New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 13

I don't recall the specifics, it's been a while since I read his entry. But his main trick was extreme range and accuracy, right?

In my dark forest analogy, he'd be someone with extreme light sensitivity or innate nightvision; his ability still falls under ordinary Reiatsu sense, and has the same pitfalls. His just happens to be very good.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Uhm. Why does that matter? At all?
    I think Riccaru means the implication that the Fraccion is somehow stronger then others merely by being the Segunda's Fraccion is an odd implication. I have to agree, the Fraccion aren't sent to specific Espada because of their strength, they are picked by the Espada. Heck, Mongoose's Fraccion for Genoveva was...rather weak. Just good at running away. Which is why the implication the Edward's fraccion would be stronger then...say...Vincenzio's is a bit off-putting.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #303
    Pixie in the Playground

thanks!

I did have something in there about him being able to specify individuals by their unique reiatsu depending on distance from him, Hirokatsu's concentration level and Hirokatsu's affinity with them.

Is that fine?

Thanks for taking the time. My signature has the link to my character if you want to read what i wrote (it is under "general skills" and then "Reiryoku")

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I don't recall the specifics, it's been a while since I read his entry. But his main trick was extreme range and accuracy, right?

In my dark forest analogy, he'd be someone with extreme light sensitivity or innate nightvision; his ability still falls under ordinary Reiatsu sense, and has the same pitfalls. His just happens to be very good.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I think Riccaru means the implication that the Fraccion is somehow stronger then others merely by being the Segunda's Fraccion is an odd implication. I have to agree, the Fraccion aren't sent to specific Espada because of their strength, they are picked by the Espada. Heck, Mongoose's Fraccion for Genoveva was...rather weak. Just good at running away. Which is why the implication the Edward's fraccion would be stronger then...say...Vincenzio's is a bit off-putting.
    True. However, it's not hard for a character to be under the misconception that such a correlation exists. So lets chalk it up to Caiphus's ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    thanks!

I did have something in there about him being able to specify individuals by their unique reiatsu depending on distance from him, Hirokatsu's concentration level and Hirokatsu's affinity with them.
    Don't worry, that's a common ability. Anyone can recognize Reiatsu of a familiar person, or spot an unknown one. At least, unless something drastic happens to said person (Ichigo's successive transformations all caused his signature to change, for example.)
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

True. However, it's not hard for a character to be under the misconception that such a correlation exists. So lets chalk it up to Caiphus's ignorance.
    Perhaps more accurately, no matter how scary Genoveva is, the Espada aren't supposed to be that different in strength from one number to the next. Given that each Espada is supposed to have absolute authority over their fraccion, Genoveva's attack could be seen more or less as a challenge to Edward's sovereignity and strength, which in theory doesn't make sense because she's above him in rank already.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

She's above him in power. Their rank is the same, Espada. And all are equal beneath Von Geister.

I mean, it is like saying Yuuki (2nd division capitain) is Kazuo's (12 division captain) superior. If Yuuki ever tried to give Kazuo an order, he would find his ass done medium-rare by plasma beams faster than our best speedsters could notice.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-11-05 at 11:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #307
    Pixie in the Playground

Wow, I didn't mean for all that with Caiphus' offhand comment. What I was basing that on was a comment by KD a while back, with Vicente's and Sereg's fight, where he mentioned that while Sereg was an Espada, Vicente was the Fraccion of the Espada three ranks above him, and could probably therefore at least give him a good fight.

Also, I was under the impression that, unlike captains, the rank of an Espada did in fact have a direct correlation to their power level. Now, this was a rule in canon that may or may not have been changed for this RP, but I distinctly remember a point in the Nel/Nnoitra fight where he mentioned that her rank was now pointless, even though it used to mean that she was stronger than he was. Now, if this has been changed, then Caiphus' statement was in fact pointless, but I wasn't aware of that.

Of course, even if the power difference was true, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, because Lalita was fighting the Primera anyway.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground

Don't worry, that's a common ability. Anyone can recognize Reiatsu of a familiar person, or spot an unknown one. At least, unless something drastic happens to said person (Ichigo's successive transformations all caused his signature to change, for example.)
    Sweet...so its the distance and accuracy really that is what makes it slightly more unique...thanks for breaking it down!

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Perhaps more accurately, no matter how scary Genoveva is, the Espada aren't supposed to be that different in strength from one number to the next.
    "Says you."

Given that each Espada is supposed to have absolute authority over their fraccion, Genoveva's attack could be seen more or less as a challenge to Edward's sovereignity and strength, which in theory doesn't make sense because she's above him in rank already.
    "Ah didn't attack! Da little blighter 'ttacked mah!"

@Kayne: Yeah, I noticed that as well and it's why I brought it up since it cropped up again.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #310
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    She's above him in power. Their rank is the same, Espada. And all are equal beneath Von Geister.

I mean, it is like saying Yuuki (2nd division capitain) is Kazuo's (12 division captain) superior. If Yuuki ever tried to give Kazuo an order, he would find his ass done medium-rare by plasma beams faster than our best speedsters could notice.
    Hey.

You're forgetting how fast Yuuki is.

My guess is that they would be about evenly matched. *glares*

NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Wow, I didn't mean for all that with Caiphus' offhand comment. What I was basing that on was a comment by KD a while back, with Vicente's and Sereg's fight, where he mentioned that while Sereg was an Espada, Vicente was the Fraccion of the Espada three ranks above him, and could probably therefore at least give him a good fight.

Also, I was under the impression that, unlike captains, the rank of an Espada did in fact have a direct correlation to their power level. Now, this was a rule in canon that may or may not have been changed for this RP, but I distinctly remember a point in the Nel/Nnoitra fight where he mentioned that her rank was now pointless, even though it used to mean that she was stronger than he was. Now, if this has been changed, then Caiphus' statement was in fact pointless, but I wasn't aware of that.

Of course, even if the power difference was true, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, because Lalita was fighting the Primera anyway.
    Ahem. Small detail that I have adressed a few posts ago but I will reiterate.

The number of an espada is, in fact, a demonstrative of their power in relation to the others. With the lower numbers being stronger than the higher numbers.

BUT. Their rank is all the same. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are all Espada. 1 has no inherent authority over 2, who has no inherent authority over 3, who has no inherent authority over 4, and so on. In this, they are equal. They only need to accept orders from Von Geister.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #312
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, that's what I thought. What I was addressing wasn't a difference in rank; it was just the difference in power. And also, I think that it would make some sense for, on average, Fraccion of a higher-ranked Espada to be stronger than those of lower-ranked Espada, simply due to higher standards; Espada higher up want Fraccion who will reflect their strength, and a weak Fraccion would reflect poorly on their Espada.

Now, this is obviously not always true, but it seems like a good general rule to me. However, as I am not playing an Espada, I don't really have much say.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Technically fraccion don't even need to be stronger than numeros, they just have to curry the favor of an espada to be chosen, no questions asked. Can be as simple as a mere matter of favoritism or closeness.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

So Fraccion have a higher rank than Numeros, but do not necessarily have a higher power level than them?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

15. - Top - End - #315
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Technically fraccion don't even need to be stronger than numeros, they just have to curry the favor of an espada to be chosen, no questions asked. Can be as simple as a mere matter of favoritism or closeness.
    They also tend to have specialties that fulfill their specific Espada's needs or preferences. Vicente is inventive, which is a quality his Espada certainly appreciates. Ruwa and Ivaz have big boobs.

,,,I guess Serazel's kinda the exception that proves the rule, even though his head WAS temporarily converted into a boob-seeking missile.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

They also tend to have specialties that fulfill their specific Espada's needs or preferences. Vicente is inventive, which is a quality his Espada certainly appreciates. Ruwa and Ivaz have big boobs.

,,,I guess Serazel's kinda the exception that proves the rule, even though his head WAS temporarily converted into a boob-seeking missile.
    Makes you wonder what Genoveva's requirements are, considering Anita and Tildiz were nothing alike.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Makes you wonder what Genoveva's requirements are, considering Anita and Tildiz were nothing alike.
    To a point. Then again, Genoveva seems...erratic.

Whereas Edward....yeah, never mind. Not going there.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

18. - Top - End - #318
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    To a point. Then again, Genoveva seems...erratic.

You mean batcrap insane?

Heh, she'd have a field day fighting Kazuma, if it ever happened...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

You just did.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    You just did.
    Not like I could have. Though Kuroi summed it up nicely.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

You mean batcrap insane?

Heh, she'd have a field day fighting Kazuma, if it ever happened...
    "Ah'm not loco, ya just can't see de bigger picture....

And don't call me crazy.
    "

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Ah'm not loco, ya just can't see de bigger picture....

And don't call me crazy.
    "
    "You're a crazy not-quite-woman with a flat chest. Your accent isn't intimidating, and everyone is too afraid to ask "how the heck do you dress right in the morning with your eyes closed?", because they're afraid you will, in fact, act crazy towards them."

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

"You're a crazy not-quite-woman with a flat chest. Your accent isn't intimidating, and everyone is too afraid to ask "how the heck do you dress right in the morning with your eyes closed?", because they're afraid you will, in fact, act crazy towards them."

"If ya hated yer family so much, why not just sen' a card? Why go an nettle me?"

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"If ya hated yer family so much, why not just sen' a card? Why go an nettle me?"
    "You'd be surprised at how resourceful some of the Nakamuras are. And at how fast I can get someplace, when I really want to."

25. - Top - End - #325

She is quite crazy, I would say, and he, well, is not high, drunk or anything. He is being Edward. Now can we please resolve this and go home?

NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

"Not before I get her to go on a date with me."

The Rouga has spoken.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327

I think this could be the start of a nice little world war between Edward and Rouga.
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-11-06 at 01:04 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

28. - Top - End - #328
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    I think this could be the start of a nice little world war between Edward and Rouga.
    "Nice" and "little" are words that should never be used in combination with "world war."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

29. - Top - End - #329

I'm not referring to the actual world wars, which were anything but nice and little. See my great-grandfather on that one.

...and it was a joke.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

30. - Top - End - #330
    Bugbear in the Playground

My answer was not meant seriously. I didn't think that you were referring to the actual world wars.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.