New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 10

Quuuaaaad!

Oops. Lol anyway, hey everybody. Lurking around but I decided to make account! Plus I pretty much had to to play a PbP game here anyway. >.>

Oh well hopefully I'll get to talk with a lot of people here and make some friends. :D

Right now I'm mostly playing 3.5e with a bunch of my friends. Not all in the same group though. Hopefully this PbP game starts up soon as well.

As you can see I'm an anime fan. Otaku? Sure I don't care. Lol.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Pixie in the Playground

Riverdance, yeah, I tried to submit but it gave me an error message, so I went back and clicked submit again. Blasphemy and madness ensued.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground

Ah, I've been checking out stuff to get some online D&D going and found a link to this place through that RPtools website. I haven't really played an actual tabletop RPG before other than a few incredibly loose sessions when I was in elementary school, I have played a lot of games with various D&D rules, like that Baldur's Gate 1&2, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale 1&2, Neverwinter Nights, and The Temple of Elemental Evil(which has the greatest turn-based combat system of any game I've ever played), so I know what up. I've been wanting to play with Fourth Edition rules for awhile, I managed to get a large assortment of books from someone incredibly cheap and I've been enjoying looking through them and trying to find someone to play with.

Anyways, I'm an abrasive fringe bastard who is never satisfied. I'm mainly drawn to tabletop gaming because it seems like it offers a much greater degree of freedom, storytelling, and fun experiences than modern video games provide. Actually, many aspects of tabletop are attractive to me, like creating my character, writing up their background, thinking of a personality for them, and all the technical aspects involving stats/skills/feats/numbers.
    Beliar!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by urikson View Post
    Riverdance, yeah, I tried to submit but it gave me an error message, so I went back and clicked submit again. Blasphemy and madness ensued.
    Yeah it happens to me too

Welcome Flame Haze and CommieCatGirl!
    Many thanks to Ceika for my Avatar

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

I am new here as well... so I just want to say hello to all... and to welcome other new members as well.

6. - Top - End - #186

Hello. So how is everyone?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hello everyone! I've been viewing the forums here for sometime now and thought that it was time to jump on in. I'm fairly new to the whole rpg scene however I've been having a blast with it so far. I'm looking for other members of the community that are interested in either play by post or chat campaigns. Specifically I would enjoy something in the Warhammer Multiverse however I am open to new/different campaigns.

I look forward to getting to know you all and hope to hear from you soon!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Hello to all, Im blue, have been on a monthish but just started to try to respond. Currently im in South Korea, from the US.

A stupid question, but how do people get different titles, like under my name it says pixie in the playground, some people are trolls and giants and such, how do you change that?

I play DDO on occasion and am the DM of a group here right now. Always looking to play in online games via skype on anything. I just love to play.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everybody who is reading my post! I signed up a long time ago and have spent very little time posting anything at all. I originally signed up just to ask a question about homebrewing some table top rpg stuff with a few buddies of mine but now we don't play as much. So I've returned and think I might try out some play by post stuff... any suggestions for a newbie to the play by post realm of gaming????
    “We'll be saying a big hello to all intelligent lifeforms everywhere and to everyone else out there, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys.”

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Wowowow! So many new entries!
    deep breath...

hello, ponycandle codyage cybric blue1005 mr_hero, welcome (or welcome back) aboard!

PS: mr_hero, I invite you to check the forum rules... avatars (and signature images) must be static.
    Last edited by Killer Angel; 2012-09-20 at 06:29 AM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Hello! I've been reading OOTS for several years now, but I just decided to sign up today. Can't wait to meet you all!

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

For older school (editions) gaming you can also visit:

www.unseenservant.us

The games there are great and the dice roller excellent.

But otherwise the PbP section of this board is pretty hopping.

Be well and welcome!
    Awesome Rutger Hauer Jugger Avatar by Thormag
    OSRIC Wiki & Site
    I play at The Unseen Servant PbP Forums

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been wanting to try out a PbP game. Googled "play by post," got this forum (among various others), and saw this particular thread, which looked interesting because: 1. I really like GURPS, 2. low-powered horror campaign, which sounds challenging and interesting.

The rest of this forum looks pretty cool, too; I shall probably make some OOC appearances on the various other boards here.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey. Meggy here - read OotS (is it that or OoTS?) and liked it, decided to look at the forums and thought it seemed like a nice place. I've been trying to start playing RPGs, thought this might help a bit.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everyone, I love OotS and I think Rich Burlew is a genius! I signed-up to the forum to explore it better, and post/reply. Cheers. =)

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

AH, fresh meat!

Welcome aboard, xen0phile and Meggy (OotS it is ).

And, most of all, welcome to fabiob, another fellow italian! Where are you from?
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey, all.

Long time lurker who decided to make an account. I DM and play 3.5. Just wanted to say "Hi".

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcome to the forum, trollburgers! Can I interest in some of our fine play-by-posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Angel View Post
    And, most of all, welcome to fabiob, another fellow italian! Where are you from?
    Run! It's an invasion!
    Once more, I'll greet my once fellow countrymen with "Ciao, paesŕ!"

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hey all!

Long time fan of OoTS, but I'm really new to the board. I play D&D 3rd ed and d20 Modern mostly, but I'll give anything a shot.

I look forward to some pretty awesome (insane) conversations with you all!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Halfling in the Playground

smile Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 10

Hello members of this fine forum, I have been reading OotS for months and just recently I noticed the forum and decided to sign up.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Greetings everyone -

I've been a long time browser of the GITP Forums for the wealth of knowledge and information that is offered here. I must admit, I've never seen more fruitful discussions regarding rules and concepts than I have here.

Well I figured it was finally time to step in and see if I can offer useful opinions, understanding, and experience - or at the very least offer the occasional humorous anecdote.

The skinny - I've been gaming for almost 15 years, playing and reading everything I could get my hands onto. I've been a sanctioned DM for various things, not that it matters for anything other than the experience, and I've worked in 2 gaming stores, and owned 1. (our area doesn't have the support for the number of them we have) I still run an online store when I can, specializing in Miniatures, Dice, and Fantasy Flight Games. The store isn't there to make me profit, I originally designed it to be a Gaming store, for the gamers - by a gamer. Its sole intent was to get things to gamers without marking the prices up to obscene levels, and to support the activities of a group (Gamer's Guild). (I won't post links because I'm not advertising.)

I've been homebrewing for as long as I've been rolling polyhedrals; everything from Feats to entire game systems. And I've played my share of Homebrew, from an amazing game with rules so convoluted that only one man could run it - to a Necromunda spinoff with rules so simple anyone could run it (but the story was/is amazing!). So if it's a game, I've probably played it - but forgive me if I am a little rusty as I don’t always recall all of the rules from a BESM system, or Palladium (I have sacrificed many of my waking hours to Kevin Siembieda's work and)

So I suppose this is where I tell you that I like long walks on the beach, a good cigar from time to time, and the occasional bottle of Jack Daniels - or Chrystal Head Vodka.

Okay, so I don't really like the beach - but I didn't want to sound like an alcoholic.
    "Why do you call it Thumb Stew again?"

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, I'm The LOBster. You guys can call me Mike, though. If you couldn't guess, I'm kind of a big fan of the Eberron setting. I started with 4e, but I'm starting to think 3.5 sounds more like my kind of game. I'm not too big on Pathfinder, though - I just really like the variety of settings D&D offers.

In my spare time, I write little drabbles about my four 3.5 characters - a Warforged (Not sure what class to pick - I want him to fight unarmed, but using his natural armor), Human Warblade, Raptoran Ranger, and Shifter Rogue (planning on PrCing her into a Techsmith).

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

A warm welcome to GunnDancer, Courier6, m457ersp00k and The LOBster.
    Feel free to help yourself to the buffet, especially our wonderful selection of desserts.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

24. - Top - End - #204
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello all, I have arrived and are very happy to be here. I am, as always, very thankful for spell-check, without which I would be too self-consious about my Absolutely horrible spelling (which I have corrected) to post anything online

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everyone! I've been a lurker for some time now just decided to make an account. I'm happy to finally be apart of the community and hope to contribute as much as I can.

26. - Top - End - #206

Welcome ElfGift and smoes! I love the autocorrect too, for although I am a good speller, I am a hasty typer. The downside is it changes things like "Smoes" to "Shoes."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

So the floaty finally joins! That'd be me yeah. Been lurking for a while and finally got too full of things to say that i registered and broke a key or two typing untill my fingers caught fire. If that doesn't tell you I have alot to say about almost everything; I also have a (yet to go up) video and live stream about both tabletops, games and media in general.

I am a game student, writer, a DM and I design tabletops for a hobby. So... yeah. Expect wall of texts and some pre-set opinions. Fair warning, I usually view the crunch as a way to support and manage the fluff rather than restrict it. The tools should not govern the creation, and so on. So, you know. You've been warned. OMAHGAWD IT'S ONE OF THOSE TEATRE GEEKS. well. Not really. the only acting I do is by voice. Either way. Just thought i'd introduce myself and give everyone a chance to RUN FOR THE HILLS!!

Fun to finally be able to write here. For me that is. Maybe not so much so for anyone else.
    You ever punched a polarbear for making you miss the buss? It's fun.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Greetings my fellow Internetures, Geeks and LARPers.

Sincerely,

YashaTheBest

P.S. Just saying hello.

29. - Top - End - #209

Welcome Mistwing and Yasha! Good to have you here!

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Hi all! New here and I'm sure I'll be hitting some of you up for tips soon.

Thank you in advance