New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[Library]

"Hmm... is there something in particular it should be designed to guard or is it just a home defense type thing?" Nadas asks, pondering choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Harnel gets up off of Ariel a moment later, a bit too dazed to realize what just happened, when he looks her over. Oh, that's not good. He'd been hoping she was a bit tougher than that, what with the demon blood and such, especially since he couldn't exactly control his descent.

His immediate response is to check Ariel's wounds, before tearing off his shirt and ripping it to shreds for bandages. They don't have much of an infirmary inside the keep, and Harnel used up the last of his healing potions during the training session with Kate when he got kicked. Assuming he can manage it, Harnel will immediately begin wrapping Ariel's wounds.

Cessie, Libra knocked me out of the air and onto Ariel, and she needs medical attention. I'm out of potions for her, so i may need to bring her to inside.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

Ariel's left arm is obviously snapped in at least two places, and her stomach is a torn mess, shards of the broken orb deep in her, at least four of them that can be seen through the remains of her blood-soaked dress. The shards are likely too deep for Harnel to deal with. Other than that, she's covered in scrapes and bruises from where he hit her. For now, she seems just unconscious.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Library

Kirin is paying attention now, and adds her two cents to the conversation. "Hey, it might be a good idea to not make it obvious that it's a defense construct. Hide weapons or just make it skilled in unarmed combat. That way, the intruders won't know how dangerous it is until it's already beat them around a bit."

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

[Path]

As it happens, Wenomir is strolling up to the Mithar Keep, having decided to pay Cessie and Harnel a visit in their new home. He hasn't seen Harnel fall from the sky or hit Ariel, however.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Library]

"I'd like to to be fairly intelligent though, at human level. Heck, I might actually start paying it if it reaches such a level of intelligence. The problem with that is it might not even want to stay here, free will and all." Cessie explains. "The idea is to trap a non-sentient spirit inside it and 'wake it', which basically means you make it aware of itself."

The sorceress then turn to Nadas and Kirin, "As for defenses, hiding weapons is actually a really good idea. Perhaps some sort of limited shape shifting? Turning hands into claws and such. I was planning to have it be a home defense 'thing', trying to bind it to the building itself. The enchantments would take forever to make but I think I might be able to do it with my brothers help."

[Courtyard]

Without actually replying to him Cessie will open the door to see what have happened, now very worried for a completely different reason then she was before. Her idiot of a husband had encountered that creature again and had now hurt yet another of her friends.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Harnel looks at Cessie standing in the doorway for a moment, wondering what she was trying to do. Was she opening the door for him to come inside?

"Cessie, I mean Inside, the City. Ariel needs a hospital." Somewhere with doctors and healers that could sort out the issue of whatever had gone into her stomach. Harnel knew a bit of first aid, but he simply didn't have the experience to deal with internal bleeding, which was probable here, "I'm the fastest one here, so I'll get her to the hospital. I'll be back soon, I promise."

there's a bit of hesitance there. He knows he probably already made Cessie angry with his antics regarding coming on the quest for the cure, but he's most definitely the quickest of the lot.

Unless he is somehow stopped, Harnel will pick Ariel up and start flying with her towards inside. He knows where a few of the hospitals are, and so that's where he goes.

8. - Top - End - #338

[Courtyard]

She was actually trying to see what was going on outside, but no matter, it seems he have no interest in talking right now.

"Just go! I'll come after you!" The mage shouts at Harnel before she gently takes off from the ground. She needed to follow him along to at least see where he was going. If Ariel died... Libra had already caused them misery but this was just at another level. It even took priority before the very long talk she planned to have with the idiot she married.

Kirin, Ariel have been wounded, I'm going to check up on her. Can you take care of the keep while I'm gone? She tells the catgirl who should be used to telepathy at this point.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"I have heard rumors of legendary buildings themselves that were such constructs. Sentient guardians. But I can't fathom the level of skill required to create such a thing."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Dwarf in the Playground

Courtyard

Uhh, sure. Good luck...?
    Kirin sounds like she's not entirely sure what to make of this. She can't think of any reason why she couldn't, but she's not sure what to make of the situation. Or telepathy, but she'll probably get used to that. Eventually.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Foyer]

"Well, I could just give you a room here on the bottom floor." Cessie replies with a smile, offering her andh to Sakura to help her up. "We don't use many rooms anyway with only three of us living here. There is plenty of space for guests and servants."
    Sakura accepts the hand up gratefully. "Yeah, I bet. This place is so huge." Sakura likes the idea of not having to use the stairs all the time. That'll be so so nice on her back.

12. - Top - End - #342

[Foyer==> Sakura's Room]

The sorceress will lead her into one of the unused guestrooms who happens to be on the first floor. I'm sure it looks better then the rooms in Watch at the very least considering all things.

"Here we are, this room must be better then the one you have in Watch at least." She comments as she shows the dryad the room. After letting Sakura look around a bit she smiles mischievously. "Want to see something really dumb?"

[Library]

"Not at that level of course, I was just thinking of having the construct being able to transport through the walls and the floors of this place. That would be something wouldn't it? Of course, I would have to enchant every wall, ceiling and floor but still." Cessie replies to Nadas.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sakura's Room]

Sakura does indeed take a look around. At the very least it's cleaner than her room at Watch. Not a single pile of clothes. She turns around and looks curiously at Cessie. "Uh, sure." She says, wondering what Cessie could mean.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

Dorota straightens the glasses on her nose again. I'm afraid it's not really my area of expertise. Noone from my homeworld has ever done that. However, I am fairly certain that the sentience of a construct depends greatly on how it is treated in the first months of its existence. A construct treated like a mindless automaton will become a mindless automaton. A construct treated like a sentient being - which is how I intend to treat Sizewell - will gain more advanced cognitive abilities. I don't think it only applies to alchemical construct either - while only alchemists can create golems on my homeworld, ultimately it's just the method of achieving a goal.

[Path ==> Entrance]

Hearing raised voices, Wenomir breaks into a run and arrives at the entrance quickly, hopefully just after Harnel takes off.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"I know a few enchanting rituals, but I admit constructs themselves are not something I've studied extensively, especially not sentient ones. You suggest they develop such abilities based on the nurture factor?" Nadas directs this last question at Dorota, flipping out his notepad to take notes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #346

[Sakura's Room]

"Okay, come on."

Cessie will then lead Sakura out of the room and then fly her up a few floors to what appears to be Harnel's study. She leads her inside and then opens a trap door behind the desk. "You're not going to believe this." She says with a smile before going down the trap door.

If Sakura follows her down she will eventually see a wast hoard of adamantite bars. However these bars are rather oddly shaped, they are 'stacked' if you will.
    "Harnel gained them from a wish, guess from who?"

[Library]

"That's and interesting theory Dorota, I could actually see it being applied on a spirit as well. So how were you planning to raise Sizewell?" Cessie inquires.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

Yes, this is what I think, Dorota says in response to Nadas. A construct is a completely blank slate at the moment of animation, and the theory is that it makes them very impressionable, perhaps even more than newborn sentient beings. As for how I plan to raise Sizewell... I'm not sure, honestly. This is why I went to the library - to study construct sentience more extensively and find out what I can and can't do.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

[Boob Hoard]

All Sakura can do is stare. Are those... No... She looks a moment longer to make sure. After some dumbfounded silence she bursts out laughing. It takes her a bit to recover enough to speak. "I can't believe it. Libra did this?" It's all she can do to not start laughing again.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Courtyard]

She was actually trying to see what was going on outside, but no matter, it seems he have no interest in talking right now.

"Just go! I'll come after you!" The mage shouts at Harnel before she gently takes off from the ground. She needed to follow him along to at least see where he was going. If Ariel died... Libra had already caused them misery but this was just at another level. It even took priority before the very long talk she planned to have with the idiot she married.

Kirin, Ariel have been wounded, I'm going to check up on her. Can you take care of the keep while I'm gone? She tells the catgirl who should be used to telepathy at this point.
    Harnel, of course, will make all haste towards one of the hospitals in Inside, carrying Ariel with him. Unfortunately, Wenomir is missed in Harnel's haste
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-01-22 at 06:37 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Wenomir arrives just as Harnel flies off, so he adresses Cessie. He doesn't appear winded after his run towards the keep. Looks like I picked a very bad time to visit. Who was this bloodied person Harnel was flying off with?

21. - Top - End - #351

[Boob Hoard]

"Apparently it was her way of punishing Harnel's greed." Cessie says with a amused smile. "Those bars have made most of the keep apparently. I must really ask how he even work these out when they are shaped like this. I guess he got... preferences." The mage chuckles.

[Library]

"I see, awakened spirits are similar in a way, I'm sure you could find a book about it here however. I have no idea how Harnel found all these but it's a huge collection." The sorceress claims as she gestures towards the shelves around them.

[Courtyard]

"That was Ariel, a friend of mine." Cessie replies briefly. "Talk with Kirin if you need anything Wenomir. I need to go." And then she flies off unless there is anything else.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"You said Harnel is your betrothed, correct? Is he a studier of mystical arts as well?" Nadas inquires, stepping up to a bookcase and looking at the different volumes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

Dorota's eyes gleam as she looks at the books. Yes, I imagine there should be something about what I'm looking for there. It must have taken a while to collect all these.

[Courtyard]

I- Well, damn. With Cessie and Harnel gone, there's not much point in him being here. He just wanted to see their new house, really. Still, Wenomir goes to look for whoever Kirin is. Maybe he can get an answer as to just what happened, at least.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

[Boob Hoard]

Sakura just giggles a little more and shakes her head. "It's a wonder he can even look at them." It's all terribly amusing to her. No way he's going to avoid teasing. >.>

25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground

Courtyard

A cat girl looks out into the courtyard, looking at the path to Inside. She's all in blue, with cream fur and some black stripes. It seems to be that she put the knife belts down, as she is not currently hung with a large amount of pointy items. After a moment, she notices Wenomir.

"Hello! Can I help you?"

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Wenomir gives the catgirl a nod.
    Well, yes. Are you Kirin? I'm Wenomir, a friend of Cessie and Harnel's. I came here to visit them, but now they've apparently gone to a hospital with another person. Do you have any idea what happened?

27. - Top - End - #357
    Dwarf in the Playground

Courtyard

"Um..."

Kirin is quiet for a while. What is going on here, anyway?

"So, I'm not sure about the details, but that girl? Ariel? She was hurt and has to be rushed to the hospital. Before that, there was some mess with some lagoinal who did something stupid... um... it's a long story and a lot is happening at once."

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Wenomir rubs his forehead. Merciful Perun. Harnel and Cessie just can't get a break. He sighs. Mind if I wait here? I'd like to ask them just what happened once they get back.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

Courtyard

Kirin nods. No reason why not. "Go ahead! Is there anything I can get for you?"

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Uh... no, thanks. I'll just sit down somewhere and wait. And potentially freak Dorota out, but she's not here anymore in this continuity. So, you're Cessie and Harnel's butler? Wenomir asks curiously.