New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

I have permission from my parents, and i can drink in my country anyway. ^_^
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    Can I squee loud enough?

By the way, I love Tiasal's outfit. And since I never pay attention to clothes, that's saying something.
    Thanks. I thought regular robes were just too plain, so I added the skull. Which reminds me I need to add it when I get to finish that other sketch.

Fanfanfiction? *crawls off* *squees in distance*

Do you want critique or should I shut up before I sound pretentious?
    You know, one part of me wants to follow her jaw down to the ground and repeatedly stutter "I am not worthy", but I love to receive critique, as it means that someone reads/looks at my stuff thoroughly and deems it worthy enough of being given help to get better. So, yes, please, I want critique.

Ask that to Tiasal! She's the one deciding!
    Hrm, maybe someone from outside needs to tell her she doesn't need to follow the Deirdre path and that there are other options that can lead to a different outcome if she struggles enough.

I think you might come to like the songs of Sirenia and Delain.
    Trying to return to some communities from where I've vanished in the last few years. Trying to become more active in general. Social connections are like drugs xD"
    So, I'm in college now! In a city at the other end of the country, five hours by train.
    I can't choose between my Internet Nicknames. Have about 4 of them atm.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

America: you can be put to death and conscripted before you can drink. Fun? Our alcohol laws are...odd. Buying alcohol: must be 21. To drink, you must be 21 unless you have the permission your parent in a private setting (i.e.: the home, not a restaraunt). A parent can still be charged with suppling alcohol to a minor and child endangerment if they allow their child (or force) to drink serious amounts. But...I haven't been carded since I was fifteen (but I don't drink, so I never actually abused it ). In some Alcohol Beverage Control stores and various markets, if you look like you know what you're doing (harder than it sounds) and look the age (a little subjective)...they'll let you through without carding, even though they've never met you and are technically supposed to for every customer. Regardless of the literal law, the practice is that except in very conservative / zero tolerance areas (like, say, a Christian College) as long as no overt trouble or drunk driving occurs people tend to turn a blind eye. I've met multi-generational nationals that prohibit their children from drinking until 21, no exceptions, and I've met the same that have no trouble letting their fifteen year old enjoy a (singular, or possibly two over a long stretch) beer in front of the TV when they're home for the night. America on alcohol, like a lot more things than you'd expect, is pretty diverse on accepted view.
    Last edited by NemoUtopia; 2010-02-07 at 10:39 AM.
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed

Without improvisation, magic is inherently limited

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks to everyone who helped with the scrolls! :D (Which is the spell that you can cast to resurrect someone from scratch without the body? )
    True Ressurection.

*squees in distance*
    I think I've figured out what the soundproof rooms are for.

I was wondering if someone would mention the drugs. Yeah, that could be trouble...
    I'm just hoping either Redcloak or Xykon (I don't think the latter would be happy with her being drugged, either) finds out, either by noticing the withdrawal symptoms, or seeing the needle marks. Otherwise, it's way too easy for the Cleric to punish her by not giving her the dose she needs.

I was wondering if I pulled the 'sad' feel off. I want to give the memories a little life--to say that, yes, she's lost her family and not just a couple mooks--but I'm never sure if I did.
    They could possibly do with some more development that isn't from Tiasal's point of view, or at least being seen interacting with each other, not just her. They still don't quite feel like characters in their own right.

It actually surprises me how much that fits. Incidentally...

Guess what I thought of when I listened to this...
    Creepy. 0_o

Turns out it was about her father. Guess who I thought of?
    Great. Now I'm imagining a Karaoke night with all the OOTS characters. XD

I wonder what Xykon would sing.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, i'm glad i live in England. XD

KaraokOoTS? I want it. We must do it.

(Tsukiko=I kissed a girl?)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

6. - Top - End - #66

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post

Could imagine "A shadow of your own self" by Sirenia. http://darklyrics.com/lyrics/sirenia...dsevens.html#8
    Trying to return to some communities from where I've vanished in the last few years. Trying to become more active in general. Social connections are like drugs xD"
    So, I'm in college now! In a city at the other end of the country, five hours by train.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Nonono. When You're Evil, by Voltaire. XDDD

'I do it all because i'm eeeevil,
    This is the life, you see,
    the devil, tips his hat to meee,
    I do it all because i'm eeeevil,
    And i do it all for freeeee,
    Your tears are all the pay i'll ever need!'

XD

8. - Top - End - #68

BardGirl

Yes, or that one. How about he sings so well he sings both?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NemoUtopia View Post
    America: you can be put to death and conscripted before you can drink. Fun? Our alcohol laws are...odd. Buying alcohol: must be 21. To drink, you must be 21 unless you have the permission your parent in a private setting (i.e.: the home, not a restaraunt). A parent can still be charged with suppling alcohol to a minor and child endangerment if they allow their child (or force) to drink serious amounts. But...I haven't been carded since I was fifteen (but I don't drink, so I never actually abused it ). In some Alcohol Beverage Control stores and various markets, if you look like you know what you're doing (harder than it sounds) and look the age (a little subjective)...they'll let you through without carding, even though they've never met you and are technically supposed to for every customer. Regardless of the literal law, the practice is that except in very conservative / zero tolerance areas (like, say, a Christian College) as long as no overt trouble or drunk driving occurs people tend to turn a blind eye. I've met multi-generational nationals that prohibit their children from drinking until 21, no exceptions, and I've met the same that have no trouble letting their fifteen year old enjoy a (singular, or possibly two over a long stretch) beer in front of the TV when they're home for the night. America on alcohol, like a lot more things than you'd expect, is pretty diverse on accepted view.
    In some states (Wisconsin comes to mind) minors can legally drink small amounts of alcohol in public or in the home with parental consent. But in most states, you're not supposed to drink at all until 21.

...And that is how I met your father.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

MiTD:
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

11. - Top - End - #71

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by licoot View Post
    MiTD:
    *snip* Here vus de pictshure off de too MiTDs
    *takes photo* Whenever I need to blackmail any of them into helping me... Awesum idea :D
    Last edited by Eztheria; 2010-02-07 at 11:07 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Eztheria View Post
    Thanks. I thought regular robes were just too plain, so I added the skull. Which reminds me I need to add it when I get to finish that other sketch.
    I thought it was a really nice touch. I may use it at some point, provided you don't mind.

You know, one part of me wants to follow her jaw down to the ground and repeatedly stutter "I am not worthy", but I love to receive critique, as it means that someone reads/looks at my stuff thoroughly and deems it worthy enough of being given help to get better. So, yes, please, I want critique.
    It's mostly to do with characterization--in case no one has noticed, that's my specialty.

I was a little confused as to what was going on in the beginning and where everyone was throughout the piece, so I suggest adding in a couple of sentences to that effect. Something that establishes that Vaarsuvius is in a time stop with Redcloak frozen outside in the beginning, then says where she's going and where she left Reddy.

And Vaarsuvius isn't really the type to use colloquial language or swears--she would probably find them too crude, even when she was angry or stressed. Instead of 'shut up', she'd probably say 'silence.' And instead of 'bastard', she'd probably say 'monster.'

That being said...

"Not my daughter, you BASTARD!", the castress screamed.
    I see what you did there. And I liked the reference. (Oh, and you don't need a comma if there's an exclamation point or a question mark.)

And Tiasal would probably fight harder for Xykon. It's true that he's like a father to her and he is all that she thinks would accept her, so she would try to protect him from this obviously high-powered threat. If she saw that Vaarsuvius didn't want to hurt her, she would keep standing in front of Xykon and try to attack. And if Xykon still was destroyed with the phylactery, she would have a much worse reaction. Instead of allowing her parents to hug her, she'd probably have an out-and-out psychotic breakdown.

Anything else, you have to try to pick up through reading, because those are little subtleties to writing and the rhythm of words that's hard to try to explain. Overall, I'm just flattered that you wrote anything about them and it's sparked an idea in my head for another one-shot...

Ah, thank you.

I'm just hoping either Redcloak or Xykon (I don't think the latter would be happy with her being drugged, either) finds out, either by noticing the withdrawal symptoms, or seeing the needle marks. Otherwise, it's way too easy for the Cleric to punish her by not giving her the dose she needs.
    Oh, Xykon would be pissed. But Master is depending on the fact that Tiasal is reluctant to speak and is very independent--she won't tell anyone about it, and the drugs are a way for him to control kids who try to escape or who misbehave often.

They could possibly do with some more development that isn't from Tiasal's point of view, or at least being seen interacting with each other, not just her. They still don't quite feel like characters in their own right.
    I want to do that, but how? If I did, then I would reveal what was going on back home.

Creepy. 0_o
    I thought of Tiasal within Deirdre.

When You're Evil by Voltaire. *ninja'd*

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

13. - Top - End - #73

Urgh... I'm ill. (self inflicted, I was out last night )

New thread! Squeeeeee! As promised here is my VxHaley Fic. I call it:

Subconscious Desire
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was a large, bare room and the elf stood in the middle of it, purple hair back in a ponytail and with only a loincloth to protect his modesty. His unnatural stillness proclaimed the presence of a Hold Person spell, the flame haired woman at the doorway in the dark purple, velvet cloak the caster. She looked at him for a moment with appraising eyes then, with a violent gesture, she ripped off her cloak, revealing black leather bra, pants and thigh boots, and advanced on the elf. His eyes were on hers, aflame with pride and fury but he was helpless in the grip of her spell. Defenceless, like a kitten hissing at its attacker. She smiled, flinging her arms wide.

“What do you think? I know the decorating’s not up to much but give me time.” She leant closer to him, until their faces were less than a foot apart. “What’s wrong? Cat got your tongue?” Then whirled away, giggling at her own joke. Moving behind him she rested her hands on her shoulders then slowly, ever so slowly, ran the tip of her tongue up the edge of his ear. His slight, involuntary gasp was exciting and she laughed again then rested her head on his shoulder.

“I’m jealous you know. I don’t think there’s a proper human equivalent to elven ears. Or dragon’s tails or dwarven beards for that matter. I know! Shall we experiment?” Startled by the growl that issued from him she jumped back casting Hold Person for a second time. Satisfied he was once again immobile she stepped closer to him once more.

“Feisty aren’t we? Luckily I have a spell, a homebrew no less, I’ve been saving for exactly this type of situation. It’s called” she moved forward until her lips were just brushing his ear, and whispered, “Pain.”

Unable to scream, unable to move there was little outer reaction. Inside there was no elf, just the pain. Unbearable, unimaginable pain. Bones filled with fire and acid and pain. He didn’t realise when her hands left his shoulders and she moved back to stand in front of him. He couldn’t see, he couldn’t hear, he couldn’t think, there was only pain. No before, no after, just the now and every second filled with pain.

“Stop”

The pain disappeared instantly but the memory remained. Even then, with sweat beaded on his forehead and his breath coming in pants, his eyes still glared defiance. A fighter, but she had known that already. No matter. Some would crumble and some would fight but they would all be hers in the end. All hers and they would welcome the pain she brought because it was hers as well. Sure enough beneath the defiance and pride and fury in his eyes were two new emotions. Wonder, wonder at her power, and lust, lust for it and for her. Fledgling as of yet but they would grow. Yes, he was already hers; he just didn’t know it yet.

X X X

Haley found herself being shaken awake.

“Vaarsuvius?” she murmured, still half asleep.

“It’s Elan, are you OK?” she opened her eyes to see his worried face peering down at her and behind him the side of the tent. “You were rolling around and moaning in your sleep. Were you having a nightmare?”

She blinked to clear the sleep from her eyes and tried to think. Desert, they were in the desert. They were going to Girard’s gate. She wasn’t a sorcerer she was a rogue and what was “homebrew” anyway?

“Erm... yes a dream, a nightmare. I’m OK now.”

Snuggling back into Elan’s arms she wished he hadn’t woken her. It was just getting to the good part.

Thoughts?

Can you change thread titles? It seems a bit unweildy. Maybe "Bring Bottled Water, Ours is Spiked With Love Potion" would be better?
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

How about he sings so well he sings both?
    But he doesn't even have lungs!

I want to do that, but how? If I did, then I would reveal what was going on back home.
    So they are alive?

Maybe a longer flashback where she overhears a conversation between some of them?
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-07 at 12:00 PM.
    DeviantArt

15. - Top - End - #75

BardGirl

I thought it was a really nice touch. I may use it at some point, provided you don't mind.
    I'd be honored if you did.

It's mostly to do with characterization--in case no one has noticed, that's my specialty.

I was a little confused as to what was going on in the beginning and where everyone was throughout the piece, so I suggest adding in a couple of sentences to that effect. Something that establishes that Vaarsuvius is in a time stop with Redcloak frozen outside in the beginning, then says where she's going and where she left Reddy.
    The sudden beginning was due to the fact that it's more to a 'short story', they usually start like this, but I kinda see your point. I tend to write scenes that don't need to be introduced, I seriously need to work at that point.

And Vaarsuvius isn't really the type to use colloquial language or swears--she would probably find them too crude, even when she was angry or stressed. Instead of 'shut up', she'd probably say 'silence.' And instead of 'bastard', she'd probably say 'monster.'
    Ah, thank you. I edited already at a point because it struck me as too OOC. Well, the reason that I'll never be a good writer is that where you are good at characterizing, I suck and need a lot of time and critique to completely grasp a characters character.

That being said...
    <the HP ref>
    I see what you did there. And I liked the reference. (Oh, and you don't need a comma if there's an exclamation point or a question mark.)
    I personally haven't read that far, but that quote is excessively used on TVT, so I thought it fit. Glad you liked it.

And Tiasal would probably fight harder for Xykon. It's true that he's like a father to her and he is all that she thinks would accept her, so she would try to protect him from this obviously high-powered threat. If she saw that Vaarsuvius didn't want to hurt her, she would keep standing in front of Xykon and try to attack. And if Xykon still was destroyed with the phylactery, she would have a much worse reaction. Instead of allowing her parents to hug her, she'd probably have an out-and-out psychotic breakdown.
    *points upwards to the characterization part* It partly was because I wanted to finish it quickly and wanted to have a nice WAFF ending, but it seems I have to rewrite that one. Might end up way longer than originally planned.

Anything else, you have to try to pick up through reading, because those are little subtleties to writing and the rhythm of words that's hard to try to explain. Overall, I'm just flattered that you wrote anything about them and it's sparked an idea in my head for another one-shot...
    So, more reading it is? The thing is most of my teachers don't like to see me reading in class *cough* Eherm. But I've got a rather long list of stuff I need to re-read because when I first read them I was to small to understand it. But thank you.
    Last edited by Eztheria; 2010-02-07 at 11:23 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    Urgh... I'm ill. (self inflicted, I was out last night )

New thread! Squeeeeee! As promised here is my VxHaley Fic. I call it:

Subconscious Desire
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was a large, bare room and the elf stood in the middle of it, purple hair back in a ponytail and with only a loincloth to protect his modesty. His unnatural stillness proclaimed the presence of a Hold Person spell, the flame haired woman at the doorway in the dark purple, velvet cloak the caster. She looked at him for a moment with appraising eyes then, with a violent gesture, she ripped off her cloak, revealing black leather bra, pants and thigh boots, and advanced on the elf. His eyes were on hers, aflame with pride and fury but he was helpless in the grip of her spell. Defenceless, like a kitten hissing at its attacker. She smiled, flinging her arms wide.

“What do you think? I know the decorating’s not up to much but give me time.” She leant closer to him, until their faces were less than a foot apart. “What’s wrong? Cat got your tongue?” Then whirled away, giggling at her own joke. Moving behind him she rested her hands on her shoulders then slowly, ever so slowly, ran the tip of her tongue up the edge of his ear. His slight, involuntary gasp was exciting and she laughed again then rested her head on his shoulder.

“I’m jealous you know. I don’t think there’s a proper human equivalent to elven ears. Or dragon’s tails or dwarven beards for that matter. I know! Shall we experiment?” Startled by the growl that issued from him she jumped back casting Hold Person for a second time. Satisfied he was once again immobile she stepped closer to him once more.

“Feisty aren’t we? Luckily I have a spell, a homebrew no less, I’ve been saving for exactly this type of situation. It’s called” she moved forward until her lips were just brushing his ear, and whispered, “Pain.”

Unable to scream, unable to move there was little outer reaction. Inside there was no elf, just the pain. Unbearable, unimaginable pain. Bones filled with fire and acid and pain. He didn’t realise when her hands left his shoulders and she moved back to stand in front of him. He couldn’t see, he couldn’t hear, he couldn’t think, there was only pain. No before, no after, just the now and every second filled with pain.

“Stop”

The pain disappeared instantly but the memory remained. Even then, with sweat beaded on his forehead and his breath coming in pants, his eyes still glared defiance. A fighter, but she had known that already. No matter. Some would crumble and some would fight but they would all be hers in the end. All hers and they would welcome the pain she brought because it was hers as well. Sure enough beneath the defiance and pride and fury in his eyes were two new emotions. Wonder, wonder at her power, and lust, lust for it and for her. Fledgling as of yet but they would grow. Yes, he was already hers; he just didn’t know it yet.

X X X

Haley found herself being shaken awake.

“Vaarsuvius?” she murmured, still half asleep.

“It’s Elan, are you OK?” she opened her eyes to see his worried face peering down at her and behind him the side of the tent. “You were rolling around and moaning in your sleep. Were you having a nightmare?”

She blinked to clear the sleep from her eyes and tried to think. Desert, they were in the desert. They were going to Girard’s gate. She wasn’t a sorcerer she was a rogue and what was “homebrew” anyway?

“Erm... yes a dream, a nightmare. I’m OK now.”

Snuggling back into Elan’s arms she wished he hadn’t woken her. It was just getting to the good part.

Thoughts?

Can you change thread titles? It seems a bit unwieldy. Maybe "Bring Bottled Water, Ours is Spiked With Love Potion" would be better?
    Guess she's walking on the evil side of the street.

And yes, I agree. I was just about to suggest that myself.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Xykon doesn't need lungs to talk, so he can sing.
    I know have the idea of Xykon singing Never Gonna Give You Up to Tsukiko. XD Or Tiasal.

Huh, complex law is complex.

Haley needs to multiclass? XD

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Xykon doesn't need lungs to talk, so he can sing.
    He has trouble with the evil laughter though.
    DeviantArt

19. - Top - End - #79

So they are alive?

Maybe a longer flashback where she overhears a conversation between some of them?
    Well of course Octavius, Terentius, Inkyrius, Haley, Roy, and so on are alive. They weren't at the field. Aarindarius, Elan, and Abram were.

Maybe I could write a one-shot or a glance at what her brothers/Inky are doing?

Might end up way longer than originally planned.
    I'm happy with that. :>

But thank you.
    Welcome. I tend to get nit-picky with critiques, so I get nervous about people getting offended.

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Colossus in the Playground

Hey guys! I figured out what happened with Mia was pregnant with Haley! Look what I rolled!

Bandit King/Haley's Dad, Adultery with High heels and black leather

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

AGH LOGIC
    I'M MELTING
    MEEEELTIIIING
    Eh, so he doesn't get the volume. He could still sing, just not loudly. XD

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Well of course Octavius, Terentius, Inkyrius, Haley, Roy, and so on are alive. They weren't at the field. Aarindarius, Elan, and Abram were.
    *goes back and re-reads the first chapter*

...Huh. I somehow got the idea that they'd all been killed.

Where was Inky then? I thought he lived near the field?

Maybe I could write a one-shot or a glance at what her brothers/Inky are doing?
    Yes please! I'm curious now...
    DeviantArt

23. - Top - End - #83

IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh, shiny.

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Hey guys! I figured out what happened with Mia was pregnant with Haley! Look what I rolled!

Bandit King/Haley's Dad, Adultery with High heels and black leather
    once I finish up Rogue Love I could try a stab at that.then again I dont think there is enough brain bleach in the world for this
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

26. - Top - End - #86

*goes back and re-reads the first chapter*

...Huh. I somehow got the idea that they'd all been killed.

Where was Inky then? I thought he lived near the field?
    Inky lives near the field, but not in it. Far enough away so that Tiasal can't pop by and Octavius and Terentius don't technically live with her.

Yes please! I'm curious now...
    Hmmm... Any ideas?

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Miko's Heart, Part 6 updated

As I can't edit posts in the old thread anymore, I have found parts one through five of Miko's Heart to be up to only minor errors that can be overlooked until I compile things off-site. However, Parts 6-9 still need going through, and I'm running into some needed edits. Therefore, I'm reposting Part 6, corrected, here:

Update: Miko's Heart, Beyond Lawful Good Part 6 - edited
    Spoiler
    Show
    I rise with the dawn, my training keeping me focused although I am tired. I move more like a golem than a human, numb with…everything. There has been so much to accept...all of it so fast. But I must know. It gnaws at me like a ghoul on a bone, no matter how I try to ignore it. I can find out. It would be so easy. The morning passes without a soul on this road, but this does not surprise me. Am I not on a forsaken trail? Naturally, the one time I could use a good fight there is not a random encounter to be found. It is forcing myself to break for lunch that I make my choice.

I must eat and stay warm to survive, and the hot food revives some part of me. I finish my provision and draw slowly on the earring from Karla. If she could help me, I would not have to resort to this…but she is just an adventurer. Even if she knew the right divinations, the chances were small she could aid me. I sigh before sucking in air, before I shout the one word I need, “QARR!!!”

With a flash of acrid smoke the bothersome imp appears and asks in that grating voice, “Heya, toots, knew you’d come back sometime. Ready to sign on the dotted line and get your inner blackguard on?”

My answer to this, at least, is firm: “No.”

Qarr flits through the air and with a puff of fell smoke a pen appears in his hand, “Of course, of cou…wait, waddaya mean ‘no’? You called me, toots, I don’t get infinite credit on the Interplanar Express here. Give me one good reason not to Plane Shift my ass out of this Gods forsaken place.”

I ignore the imp’s blathering and answer him, “I need to know more, first.”

Qarr grins evilly and snickers, “Ah, a reluctant holdout I see. Well, if you need a good chat to get past that useless morality, I know exactly who you need to see. Miko, meet my Boss…es.”

The world grows dark, and I am both comforted and unnerved as the sun seems to go behind a shimmering curtain of black. There is no puff of smoke, no settling effect…in a moment as sudden as two unique scenes pasted together there just is a swirling darkness as three cloaked figures rise before me. They are different that I can see only from their eyes, glowing three uniquely fiendish colors.

Yellow: “Greetings, Miko.

Orange: “The pleasure is ours.

Purple: “Heard you could use some clarification, and we’ve recently had a high level encounter of the ‘uncomfortable truth’ variety.

These three…can help me understand. I do what I must, “I would hear your offer, foul ones.”

Orange: “Only ‘foul’? Such a flatterer.

Purple: “We offer you power, Miko, to do with as you see fit. As a limited time offer, we are providing an additional incentive…

Yellow: “…the truth of alignment, your heart, and your path.”

I bellow in frustration at these Outsiders, wishing so very much that I could smite insolence, “Enough games! Tell me!”

Purple: “Some things are absolute, but alignment is…bendy. How else could we gain followers without breaking their minds? You are a creature of Law, and it has always been your comfort…

Orange: “…but not your salvation. Good and Evil are fickle enough, both trying to gain souls at every turn. I think it’s clear which team we’d rather you be playing for.

Yellow: “We offer complete health and dental, the power to lay down the Law as you choose, and a consort to meet the needs those ‘good guys’ never met.”

Purple: “Affection and attention. An amazing hottie.

Orange: “Devotion and loyalty. A real team player.

Yellow: “Security and validation. A true soul mate.

Purple: “As an additional bonus, we’d be happy to Dominate one person or soul of your choosing. Even bring them to you from anywhere in the multiverse.

Orange: “You could go back to your Twelve, of course. Become a shining beacon of ‘good’. Never be sure of your own emotions or if you are ‘good’ enough."

Yellow: “Deal with those weak nobles and paladins, constantly struggling to do the right thing when nothing seems to be going right."

Purple: “Risk heartbreak from a fickle mortal who doesn’t truly know themself. Relationships and goodness that won’t guide you, but force you to make choices.

I hear their words, like silk along my skin and a cool breeze on a hot day, the small comforts that I used to think had no meaning. Their offer…I could make the nobles obey the law. Make the law that protects and serves able to withstand their selfish influences. I could make Hinjo see the truth, stop Xykon, and have Matsumo agaib. Or anyone. AND anyone...of my choosing! The faint taste of that power, of promises that would be upheld, rules that could not be broken…

I felt their next words caress me like a lover before setting me aside:

Purple: “We understand it’s a big choice. One that may take some consideration…or sleeping alone on. A shame for one as beautiful as you, but necessary.

Orange: “Indeed. We’re willing to extend the offer up to and until you call us again, with expiration of our quality guarantee if the choice is not made in a full thirty days. You couldn’t ask for a better kegger invitation.

Yellow: “Just remember who has let you down, Miko. Who has let you down, and who is here for you now. Willing to be there for you even after death itself…

As suddenly as they appeared, all four fiends are gone and I am alone on a bleakly sunny day with a cold breeze torturing my skin. I have a choice to make, of whose arms to accept. Whose words to trust. Whose comfort to take. And who I truly am…

[edit]Ennnnh, Parts 7 and 8 only have very minor trouble that isn't hard to read past. I'm not going to repost them for now because the updates would be so small...
    Last edited by NemoUtopia; 2010-02-07 at 01:01 PM.
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed

Without improvisation, magic is inherently limited

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Inky lives near the field, but not in it. Far enough away so that Tiasal can't pop by and Octavius and Terentius don't technically live with her.
    So is the field - and the Order's HQ - at Aandy's tower?

Hmmm... Any ideas?
    It's hard to come up with ideas when I don't know what they've been getting up to.

I would be nice to get a look into Inky's point of view of... well, everything. Maybe it could start with some sort of argument between Inky, 'Tavi and Teren (I'm making those nick-names up on the spot) regarding Tia having been taken away by team Evil.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-07 at 01:05 PM.
    DeviantArt

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Whoooah. AWESOME.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by licoot View Post
    MiTD:
    {los dos MiTDs}
    Is that MiTDxGender-Switched MiTD?
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.