New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

It looks like my desktop may have crapped out on me. It's been limping along for awhile now, but I was hoping that it'd last at least through the year. Who knows, maybe after it cools down I'll be able to extend it's life a little longer (most likely by not leaving it on 24/7 for months at a time).

At least there isn't anything important on it, or rather nothing important that I don't already have duplicates of.

EDIT: Yeah, it's gone. Hard Drive has an electrical failure.
    Last edited by Jack Squat; 2010-09-14 at 09:28 PM.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

It is a good day when we have two threads about bacon on the first page of Friendly Banter.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    So now we know the way to Koorly's heart...
    through the sternum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    EDIT: ^ I'm officially beginning the countdown to this thread being entirely illegible. The archives only seem to go back to #85.
    wait what?
    *checks*
    *tries to get into Thread 19*
    NOOOOOOOOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    So, I just moderated one of my own posts and used red text on myself.
    Heh
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Tune in next week to see Rawhide ban himself, then e-mail himself asking to reconsider!
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    It is a good day when we have two threads about bacon on the first page of Friendly Banter.
    mmmmmm, Bacon. i fancy some now... where's a greasy spoon cafe when you need one?

ION: the exchange server at work seems to be dying... no E-mails means no work... *puts feet up*
    Last edited by Archonic Energy; 2010-09-15 at 05:37 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    ION: the exchange server at work seems to be dying... no E-mails means no work... *puts feet up*
    True BOFH style, no doubt. lock the door to your conrol centre as well, so no one gets the idea of walking down to tell you about the problem.
    And set your phone to 'meeting' so they can't call you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    True BOFH style, no doubt. lock the door to your conrol centre as well, so no one gets the idea of walking down to tell you about the problem.
    And set your phone to 'meeting' so they can't call you.
    WAY ahead of you...
    in fact the dents on the exchange servers drives may be seen as suspious... if you were into that way of thinking.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ooh, you'd best not edit it out. That'd be one hell of an infraction, from yourself.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Wow, you're awesome. That's almost as cool as a doctor operating on himself.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    Through the sternum.
    The best way to do it (assuming a knife) would be to approach from the back, hold the weapon at a forty-five degree downward angle and aim between the third and fourth rib on the left hand side.
    How do I know this?
    I read crime, murder and thriller books.
    It's also were I found out that red food dye is often made from cochineal which comes from bugs.

The range of esoteric things you can pick up iust by reading is amazing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

9. - Top - End - #909

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    The best way to do it (assuming a knife) would be to approach from the back, hold the weapon at a forty-five degree downward angle and aim between the third and fourth rib on the left hand side.
    But I thought the may to a man's heart was through his stomach, because then you don't have to cut through that pesky ribcage?

Sometimes also by watching TV. I'd wager a lot of Britlanders learned the difference between the Union Flag and the Union Jack by watching Doctor Who.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

10. - Top - End - #910

But I thought the may to a man's heart was through his stomach, because then you don't have to cut through that pesky ribcage?
    POssibly, but there's lots of things to get through that way. The stomache, diaphragm, lungs, muscles. Not to mention how much blood and acid there'd be.
    Through the ribs would involve a minimal amount of blood and is the path of least resistance.
    I think.

Sometimes also by watching TV. I'd wager a lot of Britlanders learned the difference between the Union Flag and the Union Jack by watching Doctor Who.
    Good point.
    I bet most people didn't even know Daleks could e-le-vate until they say "Dalek".
    Doctor Who's an amazing show.

Doctor Who RB time loop go?

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #911

OrcBarbarianGuy

Malfunctioned has had a quite a good day today, the first college DnD session was played with the end result being a catatonic and blood-covered paladin. Malfunctioned also seems to somehow be attracting some womenfolk, this is good.

But most importantly Malfunctioned managed to kick himself in the face whilst taking off a boot.

Because he's awesome like that.

12. - Top - End - #912

How do I know this?
    It's also were I found out that red food dye is often made from cochineal which comes from bugs.

That's not true of all red dyes. The ones that are are usually called cochineal these days. If it's cochineal it'll be e120.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Malfunctioned View Post
    Malfunctioned has had a quite a good day today, the first college DnD session was played with the end result being a catatonic and blood-covered paladin. Malfunctioned also seems to somehow be attracting some womenfolk, this is good.

But most importantly Malfunctioned managed to kick himself in the face whilst taking off a boot.

Always fun. Was the Pally the only "survivor?"

How do I know this?
    You mean your great-granny's cookbook, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

14. - Top - End - #914

OrcBarbarianGuy

Always fun. Was the Pally the only "survivor?"
    Nope, he was a prison guard in a gestalt campaign who was helping to free the CN Druid//Barbarian, Wizard/Sorcerer and Druid//Rogue. Their method of escaping was significantly different to his preferred method.

The Barbarian managed to get three critical hits on guards with his greataxe and 18 Strength.

College games are fun.

15. - Top - End - #915

Possibly, but there's lots of things to get through that way. The stomache, diaphragm, lungs, muscles. Not to mention how much blood and acid there'd be.
    Through the ribs would involve a minimal amount of blood and is the path of least resistance.
    I think.
    You mean Discworld lied to us?

Doctor Who RB time loop go?
    "Oh, and when you're done with the conversation, leave the screwdriver in her top pocket."

Quote Originally Posted by Malfunctioned View Post

That is indeed the most impressive of all those things you did.

Silly Coid. Cornish people may all be criminals, but they don't mix their criminality with their food. Smuggling and piracy is business as usual, but messing with a pasty? That would iust be wrong.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

16. - Top - End - #916

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    That's not true of all red dyes. The ones that are are usually called cochineal these days. If it's cochineal it'll be e120.
    Ah. Then I'll accept the minor correction gladly. Always good to learn something new.

You got me.
    Great-grandmama had a few special recipe books for epecially tricky guests. Correct preparation of meat, best and most efficient way to fillet the meal. You know the type of thing.

EDIT:
    You mean Discworld lied to us?
    Nope. This is the stealthiest way of deing something. The Discworld is all about drama.

"Oh, and when you're done with the conversation, leave the screwdriver in her top pocket."

Silly Coid. Cornish people may all be criminals, but they don't mix their criminality with their food. Smuggling and piracy is business as usual, but messing with a pasty? That would iust be wrong.
    Well, certainly not in the pasty. If it was preparing for a full meal, we might mix criminality with food.
    But never with dessert.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-09-15 at 02:10 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

Bah. It's your own fault for not inventing sweeter crimes.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

18. - Top - End - #918
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

And they invented her.

Err... Technically? I think...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

19. - Top - End - #919

But we're rural bumpkins. The sweetest crime we have is cider. Or possibly smuggling.
    If it involved sweets or things that were seen as pretty sweet.

And they invented her.

Err... Technically? I think...
    Well, to invent something you need an idea. And you can conceive of an idea. (conceive: to form or develop in one's mind)
    And children are conceived.
    Therefore I was invented.

I don't know why I'm the sweetest crime, but it seems I am. And that the Welsh Cornish Welsh invented me.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

20. - Top - End - #920

It's a fez, I wear a fez now. Fezzes are

Koorly's a crime?
    Imagining that now.
    "Sir, I am arresting you on suspicion of conspiracy to commit Koorly. There may be other charges."
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

The Isle of Wight sure is an odd place.

Suuuure is.

What is going down in here then? Fun times? All of the times?

22. - Top - End - #922

Grar nyar fnar.
    Cover letters. Forgot about those...
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know why I'm the sweetest crime, but it seems I am. And that the Welsh Cornish Welsh invented me.
    So... You're dessert, now?
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

24. - Top - End - #924

So... You're dessert, now?
    Curly is dessert? Cornish dessert. Clotted cream ice cream?
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

25. - Top - End - #925

It's a fez, I wear a fez now. Fezzes are
    I read somewhere that the only reason the Doctor lost his fez was because if he didn't he would have worn it all the time.

Koorly's a crime?
    Imagining that now.
    "Sir, I am arresting you on suspicion of conspiracy to commit Koorly. There may be other charges."
    There could be worst crimes.
    Also, how exactly would you define Koorly as a crime?
    And would it mean that I live in a perpetual state of criminality?

The Isle of Wight sure is an odd place.

Suuuure is.

What is going down in here then? Fun times? All of the times?
    Boring times mainly.
    Although Littlest Brother is starting his first day at college (Britlander) tomorrow, so he's a little nervous, as is mother dear, and I'll have to put up with a couple more hours of nervous rambling tonight.

@Coidzor: I hope you don't mind that I sigged you.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #926

I read somewhere that the only reason the Doctor lost his fez was because if he didn't he would have worn it all the time.
    They said as much on Confidential. When Steven Moffat said the Doctor would get a fez, they were worried, because if Matt Smith was given a fez, he would never take it off. Then he added that it would be destroyed, and everyone was relieved.

There could be worse crimes.
    Also, how exactly would you define Koorly as a crime?
    And would it mean that I live in a perpetual state of criminality?
    Indeed.
    I DON'T KNOW!*
    Probably.

*Hmm. I wonder if naming the male lead of Coupling Steve Taylor was an oblique reference to Doctor Who or iust a coincidental choice of generic name.

Edit: ARGH this iob website needs me to register to apply for this iob I need to come up with a password this always frustrates me argh.
    Edit2: OK, password. Now back to the cover letter thing. Man this requires too much effort. I need a drink.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2010-09-15 at 03:40 PM.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Edit2: OK, password. Now back to the cover letter thing. Man this requires too much effort. I need a drink.
    Can you get me one too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

28. - Top - End - #928

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Can you get me one too?
    Sure, but since you're on the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean, I'll have to drink it for you as well.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sure, but since you're on the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean, I'll have to drink it for you as well.
    Sounds like you deserve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

30. - Top - End - #930

Red Dwarf III is on. This is classic stuff. Classic.
    "MArooned" has only been on two minutes and they've already had
    "This is not a drill.
    "This is a drill."
    *drill noise*
    "Oh, now the siren's broken.
    "Awooga, awooga, abandon ship."

and the black hole bit.

And this is the episode with the tin of dog food.

Red Dwarf: one of my most favourite sci-fi shows ever.

Oh . . . and it's "Polymorph" next . . .
    Oh yeah
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-09-15 at 04:05 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!