New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 84: Goblins and catgirls and dryads, oh my!

[Lake Shore - Mindscape]

Entering both minds gives an interesting perspective. The "mother's" mind represents Kitty's current state. It's very inactive at the moment. Here it's obvious that this whole ordeal is hard on her, but nothing she can't handle.

From the "kit's" mind she can tell that the intelligence behind it is incredibly simple and undeveloped. But what's more noteworthy is its connection to Kitty. On Kitty's side the connection was wide and spread out. On this end it focuses in, like the other end of a funnel. It's clear that Kitty's mind if directly feeding the kit. What seems to be coming though are emotions and desires, though there's little to pick up on at the moment.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lake Shore - Mindscape

Okay... a plan forms.

The actual connection is on Kitty's end; that is what must be undone. She will start by beginning to try to deactivate the connection slowly, reducing the input from Kitty. The other end tries to keep the kit from reforming the connection or making new ones, so that it is slowly isolated from Kitty.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-10-23 at 02:13 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

It seems Brinika is going through with her plan. She's holding a big straw hat - the kind you'd imagine a stereotypical farmer from the southern US would wear - and attaching leaves to it with great care. She seems to be pretty focused on the job.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Abandoned Camp- Cabin #1

He hasn't searched the cupboards; might be there's something in one of those.

Regardless, through this door is a bedroom with a double bed. There's a large hole in one of the walls leading to the outside, and there's a wardrobe open in the corner. In the bottom are some pieces of brightly coloured plastic, and on the rail are some plastic coat hangers. Underneath the bed, a black laptop bag peeks out.
    Abandoned Camp - Cabin 1

The black bag sticks out the most so Justin shuffles over and pulls it out to examine it.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake Shore - Mindscape

Working away at the connection is like trying to break a steel pillar. She can make some progress, but it's going to take a lot of effort. When she does start making some progress, it provokes a reaction from the physical Kitty.

The kitsune clutches her stomach a let's out a small cry of pain. "What are you doing?" She says pitifully.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lake Shore - Mindscape

"You are infected by some kind of psionic parasite, something that appears to be some flavor of eldritch or some other wrong. It's well-entrenched... perhaps it would be prudent of me to stop from here and bring the found results to Quinn, for a more cautious removal."

"I admit I'm not sure why you are suffering physically; I would have stopped earlier but I can't help but feel that leaving you in utter rage would be counterproductive."

Mentally, Copi stops disconnecting but does not allow reconnection, not sure about what Kitty will decide.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #1

It's a black laptop bag. It has two zips that meet in the middle and a pouch on the top that stays closed through velcro. Inside the pouch is the power cable; inside there's a laptop, mouse, mouse mat, headphones and a large internal pocket containing some computer games. Or at least computer game CD cases.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Rowan Cabin - Living Room

"Oh, I've been alright. Just a little bored," Patty admits with a smile of her own, going to give Julie a quick - but non-TK-disrupting - hug. "So how are the twins? Still keeping you frazzled?" she asks teasingly.
    Rowan Cabin

Julie's focus isn't on the telekinesis, but the knife is still doing its job. She makes sure to squeeze Patty back extra tight in response, "Surprisingly not. They're getting less harrowing to deal with every day, even if Scylla keeps insisting on getting into trouble. If you're bored though, you're always welcome to drop by and say hello to anyone here."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Rowan Cabin - Kids' Room]

Nicholas walks up to Scylla and nuzzles her hand a little, looking up at her. The two babies do smell weird but he's used to strange smells. And there are pets to be had.
    Sophie, meanwhile, crouches and looks at the two far-children and her cat.
    "Yes, he is. I got him a while ago as my pet. Isn't he great?" she asks with an encouraging smile.
    Rowan Cabin - Kids' Room

Scylla nods happily as she runs her fingers through the cat's fur, agreeing with Sophie on that point in full. Prism just holds out a single finger in front of Nicholas' nose, timid and unsure of how to react.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Nicholas purrs quietly when Scylla runs her fingers through his fur. Then, when Prism holds a finger to his nose, he reaches out with his head and tries to sniff at it and nuzzle it with his cheek. Sophie just watches with a gentle smile for now.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

"I should more often," Patty agrees, then chuckles, squeezing tightly before letting go. "And that's good to hear. Well, aside from getting into trouble. Of course, I'm sure we were experts at staying out of trouble, weren't we?" she adds with a wink.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Shore - Mindscape]

Kitty sits up. The pain in her stomach has receded to a dull ache that;'s quickly fading. She spits and wipes her mouth. All together she's not feeling or looking good at all. Most of all, however, she looks scared and confused.

"Infected by a what?" It sure doesn't sound good. "Y- yeah. Let's go talk to Quinn." She starts to shakily stand.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lake Shore - Mindscape

Copi will help Kitty stand, and support her if she needs or allows it. She'll walk toward the infirmary. "Right now I have a hold on it; I'm keeping it from getting a better grasp. I could stop, and that might make it less unpleasant... but that would give it the chance to re-integrate, and possibly prepare for another attack. How do you feel? Would you like me to carry you?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Shore => Infirmary]

Kitty is quite grateful for the support. She shakes her head at the offer to be carried, though. "I can walk." Just not very steadily.

Copi will be able to hold the connection where it is. There's a constant pressure, but nothing she shouldn't be able to handle.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

"Thank you, Your Holiness." The Sea Elf will smile and open one of the ledgers, dip the quill in the green ink and start making a symbol next to every entry in the list, bypassing only one entry.
    Yuki moves to sit up on the bed next to him as he writes. One of her wings raising up and going behind him as she gets comfortable one leg tucked under her other which is dangling off the bed. She leans in closer watching the pen leave it's mark on the paper. She may not be able to read the symbols but she is pretty sure they are family records of some sort, and she can guess what the symbol means.

"We don't know what happened to anyone else. You were the only person we found here. Maybe others escaped as well?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

Copi will help Kitty to the infirmary, and once in the infirmary she will walk her over to the bed.

"Quinn! We have made an important discovery concerning Kitty's condition! Are you familiar with the notion of mindscapes and the plumbing thereof?"

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Kitty slumps onto the bed. When Quinn comes over, she'll find that Kitty looks absolutely exhausted, and quite pale to boot. She lies down and props her head up with a pillow. She could use a nap, but she better be awake for this.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

"Without a ship, anybody else that survived are stranded on islands inhabited by Island Goblins. I don't know how I got here, Your Holiness, but Island Goblins will kill everybody they find and it's several thousand miles to the nearest safe shore. We rely on our ships, Your Holiness, and our rowing-boats are, unfortunately, inferior over long distances to the canoes and rafts made by Island Goblins. And I don't care if you tell your priests that I said that, Your Holiness. Elves are not inherently superior, just more civilised." Because a Sea Elf wizard focusses on making sure the ship is as good as it possibly is and doesn't bother with the boats, whilst Island Goblin wizards maintain the fleet of war-rafts and canoes used by their people. Sea Elves use ships like floating fortresses, so focus on making them strong and sturdy, but Island Goblins use their canoes as steeds, focussing on speed and stealth.

Also, the last two sentences are said with fierce determination.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"I don't think I have any priests. I'm sorry to hear that it is most likely that the others are gone. You can call me Yuki by the way."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Pathfinder's Hut - Levi jeans

The man whose cape blows dramatically in the wind looks down at Pathfinder's mixtures of powders, as he thinks about how to answer the question. "Generally...I suppose they eat meat, just like most other animals. The difference is that they like eating people once in a while."

He answered the first question, which was the harder one. The second half of the question is certainly easier, and so Levi answers this one much more quickly. "The best way to get rid of one is, of course, killing it. Barring that, the next-best way is to shine a really bright light at it. They're slightly nocturnal, like bats or dogs or deer." After that, he doesn't know any effective way to get rid of one. Everyone has their own wives' tale, like hanging a headless chicken in front of your house, or yodelling "Happy Birthday" at the top of your lungs, but those haven't been proven to have any great effect.
    Pathfinder's Hut - Levi

"So a normal weapon will work?" Pathfinder asks, slightly confused as to how it could cause so much trouble if the answer was this simple. "Either way, step closer to the fire." He tells Levi before tossing a handful of powder onto the flames, causing them to erupt into a bonfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Main Cabin - Andy

Andy can't say he feels save now.

"I will remember this."
    Main Cabin - Andy

Pathfinder nods his thanks. "Is there anything else you'd like to talk about? Reelshka and I will be leaving on a trip for a while, so you might find yourself without most of the other Council Members."

Pathfinder's Hut - Later

The next time Reelshka visits his hut, Pathfinder has his couple bags packed and loaded into a cart being drawn by an oxen. He seems distracted, humming merrily to himself as he's almost done getting things under way.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut - Later]

Reelshka arrives there, with Brinika. They each have a backpack and a larger pack (still goblin-sized, of course) that they will put on the cart. They're both dressed warmly, Brinika especially. Reelshka is smiling and the tiny goblin is all but bouncing with excitement.

[Elsewhere]

In another timeline, Brinika wanders around the campsite with a big leaf-ornamented hat on her head. She's eager to show it to someone.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-10-24 at 04:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut - Reelshka

Pathfinder smiles when he notices the two and turns to the forest to give a series of whistles. After a moment, a large wolf like creature made of stone and earth comes padding into the area to sit at the shaman's feet. The Wolfen kneels down and scratches it's ears gently. <Take care of the Little Pack.> He whispers to it in Wolfen before sending the creature on the way and turning to Brinika and Reelshka. "If you're both ready, go ahead and hop up and I can guide us." He tells them with a wag of his tail, ready to go.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut - Reelshka]

Reelshka nods with a smile. "We're both ready. Let's go."

As she speaks, Brinika climbs into the cart rather quickly. Seems she's eager to go. With a little chuckle, her aunt follows her.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground

Main Cabin - Andy

What? Well without them there is only Quinn Andy knows, so there will only be two.

"Well,... I think that's all I want to know for now. If you have any problem don't hesitate to ask."

Well thats something Andy doesn't belive to happen, but he tries to be nice. Even thought he looks at the arm his player remembers as some kind of magic/technic replacement.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Copi will help Kitty to the infirmary, and once in the infirmary she will walk her over to the bed.

"Quinn! We have made an important discovery concerning Kitty's condition! Are you familiar with the notion of mindscapes and the plumbing thereof?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Kitty slumps onto the bed. When Quinn comes over, she'll find that Kitty looks absolutely exhausted, and quite pale to boot. She lies down and props her head up with a pillow. She could use a nap, but she better be awake for this.
    Quinn hurries over, frowning a bit as she notes Kitty's condition, and will quickly attempt to set up a nutrient-and-Vulpanade IV!

"I'm...actually quite familiar with mindscapes," Quinn says cautiously. "And have done my share of...ah...plumbing. What happened?" she asks, concerned.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #145

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Nicholas purrs quietly when Scylla runs her fingers through his fur. Then, when Prism holds a finger to his nose, he reaches out with his head and tries to sniff at it and nuzzle it with his cheek. Sophie just watches with a gentle smile for now.
    Rowan Cabin - Kids Room

Prism pulls back her finger at the contact, startled, but then reaches out slowly to rub his head.

Meanwhile, Scylla apparently enjoys the sound Nicholas is making so much that she starts to imitate it, letting out a purr that sounds exactly like his own. Her ability to mimic things after only hearing them once has only gotten more precise as she's aged.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Rowan Cabin]

"I should more often," Patty agrees, then chuckles, squeezing tightly before letting go. "And that's good to hear. Well, aside from getting into trouble. Of course, I'm sure we were experts at staying out of trouble, weren't we?" she adds with a wink.
    Rowan Cabin

"Only when we need to be sug." Julie replies saucily as the knife slides under the peppers it was cutting and flicks them into a frying pan that begins to heat up on its own.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #146

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #1

It's a black laptop bag. It has two zips that meet in the middle and a pouch on the top that stays closed through velcro. Inside the pouch is the power cable; inside there's a laptop, mouse, mouse mat, headphones and a large internal pocket containing some computer games. Or at least computer game CD cases.
    Abandoned Camp- Cabin #1

Justin tries to sit down on the bed, hopefully without cracking it in to under his collected weight. He'll try to turn on the computer and see what it has in it. It is above a huge military bunker after all.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Nicholas patiently lets Prism pet him as well. He's pretty good with children, it would seem.

When Scylla begins to purr, he meows in confusion. Why does this strange-smelling little person sound just like him?

Sophie, meanwhile, raises her eyebrows. "Oh my. You sound just like him. How did you learn that?" she asks.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #1

It has several files about the Anglo-French War of the (I've forgotten the date). It hasn't been used since before the end of the war, so it's unclear as to who won, if anybody. One file gives a list of missiles, their targets, what payload they were carrying, and whether they made it; all but one made it to their destination in France and also the UK, carrying a variety of noxious chemicals and artificial diseases. It also has a file suggesting a 'French' submarine should drop a payload on an Australian city to bring them into the war. Quite why it's here, and why it isn't password protected, is rather curious, however there's a file hidden in the Minesweeper game in French.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Poplar Cabin

Lily Applehill is here, crying her eyes out because her parents won't let her go with Pathfinder and Reelshka. She already said her goodbyes offscreen, but she's still heartbroken. Unusually, Tito is trying to comfort her instead of being surly in her general direction. He didn't want her to go and was relieved when the parental decision was no. He's glad she's not going, but he feels guilty for being glad when Lee-lee is so sad.

Pansy and Brand, aware that they are not Lily's favourite people at the moment, are out of sight, but within earshot. It had been hard for them to deny her something she wanted so badly, but it simply wasn't something they could bear. Not yet. Not while she was so young. Not when all the uncertainty of what might happen while she was away would tear Tito to pieces. Not when they didn't believe Lily was old enough to handle a weeks-long separation from her parents. Not when they couldn't handle a prolonged separation from their daughter.

Lily would know all these reasons one day. If she ever had a child, she would even understand. But for now, there's just one thought in her mind.

Brinika is going, and I'm not, and it JUST ISN'T FAIR!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

"She had grown tired of remaining in the infirmary, and I accompanied her on a short walk to the side of the lake. There we began to discuss her situation and ended up-you know, given the circumstances and my tendency towards unnecessary eloquence especially where detail is desirable, it would be much more efficient to simply give you the information by psychic link, if you have experience with mental communication."

...seeing as Kitty probably doesn't want to wait too long for the solution, that might be a good idea.