New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Edge's Effluence of Extravagant and Effulgent Random Banter #138

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Jibbers, I hate to tell you this, but on my screen the "topple" aligns itself almost perfectly with the space between "fantastic" and "woman" so during my scanning, I thought you met a fantastic topless woman. I... uh... I don't really know where I was going with this.
    Why would I report a daily occurrence?

Also, I guess I'm doing a Serial story now: See Cat-Muffinominicon in signature.
    And a dwarf fortress LP, I guess.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

So I just got back from watching a lame film at the cinema. You know, Avatar.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2010-02-28 at 10:47 AM.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Tonight, inbetween getting Juice and Chinese, I saw three people. At least two of them seemed to be dressed as characters from Firefly. One guy had his hair sprayed blond and puffed up a little bit to look like Wash. The second was River. Like was. Had the boots, the grey coat-ish-raggish-thing, The hair. The hair was exactly the same. I didn't see the third cause I kept looking back to see if she looked as much like River as I thought she did. It was surreal.
    You very likely could have seen a group of actual cosplayers. Same reason I was dressed up.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wait, Phase, you were dressed up? I thought that was your normal face.

In other news: I have instantly fallen in love with my new signature and think it would make a good title for something... Maybe that short film I swear I'm going to make one of these days.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-02-28 at 11:33 AM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait, Phase, you were dressed up? I thought that was your normal face.
    I'm not about to wear a tuxedo every day, broseph.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    So I just got back from watching a lame film at the cinema. You know, Avatar.
    Avatar wasn't bad if you went into it not expecting the Godlike creation that the prerelease promised. It was Pocahontas IN SPACE!!! and I'm ok with that, it's a good film. And they even called the stuff they were after Unobtainium, didn't even bother to cover it up in pseudo-technical gibberish which I like.

Totally not deserving of a Best Film Oscar nomination (and the 3D was far less spectacular than promised) but it was alright and I'd happily buy it on DVD.

In other news: I've missed pubs. There's a certain satisfaction in knowing every last one of the bald, fat guys (as they all are) around you are equally as sad as you are; begging that guy on the TV screen to score.

In other other news: The adverts on tv warning about teenagers abusing their girlfriends are depressing. Who the hell is that age and thinks its ok to treat someone who cares about them that way.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-02-28 at 12:39 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

7. - Top - End - #967

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    I'm not about to wear a tuxedo every day, broseph.
    Then you clearly have no fashion sense.

I wear two. On top of each other.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

You are the coolest person alive.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ettin in the Playground

What, worn one over the other, or stacked vertically?

10. - Top - End - #970

Oh, I do it all sorts of ways. Sometimes I wear two on top of each other, I have two stitched together so that one makes the back and one makes the front.

Okay I don't but oh my I should.
    BANG → !

11. - Top - End - #971
    Bugbear in the Playground

I once took part in a tuxedo wearing contest. I managed to make it to 3, but I soon after collapsed of exhaustion. I think the winner ended up wearing 5. Unfortunately, I have no pictures, as all nearby cameras shattered in awesomeness.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #972

I am sorely tempted to wear my delicious corduroy jacket over my pinstripe suit though, just because I can.

Also I actually made a start on the script for this short film that I will make darn it! Of the first three words, two are cusses. LOOKING GOOD SO FAR!
    BANG → !

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

14. - Top - End - #974

Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-02-28 at 01:06 PM.
    BANG → !

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

And 7 is definitely more than 3.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

You know, everyone says Avatar is like exactly like Pocahontas, but they're wrong.

It's exactly like Midworld.

Note that the summary says, "aliens", but it actually means humans. Corporate humans, when need things from the planet that can't be acquired anywhere else. And by keeping the balance, they mean communing, directly, even with plants.

Yeah.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-02-28 at 01:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #977
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, I had an amazing dream last night. I was a time traveler from about 20 years from now and I went forward a long time, where the bottom half of North America was a desert wasteland. I had a few sword fight here and there, had a green fox follow me around, and I saved Texas from a giant missile. Oh, I totaly forgot to mention my fox xould fly and... shoot tornadoes out of its tail. I was standing with my fox on the capital building, fighting of ninjas, when a giant missile came into view, heading towards us. A huge crowd surrounded the building and the ninjas ran away. My nameless fox leapt into the air and shot a whirlwind at it and the missile blew up. There was a large explosion, and I woke up 2 whole hours later than I normaly do.

I need to write this down.

I'm meant to grow a goatie, it's all clear.
    Last edited by CrimsonAngel; 2010-02-28 at 02:20 PM.
    ____

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Wow, I had an amazing dream last night. I was a time traveler from about 20 years from now and I went forward a long time, where the bottom half of North America was a desert wasteland. I had a few sword fight here and there, had a green fox follow me around, and I saved Texas from a giant missile. Oh, I totaly forgot to mention my fox xould fly and... shoot tornadoes out of its tail. I was standing with my fox on the capital building, fighting of ninjas, when a giant missile came into view, heading towards us. A huge crowd surrounded the building and the ninjas ran away. My nameless fox leapt into the air and shot a whirlwind at it and the missile blew up. There was a large explosion, and I woke up 2 whole hours later than I normaly do.

I need to write this down.

I'm meant to grow a goatie, it's all clear.
    ...You lucky...why can't my dreams be as cool as that? Though there was that one time my old high school math teacher and I had to fight off a horde of Samurai Zombies...
    Also, do you really have green eyes?
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-02-28 at 02:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #979
    Troll in the Playground

They're more olive then green, realy.
    ____

20. - Top - End - #980
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Avatar wasn't bad if you went into it not expecting the Godlike creation that the prerelease promised. It was Pocahontas IN SPACE!!!
    There's a guy at work that has seen Avatar 10 times in the cinema, with the 10th being this past Thursday when he, a ew other friends and I went to IMAX to watch it.

Since we'd seen the Pocahontas reference, and Krister is such a fan of Avatar, I decided to surprise him with a gift after the film.

A special sing-along version of Pocahontas on DVD.

Personally, I was kind of underwhelmed with the film. I thought it was more Dances With Wolves in space than Pocahontas, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    ...Personally, I was kind of underwhelmed with the film. I thought it was more Dances With Wolves in space than Pocahontas, though.
    Never seen dances with wolves, so I make do with what I got available to me.

22. - Top - End - #982

As of last night, my friends and I have decided that in September we're going on a week-to-ten-day holiday to Italy.
    Specifically (at the moment) we're flying from Londinium to ROme, then catching trains from Rome to Siena and Florence, spending two days in and around each city, and then flying from Florence to Londinium, maybe spending the rest of the day in Londinium and then going home.
    We've got a rough budget of Ł500-550, and have already found a few good, yet cheap hostels to stay at.

We worked all this out, literally from "Hey, let's go on holiday together this summer." to that in about two hours, finding cheap flights and best ways for travel and as well as many other things one needs to plan for.
    This is proof that a university student can indeed work hard. But only for all the wrong reasons.
    F'r'instance, we started planning this at half eleven at night. Even though we'd spent the entire evening having a Twister and Pizza and Movie Night and all of us had lots of work to do.

I admit, I'm looking forward to our holiday. Best part: none of us can speak a word of Italian. On the other hand: two of us can speak French, two Spanish, three varying levels of Latin.
    Can't be too different from any of them right?
    And if all else fails there's English and then Tourist English to fall back on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    As of last night, my friends and I have decided that in September we're going on a week-to-ten-day holiday to Italy.
    Specifically (at the moment) we're flying from Londinium to Rome...
    Watch out for the cars. Seriously. The drivers in Rome are absolutely mental. Twenty slices short of a loaf.

They actually speed up when they see pedestrians crossing. Without exception.

24. - Top - End - #984

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Watch out for the cars. Seriously. The drivers in Rome are absolutely mental. Twenty slices short of a loaf.

They actually speed up when they see pedestrians crossing. Without exception.
    Oh deary me, this is problematic. Two of my University Friends have problems with walking into the roads without looking first; I'm the self-designated Save The Lives Of My Friends By Stopping Them person.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

Oh deary me, this is problematic. Two of my University Friends have problems with walking into the roads without looking first; I'm the self-designated Save The Lives Of My Friends By Stopping Them person.
    If you want to cross the road you basically have to step out as a group and just ignore the traffic. They're less likely to hit a group of people. It works best if you go for a bus because they lose their job if they hit people and so are more likely to stop.

26. - Top - End - #986

If you want to cross the road you basically have to step out as a group and just ignore the traffic. They're less likely to hit a group of people. It works best if you go for a bus because they lose their job if they hit people and so are more likely to stop.

This'll be the first time I've ever gone abroad on holiday. Thatnks for telling me I'll have a wonderful time and that it'll be great.
    'Oh, and one more thing, the best way to not get run over is to act as if you want to be run over.'
    And it'll be the first ever time I'll have been on a plane as well. Stupid flying tin cans and their impossibilities.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

This'll be the first time I've ever gone abroad on holiday. Thatnks for telling me I'll have a wonderful time and that it'll be great.
    'Oh, and one more thing, the best way to not get run over is to act as if you want to be run over.'
    And it'll be the first ever time I'll have been on a plane as well. Stupid flying tin cans and their impossibilities.
    You really will have a great time, Italy is amazing. The traffic is just something my parents focus on/tell stories about because they can't enjoy anything

I love planes, knowing I am greater than all the little people who can't fly is awesome. But then again I tend to go on power trips for no reason

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

Avatar wasn't bad if you went into it not expecting the Godlike creation that the prerelease promised. It was Pocahontas IN SPACE!!! and I'm ok with that, it's a good film. And they even called the stuff they were after Unobtainium, didn't even bother to cover it up in pseudo-technical gibberish which I like.

Totally not deserving of a Best Film Oscar nomination (and the 3D was far less spectacular than promised) but it was alright and I'd happily buy it on DVD.
    I think this film is wortha Nameless-Review.
    Over all I would say 10/10 for the art deppartment, 5/10 for the story.

29. - Top - End - #989

Heh, the Britlander Complaint leaps to the fore of any holiday oncce again. Any recommendations for places to visit? And yep, the Coliseum and more or less the entire Vatican is on the List.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-02-28 at 06:20 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

30. - Top - End - #990
    Troll in the Playground

This...does not sound like it is correct.

I wish I could help you Koorly, but I've only ever been to France, Germany, Belgium and Denmark, and that was when I was, like, 12 years old.

So...yeah, my knowledge of mainland Europe isn't all that up-to-date. ^^;

In other news: Artisian Bread: Freakin' delicious. :3 Especially when it's made by a world-class baker. *AKA: My mama. <3* Mmm~ So good.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-02-28 at 06:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show