New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Hands_Of_Blue View Post
    Joke. Bad one I guess.

But now that I think about it, I can't remember any instances of Ra's and Savage interacting in comics. Huh.
    Why would they? All they have in common is "immortality". While talking about Savage though, how has he not been trapped under an avalanche for eternity yet? Or does that happen alot but someone digs him out accidentally/on purpose?
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Um, based on what, exactly? He hasn't shown up in the show yet.

Zevox
    There's a YJ associated action figure of him, though, which indicates that he'll at least be in the show. Same with Ra's.

Light member speculation away:

Spoiler
    Show
    He's speculated to be L-1, since the silhouette somewhat matches his profile and the aforementioned action figure means he has some role in the show.

L-2 and L-3 are Ra's Al ghul and Lex Luthor respectively. They share the same voice as Ra's and Lex and match the profiles.

L-4 is voiced by Marina Sirtis, who is confirmed to be the future voice of Queen Bee. Queen Bee's profile from her brief appearance matches the silhouette. L-4's one voiced appearance was the episode dealing with Queen Bee's Bialya.

L-5 is voiced by Roger Craig Smith, who also voices Prince Orm. Orm is known in the comics to be Ocean Master and the silhouette matches Ocean Master's appearance. He was the one who addressed Blank Manta during Downtime.

L-6 has a French accent and a dome sillouhette. These two aspects indicate it is the Brain.

L-7 has yet to have spoken and his/her silhouette is.. odd. The inhumanly long neck and prongs on the head indicate something nonhuman. Current speculation is that L-7 is a white martian.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

There's a YJ associated action figure of him, though, which indicates that he'll at least be in the show. Same with Ra's.

Light member speculation away:

Spoiler
    Show
    He's speculated to be L-1, since the silhouette somewhat matches his profile and the aforementioned action figure means he has some role in the show.

L-2 and L-3 are Ra's Al ghul and Lex Luthor respectively. They share the same voice as Ra's and Lex and match the profiles.

L-4 is voiced by Marina Sirtis, who is confirmed to be the future voice of Queen Bee. Queen Bee's profile from her brief appearance matches the silhouette. L-4's one voiced appearance was the episode dealing with Queen Bee's Bialya.

L-5 is voiced by Roger Craig Smith, who also voices Prince Orm. Orm is known in the comics to be Ocean Master and the silhouette matches Ocean Master's appearance. He was the one who addressed Blank Manta during Downtime.

L-6 has a French accent and a dome sillouhette. These two aspects indicate it is the Brain.

L-7 has yet to have spoken and his/her silhouette is.. odd. The inhumanly long neck and prongs on the head indicate something nonhuman. Current speculation is that L-7 is a white martian.
    Ooh, good going. I had suspected you could do that, but I'm not good enough at getting the comparisons going, since I mostly just watch when it airs and don't normally go back to review the episode.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Joke. Bad one I guess.

But now that I think about it, I can't remember any instances of Ra's and Savage interacting in comics. Huh.
    They did once, in an issue of Outsiders that I believe was released two years ago.

But I'm guessing the new DC reboot could erase that. Who knows.

I haven't been keepin up with YJ because I'm usually too busy to watch it on Fridays, but I'm probably going to start it up again so I can find out who the light are.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    While talking about Savage though, how has he not been trapped under an avalanche for eternity yet?
    Why would he have been?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Why would he have been?
    Cracked told me so! (Though if you cant kill him since he reforms from meteorite magics, why hasn't some REALLY pissed off guy who doesn't mind trapping people for eternity buried him and made it impossible for Savage to escape? He's a really evil guy but no one traps him in an old abandoned mineshaft?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Cracked told me so! (Though if you cant kill him since he reforms from meteorite magics, why hasn't some REALLY pissed off guy who doesn't mind trapping people for eternity buried him and made it impossible for Savage to escape? He's a really evil guy but no one traps him in an old abandoned mineshaft?)
    It was Cracked's reason why being immortal sucks. That eventually the possibility of you getting trapped somewhere reaches 100%

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    It was Cracked's reason why being immortal sucks. That eventually the possibility of you getting trapped somewhere reaches 100%
    Don't forget he's also Cain or at least was I think thats being changed in the reboot

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Eventually. Savage has been around for a few thousand years. I find it hard to believe the odds have even reached 1%, let alone 100%.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Don't forget he's also Cain or at least was I think thats being changed in the reboot
    Except that Cain already exists in DC canon (he lives in The Dreaming), so that doesn't make sense.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Well, whether or not the Vertigo comics are a part of the main DC canon tends to vary.

For example the main DC universe has a whole bunch of Deaths that aren't a perky goth chick. Nekron, Black Racer, Black Flash, etc.

And aside from Cain Savage has also been Alexander the Great, Vlad the Impaler, Blackbeard and a bunch of others.
    Two by two, hands of blue.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Eventually. Savage has been around for a few thousand years. I find it hard to believe the odds have even reached 1%, let alone 100%.
    Also, if you dont go anywhere near places where avalances occur, then the risk wont ever go past 0%.

Also, if he ever actualy get stuck somewhere, then he does have a cult or something, that would go digging after him soonish.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

After hearing that Greg Weisman is involved with Young Justice, I caught a couple episodes of this show. The animation's top notch. The stories are good. The VA is excellent. A terrific series, all in all.

So, when is it getting cancelled?
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2011-09-19 at 06:12 PM.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    After hearing that Greg Weisman is involved with Young Justice, I caught a couple episodes of this show. The animation's top notch. The stories are good. The VA is excellent. A terrific series, all in all.

So, when is it getting cancelled?
    Well, it's at least scheduled for a 20-episode second season, and we still have 16 left on season 1. So, not for a while at least.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Except that Cain already exists in DC canon (he lives in The Dreaming), so that doesn't make sense.
    Its complex. I all ways saw Cain in the Dreaming as the concept of Cain otherwise why would Abel be there as well.

Oh and Savage is Cain and also not Cain He didn't have the concept of being Cain until the church of crime fulfilled the prophesy. though then the mark of cain was returned to him and he was litteraly Cain walking the earth.

Also this was when Vertigo was still not quite part of DC cannon
    Last edited by Devonix; 2011-09-20 at 06:48 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Young Justice Joker looks awesome. So awesome.

Ok, I haven't seen this anywhere so I'm going to throw this theory out here. Superboy's teacher knows hes a superhero (was at Happy Harbor, and NONE OF THEM WERE WEARING COSTUMES then). Superboy doesn't even have glasses or "amnesia vision". He has an inside-out shirt. The teacher was in another episode too, not sure which one it was. He could just be a superhero-press secretary, or hero, but thats alot of work. Correcting work and hero-ing is hard. Does he have a name?
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-09-20 at 11:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Young Justice Joker looks awesome. So awesome.
    I agree, he looks young, but they manage to make him not look like a punk at the same time.

Based on the commercial I saw earlier today the voice actor they got was good too. From everyone that has voiced him, I usually don't think anyone besides Hamill is fit for the animated joker's voice.*

*Well, based on Under the Red Hood, either him or John Dimaggio.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elrik View Post
    I agree, he looks young, but they manage to make him not look like a punk at the same time.

Based on the commercial I saw earlier today the voice actor they got was good too. From everyone that has voiced him, I usually don't think anyone besides Hamill is fit for the animated joker's voice.*

*Well, based on Under the Red Hood, either him or John Dimaggio.
    When I found out Red Hood wasn't going to have Skywalker voice the Joker, I was sad. I got it anyway. I love it, Dimaggio is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

When I found out Red Hood wasn't going to have Skywalker voice the Joker, I was sad. I got it anyway. I love it, Dimaggio is awesome.
    Especially when he asks for a glass of water...

I actually didn't realize that John Dimaggio was even in Under the Red Hood until the flashback when the Red Hood/early Joker falls into the vat, sounded like a frightened Jake.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elrik View Post
    Especially when he asks for a glass of water...

I actually didn't realize that John Dimaggio was even in Under the Red Hood until the flashback when the Red Hood/early Joker falls into the vat, sounded like a frightened Jake.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    *eats a potato chip*...Can I have some water? *smash* *slice* *bam BAM-BAM BAM*... And I'll need some guys. Not these guys though, because well they're kinda dead.

Edit: Ok, the ending was a bit obvious.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huge Strange. Tackled. Iceman. HUGO STRANGE!
    I really like these interpretations of characters. Amanda Waller is badass. This has creeped out my happy shipping of Miss Martian and Superboy though. Yes, they are Southern, and your hinting incest. How wonderful...
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-09-23 at 07:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

New episode.

Superboy and Miss Martian go undercover in Belle Reve Penitentiary. So many villain cameos.

Spoiler
    Show
    It finally brings back that multiple ice villain plot thread from the first episode. And Amanda "The Wall" Waller was awesome. I also wonder why the Light wanted Riddler out of jail.
    Last edited by Hands_Of_Blue; 2011-09-24 at 01:11 AM.
    Two by two, hands of blue.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

I liked it.

Spoiler
    Show
    It was good to see Superboy use his brain rather than just pound his problems into submission. I absolutely loved Icicle Junior's reaction to the kiss.

I'm not sure whether my relative ignorance of comic book characters was a boon or impediment here. On the one hand, there were tons of cameos that just went over my head. On the other, I didn't know the psychiatrist was a villain.

Also I watched it just a scant few minutes after watching Brave and the Bold. By the time I got used to Batman's suit he was gone.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I too enjoyed this episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    I also wonder why the Light wanted Riddler out of jail.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually get the feeling that Eddie Nigma escaping wasn't planned at all. Hugo seemed amusedly surprised when he spoke of it. I believe their real end goal was to get Hugo in the Warden's chair, with the breakout shaming Waller enough to be forced to resign. While the breakout failed, it was close enough to make Waller step down.

I do hope she shows up later. As leader of Checkmate or commanding the Suicide Squad or something.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

I too enjoyed this episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    I actually get the feeling that Eddie Nigma escaping wasn't planned at all. Hugo seemed amusedly surprised when he spoke of it. I believe their real end goal was to get Hugo in the Warden's chair, with the breakout shaming Waller enough to be forced to resign. While the breakout failed, it was close enough to make Waller step down.

I do hope she shows up later. As leader of Checkmate or commanding the Suicide Squad or something.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So are all the villains on small doses of steroids? Hugo Strange. Tackled. Ice Senior. Was a crazy ass tackle too. Superboy and Miss Martian, now incestuous! Just to make the shippers uncomfortable! I liked this episode alot, but seeing Riddler get picked on... you'd think Mr. Freeze would help out a friend! They did do a teamup SOMETIME right?
    /ships Waller and Strange???
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-09-24 at 12:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Just caught the new episode on Youtube (was working when it aired).

Spoiler
    Show
    For some reason I thought Hugo Strange's name was familiar when it was first given at the start there, but I still can't place it. The only thing that's coming to mind is Marvel's Doctor Strange, which obviously can't be it. Just what is his role in the DCU?

Good episode. Glad to see them revisiting the ice villain situation, and confirming their ties to The Light (which is getting ridiculous in how many villains it encompasses). I wonder what the point of getting Strange installed as the new Warden is, particularly since apparently it was more important than breaking the prisoners out of jail. Also wonder what role Riddler will have to play, since obviously his escape wouldn't have been mentioned if he isn't going to pop back up. I'd agree that it doesn't sound like he was part of The Light's plan, given how Strange and Icicle talked about it, which could make him an interesting wild card.

Seems every episode of the show just raises more questions about The Light. With more than half the season still to go that's fine, but I hope we start getting more answers than questions, say, as we approach episode 20 and up. For something as big as this seems to be I don't know if they can just spring all the answers on us in the last few episodes and have it not seem rushed.

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Just caught the new episode on Youtube (was working when it aired).

Spoiler
    Show
    For some reason I thought Hugo Strange's name was familiar when it was first given at the start there, but I still can't place it. The only thing that's coming to mind is Marvel's Doctor Strange, which obviously can't be it. Just what is his role in the DCU?

Good episode. Glad to see them revisiting the ice villain situation, and confirming their ties to The Light (which is getting ridiculous in how many villains it encompasses). I wonder what the point of getting Strange installed as the new Warden is, particularly since apparently it was more important than breaking the prisoners out of jail. Also wonder what role Riddler will have to play, since obviously his escape wouldn't have been mentioned if he isn't going to pop back up. I'd agree that it doesn't sound like he was part of The Light's plan, given how Strange and Icicle talked about it, which could make him an interesting wild card.

Seems every episode of the show just raises more questions about The Light. With more than half the season still to go that's fine, but I hope we start getting more answers than questions, say, as we approach episode 20 and up. For something as big as this seems to be I don't know if they can just spring all the answers on us in the last few episodes and have it not seem rushed.

Zevox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hugo Strange is a long time Batman villain. He's going to be one of the big villains in Arkham City.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hugo Strange is a long time Batman villain. He's going to be one of the big villains in Arkham City.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh. Must be a coincidence that his name sounds familiar to me then. Either that or it's because of the similarity to Doctor Strange. Or I have heard of him once and just remember unconsciously. Because he's certainly not consciously familiar to me reading over that wiki page.

Zevox

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    As soon as I saw Waller and Strange were in charge of Belle Reve, I knew Light was involved. Waller had previous connections to Cadmus, so I was wary of her, but Strange I was certain would end up being up to no good. Their (the Light's) plan didn't so much surprise me as much as it reminded me that I don't always see anywhere near deep enough into the game to guess the next move correctly.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Banned

Anyone catch last night's episode?

"Dude, that's your sister!"

Last edited by Dr.Epic; 2011-09-24 at 03:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    Anyone catch last night's episode?

"Dude, that's your sister!"

What do you think our whispering behind grey boxes was all about?