New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

And Kyasarin is standing right behind him. An evil look on her face.
    Gambling, eh?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Seiko sighed. Wasn't one of the main tenants of the 11th division to give one's all against all opponents? Of course, such behavior was not uncommon from Kazuma. Seiko stood up (he had been leaning down to speak to Kazuma) and looked with an odd mixture of pity and sympathy at Kazuma.

"I'm a little disappointed in you, Kazuma-kun. Actual battle situations such as the one you were in are not the proper time or place for experimenting. I'll let it slide this time because I've made similar mistakes myself, but I don't want to see this happen again. And once you've recovered, I want to see you in the 4th sparring ground in our division grounds. There I'll see for myself if this was just you being careless, or if you've actually gotten rusty. Dull blades are of no use in our division, Kazuma-kun."

Seiko's tone seemed a little harsh, but it was easy for Kazuma to tell that this came from genuine concern. It was odd, and rather unprecedented in the 11th division for someone high in the ranks to actually care for their subordinates, but that was what the 11th division had become under Michiko-taichou.
    As unusual as it might be, Kazuma was able to recognize it for what it was.

"Understood, sir."

He knew Seiko didn't mean to simply berate him for his wounds. That wasn't like the 11th either, after all.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Halfling in the Playground

Ehehe.... Yuuki looked at Kyasarin. I'm fine, I just can't help thinking that you're probably going to beat me like a rag doll.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    As unusual as it might be, Kazuma was able to recognize it for what it was.

"Understood, sir."

He knew Seiko didn't mean to simply berate him for his wounds. That wasn't like the 11th either, after all.
    "All right then. Now, if you give the 4th division any more trouble, I will personally come here and sever the tendons in your limbs to keep you still. Do I make myself perfectly clear?" It was impossible to tell if Seiko was joking or not. "I would hate to do that, it would keep you bedridden for so much longer.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

5. - Top - End - #215

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Ehehe.... Yuuki looked at Kyasarin. I'm fine, I just can't help thinking that you're probably going to beat me like a rag doll.
    What? No! I just paid for a very hefty party/ drinkig contest bill with your personal salary.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

Sigint preemptively holds his arm out to block Kyasarin from getting any closer to Yuuki. "Not now, Kyasarin-sama."

"I wanted to report that, while you were unconscious, I took the liberty of overseeing the duties that your Corps. was assigned, as well as the others who were unavailable. Of course, I only did this when Kyasarin-sama was also unavailable as well. The paperwork should be on your desk. I tried to be as non-invasive as possible."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

7. - Top - End - #217

Karite looks left.

Then right.

Then it hits him..

"Oh no oh no oh no oh no! I can't be in the hospital for the next few months! It'll ruin all my plans! Like finding my sword! And not being in the hospital!

LET ME OUT!
    "
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    "All right then. Now, if you give the 4th division any more trouble, I will personally come here and sever the tendons in your limbs to keep you still. Do I make myself perfectly clear?" It was impossible to tell if Seiko was joking or not. "I would hate to do that, it would keep you bedridden for so much longer.
    "I would have to work by dragging myself with my teeth, sir. But if it isn't much trouble, could you sever Karite-fukutaichou's voicebox instead? His screams are giving me a headache..."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #219

You WHAT?!? Yuuki shouted, nearly losing his balance and falling again. D-define hefty for me, how much did that cost? He said, trying not to let the annoyance that bordered on anger creep into his voice. And thanks-Sigint-kun. He sighed.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

10. - Top - End - #220

Hmmm well over all I think we had about seventy five drinks. Plus the repairs to the walls.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I would have to work by dragging myself with my teeth, sir. But if it isn't much trouble, could you sever Karite-fukutaichou's voicebox instead? His screams are giving me a headache..."
    Seiko laughed at that. "I suppose that I could, but he isn't my subordinate, and it might cause some problems if I go around severing things in the middle of the 4th division. And there are so many witnesses..." Seiko said a little wistfully.

"But actually, Karite-san seems a bit louder than usual. Where is Udeoshi-taichou? Karite-san's condition seems to be worsening."
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

"Basically, Captain," Sigint started, "you might have to take a loan to pay it all."

He said all that in a completely straight man kind of way.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

"He seems particularly distraught by the loss of his sword. I can't say that I blame him. But he's in no position to go gallivanting around looking for it... I hoped there was a Bakudou for silence." Kazuma noted. "Sazan'ou is right here by my bedside, and it seems fully intent on lecturing me at length for my actions. Damned old man can't leave well enough alone, it seems."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The tapping of a staff on the floor announces...someone...is coming.

After a few moments, it's revealed as Yoshi, walking into the area holding Kazuma. He appears tired, but uninjured and at least moderately energetic.

"I'll see what I can do about that, Kazuma. Vice-Captain Seiko, a pleasure."

He gives a small bow, further emphasizing his almost "under-dressed" nature. No labcoat, no weapon belt, nothing but the normal Shinigami Seated Officer clothing that he wore, and the staff of his Zanpakutou at his side. He walks a bit closer.

"Sorry to hear you're going to be out of commission for a while. I was "lucky" in only being heavily drained; they got me up to about half my optimum, and said if I take it easy, I'll be able to get the rest on my own."

His smile falls a bit.

"Sorry I or the others didn't back you up. That whole operation turned into one giant furball of disaster. I don't blame you for not showing up, though. The few glimpses I got told me you seemed to keep attracting the attention of the "small-fry" Hollows. Which tend to be deadly in groups. Anyways, I'm just visiting a few people here and there before I leave. Good day."

He gave both Seiko and Kazuma a small bow before turning and walking away...towards Karite's bed. When he was at that section, just a couple feet from the bed, he stopped. His face was set into something of a scowl.

"How dare you talk about plans? Hachirou's still in horrible shape, they can't even properly heal him yet! Kyou's not even conscious yet, and I'm only in the "good" shape I am because I had my gear with me. We were fighting tooth and nail for our lives against that Arrancar. You were there, Vice-Captain Karite. You saw that we couldn't even retreat, because retreat would have opened one or more of us to attack.

You should know, since you stood by and did nothing while we fought for our lives!
    "

His voice raises in volume and intensity, and he slams his staff against the floor.

"You didn't need to do anything flashy, or release you shikai, to help. Just using some kido and your sword could have given us an opening to escape. Then, you could have released, and maybe even beaten that creature! Instead, you stood by, asking the the beast to calmly go off somewhere else with you so it could die. What, did you think she was an utter moron? What sort of Hollow would do that, when they had easier meals in the form of our patrol group! But no!"

He starts pacing, his eyes never leaving Karite's prone form.

"You complain about "ruined plans". About your sword not being at your side. Well, I'm sure we'll recover it. Give the 12th some time, and I wager we can find it. In fact, I'll be generous and actually helpful and start the process when I get back to 12th myself. But not until you listen to me."

He stops and points one finger at Karite.

"I hope you stay here for months. I hope Natsuko doesn't pay you anything for that whole time. Because that's still nothing compared to watching you stand there like some spectator at a sporting even while we fought for our lives. Just so you could look a little better in your fight. I say fie to that. I hope it takes us weeks to find your sword. I hope you appreciate what feeling nearly helpless feels like. Then maybe you'll show yourself worthy of being a Shinigami, let alone a Vice-Captain. I'm not sure what you had to do to get that rank, but I'm starting to doubt you earned it honestly."

With that, Yoshi turns and walks out, heading for Hachirou's room.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

15. - Top - End - #225

Karite lays coolly, unphased.

He's heard worse. He's had worse. It's hard to compare being yelled at by a seated officer to losing his sword.

"Hey, you don't have to take that from him... You're a Vice Captain aren't you? So why are you just sitting there?

Che. Weakling.
    "

Karite looks around, searching for the voice that wasn't there.

But of course, there's nobody around.

He lies back down, and closes his eyes.

"What's going on with me these past weeks...? I'm out of practice, but I nearly killed four Shinigami.

Maybe I should ask Natsuko for some lessons on how to deal with my bloody sword after I find it again...
    "
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

16. - Top - End - #226

Yuuki stared at her. Now he really was mad. Do you have any idea how stupid that was, Kyasarin?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

17. - Top - End - #227

Kido Corps
    Grounds

Iwaki strides through the grounds of the Kido Corps, taking his time as he progresses. He has been lost in thought recently, thinking about the mission several days ago. It had been his first combat mission for the Shinigami. An interesting experience. It had also been a violent and dangerous one. Iwaki had been very lucky and avoided harm, but several of the others had received injuries of varying levels of severity. He had made very brief visits to some of the others who were hospitalized, but he tended to get in the way in the Fourth Division buildings due to his size and he had avoided staying for long. It was something, though. Sighing lightly, he continues on towards his destination.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Yuuki stared at her. Now he really was mad. Do you have any idea how stupid that was, Kyasarin?
    Sigint held his hand up. "Captain, if I may, can I please ask to delay any disciplinary action towards Kyasarin-sama long enough for me to inquire about something and leave you two alone?"

((This is during the timeskip, where Karite is laying on a stretcher right now, right?))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229

Yuuki sighed. Fine, Sigint-kun, ask away.

((Yes, this is after/during the time skip.))
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-10-11 at 02:18 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

20. - Top - End - #230

Kyasarin is preparing to run.
    I can guess.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

Yuuki sighed. Fine, Sigint-kun, ask away.

((Yes, this is after/during the time skip.))
    Sigint glanced at Kyasarin, then looked at Yuuki. "I was wondering how we should react to the incident with the Joint-Patrol that went out to the mortal realm three days ago."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232

Yuuki already has his suspicions on where this is going. And what are you proposing that we do?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

23. - Top - End - #233

Kyasarin sighs, and sits down, knowing she should hear this too.

Also, Inyu, go ahead and start the plot Noe. The Chris one.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma barely got the chance to collect his thoughts as Yoshi presented himself. He was about to reply and say that he couldn't blame Yoshi or any of the others for not coming to his aid, considering the monster they were up against.

Perhaps more shocking to the 11th divisioner was to find out that there were a number of people demonstrating actual concern for him. Alysha, Yoshi, Seiko, Nasumi... They all showed they were worried to see that he had injured himself, despite it merely being the nature of his duty to fight. It was a very unusual feeling for him.

I shouldn't worry everybody like this. I guess I'm going to have to take it easy with my training for a couple of days...

He couldn't rationalize why so many different people were worried. Alysha was in the 4th, it was at the very least her duty to worry about the health of other Shinigami. Seiko had to make sure his subordinates wouldn't go gung-ho and get themselves killed.

But neither Yoshi nor Nasumi had any particular reason for caring, duty-wise. Well, maybe Nasumi, she probably wouldn't want to have to place flowers on a new grave. But even so.

Camarederie. What a strange concept.

That's when he heard Karite getting another dressing-down, this time from a companion who WAS there. Despite not having been in their shoes, Kazuma would have a few choice words for that behavior. But he wouldn't say them. It seemed punishment enough that all others were taking the time to address the Vice-Captain's behavior.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

Yuuki already has his suspicions on where this is going. And what are you proposing that we do?
    Sigint shakes his head. "I'm...not sure. This incident...brought back the warnings Taganjuu gave me around the same time the patrol left. I can't ignore it. I think this is a metaphorical warning shot. The next one might not be so easily mended."

"As for action, I was hoping you could tell me what needs to be done. But, I am inclined to suggest using this as a foundation for reinforcing our defenses."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236

Yuuki sighed. Sigint, I am well aware that the patrol engaged in combat with arrancar. And I know that the arrancar, or at least one of them, was quite strong. I know you've got only the best in mind, but don't be too eager. I'll make sure to bring the issue of defence up at the next captain's meeting, and see what the CG and the others have to say about it. And if we do end up moving into a position where we need to take action of some kind, I'll make sure you get your fair share of it. Sound like a fair trade?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

Yuuki sighed. Sigint, I am well aware that the patrol engaged in combat with arrancar. And I know that the arrancar, or at least one of them, was quite strong. I know you've got only the best in mind, but don't be too eager. I'll make sure to bring the issue of defence up at the next captain's meeting, and see what the CG and the others have to say about it. And if we do end up moving into a position where we need to take action of some kind, I'll make sure you get your fair share of it. Sound like a fair trade?
    Sigint looks down. "My concern isn't that I am a part of this so much as it is that we are safe. I don't want us to have an enemy we can't fight back. However, if you feel I am adequately prepared for the job, I will be honored if you do decide to have me participate." Sigint sounds sincere. In fact, he truly is. "...Captain...is it right of me to be worried about Karite-fukutaichou's actions and how it applies to the situation?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238

Well, if he's really been acting as strangely as everyone says, then yes, you have every right to be suspicious. But he isn't our enemy. Not in the slightest. If he starts acting up, you've got my full permission to monitor him, though. Same goes for you, Kyasarin. Yuuki told her without giving her so much as a glance.
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-10-11 at 02:17 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Well, if he's really been acting as strangely as everyone says, then yes, you have every right to be suspicious. But he isn't our enemy. Not in the slightest. If he starts acting up, you've got my full permission to monitor him, though. Same goes for you, Kyasarin. Yuuki told her without giving her so much as a glance.
    Sigint bows, apparantly satisfied. "Very well. That is all for now. Thank you for listening, Captain. I shall see you later, then." He then turns and bows to Kyasarin. "Kyasarin-sama." He then walks out, and closes the door behind him, going about his duties as usual.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240

Yuuki waved to him. Later, Sigint-kun. He then turns to Kyasarin. Well, have you given it some thought?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!