New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVII: /sm_rename "Steam Thread": da]mexitt hr[a vise

I'd say Alpha Protocol is worth $7.50. Not worth what I paid for it new, but for <$10 it's an okay game.

There is a demo of Shank available - the whole first level, I think - and I love it entirely too much. I'm old enough to remember Streets of Rage with great fondness, and Shank is like an update of that. Side-scrolling ass-whuppery.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Prototype: 15 dollars
    Absolutely not worth 15 bucks. Sub 10~, I'd say it's an okay pick. Not great, but not a waste of your money. Above 10, however, it simply lacks any appreciable replay value. The story is a flimsy excuse to eat people and kill zombies, and not always in that order. Gameplay wise: It's like pretty much every free-roaming Spiderman game ever. Except instead of webslinging, you just jump everywhere like some kind of monkey on a freakin' sugar rush.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2010-11-24 at 06:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, my TF2 games keeps crashing all of a sudden at random times and I've reinstalled it several times. Do any of you know how to make it stop doing that?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

Anybody know if RUSE is worth the $30 it costs on sale?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    If this is an example of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, then I'm not sure whether I should buy a copy or find more videos of people watching it.
    THAT is comedy!

Now I want this game.....
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Have you seen what Bulbasaur is packing?

Long range razor sharp projectiles.
    Seeds with the speed and power of smg rounds.
    Midrange explosives.
    Death rays powered by the sun itself!
    Steam name: Dragero Add me! (Just click this link)

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    Gameplay wise: It's like pretty much every free-roaming Spiderman game ever. Except instead of webslinging, you just jump everywhere like some kind of monkey on a freakin' sugar rush.
    I'm not sure I agree about the cost/value ratio but I think you _nailed_ my personal review of the game: It's Spider-Man 2's gameplay, except you're a mutant on a revenge streak.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    I'm not sure I agree about the cost/value ratio but I think you _nailed_ my personal review of the game: It's Spider-Man 2's gameplay, except you're a mutant on a revenge streak.
    It's Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Like, no joke. This is Hulk: Ultimate Destruction with a disguise mechanic.
    Even the developers admit that yeah, it's Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

If they ever do a Spider-Man 2 game again, with the web slinging, it'll just win so many awards.

(For the record, I love Prototype. Followed it as soon as it was announced, played it through a couple times. New Game+ is therapeutic.)
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    It's Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.
    And, like Hulk, it just peters out near the end. Sure, it might amuse you for ten minutes or so to start it up and just run around eating people, but there are plenty of games that do the same thing for sub-15 bucks.

9. - Top - End - #1089

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    And, like Hulk, it just peters out near the end. Sure, it might amuse you for ten minutes or so to start it up and just run around eating people, but there are plenty of games that do the same thing for sub-15 bucks.
    I remember folowing this game pretty closely when it was first announced. Was broke when it first came out, so couldn't afford it. My friend got it for his PS3, and I remember having a blast eating/beating enemies.....for the first 20 minutes or so. Prototype got fairly repetetive after that, but it's still quite fun if your into just murdering everything one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Have you seen what Bulbasaur is packing?

Long range razor sharp projectiles.
    Seeds with the speed and power of smg rounds.
    Midrange explosives.
    Death rays powered by the sun itself!
    Steam name: Dragero Add me! (Just click this link)

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomuss View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the 8 pack too. I just have two questions.

1. Do you have to decide who to give the spare games to when you buy it?
    2. Does anyone here want a copy if I do buy the 8 pack?
    I'd love a copy, but I have no way of paying. Unless you want stuff in TF2 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas aia Toriia View Post
    Anybody know if RUSE is worth the $30 it costs on sale?
    RUSE isn't too great. Despite all the emphasis on trickery, it's just not as in depth compared to other full-on RTS games.

Anyone think Borderlands is worth $10?

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Troll in the Playground

Yes. If you like FPSes and like RPG level-up mechanics, it should be very worth 10$.

...I realize that's exactly how they advertised it, but it's true!

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

Borderlands is definitely worth $10. It's worth more, in fact. Much more.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Like, no joke. This is Hulk: Ultimate Destruction with a disguise mechanic.
    Even the developers admit that yeah, it's Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

If they ever do a Spider-Man 2 game again, with the web slinging, it'll just win so many awards.
    I've never played that one, so I wouldn't know.

I liked Prototype, but at ... I dunno... mid-point(?) I started getting bored. Once the city fell apart and the mutants started being frustrating to kill, I kinda lost interest. It's no fun to get my head smashed all the time. I had fun being "God" around the army though. That was fun. And the first level totally hooked me on the game at first.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Picked up Borderlands. Are people still willing to do multiplayer with it, or will I be enjoying it solo (which is just fine with me)?

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

ET was the best game ever.

For some reason however it was called Just Cause 2. And featured lots of things other than flying bikes.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-11-24 at 08:13 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Yes. If you like FPSes and like RPG level-up mechanics, it should be very worth 10$.

...I realize that's exactly how they advertised it, but it's true!
    Borderlands is definitely worth $10. It's worth more, in fact. Much more.
    Either of you care to expand?

Picked up Borderlands. Are people still willing to do multiplayer with it, or will I be enjoying it solo (which is just fine with me)?
    If I get it, I'll play it with you I suppose. :D

I just don't like buying games without multiplayer I guess. My friend has Borderlands (and I hear it has no CD-Key) so I can probably just borrow it. I tend to buy games to support developers now, over anything else. Otherwise I just borrow it or play at a friend's house.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Orc in the Playground

Its more fun in multiplayer, I would be willing to join you.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground

I will be getting Alpha Protocol, been curious about it for a while.

Also, HL2 tenpack and Deus Ex eightpack. If you want either, PM me now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

19. - Top - End - #1099

I picked up Borderlands.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps we should get some us Borderlands newbies to do a blind Let's Play together of the first portion(s) of the game?

Not that I'll probably be able to play it for a few days, anyway. Currently back at home away from my preferred gaming setup. TF2, L4D2, Guild Wars is probably it for me until Sunday.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Either of you care to expand?
    It's pretty nifty - combining the shooting aspect of shooters and the leveling up and skills of RPG's. At every point in the game, you can feel like you're ridiculously overpowered, but not to the point of boredom.
    Constant leveling means you always get some new bonus, and best of all, you get guns. Lots of guns. So many guns, you'll run out of space for your guns, and they're all different, so you can easily change your playstyle on the fly.

Also, you can retrain your skills if you find you don't like how your character is shaping out to be, which is always good.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    I will be getting Alpha Protocol, been curious about it for a while.

Also, HL2 tenpack and Deus Ex eightpack. If you want either, PM me now.
    What, free? :D

Perhaps we should get some us Borderlands newbies to do a blind Let's Play together of the first portion(s) of the game?

Not that I'll probably be able to play it for a few days, anyway. Currently back at home away from my preferred gaming setup. TF2, L4D2, Guild Wars is probably it for me until Sunday.
    Sure, I'll have to find someone to accept hats for Borderlands. I'll ask around, and if worst comes to worst, I'll just pay for the thing I guess.

It's pretty nifty - combining the shooting aspect of shooters and the leveling up and skills of RPG's. At every point in the game, you can feel like you're ridiculously overpowered, but not to the point of boredom.
    Constant leveling means you always get some new bonus, and best of all, you get guns. Lots of guns. So many guns, you'll run out of space for your guns, and they're all different, so you can easily change your playstyle on the fly.

Also, you can retrain your skills if you find you don't like how your character is shaping out to be, which is always good.
    Well, I don't want to feel ridiculusly overpowered, but I do love customization...

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

On Borderlands: Okay, so, imagine a Diablo clone. But it's a first person shooter. There, you're done. Nothing else needs to be said.

Now, if you're like me, you'll say

"A total of about four enemy types, each of which is given eighteen pallete swaps so that a Skag does octuple duty as Pup Skag (slightly smaller, but identical) Alpha Skag (slightly bigger) Fire Skag (The same, but red) and so on? "

and I'll say "That is it exactly"

and then you'll say "What about the quests? I bet they're things like "Kill 15 mudrats for some random old man"

and then you'll say "And the guns, they're really infinite?"

and I'll say "There's your basic TF2 assortment. Rocket Lawnchair, Snipper Riffle, and so on. They just all have random stats, so that a sniper rifle you find laying around might have between 3 and 9 bullets to the clip, or between 50 and 99 percent accuracy, and so on.

and then you'll say "What about the overarching plot?"

and I'll say "Pretty straightforward. You're on the worst planet ever because it has a magical treasure vault. You want to open the vault and become rich, but there's bandits and monsters in your way.

But uh, the planet is called Pandora, so you know where this whole Vault thing is going pretty quickly."
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ettin in the Playground

Also you get a super-power that lets you punch things until they explode.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post

But uh, the planet is called Pandora, so you know where this whole Vault thing is going pretty quickly."
    Blue aliens come out of the trees, I kill them but then they return with my best friend and kill me?

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    Blue aliens come out of the trees, I kill them but then they return with my best friend and kill me?
    Replace "aliens" with "tentacles" and "kill me" with "are killed by me again" and you got it.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Also you get a super-power that lets you punch things until they explode.
    Only if you get the explosive artifact. But Either way, Its fun punching things to death.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

On Borderlands: Okay, so, imagine a Diablo clone. But it's a first person shooter. There, you're done. Nothing else needs to be said.

Now, if you're like me, you'll say

"A total of about four enemy types, each of which is given eighteen pallete swaps so that a Skag does octuple duty as Pup Skag (slightly smaller, but identical) Alpha Skag (slightly bigger) Fire Skag (The same, but red) and so on? "

and then you'll say "What about the quests? I bet they're things like "Kill 15 mudrats for some random old man"

and then you'll say "And the guns, they're really infinite?"

and I'll say "There's your basic TF2 assortment. Rocket Lawnchair, Snipper Riffle, and so on. They just all have random stats, so that a sniper rifle you find laying around might have between 3 and 9 bullets to the clip, or between 50 and 99 percent accuracy, and so on.

and then you'll say "What about the overarching plot?"

and I'll say "Pretty straightforward. You're on the worst planet ever because it has a magical treasure vault. You want to open the vault and become rich, but there's bandits and monsters in your way.

Well, now this has started to turn me away :/

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know what I just watched, but it was beautiful.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.