New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ....Wow....
    I just read Fallout Equestria, and as Fallout 3 fan, I'm flattered!
    It's pretty different to it (Or maybe I played it differently ), but it's still cool man
    It's a pretty strong fusion of the settings. And while it was most influenced by Fallout 3 a great deal of 1, 2, and Vegas were included as well.
    The Dude pony avatar by http://supermatt314.deviantart.com/

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

tongue Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post
    I have a slightly more serious question to ask.

I just had a friend critique my choice to watch MLP, choosing to invalidate my choice by questioning its nature. He said I'm only watching the show because it's something most people wouldn't do, that I was purposely being a hipster. He argued because I tried watching MLP for that reason that that's the reason I even enjoy it. It was really invalidating and made me feel really low. I genuinely like the show.

The question here is how do you deal with people like this? I'm trying not to let it affect me but this was really good friend and he's trying to cause a divide because of what he thinks is right or wrong. Ugh, I hate people sometimes.

What should I do?
    Honestly, just keep doing what you enjoy. Your "friend" apparently didn't like the show, and that's cool, love and tolerate. The thing is, if he tries to invalidate your interest in the show, just ignore him. Tons of people watch the show. If he meant "most people" than I can only assume that he was referencing the world population (over 7 billion right now).
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

3. - Top - End - #753

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    It's a pretty strong fusion of the settings. And while it was most influenced by Fallout 3 a great deal of 1, 2, and Vegas were included as well.
    Yeah, I think they made it just as grimdark as an abandonned Vault

Seriously, I mean, I've been playing it and it feelt exactly like Broken Steel's trailer, except with more Leeroy Jenkins

But still, seems pretty cool
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-05-04 at 09:19 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #754

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    [COLOR="Purple"]
    (Warning experts estimate minor pancreatic damage may result)
    Spoiler
    Show

Hakuna Mattata folks!
    *BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Uh, Alabenson? Exactly how much cuteness can this thing take? I'm not very familiar with the Woona meter.

However, there is one thing that I am quite familiar with... (Sorry Thubby, but those "Gummies" don't seem like they want to be friends.)

ALL AIRSHIPS, HEAD TOWARDS THE "GUMMY" PORTAL AND OPEN FIRE. BLAST THOSE HELLIONS BACK TO WHENCE THEY CAME.

WOO! CANTERLOCK FTW.

5. - Top - End - #755

Thank you all for the advice. This whole thing snowballed into such an ugly situation. I wish it was still a high school problem because then I could at least use immaturity as a reasoning rather than an insult or excuse.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

6. - Top - End - #756

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Oh Luna, you clearly have too much free time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Some days you just can't get rid of a Parasprite.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    *BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Uh, Alabenson? Exactly how much cuteness can this thing take? I'm not very familiar with the Woona meter.

However, there is one thing that I am quite familiar with... (Sorry Thubby, but those "Gummies" don't seem like they want to be friends.)

ALL AIRSHIPS, HEAD TOWARDS THE "GUMMY" PORTAL AND OPEN FIRE. BLAST THOSE HELLIONS BACK TO WHENCE THEY CAME.

WOO! CANTERLOCK FTW.
    I wouldn't worry too much, to give you a baseline, the following should equal about 5 kilowoonas, well within the implant's theoretical safety limit.
    By safety limit I mean the amount of cute the implant can take without entering full catastrophic meltdown. You're still just as vulnerable to HNNNG as ever, you just won't need to replace you pancreas afterwards.

Spoiler
    Show

HOLY MOTHER OF CELESTIA WHY DID I DO THNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG! And...I'm...still...conscious.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #758

I found a very well done Nightmare Moon picture.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #759

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much, to give you a baseline, the following should equal about 5 kilowoonas, well within the implant's theoretical safety limit.
    By safety limit I mean the amount of cute the implant can take without entering full catastrophic meltdown. You're still just as vulnerable to HNNNG as ever, you just won't need to replace you pancreas afterwards.

Spoiler
    Show
    [

HOLY MOTHER OF CELESTIA WHY DID I DO THNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG! And...I'm...still...conscious.
    I don't think I've seen filly Nightmare Moon before, surprisingly (Night-light Moon?)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    I found a very well done Nightmare Moon picture.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This, on the other hoof, is right on the boundary between amazing and terrifying...

I think we've fully turned this Offspring song into an official anthem for newly converted bronies

There's a slower version that's truer to the original song too.
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-05-04 at 10:48 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

10. - Top - End - #760

Spoiler
    Show

Urgh, so am I. Hey! I'm not feeling any internal organ trauma!

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

This begs an interesting question ... what are the cutest, most diabeetus inducing pictures of each pony out there right now? (As either mares or fillies). We really need to establish an upper limit on the woonameter.

I've got my own selection, but I'm sure others may be able to trump it ... especailly poor Applejack, she needs more art of her being cute.

Rainbow Dash
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy
    Spoiler
    Show

Pinkie Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Applejack
    Spoiler
    Show

Rarity
    Spoiler
    Show

Twilight Sparkle
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

That's impressive. But, can it withstand Fluttershy in a cape?
    Spoiler
    Show

School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    That's impressive. But, can it withstand Fluttershy in a cape?
    Spoiler
    Show

Surprisingly well, actually. I believe that spending time around here helps one develop a resistance to dangerous levels of adorable.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

I've got a lot of headcanon, many bits of which I can't separate from regular canon anymore.

These, however, are fairly recent additions:

Spoiler
    Show
    Celestia lost her fight with Chrysalis because, while Celestia DOES love her subjects immensely, she can't use that love as a power source for her magic. Chrysalis, however, could use everypony in the room's love for Celestia (of the Philos variety), her own love for her subjects (of the Agape variety, which she may very well have had) and Shining Armor's love for cadence (of the four flavors variety) that she'd been feeding off of for a couple of days at least, maybe even weeks if she had been in place for long enough. Also, SA's love was uberlove on account of the finale being a sappy kid's story about marriage.

Alicorns are born from very specific, multigenerational blends of Earth, Pegasus and unicorn DNA that aren't possible with that distant aunt/cousin/twice-removed third cousin crap the cakes were spouting.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-05-04 at 10:44 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

WOO! CANTERLOCK FTW.
    *teleports to the bridge of the flagship carrying armfulls of gummies*
    i thought we were friends

i offered you unimaginable power, even took care of you when i chained you to that desk. heck, i let you go eventually
    *releases gummies*
    make it burn
    *disappears*
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-05-04 at 11:16 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Yes, please. Allow me. Since he decided to come in for a hug...
    Not familar with the picture are we? As that particular show's creative pedigree has some far more appropriate examples. Practically invented weaponized friend making actually.

17. - Top - End - #767

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    *teleports to the bridge of the flagship carrying armfulls of gummies*
    i thought we were friends

i offered you unimaginable power, even took care of you when i chained you to that desk. heck, i let you go eventually
    *releases gummies*
    make it burn
    *disappears*
    *Entire bridge crew pulls out revolvers. Each one aimed at a different gummy's head.*

I thought we were too. Then those things attacked the R.E.A. Stalliongrad.

Our common law of war is that we do not engage unless fired upon first. They attacked, so we fought back.

Now, I would prefer if we walked away from this situation peacefully. So far, no lives have been lost, and I want to keep it that way.

Therefore, I propose a solution:

You take back your *Gummies* and my fleet won't send them to Tartarus.

We'll even give them a copy of the entire first and second seasons of MLP:FiM free of charge as a gift of good will.

*Pulls back hammer on scoped .44 magnum revolver*

Sound good?
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-05-04 at 11:35 PM.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post

I just had a friend critique my choice to watch MLP, choosing to invalidate my choice by questioning its nature. He said I'm only watching the show because it's something most people wouldn't do, that I was purposely being a hipster. He argued because I tried watching MLP for that reason that that's the reason I even enjoy it. It was really invalidating and made me feel really low. I genuinely like the show.

The question here is how do you deal with people like this? I'm trying not to let it affect me but this was really good friend and he's trying to cause a divide because of what he thinks is right or wrong. Ugh, I hate people sometimes.

What should I do?
    ask why it matters to HIM why YOU watch a certain show?
    and would HE prefer that YOU spend YOUR time watching something like "Katching Klap with the Kardashians" instead?
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

*Entire bridge crew pulls out revolvers. Each one aimed at a different gummy's head.*

I thought we were too. Then those things attacked the R.E.A. Stalliongrad.

Our common law of war is that we do not engage unless fired upon first. They attacked, so we fought back.

Now, I would prefer if we walked away from this situation peacefully. So far, no lives have been lost, and I want to keep it that way.

Therefore, I propose a solution:

You take back your *Gummies* and my fleet won't send them to Tartarus.

We'll even give them a copy of the entire first and second seasons of MLP:FiM free of charge as a gift of good will.

*Pulls back hammer on scoped .44 magnum revolver*

Sound good?
    we both know I'll survive that
    *points anti-brony laser at power source*
    how about you abandon ship? no one has to die, except thannqol, and probably alabenson now. but you can walk away from this will all your bridge bunnies, and even the rest of your fleet
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-05-05 at 01:15 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

20. - Top - End - #770
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer

What should I do?
    There's been a lot of good advice offered, so I'll just add two cents more. Ask him if he's watched the show. Talk about what you like.

If that doesn't work, there's always the fact that you're pretty late to the fandom, considering you got in towards the end of season two.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

21. - Top - End - #771
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello bronies of the internet. I have been "sent here" by this guy because stuff and things.

Rainbow Dash is best pony. That is all.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

someone will be along with the traditional image dump of welcoming shortly.
    till then, welcome aboard and feel free to enjoy the insanity.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-05-05 at 01:44 AM.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

23. - Top - End - #773

Quote Originally Posted by TimeForSP View Post
    Hello bronies of the internet. I have been "sent here" by this guy because stuff and things.

Welcome good sir, to the glorious land of ponythread.

/]*[\

24. - Top - End - #774

Spoiler
    Show

You have very good taste. What other pony can summon nuclear devastation at will?
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

25. - Top - End - #775

we both know I'll survive that
    *points anti-brony laser at power source*
    how about you abandon ship? no one has to die, except thannqol, and probably alabenson now. but you can walk away from this will all your bridge bunnies, and even the rest of your fleet
    I have no intention to end your life. Besides, you clearly do not know how my airships work. Your anti-brony laser will not affect their operations in the slightest. Now, the ones who are at risk here are your gummies. You created them (well, sort of), so it is natural that you care for them. Now, I would rather not waste my ammunition (I'm saving it for the war), so state your terms, and I shall state mine. Perhaps we can reach an effective compromise, and not set this thread on fire in the process.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

I was in a 3.5 adventure where an obelisk had been granting people wishes but twisting their meanings to unpredictable and often unfortunate ends.

The obelisk had been destroyed but me and the rest of my party were tasked to fix the problems it had created for various families. Each of these problems was fixed by removing the physical mark (usually a small circle or other shape) upon the subject or area that was the source of the magic. One of these families had wished for smarter horses. They got turned into ponies. Their marks were cutie marks. We removed them and they returned to human form >:D.

MWA HA HA HA HA!

Also, one of our party members was trying to diplomance/seduce everyone in the town and was going to do that to the ponies but we stopped him in time.

NOTE: We had to scrape off the skin of the cutie mark but fortunately I played a cleric and was able to heal them of the injury. It was for the greater good that they were returned to human form of course.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2012-05-05 at 02:12 AM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Pixie in the Playground

someone will be along with the traditional image dump of welcoming shortly.
    till then, welcome aboard and feel free to enjoy the insanity.
    I request my images be encrusted with 24 karat gold lining.

Whatever amount insanity you have here, I will double it. (Inb4 Luna)

Also here's some shameless self promotion. This is a fanfic that Mactronaut gave me the idea for and I wrote (Even though the warnings are there, the chapter I have up only has some cursing in it, nothing bad): A Moment Suspended in Time

Opinions/Criticism please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    You have very good taste. What other pony can summon nuclear devastation at will?
    Littlepip, probably, but Rainbow Dash is still best no matter what.
    Last edited by TimeForSP; 2012-05-05 at 02:19 AM.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

I have no intention to end your life. Besides, you clearly do not know how my airships work. Your anti-brony laser will not affect their operations in the slightest. Now, the ones who are at risk here are your gummies. You created them (well, sort of), so it is natural that you care for them. Now, I would rather not waste my ammunition (I'm saving it for the war), so state your terms, and I shall state mine. Perhaps we can reach an effective compromise, and not set this thread on fire in the process.
    you've made a grave error, attempting to reason with a madpony
    *levels anti brony laser on maxtronaut*

wait, what's that?

Also here's some shameless self promotion. This is a fanfic that Mactronaut gave me the idea for and I wrote (Even though the warnings are there, the chapter I have up only has some cursing in it, nothing bad): A Moment Suspended in Time
    wait
    This is a fanfic
    i won't go back! you can't make me!
    fanfic
    NOOOOOooooo!
    *begins reading*
    *collects gummies*
    *winks out of existence, taking a small chunk of the floor in the process*
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-05-05 at 02:36 AM.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

29. - Top - End - #779

Wow...

*lowers pistol and walks over to Thubby's crater.*

Yep, he's gone. For now.

TimeForSP, I'm glad I brought you here. Otherwise myself, and the entire fleet would either be dead or at war. Thanks man, as a token of good will, I shall order my engineers to immediately begin construction upon your own personal airship. A heavy corvette, the first of its kind. All I need is a name...

You have any in mind?

30. - Top - End - #780

I nominate The Rainbow Crash.