New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] MURDER II: Actual Levels of Murder May Vary

[Operative's Office - B'xarenef]

Actually, no they don't. The base is dimension-locked, and it is impossible to teleport in or out. The drow will have to leave the plain old-fashioned way.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

She does so, firing an acid orb landing about three inches away from the operative.

You have three days.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

3. - Top - End - #333

[Operative's Office]

The acid orb is caught via the Operative's telekinesis and flung up to the metal ceiling. Yes, this client would definitely be a problem, if they blatantly disregarded the "no time limits" rule. He grabs a notepad and pen, laying them on the desk. "If you are looking to enter, What, do so," he calls.

4. - Top - End - #334

Operative's Office

What steps in, and immediately turns his head towards the ceiling, before setting his attentions back on the Operative. A notepad comes out of one pocket, and our magical, murder-crazed pumpkin golem starts writing something down. I think he has something important to say to the Operative.

Quote Originally Posted by What's Notepad
    The ceiling is different.
    ...Or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #335

[Operative's Office]

"A result of of our latest client and her arrogance. Very ungrateful for someone who wants their daughter dead," the Operative says, while making a mental note to get the ceiling repaired. "Her contract is open, if you desire it."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-07-21 at 09:19 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336

Operative's Office

Quote Originally Posted by What's Notepad
    The contract upon the daughter, or another upon the client herself?
    What doesn't care either way, but it's best to get things like that cleared up early on, so he doesn't show up later dragging in the wrong dead lady.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

7. - Top - End - #337

[Operative's Office]

"Upon the daughter, for now." As much of a risk that the client was, the payment was too much for the Operative to double-cross her at this moment. "She is held up in an inn known as the Sleeping Goblin, no known combat abilities. The client has requested that only she be killed, leave everyone else alive. And to bring the body to her." A few moments, and he adds. "She also added a time limit of three days."

8. - Top - End - #338

Operative's Office

What puts the notepad away, turns around, and walks right out the door. No goodbyes, no further questions, no promises to do the job better than anyone else could, none of that. Just straight away to the mission with him.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

9. - Top - End - #339

Main Room

Fade appears here out of nowhere. People may wonder why? He did the dimenson ock and he made an acception for himself. Not that he overuses this ability , but it's good to have it.

He heads over to the board where the jobs get out.

"Nothing new I assume?" he asks whoever is around
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #340

[Main Room]

Jane looks up at Fade when he asks about new contracts. "Nothing new that hasn't already been taken. Sorry."

11. - Top - End - #341

[Main Room]

"Well, I know how the Operative thinks of me so I never assumed new contracts I could follow."

He then heads for the Dimenson lock room. It's the room he made the ritual for the dimenson lock very easy, right? Until now only he and The operative should know whaere it is.

12. - Top - End - #342

[Lobby]

"Or all new contracts have been taken, but whatever," Jane says with an eyeroll to accompany. Fade is allowed to go to the room.

13. - Top - End - #343

[Lobby]

Well it's not like he is wrong after all, right? The Operative does have his preferred people. It's just sad that there aren't enougth contracts to follow.
    So Fade will go back to his room or more the room with the Circle who prevents teleporting.

14. - Top - End - #344

The Bar

Into the bar walks Zack, a calm young man of about 16 with piercing violet eyes and a head of deep-brown, nearly black hair. Everything about him is uniform, barring his right hand, which is far more pale and slender than his right. Over one arm is the strap to a dufflebag, and in his normal hand the handle to a violin case rests in tight fingers.

His crisp, formal clothing might mark him as someone of means, and certainly makes him stand out in a place like this, but he walks up to the counter with purpose despite his age.

"Give me The Drink, and hold your objections." He drops a single, large emerald onto the counter with an expectant look in his eyes.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #345

[The Bar]

John the bartender soon places A Drink on the bar. Yeah, this kid was here for a reason. Normally, he'd question the age of the kid, but that isn't what he's paid for. "Bathroom's in the back, if you need to use it," he says.

16. - Top - End - #346

The Bar

Zack seems to consider it a moment, and nods, "I think I will. Hold my drink for me until I get back then, and keep the tip." And with no more words, he'll head for the indicated room.

It's time he committed himself to a course of action, even one as morbid as this.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #347

[The Bar -> The Back]

There is, as always, an elevator set in one of the walls of the backroom for Zack to head through. Should he enter, it'll take him to the lobby.

18. - Top - End - #348

The Back -> The Lobby

Then down he'll go, shouldering the duffle bag a little higher and tightening his grip on the violin case as the elevator descends.

Now or never.

19. - Top - End - #349

[Lobby]

There isn't much to the lobby. A few doors, some chairs for waiting, and a desk in the center, behind which a secretary sits. She looks at Zack with no expression on her face. "You're here for a contract, I assume."

20. - Top - End - #350

Lobby

"I am." Zack replies smoothly, looking about for a moment before turning his eyes back to Jane.

"Should I wait, or is whoever I need to arrange things with free?"

21. - Top - End - #351

[Lobby]

"He's free," Jane says. "Head on into his office, over there. He knows you're coming."

22. - Top - End - #352

Lobby -> Operative's Office

"Of course he is. Excuse me then." With a polite nod, Zack walks past Jane's desk to the door, quickly opening it and closing it behind him.

23. - Top - End - #353

[Operative's Office]

The Operative is mostly the same as always, although he's now suddenly a corporeal human. Still fond of gas masks, though. He stares at Zach through his lenses, trying to use his telepathy to get his real name without being detected. "You're a little young to purchase a contract. Of no matter, though."

24. - Top - End - #354

Operative's Office

"According to some, no one is ever too young to want someone dead. I'll start with the information you need, and you can ask what you like from there. I'm the only son of an influential Westside family, and my parents have begun to act against me, hoping to either force me into their idea of a perfect heir or put me out of the way while they're still young enough to raise whatever bastard son they can wring out of me. Even with the former, there are more plots at work than just a simple rebellion against parental traditions, but those are my own burdens to bear. What you need to know is that I need both of my parents, along with a short list of their supporters within the house, killed for my own safety and peace of mind. Until it's accomplished, I will have to remain in hiding so that I can distance myself from their actions. Their wills need to be swapped with a pair of forgeries I can provide, and the acts can't look like an outside act of murder. My mother is quite famous among her circles for the parties she throws, and the type of people who show up at them. It might make for a decent way of covering up the traces that would lead back here, should you stage one, but I leave the exact methods up to your expertise." Now that the words are finally off of his lips, they suddenly seem a bit more ominous. Still, he continues.

First he unlocks and opens the violin case, taking out two envelopes from the pouch under the lid and placing them on the desk before closing and locking it once more. Then he opens the duffel bag and withdraws a pillow-case full of things that clink together.

"I can't afford to give you all of this, or I would. I need a few pieces to rent a place to stay while you do your deeds, but on top of what I can give you here as a down payment, I'm willing to offer 10% of the Aegidus estate's liquid assets when I take control of the family." He spills some of the pieces of jewellery from the sack onto the envelopes. Each must be worth a fortune on its own, and the sack is heavy with them.

As for his name, the Operative will find the mental image of a lock for a brief moment, before the name Zachariah Aegidus is provided. Zack seems to be unaware of the exchange. The Aegidus name holds no small amount of influence in Westside to those that know it, as the family is very old and wealthy by both influence and rumored cash.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-08-21 at 04:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Operative's Office]

That answer seems to get a reaction out of the Operative, who is starting to drum his fingers on a desk. "Before I give a proper test of your abilities, you will need to fill this out," he says as a membership form is brought to his hand, which he places on the desk in front of Crossbones.
    "I'm afraid my touch would melt the paper...It's my curse, poison touch..."

26. - Top - End - #356

[Operative's Office - Zack]

The Operative considers the information given to him. Zack didn't sound like much other than a rebellious teenager with money, but he doesn't deal in angst; he deals in death. "This can be done, and the payment you offer is acceptable, as long as you hold to it. All that we need is your two counterfeit wills."

[Operative's Office - Crossbones]

A pen floats above the form. "Then dictate, and it will be filled out for you." This is fancy IC talk for 'fill it out anyway.'

27. - Top - End - #357

Operative's Office - Zack

He seems serious enough about what he's doing. If this was just for angst and rebellion, he would most likely not have considered the consequences so thoroughly.

Zack taps the two envelopes when the wills are mentioned, indicating that they're inside, "One envelope also contains the list of supporters that needs taking care of. The other has a set of blueprints to the house on slides, assuming you have a way of viewing them. I'd ask that you don't send someone who might burn down the manor, if at all possible. I've heard horror stories of your earliest attempts at espionage, and I'm wary of such an act perpetrated on my home. Still, if you're agreed then the contract is yours, and payment will be gratefully delivered when it's done, on top of what I've shown you here. If you can give me an estimate as to how long you expect it to take, I'll know how many of these gems and bits of jewellery I can afford to leave you while still having enough for my own expenses." With the obvious implication being that a faster job will produce more money upfront for him to work with.

Sasha, his demonic right arm and current sharer of headspace, may note that he was awfully prepared to hire assassins after his parents on leaving the house. In those two fat envelopes, he had practically everything he needed tucked safely into his violin case at all times, barring the money.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Sasha does indeed take note of it. These aren't things you can just simply whisk out of thin air, and even with magic it's hard to make something like this. But, she can tell the seriousness of the situation. She's waiting until the conversation in the real world is done before talking to Zack about it.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

29. - Top - End - #359

[Operative's Office]

The two envelopes slide across the desk. He unfortunately can only think of one person able to get the contract done without being seen or burning the place. He lets Zach's comments about their early days slide, they were true. "We are in agreement, and your proposed payment is fair. Expect the job to be completed within the fortnight." He was being a little generous, though he was also accounting for recon and the purchasing of supplies.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post

The Operative considers the information given to him. Zack didn't sound like much other than a rebellious teenager with money, but he doesn't deal in angst; he deals in death. "This can be done, and the payment you offer is acceptable, as long as you hold to it. All that we need is your two counterfeit wills."

[Operative's Office - Crossbones]

A pen floats above the form. "Then dictate, and it will be filled out for you." This is fancy IC talk for 'fill it out anyway.'
    Not sure where the sheet is, but he fills it out.