New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: New OOTS Book: "Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales"

Quote Originally Posted by lothos View Post
    I tried ordering in Firefox, which is my usual browser. I have noscript installed and other things like adblock plus and "the proxomitron". Dispite lowering my "shields" as much as possible I couldn't order in that browser.

Then I tried in IE8. It worked first time.... I'm not saying it's the web site's fault, might have been that I had some protection still up in Firefox that I'd forgotten about. I only ever use IE as a fallback position and it almost always works.

You have probably already tried that, but just thought I'd mention it...

Used IE8 on two different computers, plus my Galaxy Tab running the Google browser. Could it be because my ISP is in Korea?

Never mind. Figured it out, and now it's on order! Mega-woot!
    Last edited by Surfing HalfOrc; 2011-03-15 at 07:30 AM.
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

My only problem with the pre-order and limited print run is that I can't risk waiting to put this on my birthday wish list. =(

Powers &8^]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

I'd really like to read this book but I have a question:

What are the chances this book will still be in stock when OotS #5 comes out?
    Shipment to Israel is relatively expansive and I'd rather get both for 1 shipment cost.

Also, what are the chances that one of the gaming stores in Israel will have it?
    The only place I ever found OotS books in doesn't seem to restock anymore.
    Last edited by Zerg Cookie; 2011-03-15 at 06:46 AM.
    Al'tair avatar by Nevitan
    Starcraft II Europe - Cookie 647

4. - Top - End - #94
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SPoD View Post
    This.

Anyone who was around when the very first book came out would remember that something like 700 books got lost in bulk shipping to Europe. Rich had to send them all again and eat the cost of better-quality shipping. I think it almost put him out of business. I'm not surprised he's not willing to take that chance again.
    Huh, I didn't know that. Makes it a lot more understandable.

5. - Top - End - #95
    APE Games in the Playground

I saw various posts about the $15 shipping overseas, and wanted to post a reply. I regret that USPS raises the costs of shipping every year. We ship USPS Priority, and provide either Priority Flat Rate or regular Priority, for tracking purposes.

It's been suggested that we use Media Mail, but you don't want that. It's not only really slow, but there's no tracking and shipping is unreliable. We want your package to get there.

Also, any way you slice it, shipping a poster overseas with any other product ends up costing a lot simply because of the size of the box. Posters by themselves aren't terrible, so you might check whether placing two separate orders would be cheaper for you.

If you have additional questions, shoot me an email at [email protected].

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Owner of APE Games.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Talshor View Post
    What are the chances this book will still be in stock when OotS #5 comes out?
    Shipment to Israel is relatively expansive and I'd rather get both for 1 shipment cost.

Also, what are the chances that one of the gaming stores in Israel will have it?
    The only place I ever found OotS books in doesn't seem to restock anymore.
    The Giant said that (a) the number they print will depend to a large extent on the amount of pre-orders and (b) it will only be available from Ookoodook. Given that, I'd say the answer to your questions is "Almost certainly not" and "As near zero as makes no odds".

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

This, along with Start of Darkness and Origin of the PCs, are the books that I definitely consider buying. Does Ookoodook ship to continental Europe?
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

8. - Top - End - #98
    Banned

Yes. 14.95 to germany, so it probably will be similar/the same for the rest of continental europe.

The only annoying thing: your package can get stuck in customs, so you have to drive over and pick it up yourself (after you have shown it does not contain money/ipods/cocaine/jeans/...).

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

I am all over ordering this. Now that it's done, I intend to forget about it until May. I suggest you all do the same; saves a lot of impatience.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

10. - Top - End - #100
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Now that it's done, I intend to forget about it until May. I suggest you all do the same; saves a lot of impatience.
    That is the only viable thing to do in cases like these. Impatience won't make the inevitable delays (printing, shipping, somethinging) any better... ;)

11. - Top - End - #101
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
    Cool, thanks. That thing looks very odd. I note that it is also the background of the book as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
    It's this guy:
    Spoiler
    Show

I rely on you Thanks!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    APE Games in the Playground

I just added another shipping option for the new book. It's still Priority mail, but now you can add more books into the Priority Envelope (up to 3), which will save shipping for some customers that wanted to order more than a couple books.

Also, when placing your order, be sure to check all of the shipping options that are listed. The combination of products that you order can cause a variation in prices.

Just trying to save you a little money. I'd rather you saved it for our next product than give it to the postal service.
    Owner of APE Games.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Hi there,

I really want to order both the new book, and the board game expansion (nobody at my boardgame nights ever wants to play OOTS because it takes so very long, so I'm hoping this will get it played more often!). However, I have a conundrum:

I will likely be moving to a new address at some point in May, and I don't know what that address will be (though it will be in the same state, so shipping costs should be the same, I hope?). If I pre-order now with my current address, is there a way to change the shipping address for the order later? I don't want my stuff shipped to whoever ends up living in my current apartment after I move out :)

Cheers!
    Last edited by Vorynn; 2011-03-15 at 03:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Vorynn View Post
    Hi there,

I really want to order both the new book, and the board game expansion (nobody at my boardgame nights ever wants to play OOTS because it takes so very long, so I'm hoping this will get it played more often!). However, I have a conundrum:

I will likely be moving to a new address at some point in May, and I don't know what that address will be (though it will be in the same state, so shipping costs should be the same, I hope?). If I pre-order now with my current address, is there a way to change the shipping address for the order later? I don't want my stuff shipped to whoever ends up living in my current apartment after I move out :)

Cheers!
    I am sure that Kevin can hook you up. Try emailing him here:

Quote Originally Posted by apegamer View Post
    If you have additional questions, shoot me an email at [email protected].
    You'll probably then have to email your new address when you get it and he'll make it all work out like magic. He's good at that.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I am sure that Kevin can hook you up. Try emailing him here:

You'll probably then have to email your new address when you get it and he'll make it all work out like magic. He's good at that.
    Awesometastic. Mail sent, and hopefully, book ordered soon. Thanks!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Huh, I always thought I could wait till the OOTS saga was completely done and some sort of mega-ultimate-special collecter's editon box set of all the books was released, and then I would buy that.

But what you're saying is that this material will never be printed again in any form so I should order it now?

Promise?

DM[F]R
    Pelor's White Flame, where the sun has been extinguished, arcana is disappearing, and the undead are taking the world for their own.

Espisito, NG Elf Ranger 9/ Skylord 4
    Mandar, CG Half-Vampire Human Archivist 9/Tainted Scholar 3
    Maximillian, LG Human Knight 8/Annointed Knight 3/ Legendary Leader 3
    Melahen, CG Human Sorcerer 4/Mage of the Arcane Order 9/Archmage 1

RIP Masm, Goodbye Castiel

More Truenamer utterances Here

Epic Dwarf Binder avatar by me.

17. - Top - End - #107

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I can confirm that--I had one of the books (I forget which one) on order for delivery to my company address when I lost my job back in 2007, and they were quite happy to change the delivery to my home address; never had the slightest problem.

18. - Top - End - #108

I am very excited to finally see the Dragon Magazine comics in a printed compilation-- along with tons of new material!
    "If I don't look directly at it, it can't kill my brain."

"I have an idea. It starts with an 's' and ends with 'litting their throats.'"

"SNEAK ATTACK UPSIDE THE HEAD!"

19. - Top - End - #109

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpions__ View Post
    Huh, I always thought I could wait till the OOTS saga was completely done and some sort of mega-ultimate-special collecter's editon box set of all the books was released, and then I would buy that.

But what you're saying is that this material will never be printed again in any form so I should order it now?

Promise?
    No, I'm saying this book in this format will never be printed again. I can't say for certain that any one section of it may never be printed again.

However, I wouldn't necessarily pin all of my hopes on the existence of a "mega-ultimate-special collecter's editon box set of all the books" at the end of the comic's run anyway, because I've honestly never even thought of doing such a thing. I don't think there would be much audience for it, though I guess I should consider it.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vorynn View Post
    Cheers!

Mail forwarding. Check with your local post office or USPS.com

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

Weird question, and sorry if it already got asked but I didn't see it...

Will this book be numbered in any way? Origin of the PCs is #0 and Start of Darkness is #-1, and I always liked the unconventional numbering scheme of the books so I'm interested if this one will be #0.5 or #sqrt(-1) or somesuch.

22. - Top - End - #112

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_the_tubby View Post
    Will this book be numbered in any way?
    Asked, and answered by the Giant, in another thread:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190825

23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground

Are all of the books still available on APE for order? Just wondering if there is a coupon/discount for bulk ordering or purchasing more than one OOTS book at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    You. You and your natural 20s. Why do you hog them? Why?

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Are all of the books still available on APE for order?
    Yes, except for book 2 and 3 which are out of print. But we can always hope that The Giant will consider a new print run for them after SSDT is successful.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vemynal View Post
    Pre-ordered!

Its ok Giant, the "crappy pace" is made up for by brilliant work ^_^
    ...+ this book has an evil snail on it...
    I need this book...
    When I saw the quote, I clicked on the original post to report it, then realized that it was the Giant's post, and figured he was the only one who could make comments about the update schedule without violating the forum rules.

Anyway, love the comic, and looking forward to the next book (and the game expansion).

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    How come the dragon doesn't look like a regular OoTS dragon?
    I think it is in the style of the stuffed dragons that appear throughout the strip (mostly with MiTD and Eric, but I think there's one with Roy from the first encounter with Xykon).
    Last edited by ChrisFortyTwo; 2011-03-16 at 05:20 AM.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ooargl!

I need it, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet on the shipping. I'd been waiting in the hope of getting 3 and 4 together. But now 3 is out of print... And D is only for a limited print run. Is there any chance that Volume 3 would be reprinted before D gets printed? Could we start a list of "I will buy D + volume x,y,z if available" to gauge interest in the currently out of print volumes 2 and 3.

Well, I'll wait a few days to decide...

27. - Top - End - #117

HalflingWizardGirl

Just in case anyone wants to know, once paypal converted it to GBP and billed me for it, then the book plus shipping to the UK came to about £24.

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtar View Post
    Is there any chance that Volume 3 would be reprinted before D gets printed?
    There is no chance of anything else being reprinted before D gets printed. The money I have is going toward printing D, not reprinting 3, which would cost four times as much per copy to print.
    Rich Burlew

29. - Top - End - #119

Thanks for the answer. I'll order tonight then.

Off to my first RPG-group-member wedding now!

30. - Top - End - #120

Lightbulb Re: New OOTS Book: "Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales"

I've only been aware of OotS for about eight months and figured I could get the print only editions all at once. With this book it seemed like the time to get -1 and 0. but 'On the Origin of PC's' returns a quantity of 0 when I add it to my cart. It said earlier in this thread that there is no sold out label for things on Ookookdook so I'm trying to confirm if it is sold out before I buy the new one.

It seems like it is, and apparently book three is first in line to be reprinted, so is there another way I could order book 0 if it is sold out on ookookdook?
    Baby B-day Turtle Avatar by Savannah
    fnord
    Ex-Keeper of The Birthdays (The Birthday Thread)

Official president of the Teevo must die fanclub