New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:FiM] Bridles Shores Library/Downtown thread.

[The Bar]

Sandy led her out to the back of the shop, back with the dumpsters, empty boxes, and whatever else Soft saw fit to keep in the back of her shop. So probably empty pie tins, old shoes, fancy hats, and various sundries. He found a nice, comfortable spot for the two of them to sit down, and politely brushed it off with his tail; this might take a while.

Once they were comfy, he took a deep breath, and started; "Look, it's pretty clear this bugs you a lot. An' it's also not hard t'see none of th' rest of us quite see it like you do. An' in my experience, that means one or both of us ain't quite seein' th' full picture. How's about you tell me what's goin' on - this time without implyin' that I'm some sorta two-faced somethin' or other - then I tell you how I see things. Deal?" He knew he really shouldn't have included that little two-faced jab, but the way she so casually tossed those labels about really got under his skin.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Outside The Bar]

"...I suppose I did get a little harsh about it." Night Jewel sighed. "I just... kind of lost my patience.

"I don't really see how they can defend arbitrarily keeping fillies and mares out of your little trip. Why would you want such a thing? It's insulting, it cuts me out of a potentially exciting event, and the only good thing that it does is fulfil somepony's masculine pride. You might not mind the occasional arbitrary rule, but I do, especially when it applies to me in such a way.

"Now, at least I'll accomplish something good. It'll help me deal with my resentment, help Grills become more respectful, and give us all some entertainment, and the only cost is that he has to suffer some temporary humiliation. Compared to some things I've gotten away with, it's downright tame.

"I don't think it's fair. I try to stand up for myself and do the right thing, and I just get dismissed. Everypony acts like it's no big deal and I'm just overreacting. Do you really think I'm so unjustified? That I don't actually have a point?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

"...So much words."

Foxglove looked a little shell-shocked. This scene may be moving a bit too fast for her.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Inside the Bar

Fox Trot himself was verging on shell shock-dom. His red eyes were all big as saucers and he looked like he was about to cry. "I-I'm not wrong am I?...I just wanted this to be a stallion's night out thing, just for us guys to...hang out...together...go to a hoofball game...drink some cider...a sort of brotherhood kind of thing..." He sniffled and pawed at the ground. He totally felt like it was all his fault, that he stirred the manure because he had to open his mouth against a genderbend pieing his friend Grills as an act of revenge. Fox Trot himself had very sour feelings towards getting genderbent without consent, displayed a long while back when the town got genderbent.

"I-I'm sorry...this is my fault...I triggered this....I should've kept my mouth shut," Fox dropped to the ground and put his hooves over his head and sniffled.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-10 at 12:09 AM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Inside the Bar

Fox Trot himself was verging on shell shock-dom. His red eyes were all big as saucers and he looked like he was about to cry. "I-I'm not wrong am I?...I just wanted this to be a stallion's night out thing, just for us guys to...hang out...together...go to a hoofball game...drink some cider...a sort of brotherhood kind of thing..." He sniffled and pawed at the ground. He totally felt like it was all his fault, that he stirred the manure because he had to open his mouth against a genderbend pieing his friend Grills as an act of revenge. Fox Trot himself had very sour feelings towards getting genderbent without consent, displayed a long while back when the town got genderbent.

"I-I'm sorry...this is my fault...I triggered this....I should've kept my mouth shut," Fox dropped to the ground and put his hooves over his head and sniffled.
    Silverpine stayed quiet throughout the scene, partly because she did not to say something he'd regret later. But when Fox broke down like that, it stirred something in her. She eased herself off StallionGear's legs and went over to hug him, probably unintentionally causing all kind of awkwards.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Silverpine stayed quiet throughout the scene, partly because she did not to say something he'd regret later. But when Fox broke down like that, it stirred something in her. She eased herself off StallionGear's legs and went over to hug him, probably unintentionally causing all kind of awkwards.
    It was pretty awkward, getting a hug from a mare he's never seen before but looked vaguely familiar, like really vaguely, Icy'd likely not be too happy about this image.

He sniffled again but didn't mind the hug, it was something that was just there happening. "W-was I wrong ma'am? Was I?"

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers keeps a neutral expression until Foxglove makes her observation. "Yes... A lot of words..." she says uncertainly. A lot of words, indeed. And she was at the root of it all, since she was the one who made the pies in the first place. Had she not made them... The corner of Snickerfilly's mouth twitches, but she manages to maintain her neutral expression.

She honestly has no idea what to do at this point. Everyone's upset, Foxglove is traumatized, Fox Trot is having a breakdown, Soft Serve's little farewell bash has crashed and burned, Cookiethulhu gleefully stole her wings for Luna knows how long, and she herself experiencing quite the horrific guilt trip. It's taking nearly all of her willpower not to run away, or burst into tears. Or both. But no, she has to be strong. Strong for Foxglove, strong for Fox Trot, strong for... everyone but herself, really.

The wingless pegasus slowly trots over to Fox Trot, and rustled a hoof through his mane in a playful gesture. "Nah, bro..." she says with a sad smile. "You're fine. Don't beat yourself up..."

She gives a nod to Silverpine, then trots back over to the kitchen doorway.

"Well..." she turns to Foxglove, and gives a small smile. The verdant unicorn will likely be able to tell it's a forced smile. "I seem to have made quite a mess of Soft's kitchen. I should probably get started on cleaning up. Would you like to help?"

Without even waiting for an answer, Snicker gently nuzzles against Foxglove's neck, trying to softly turn her back towards the kitchen and guide her back into its (relatively) peaceful confines. The key word is trying, since Foxglove is now a hulking brute of a stallion, and Snicker's is a petite little mare who's balance and strength is even further thrown off due to the lack of her wings...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

It was pretty awkward, getting a hug from a mare he's never seen before but looked vaguely familiar, like really vaguely, Icy'd likely not be too happy about this image.

He sniffled again but didn't mind the hug, it was something that was just there happening. "W-was I wrong ma'am? Was I?"
    "No you weren't Fox. It was a perfectly reasonable comment," replied the mysteriously familiar yet unfamiliar filly who happened to resemble a certain orange stallion. She let Fox go and smirked. "Besides, moping like this doesn't suit you. Your fillyfriend would be shocked."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Snickers keeps a neutral expression until Foxglove makes her observation. "Yes... A lot of words..." she says uncertainly. A lot of words, indeed. And she was at the root of it all, since she was the one who made the pies in the first place. Had she not made them... The corner of Snickerfilly's mouth twitches, but she manages to maintain her neutral expression.

She honestly has no idea what to do at this point. Everyone's upset, Foxglove is traumatized, Fox Trot is having a breakdown, Soft Serve's little farewell bash has crashed and burned, Cookiethulhu gleefully stole her wings for Luna knows how long, and she herself experiencing quite the horrific guilt trip. It's taking nearly all of her willpower not to run away, or burst into tears. Or both. But no, she has to be strong. Strong for Foxglove, strong for Fox Trot, strong for... everyone but herself, really.

The wingless pegasus slowly trots over to Fox Trot, and rustled a hoof through his mane in a playful gesture. "Nah, bro..." she says with a sad smile. "You're fine. Don't beat yourself up..."

She gives a nod to Silverpine, then trots back over to the kitchen doorway.

"Well..." she turns to Foxglove, and gives a small smile. The verdant unicorn will likely be able to tell it's a forced smile. "I seem to have made quite a mess of Soft's kitchen. I should probably get started on cleaning up. Would you like to help?"

Without even waiting for an answer, Snicker gently nuzzles against Foxglove's neck, trying to softly turn her back towards the kitchen and guide her back into its (relatively) peaceful confines. The key word is trying, since Foxglove is now a hulking brute of a stallion, and Snicker's is a petite little mare who's balance and strength is even further thrown off due to the lack of her wings...
    Silverpine nodded in reply when Snicker did so, but otherwise let the two have their privacy in the kitchen.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

She let Snickers try and push/nuzzle her for a minute before moving, letting herself calm and re-defocus.

Foxglove nodded shell-shockedly, and stuck her head out again to indicate for Silvermane to come in and help.

She begins sort of stacking objects at random, since she keeps not bothering to remember which stack should have which object. They sway in the breezes.

After a while, she says:

"...Everyone will be all right, right?"
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-10-10 at 09:43 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

[The Bar - Out Back - With Great Pies, Comes Great Responsibility]

Sandy listed, keeping a respectful silence as Night Jewel laid it all out. Already, in just a few minutes, he felt like they'd made infinitely more progress than the near-shouting match in the bar. When she was finished, the stallion closed his eyes and nodded, mulling over what she'd said. His little serene pose was rudely interrupted by a familiar tingling in his throat. "Oh shoot that were a question!" he exclaimed with wide eyes. "Uh, short answer, best as I can: I can see where you're comin' from, and why you're upset, but I think you're only lookin' at this with your eyes, and not seein' things from Grills' point of view."

He held his breath, and then released it in a great sigh as the tingling went away. "That were a close one. Th' magic ain't exactly diplomatic. Now let me explain a bit how I see things:"

"I know Grills, and I don't see him doin' somethin' like this out of some sorta stalliony pride. I think he's puttin' this on because he wants t'get t'know his stallion friends better. Whenever I see him, he's always breakin' his back down at his Grill an' Spa, never really hangin' out with anypony. Sure, he knows a lot of ponies, but he don't really know a lot of ponies, if y'get what I'm sayin'. With what I do know of him, I could see him usin' this trip as a way t'change that. Start workin' towards some really deep friendships. It's like when Gear went t'that mares-only sleepover; Silverpine an' I didn't mind, 'cause we knew it weren't about excludin' us 'cause 'mares were better than stallions' or somethin' silly like that. She just wanted some marefriends...er, wait, friends that're also mares. Not, y'know...uh, nevermind."

"With that in mind, is pieing him really such a good thing? T'tell you th' truth, I don't think he'd learn a thing from it. He'd just see that somepony pied him, embarrassed him - maybe a whole lot, I don't rightly know how he'd take t'bein', well, a mare - in front of th' ponies he was tryin' t'get t'know, all because they weren't invited. You an' I know that ain't why you'd pie him, but he wouldn't. If I were in his shoes, I'd know I'd feel awfully hurt, and I wouldn't have th' slightest idea what I did wrong. Even if y'tried t'explain it t'me later, all I'd think of is 'But you pied me, and embarassed me in front of my friends! Why should I be taking a lesson from you?' That's th' trouble with revenge pranks; once you escalate it to retailiation, it's mighty hard t'go back t'just talkin'. If y'want t'really work somethin' out, words, not pies, are th' way t'do it."

With his little speech over, Sandy flattened his ears and bowed his head to the foal. "Sorry, I got a mite preachy there at th' end. That's just how I see the situation, an' why I didn't want you t'pie Grills. I'm sure there's more you're itchin' t'say now; I won't interrupt."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-10 at 09:41 AM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

"No you weren't Fox. It was a perfectly reasonable comment," replied the mysteriously familiar yet unfamiliar filly who happened to resemble a certain orange stallion. She let Fox go and smirked. "Besides, moping like this doesn't suit you. Your fillyfriend would be shocked."
    "Yea...I don't think...her she would like her stallion...acting like such a mopey foal." He wanly smiled and lightly sniffled.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-10 at 10:02 PM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Outside The Bar]

Night Jewel was silent for a good while.

"Part of that makes sense. He wouldn't listen before, so why would he if I upset him? ...There goes that idea, I guess."

She dropped to her knees. "So I haven't accomplished anything but getting everyone mad at me over something as insignificant as this. Even I don't know what to do now. Maybe tell them I'm a wanted criminal in several major cities just to see if I can get them even more furious."

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - Back of the Bar]

Sandy chuckled at her little joke; even when despairing, she could crack wise. She'd be something else when she was fully grown. The little pegasus trotted over to her and gave her a warm, feathery hug. "I think y'accomplished more 'n you realize. Y'talked through a problem instead of closin' your mind t'other ponies, an' y'learned when not t'pie a pony. Valuable life skills if'n you ask me." He nodded sagely, somehow managing to keep a straight face. "An' for what it's worth, I ain't mad at all. An' I think if'n you go back an' apologize t'anypony what's hurt, y'might find they ain't as mad as you think. 'Sides, y'don't want t'miss drinkin' a Soft Serve, do you?" He pulled away and offered the foal an earnest grin.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-10 at 10:34 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside the Bar

Silvermane hesitated for a moment, then stepped forward.

"It's not ... I mean, if that's what you ..." she tried and failed to say.

---

Heartflight, that regressed foal from a few incidents ago, was watching from outside. She'd come with the intent of speaking to Sandy about his condition, but got sidetracked at seeing her friend Night Jewel upset. Because they were totally friends after hanging out during the regression event and all, etc. She decided to turn invisible and ... not eavesdrop on their conversation, but come out once it was over with to talk to them both.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickerfilly trots over to StallionGlove. She joins him at the counter, and gently leans up against him, in an effort to comfort and console her friend. The image is possibly an odd one, as Snickerfilly is likely noticeably smaller and scrawnier than the green stallion.

"Yeah..." she says quietly, giving Foxglove's neck a small nuzzle with the top of her head. "It'll all work. It might be a bit messy, but things like this always work out alright in the end. Everything will be fine..."

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Bar, Out Back]

"Thanks, Sandy." Night Jewel did her best to smile again. "I'm still not sure they've learned that lesson, though. If I just go in and apologize, it would mean my point would get completely ignored..."

She silently pondered this for a bit, then her spirits returned. "Actually, I've got an idea that will work better than the original pie plan. Given how strongly everypony reacted, I could work this out and have a bit of fun at the same time without really... You know. Anyway, why don't you talk to the others for me? They'll probably listen to you."

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yea...I don't think...her she would like her stallion...acting like such a mopey foal." He wanly smiled and lightly sniffled.
    "Good." Silverpine stood up, still holding the smirk, and glanced back at Gearstride and whoever else was still in the room. "Now, I think we were in the middle of a drink?" The mugs of Soft Serve still stood ominiously on the bar counters. Who knew what would happen when the two magicks combined?

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

"Good." Silverpine stood up, still holding the smirk, and glanced back at Gearstride and whoever else was still in the room. "Now, I think we were in the middle of a drink?" The mugs of Soft Serve still stood ominiously on the bar counters. Who knew what would happen when the two magicks combined?
    Fox Trot gave Silverpine a wide eyed cautious look and inched away. While Gearstride grinned and gave his filly a smirk and pulled her toward his chest. "How about I feed you yours and you feed me mine, babe?"

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox Trot gave Silverpine a wide eyed cautious look and inched away. While Gearstride grinned and gave his filly a smirk and pulled her toward his chest. "How about I feed you yours and you feed me mine, babe?"
    "Oh? Let's see who would finish first then." Silverpine hooked two of the mugs over deftly with his muzzle and passed one to StallionGear. She grinned and gave him a quick lick. "Bottoms up, stallion."
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-10-11 at 06:42 AM.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh? Let's see who would finish first then." Silverpine hooked two of the mugs over deftly with his muzzle and passed one to StallionGear. She grinned and gave him a quick luck. "Bottoms up, stallion."

"Mmm, only if you show me yours,"
    Said the pervy pony with a lecherous grin. "Challenge accepted, babe," And then Gearstride tipped Silverpine's mug to have her drink while presumably Silverpine did the same for him.

Gulp gulp gulp!

Gearstride's eyes lit up as his bottom half began to rumble like a rocket.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

"Mmm, only if you show me yours,"
    Said the pervy pony with a lecherous grin. "Challenge accepted, babe," And then Gearstride tipped Silverpine's mug to have her drink while presumably Silverpine did the same for him.

Gulp gulp gulp!

Gearstride's eyes lit up as his bottom half began to rumble like a rocket.
    Gulp gulp gulp!

Silverpine's eyes widened as the drink slid down her throat, a slow fire starting to burn in her belly.

It was like watching a trainwreck in slow motion for anypony else watching. It started slow, the only effect visible would be her hooves twitching slightly. Then her wings seemed to seize up and flared out wide as the sugar rush hit. After a few moments, they begin to flap rapidly, almost like a hummingbird, even as the two emptied their mugs. It was just enough to lift the two off the ground slightly. "Celestiahelpmewhatarush."

(Gonna give the others in the bar a chance to react first.)

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [The Bar, Out Back]

"Thanks, Sandy." Night Jewel did her best to smile again. "I'm still not sure they've learned that lesson, though. If I just go in and apologize, it would mean my point would get completely ignored..."

She silently pondered this for a bit, then her spirits returned. "Actually, I've got an idea that will work better than the original pie plan. Given how strongly everypony reacted, I could work this out and have a bit of fun at the same time without really... You know. Anyway, why don't you talk to the others for me? They'll probably listen to you."
    [The Bar - Out Back]

Sandy shook his head. "Not quite what I meant. Of course I don't want you t'go an' apologize for speakin' your mind. I meant go an' apologize t'ponies like Fox Trot. I know you were just exageratting to make a point, but I think callin' him 'discriminatory' an' such really hurt his feelings. If y'really want to, I'll tell him you're sorry, but it'd mean a hay of a lot more comin' from you."

"Also..." he bit his lip, looking horribly conflicted. "I really want t'trust you on this plan of yours, but th' whole 'haven't learned that lesson' bit makes me worried. I mean, ponies are allowed t'agree t'disagree, after all. What exactly are you tryin' t'teach here?" This was tough; on the one hoof, she'd just said she knew not to teach via pranks and such. On the other...daggum it all, it just sounded so omnious, it set his nervous disposition all a-twitter.

(Would it be alright if the Soft Serve drinking could be put on hold until the two of them get back? We shouldn't be long.)

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Snickerfilly trots over to StallionGlove. She joins him at the counter, and gently leans up against him, in an effort to comfort and console her friend. The image is possibly an odd one, as Snickerfilly is likely noticeably smaller and scrawnier than the green stallion.

"Yeah..." she says quietly, giving Foxglove's neck a small nuzzle with the top of her head. "It'll all work. It might be a bit messy, but things like this always work out alright in the end. Everything will be fine..."
    Foxglove smiled softly at the cuddles.

"...You're really cuddly as a filly..."

She observed, cheered considerably. Outside the safe (if someone chaotic with Foxglove's attempt at cleaning) kitchen...There was...A noise? It sounded somewhat rumbly.

"...Do you hear that mountain-making noise?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers smiles softly, and continues to nuzzle against Foxglove's neck with her eyes closed in contentment. "What can I say?" she asks aloofly. "You're comfortable. And comforting."

She then opens one eye, and looks up in mild annoyance. "I feel really emotional and snuggly. I also want chocolate. Something tells me that these new mare hormones are to blame," she deadpans.

At the weird sounds and Foxglove's observation, Snickerfilly frowns. "Um... I think we might want to avoid going out there for a minute. If somepony - possibly multiple someponies - just drank a Soft Serve, it's about to get really crazy out there."

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen

"...I bet there's chocolate in here."

Foxglove offered, trying to think of ways to make this odd day better. It had, after all, sort of spiraled wildly and madly out of control.

She looked at the door, wondering what sort of doom would be happening outside.

"...This need a window. So we could see but be safe."

----
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Ah. Well, if you want us both to talk to him, you're going to have to wait until closing time, or find some way to get him here." Smoothie tells Pyrite.
    "Then we wait...Can you send a magical message? I can, but I never gave anyone the other can..."
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-10-11 at 10:46 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Soft didn't duck and cover, she just waited to see what would happen. She had kept quiet because she didn't think it was really any of her business.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Then we wait...Can you send a magical message? I can, but I never gave anyone the other can..."
    "Yeah, sure." Smoothie says, and sends Spark a message that says "As soon as you can get here, I need you at the library." She doesn't say anything else, because she figures it'll be best to elaborate at the library itself.

"And now, we wait."
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-10-11 at 10:49 AM.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy shook his head. "Not quite what I meant. Of course I don't want you t'go an' apologize for speakin' your mind. I meant go an' apologize t'ponies like Fox Trot. I know you were just exageratting to make a point, but I think callin' him 'discriminatory' an' such really hurt his feelings. If y'really want to, I'll tell him you're sorry, but it'd mean a hay of a lot more comin' from you."

"Also..." he bit his lip, looking horribly conflicted. "I really want t'trust you on this plan of yours, but th' whole 'haven't learned that lesson' bit makes me worried. I mean, ponies are allowed t'agree t'disagree, after all. What exactly are you tryin' t'teach here?" This was tough; on the one hoof, she'd just said she knew not to teach via pranks and such. On the other...daggum it all, it just sounded so omnious, it set his nervous disposition all a-twitter.
    This set her back a bit. "I hurt his feelings? So he at least cares enough to want to care." She nodded. "I probably ought to tell him I'm sorry. As for Grills, I've thought of a way to convince him that doesn't involve actually pranking him. I'd rather it be a surprise."

She nuzzled Sandy a bit. "I'd still like you to help me out a bit, especially with getting them to listen... Oh, and I hope you don't mind some playful teasing every now and then." With that, she actually laughed. "Anyway, let's go."

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

This set her back a bit. "I hurt his feelings? So he at least cares enough to want to care." She nodded. "I probably ought to tell him I'm sorry. As for Grills, I've thought of a way to convince him that doesn't involve actually pranking him. I'd rather it be a surprise."
    Well, that set his mind at ease. Slightly. "Well, alright. Just so long as y'know what you're doin'." He shook his head and tousled her mane. "Ponies care a bit more than you-"

She nuzzled Sandy a bit. "I'd still like you to help me out a bit, especially with getting them to listen... Oh, and I hope you don't mind some playful teasing every now and then." With that, she actually laughed. "Anyway, let's go."
    His last bit of sage advice was lost to the ages, as he found himself completely tongue-tied. All he could think was that he hoped nopony was watching, else this would look incredibly sketchy. Thankfully, Night Jewel got him back on track with suggesting a return indoors. "Y-yeah. Goin' inside. I'll help. Good idea." Judging by the stallion's flushed cheeks and scrunched-up face, he was far too bewildered to be upset.

[Back in the Bar]

Sandy held open the door for Night Jewel, only turning to look inside after she'd made it inside. He immediately regretted his lack of foresight. The stallion paled as he watched his two friends rise higher into the air, Silverpine flapping like a hummingbird and Gear with eyes alight. "I-I guess you're gonna get t'see th' Soft Serve in action quicker than you thought," Sandy leaned over to whisper to Night Jewel. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go...somewhereoverherebye!" The little stallion made a mad dash for the cover of one of the booth tables. Whether or not he made it in time would simply be up to fate.

So, in all likelihood, he was doomed.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Kitchen

Snickerfilly shrugs against Stallionglove. "We can make some chocolate chip cookies later. Or pester that Greif fella. I wouldn't mind going there for lunch, anyway..." she mused.

She then looks over towards the door. "I'm not sure if I want to peek out or not. We may regret it..."

30. - Top - End - #390
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Bar]

Night Jewel trotted inside. "All right, I think I should say-"

Then she noticed what was going on and darted for cover.

"On second thought, maybe I'll wait a bit. It looks like you're busy." She watched and made plans to sneak her way over to retrieve her drink before anything serious happened.