New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Woohoo! So what was your favorite part?
    Fluttersuit? Missile Mare? Celestia and Luna pulling out their little black book of hotties?
    My Season 3 highlights just glancing over it in my memory (and my apologies if this is retreading old ground, but there's a lot of thread behind me and I don't think I have the time to catch up):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rarity's "THERE'S CRYSTAL PONIES!?" face has gotta become a ponymote. Normally my best moments go to Fluttershy, but I think she took this one because it clicks on several levels here: apart from being entirely in-character, it's just so blatant it's wonderful.

Twilight's Test song needs to be mashed up with "Trust Yourself" from Home Movies (Not linked for strong language). It'll be hilarious.

You and only you are going to save the empire. Also, your friends are going along, too.

I'd never have guessed Pinkie Pie was that good at cleaning up a party.

Flugelhorn! I know what that is!

Crystal corn must be some very good corn.

Yes, let us trust the bearer of the Element of Honesty to keep the secret fake crystal heart secret.

Okay, yes, she's once again getting by with half-truths. That's our Applejack!

It's too bad we don't get to see the actual evil that Lord Zonde unleashed under his actual reign, and just see afterimages of it. The nightmare door was just really well done and all sorts of nasty.

Rainbow Dash looks cool in a jousting outfit.

Okay, okay, I'll take it easy on you next time. But not too easy.
    And the FlutterDash is reinforced.

Um, so, the Crystal Empire is a giant transmutation circle, and the Crystal Heart is a Philosopher's Stone. I'm just sayin'.

Wait, Applejack x Rarity? You're gettin' your peanut butter in my chocolate, bub.

Stained-glass Spike is the best Spike.

Wait. Um... So- wait. Wait wait wait wait wait, I'm just thinking about this now. Um, is Princess Cadence, like- are we supposed to infer that she's actually a direct descendent of the royal line prior to Lord Bongo's hostile takeover? Like, a family that escaped the empire and hid in secret for X years? I mean, with that one pony in the audience announcing that the Crystal Princess has arrived, and I know that could be more of a title than an actual heritage, but I could totally headfannon that.

The one thing that kinda bummed me out was that the mane 6 didn't spend a lot of time showing off their crystal-evolutions. I mean, that's supposed to be a toy line, isn't it? I was just kind of expecting them becoming crystal to be a big thing. I mean, yeah, it was a big thing, but I thought it'd be more of a rising action than a falling action. Overall, it was an awesome two episodes, with a whole lot of visual work going into Lord Simba that probably isn't going to be noticed outside the internet fanbase. Felt like I was watching Druaga for a moment there.

So yeah, wonderful episode on the whole, the season has now jumped the shark and the show sucks now.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-11-15 at 05:14 PM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ettin in the Playground

So My Littlest Pet Shop premiered on MLP Season 3 premiere. Any adult fans, yet? If so, shall we prepare for the fan nickname.
    I wonder if My Little Pony is the only franchise that ended its previous reputation as silly and dumb and raised to golden age.
    P.S- Isn't it Ironic that there is ponified X-Com (even though it's fan art) since Hasbro destroyed X-Com franchise by X-Com Enforcer?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

Not to add to the the misunderstood villain fuel, since I hate that, but an EQD thing just think of a:

Crazy theory

With this wonderful screencap here, we know the door trap makes Twilight's eyes go glowy green and red, a la dark magic. What if Sombra got trapped by the door (made by someone else even further back), and then, afraid of his worse fear, made sure it would never come to pass (by enslaving the crystal ponies). That is why his eyes are as they are, not because of the dark magic (which came later). Then he gets smoked (hah!) and actually goes insane.

Using an Occam's razor approach, this makes no sense, and I personally don't like it either, but I figured I'd throw it out there for people to chew on.
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2012-11-15 at 05:25 PM.
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madcrafter View Post
    Not to add to the the misunderstood villain fuel, since I hate that, but an EQD thing just think of a:

Crazy theory

With this wonderful screencap here, we know the door trap makes Twilight's eyes go glowy green and red, a la dark magic. What if Sombra got trapped by the door (made by someone else even further back), and then, afraid of his worse fear, made sure it would never come to pass (by enslaving the crystal ponies). That is why his eyes are as they are, not because of the dark magic (which came later). Then he gets smoked (hah!) and actually goes insane.

Using an Occam's razor approach, this makes no sense, and I personally don't like it either, but I figured I'd throw it out there for people to chew on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombra
    Blarg Crystals Crystals Slaves. Slaves Cystals
    Alright let me translate.
    "Actually the door's cosmetic effect is just that, cosmetic. Those eyes look totally wicked when you're at a concert."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Alright let me translate.
    "Actually the door's cosmetic effect is just that, cosmetic. Those eyes look totally wicked when you're at a concert."
    I bet they do. Though a door seems an odd choice of furniture/building for that purpose.

(now imagining crystal ponies at concerts)
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2012-11-15 at 05:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

I am now imagining someone trying to sell illicit drugs at a rave, one of which is called "Crystal Pony."

I have another picture in mind regarding how said drug is produced, but I think me talking about this picture in this context is far enough for the thread.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

Sombra meets Molestia (safeish for work, but you'd get some really really odd looks)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    WOOHOO! Final exam done! Assuming I don't horribly fail it, I am now hold the titles of Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Commerce!

I can finally say for reals that I have a degree in creative writing! I outrank everyone here! Except Phoe, I think she's got a degree and is a magical pony princess. I got nothing on that.

And to celebrate, I am finally turning all of my chat programs back on. Internet, I am yours fully once again.
    Congrats, you've got me beat by one degree now! My revenge will be swift with professional accreditation next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Related to the previous two... I'm actually kind of surprised at how much it took to just turn off my inner skeptic for the Season 3 opener, and how enjoyable it was when I turned it off. Like, I'm excited about ponies again, even though part of me wants to be sour and curl up on itself to avoid any hint of blame for being a geeky fan.

Still a bit hard to watch Rarity as a character as opposed to cipher or symbol. Takes a bit of conscious effort.

Spike deserved this episode.

Wife Caber Toss.

What more is there to say?
    Dear Princess Celestia

Today I learned that when everything looks the bleakest, and the ancient insane evil is about to take over the world ... tossing your wife at him always works.

Your faithful student
    Shining Armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    I watched Raz respond in real time!

He is the best at reacting to television shows. The best.
    Indeed, I think the "GO SPIKE, BE THE SAM" quotes were my favourite, particularly when the LotR ponies vid came out the next day.

I bet they do. Though a door seems an odd choice of furniture/building for that purpose.

Tie them to the ceiling, use them as disco balls?

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Tie them to the ceiling, use them as disco balls?
    My thought process on this comment:

Hmmm... interesting idea. But they aren't exactly round, and wouldn't hang that well... why not just use the heads then? *stares at screen in horror when realization hits*
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2012-11-15 at 06:02 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmm... interesting idea. But they aren't exactly round, and wouldn't hang that well... why not just use the heads then? *stares at screen in horror when realization hits*
    And that's how Fallout Equestria was made!

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    On the subject of promises to Ponythread...

Some of you may remember about a year ago, I extended the challenge of "How long until I screw up and say 'somepony' instead of 'somebody'?" Sort of a little challenge to see how long until ponies absolutely corrupted my brain. Well, I just did.

The only problem is I was talking to myself. Alone. With the door closed. But it was still an honest-to-goodness slip-up. I meant to say, out loud, "somebody", and out came "somepony." But I was technically talking to myself, which some may argue that means my defenses were naturally down, and thus, doesn't count. So I'm turning it over to you all: Should I call this the moment when I finally slipped up, or should I wait until I'm talking with others and it happens?
    I say we call it what it is: Amish BVictory.

It's ben what, two years? You win dude. OI give up XD

Pony Thoughts:
    Ebul majix Celestia scares the everloving piss out of me.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    No need to be so patronizing. I know you have a latin temper, but this is just vulgar. I have run out of roman social class puns so soon :C
    This (before white text) struck me so much as akin to the latin humour in Asterix, in that I can often tell it's a joke, but my understanding of it is insufficient.

I wish sometimes I had any kind of foreign languages skills so that I could learn Latin. Sadly, languages is one area I am just deficient. I even tried learning Klingon once, but failed as badly as that as French at school... Still one can't be awesome at everything, right?

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    They then left and discussed Twilight's [DATA EXPUNGED] over ice cream.
    Somepony else been spending to much time with the SCP, I see...

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    My Season 3 highlights just glancing over it in my memory (and my apologies if this is retreading old ground, but there's a lot of thread behind me and I don't think I have the time to catch up):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rarity's "THERE'S CRYSTAL PONIES!?" face has gotta become a ponymote. Normally my best moments go to Fluttershy, but I think she took this one because it clicks on several levels here: apart from being entirely in-character, it's just so blatant it's wonderful.

Twilight's Test song needs to be mashed up with "Trust Yourself" from Home Movies (Not linked for strong language). It'll be hilarious.

You and only you are going to save the empire. Also, your friends are going along, too.

I'd never have guessed Pinkie Pie was that good at cleaning up a party.

Flugelhorn! I know what that is!

Crystal corn must be some very good corn.

Yes, let us trust the bearer of the Element of Honesty to keep the secret fake crystal heart secret.

Okay, yes, she's once again getting by with half-truths. That's our Applejack!

It's too bad we don't get to see the actual evil that Lord Zonde unleashed under his actual reign, and just see afterimages of it. The nightmare door was just really well done and all sorts of nasty.

Rainbow Dash looks cool in a jousting outfit.

Okay, okay, I'll take it easy on you next time. But not too easy.
    And the FlutterDash is reinforced.

Um, so, the Crystal Empire is a giant transmutation circle, and the Crystal Heart is a Philosopher's Stone. I'm just sayin'.

Wait, Applejack x Rarity? You're gettin' your peanut butter in my chocolate, bub.

Stained-glass Spike is the best Spike.

Wait. Um... So- wait. Wait wait wait wait wait, I'm just thinking about this now. Um, is Princess Cadence, like- are we supposed to infer that she's actually a direct descendent of the royal line prior to Lord Bongo's hostile takeover? Like, a family that escaped the empire and hid in secret for X years? I mean, with that one pony in the audience announcing that the Crystal Princess has arrived, and I know that could be more of a title than an actual heritage, but I could totally headfannon that.

The one thing that kinda bummed me out was that the mane 6 didn't spend a lot of time showing off their crystal-evolutions. I mean, that's supposed to be a toy line, isn't it? I was just kind of expecting them becoming crystal to be a big thing. I mean, yeah, it was a big thing, but I thought it'd be more of a rising action than a falling action. Overall, it was an awesome two episodes, with a whole lot of visual work going into Lord Simba that probably isn't going to be noticed outside the internet fanbase. Felt like I was watching Druaga for a moment there.

So yeah, wonderful episode on the whole, the season has now jumped the shark and the show sucks now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree that it seems to be implying that Cadance is a descendant of the Crystal Empire's royal family.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HamHam View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree that it seems to be implying that Cadance is a descendant of the Crystal Empire's royal family.
    Now that you mentioned it, I wonder if Pinkie Pie
    Spoiler
    Show
    is also a descendent of Crystal Ponies! (Rock Farm and her element of laughter).
    P.S- I think her rock farm is started to be true after her knowledge about Parasprite, which means that they cultivated rock instead of crops.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Still one can't be awesome at everything, right?
    (Spittake)
    YOU admit that?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #1036

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Three and a half? I could see a case for three, or for four, or for one or zero, depending on one's base assumptions, but unless you're assuming a Cadance that I don't see I don't know how you're counting.
    Well, you've got...

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I think Luna + Nightmare Moon = 1.5

Since they are technically the same person and all.
    Yeah, that. Celestia, Discord, Luna+Nightmare moon.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking of, where's the obligatory fanfiction that features Nightmare Lord Disqualis?
    ---

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (Spittake)
    YOU admit that?
    What? One should always know one's limitations. I might be a master necromancer, superlative combatant, peerless admiral and absolute genius, but I still have my limits.

Such as singing and dancing at the same time (the part I least like about the panto), or languages or my complete inability to tie anything but the most very basic of knots, even after numerous attempts to educate me otherwise...

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Somepony else been spending to much time with the SCP, I see...
    Just a bit too much. It's totally not what I've been doing for most of the past two days... *shifty eyes* That site is far too good at being intriguingly creepy.

And now, to keep this post sufficiently pony-related, I shall browse DeviantArt for good new pony arts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Step right up! We've got dark magic Twilight!

Shipping!

Space!

Crystal Derpy!

And, not shown or linked, things man was not meant to know. Because I was foolish and left my filters off during the search.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

Ok... I know this might be entirely old news for you guys; but I just discovered that Twilights gender bent version is named Dusk Shine.... I'll tell you it is weird to read a shipping fanfiction and read your username every once in a while (the Fanfiction in question is "The Unexpected Love Life of Dusk Shine") >_>.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

I think Applejack stays the same; but I can't remember anyone else.
    Just call me Dusk

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Just a bit too much. It's totally not what I've been doing for most of the past two days... *shifty eyes* That site is far too good at being intriguingly creepy.
    I have some sympathy - the first time someone carelessly linked to it on these forums, I lost about twelve hours...

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Banned

More seriously though, of you're tying ponies up, what fun is it to leave them there?

Quote Originally Posted by HamHam View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    This has been fan speculation since halfway through season 2, actually. Although when we saw crystal empire we assumed it would e Twilight who was long lost heir at first, Cadence's toy had the crystal empire stuff on her box.

You don't argue with the toy box.

24. - Top - End - #1044

Let's not forget Apocalypse Apollo, Nightmare Moon's R63 version.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    I think Applejack stays the same; but I can't remember anyone else.
    Oops, deleted my last post thinking there wasn't enough substance. >.> Spike's been turned to Barbara, I think, and Discord is Eris. Sounds right.

Errr... Hardware Store. Impressive how there's a scene for every item in the list.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

Another revelation.... my username sounds pretty much like a pony name already... so what do you guys think. Does Dusk Eclipse sounds like a unicorn, pegasus or Earth Pony name?

edit: on rule 63 ponies, Shining Armour-> Gleaming Armour/shield (have seen both) and Queen Chrisalys-> King Metamorphosis.
    Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2012-11-15 at 11:03 PM.
    Just call me Dusk

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Unicorns often have astralogical/sky related cutie marks, all stars and stuff. I'd go with that personally.

A pegasus Dusk Eclipse I struggle to imagine except as one of those hilarious "Dark Edgy Pony With Dark Edgy Secret!" Style OC's, all black coat and red spikes everywhere.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Well, Unicorns often have astralogical/sky related cutie marks, all stars and stuff. I'd go with that personally.

A pegasus Dusk Eclipse I struggle to imagine except as one of those hilarious "Dark Edgy Pony With Dark Edgy Secret!" Style OC's, all black coat and red spikes everywhere.
    .... is it bad that I thought of a Pegasus King Sombra? And that I thought it would look awesome? >_<
    Just call me Dusk

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    .... is it bad that I thought of a Pegasus King Sombra? And that I thought it would look awesome? >_<
    Good thing he wasn't, otherwise he may've just flown and taken the heart. I'm thinking red-tipped black wings- oh I can't unthink it. Curses.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

so..my thoughts on the tvguide poll...

methinks this could be a very eye-opening poll
    --this is the first BIG poll we are trying to influence..previous polls have been on what you have to admit are "niche" sites--toy sites, fan sites, "geek" sites..but this one is by TV Guide..big and mainstream(even if most shows on the list are sci-fi/fantasy/paranormal

--when i voted earlier pony was at 2%..near the bottom, but EQD had just posted about it to "rally the bronies"

--on top of the record rating the premier set for HUB(again)..plus i am sure they had at least one person checking the livestreams to see how full many of em were and gauge reaction..plus the # of youtube hits for premiere..if there is enough brony numbers to push pony to top/near top in this i think it could make Hasbro sit up and take note..

--if pony finishes top 10 or so i think that may finally show Hasbro we are a valid demographic..though i would fervently hope they dont try to tailor the show more towards us as that would almost certainly result in destroying what attracted such an unexpected fanbase to a show in the 1st place..but it may make them more amenable to what many polls say we want, BETTER merchandise

--and of course if pony STAYS down near the bottom at 2% it will show some
    overzelous folks that as much as we would like it to be true we just ARE NOT a big enough demographic compared to the target audience to get all butthurt when Hasbro makes a decision that goes against fanon
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-11-16 at 12:11 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar