New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rpgsr4me's Ravenous, Roaring, Raging Rampage of Random Banter #134

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Speaking of let downs . . .
    Because of my stupid schedule for the past week I kindly emailed my tutor telling him how crazy it was and that while I was still going to do my essay it might not be as long as it should be.
    Really, it was a courtesy email, because that's what we were told to do. If we were going to have lots of things going on in one week, especially relating to extra-curriculars it was polite to notify your tutor.
    So I did.
    He snarked back saying things along the line of "extra-curricular activity is no excuse for sub-par work" and things along that kind of degrading putdowns.
    I fail to see how "not as long as it should be" or "I will still try to keep the standard of my work as high as possible" deserve that kind of cutting remarks.
    Frankly, I was offended.
    Especially as some other pupils did (if you pardon my language) crappy, half-assed essays that were barely 1200 words long and handed them in without any explanation for why, or even emailing him in advance they'd have troubling writing the essay for [insert reason].
    So, people of the Playground, when I see him for my tutorial should I tell him how offended I was?
    I mean, smeg, I haven't had such a derogatory piece of correpsondence since I was in Y11 and received a anonymous note from a class member telling me I was a '[censored]ing whore who didn't deserve to live'. And I consider what my tutor sent me worse than that because we're meant to be two adults etc. etc.!
    That's... that's really frustrating. I hate the situations where you get punished for going the extra mile. Still, making a direct confrontation is probably more stress than its worth. If he's going to snark at you for admitting you're having time constraint issues, he's probably going to pour it on even harder if you tell him that bothered you.

Without seeing the actual response, I'm not too sure what to suggest, but if you really feel he was out of line (it definitely sounds like it), you might consider registering a formal complaint with the department.

...Then again, my favorite English professor once drove a girl to tears, and when she complained about it, he put the formal complaint on his door like a trophy. Does this guy have tenure, do you know?

edit: Oh wait, tutor. Reading comprehension, activate. Yeah, definitely register a formal complaint.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2009-11-30 at 05:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Cold, cold, coldity cold.
    Why's it so cold here?
    Why are my hands always so cold?

That reminds me, I should defrost the fridge and start packing to go home. One essay left. One lecture left. One rehearsal left. One performance left. One tutorial left. One seminar left. One Bop left.
    It's the Final Countdown!
    I failed my saving throw as well.

Oh, one lot of laundry left.

The repetition of the simple sentences above is really rather strange to look at. "left" is a funny word.

Last week concentration is at an all time low. I have very little written, and my mind keeps floating away. I'm almost doing free association here.
    Need to take my recycling out Friday, mustn't forget that.

What should I go as for the Bop? Christmas theme. They'd better put on some properly cheesy Christmas songs. If I don't here Slade I will feel exceptionally let down.

Speaking of let downs . . .
    Because of my stupid schedule for the past week I kindly emailed my tutor telling him how crazy it was and that while I was still going to do my essay it might not be as long as it should be.
    Really, it was a courtesy email, because that's what we were told to do. If we were going to have lots of things going on in one week, especially relating to extra-curriculars it was polite to notify your tutor.
    So I did.
    He snarked back saying things along the line of "extra-curricular activity is no excuse for sub-par work" and things along that kind of degrading putdowns.
    I fail to see how "not as long as it should be" or "I will still try to keep the standard of my work as high as possible" deserve that kind of cutting remarks.
    Frankly, I was offended.
    Especially as some other pupils did (if you pardon my language) crappy, half-assed essays that were barely 1200 words long and handed them in without any explanation for why, or even emailing him in advance they'd have troubling writing the essay for [insert reason].
    So, people of the Playground, when I see him for my tutorial should I tell him how offended I was?
    I mean, smeg, I haven't had such a derogatory piece of correpsondence since I was in Y11 and received a anonymous note from a class member telling me I was a '[censored]ing whore who didn't deserve to live'. And I consider what my tutor sent me worse than that because we're meant to be two adults etc. etc.!
    Why are you cold? I guess it is the weather. The windchill could be responsible. As for keeping your hands warm, I recommend gloves.

As for the tutor, I think you should tell your tutor or a higher authority, preferably the higher authority, about said tutor's lack of professionalism. This behavior should be an indicator of his lack of effective performance and the three standards of professionals: be polite, be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet handle potentially stressful situations.
    Last edited by Assassin89; 2009-11-30 at 05:47 PM.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

3. - Top - End - #783
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SweetRein View Post
    I believe you should. Just, make sure you don't reference the "other students" thing, and try to keep it frank but nice in tone. Your tutor may have just been in a bad mood and misread your intent.
    I think I'll just email him telling him I took offence to some of what he said and it's general tone. Not as confrontational as telling him in person.
    And the reason I was so offended by it is that he's normally such a lovely person; and then to be suddenly snapped at for going the extra mile was upsetting.

@everyone else: I won't take it any further than that, I wasn't really planning to (Phoe: he definitely has tenure. He's a fellow of the college) as it really is out of character for him.
    Probably baby troubles. He's just come back from paternity leave.

Zherog, if you are still active, wth?
    Very much 'whut'?

@Destro: it is! Our Bops play it every time we get into the last half hour of the party.
    Ironically, our final song for the last two has been DOn't Stop Me Now.

Tonight I'm gonna have myself
    A real good time
    I feel ali-i-i-ive
    And the world
    Turning inside out, yeah
    I'm floating around in ecstasy so

Don't stop me now
    Don't stop me now
    'Cause I'm having a good time
    Having a good time

I'm a shooting star
    [sth] through the sky
    Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity
    I'm a racing car
    Passing by like lady Godiva
    I'm gonna go, go go, there's no stopping me
    I'm burning through the sky yeah
    Two hundred degrees
    That why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit
    I'm travelling at the speed of light
    I wanna make a supersonic man out of you

Don't stop me now
    I'm having a good time, I'm having a ball
    Don't stop me now
    If you wanna have a good time
    Just give me a call
    I don't wanna stop at all yeah

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

That Guinness commercial wins.

And yeah, that one's awesome too. You and your Queen

The theater group at my old high school actually has a tradition of singing Bohemian Rhapsody before every show.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah. Well, that seems like it makes sense. I hope the situation resolves itself peacefully and to your satisfaction. And then also that your last everythings go smoothly, and the time between here and vacations is filled with fun.

And... maybe a pony?

6. - Top - End - #786

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    And yeah, that one's awesome too. You and your Queen

The theater group at my old high school actually has a tradition of singing Bohemian Rhapsody before every show.
    I have two musical obsessions: Queen and glam rock. Queen is glam rock (occasionally), so what best to love other than Queen?
    And Bohemian Rhapsody is a frankly amazing song, and really good for warming up too.

*goes to listen to again*

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Ah. Well, that seems like it makes sense. I hope the situation resolves itself peacefully and to your satisfaction. And then also that your last everythings go smoothly, and the time between here and vacations is filled with fun.

And... maybe a pony?
    It should do. I've really got not much else to do, and my only sticky point is starting my accursed essay.
    Nobody likes introductions.

No ponies!
    Horses and ponies freak me out! Hate them I do! Evil, insane things with those huge buggy eyes and irritating neighs.
    A cat on the other hand . . .

Now for an awkwardly timed shower! I love nighttime showers, noone else queues up for them so you can take age and use all the hot water.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

I have two musical obsessions: Queen and glam rock. Queen is glam rock (occasionally), so what best to love other than Queen?
    And Bohemian Rhapsody is a frankly amazing song, and really good for warming up too.

*goes to listen to again*
    Due to my love of David Bowie, who also is glam rock (occasionally), I would argue for collaborations of Queen and Bowie.
    However, as to not place you under pressure for doing so, I will emphasize, that is just me.

A cat on the other hand . . .
    Me~yow (alternatively, Nyu~u curly-san)

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ettin in the Playground

Due to my love of David Bowie, who also is glam rock (occasionally), I would argue for collaborations of Queen and Bowie.
    However, as to not place you under pressure for doing so, I will emphasize, that is just me.
    Clever, clever. =P

*picks up kitty, snugglepets* ^_^
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ettin in the Playground

Now for an awkwardly timed shower! I love nighttime showers, noone else queues up for them so you can take age and use all the hot water.
    I wouldn't mind waiting for the shower at all provided it was because one of my housemates was in there.
    2 months.
    2 months.
    And he hasn't showered once.

Whenever he opens the door to his room this unnatural stench sweeps through the ground floor.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    I wouldn't mind waiting for the shower at all provided it was because one of my housemates was in there.
    2 months.
    2 months.
    And he hasn't showered once.

Whenever he opens the door to his room this unnatural stench sweeps through the ground floor.
    Impossible. I know this man, and he's in Japan right now.

For my sanity's sake, I refuse to believe that there's more than one of them. >.<

11. - Top - End - #791
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Impossible. I know this man, and he's in Japan right now.

For my sanity's sake, I refuse to believe that there's more than one of them. >.<
    There's only four, no big deal.
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EleventhHour View Post
    There's only four, no big deal.
    Actually, I know two of them. So if Jibar knows the third...who's the last?

*snuggles clean fuzzy kittygirl*

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, I know two of them. So if Jibar knows the third...who's the last?

*snuggles clean fuzzy kittygirl*
    The guy who served with my granddad and refused to wash until they got together and forcefully threw him into a bath.

My uncle knew the opposite guy, who it turned out did clean himself but not his single set of clothes and so spent months at a time wearing this filthy T-Shirt and Trousers.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm glad it's a vacuum up here, showering is a hassle.

Now, to get to work on these Bio questions...

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Clever, clever. =P

*picks up kitty, snugglepets* ^_^
    On discovering you replied at all, I knew exactly the contents of your post before reading it. Hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    The guy who served with my granddad and refused to wash until they got together and forcefully threw him into a bath.

My uncle knew the opposite guy, who it turned out did clean himself but not his single set of clothes and so spent months at a time wearing this filthy T-Shirt and Trousers.
    At least your uncle didn't recall him not changing his pants. That would cause pedantic confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    I'm glad it's a vacuum up here, showering is a hassle.

Now, to get to work on these Bio questions...
    Ah, you're covered in water anyways.
    Last edited by Reinboom; 2009-11-30 at 06:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

Who can find me a freaking picture of a tiger sitting down with his mouth shut!?
    ____

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Who can find me a freaking picture of a tiger sitting down with his mouth shut!?
    Did you try google image?
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

http://images-3.redbubble.net/img/ar...ting-tiger.jpg

or

http://ic2.pbase.com/v3/42/447542/2/...ttingtiger.jpg

?

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

^:Thanks!

Yes, none of them were the shot I wanted. And 3/4 were Tiger Woods.
    Last edited by CrimsonAngel; 2009-11-30 at 06:55 PM.
    ____

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ettin in the Playground

On discovering you replied at all, I knew exactly the contents of your post before reading it. Hm.
    Even that I'd pick up the stealth reference? Am I so predictable?

At least your uncle didn't recall him not changing his pants. That would cause pedantic confusion.
    You know, it's hard to figure which is worse. Being around a guy with only one pair of filthy clothes, or walking in on him washing them...

Ah, you're covered in water anyways.
    Yes, but until recently, he was trying to hide that fact from evil NASA overlords. Now, of course, he's no excuse.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

Even that I'd pick up the stealth reference? Am I so predictable?
    Noooo!!! You were supposed to hug me with that remark! You broke the trend.

^:Thanks!

Yes, none of them were the shot I wanted. And 3/4 were Tiger Woods.
    And I'm glad you provoked me to google search. That first one is sooo adorable.
    I just want to:
    Spoiler
    Show

:edit:self reflection:
    *notes to self to not attempt intelligent conversation or theory around mirrors*
    Last edited by Reinboom; 2009-11-30 at 07:03 PM.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ettin in the Playground

Noooo!!! You were supposed to hug me with that remark! You broke the trend.
    *cuddles mercilessly*

Better, hun? <3

23. - Top - End - #803

David Bowie and Queen? I wonder what that would sound like? Pretty awesome I bet.
    Oh, I love my Bowie too, he's under Glam Rock under Music under Youtube. My Youtube -> Music folder is ridiculously organised.

Reina-san, it is my utmost duty as a cat lover to pick you up and snuggle you.
    *snuggles the Reina-chan kitten*
    D'aaaaawwww. Psst, less of the '-san's please.'

Mmmm, thanks to my lovely shampoos and whatnot my hair now smells of coconuts, lemons, limes and the sea.
    It actually does smell good enough to eat.

@Jibbers and Cobra: Really? Eeeew. How can you (and everyone else) stand the smell?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ettin in the Playground

...How does one cuddle mercilessly?

25. - Top - End - #805

Never, ever let go.
    Ever.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

David Bowie and Queen? I wonder what that would sound like? Pretty awesome I bet.
    Oh, I love my Bowie too, he's under Glam Rock under Music under Youtube. My Youtube -> Music folder is ridiculously organised.
    <3

*cuddles mercilessly*

Better, hun? <3
    Never, ever let go.
    Ever.
    ...yay! I have a permanent MtG partner now!

Reina-san, it is my utmost duty as a cat lover to pick you up and snuggle you.
    *snuggles the Reina-chan kitten*
    D'aaaaawwww. Psst, less of the '-san's please.'
    *obligatory purr for curly-chan*

Mmmm, thanks to my lovely shampoos and whatnot my hair now smells of coconuts, lemons, limes and the sea.
    Oh how I miss my coconut shampoo.

*ends quoting session*

27. - Top - End - #807
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

*sneaks in thread, steals a random pillow*

Kitty stole mine, I need another to sleep today.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Barbarian in the Playground

Good afternoon playground
    how are you?

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ettin in the Playground

@Jibbers and Cobra: Really? Eeeew. How can you (and everyone else) stand the smell?
    *kittifies self, noms hair* >.>

And for one, we follow him around, not so subtlely spraying air freshener, until he gets the hint or we lose patience and lock him in the bathroom.

The other guy doesn't...smell, per se. It's more...he has an aura of grease and ick. Getting within 5 feet of him makes you feel, just...unclean. >.<

Thankfully, I don't have to be around him anymore. ^_^

30. - Top - End - #810

I'm home! And I have cake.

Also, from reading through the last page or so it seems I learned most of the words of Don't Stop Me Now at some point. I attribute this to karaoke.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."