New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

I think I posted chibi-Swillin before because of her indescribable cuteness, but nobody commented on it.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

I was trying to work out a themesong...
    Myyy little yozi... I used to wonder what friendship could be...

Silent Dash!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Silent Dash!
    I'm actually working on a Rainbow Scourge at the moment.

In the process of coloring it.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Have I mentioned how awesome you are?
    GLORY TO THE INFERNAL RABBIT
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I'm actually working on a Rainbow Scourge at the moment.

In the process of coloring it.
    Not enough wings (think seraph) and shouldn't the Cruelie Mark be swirly, or does she favor Hegra? Looks good though.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Why am I so annoyed at chibi-Sun? I keep thinking "But... but... when he was younger he didn't look like a human..."
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Banned

For me, it's the red outline.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

There's definitely something off about him.

Also, AThousandWords, you wanted me to update the first post. With what?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

9. - Top - End - #219
    Banned

The "Currently Recruiting Games" section is out of date, I believe.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

True. Though, at the moment, there's not much to replace it. Or, at least, nothing suggested in the thread.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

11. - Top - End - #221
    Banned
    Last edited by Qaera; 2011-05-23 at 08:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

1) I am not running the Pirates game. I am a player in that game, though I did start the thread.

2) As far as I'm aware, Hyperion is no longer recruiting for the game at this point.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    GLORY TO THE INFERNAL RABBIT
    Yes, yes, I am very glorious.
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    Not enough wings (think seraph) and shouldn't the Cruelie Mark be swirly, or does she favor Hegra? Looks good though.
    Not a bad idea for the wings, although that seems more like an Oramus Charm than Adorjan. I'll see if I can make it look good. I also intend to make the caste mark a little bit better. (And of course she favors Hegra. I'm sure there's a Double Rainbow charm cascade hidden in their somewhere.)

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm...

So, I had a strange idea (as anyone who spends any amount of time on an Infernal is wont to do). An Infernal fairy godparent.

Malefactor with all the appropriate wish-granting Charms. Bestowal of Accursed Fortune, Scoured Perfection of Form and Miracle Gift Mastery are the biggies, though Gifts of Greater Glory and Draught of Sweet Infinity are helpful too. Bestow multiple trait or background dots at once, heal crippling injuries or grant Charms, and bestow all this to mortals despite experience debt. Suddenly fate conspires to grant the penniless scullery maid Backing 5 (The Royal Court) and Allies 5 (The Prince).

Dip into Malfeas Charms. Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai to get Miniscule, Wings, Bio-luminescence, Kin Sense (variant that only applies to godchildren), Alternative Nutriment (Sunshine and Rainbows). Wings and Tiny works well enough for when you don't have the Shintai active.

Favor She Who Lives; Principle Invoking Onslaught, Tool-Transcending Constructs and Experimental Acceleration Mastery would be good for getting sparkly magic effects that, for instance, craft a stagecoach out of a pumpkin.

Any flaws in this plan?
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2011-05-24 at 06:47 PM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

15. - Top - End - #225
    Banned

You need to have some sort of Coloration (Pink) mutation, and an Int • Ally that has Coloration (Green).

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    Any flaws in this plan?
    If you have to go the literal fairy route, relying on Devil Tyrant Avatar Shintai is kind of pointless, and it's expensive and not going to be up very often. Instead, just have By Rage Recast, and then use Scoured Perfection of Form give yourself whatever leftover mutations you need, like Miniscule.

Personally, I'd also get Soul-Sand Devil Shintai and stay immaterial most of the time, and just pay the 1 mote to become audible/visible whenever I need to. Penitents Like Scattered Grains would allow your godchild(ren) to contact you via prayer from wherever.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    You need to have some sort of Coloration (Pink) mutation, and an Int • Ally that has Coloration (Green).
    Naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    If you have to go the literal fairy route, relying on Devil Tyrant Avatar Shintai is kind of pointless, and it's expensive and not going to be up very often. Instead, just have By Rage Recast, and then use Scoured Perfection of Form give yourself whatever leftover mutations you need, like Miniscule.

Personally, I'd also get Soul-Sand Devil Shintai and stay immaterial most of the time, and just pay the 1 mote to become audible/visible whenever I need to. Penitents Like Scattered Grains would allow your godchild(ren) to contact you via prayer from wherever.
    Hmm, my only trouble with actually -buying- mutations is that they're kind of expensive in BP terms. On the other hand, I think Scoured Perfection of Form can also do negative mutations, so I guess that would offset the cost of Miniscule without too much trouble.

Solid. Thanks!
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

18. - Top - End - #228
    Banned

Hakuna Matata?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

This is all I ever dreamed of and more.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Banned

The Lunar (meerkat totem) survived Isidoros, while the Solar attacks.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is it wrong that my very first question upon seeing an awesome picture was "Why is there a catgirl in the corner?" Then I realized that it was just a Lunar.

Man I am a nitpicky *******.

Speaking of which, still waiting on my angst-filled luck dragon.

EDIT: Ah, a meerkatgirl.

And what do you use to draw, Words? I'd assume a tablet.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2011-05-25 at 09:56 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Banned

It's on the list! But what makes a luck dragon a luck dragon? Stylistically speaking.

23. - Top - End - #233

If you haven't seen the Neverending Story, your childhood clearly had no meaning whatsoever.

A luck dragon. Though he doesn't strictly have to look like a luck dragon. I just stole that line from Infernals because I love it to death.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Banned

Hmm, cool. I use an Intuos4 Large and Illustrator.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Here's two pictures. The first is just a general picture, the second is actually of the Ebon Dragon.

Spoiler
    Show

Satomi by Elagune

26. - Top - End - #236
    Banned

Thanks for the references~

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so here's a question for you. I know Lookshy is less
    Spoiler
    Show

than the realm, but though they don't kill solars and lunars on sight they encourage them to move on. Soon. Now would be good. We've packed your cart, bye!

Soooo... what are the chances (given a group of about 8 celestials of various stripes) of a Lookshyan Terrestrial willing to tag along and help them out for various reasons? And, more importantly, what would he need to do to convince his superiors to give him the time off to do so?

Secondly, I know Infernals says that the demon city has tutors for many/most martial arts in creation. I believe that Immaculate Dragon styles were invented shortly post-usurpation (correct me if I'm wrong). I've always viewed Immaculate Styles as kind of being proprietary to the Dragonbloods (and sids) in fluff and sometimes for balance reasons, but I don't know if Akuma and GSPs could realistically begin play having grabbed them from a demon tutor in the Big Brass Apple. Probably ask your ST, but I thought I'd ask a straw poll.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

The odds of a Lookshyan being allowed to tag along with Celestials are as high as your ST wants them to be. It's a rather gray area. Lookshy always needs intel reports (canon says they gather them from any Lookshyan who goes abroad at all), so a guy keeping track of 8 of the world's most dangerous beings wouldn't be out of place.

Immaculate styles were invented post-Usurpation, but demon summoning never stopped. Demons are notorious for spying on and tricking information out of their summoners. While it's pretty unlikely that any given demon has seen more of an Immaculate style than the part that smashed their face in, chances are SOME demon knows at least one of them. If your ST says it's okay (I know I'd be iffy on it).

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I was thinking more of someone who learned an immaculate style went renegade or became an akuma or something. Possibly even Anys Syn or one of her students (the yozis do almost certainly have a backdoor installed in her mind, after all).
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Soooo... what are the chances (given a group of about 8 celestials of various stripes) of a Lookshyan Terrestrial willing to tag along and help them out for various reasons? And, more importantly, what would he need to do to convince his superiors to give him the time off to do so?
    Pretty much zero, as Lookshy follows the Immaculate Faith. Back when the Empress first took over the Realm, one of the conditions Chejop gave in return for his support was that she make the Immaculate Faith the official, state religion, and that they would actively crusade in it's support, i.e. keep the Wyld Hunt going. Lookshy does not have that same actively crusading philosophy for a number of reasons, mainly pragmatism, but they still think OMG ITS TEH ANATEMAS.

Secondly, I know Infernals says that the demon city has tutors for many/most martial arts in creation. I believe that Immaculate Dragon styles were invented shortly post-usurpation (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Yes, the Immaculate Dragon styles were created by Anys Syn shortly after the Usurpation to help the DBs hunt down Anathema.

I've always viewed Immaculate Styles as kind of being proprietary to the Dragonbloods (and sids) in fluff and sometimes for balance reasons, but I don't know if Akuma and GSPs could realistically begin play having grabbed them from a demon tutor in the Big Brass Apple. Probably ask your ST, but I thought I'd ask a straw poll.
    Probably not. There's only two Dragon-Bloods who can summon a demon that could actually learn those Styles, and neither of them know any of the Immaculate Dragon styles, nor would they have any inclination to teach them even if they did know them. Siddies are way too careful to let something like that slip.

I mean, you could do it, but it would require an improbable one-time event. Creation's only Immaculate akuma, Anys Syn teaching a demon for ****s n' giggles, etc., etc.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2011-05-27 at 09:07 AM.