New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC]

The Lokab Empire

Gwyn threw yet another would be murderer threw a nearby wall. The children she protected called her the shining lady. A simple name only a child would come up with. Then again, 'Gwyn' wasn't exactly the height of complexity.

Then Trisinigiis wrought his work, it would be much easier to feed the children now and to treat their wounds. It was a relief someone else was helping. What with Kiolasa being too busy being angry and Belsheroth thinking he should interfere no further.

She bowed to Trisinigiis, "Your help is most appreciated, I will continue to protect the children until your people arrive. Then I will leave this land to you."
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

2. - Top - End - #1412

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    The Divine Party
    Yohalles ponders for a bit I....don't know. For a long time I was....less.....a shadow....I walked through the High Roads and helped. Travelers, wanderers, then beasts of all kinds. he looks down at himself with a slight look of wonder. Then.....I am....this. I....created life. his eyes go wide I created life! I created life and gave them magic and gave them purpose and gave one an artifact and....I CREATED LIFE! Yohalles seems EXTREMELY EXCITED about this.
    The Divine Party

Lilli smiles, and then adopts a contemplative expression. "Interesting, well greetings none the less. My name is Lilli, and I govern secrets and an aspect death." She has come to the obvious conclusion that saying she is of death as a whole will anger another. "Do you know of what made us? I am... unsure of this matter." She looks to Kipt. "I assume you came from someone also?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll for Bluff game: (1d10)[3] Not including any divine stuff here, she's not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Monte Mora

Edrun looked at the two sternly and said "I just don't want any... problems," pausing to let it sink in and for the situation to hopefully die down. "Neither of you have to trade with the other if you don't want to, remember that." Edrun continued.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is pretty much anything you want, although they usually don't have very exotic sounding names. I just get lazy and take a name I already know and change some letters around.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Behind the curtain:
    Tallier=Talin (Northern Rebirth, Battle for Wesnoth)
    Pala= Paula
    Geodrick=Rodrick
    Lansa=Sansa (Game of Thrones)
    Atan=Atom
    Edrun=Edron (I made a dnd character named Edron once. Ed + Ron)
    Monte Mora

With the cool words of the guardsman, the argument died quickly, and the heat in the air between them faded.

"So be it! If this person will mess me around I won't touch his stuff!" With that, Kank turned to his boat and began sorting through items within it.

The Elthien turned to Edrun. "Ah, I apologise good sir for disturbing your time. I am Litan, would you and the guard be interested in some armour?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Free Port
    The Skull & Dagger

The man follows Parvis's lead and drains the last of his wine clearly relieved. "Very well, I'll leave you to it."

He gets up to leave, "You probably don't need it, but good luck."

With that (so long as he can) he leaves the Skull & Dagger to head towards the West End.
    Free Port - The Skull and Dagger

Parvis smiles and nods to the man's departure. Nothing hinders his path so he can leave. With peace and quiet, Parvis begins planning on how to execute this job.

Spoiler
    Show
    He still has to have a conversation with someone and I actually need to work out what he'll do to get around karma, longer post in the morning.
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Free Port

The Great Voyage

Big Momma laughs, "Contract don' do much good here childe. Your word is all that matter here. Course you don' keep it I got way o' making you pay."

Kuruk gets the very unpleasant feeling that this is by no means an idle threat.

"I wanna see Free Port prosper after all."

Sandra has a problem hiding her scowl, And you with it I bet.

"O' course childe! Why else would I want Free Port to grow?"

Sandra nearly choked, "H-How did you-"

"Ah, it's nuthing special hun, I jus' read the look on your face."

Of course it may be more than excellent darkvision, body linguistics, and luck, but it's hard to tell.
    "No contract?" Kuruk seemed crushed, but he recovered quickly. "I assure you my word is as good as these pearls. Now, we are looking for maps and guides to the other lands of the world, can you assist us?"

Razorpine Forest

The Elthiens climbed the tree without much difficulty. Lansa sat on a branch in the background, clutching her knees to her chest with one hand, and steadying herself on another branch with the other. She was wet already, but sat behind the tree and out of the rain. Atan made himself comfortable, leaning his back against the tree with legs outstretched on the branch he sat on. There was a gap in the leaves above him, making it not the best branch for the storm, but he didn't seem to mind. Geodrick stood on his branch next to Stamyn, pushing his wet long hair out of his face. "So Kiloasa controls the weather then?" he asked "Does that make a druid... more powerful for worshiping Kiloasa?" When he mentions power, his eyes glint with interest.
    "The power to control the weather is dangerous and difficult to master it. No one has ever achieved it without completing Kiloasa's test. You are far from ready for such a task." Stamyn replied. "Now, I want all three of you to work on reshaping this tree to provide better shelter from the rain. Hop to it, I don't like being wet."

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    The Lizangel was more agile than the Hippotaur but not faster - it was caught. The flames continued to tick down the Lizangel's health as it struggled to break free.
    The Hippotaur continued to squeeze the Lizangel tightly. The flames licked at both of their bodies, slowly ticking down their health, but the Lizangel's fell faster that the Hippotaur.

"Before long, the battle will be finished." Nettal said.

The Wood Of Wolves

"Alright, lets move people!" Madame Woodsworth shouted at her workers. "I want that coal out of the ground and on the rails by the end of the night. Everyone is working doubles tonight!" Her attitude was completely different from the one she had presented to King Stephen. Her eyes were cold and hard and she stood atop a platform, a whip made from bramble vines clutched in her hand. "Tell the earthshapers to get to work expanding our seams. We need to get this stuff into the storehouse as quickly as possible."

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ettin in the Playground

The Unimed Goblin Emirates

Stood for three thousand years. Counting their many blessings, given to them by lady Aor and by their Lord Merolle, even in their long absence, through the aid of their metallic ancestors.

Through all these long millenia, emir Adil ruled the emirates, the geasans giving him an iron fist with which to do so forever.

He regreted the deal somewhat, because the whole situation gave him a new... Perspective. A perspective on just how much they had... lost.

Oh, not the shining domes and spires of Geasa, far from that. Aor had given them wonders to match in the field of architecture, with Merolle's blessing, of course, how could any mortal ever create true wonder without the blessings of the Master of all Crafts.

What they had lost know not be measured and known simply through a visit to Geasa. The grandeur, the splendor. Nothing of it came close to it.

The peace, the happiness, the tireless, timeless freedom, and most of all, the genius, the genius gifted by Merolle. As an iron lich, Emir Adil knew everything that goblinkind had lost. He also knew all they had gained from it. They gained hunger, filth, the touch of the ages, the shackles of needs. It was depressive, infuriating, and these were both things they had gained with their flight. It was a sad respite to know that they had returned, a little, to Merolle's graces.

With all that knowledge came a bit of a... What is the word, another little gift from the ancient benefactor of the goblins... Yes, loathing. Hatred, indeed. The same idiotic, deplorable feeling that consumed their detestable cousins in the Lokab Empire to the north. All of it rankled in his very soul.

Lady Aor, rest her immortal essence for he knew she would not return to them, would have to forgive him, because he could not.

The doors to his throne chamber opened, and his advisors stood stiff, with a cold sweat, as two great horrors from times long past walked through the doors, their dark, metal skin blurring them against the surfaces of the Iron City. In between them was a small man clad in adamantine, one could think him a goblin, for he was the right side, but he was not.

"Emir Adil, friend, what can we do for you on the fine dawn of this new millenium?"

The doors shut slowly behind Nicabod.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dun dun duuuuuun.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Troll in the Playground

Isanloff kept floating onwards, even as Ombra vanished. It didn't take him even a second to use his power to order his wards to extend the offer of escape from suffering to everyone in the world. How was it slavery when he was granted mortals the keys out of misery?

Spoiler
    Show

4 + 2 PAP enter

AP 1 Bless: The offer to enter "The final Respite" is now available to everyone. Either I could RP a daemon coming to each important character in the game, or (And i prefer - its not that hard, each daemon''s personality is different so not worries on messing that up) everyone just Rp's people taking the deal or not. I'm frankly going to assume that 1/4 of the worlds population would be glad to take this deal ...you can argue with me over OoC, but i generally think people want to be happy, and would gladly take false happiness over real suckitude (which the world is btw... imagine living in westeros [ which this world reminds me of, with its southern empires and northern winter] ...so many peasants and people down on their luck would choose to enter the respite....but again up to you

3 + 2 PAP leave

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

A Random Field

First-Touched and his brethren scoff at the daemon's offer and continue their work in earnest

The Divine Party

Ah.....I am....migration and....wandering he thinks a bit and giggles. Two things so different and yet alike.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Divine Party

The War god watched the ensuing mayhem with some interest, listening to the words and whispers of the other gods, but they all became distracted, and so did Vargull. He had dreamt endless war. It was time to bring dreams to the world of the mortals.

Vargull, the Avaricia

Appearing quietly in the place of the Avaricia, the Daemons, Vargull spoke softly, but his divine voice carried to every corner of the daemons home. "I hear those who live here, do good work. Perhaps I could be of some assistance."
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post

Vargull, the Avaricia

Appearing quietly in the place of the Avaricia, the Daemons, Vargull spoke softly, but his divine voice carried to every corner of the daemons home. "I hear those who live here, do good work. Perhaps I could be of some assistance."
    Cherubael graciously greeted the god (they didn't get many visitors).

My lord, welcome to our humble abode, sorry for the cold. Our lord protectors mark. How may I assist you?

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Avaricia

Vargull smiled as Cherubael appeared "Well, I was thinking I could assist you, or we could assist each other at least. I've heard that you help the mortal folk alleviate their suffering, and I was thinking of a way we could do just that, I thought it be just the type of work you do too."

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Troll in the Playground

Cherubael smiled in turn. This god reminded him of lord Daazo. They had so much more fun under Daazo than his father.

What do you have in mind, my lord?

11. - Top - End - #1421

BlueWizardGirl

Tresingiis let's out a sigh of relief at Gwyn's response. " I've got to help them as much as I can before my people are ready to come over here." Tresingiis knows that with starvation, thirst, and sickness, people start to go mad. Social order breaks down when scarcity such as this occurs, and it becomes a free for all with raids and gangs. He hopes he can act quickly, and with enough force so that does not happen. " I've no idea how to keep social order in such a catastrophe. Not with so many goblins. "

Spoiler
    Show
    I'ts 11:30 here, I'll do a long post in the morning, and tell about what the Cretaum do, but I'm going to sleep. Also, a question. I have named characters that aren't heroes. Can I do that? And if I can, was I right to assume their speech must be uncolored?

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Cherubael smiled in turn. This god reminded him of lord Daazo. They had so much more fun under Daazo than his father.

What do you have in mind, my lord?
    "Well, I have been absent some time as you know, and upon awakening I found the world to be much changed from what it once was. Especially now with the goblin empire falling with the return of the gods, and the reign of the tyrants in the north, it seems suffering is ripe in the world. But ah, the Knights of Gwyn, and the Calsanctium, they still know how to treat their people, how to ensure safety, stability for all. And I hear they recently went out of their way to help some... less fortunate neighbors who are not quite as gifted as themselves. I was just thinking, what if you here, and I, could help them bring this safety, this stability, to ALL the people of the continent, maybe even the world. Surely, under the watchful eye of those Knight Orders the people of the world would be far better off... of course, to get there, they might need some help from such enterprising and generous folks as you and I, to help them see the righteousness of this course, and to help them achieving these... noble goals."

13. - Top - End - #1423

The Former Free Cities

"Are the preparations for the king's arrival complete?"

"Yes sir." Jennifer stood next to the Imposter, she was at ease, having yet to hear of Sophia's disappearence.

"The bodies have been buried?"

"Yes sir, he won't even notice a stink when he gets here."

"Good, the last thing I need is for that fool to hold anything against me."

"Yes sir."

A chill wafted into the room and a daemon stood there, "Greetings, my name Katuk and I am here to make an offer."

The Imposter listened patiently as the offer was made, Jennifer was thoroughly confused. They were by all means evil, she had no illusions. What they did was evil, what they wanted was evil, but here this being was offering them paradise.

"And all I have to do is say yes?"

"Quite right sir."

"And is this an open invitation?"

"Of course sir."

"Then my answer is not yet, come back to me when I've finished my designs or I've been beaten, then I will take you up on your offer."

The daemon bowed, "Very good sir and you Jennifer?"

"My answer is the same."

With that the daemon departed and the Imposter grinned,

"How fascinating, tell me Jennifer are the reports from the Lokab Empire true?"

"Yes milord."

"Then let's hope they aren't stupid enough to refuse this deal. Cause I think I've decided our next stop."

Spoiler
    Show
    Pausing for LA's plan to take come into play

Also please assume only 1/8 of the knights take the deal, they are very proud of the idea that they're taking other people's places in Hell and don't seek happiness.

Free Port

Big Momma smiled, or at least you think she smiled, "No problem childe, Willy!"

Willy entered the room, "Yes Big Momma?"

"Take our guests to the Explorer's guild."

"No problem Big Momma,"

He turned to the knights and Kuruk, "Follow me."

Spoiler
    Show
    If you want you can write the daemon encountering them

When a daemon came to Big Momma she merely asked it, "Now why would I do a thing like that? Free Port need me after all."

And with that the daemon departed, leaving a concerned Big Momma to wonder how much population she just lost.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assume 1/3 of Free Port's population takes the deal (it's not the best place in the world)

Sophia

She had stopped for the knight a good fourty miles east of the capital already. She still didn't know what she was looking for. Suddenly a chill came over her and the ground frosted. She looked up to see a tall man with a blood red cloak bow to her.

"Greeting Sophia I am Abdul, pleased to make your acquaintince."

Sophia sprang up with sword in her hand, "What're you?!"

Abdul arched his back, "Apologies lady Sophia, but I am-"

"Wait," Sophia grabbed her head more images flooded into her brain, "You're an Avaracia, creation of Daazo the Avaricious one."

For the first time in his very long life Abdul was suprised, "How do you know that young one?"

Sophia smiled, "I wish I knew."

After a moment of uncertainty Abdul pressed forward with his message and gave her the choice, the daemons had given all the others. Her response was not attypical for a knight.

"Your offer... it's really tempting, but I just can't. I'd be abandoning my vows, the code, my resonsibility as one of Father Halasht's children," She had no idea where that came from, but she knew where the next did.

"I just, I can't let what I've seen stand."

"And what have you seen child?"

"Deception, slaughter, an endless war brought about under the guise of unity. I have to stop this, even if it means an eternity in Hell."

Abdul shook his head, "You knights, you never cease to amaze, very well, know that this offer has no expiration date. As long as you are alive, this offer is open to you."

"Thank you Abdul." It took her a moment but she remembered the blessing the priests of Belsheroth were always saying, "May you always know kindness."

"And you as well Sophia, I look forward to seeing what you do with yourself."

With that Abdul disappeared.

The next morning Sophia got an early start. Bit some jerky and headed east. Beyond the borders of the Kingdom and into the land that once belonged to the Vinterike. Little did she know, she was being watched.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll get to the rest of this admittedly elaborate set up either tomorrow or Wednesday

The Hidden Isle

King Charles VI was not in a good mood. Last night a daemon had offered him a deal, he had said no of course, why should he believe such a deal? But when his morning tea was ready he heard the news a fourth of his people were missing. Obviously they didn't share his misgivings.

In truth, it was okay. Most of the people who left weren't irreplaceable and within four weeks the Isle was functioning properly again. Still, it grated Charles' nerves that his subjects would be so soft hearted. Was their life really so bad on the Isle? That they would abandon their duties?

Charles sighed, in truth he no longer needed to even think about colonization, it would take a decade to regain their losses. Besides the people needed to mourn, 25,000 people weren't easily forgotten in the hearts of the loved ones they left behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think it's safe to say King Charles VI will be staying, but about 1/4 of the population just disappeared (we'll call it even distribution among racial lines).
    Gwyn, The First Knight

14. - Top - End - #1424

Quote Originally Posted by Exachix View Post
    The Divine Party

Lilli smiles, and then adopts a contemplative expression. "Interesting, well greetings none the less. My name is Lilli, and I govern secrets and an aspect death." She has come to the obvious conclusion that saying she is of death as a whole will anger another. "Do you know of what made us? I am... unsure of this matter." She looks to Kipt. "I assume you came from someone also?"
    "Yeah, my father is Kiloasa." Kipt responds 'I take it you guys know him, he kind of threw this party."He adds, leaning back as if to relax. "And for myself- I'm the god of loove." As he says the last bit, Kipt moves his arm around Lilli's shoulder.

Razorpine Forest

Geodrick nods in understanding. Already standing, he gets right to work on the task, physically moving branches with a good druid imitation. Before long, Atan is tugging at branches above him as well. He makes little progress in actually covering the rain, but he moves the branches well. Lansa on the other hand begins moving only the branches in close proximity to her; with each branch the rain seems to stay off her more and more.

Monte Mora

"It's no problem. This is just what I do." Edrun said, slightly more gruffly than he intended to. "I'm sorry, but right now the guard has all the armor and supplies that it can afford." He sounds embarrassed to hint that the guard is on a budget.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-07-03 at 10:11 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, I have been absent some time as you know, and upon awakening I found the world to be much changed from what it once was. Especially now with the goblin empire falling with the return of the gods, and the reign of the tyrants in the north, it seems suffering is ripe in the world. But ah, the Knights of Gwyn, and the Calsanctium, they still know how to treat their people, how to ensure safety, stability for all. And I hear they recently went out of their way to help some... less fortunate neighbors who are not quite as gifted as themselves. I was just thinking, what if you here, and I, could help them bring this safety, this stability, to ALL the people of the continent, maybe even the world. Surely, under the watchful eye of those Knight Orders the people of the world would be far better off... of course, to get there, they might need some help from such enterprising and generous folks as you and I, to help them see the righteousness of this course, and to help them achieving these... noble goals."
    But my lord, we are to offer each person paradise... that is the nobler goal is it not? But mortals refuse us... all we want to do is reduce their suffering, but they turn us down. We both know why. They don't know the true face of suffering yet...war. A war would show them the way into our arms - the end justify the means, yes? A war, a world war, to drive everyone to the brink of despair, and then they turn to us - and we have vanquished suffering. What say you? The noblest goal... a war of suffering to end suffering?

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Avaricia

"I don't see why these goals need be mutually exclusive. The people of the north, in the free cities, in the lands of the goblins, they think they know suffering now, but what about when the Tyrants send all of their resources to hold to what little they have, leaving their people to starve, what about the free peoples, their homes have been a warground now, how about when the wyrms, and the lycanthropes, and the sorcerors come south to ravage their lands once more? What about when the Knights come to the Goblin lands, how will they know friend from foe, innocent from villain? And in all these places, more will take refuge in paradise... but even then, some will hold on, some will stay behind, some will cling to what they have. Who better to care for those who are left behind, than those most virtuous of souls in the Calsanctium, and of the Knights Orders, those who forsake their own happiness to ensure others do not suffer? It's a win win, but it will be hard fought, and some of those knights might need some... help, prosecuting their grand crusade to unify the world and end suffering, once and for all."

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Kilasa vanished just as the dagger was about to pierce his heart. There was a gust of wind and the Arch-Druid reappeared behind Belsheroth. Vines came up from the floor, trying to entangle themselves around the god of death's feet.

I don't give a 햄버거 about the 이웃집 아저씨 Empire! A country is NOTHING without its people! YOU killed them, and you refuse to admit it! I will drag you before every god in creation and force you to admit to the genocide of my children and you will be judged for it, Belsheroth. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS REMOVE THE SEAL AGAINST DEATH but NO! You had to go and strike down every goblin that stood against you. Were your feelings hurt, Belsheroth? How do you think I feel, you 난 널 사랑해? They are my children, and the DESPISE ME! You are nothing to them, and you are nothing to me. The words that Kiloasa uttered were so absolutely vile that the universe itself would not allow them to be heard. Kiloasa raised his axe over his head and brought it down hard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I know there are other ways to render curse words, but I figure deific curse words deserve some special treatment. I apologize if anyone is Korean. The words I typed into Google Translate are (in order): "Hamburger", "Uncle" and "I love you" .

Also, the vines are going trying to wrap around Belsheroth's legs and arms, pulling him down on his hands and knees so that Kiloasa can deliver an executioner's strike.
    Belsheroth fell to the floor at great speed, a crack heard as several bones broke, and was entangled by the vines. Kiloasa's axe pierced his chest, utterly destroying his heart. Wracked with pain, Belsheroth began to cough up blood.
    So concerned... with those... you... can't help... Millions still suffer... and die... but... instead... you seek... vengeance!
    Unable to move while impaled with the axe, Belsheroth idly thought of leaving his broken and dying physical body behind him and returning to the state of energy he was when he was born. But he decided against it.
    He brought up one hand to his blindfold and removed it. He would look upon the face of his assailant.
    Has your... lust... for blood... been satiated Nephew? There... is much that... needs doing...
    He was wracked by spasms as his nervous system began failing and he erupted into a coughing fit. He looked directly into Kiloasa's eyes, his voice momentarily strong.
    Remember the living who need you.
    It would take some time to recover from these injuries...
    The light in the sky got ever closer, many Gnomes looking up at it briefly out of curiosity.

The Entrance to the Forests

The shard Belsheroth had there was still connected somewhat to his main presence. It continued to work, but much slower and in complete silence.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Draken: I'm just assuming that they would find an unusual light in the sky momentarily distracting before they ignore it to go back to their work.

@Elricaltovilla: Yep. You nearly killed him. But he'll be fine, he has another body out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    The Wood Of Wolves

"Alright, lets move people!" Madame Woodsworth shouted at her workers. "I want that coal out of the ground and on the rails by the end of the night. Everyone is working doubles tonight!" Her attitude was completely different from the one she had presented to King Stephen. Her eyes were cold and hard and she stood atop a platform, a whip made from bramble vines clutched in her hand. "Tell the earthshapers to get to work expanding our seams. We need to get this stuff into the storehouse as quickly as possible."
    Spoiler
    Show
    What on Earth is she up to?

The Calasancti Capital

One of the nurses came in with fresh sheets for Sophia. The girl had been drifting in and out of consciousness for weeks, it was wonder she was still alive.

"Poor thing, may Belsheroth heal you Soph-" the nurse stopped as she opened the door.

Only to find Sophia's bed stripped and a trail of sheets leading out the window. The nurse dropped the sheets and ran down the Hall. "Marren! Marren!"

When she finally found him all she could get out was a sobbed message, "She- Sophia- She's gone!"

On a Stolen (she left some gold) Horse Riding East

Sophia rode hard, she knew. The dreams had told her, Captain Eric wasn't really Captain Eric. No one would believe her, they'd call her crazy or worse a traitor. Her only hope was to confront this Imposter directly, but that was suicide, at least as she was now.

The image of a sword decorated in runes danced in front of her. She knew that if she found this sword she'd have a chance against this imposter.

Spoiler
    Show
    I will get to the rest later.
    Marren had finally decided that it was alright for him to go get a proper breakfast, and she runs off. Still, there was nothing for it, she had every right to leave... But still... She could get hurt in her weakened state.
    He comforted the nurse.
    It's alright Sister. I'll see if I can find her and make sure she's alright.
    He thought to himself for a moment... Yes, he could easily explain his journey. He's just say he was visiting the countryside to lend aid to village clerics. And he'd borrow a horse off his niece. She was rich enough to have several.
    But, he'd need to find out where she went, and he knew just the person who could help him...
    A daemon appeared and spoke to them both.
    No. Now be gone from this place.
    The nurse hesitated for a moment before speaking.
    "My answer is also no."
    Very well then. Know that the offer still stands should you change your mind.

The Guardian Temple

As Nameth walked down into the crypts below the Temple to pay his respects for Saint Maela as was tradition, an Avaricia appeared and bowed before him, frost forming on the ancient silver memorials.
    Greetings High Ecclesiarch. I am Polaris of the Ava-
    I know what you are Daemon. And how dare you defile these sacred halls with your presence!
    Polaris ignored that and continued on with his offering, only to be interrupted four words into it.
    So you come to the most sacred place and seek to corrupt us? Begone!
    Ahem... As I was saying... Lord Isanloff has created a way-
    Lord Isanloff can create whatever he wants. But I know all about your kind!
    Nameth did not become High Ecclesiarch without studying, after all.
    Now leave, before I make you leave!
    This put Polaris in a tricky spot to say the least...
    At least let me finish outlining my offering, you don't even know what it is yet.
    I don't need to know.
    Կորի փոթորկալի ոգին!

A beam of silver light struck the Daemon, banishing it from Ashkharh.
    He also didn't become High Ecclesiarch without practice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assume almost no Clerics took the offer. It's kind of against their vows to protect others at the cost of everything else if need be.
    Some of the Clerics are probably going to overreact and try and banish the Avaricia that try and talk to them, like the High Ecclesiarch did, but that would be an unlikely event.
    Apologies for that by the way.

The Former Free Cities

"Are the preparations for the king's arrival complete?"

"Yes sir." Jennifer stood next to the Imposter, she was at ease, having yet to hear of Sophia's disappearence.

"The bodies have been buried?"

"Yes sir, he won't even notice a stink when he gets here."

"Good, the last thing I need is for that fool to hold anything against me."

"Yes sir."

A chill wafted into the room and a daemon stood there, "Greetings, my name Katuk and I am here to make an offer."

The Imposter listened patiently as the offer was made, Jennifer was thoroughly confused. They were by all means evil, she had no illusions. What they did was evil, what they wanted was evil, but here this being was offering them paradise.

"And all I have to do is say yes?"

"Quite right sir."

"And is this an open invitation?"

"Of course sir."

"Then my answer is not yet, come back to me when I've finished my designs or I've been beaten, then I will take you up on your offer."

The daemon bowed, "Very good sir and you Jennifer?"

"My answer is the same."

With that the daemon departed and the Imposter grinned,

"How fascinating, tell me Jennifer are the reports from the Lokab Empire true?"

"Yes milord."

"Then let's hope they aren't stupid enough to refuse this deal. Cause I think I've decided our next stop."

Spoiler
    Show
    Pausing for LA's plan to take come into play

Also please assume only 1/8 of the knights take the deal, they are very proud of the idea that they're taking other people's places in Hell and don't seek happiness.
    Approaching the Knight's stronghold in the Former Free Cities

King Stephen never travelled light. Some things were essential for a king to travel with anyway.
    He rode at the head of the column, wearing his armour and his sword across his back. Riding at his left and his right were his two most trusted bodyguards, High Priestess Janela and Lord Carrin. The Cleric and the Sorcerer could handle almost anything that would come their way. Behind them was the one hundred soldiers of the King's elite guard mounted on warhorses and armed with spears. Behind that were all his servants, officials, luggage and troops.
    All in all, a thousand rode South. They would camp out in the fields surrounding small towns and farmsteads where the King would appropriate the best rooms and flood the local economy with gold.
    It was great to be out in the clear air away from the smoke of Snow Haven and the King enjoyed every moment. (Especially seeing as his Kingdom had just increased in size. A lot.)
    Well, except for the second day when it rained and the cart containing the honours he was going to bestow on the Knights got bogged down...
    But still, they arrived on time and were ready to see the Knights.

Marren in a Less-Than Reputable Part of Snow Haven

The Scarlet Falcon was both classy and a shady establishment, known to have more than a few fights each evening. But Marren walked in boldly nonetheless and strode up to the bar.
    It was unlikely that anyone would guess he was a Cleric in the plain travelling clothes and dark cloak he wore.
    I'd like to see "Lady" Nureen.
    "Lady Nureen hasn't been around here for a few weeks."
    I'll repeat my question because you obviously didn't understand me...
    Marren grabbed the barkeep by the front of his shirt with one hand and produced a knife with the other. It was great to be able to increase one's strength...
    I said... Where is "Lady" Nureen?
    A woman got up from a table in a dark corner, her appearance shifting from short and blonde to tall with dark hair. She was very attractive either way.
    High Priest Marren. I haven't seen you in years.
    What have you been doing?

Helping the poor of course.
    You're looking thirty years too young.

Hush. It's not polite to talk about a lady's age.
    I too have been helping the poor, just in a different way. Come, sit down.
    Barkeep, you're most expensive vintage.

Back at their table, wine in hand, they began to discuss matters.
    I must say Nureen... The way you handled the case of that murdering psychopath was good. Hanging from the gates of the Castle? Excellent touch.
    Oh, you know me. Can never refuse an opportunity to show up the King. It was his cousin after all.
    So, I can tell this isn't a social visit... Or you would have visited me in prison. You know, where I live.

I needed to talk to you without the guards overhearing. I need your help with something.
    Of course, I'm naturally in your debt. Who do you need killed this time?
    No one. Yet.
    I just need help tracking down a former patient of mine. She vanished in the night and I'm concerned.

Escaped crazy lady who may harm herself and/or other? Not my usual work, but I am still indebted to you for all those times you saved my life... If only your work was dangerous enough for you to need saving.
    She sighed.
    But I'm going with you. The prison guards have been getting careless, and if I escape again it'll make them shape up. I just cannot abide it when people don't do things right.
    Now it was Marren's turn to sigh.
    If you have to. Meet me at my niece's house as soon as possible. She's promised to lend me a horse and I can easily convince her to lend me another.
    Don't bother, I'll get one myself.
    From the King's stables again?
    No, I was thinking of taking the warden's horse this time... You know, make my escape more humiliating to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming that over three thousand years, the various forms of magic have filtered throughout the Empire. And as such, "Lady" Nureen is a vigilante Sorceress specialised at tracking people and evading detection.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #1428

GnomeWizardGuy

The Divine Party

Yohalles leans in as if to whisper something to Kipt and then attempts to lightly whack him upside the head. Hands off thr sibling if you would. is what he says if the whack connects. Yohalles almost feels offended. He's just met what is most likely (by her smell atleast) his older sister and already some sod is trying to make a move on her!
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

19. - Top - End - #1429

Divine Party (or whats left of it)

Kipt complies. "My apologies, friend. I did not mean to turn this situation awkward." Kipt says. He sighs "Sometimes I just can't help myself... do you ever find yourself wandering without meaning too, Yohalles?" He says this in a friendly tone to try to help relieve the awkwardness.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-07-20 at 05:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1430

The Former Free Cities

As the king approaches Leiutenant Jennifer with around ten knights rides out.

"Hail King Stephen, I am Leiutenant Jennifer of the Order of the Spear. Will you allow us to escort you in?"

Sophia

It was the dead of night, Sophia slept under a rocky outcropping, determined not to dream. She did anyway.

She also a deep, dark cave with a light coming from within and next to her was a huge man. There were no traps, no monsters they simply walked down the cave. There was light at the end of it, but it wasn't the sun.

She entered a massive chamber with high vaults and a single pedestal in the middle. Inside the pedestal was the sword. The very one she had been looking for.

"GO!" The man behind her shouted, she turned and to her horror saw that he was changing.

"GO!" She ran for the pedestal, the man finished changing and took the form of a massive wolf, he bounded after her.

She held out her hand and-

A noise at the edge of camp woke her with a start. "Who's there?" She asked retrieving her sword. "Answer me!"

After a long moment a massive man dressed in furs came from behind a rock and stepped forward.

"Apologies miss, I didn't mean to startle you."

He had a feral look in his eye, "You're a Lycanthrope," Sophia said automatically, those freaking images needed to stop entering her head.

The man was taken aback, "How?"

She shrugged, "You smell like one."

The man roared with laughter, "I smell like- What's your name girl?" "Sophia," "Well Sophia, call me Thomas. Regardless, the night is cold, will you let me rest by your fire?"

Sophia was too tired to argue, so she nodded instead. Thomas sat across from her, they spoke for a time and Sophia had enough to go on. Thomas was the huge Lycanthrope terrorizing the countryside, but it wasn't really his fault. The full moon drove him insane.

Of course, she couldn't be certain that her instincts weren't just insane delusions, not until she found the sword. Thomas fell asleep first, according to him he'd been travelling all day, probably trying to get away from people. It would be so easy now, to simply slit his throat, to end it all. But the code rang in her skull,

"A knight is no executioner, he may never kill a helpless opponent."

And after a time, she fell asleep as well.

The Next Morning

When Sophia awoke, Thomas was gone, for the best she supposed. She heard footsteps coming closer, she drew her sword. Thomas came into the rocky alcove this time carrying two rabbits.

"A thank you for not slitting my throat in the night, Sir Sophia."

"So you knew."

He nodded, "In truth I'd hoped you'd kill me, your cowardice would reflect poorly on you in the afterlife, but not on me."

Sophia raised an eyebrow, "But you'd be dead."

"Yes and with Father Halasht's horde, running the fields with my ancestors. I can think of nothing better."

"You seek death then?" "All Ice-kin do we seek out the foe who can kill us and when we finally do die, we struggle with the greatest warriors who ever lived in Father Halasht's horde. Not the clumsy men with sticks here."

"Are you talking about the knights?" "No, knights aren't clumsy, just very loud."

He began devouring his rabbit as Sophia cleaned hers. She tried not to look at the disgusting display in front of her.

"What brings you up here Sir Sophia?" "I'm looking for a certain item."

"Hmm and would this item be a sword by any chance?"

"You've seen it!?" "Yes, these mountians are my territory, I'll take you there on one condition."

Sophia's heart sank, "And what is that?"

"When we find it, you use it to kill me."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Avaricia

"I don't see why these goals need be mutually exclusive. The people of the north, in the free cities, in the lands of the goblins, they think they know suffering now, but what about when the Tyrants send all of their resources to hold to what little they have, leaving their people to starve, what about the free peoples, their homes have been a warground now, how about when the wyrms, and the lycanthropes, and the sorcerors come south to ravage their lands once more? What about when the Knights come to the Goblin lands, how will they know friend from foe, innocent from villain? And in all these places, more will take refuge in paradise... but even then, some will hold on, some will stay behind, some will cling to what they have. Who better to care for those who are left behind, than those most virtuous of souls in the Calsanctium, and of the Knights Orders, those who forsake their own happiness to ensure others do not suffer? It's a win win, but it will be hard fought, and some of those knights might need some... help, prosecuting their grand crusade to unify the world and end suffering, once and for all."
    Nobel goals indeed, but what would you have us do? We must remain neutral so any could turn to us in their time of despair and seek salvation. If we help, then it must be behind the shadows. Hidden in the wind.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Avaricia

"Indeed. So then, you must go secretly to those who you believe would be most willing to accept your offer, those who would take your power to do this noble thing for the world. They must be told to keep the source of their powers hidden, and of course you cannot go to all the knights in these orders, some would surely be less than ideal to accept this gift, and of course those who do accept cannot accept a contract on behalf of others... so when you find these moral Hierarchs among the Knights ranks to accept this gift, perhaps you should empower them, so that they might take a contract of their own to be accepted by their knights... in the form of a newly forged renewal of their knightly oaths. No Knight would refuse such a renewal and update of their oaths, and will accept it willingly. And for those who you will seek out, should they wish to become something like the liches, that of course would not do. Recent events suggest that they would draw far too much attention to themselves. Instead, offer them an alternative form. They still look little or no different than before, and they will be able to hide their powers. These powers, and the blessing and contracts of the knights, will be my little gift as well as yours."

Spoiler
    Show
    Can someone spend AP on another's behalf if given permission? Like, I would want/be okay with you posting the daemons going to the knights and offering the contract, but I'd like Vargull's AP used (at least partially) to bless and make the new creatures

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

That all sounds good, but I am afraid the knights are among the first to distrust us. We hold wondrous power, but the ability to shield our forms is not one of them. Instead I propose we make contracts with others, lets say clerics of Angels, to make contracts with the knights to offer them power in exchange to reaffirm their vows. Once they have the power they shall sweep throughout the world on another crusade bringing suffering to their own people and other, so others will turn to us and in the end we increase happiness. Sounds like the plan!

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull nodded a bit "Well, that might work. Of course... well, how closely have you been watching the mortal world recently? You have found those few among the mortals who would deal with your ilk in the past... I think there might be some Knights who would listen to your offer at least, and they might even spread the good word to their fellows, in time. If that doesn't work of course, I AM a god, I could grant you the ability to change your shape, disguise yourselves. If you so wish."

25. - Top - End - #1435

The Divine Party

Lilli reacts calmly to the most recent exchange, not showing any outward signs of being on either side of that discussion, instead she addresses the initial point. "Ah, Kiloasa. It was nice of him to hold this gathering."

Monte Mora

"A shame." Litan sighs and picks up his sample, before turning back to Edrun. "Well, take this sample, on me, as a donation if you would prefer." He adopts a friendly smile, not seeming to be threatening in the slightest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Merely trying to get the guard to accept something they can track and target with. For fun and profit

Free Port - Parvis

Parvis had spent a great deal of time gathering, contemplating and organizing. He stood in his darkened room, poisons bubbling away, staring at a set of notes he'd pinned to the wall in his fight against karma.

"I see you're settling in."

Parvis turned in shock, an on that chest sat a figure concealed within robes, legs crossed and heavy leather boots evident. Parvis returned a curt bow to his Lady.

"Your Grace. Finally a pleasure to meet you. I see you've returned."

The figure laughed. "With no major loss to my power, indeed. Now, I come to confirm your station." In saying this, she flicked a hand to her right, with a purple flicker and sparks appearing for a moment. Although the rest of her was covered, Lilli's hands were not, and on her right wrist a bracelet with amethysts was evident.

Parvis nodded. "I've moved here. I was unaware you were so interesting in our mortal affairs."

"Why would I not? No need to let my people run around." She looks around the dark room. "You should lighten up in here." Another hand wave, and glow with no visible source permeated the room, and only the room. "This is a fine place you've found, full of prey and predators, and targets."

Parvis smiled to Lilli, and nodded. "A fine place to hide. In plain sight no less."

Lilli grinned, not that such a gesture was visible. "Let me reward such a resourceful fellow, I am going to grant you knowledge, for some secrets are better spread out." She paused, and contemplated. On the table in front of Parvis appeared a scroll, bound and in a leather case gilded with high quality silver. Parvis picked it up and opened it, seeing words of occult information. "That scroll contains knowledge of divination, use it well and spread it among your fellows."

Parvis nods, and hides the scroll within his vast desk, he then turns to his patron. "Milady, we've received a contract from... someone of great power."

"Interesting. Is there a problem with the case?"

"Oh no, I just am attempting to circumvent karma in doing so, but I think I can, it'll take time, but I can."

"Ah." She stands. "I'm sure you'll work it out. I'm going to make it more complex for you my friend. Because I'd like you to kill him in a specific manner." She whispers into the ear of her high priest, and then turns. "With luck, my good friend."

With those words she fades, taking her illumination with her. In the relative dark of the room, Parvis begins to assimilate the scroll, while making notes to send to other members.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd have had the Daemon visit him now, but I think being met by two beings at once would have been claustrophobic.

AP: 12
    -4 Create Fabled Concept, Divination - This magic is the tool for knowledge-seeking that every scholar has dreamed of. With it, scrying and question-solving is possible, but for the sake of peace of mind future sight is not available to mortals. Within the art of divination also lies the ability to ensure some things are kept secret.
    AP: 8

Fell Knife Holds

A number of the Fell Knives were greeted by a single Daemon as they returned to their safe houses and bases of operations. Esarbeth, as he introduced himself to them, was here to off them a great paradise, free from toils and troubles. With glad hearts and glad minds, some of the order took Esarbeth up on his wondrous offer. Most of the Fell Knives remained, but even removing some of the slaughterers was a boon.
    Last edited by Exachix; 2012-07-04 at 08:02 AM.
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1436

GnomeWizardGuy

The Divine Party

Yohalles absent-mindidly reaches his left foot up and scratches his ear, balancing on his right leg. I've been....this....for less than a day. I've been.....two places. The High Roads where I....began. Then Kiloasa.....spoke in my head.....told me to come here......I was hoping for......answers.....allies.....friends.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

27. - Top - End - #1437

Divine Party

"Indeed, this was a good idea" Kipt says in response to Lilli. He tries to make eye contact, attempting to read her for any signs. "You really are new, then." he replies to Yohalles "Anyhow, your people are welcome to stop by the Fertile Valley, and of course Monte Mora any time."

Monte Mora

"Well..." Edrun says, contemplative. He doesn't completely trust Litan, but sees no reason not to. In the end, courtesy and reasoning win; after all, they really are only supported by donations. "Thank you for your generosity" Edrun says with a false smile. He lays the armor on his hippogriff, and is off. "good day."
    Spoiler
    Show
    In that case, do you want to jump forward to Edrun being tracked down?

28. - Top - End - #1438

Divine Party

"Indeed, this was a good idea" Kipt says in response to Lilli. He tries to make eye contact, attempting to read her for any signs. "You really are new, then." he replies to Yohalles "Anyhow, your people are welcome to stop by the Fertile Valley, and of course Monte Mora any time."
    She is mostly intrigued by her brother, but also seems distant, as if she's tending to affairs elsewhere at the same time.

"I'm sure Kiloasa would like to speak to you personally at some point, when he gets back." She begins to smile faintly. "There was a minor disagreement."

Monte Mora

"Well..." Edrun says, contemplative. He doesn't completely trust Litan, but sees no reason not to. In the end, courtesy and reasoning win; after all, they really are only supported by donations. "Thank you for your generosity" Edrun says with a false smile. He lays the armor on his hippogriff, and is off. "good day."
    Spoiler
    Show
    In that case, do you want to jump forward to Edrun being tracked down?
    Litan bows. "A pleasure helping friends." He watches Edrun depart, before turning and wandering off.

A keen-eyed viewer will note a coin drop from Litan and make it's way over to Kank.

Spoiler
    Show
    The plot thickens! (add more water).

Also certainly, though I'm happy for one of his lieutenants to be caught and dealt with.
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1439

Monte Mora

In the end, the armor ended up being worn by Akric, the Kalpan head of the guard force. The guard had been recruited today by a crazed ranger turned captain of a ship. The Elthein seemed like a distinguished citizen, with a decent trading empire under him that he acquired by trading Hipogriff eggs. Only recently had he turned paranoid. Akric, the leader of the patrol he had recruited for security, was told things like "The Bloody Lady has returned," and "The Guild is coming for me." Best he could tell, the man was either delusional, or made some kind of enemy in the Fell Knives, or both.
    Anyhow, Akric had promised him that he would see his ship out to sea, and was accompanied by three Kalpans and two Elthiens, both mounted. How the man's crew still was willing to sail with him remained a mystery to Akric.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-07-03 at 08:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1440

Ice-kin lands

Halasht's envoy wandered amongt Isngurd, one of the Ice-kin cities that had risen in the past three millenia. What was this? Statues, dedicated to some wyrm? Bah! The envoy, invisible to all, shook his head, remembering the day the lizards were to be feared and hunted, the slayers gaining great prestige. The envoy walked, coming upon a shrine dedicated to one of the great beasts. Men served in the temple, gathering coin and food as offerings for protection. Pathetic. The envoy spat, still unseen, and wandered Isngurd still.