers bowed to the lord of the city.
    -"I've heard you were watching the young paladins' training. As you can see, the future of Sapphire Guard looks bright and safe" -Shojo said. He was trying to hide it, but Miko saw that he was worried about something.
    -"Yes, very talented fighters indeed" said Kubota. "I'm looking for new recruits to my army. As you surely know, because I am donating large sums of money to this paladin school, according to law I can select one of them for my personal service. And miss Miyazaki has proven herself to b ande ideal candidate for my army".
    -"Yes, You can choose any student, but Miko is no longer one of them. In recognition of her superior skills, she was promoted to paladin yesterday, and tomorrow is her final test to become my vassal. Isn't it true, Miko?"
    Miko was shocked, because she had just heard it for the first time. She saw that Shojo was very nervous waiting for her response.
    -"Off course" said Miko.
    -"But.. lord!" screamed Kubota -"I saw all the documents yesterday, and you haven't promoted any paladins!"
    -"You probably overlooked it. You can check again, it's in the archive with yesterday's date. Now please go search for your new soldier, I have to talk with Miss Miyazaki about the details of tomorrow ceremony."
    -"As you wish my lord" said Kubota leaving the room with his escort.

As soon as Kubota disappeared, Shojo started to breathe easily.
    -"Sorry I was so late, but Kubota had a nearly perfect plan of preventing me from coming here" he said. "Also I apologize for making you lie -I know how much you value the truth, but there was no other way. Kubota indeed had a right to make you his vassal without your agreement, and knowing your respect to law you wouldn't oppose him."
    Miko was still shocked.
    -"Master, can we speak safely here? Kubota may be eavesdropping".
    -"Don't worry Miko. This room is completely soundproof. You can imagine what I used to do here with my wife when I was younger"
    Miko stared at him a with puzzled look.
    -"Or maybe anyone but you could imagine it" said Shojo. "Anyway, I have to promote you to be my vassal tomorrow. You don't have to be afraid of the test, with your stats and abilities you should pass it without any problem. You'll miss two years of training, but your fighting abilities are better than some students leaving the academy, and your devotion to law and the Gods is indubitable. Other thing you'll miss are ethics and politics lectures, but I think it's boring and you don't need it."
    -"But why haven't you allowed Kubota to take me to his army? I don't like him, but if my duty demands ..."
    -"Miko, I haven't taken you from the monastery to waste your talent in service of some nobleman who thinks only of his own benefits, and doesn't value the life of his servants. The city, and the Sapphire Guard needs you."
    -"My lord, Kubota was speaking as if he wanted to kill you and take your place. Is he really as powerful as he says? Shouldn't you have some bodyguards with you?"
    -"Never trust a politician, Miko. People like Kubota will tell you anything if it helps their cause. He is really dangerous, but how dangerous exactly, even he may not know."
    -"But you are a politician, and you are different, master!"
    -"How do you know that?"
    -"I'm just joking. Maybe there are some who really care about people, but it's not likely you'll meet many of them. As for my bodyguard, he waits outside the room. Come and see him ,you'll probably like him"
    Shojo opened the door, and a small white kitten walked in. Miko looked outside, but there was no one else.
    -"Master, is this your bodyguard?" asked Miko.
    -"Indeed. Meet Mr. Scruffy."
    -"Is this some kind of magical cat? Or maybe mighty warrior who can change his form?"
    -"No, as far as I know Mr. Scruffy is just a housecat , aren’t you?"
    -"meow"
    -"But master, how can a housecat protect you?"
    -"Honestly saying, half of the castle is already making bets about what's the deal with the cat. But because I trust you, I can tell you the truth. Do you know our new diviner, Sangwaan?"
    -"Is this that nice blind girl? I've meet her a few times."
    -"Yes. She made a divination for me, and said that as long as I have a cat with me, no one from the nobility will be able to kill me. So right after I heard it I visited the nearest pet shop and bought Mr. Scruffy. Look at him, Miko. Isn't he the cutest critter under the sun? How can you not love him from the first sight? Look, Mr. Scruffy, this is Miko, our new and prettiest vassal. Say hello to her."
    -"meow"
    Miko clearly understood how you cannot love a cat from the first sight, but loudly she said: "Are You sure it is enough for your safety, master?"
    -"I trust Sangwaan's predictions. She's made very accurate divinations for people before. I think her blindness increases her magical talent. Unfortunately, I have to return to my throne room now. I left some important ambassadors there, they can't wait for me too long. Your final test is tomorrow at 10 o'clock, in the throne room. sleep well tonight, and don't be afraid, Miko"
    As they walked outside, Shojo closed the door and said to himself:
    -"Meditation soundproof room near the paladin's training facility -this brings back memories. If Sangwaan is wrong, at least I’ll see my wife again. I hope they have soundproof rooms in the afterlife."
    -"Goodbye, master" said Miko
    -"see you tomorrow"

-----------------

-"He did WHAT?" screamed Natsuko
    -"he tried to make me his minion" answered Miko.
    -"not Kubota, Shojo. He promoted you to be a paladin just like that? You haven't even completed half of your training!"
    -"well, he thinks I'm ready, and I believe in his judgment. Maybe it's a gift from twelve gods, so I could serve them better..."
    "It's just unfair" thought Natsuko. "I have to learn all this ridiculous stuff, train hard for four years, and she despite being so annoying is promoted for paladin after one and half years of studying. I thought we had the rule of law in our city".
    -"As I said earlier, I need Your help, Natsuko"
    -"as if I wanted to help you" thought Natsuko, but said nothing. Miko took her silence as if waiting for a question, and said:
    -"What is this vassal title everyone speak of? I wanted to ask Shojo, but if he knew I don't know such things he might have changed his mind"
    -"You live in a feudal country, and claim to be devoted to law, and you don't know what a vassal is?" asked Natsuko with astonishment.
    -"So far I haven't finished studying ther Gods' law, and there was nothing about it. I was planning to learn human laws next year, when the lessons of this subject would have begun. As you know, I've devoted my life for fighting and prayers to serve the Twelve Gods the best I can. Unfortunately it doesn't leave time for other things."
    "well, maybe I'll have some fun from this situation" thought Natsuko. "I hav ae pretty good bluff check, so it may work" . She said:
    -"You know Miko, Vassal comes from word vessel, which as you probably know can mean warship or container. In this case it's about the second meaning, precisely container for a child."
    -"I... I don't understand..."
    -"You know where children come from, Miko?"
    -"Of course, but what it has to do with... With lord Shojo!? But he had a wife! And he still loves her, I've heard him saying it when we left the room."
    -"Miko, Shojo is the monarch of a powerful state, which means his children are automatically heirs to the throne. It's different in royal families -it's not the matter of love but politics. Imagine Shojo's only child -Hinjo dies. Shojo isn't so old he'll die of old age, but in 10 years time? With no heir, noblemen will start fighting for the throne, which can grow into civil war."
    -"It sounds logical" -answered Miko. "If it is for the good of the city, I'll fulfill my duty. Now as you are far more experienced in that matter than me, tell me how to prepare for tomorrow's test".
    "This bluff check went much better than I was hoping for" thought Natsuko. "I hope she doesn't remember that all the paladins of both genders are Shojo's vassals, or she may start to suspect something"
    -"Well, not that experience, but I can give You a few tips for tomorrow" said Natsuko, hardly stopping herself from and evil grin.
    -"First of all, the first impression is most important, so you should prepare something special for this ...test. Maybe some sort of fancy dress? I still have this French maid costume that I bought for that costume party last year. The one where You tried to smite Niu dressed as a succubus."
    -"French maid? I don't... think Lord Shojo would find it attractive" said Miko with a blush.
    -"You might be right. You probably will not fit into this black leather costume Niu was wearing, besides walking on high heels requires some time to learn. We have to find something different. I could borrow a school uniform from my brother's daughter, but You probably won't fit into it too."
    -"I have an idea!" said Miko
    "This bluff check went a lot better than I expected" thought Natsuko
    -"when we were in that room, Lord Shojo said his cat is lovely. Maybe I'll dress as some cat-human hybrid I’ve seen in that comic you were reading while pretending it was a book about law during lessons yesterday!"
    -"You mean catgirl?" said Natsuko lightly ashamed that Miko saw what she was reading. "I once knew a wizard, his name was Larry ...Gardener? He told me about some multijuice potion that changed his friend into half-cat. But no, I don't want to see this jerk again. He wanted me to drink this thing when we were making out. We'll have to rely on more traditional methods like headband with cat's ears. And of course a black swimsuit. You can't be a catgirl without a black swimsuit. I'll borrow one for you, and make ears for headband." Stopping herself from bursting out in laughter was getting harder and harder for Natsuko.
    -"Is it really necessary?" said Miko blushing.
    -"I think Lord Shojo will love it".
    Stopping herself from laughing was so hard that Natsuko said:
    -"I'll go and prepare all the clothes for you" and left the room, before Miko had time to ask about anything.

----------------

Natsuko was talking to her friend Lei, who was giving her a black swimsuit
    -"I don't know how you managed to persuade Miko to wear it in public, but I want to see it." said Lei.
    -"Better think of some way to save this picture for future generations."
    -"That's not a problem. I have a scroll of Canon's Panel Capture spell, and I know magic student who can use it"
    -"No, we have to find something different. The throne room is protected from this kind of magic, unless this student is really high level"
    -"The throne room?! You want to make her walk into the throne room in a swimsuit?!"
    -"Shhh, not so loud. Yes, that's my plan."
    -"So better find someone who took the Craft Disturbing Mental Image feat"
    Suddenly, someone bumped into Natsuko
    -"Sorry" -said Sangwaan. "I've heard something about Miko walking into the throne room dressed only a in swimsuit"
    -"No, I was just joking how funny it would be" said Lei, confused.
    -"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone" said Sangwaan
    -"Do you see it in the future?"
    -"What, no. You know, I don't work 24 hours a day. I've been making divinations all the day, now I think I deserve some relaxation."
    -"Ok then. If you want to see it .. oh, I'm sorry." said Natsuko ashamed
    -"it's ok. I'll be there tomorrow" said Sangwaan. They didn't know it, but she already has seen it in her vision. And she had prepared her true seeing spell for tomorrow.

-----------------

-"Ok, so good luck Miko. And remember all the things I've told you. Especially purring like a cat -men love it!" said Natsuko as Miko in her costume was leaving their room. Again she had problem with stopping her laughing. She was about to go after Miko to watch the carefully prepared joke, when suddenly a thought struck her: "What if they find out it was my fault? All the castle will see it, and Miko will surely tell them whose idea it was. What if Lord Shojo will take it as an insult? They're gonna expel me! Why haven't I thought about it earlier? I’m supposed to be Lawful Good! I know, this must be that "no fear" thing with paladins. I wasn't afraid of consequences, I didn't think about it. And all the years on those stupid ethics lessons they were teaching us how to stay responsible when we don't feel fear". And because she wasn't fully a paladin yet, she began to feel very frightened.
    At this very moment, Miko opened the door, and walked into throne room.
    "I didn't know there will be so many people" thought Miko. "But I should do it, for my city"

it was Miko x Lord Shojo, can count as plot device aliens made them do it (in this case definitelly not literal aliens)

Thoughts? (I always wanted to write that)
    Last edited by half-halfling; 2010-02-11 at 09:03 AM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    am i the only one here who still holds the deed to his own soul?

and i know a guy who sold his soul for a cookie :P
    Hey, I still have *My* soul. I once wagered it in a bet, but I won.

Now I benefit from a continual "Circle of Protection from Evil" centered on myself. It's great, but has honestly dulled my edge a little bit.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

They're overrated, Ocanous. Only get in the way with annoying conscience when all you wanna do is Inflict some Criticals.

Felyndiira, i like it! I dunno that Xykon is EVER serious, but i'll let it go. XP

Now, Cap'n. The idea's real shiny, but there are a few things. I'll put them in a spoiler to save room.
    Spoiler
    Show
    For a start, the dashes for speech are slightly awkward. Second, it could do with some more spacing. The start's a little staccato, maybe connect the sentences? It seems drawn out.

Instead of 'Natsuko was lying on the bed in her room in the castle, reading a book. It was so boring that every few minutes she had to make a will save throw against falling asleep', maybe you should put 'Natsuko was lying on her bed, in the castle reading a book-a book so boring she was starting to fail will saves against sleep.'

Some more commas might help a little-and most importantly, Shojo is pretending to be senile. Miko doesn't know. It's kinda important, remember what she does when she finds out?

I reiterate. Real shiny work, cap'n. Apart from that stuff.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

23. - Top - End - #473

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Aren't the DEEP plotbunnies the ones you hid because they scared even you?
    But... but... we don't WANT to bring them out. They're the Cthulhu's of plotbunnies! They will EAT OUR SOULS IN WAYS TOO HORRIFIC TO IMAGINE.
    Like everone else said, by posting on this thread, we have forfited or sold our souls. Besides, the deep plot bunnies are the best ones.

After spending roughly 71% of my life in therapy (and counting), you'd be hard-pressed to uncover anything else.
    That still won't stop me from finding your deepest fearsplot bunnies. Besides, poking brains is fun.

There's so much snow outside that my dog (Who has long legs, in case you were wondering) can't walk comfortably.

There's so much snow outside that one of the trees in my backyard collapsed.

And IT'S STILL SNOWING.

On the bright side...BACK-TO-BACK SNOW DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ha! In Anchorage, we have that almost every year. We're use't to it. Though we only have just enought snow right now to go snowmachining, so far. The east coast is stealing my snow.

Alaska will servive the next ice age everyone.
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

You people are awesome with the lyrics.
    Thank you. Here's TherklaxElan

Spoiler
    Show
    EPONINE
    Don't you fret, M'sieur Marius
    I don't feel any pain
    A little fall of rain
    Can hardly hurt me now
    You're here, that's all I need to know
    And you will keep me safe
    And you will keep me close
    And rain will make the flowers grow.

MARIUS
    But you will live, 'Ponine - dear God above,
    If I could heal your wounds with words of love.

EPONINE
    Just hold me now, and let it be.
    Shelter me, comfort me

MARIUS
    You would live a hundred years
    If I could show you how
    I won't desert you now...

EPONINE
    The rain can't hurt me now
    This rain will wash away what's past
    I'll sleep in your embrace at last.

The rain that brings you here
    Is Heaven-blessed!
    The skies begin to clear
    And I'm at rest
    A breath away from where you are
    I've come home from so far
    So don't you fret, M'sieur Marius

I don't feel any pain
    A little fall of rain
    Can hardly hurt me now

That's all I need to know

MARIUS(in counterpoint)
    Hush-a-bye, dear Eponine,
    You won't feel any pain
    A little fall of rain
    Can hardly hurt you now
    I'm here

I will stay with you
    Till you are sleeping

EPONINE
    And rain...

MARIUS
    And rain...

EPONINE
    Will make the flowers...

MARIUS
    Will make the flowers... grow...

(She dies. Marius kisses her, then lays her on the ground)

― Tim Fargo

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

XD

I'm chaotic good. There's two reasons for me to keep my soul.

Whoooah. Nice. Therkla. ;_;
    Can i ship TherklaElanHaley?

26. - Top - End - #476

XD

I'm chaotic good. There's two reasons for me to keep my soul.

Whoooah. Nice. Therkla. ;_;
    Can i ship TherklaElanHaley?
    And I'm Lawful Good! *Grumbles about how I'm unable to take levels in Druid*

Do a crack pairing! Do a crack pairing! Fun for everyone! (Especially for the three of them)

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

I took protection from Law. XD Nyaha. Can't be a paladin tho. No ass-stick for me. DXD

I may do. (Thinks of plot)

28. - Top - End - #478

As if! But genes are just sooo 20th century. Seriously, environment is sooo much more important.

It would also be interesting if someone wrote a pairing of Javert and Miko.
    Hmmm... They are both lawful good...
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    Hmmm... They are both lawful good...
    Javert is textbook Lawful Neutral. Any more LN and he'd be Judge Dredd. Jean Valjean is Lawful Good - "If you just let me save this girl, I'll come back - I promise!"

But Javert reaches a point where he questions all he knows. Miko never reaches that point; hence redemption eludes her.

― Tim Fargo

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

But Javert reaches a point where he questions all he knows. Miko never reaches that point; hence redemption eludes her.
    I never saw or read Les Miserable...but I read on TVTropes that while Javert questions everything he knows,
    Spoiler
    Show
    he commits suicide because he can't make sense of the world without his old mindset.