New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Laneside Bowling

"Hehe... You were probably more like Lily. Always in trouble and using your angel face to try and get out of it." Brand says.

Lily shivers as she misses the kitty. "It jumps fast," she says.

"It didn't jump. It tell-a-pulted." Tito says.

"Don't be silly, Tito, kitties can't tell-a-pult!"

"I saw it! And this isn't Home, Leelee! Kitties can do scary stuff here. I heard there was an army of kitties once, who breathed fire."

"Oh." Lily looks at the kitty. "Do you breathe fire?"
    Laneside Bowling

"I failed to get out of it way less often than I wanted to. Surprised I kept this angel face, all the people I pissed off back in the Vault." Justin gives himself a look in the mirror. Still got that angel face. "Besides, I was a piece of work. I don't think Lily has a malicious bone in her."

As for the back inbowling hall, no it cannot breathe fire. Or tell-a-pult. Great, the other one speaks just as much nonsense. Is the third one also crazy, or is there no hope left? "Meow." Also, not seeing any offerings for leniency get on it. "Mroww."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cave of Being

Yes my lord, we shall do so with all haste, my lord. All we need is your name, so that we might reverse the spell. The Wizard's not finding it difficult to act the part of a cringing, terrified minion. Only the 'minion' part is even an act at this point.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Orc in the Playground

Cave of Being

Mrs. Bloodplunder stays quiet. She can't hit things yet, so she's not paying much attention to the conversation. She's more interested in the surroundings, and specifically looking for anything that looks like it might be a polymorphed demon. After all, chained dude hanging above a magic magma pool? Could be a decoy; the demon may be somewhere else, hidden, to prevent people from unbinding it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

The Institute of Humanist Studies

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [The Institute of Humanist Studies]

"If their brain structure is less complex, the gnomes are inferior. Why waste time with the hands?" Roberts asks, folding his arms. "It doesn't matter if we are weaker in any aspect other than our intellect, the power of our minds allows us to overcome any such shortcomings and surpass all others. The only thing we need to prove here is that we have the best brains, as it were."

Roberts walks over to the brain shelf and peers intently at the jars, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "The fact that you're looking at anything other than the brain suggests there's an elephant in the room. Which brain appears to be more complex than ours?"

"I have two elf brains. One is from a 'young' elf of about a century. It's very simple. The other is from a much older elf. Far more complex. They mature very slowly, but if they are permitted to live long enough..."
    She shrugs. "Yes, they can out-think us."

The woman points to the relevant brains as she speaks. "Another interesting one is this dryad. More complex, but only in one section. I posit that is their connection to their tree, as I have seen similar complexity in another telepath brain here. This one human."

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Laneside Bowling

"I failed to get out of it way less often than I wanted to. Surprised I kept this angel face, all the people I pissed off back in the Vault." Justin gives himself a look in the mirror. Still got that angel face. "Besides, I was a piece of work. I don't think Lily has a malicious bone in her."

As for the back inbowling hall, no it cannot breathe fire. Or tell-a-pult. Great, the other one speaks just as much nonsense. Is the third one also crazy, or is there no hope left? "Meow." Also, not seeing any offerings for leniency get on it. "Mroww."
    Brand chuckles. "Maybe not malicious, but she's got a temper. I think that's why she adores the Wolfen so much. She has a fighting spirit."

"Aww, are you hungry?" Tito asks. The kitty sounds very pitiful! "Here, we have some food." He goes to the kitchen and returns with a chunk of roast mutton from one of the sandwiches. "Do you want this?" He holds it out to the kitty. Food makes everything better!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #875

Cave of Being
    Surprisingly enough, there isn't any other real features of this area. Except for a pair of large feathered wings that look like they've been cleaved off, and a golden sword that hasn't been touched in a long time.
    The man looks at the wizard.
    And then speaks.
    "The name's Gabriel, ruler of...of...the Heavens. Or Hell if you believe that imposter..."
    He looked back down at the ground and sobbed again, more tears running down his body.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #876
    Halfling in the Playground

"Well the solution to the elf problem is simple, isn't it? Just extend the lifespan of humans, and see how advanced the brain of a human of similar age is."

Because that's totally a simple solution.

It would seem that Roberts thinks it is.

"We can test your theory about the dryad easily enough too. We just need a live dryad..."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Dave's Clinic
    Dave, Clarissa, and Jane should all be teleported here!
    Dave will immediately get the emergency room ready and Jane will try to support Clarissa.
    [Dave's Clinic]

Supporting Clarissa might not be Jane's best idea ever or even in her best interests. Because Clarissa is currently Giant!Clarissa and if she were to fall, Jane might go squish!

It doesn't help that her abdomen is shooting fireballs and lightning bolts either.

"I changed my mind! I don't want kids, Dave! I don't want kids!"

Clarissa shrieks between gasps for air as she is led into the emergency room, black-robed cultists teleporting in by the dozens and etching warding symbols into every available surface they can get their black-gloved mitts on and then some. The earth quakes and an ominous vortex swirls in the blood red sky above.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hank's Hookahs

"Not as much, but I tend to sketch between calls."
    She flips open the sketch book to page after page of sketches of the sort of thing you see in a hospital or an ambulance bay - stretchers, IVs, fellow technicians sitting around playing cards, etc.
    Calvin leans over to get a better look at the sketches.

"These are really good. Do you do any painting or any other sort of form?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

9. - Top - End - #879

Brand chuckles. "Maybe not malicious, but she's got a temper. I think that's why she adores the Wolfen so much. She has a fighting spirit."

"Aww, are you hungry?" Tito asks. The kitty sounds very pitiful! "Here, we have some food." He goes to the kitchen and returns with a chunk of roast mutton from one of the sandwiches. "Do you want this?" He holds it out to the kitty. Food makes everything better!
    Laneside Bowling

"You think she'd like martial arts classes?" Justin says as he starts to work while talking. "Maybe not even that, just a competitive sport." Lily would probably get into fights if she ever knew how, but Justin could see Lily playing soccer really well.

The cat is definitely enticed by the offering. It nips at it from Tito's hand. Any contact accidentally made with his fingers induces the same chilly feeling, but doesn't hurt as a cat bite would.

Not bad at all. This pleases it quite a bit. Twenty points to this one. There's points now, by the way. "Meow!"

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #880

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Streets - Krystal and the Lady]

Krystal tilts her head a little.

You know, you're taking that better than I thought you would. I kind of freaked out a little when I found out my whole reality was in somebody else's comics.
    Streets - Krystal and The Lady
    The Lady shrugged.
    "Considering it's a scientific fact...I'd freak out if I wasn't in some TV show or some sort."

---

Dave's Clinic
    Jane gives a little: Eep!
    Dave continues working hard, making sure the emergency room is ready for this event.
    Thank god he has insurance on this place!
    "Just stay calm, dear. Everything will be okay!"

---

Inside!
    The large purple ooze continues moving through inside, enveloping and eating apartment buildings the whole way.
    Ew.
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #881

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Cave of Being

"To unbind you, what he said." Mrs. Bloodplunder hopes this stupid, delusional demon will smart up soon, but it seems that being bound for centuries at least tends to have negative effects on one's sanity so there's not much hope there.

Kribulkin Street

"We don't necessarily want her dead; we want her to at least fool the kobolds into thinking she's responsible." But Ekkehard will dump the body a short distance away and go back to begin work on blocking the only exit from the house.

Kribulkin Street

Zefir nods for now and helps Ekkehard to block the only way out. His eyes slide to the body from time to time, just to be sure she won't wake up.

Abandoned looking Factory

The factory was closed a few years ago and time has taken part on the building. The glasses are milky and in some parts broken, but still block the view into the building. The walls are filled with graffiti, even the door isn’t visible anymore. Rumors appeared that a ghost lives in the building. Some people have heard strange noise, like a hissing snake or the sound of Iron chains.

A car drives up and stops in front of a giant ‘E’ graffiti. A man wearing a mask comes out. He heads for the boot and drags out a barrel and a blanket. He goes to the ‘E’ and knocks three times. After a few moments a part of the E slides inside and a man looks through the secret door.

“Oh boss you are back so soon? “ The man says.

“Yes. I have some private business to do. Bring me up to date Darius and then take the car to the others.” The masked man replies.

Darius takes a step to the side offering the masked man a way to enter. From the Inside the building is brand new. Walls got some extra cover to keep all noise inside and a second row of Windows was placed to make sure none can look inside. Many boxes fill the area and the scent of gunpowder lies heavy in the air. A scent Zefir enjoys most in this place as he listens to Darius.

“All your employees are on duty. The twins are in north side at the birthday party while Greg and Sam went to the town fest. They won’t be here until tomorrow.” Darius answers. He looks worried at his boss. It’s uncommon that he appears here without a reason. Darius just hopes his boss isn’t here to shut the whole things down.

“Good. Now take the car. I’m in my test area. Call me if something happens.”

Darius nods and takes the keys. He seems to be relieved. He hurries outside to do as asked.
    Zefir in that time takes the elevator down. It only needs a few moments until the door opens again and reveals a gate. Zefir goes over the security tools like DNA scan and password to open the gat. Behind it he finds a big hall, near empty. He places the blanked in the mid and lays the dragon egg on it. Now he needs to wait.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #882
    Troll in the Playground

"Well the solution to the elf problem is simple, isn't it? Just extend the lifespan of humans, and see how advanced the brain of a human of similar age is."

Because that's totally a simple solution.

It would seem that Roberts thinks it is.

"We can test your theory about the dryad easily enough too. We just need a live dryad..."
    The woman shakes her head. "Tsk. You should know better than that, Dr Roberts. The human brain does most of its development in childhood. Very little changes after puberty. Before extending the lifespan would do any good, we'd need to find out the mechanism by which that elasticity is turned off, and stop that from happening."

When he mentions the second part, the woman points her finger. "Caution. We don't do kidnappings or murders. We let others do the killing, and simply salvage the remains. Any experiments on live subjects should be done far from the city."

Hanks Hookahs

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Hank's Hookahs

Calvin leans over to get a better look at the sketches.

"These are really good. Do you do any painting or any other sort of form?"

"I paint too, but not as often - it's not as portable as a sketchpad and pencil, plus there's the cleanup. I've done a bit of sculpture here and there, but drawing is my favourite."

Laneside Bowling

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Laneside Bowling

"You think she'd like martial arts classes?" Justin says as he starts to work while talking. "Maybe not even that, just a competitive sport." Lily would probably get into fights if she ever knew how, but Justin could see Lily playing soccer really well.

The cat is definitely enticed by the offering. It nips at it from Tito's hand. Any contact accidentally made with his fingers induces the same chilly feeling, but doesn't hurt as a cat bite would.

Not bad at all. This pleases it quite a bit. Twenty points to this one. There's points now, by the way. "Meow!"
    "I think Pathfinder means to teach her to hunt after he gets back. I hope that will be enough to get it out of her system." Brand says. *scrub scrub scrub the nasty bathroom*

"We should get it some milk. Do you think Justin has any milk?" Lily asks.

"I doubt it. Justin doesn't really understand what sort of food he needs," Tito says.

Lily goes to the kitchen anyway to look in Justin's fridge for milk, and Tito tries to pet the kitty.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #883

"I should know better, hmm?" Roberts chuckles, "I know the human brain inside and out. Extend the lifespan of a human, and their brain will keep developing. It does not become completely stagnant. Now admittedly I've never observed how an elf brain continues to develop over their lifespan, but I can get my hands on a human brain of similar age and compare the two."

As he talks, Roberts starts slowly walking around the lab, peering at the equipment, a frown on his face.

"And please don't jump to conclusions. I said nothing about kidnapping or murder. Rather...a harmless bit of research for which we need a test subject. Paid handsomely for their time, of course, and with no lasting repercussions. Of course, to do something like that, we'll need much better equipment than this outdated rubbish."

Somehow I doubt Roberts is going to be making many friends around here.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Dwarf in the Playground

At the surreptitious entrance to the institute, a man in a long black coat, a plague doctor's mask, and a wide-brimmed hat walks up with a body bag over his shoulder. He does whatever he was told to do, secret knock or whatever, to tell the door man he is there.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-11-11 at 01:47 PM.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

"I should know better, hmm?" Roberts chuckles, "I know the human brain inside and out. Extend the lifespan of a human, and their brain will keep developing. It does not become completely stagnant. Now admittedly I've never observed how an elf brain continues to develop over their lifespan, but I can get my hands on a human brain of similar age and compare the two."

As he talks, Roberts starts slowly walking around the lab, peering at the equipment, a frown on his face.

"And please don't jump to conclusions. I said nothing about kidnapping or murder. Rather...a harmless bit of research for which we need a test subject. Paid handsomely for their time, of course, and with no lasting repercussions. Of course, to do something like that, we'll need much better equipment than this outdated rubbish."

Somehow I doubt Roberts is going to be making many friends around here.

"Ha! Tell me about it! I'd love to have better, but Our Mutual Friend says that we need results before he sinks any more money into this." the old woman says. Dammit, I need a name for her. "How do you intend to study the brain without killing the subject?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

At the surreptitious entrance to the institute, a man in a long black coat, a plaque doctor's mask, and a wide-brimmed hat walks up with a body bag over his shoulder. He does whatever he was told to do, secret knock or whatever, to tell the door man he is there.

A burly man opens the trap door and exchanges an envelope of money for the body bag. Unless more interaction is needed at the door - in which case, he'll do that.

If not, the body will be carried in and flopped down on the table, near Dr Roberts and Professor Bauer. There. Now she has a name.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #886

"How do I intend to do it? With my own equipment of course. If we're being denied the financial support to get everything we need to do this properly, then I'll do it myself."

Professor Roberts would continue, but oh look! A body!

"It seems we have another body to take a look at."

17. - Top - End - #887

Laneside Bowling

"I think Pathfinder means to teach her to hunt after he gets back. I hope that will be enough to get it out of her system." Brand says. *scrub scrub scrub the nasty bathroom*

"We should get it some milk. Do you think Justin has any milk?" Lily asks.

"I doubt it. Justin doesn't really understand what sort of food he needs," Tito says.

Lily goes to the kitchen anyway to look in Justin's fridge for milk, and Tito tries to pet the kitty.
    Laneside bowling

It's a little sad and a lot hilarious that children know more about basic nutrition than Justin. Tito is correct, there is no milk in the fridge. Any that might have been left there would have gone bad by now. Instead she finds a box filled with snack food. A pyramid of chocalate bars, several boxes of something called "fancy lad snack cakes," more Cola than a single person could ever need, and about a million of those little cheese and crackers snacks with the little red stick for scooping the cheese. How Justin's teeth survived is nothing short of a miracle.

Tito gets the same as his sister. His fingers phase right through the cats head and are met with nothing but chilly air. The cat seems unfazed by this.

Back in the bathroom, Justin scrubs furiously at a spot on the floor. "Out damn spot! Lily would probably get a kick out of that. She'd probably keep parts as trophies to show off when Waterstrider comes back. Imagine her showing off fangs or feathers of things she caught herself."

My Characters

18. - Top - End - #888
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's a humanoid, the face is covered with mainly skin, with some brown fur on her cheeks and chin. There is also bright pink scales on the forehead and onto the bridge of her nose. Yes, pink.

She has long hair, slightly bloodstained form the two dozen itty bitty stab wounds in her back. Looks like someone tried to kill her with a scalpel, only for her to die from that axe wound in her chest. And judging from the blood stains on her knuckles, she didn't make it easy.

Her chest and upper back is covered in thick fur, but her abdomen is covered in more of those pink scales. Her arms are furry at the shoulders, scales at the elbows, and skin at the hands. Her legs shift from scales to fur, and back to scales at the feet.

She has a long tail, too, which is almost entirely skin except for a little poof of fur at the end.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

"Hmph. Nice to see someone has money. Well if you want that corpse, it's all yours." Professor Bauer says. Hey look! A name and a text colour. Fancy!

Laneside Bowling

"Hey! You tell-a-pulted again! Stop doing that!"
    Tito says.

Lily brings out some of the cheese cracker things. "What do you think this orange stuff is, Tito?"

Brand shakes his head. "That sounds exactly like her."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #890

"Hmm. Peculiar. It looks like some sort of hybrid, presumably the result of multiple generations of cross-species breeding." Roberts rubs his forehead, peering closely at the corpse. "And unfortunately it seems that whoever was responsible for...acquiring this corpse...did a rather poor job of it. I hope they didn't damage anything too important." He reaches down with one hand to lift the head up and make sure there's no damage there, "I hope the brain is still intact. Otherwise this will probably be of little use."

21. - Top - End - #891
    Dwarf in the Playground

The head seems uninjured. All the wounds are premortem... and even the axe wound might not have damaged anything too bad. She seems to have dies of blood loss, but there's still enough in her to collect a sample with some work.

22. - Top - End - #892

Laneside Bowling

"Hey! You tell-a-pulted again! Stop doing that!"
    Tito says.

Lily brings out some of the cheese cracker things. "What do you think this orange stuff is, Tito?"

Brand shakes his head. "That sounds exactly like her."
    It is not tell-a-pulting, it's staying in exactly the same place. Maybe it's your problem, little thing. You ever think of that? Maybe your fingers are tell-a-pulting. "Meow!" And while we're at it, minus ten points for telling it what to do. If it could tell-a-pult, it wouldl tell-a-pult all it pleases, and you'd have no say in the matter. "Mrrow."

The cat jumps down from the ball return and walks up to Lily.

This is you chance to climb the ranks, little thing, the other has displeased it. "Meow."

Justin brings his train of thought back round into a circle. "What about Tito though? I know he's not the hunting type, but does he have any hobbies?"

My Characters

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

Tito takes one of the cheese and cracker packets and looks it over. "Weird. It looks like some kind of biscuits or something, but I don't know what the red or orange things are."

"Maybe if we open one..."
    Lily says, trying to open the packet.

"No! It doesn't belong to us!"
    Tito says, too late.

Poor kitty gets ignored!

"He cooks. He loves to cook. He seems to enjoy the fish and crab trapping. But I just never see him playing at anything, except when Lily starts something and pesters him to join in."
    Brand says. There's a bit of worry in his tone.

Institute of Humanist Studies

"How do you plan to proceed, Dr Roberts?" Professor Bauer asks. She wants to see how this young whippersnapper in action!
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-11-11 at 03:56 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #894

[Institute of Humanist Studies]

"First I am going to try and identify the three...elements...that have gone into this strange creature. Then I shall have to see if you have suitable samples of the three separate species, and compare them to the results of their combination. Hopefully this creature is one part human, assuming it is only three that went into its creation. If that's the case then the analysis may well show some degree of reduction in the complexity of certain elements of the brain. If there is no human element to this creature I'm not sure how much value it will hold to our project here specifically. Probably still interesting to investigate, but not as much of a priority."

And with that all said, Roberts gets to work on looking for anything that may hint as to the origins of this creature. Facial structure, ears, the shape of the tail, generally anything noteworthy on the creature's exterior. No poking about inside just yet.

25. - Top - End - #895

Lanside Bowling

The packet is opened without any resistance, except maybe from Tito. It's all still fresh so there's no ungodly smell or anything. Just some rectangular crackers, a plastic spreader stick and some cheesy spread.

Wait, ignored! What? Hey! There is a cat here and it is meowing! When a cat wants to be the center of attention it is the center, understood? What's so special about that little thing anyway? "Mrrow?"

Justin thinks about it for a second. "We all have different things we find fun. If he gets real enjoyment out of fishing and cooking instead of playing, maybe that's okay. If you really are worried, maybe..." He trails off. "Brand, can I ask you something really personal?"

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #896

Inside - Red Zone
    The large purple ooze continues to move through the city, absorbing buildings along the way.
    The city needs a hero!
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #897
    Dwarf in the Playground

Institute of Humanist Studies

Not a lot that is helpful. Facial structure is within deviation range for both humans and elves and a couple of other species. Nose is a bit odd, obviously nonhuman but not fitting the structure of any other species off of the top of my (and probably the doctor's) head. If he checks the mouth, he will probably find that the front teeth are a bit larger and sharper than a human's, but she still has a full mouth of omnivore theeth. The ears have no ear lobes, are pointed, but are also very deep like animal ears.

The tail is somewhat rat-like, being long and mostly skin-covered, but the fur is not rat-like. It's rich and full, in some places very long. The hands are of a more or less basic four-fingers-and-a-thumb design, of slightly different proportions than that of a human. The nails are more fused to the hands than most races, keeping them from being real fingernails. The toenails are similar.

Long story short: if it is a hybrid, the exterior isn't very helpful in finding what went into it.

Also, what kind of race has bright pink scales?

28. - Top - End - #898
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Dave's Clinic
    Jane gives a little: Eep!
    Dave continues working hard, making sure the emergency room is ready for this event.
    Thank god he has insurance on this place!
    "Just stay calm, dear. Everything will be okay!"
    [Dave's Clinic]

The cultists begin to chant as their goddess shouts at Dave with hundreds of sharp-toothed mouths popping out of every vacant space in the area! She's not just speaking in Common! She's speaking in every language known to her and some that aren't!

"No it won't! You're lying! Make the pain go away!"

Have some more earthquake! And maybe a pillar or dozen of fire this time. That way it'll be impossible for Dave to keep his cool!

Tentacles and monsters spawn in and nightmarish creatures beyond anything a human can normally perceive or interact with converge on the emergency room!

And here comes an asteroid shower raining down on Dave's clinic! Or attempting to, anyway! And there are sacrifices to Clarissa ongoing in the waiting room! Oh, and there goes the power, maybe!

29. - Top - End - #899

Dave's Clinic
    It is indeed enough, though luckily the power doesn't go out.
    Dave flowers and stomps his foot, causing a rather loud sound, enough to hopefully shut everyone up.
    Dave's control dissipates the flames, most likely sends these dirty cultists out of his clinic, and probably halts the asteroids. Because the craziness needs to STOP so he can get this done.
    As his anger bubbles over, Dave stares Clarissa dead in the eyes and speaks.
    "Listen here! I am a doctor, I've saved hundreds from crazy diseases and conditions all the time, if I say you're going to be okay, you'll be okay, SO I'M GOING TO HELP YOU!"
    He wiped his hair back and pointed at the table. .
    "Now...get on that table and put your legs up...while I'm asking nicely."
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #900

Aegis Vaults

The bank manager still has a pulse and stirs noticeably when Gelley tries to wake him, but he doesn't look like he'll be standing under his own power anytime soon. The best he can do is mumble out a disjointed slurry of gibberish and mush-mouthed noises, drooling over the floor in the process.

Which is a real shame, 'cause the big hand scanner on the control panel to get the door to open prob'lly isn't gonna accept Gelley or Dr. Dec's handprints.

Meanwhile, Decibel tries to punch a ghost! This is exactly as effective as you would think, succeeding only in forewarning said ghost it's presence has been detected. The ethereal cloud collapses in upon itself, re-entering the visible spectrum as it takes once more a humanoid form.

Yeeeaaah, that ain't gonna work to well, buddy. Suggest you knock it off 'fore I get mad.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.