New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

OK, let's discuss Zanaril's ascent/descent into motherhood in The Other Place.

Are people working on any pairings? I'm still mulling over Redcloak/Haley, but I think I should be able to produce something by the end of the week.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Are people working on any pairings? I'm still mulling over Redcloak/Haley, but I think I should be able to produce something by the end of the week.
    I'm jotting down ideas for V/Aandy.

How do Silent/Stilled spells work?
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    I'm jotting down ideas for V/Aandy.

How do Silent/Stilled spells work?
    Silent spells are just that - no verbal components, +1 to spell level. You can cast them while gagged, underwater, etc.

Stilled spells have no somatic components, which means you can cast them while grappled, manacled to a bed, etc. +1 to spell level.

May the Gods watch over Aandy.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-22 at 02:06 PM.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

Silent spells are just that - no verbal components, +1 to spell level. You can cast them while gagged, underwater, etc.

Stilled spells have no somatic components, which means you can cast them while grappled, manacled to a bed, etc. +1 to spell level.

They don't take up any extra components? And you have to prepare them Silenced/Stilled?
    DeviantArt

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

They don't take up any extra components? And you have to prepare them Silenced/Stilled?
    No extra components, but as noted a 2nd level spell becomes a 3rd level Stilled or Silent spell. Or a 4th level Stilled and Silent spell.

Wizards have to prepare them Silenced/Stilled. Sorcerers do not, but casting them is a more involved process (goes from a move action to a fullr-ound action).

― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Colossus in the Playground

...Oh God.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    ...Oh God.
    Don't listen to him. He's just jumping to conclusions.
    DeviantArt

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Barbarian in the Playground

my goodness Aandy, keep A magic mouth at your door and/or window.
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

9. - Top - End - #1029

You forget that this is the crack pairings thread.

Uhm, did you like my story?

Has anyone ever done HaleyCrystal?
    Uhm...Well, one, I think. A little while ago. Check the archives on the first page.

Coffeelicious? What would that entail?

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

I borrowed this ring from a psychopathic halfling specifically so I could clear large conclusions in a single leap. Are you telling me I shouldn't have bothered?

― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

I borrowed this ring from a psychopathic halfling specifically so I could clear large conclusions in a single leap. Are you telling me I shouldn't have bothered?
    I'll withhold judgement until you bring down that jar of cookies from the top shelf.

Back on topic, anyone got any suggestions for how V might try to flirt with Aandy?
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-22 at 03:11 PM.
    DeviantArt

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

I'm far too impatient to wait until Saturday to post this.

Spoiler
    Show

Dear Inkyrius,

Good idea or not, I've already sent the letter. I promise that I won't get you in trouble. If he does determine that I sent the letter and confronts me about it, I can always blame it on teenage impulsiveness. (I wonder if he would believe me?)
    You ask what my parents would say? Have you forgotten everything that happened when they visited for my hundredth birthday? (I wish I had.) Inkyrius, my parents would say, "How good that little Suvie is finally learning about the joys of love!", then they would give me advice on how to write flirtatiously. It's exasperating sometimes. I mean, they are supposed to be role models for me, not the other way around! They act so irresponsible about so many things. I feel uncomfortable just thinking about some of the things they do in front of me.
    I have heard that normal parents are quite insistent that their children not perform, ah, physical displays of affection on a whim. How I envy those with normal parents.

Your Friend,
    Vaarsuvius
    P. S. I am truly sorry about the incident with the cheesecake. Just so you know, Aarindarius lectured me until my ears ached and I wasn't allowed near the kitchen for several months afterwards.

It feels kind of incomplete. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Symmys; 2010-02-22 at 03:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

AHA! i know what they did with the cheesecake.

they thought the cheesecake was too boreing, so in an effort to spice things up, they combined their powers in bakeing and magic, and made a cheesecake GOLEM! it was only a foot high, but the damage it caused was unfathomable. some suspected it may have been a fruitcake golem in discuise.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-02-22 at 03:13 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Symmys View Post
    Maybe could do with being slightly more ranting? I think V would have more to say when complaining about her parents.
    DeviantArt

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Maybe could do with being slightly more ranting? I think V would have more to say when complaining about her parents.
    Ah, that would work. I'll just edit in a rant before anyone else notices... >_>

16. - Top - End - #1036

ClericGuy

I'll join Coffee and icaseflare in saying, "...Oh God."

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    AHA! i know what they did with the cheesecake.

they thought the cheesecake was too boreing, so in an effort to spice things up, they combined their powers in bakeing and magic, and made a cheesecake GOLEM! it was only a foot high, but the damage it caused was unfathomable. some suspected it may have been a fruitcake golem in discuise.
    Awesome! ...Now you've made me suddenly hungry.
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Symmys View Post
    I'm far too impatient to wait until Saturday to post this.

Spoiler
    Show

I like it. Sorry I can't help you much, but my parents were fairly cool so I never had much to complain about.

And we all know that it is unwise to let V into the kitchen.

I'll withhold judgement until you bring down that jar of cookies from the top shelf.

Back on topic, anyone got any suggestions for how V might try to flirt with Aandy?
    SALMON LEAP!!!

Cookies are the best way to still a queasy stomach. Not many people know that.

V is very shy and very socially inept. She might blurt it out and then cover her face in shame? I don't think we'll see anything elaborate, á la "cover the floor with rose petals and drape herself naked across his bed."
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-22 at 03:44 PM.

― Tim Fargo

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I'll join Coffee and icaseflare in saying, "...Oh God."
    ...I'll keep this in mind for later.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-22 at 03:45 PM.
    DeviantArt

19. - Top - End - #1039

asta your link is broken

20. - Top - End - #1040

V is very shy and very socially inept. She might blurt it out and then cover her face in shame? I don't think we'll see anything elaborate, á la "cover the floor with rose petals and drape herself naked across his bed."
    Who would do that in the comic?

And you never said what Coffeelicious would entail.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

Covering the floor with rose petals and draping oneself naked across the bed.
    DeviantArt

22. - Top - End - #1042

Covering the floor with rose petals and draping oneself naked across the bed.
    No, that would probably be Janine's, ah, "trademark".

What about Zanaritude?

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Who would do that in the comic?
    I have a friend to whom it happened, actually. She said it was... interesting.

I hoped someone else would weigh in... Water-Smurf has a very characteristic style, so it's easy to think of something for her.

Twisted, like seeing the world through a kaleidoscope? Something like that.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-22 at 04:03 PM.

― Tim Fargo

24. - Top - End - #1044

I have a friend to whom it happened, actually. She said it was... interesting.

I hoped someone else would weigh in... Water-Smurf has a very characteristic style, so it's easy to think of something for her.

Twisted, like seeing the world through a caleidoscope? Something like that.
    *Grabs popcorn*

Note that this WILL have a useful application for doing my crack pairings. How can you NOT do the reaction to that, or even not pass up something hilarious like that in a future crack pairing?

(Oh, and you spell kaleidoscope with a K.)

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

What about Zanaritude?
    That's where you lock two people in a room then watch through the keyhole.
    DeviantArt

26. - Top - End - #1046

here is my quick continuation of coffee's story

Spoiler
    Show
    Sabine was near the shower room. What was talking Nale so long in the shower? Surely he couldn’t be using it just to bath. Besides, she needed to wash up, and he was using all the hot water. And if he was still showering, she could “join in”.

Sabine walked into the shower room. Steam was all around and the air was humid, nothing special. She heard a commotion in the next room. She could hear moans and other sounds. What in the 9 hells was happening over there. She ran into the room, with the intent to find out this mystery.

Sabine was shocked at what she saw Nale and some elf doing. “It is not what it looks like sweetie!” Nale shouted, trying to explain this situation. “It was for science, to figure out the gender!” “Well then what was it? “ Sabine said, also curious. Those elves are mysteries even she doesn’t fully know. “We’ll let’s find out together.” With that she jumped into the fray.

there ya go

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Banned

*Takes out giant key and seals keyhole*

...Wait...wrong type of keyhole...

Hrmmm, i may get something more up later this week, i have a couple of ideas.

"Silly organic"
    "Stupid machine"
    "Illogical organic"
    "Tin Can"
    Last edited by Closak; 2010-02-22 at 04:13 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by icastflare! View Post
    here is my quick continuation of coffee's story

Spoiler
    Show
    Sabine was near the shower room. What was talking Nale so long in the shower? Surely he couldn’t be using it just to bath. Besides, she needed to wash up, and he was using all the hot water. And if he was still showering, she could “join in”.

Sabine walked into the shower room. Steam was all around and the air was humid, nothing special. She heard a commotion in the next room. She could hear moans and other sounds. What in the 9 hells was happening over there. She ran into the room, with the intent to find out this mystery.

Sabine was shocked at what she saw Nale and some elf doing. “It is not what it looks like sweetie!” Nale shouted, trying to explain this situation. “It was for science, to figure out the gender!” “Well then what was it? “ Sabine said, also curious. Those elves are mysteries even she doesn’t fully know. “We’ll let’s find out together.” With that she jumped into the fray.

there ya go
    *laughs*

Poor V. She won't have any levels left. But she'll probably think it was totally worth it.

No, that would probably be Janine's, ah, "trademark".
    Speaking of which... *gerbil eyes*
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-22 at 04:18 PM.

― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #1049

I want a trademark.

30. - Top - End - #1050

...I don't get it.

And you never told the story! Please? It'll be good inspiration.

Nice continuation, Icastflare.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-02-22 at 04:24 PM.