New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Vicious Betrayals

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Voimond - Name Dropping

"I am Voimond. I would apologize for the aggressions of my fellow gods, but that assumes I and they are beholden to each other. Still, it is useful to have allies among the gods. May I call you such a one?"
    Being a god, Gaurons physical wounds rapidly healed. His external body didn't regenerate however, so he still seemed little more than a large maggot at Voimonds feet.
    "Allies..." he mused. What a peculiar concept.
    Then, still not facing the shining one directly, he asked more concrete questions.
    "They came to me, accused me of 'stricking nature' and together assaulted home and my newborn form for the crime of not having one before. Tell me, who are they and why did they attack me?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Q'telun View Post
    The angel turned and left the spire, winging her way across the void and around the moon. She sees two gods, one seems rather beaten up, and decides to land. "Hello Voimond, and hello Gauron. You seem rather worse for the wear."
    "And who is that?" He lastly asked, nonchalantly pointing at the newest arrivor.
    Thanks to zimmerwald1915 for giving me the random on-the-fly pic he made as an Avatar. You're awsome zimmerwald1915!

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zethex View Post
    Being a god, Gaurons physical wounds rapidly healed. His external body didn't regenerate however, so he still seemed little more than a large maggot at Voimonds feet.
    "Allies..." he mused. What a peculiar concept.
    Then, still not facing the shining one directly, he asked more concrete questions.
    "They came to me, accused me of 'stricking nature' and together assaulted home and my newborn form for the crime of not having one before. Tell me, who are they and why did they attack me?"
    "And who is that?" He lastly asked, nonchalantly pointing at the newest arrivor.
    Voimond - Explanations

"They are other gods. Ones who feel that things must be a certain way, and any god who is not tightly conformed to their certain view are to be forcibly beaten into submission. The ironic thing is that each of them has a different view on why they assaulted you, and most of them would not agree with each others' reasoning. Your crime was to be born, for apparently when you were born, you shook the planet slightly and this terribly upset those gods because some of their mortal creations were inconvenienced by this. Or they are under the mistaken impression that any change to the current order is bad, and you shaking things up was change. Each had their own reason. And I must say, they were incredibly brave about things when there were what? Four of them against one of you? Mighty, brave gods those. Fearless warriors who fight only worthy opponents in honorable combat with fair odds."

the sarcasm in Voimond's voice on the last part was not concealed in any fashion.

"As for this other visitor, she is a... niece of mine. She thinks she knows things that haven't happened yet. Sometimes she's right."
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-04-09 at 06:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can answer for myself uncle, thank you very much. I am The Lonely Angel. And you are?"
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"People are more likely to respond well to something that looks at least vaguely like them than they are something like the Hunters. As for why Onari instead of one of the other humanoids, it's partly because we were made specifically to deal with you, and thus we were created to bear as close a resemblance as we could, and partly because the Mistformed is one of Akna's daughters, and was therefor more familiar with your form than those created by other deities."
    I question your conclusions on appearances... Still, I will take a representative to meet with our Queen Mother, if that is your wish. The rest must stay outside of the city, though any needs of yours will be tended.

High Onari Court - First Contact: Kinda

The servant shifts before the queen's very eyes into a male igni, a female majestic kobold, and then into a bear. If the queen mother is good at identifying bear genders, this is a female bear.

"My people, great mother, for the wrong of spying upon you." The bear genuflects.
    The Queen Mother does not seem shocked, a coy smile peeking out around one corner of her lips.

I know all my daughters, and I knew at first glance that you were not among their number. I knew not who or what you were, but you seemed harmless enough and were allowed to stay as we gathered information about you. Now that yo have revealed yourself, I expect a full accounting from you.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Sephyrdiam, though hesitant at first, walks over and approaches the Goddess, resting a hand on her shoulder.

"Mother Goddess... ...yes, it was stupid."

Not knowing what to say, and rather new to the business of consolation, Sephyrdiam at the very least stayed by her side as she grieved, in what attempt the God could to relieve her pain.
    Akna recoils slightly at the touch but merely weeps for now, grieving the death of her friend.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    Tharin smiles slightly, holding a hand out to help the other god to their feet.

"That makes sense, at least. Though if that happens to you every time a new god appears? That can't be all that pleasant... And this role needs to have some advantages, being a god of peace is not helpful for those planning to keep their sanity. You said before that your mother was an ally of her's?"
    He points towards the Oculus with a sigh.
    Well, they're in the Void, so there really isn't an objective down for her to have fallen, and thus helping her to her feet could be a bit difficult. She could be pulled into having the same subjective orientation as Tharin, but she's just as likely to try to pull him to have the same one as her, since he's the one who's laying down from her perspective.

"Not every time a new god appears, no..."
    , she explains, stretching. "But the changes from this one were quite unpleasant, and I happened to be open to and looking for changes, as well as staring off in the direction the change-storm came from.

And yes, my mother was an ally of Yiasial. Why?"

-----------

[Nayleth and Onari]

"That is indeed our intention. If only one representative is allowed, I'll go. Otherwise, both of us will," Vsal replies, shrugging. "As for our needs, we ask permission for the rest of our group to hunt during our stay here."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-04-09 at 03:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nayleth and Onari]

"That is indeed our intention. If only one representative is allowed, I'll go. Otherwise, both of us will," Vsal replies, shrugging. "As for our needs, we ask permission for the rest of our group to hunt during our stay here."
    Since we are unfamiliar with your race's capabilities, we'll limit it to just one for now. The rest may hunt, provided they do not hunt sapient creatures or those marked with a green collar or the great banths which roam the forests.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

"I can answer for myself uncle, thank you very much. I am The Lonely Angel. And you are?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think you misread my post. your introduction was not sarcastic. Sorry. The last part of the big paragraph was the sarcastic part. Yours was not meant to be insulting, just factual.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    The Queen Mother does not seem shocked, a coy smile peeking out around one corner of her lips.

I know all my daughters, and I knew at first glance that you were not among their number. I knew not who or what you were, but you seemed harmless enough and were allowed to stay as we gathered information about you. Now that yo have revealed yourself, I expect a full accounting from you.
    "Of course, Queen mother." The shapeshifter takes once again the form it walked in as. "I am the head diplomat from the lycanthrope, the children of Voimond. We have used this form to enter your society and observe, as well as those of several animals. When it was decided that we should make formal contact with your people, I was chosen to take over this form from the one who had been using it to learn of the role of lesser females in your society. The spymaster was... less than helpful in preparing me for these diplomatic matters, and thus I observed for a time before approaching. I learned enough to know that my people have committed a slight against yours with our espionage, and the first thing I do is come before you to apologize on behalf of my race."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course, Queen mother." The shapeshifter takes once again the form it walked in as. "I am the head diplomat from the lycanthrope, the children of Voimond. We have used this form to enter your society and observe, as well as those of several animals. When it was decided that we should make formal contact with your people, I was chosen to take over this form from the one who had been using it to learn of the role of lesser females in your society. The spymaster was... less than helpful in preparing me for these diplomatic matters, and thus I observed for a time before approaching. I learned enough to know that my people have committed a slight against yours with our espionage, and the first thing I do is come before you to apologize on behalf of my race."
    As she is speaking, a male Onari with sandy brown skin with deep set wrinkles, giving him the appearance of dry, cracked soil, steps out from where he was hidden behind one of the columns.

Tread carefully highness. It asks forgiveness now, but what secrets have they stolen from us? What knowledge have they taken? Perhaps they have even slain your daughters and replaced them with their own. Do not trust one such as this.

The Queen Mother nods solemnly for a moment, thinking.

Aridai makes valid points. I had no considered your kind dangerous, but how do I know that for certain? What proof can I have?

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

Since we are unfamiliar with your race's capabilities, we'll limit it to just one for now. The rest may hunt, provided they do not hunt sapient creatures or those marked with a green collar or the great banths which roam the forests.
    Vsal nods, though she also looks a bit confused.

"Your terms are quite reasonable, even if my sister and the Siphons will find them annoying, but... What are Banths? We're familiar with few other races save the Karish, and, to some extent, your own, and I'm afraid that's not one of them, unless it's an alternate name."

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

Vsal nods, though she also looks a bit confused.

"Your terms are quite reasonable, even if my sister and the Siphons will find them annoying, but... What are Banths? We're familiar with few other races save the Karish, and, to some extent, your own, and I'm afraid that's not one of them, unless it's an alternate name."
    You can't miss the banths. They're the giant cats that will be hunting you. There's a good reason we require people to take the road.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

You can't miss the banths. They're the giant cats that will be hunting you. There's a good reason we require people to take the road.
    Vsal grins, somewhat ferally, seeming pleased with the Onari's answer for some reason.

"I see. I'm sure they'll enjoy the challenge if one does decide to hunt them. Or maybe the possibilities for altering them; it depends on who gets there first.

In any case, that should be everything, I believe, so if you're ready..."

12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground

As she is speaking, a male Onari with sandy brown skin with deep set wrinkles, giving him the appearance of dry, cracked soil, steps out from where he was hidden behind one of the columns.

Tread carefully highness. It asks forgiveness now, but what secrets have they stolen from us? What knowledge have they taken? Perhaps they have even slain your daughters and replaced them with their own. Do not trust one such as this.

The Queen Mother nods solemnly for a moment, thinking.

Aridai makes valid points. I had no considered your kind dangerous, but how do I know that for certain? What proof can I have?
    "We know much about your people, your history, traditions, technology, religion, and social structure. The servant you see before yourself is the highest ranked infiltration we have undertaken. The very thought of slaying another and taking their place is blasphemy. If I were not diplomatically trained, the very suggestion would have been offensive. No, the vast majority of our kind assume animal forms. You are far more likely to have a roach, rat, or butterfly be one of us in disguise than you are to have a humanoid spy in your midst. I do not know how you think I could offer you proof that I am not merely a profoundly good liar, especially since I am a professed diplomat and deception to ease relations is one of the skills I have specifically developed. If we have come across some sort of secret you do not wish disclosed to the general world, rest assured that we do not disclose anything we learn with anyone. Furthermore, I am not aware of anything your people have that would be considered a secret. If we know something you'd prefer we didn't, we don't know that it is so important."

"As for our people being dangerous..." The girl assumes the form of a banth, albeit a young one. Just large enough to fill the throne room for a moment before shifting back. "We are dangerous enemies and powerful allies, yes. If you wish some reassurances that we mean you no harm, name them and I shall provide it if it is within my power. If not, I shall send word back to the clan councils and they shall send someone who can."

13. - Top - End - #883
    Dwarf in the Playground

Didn't she just greet me with my name? Strange... Not deeming it necesary to bother answering the question, or even just to greet the strange deity back, Gauron ignored her. There were more important matters to attend.
    Voimond - Explanations
    "So they chose to punish one of their own kin because the glorious event of a gods birth upset the miserable lives of some inferior mortals, undeserving even of being base subjects. I understand.
    Heh, maybe I too should create some mortals if they are deemed so important."

Each of Gaurons words dripped with contempt and the last sentence sounded like no more than a crude joke.
    Then the worm seemed almost sad as he continued.
    "If this is the state of the world I am afraid that I must swiftly recover" and prepare. "Thus I must ask you to leave me for now."
    Hmm, having such a powerful one defend me sure is useful even though his nature may be uncomforting. Maybe establishig "allies" would be a good idea. "But you are welcome to explore my realms and to visit me at a later time whenever you wish" he therefore quickly added.
    Then he turned to Voimonds niece and respectfully bowed. "My name is Gauron and I am sorry for having to bid you to leave so soon, Angel. You too may come back at a different time." Truly, what one says does not need to have anything in common with what one feels. Good.
    Thanks to zimmerwald1915 for giving me the random on-the-fly pic he made as an Avatar. You're awsome zimmerwald1915!

14. - Top - End - #884
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zethex View Post
    Didn't she just greet me with my name? Strange... Not deeming it necesary to bother answering the question, or even just to greet the strange deity back, Gauron ignored her. There were more important matters to attend.

"So they chose to punish one of their own kin because the glorious event of a gods birth upset the miserable lives of some inferior mortals, undeserving even of being base subjects. I understand.
    Heh, maybe I too should create some mortals if they are deemed so important."

Each of Gaurons words dripped with contempt and the last sentence sounded like no more than a crude joke.
    Then the worm seemed almost sad as he continued.
    "If this is the state of the world I am afraid that I must swiftly recover" and prepare. "Thus I must ask you to leave me for now."
    Hmm, having such a powerful one defend me sure is useful even though his nature may be uncomforting. Maybe establishig "allies" would be a good idea. "But you are welcome to explore my realms and to visit me at a later time whenever you wish" he therefore quickly added.
    Then he turned to Voimonds niece and respectfully bowed. "My name is Gauron and I am sorry for having to bid you to leave so soon, Angel. You too may come back at a different time." Truly, what one says does not need to have anything in common with what one feels. Good.
    Voimond - Departure

Voimond bows to the new god and departs.

On Geminus, Voimond finds his sibling and confers with him, using his sibling's cloak of concealment to hide their words from others.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

Voimond would find Nysv as the god of Shadows closes the vault were it keeps its copy of its contracts within the Spire of Blood Contracts. "Ah... welcome back Sibling. How went the fight with that target that I assassinated? Unfortunately I have so much work to do, that I could not stay to watch the result."
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

"It was a pleasure meeting you Gauron. Do try to look after yourself, gods can die." With that the Angel resumes her flight through the void.
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, they're in the Void, so there really isn't an objective down for her to have fallen, and thus helping her to her feet could be a bit difficult. She could be pulled into having the same subjective orientation as Tharin, but she's just as likely to try to pull him to have the same one as her, since he's the one who's laying down from her perspective.

"Not every time a new god appears, no..."
    , she explains, stretching. "But the changes from this one were quite unpleasant, and I happened to be open to and looking for changes, as well as staring off in the direction the change-storm came from.

And yes, my mother was an ally of Yiasial. Why?"
    The intention was for her to be pulled into the same subjective orientation that he was in, though so long as they're orientated in the same way by the end of it, it does not matter all that much.
    "It could be worse, then. Though it still does not seem particularly pleasant. Thankfully no major conflicts have occured amongst the gods, or I would not be doing all that well. And... I was listening to her, before she was gone. Much of what she said I agreed with, and I was wondering if your mother had similar views."

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    The intention was for her to be pulled into the same subjective orientation that he was in, though so long as they're orientated in the same way by the end of it, it does not matter all that much.
    "It could be worse, then. Though it still does not seem particularly pleasant. Thankfully no major conflicts have occured amongst the gods, or I would not be doing all that well. And... I was listening to her, before she was gone. Much of what she said I agreed with, and I was wondering if your mother had similar views."

"I never said it was pleasant,"
    the Changeling Queen points out, shrugging, and grinning at him. "As for my mother's views, we haven't talked all that much. Why not just ask her when she gets over it? Or Angel, if you don't mind a bit of temporal convolution. Gazardiel might work too, but I've never really met him, so I'm not sure. They've both known her longer than I have."

19. - Top - End - #889
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I never said it was pleasant,"
    the Changeling Queen points out, shrugging, and grinning at him. "As for my mother's views, we haven't talked all that much. Why not just ask her when she gets over it? Or Angel, if you don't mind a bit of temporal convolution. Gazardiel might work too, but I've never really met him, so I'm not sure. They've both known her longer than I have."
    "You didn't seem to be doing too well, so I thought that I'd check on you first. If you are back to normal now, then I will go and see if I can find her. How many siblings do you have?" He asks with curiousity, smiling.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Nysv, the Moon

Voimond would find Nysv as the god of Shadows closes the vault were it keeps its copy of its contracts within the Spire of Blood Contracts. "Ah... welcome back Sibling. How went the fight with that target that I assassinated? Unfortunately I have so much work to do, that I could not stay to watch the result."
    "I hope you found your encounter there... as profitable as I indicated."

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Nysv, the Moon

"I hope you found your encounter there... as profitable as I indicated. Your client's side won the conflict, and the war god actually bothered to fight. It was interesting to see his technique. I was not punished for my aid, and I believe that I have managed to work the new godling as a tool I can call upon to do as is in its nature when I request. I found the encounter to be quite profitable."

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

Vsal grins, somewhat ferally, seeming pleased with the Onari's answer for some reason.

"I see. I'm sure they'll enjoy the challenge if one does decide to hunt them. Or maybe the possibilities for altering them; it depends on who gets there first.

In any case, that should be everything, I believe, so if you're ready..."
    Banths are sacred to our people, a gift from The Mother. If you wish diplomatic relations to go well, you will not hunt them.

That said, I will lead you to our city from here.

She sets off into the woods, expecting the Nayleths to follow.

"We know much about your people, your history, traditions, technology, religion, and social structure. The servant you see before yourself is the highest ranked infiltration we have undertaken. The very thought of slaying another and taking their place is blasphemy. If I were not diplomatically trained, the very suggestion would have been offensive. No, the vast majority of our kind assume animal forms. You are far more likely to have a roach, rat, or butterfly be one of us in disguise than you are to have a humanoid spy in your midst. I do not know how you think I could offer you proof that I am not merely a profoundly good liar, especially since I am a professed diplomat and deception to ease relations is one of the skills I have specifically developed. If we have come across some sort of secret you do not wish disclosed to the general world, rest assured that we do not disclose anything we learn with anyone. Furthermore, I am not aware of anything your people have that would be considered a secret. If we know something you'd prefer we didn't, we don't know that it is so important."

"As for our people being dangerous..." The girl assumes the form of a banth, albeit a young one. Just large enough to fill the throne room for a moment before shifting back. "We are dangerous enemies and powerful allies, yes. If you wish some reassurances that we mean you no harm, name them and I shall provide it if it is within my power. If not, I shall send word back to the clan councils and they shall send someone who can."
    The two banths laying on either side of the queen mother hiss, their fur standing on end, when the other banth temporarily appears.

Then I trust you'll be keeping everything you know a secret from others. He scowls at you.

Politeness, Aridai, goes a long way. I take it that you did not know the banth's importance to our kind. If you wish to continue on good terms with us, you will take care not to take its form again.

Yes, they are quite sacred to us. I believe that assurances can only come from you if you reveal to us your true form.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephyrdiam- God of No Help, Nevermore

After a long while of listening to the Goddess cry, Sephyrdiam soon came to the much too late realization that his plea fell upon nearly deaf ears, and that the mere presence of anyone else around her simply caused her more pain. And so... Sephyrdiam left, offering his apology once again. Off he left, set to walking amongst the stars as he saw, and watched in awe of the creations of the others like him. There amidst this glowing sea he beheld that which was. He saw the moon, its varying twisting shapes and forms ever bending and contorting between dark and light; it was the perfect representation of Voimond and Nysv. His divine sight turned to the great shell, and the flaming gyroscope which spun around it effortlessly. Memories of the foolish mistakes he had done before soon came to his mind, and sadness filled him. Had he been nothing but a bother? Nothing but a thorn in the sides of all? To him, at least, that is what he felt. Each action he took felt but like the weight of another chain of guilt fastened to his neck, their weight eternal and strain unyielding. It was then, that this God decided perhaps the most important thing he had ever in all of his existance...

"...never again. Each action I make is simply a setback, and even I, I! I am Sephyrdiam, God of Nature, and even I... ...I could not behold its balance. No... never again. I will uphold it forever, and never seek its change. The creations of others I will never touch or manipulate, 'lest I have their sole permission to do so. And...." It is here he reminisces on the most recent of events, the loss of one in their fold. "...I will side with no-one, no one but Nature. If they call me ally, then so be it; I do not care. My existence is for Nature and Nature alone. I will forever be... a Neutral Deity."

Deep in the Forest

It was night, beneath the light of the fullest of moons. There in a remote part of the forest, far and away from the reaches of the budding civilizations, great energies wove and illumined in bright, emerald waves of green. Tendrils of life bound themselves into a single form, taking root into the earth. The light dimmed, and what was revealed would be the beginnings of a beautiful creation. A single tree revealed itself from the darkness, small parts of emerald light remaining in its form. It was not mighty... not yet, but it was there. Daily it would grow, its branches and roots growing ever broader, ever stronger, until one fateful day...
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Sephyrdiam- God of No Help, Nevermore

After a long while of listening to the Goddess cry, Sephyrdiam soon came to the much too late realization that his plea fell upon nearly deaf ears, and that the mere presence of anyone else around her simply caused her more pain. And so... Sephyrdiam left, offering his apology once again. Off he left, set to walking amongst the stars as he saw, and watched in awe of the creations of the others like him. There amidst this glowing sea he beheld that which was. He saw the moon, its varying twisting shapes and forms ever bending and contorting between dark and light; it was the perfect representation of Voimond and Nysv. His divine sight turned to the great shell, and the flaming gyroscope which spun around it effortlessly. Memories of the foolish mistakes he had done before soon came to his mind, and sadness filled him. Had he been nothing but a bother? Nothing but a thorn in the sides of all? To him, at least, that is what he felt. Each action he took felt but like the weight of another chain of guilt fastened to his neck, their weight eternal and strain unyielding. It was then, that this God decided perhaps the most important thing he had ever in all of his existance...

"...never again. Each action I make is simply a setback, and even I, I! I am Sephyrdiam, God of Nature, and even I... ...I could not behold its balance. No... never again. I will uphold it forever, and never seek its change. The creations of others I will never touch or manipulate, 'lest I have their sole permission to do so. And...." It is here he reminisces on the most recent of events, the loss of one in their fold. "...I will side with no-one, no one but Nature. If they call me ally, then so be it; I do not care. My existence is for Nature and Nature alone. I will forever be... a Neutral Deity."

Deep in the Forest

It was night, beneath the light of the fullest of moons. There in a remote part of the forest, far and away from the reaches of the budding civilizations, great energies wove and illumined in bright, emerald waves of green. Tendrils of life bound themselves into a single form, taking root into the earth. The light dimmed, and what was revealed would be the beginnings of a beautiful creation. A single tree revealed itself from the darkness, small parts of emerald light remaining in its form. It was not mighty... not yet, but it was there. Daily it would grow, its branches and roots growing ever broader, ever stronger, until one fateful day...
    Akna grasps his wrist as he tries to leave.

Please, stay. I don't want to be alone.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

The two banths laying on either side of the queen mother hiss, their fur standing on end, when the other banth temporarily appears.

Then I trust you'll be keeping everything you know a secret from others. He scowls at you.

Politeness, Aridai, goes a long way. I take it that you did not know the banth's importance to our kind. If you wish to continue on good terms with us, you will take care not to take its form again.

Yes, they are quite sacred to us. I believe that assurances can only come from you if you reveal to us your true form.
    Diplomacy - Hopefully not aggressive

"I shall be sure to inform my people to refrain from taking that particular form, no matter how majestic it is."

At the mention of a "true" form, she grimaces. "We have no 'true' form. When one of us wishes to procreate, we choose a form that is pleasing to us and convince another of our kind to assume the same. After the typical mating rituals for that kind, the designated female will remain in that form until the offspring are born, wherein they will be taught by the clan on how to control their forms. We have no form to call our own beyond those we borrow from others. Well, there is one set of forms we can take that are unique to us, but they are not easy to acquire and would not be particularly useful for these purposes..."

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"I hope you found your encounter there... as profitable as I indicated. Your client's side won the conflict, and the war god actually bothered to fight. It was interesting to see his technique. I was not punished for my aid, and I believe that I have managed to work the new godling as a tool I can call upon to do as is in its nature when I request. I found the encounter to be quite profitable."

"Is that so? Just what was all that fight about anyway? With the bidding war going on, I never really given the details. Not that it matters to me. A job is a job. I'm just curious as to what would make you stick your neck out like that for someone else."

27. - Top - End - #897
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It was a pleasure meeting you Gauron. Do try to look after yourself, gods can die." With that the Angel resumes her flight through the void.
    What a worrisome omen, coming from the timeless one. But good advice non the less. Safety had to come first. And thus Gauron decided to create a stronger, more durable body this time.
    Drawing from the malevolent powers of his realm, the worm started to hover and the dark earth collected around him, forming a tall body with long, thin and clawed legs and arms not unlike his first one. But this would only be the first layer. Next it seemed like some of the black essence of the corruption itself seeped out of the environment and condensed upon the newly formed body. Howling like a thousand souls in agony a black metal plate armor covered in red and purple glowing scars and runes was formed around Gauron, bound to him by obsidian chains of power. The crowning feature of the armor was its metal hood, fully covering his head and addorning his hideous face with a mask so terrible, mere mortals would go mad in fear just by glimpsing.
    In his newfound glory Gauron now stood, lord over his realm.
    "Finally! This is a body worthy of me. Not too long now and my enemies will cower under my wrath."

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 0 = 4 - 2 (Create Battle Artifact with Evil discount) - 2 (Gain Level: Caster)

Earth Domain
    Evil Domain

Battle Artifact: Cuirass of Malevolence

AP spent as leveling requierment:
    Spoiler
    Show

Mold Land:........1
    Create Plane:....3
    Create Artifact:.2
    Total:...............6
    Last edited by Zethex; 2012-04-11 at 10:37 AM.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

Artoran, realizing he had not yet paid his fee, heads to the Moon, seeking Nysv. He first heads to the Blood Spire, knowing the Shadow's fondness for it.

"Brother, there is still the matter of you payment. Would you like that now?" Artoran inquires.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

29. - Top - End - #899
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

Nysv turns around and ponders for a few moments "I wasn't going to collect my payment just yet... I always give my clients the time so that they may amass the correct amount you see. However, if you want to pay earlier than agreed... my agent will see to you right away."

The Creepy Masked Girl appears in front of Artoran. "Greetings Lord Artoran. I am afraid that are you unable to full-fill your obligations, as you have no plane for the Darkness to be given access too... nor has your aid been requested. However, if you wish Lord Artoran, you can pay with the shard of your essence, and then forge the promised weapon at your leisure." she says as she hands to Artoran a simple wooden box.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ettin in the Playground

Akna grasps his wrist as he tries to leave.

Please, stay. I don't want to be alone.
    Sephyrdiam was surprised that she finally reacted, what with her hand around his wrist like a vice grip. As he turned to look at her, he could see in her eyes the vast slew of emotions boiling ove: anger, rage, frustration, sorrow, but most of all the crushing loneliness inside. He could see now that she was desperate for someone, anyone to be there, 'lest she go mad with isolation. Out of all the Gods... was he the only one who came to offer his consolation?

Sephyrdiam smiled but a slight smile.

"Then you won't have to be."
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.