New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Gunnerkrigg Court 3: Mystery Solved!

OK, how could Annie possibly think startling a massively powerful being would be a good idea? And why, seeing Coyote apparently asleep, would she not immediately suspect a trick?

Still, it's NICE to see Annie this relaxed and fun-loving.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry, but Coyote is just crazy awesome. I love him.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    OK, how could Annie possibly think startling a massively powerful being would be a good idea? And why, seeing Coyote apparently asleep, would she not immediately suspect a trick?

Still, it's NICE to see Annie this relaxed and fun-loving.
    I agree that it's nice to see her relaxed. As to what she could possibly have been thinking, I got nothin'. He IS the forest, in every relevant way. There's no chance you can sneak up on a god, least of all a trickster. If she had managed it, I can't imagine there'd be much left of her. Sneak up on a person like that and get a punch in the face. Sneak up on Coyote? I don't even want to know what he's capable of.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    I agree that it's nice to see her relaxed. As to what she could possibly have been thinking, I got nothin'. He IS the forest, in every relevant way. There's no chance you can sneak up on a god, least of all a trickster. If she had managed it, I can't imagine there'd be much left of her. Sneak up on a person like that and get a punch in the face. Sneak up on Coyote? I don't even want to know what he's capable of.
    It's Coyote. Successfully sneak up on him, and he'll laugh it off and congratulate you on a job well done; while sneakily pulling a bigger prank on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

Ah yes, the old fake-Coyote-tongue trick. Gets 'em every time.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Hey, gods can sleep. Sure, most of them tend to do it on the bottom of the ocean and then cause madness and stuff. But it can happen. That is where the expression "let the sleeping gods lie" came from, ain't it?

And, there were two likely outcome of this. One is that he would be mightily amused and two is that he would be amused and try to one-up you. Guess which Coyote chose.

I agree with people, though. Annie is usually reserved, sometimes to the point of being repressed. It is nice to see her kick off her shoes and boo.

7. - Top - End - #97

I find it kind of hilarious that Coyote pulls Annie from the Court at a moments notice when she's already on thin ice so that he can be told stories about himself.

Time tells whether she indulges him or if she calls him out. Could be interesting what his reaction would be in either case.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

What I'm curious about here are Coyote's true motives. I don't for one second believe that he would pull Annie out of class for the sole purpose of hearing her tell stories.

That is to say, I accept that he would pull her out of class to hear her tell stories, I just don't accept that that's the only reason.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

1) Coyote is a massive troll. See also: "how's that for an enigmatic answer?"
    2) Coyote is vain, as well as being a massive troll. See also: his performance when Annie met him the first time.
    3) Coyote is very interested in what Annie thinks of him and of his forest. (Let's be honest, it is his forest) See also: how quickly he agreed to let stay the summer.

Pulling Annie out of class to hear her tell stories about himself satisfies all three of these. Agreed in that this is merely a prelude to something much greater, possibly regarding that tooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Don't trust him, Annie. He's Coyote; he's up to something...

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    What I'm curious about here are Coyote's true motives. I don't for one second believe that he would pull Annie out of class for the sole purpose of hearing her tell stories.
    He dosn't care about the Court. It's not like he has her class schedule, or any idea what she does over in the Court, and even if he did, he probably wouldn't think it's that important. He probably thinks he's doing Annie a favor by pulling her out of some stuffy classroom to come play in the woods with her BEST BUD EVER!
    Or he just think's it's hilarious. Either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

I love panels 1&2. He sees her long hair, decides it would be hilarious to tug on it and annoy her further and then proceeds to do exactly that because he has no impulse control and he likes it when she brushes him off like in panel 3.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Woops. Coyote will only accept so much sass it seems.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Coyote promised no harm would come to her while she's in his domain, and he's not the sort to break promises. She'll be fine.

If maybe a little emotionally traumatized.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

One wonders what Coyote defines as "Harm".
    On a quest to marry Asmodeus, lord of the Nine Hells, or die trying.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Oh sure, defy and sass Coyote, then flick his nose. THAT will go over well.

Although if Annie stands her ground and doesn't budge, it probably will.

Coyote's nose is REALLY flexible... And I loved Ysegrin's "OH SHI-" reaction in the background.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Coyote may act foolish, but he's no fool. Although I'm expecting this to be a bluff. Or a reminder that he DOES have godlike powers.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by marnath
    Quote Originally Posted by kriselia
    Annie probably should've noticed the point where Coyote stopped smiling. He does seem to be serious here...
    Panel 3, with Coyote's surprised expression, seems to be the moment she actually crossed some line from amusingly defiant to actually pissing him off.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. Annie is too comfortable with his fun loving, harmless prankster side. She seems to have forgotten that he is also a reality-sundering eldritch abomination powerful enough to spread her atoms across the cosmos with a backhanded slap.

I don't know whats coming, but with such a reaction from Ysengrin of all people it's going to be bad, so bad.
    Reposted from the GKC forums, it summarizes the reaction to this update perfectly. There's a couple posters who think that next page Coyote will go back to normal after a brief flash of rage, but I think that's not too likely considering Ysengrin's reaction.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Reposted from the GKC forums, it summarizes the reaction to this update perfectly. There's a couple posters who think that next page Coyote will go back to normal after a brief flash of rage, but I think that's not too likely considering Ysengrin's reaction.
    Last time Annie smacked Coyote, Ysengrin reacted even worse (attacked her) but Coyote didn't really seem to mind.
    Also, Coyote did have a connection of respect with Annie's mother, and to Annie herself, even if it's more amused curiosity than respect.
    And of course, Annie is Annie, who is able to have a better reaction from any forest creature so far.

On the other hand, Coyote is Coyote, and therefore, nearly impossible to predict.
    Last time when he wasn't angry, he placed a curse threatening to cut off Annie's hand if she reveals something, so what will he do to someone who openly and directly refused his simple request of a story?
    Will he remember in time that she is a child acting like a child?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Can someone who isn't colorblind confirm a small detail for me? It looks to me like in panel 5 Coyote's eye has gone red, but I can't swear to it.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Banned

The more I forget to read this comic and then just randomly read the newest strip the more confused I get.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground

Can someone who isn't colorblind confirm a small detail for me? It looks to me like in panel 5 Coyote's eye has gone red, but I can't swear to it.
    It was red outlined in previous panels and strips as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yes, it's all red. You're not wondering about the red circle outline around it right?

Last panel also has red-spiral eyes.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

GC has been a bit too cutesy with the nature spirits the past while.

I hope its followed up on with more anger and not just LOL JK.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    The more I forget to read this comic and then just randomly read the newest strip the more confused I get.
    Coyote summoned Annie to the Forest to bring him up to date on his reality TV shows, since the reception there is terrible and he can't keep up. He doesn't want Ysegrin to tell him these things - even though Yse gets excellent reception through his tree armor - because Ysegrin thinks all TV shows are nonsense and says so even when Coyote makes him watch them and report. Unfortunately Annie is not impressed by Coyote's addiction and wants to go play with the other children. Coyote gets uppitty. But what he doesn't know is that Annie has gained the power to enslave beings, even gods, by tweaking their nose. Ysegrin knows this but hasn't had time to pass it on to Coyote, so when he sees Annie's 'TWEAK" he panics. In the final panel Coyote is reacting to Annie's impertinence, not realizing he's seconds away from Annie borrowing a page from InuYasha and shouting "SIT!!"

Or something like that.

Hope this helps...

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Coyote summoned Annie to the Forest to bring him up to date on his reality TV shows, since the reception there is terrible and he can't keep up. He doesn't want Ysegrin to tell him these things - even though Yse gets excellent reception through his tree armor - because Ysegrin thinks all TV shows are nonsense and says so even when Coyote makes him watch them and report. Unfortunately Annie is not impressed by Coyote's addiction and wants to go play with the other children. Coyote gets uppitty. But what he doesn't know is that Annie has gained the power to enslave beings, even gods, by tweaking their nose. Ysegrin knows this but hasn't had time to pass it on to Coyote, so when he sees Annie's 'TWEAK" he panics. In the final panel Coyote is reacting to Annie's impertinence, not realizing he's seconds away from Annie borrowing a page from InuYasha and shouting "SIT!!"

Or something like that.

Hope this helps...
    You win an internet.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Coyote, you are a derp!!!

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

OMG! Coyote fights DIRTY!

I bet that's going to work...

And the sweatdrop suggests Annie wasn't as unmoved by Coyote's display as she seemed.

29. - Top - End - #119

The Great and Powerful Coyote, ladies and gentlemen.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Now that's just sad. Tell him a story Annie, he's so pitiful looking.