New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Aegidus Manor]

A disabled alarm? This was either Jane's lucky night or a trap. In any case, she starts to step toward the hedges, watching the cameras for any movement and doing her best to stay out of their field of view.
    Aegidus Manor

The cameras are all on solid mounts, rather than swivels, but there are enough of them that their fields of view saturate the entire lawn. However, her best bet is to hug the wall from the carriage to the servant's entrance, as none of the ones she can see appear to point straight downwards. It seems like a clear case of overconfidence, not bothering to have redundant cameras when the alarm system should theoretically catch anyone who managed to get that close.

In any case, she manages to make it to the hedges that flank the servant's entrance. Whether or not the cameras caught her is unclear, as there are no obvious sounds of alarm from inside.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #122

[Aegidus Manor]

Jane does another sweep with her sensors for paranoia's sake. She already risked the operation by going under the cameras, she didn't want to mess up completely. If there's nothing in the immediate room, then she enters.

3. - Top - End - #123

Aegidus Manor

If Jane has had time to study the blueprints that Zack handed off to the Operative, she'll know that the room beyond is the main kitchen. This late at night, there are no people there, but her scan does pick up a housecat, which is sleeping judging by how still it is.

Connected to the kitchens are the pantry and a dumbwaiter heading to the floors above, as well as a hallway that goes to the servants quarters and beyond to the main halls where guests are handled and the family spends most of its time. The area dealing solely with servants, cleaning supplies, linens, and other assorted things for maintaining a manor this large takes up a small wing of the place, connected by the dumbwaiter and a set of stairs for when its use is impractical.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Wildside

"Did you always get such detailed messages from them?" Lenai wonders aloud. She did find that the bees were more receptive as they grew beyond their normal size, but she hadn't thought about whether or not they might be getting more intelligent as well.
    "No, Mistress," Kell answers. "The bees are... different."

Before her knees, a small corked cask is pulled up by the roots of the red maple, and she gently brushes off the loose earth before pulling it free and standing, walking around Kell so that he can see it in her hands.

"You are going to stop calling me mistress after this point. You've earned your place here, and that is your reward. If you find my name uncomfortable, you can give me one of your choosing that I will know means me to your ears and tongue, but I will not respond to mistress anymore." With a ceremonial edge to her actions, Lenai uncorks the cask and holds it at chest height, waiting for Kell to take it.
    Kell can't think of how to answer that isn't "Yes, Mistress," and so he takes the cask, lifts it, and drinks.

D-Day - Billie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    D-Day - Billie

One of armored servants of the burning light is wandering around, looking with an concerned eye at the growing group of hedonists hanging around Eastside. Finally she decides to approach the group. "Can anyone tell me what's going on here? Is this some preparation for a festival?" She says loudly in hope for an answer.
    Billie does not answer, her mouth being rather full of someone else's tongue at the moment, but someone else does. "It's a street party! We're celebrating Diurnal Isis!"

"Yeah! TAKE OFF YOUR TOP!"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #125

MagMart Roof

Our wacky cyborg sits upon the roof of his own business, idly watching as people march in, grab as much snacks and drinks and junk as they can, throw money at the bots behind the register, and then march right out. Wow, this is really weird. What the hell do they need all of this stuff for, anyways? Magtok hasn't heard of any holidays coming up, and aside from some whore priestess driving around the town with her top down and her shirt off, which he's dismissed as just another Jezebel minion having some fun, there hasn't been anything really out of the ordinary, has there?

"Hey, umm...Dio? You out there, anywhere, and capable of hearing this with super godly magic, by any chance? Does saying your name three times summon you, maybe? Dionysus Dionysus Dionysus?

...Nah, I didn't think so. Got a bottle of wine to split with you though, if you want. FREE BOOZE FOR ANY SON OF ZEUS WHO WANTS IT! Amontillado, aged to perfection with a time machine, because it's easier than waiting half a lifetime like with ordinary wines, or buying someone else's. Seriously, I only need a moment of your time, and I don't think I have anything worth burning as an offering to you on me right now."

Magtok looks up to the setting sun for a moment, and shakes his head. Yep, just as he thought. He was a fool to think any of that was going to work, or even had a chance of working. Might as well try to drink the shame away, since there's nothing else in this miserable little town for our cyborg.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-08-28 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Malechenar - Fourth Tower Compound

Blue, sulphuric smoke begins to well up in the centre of the summoning circle. It lazily expands in all directions, curling up onto itself when it reaches the edges. Over the course of thirty seconds the smoke wells up, especially at the centre. Soon it forms a towering pillar, smoke cascading down like a waterfall from the peak. Once the pillar of smoke reaches roughly the size of a somewhat tall human, it collapses.

Standing in its place is a blue-skinned devil in a red coat with elaborate gold embroidery. His mane of black hair is pulled back by a jade pin, hanging in a loose pony-tail. Under his coat is a three-piece black suit, with a navy blue tie tucked under the vest. His long, thin tail draws lazy circles in the air with the point of its spade-tip, and he looks from one hooded figure to the other with orange goat-eyes.

"Seventh circle," Mercutio says, bending down to pick up the book. "There is no tenth." Standing, he flips through the pages. "I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage. It's not very often I speak to mortals without knowing their name."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

7. - Top - End - #127

Eastside Thugs - Day Four

"It's great isn't it? Everyone I've been talking to feels alive right now. People are going around throwing parties and just celebrating life. I watched a little old grandmother kick over a garbage can and set it on fire. me and the boys are just talking about what we could do. What we should do." The thug replies, and everyone nods in agreement. Fade can see that many of these people are from completely different places, and would have never run into each other and started talking in the street normally, but something has changed that.

"We should find more and show the authority that we are free."

Wait did I rally say that? Urgh.

Fade still seems to be splited. While his mind is free and following the effects his body seems to have a counter reaction. Even more pain seems to take place and Fade isn't sure how to handle it. It's just imagination since the feeling of pain was low until now.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #128

Wildside

Lenai steps back to let Kell experience the effects of the mead, but keeps one hand outstretched so that if he drops it from shock, she'll be able to catch it before it is spilled.

Magmart Roof

"You know, I've never taken a call that amounted to "Here boy, I've got a nice treat for you!" before. Still, you raised alcohol to my name, and I heard you. What can I do to you this time Magtok?" Dionysus, looking rather unlike himself at the moment, sits in a lawn chair with his staff across his knees. Rather than the suave, bronze-skinned prince of revelry a rather pale youth with gold-spun hair and breezy blue eyes sits, but the voice is unmistakably his.

"This isn't about Wolfy's blood is it? I've heard stories about you two, but if you want to complete some creepy shrine you should probably talk to my daughter. The blood thing is between those two, and I haven't got a hand in it no matter how proud of her I am."

"Yeah, who are they to keep us down anyway?" A man in a rumpled business suit responds to Fade's suggestion, but the red-bearded thug holds up a hand, looking at Fade more closely.

"Are you okay buddy? We can get you to a hospital if you're hurt or something." For a man this large and imposing, he's showing a lot of kindness and concern for someone he's never met.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-08-28 at 03:31 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129

"Don't worry. It needs more than that to break me. Let's go"

Fade holds his hand up in defense. He was to long a solo fighter to fall such deep. But the pain didn't dissapear. It seems like he is having the pain his body didn't gave him in the years. He will still look like someone who needs medical help, but he still stands.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #130

MagMart Roof

"Who? What? I don't know anything about what you're-"

Magtok shakes his head, trying his best not to dwell on whatever the hell Dio is talking about as he passes a glass of wine to the deity. Who the heck is Wolfy, and why would Magtok care about his blood?

"It's...no. No, it's not about that at all. I was actually hoping I could make up my mind as to whether to punch or thank you about the whole Libby wine thingy, and maybe get your help counter-pranking your dad a little. Apologize for being all grumpy and jerk-ish back at that Beachside party I barely remember, too."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #131

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

"Don't think you're getting out of work that easily." Nadia blows Irena a kiss then disappears back into their room.

Not too long later, the lampades walks around the side of the house dressed in a flannel shirt and a set of overalls. She's ready to do some work. "Hello up there!"

[Northside Hotel]

The vampire coughs. "Of course." Valente rolls his eyes good naturedly and walks out the door.
    [Suncrest Manor]

As Nadia turns back from the window she might be able to notice something moving underneath the cover of the bed. Whatever it is, it can't be very large.

[Northside Hotel==>Eastside]

Astrana takes Valente's arm under her's and leads him down to the bottom floor and out the streets as a couple (or perhaps friends.)

Walking across the streets Valente will probably notice how anarchistic everyone is acting. The tiefling pays them no heed however even if they are getting yelled at by some drunken teenagers.

"Show us yer tits!" This is followed by very loud laughter, thankfully the two manage to shake off their followers however as they join another group heading for northside. It looks like plenty of like-minded individuals are swarming eastside however, probably not something Valente is used to.

"This town is going insane, hopefully Tenebras can keep some order at least." She says with a shake of her head as she steers them out of the main streets, trusting the smaller alleys instead.

[D-Day - Billie]

Trying to ignore that comment the servant turns her attention to first speaker. "What's diurnal isis? I never heard it before!" She yells back to get heard over the background noise.

[Malechenar - Fourth Tower Compound]

Within the book Mercutio will find a lot of notes about Tenebras, the city they are from, their organization in riverside and most importantly, some of their secrets. Gulaghar the player decides exactly what he will learn however.

At first the devil's summoner can only stare at him until he's finally brought out of his stupor by by a subtle kick to his knee from his mentor.

"Ow... I mean, my name is not for you to know. I have already offered you the knowledge of an entire organization. I have summoned you to make a pact, not to make pleasantries." The hooded figure replies. Despite his confident tone there is an air of nervousness about this young man.

The other two are completely silent however, seemingly used to this sort of things. One of them even seem to be taking notes of the conversation taking place.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-28 at 04:40 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

Magmart Roof

"You mean kill, right? I wouldn't be so stupid as to post on a public forum, but even I can read Magtok. You've got a massive hate-on for him for what some would call a good reason, so I'll make this quick and easy. Why, on the eve of a revolution in a pot my hand stirred, should I risk myself to the ire of other gods by furthering your plans and letting myself be skewered for my part if you fail? What's my incentive?" By the tone of his voice, Dio is just barely avoiding saying "when they fail" out of an interest in where this conversation is going. He has about as much faith in Magtok as he does in any mortal that decided to scale Olympus on a whim and demand entry, but at least some part of Magtok would survive to regret his mistakes.

"See? The guy's fine Brody, now let's go break something! My fingers have been just itching to-"

"Shut your trap Markus. I'm thinking. Alright, everyone here wrap things up and head home. If you've got families, take care of them, and make sure they're gonna be alright for a few days. There's no telling how much trouble this is going to get us in, but if we're going for it then I say we go all the way. Anyone who wants to back out, I'm not going to think any worse of you, just don't show up. The rest of you should meet back here tomorrow with whatever stuff you've got to wreck with and we'll start some fun. Sound good to you?"

The rest of the people in the group nod in agreement, Brody has been the clear leader among them since he got here, and even Markus bows to reason when he speaks up. Brody turns to Fade one last time, a determined look in his eye, "What's your name new guy?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

*backtracks*

Nadia frowns at the bed. What the heck could that be? Irena wouldn't have been playing some prank on her considering all the sickness and feeling terrible. With just a bit of hesitation, the Lampades grabs the edge of the covers and pulls them away.

[Northside Hotel => Eastside]

Valente seems very uncomfortable with the sort of attention they've been getting. It's kind of surprising the number of creeps around. "I wonder what's going on. This is ridiculous." He's never seen the streets quite like this.

14. - Top - End - #134

[Aegidus Manor]

Jane has the blueprints copied on to her fancy folding screen. She proceeds through the kitchen to the stairs, remaining inconspicuous in case her cloak fails. It should last her six hours, but you never know.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Lenai steps back to let Kell experience the effects of the mead, but keeps one hand outstretched so that if he drops it from shock, she'll be able to catch it before it is spilled.
    Wildside

Kell takes one sip of the mead, and his eyes glaze over as he can taste what every bee in the forest is doing right now - gathering nectar, making wax, tending to larvae, battling predators, hatching, eating, dying. So many females working so diligently.

Then there are the drones with powerful bodies, large eyes, and no sting. They simply gather in their own places, waiting for the Mother to direct them to mate. Just as the men in Kell's homeworld live, with very little purpose.

Something in the mead responds violently to this, and Kell is carried at once from the familiarity of bees to the savagery of a wolf at hunt. No, not a wolf. Wolf. The primal Wolf whose blood runs through these trees.

He tastes his paws running, his teeth tearing, his throat growling.

He tastes the Wolf's first smell of "...Lenai" and his eyes focus again.

[D-Day - Billie]

Trying to ignore that comment the servant turns her attention to first speaker. "What's diurnal isis? I never heard it before!" She yells back to get heard over the background noise.
    "Dionysus!" Billie yells as she comes up for air. "Drink!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #136

MagMart Roof

Magtok raises an eyebrow, and tries his best to look somewhat astonished by Dio's little spiel.

"What? I...what? No, I really do mean prank. I mean, he's an enormous, mouth-breathing *******, but I'm not going to try to kill him for it. I'd been thinking about it before, yeah, but I'm not that petty. It was, after all, just a silly goat. People have done far worse to me before without dying."

Indeed, at this point, his pursuit of divine retribution has more to do with kicks, giggles, and showing off for the rest of the Nexus, rather than the thoughts of vengeance that initiated things. Magtok's technically not lying here, even if he is being pretty damn deceptive and sneaky.

"I was just thinking, hey, let's throw a big party somewhere or something, full of hot, loose women who don't mind sleeping with a moose or whatever, invite him, and then put a magical pill in his drink that makes him limp as a wet noodle, is all. Revenge for the goat thing by briefly taking away his ability to do that to anyone for...I dunno, a week or so? A week should be adequate for a little ego-deflating."

Magtok shrugs. "I mean, if you're saying what I think you're saying about this revolution business, we've already got the party right here. And you could engineer the pill yourself or whatever, making sure I don't put any deadly god poisons or whatever in it. I don't care, so long as the prank's done, honestly."

The cyborg empties his glass, and drops it off the edge of the roof, where it shatters to pieces.

"Hypothetically though, let's say I am that crazy. A dormant trouser hydra isn't going to kill the big Z-man, is it? Anyone says anything, you could tell them I was just some idiot who mixed up Achilles and heels with gods and phalluses, and wanted to see me crash and burn hilariously, right? Your incentive would be chaos and chortles, same as always."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

17. - Top - End - #137

Magmart Roof

"When someone asks how to kill a very specific god on the Wall, everything they say afterwards tends to take on a new light. You want me to work within your plans, you're going to have to trade favors like everyone else. I also happen to have some favors that need doing which I believe you'll be good at, so don't think I'm going to be holding it over your head or anything." Dionysus shifts on his seat, getting comfortable as he counters Magtok's argument with certainty. He's not lending out his well earned talents for free just because there's chaos and chortles to be had.

"You might want to start thinking longer term than a week as well. He's gone years in between conquests, finding the perfect target. To him, the chase is half the fun, and most of the other half comes in the aftermath. Some gods have strange fetishes, but his takes the cake." He's not averse to giving advice though, and seems rather frank about his father's habits. The greeks really have no shame to speak of do they?

Wildside

"Yes?" She's honestly surprised, and possibly a little shocked that Kell would humor her so quickly. Has something in the mead jolted him, or is he coming into his own for other reasons?

Aegidus Manor

The stairs are likewise empty of all signs of life, though there is noise from the servant's quarters down the hall from them, and light from under the door. It seems not all of the staff are yet asleep.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-08-28 at 06:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

"Mother Bee, Wolf, and Nymph. Three gods I taste, but only one bids me speak her name," Kell says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #139

[D-Day - Billie]

Riaz chuckles, "Not right now, I'm working." She insists, Dionysus sounded like a person rather then a festival though. Was this party centered around him, a real person or a figure of sort? "But who's Dionysus?" She asks curiously.

[Suncrest Manor]

Underneath the cover is a black scorpion which quickly skitters towards her once it's revealed.

[Eastside]

"Must be some sort of event, Tenebras didn't know why it happened either. Maybe it's connected to that democracy group?" Astrana suggests as she wanders through the alley, avoiding a half-naked couple making out.

Finally the tiefling drags the vampire into a house and closes the door, it's pretty dark inside but Valente will be able to see that a glowing circle surrounded by runes have been drawn on the floor.

Without hesitation Astrana steps forward and pokes the edge of the circle with one of her rods and the hooded from of a dark-skinned woman appears in the middle of it. She is dressed in a teal robe with a black tower at the back of it. Two brown sandals covering her feet. The vampire might note that her left arm looks it was made out of silver. "Finally, and you brought the vampire with you too. Great. So let's go down to business. I'm Sekai and I'm here to hire and offer you membership within the fourth tower."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-28 at 07:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140

MagMart Roof

Magtok frowns, shaking his head once Dionysus starts offering advice. An exchange of goods and services, he's perfectly alright with, but being told what to do accomplishes nothing more than annoying the egotistical god-hunter.

"We'll trade favors, then. And I'll keep that in mind."

No he won't. Long-term planning is for fools. Anyone who thinks they can predict what next week will hold for the Nexus has clearly never been to the Nexus before.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #141

[Aegidus Manor]

Jane keeps her steps silent as she climbs the stairs. She consults her screen again to see where she'd be going to swap the wills.

22. - Top - End - #142

Malechenar - Fourth Tower Compound

"Oh, but I have to call you something. And if I do decide to take you on your deal then I'm going to learn your name anyway. No use delaying the inevitable." Mercutio flips idly through the pages of his book, occasionally glancing up at the hooded young man and the other two behind him.

For all appearances, Mercutio looked almost bored. Tail slowly swaying behind him, posture more or less relaxed, listlessly skimming odd pages of his new book. But under that disinterested veneer, the devil's mind was a whirlwind of speculation.
    Whoever this hooded man with the feminine voice was, Mercutio doubted he'd be much trouble. The youth clearly knew next to nothing about the Hell of the Iron Queen. Heh. Arch-devil Mercutio. Now didn't that have a ring to it? No, Mercutio was more curious about the two behind him. They acted as clear superiors, and clearly had a vested interest in how this little exchange worked out. Mentors, perhaps, or masters of some variety. No doubt, the summoner was simply their mouth-piece and fall man. Should anything go wrong, it would be on this student.
    No wonder he was so nervous.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Magmart Roof

"You mean kill, right? I wouldn't be so stupid as to post on a public forum, but even I can read Magtok. You've got a massive hate-on for him for what some would call a good reason, so I'll make this quick and easy. Why, on the eve of a revolution in a pot my hand stirred, should I risk myself to the ire of other gods by furthering your plans and letting myself be skewered for my part if you fail? What's my incentive?" By the tone of his voice, Dio is just barely avoiding saying "when they fail" out of an interest in where this conversation is going. He has about as much faith in Magtok as he does in any mortal that decided to scale Olympus on a whim and demand entry, but at least some part of Magtok would survive to regret his mistakes.

"See? The guy's fine Brody, now let's go break something! My fingers have been just itching to-"

"Shut your trap Markus. I'm thinking. Alright, everyone here wrap things up and head home. If you've got families, take care of them, and make sure they're gonna be alright for a few days. There's no telling how much trouble this is going to get us in, but if we're going for it then I say we go all the way. Anyone who wants to back out, I'm not going to think any worse of you, just don't show up. The rest of you should meet back here tomorrow with whatever stuff you've got to wreck with and we'll start some fun. Sound good to you?"

The rest of the people in the group nod in agreement, Brody has been the clear leader among them since he got here, and even Markus bows to reason when he speaks up. Brody turns to Fade one last time, a determined look in his eye, "What's your name new guy?"
    Thenardier, who had been regularly monitoring the streets, trying to get an idea about what was going on, can't help but overhear the group as he's walking down through the streets, down alleys and through the dirtier parts of Eastside, trying to figure out what's happening. THe's missing his right eye and left leg. His leg from a fearsome sandworm from when he was stuck in the desert sub-plane of punishment for three years. His eye from a fight with an old priest named Maleficious. The Inspector's old navy coat is torn at the bottom, and the gold outlines are faded. The navy trenchcoat is open for once, exposing his black shirt, chain mail underneath. His black pants are ripped at the bottom, long black boots reaching his calfs. His wooden leg has a sharp metal tip, which clacks as he walks. He uses his old cane to walk, and his black gloves are worn out. His face is rather gnarled, weather-beaten and heavily scarred. One gray eye looks out over the base. A wide-brimmed navy hat covers his face half-way with shadow. Wait! He calls out. I would like to join! It is time the people show authority who's boss! For Freedom! Please, I'm an old man, and would like to see the Nexus rise! Thenadier grins...or tries to...his scarred face makes it come out rather twisted.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Holy ****!" Nadia takes several rapid steps backward. A scorpion?! What?! Was it in there while she was sleeping?!

[Eastside]

Huh, that's not what Valente was expecting when Astrana told him about this meeting. Not that he knew what he was expecting. "What exactly would that mean?" He looks at Astrana to see what she thinks.

25. - Top - End - #145

Wildside

"That's because you have earned the right to use my name. Without your aid, what you have tasted would not be possible, and so I've accepted you as a part of my woods. Not just a the bees' boy, but the wood's man." Lenai responds, the sound of the title hanging heavily in the air with the scent of the mead.

Magmart Roof

"Do what you wish with it. As for the favor, one of my followers has had something happen to her, much the same as what happened to you. A ritual and an unfortunate burden, only hers is going to last longer than a night. I have names, people responsible and those that might be, and I want it made clear that they aren't welcome in Riverside. Anything you can do to drive them out, kill them, humiliate them, or brand them as the rapists they are will earn you as much help from me with your problem as you put into mine. Once they're all dealt with one way or another, my attention is no longer going to be diverted, and I'll be able to give you more than half-hearted aid anyway."

Aegidus Manor

That would be the drawing room for the mother's will, and the den for the father's, both on the third floor. She should note that by leaving the servant's quarters behind, she might be leaving some of her targets. In particular Balthazar the head butler, and the mother Marianna's personal handmaidens.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Wildside

"That's because you have earned the right to use my name. Without your aid, what you have tasted would not be possible, and so I've accepted you as a part of my woods. Not just a the bees' boy, but the wood's man." Lenai responds, the sound of the title hanging heavily in the air with the scent of the mead.
    As Kell returns the flask to her, he lets his fingers touch hers deliberately fo the first time. "My name is Cole."

Then suddenly, violently, he throws himself to the ground and begins tearing at his gold anklets that cannot be removed because they were welded in place at his betrothal to the Duchess. "I want them off. Off! I'm not a drone!"

[D-Day - Billie]

Riaz chuckles, "Not right now, I'm working." She insists, Dionysus sounded like a person rather then a festival though. Was this party centered around him, a real person or a figure of sort? "But who's Dionysus?" She asks curiously.
    "Working is for chumps!" Billie says. "Dionysus is the god of goofing off!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #147

[Suncrest Manor]

"Nadia!" The lampade can hear Irena scream as she suddenly shadow shifts into the room as the scorpion just stops in front of her. The witch don't wast any time though as she readies her gun and shoots the creature, creating a little hole in the floor. "Are you okay?" She asks while turning to her girlfriend, slowly calming down again.

[Eastside]

Astrana is silent, staring back at the woman who meets her pupil-less eyes with a smile. "She's asking me to betray Tenebras, she's asking us to betray them Valente." She explains without looking at the vampire.

"No, no, no, you got it all wrong. We aren't asking you to betray anyone, we're well aware of your new loyalties with the vampires Astrana and if you don't like to give them up, that's your decision. We can help your boyfriend here however. He need a job does he not? He need someone who can help him deal with the allegations he's facing and we can offer him both and he don't need to utter a word about Tenebras." She turns to Valente with a sweet smile on her face. "We believe you could be an valuable member of our organization. Provided you do some safe work within the castle above us, you will be able to have complete freedom and getting paid to boot."

[Malechenar - Fourth Tower Compound]

Two two behind the young man seem to have different attitudes to the situation, the mentor person who talked earlier keeps an keen eye on the devil and his summoner just underneath the edge of her hood. Hiding most of her face in shadows. The other figure of undetermined gender never looks up however and appears solely focused on taking notes of everything being said.

Hesitating the man finally speaks up again, "I am Enu and I am in need of your aid devil." He declares. "There might be a god hunting members of the group I am with. I like to find out if this is true and if it is, how to best deal with the situation out of the information you will gather." Enu explains, as Mercutio guessed though, the words are most likely not his own.

[D-Day - Billie]

"Huh, well give me a drink then and tell me more of this god of yours." Riaz replies, sounding rather intrigued.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-29 at 04:03 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148

Magmart Roof

"I'd very much like to have those names."

Magtok keeps his expression as neutral as he can, even though he's almost definitely beaming on the inside. The senseless destruction of inferior beings is just one of his many specialties, but it's absolutely one of the most fun ones. A favor for Dionysus could've been so much worse than this, and not the least bit enjoyable at all.

"Will they need to be told why I'm striking them down like cattle, or are they all already aware of the gravity of their crimes?"
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-08-28 at 08:05 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

The gunshot doesn't help Nadia's nerves any, but at least the scorpion is dead. "Yeah, I'm fine. Maybe I should just sit down for a sec, though." She slumps down on the bed, looking kind of sick again.

[Eastside]

Valente looks at Astrana for a moment longer, then turns back to the woman. "How exactly could you help me? And what kind of work wold you want me to do for you?" He's considering it, because it does sound pretty good. He won't discount Astrana's suspicions, though.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Wildside

As Kell returns the flask to her, he lets his fingers touch hers deliberately fo the first time. "My name is Cole."

Then suddenly, violently, he throws himself to the ground and begins tearing at his gold anklets that cannot be removed because they were welded in place at his betrothal to the Duchess. "I want them off. Off! I'm not a drone!"
    Wildside

Lenai reaches out to grab Cole's wrists, "No, you are not, but tearing at those with your nails won't accomplish anything. You would need a chisel, and patience, but it could be done. If I can find someone to take these off, would you be patient?"

Magmart Roof

"By all means you should tell them. They need to know the consequences of harming my followers, and I want the whole city to know it with them. A show of force has been too long in coming." Dio reaches into his breast pocket and pulls out a folded piece of copy paper with Irena's original list copied onto it, holding it out to Magtok firmly.

"So you avenge my rape, I avenge yours? Must be the oddest deal I've sorted out since... ever, really." He laughs a bit, an odd smile playing over his face.