New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Going for testworking now.

Other question. Is there anything going on right now? Or is anyone in the mood to Rp with one of my chars?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

If you're up for running into a standard human, or have anyone in Mallside, I've got a couple of characters that need some more screentime...

3. - Top - End - #363

Depends. I'm too lazy to dig through posts in Outside at the moment, but if she did her whole reality-warping shenanigans after Kal summoned his troops and caused the anti-teleport field to break, then yes.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

She did. Which rather neatly sidesteps the issue of 'does causing a physical connection between distant places count as teleporting'.

5. - Top - End - #365

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    I'm sort of expecting a fight after the fight to break out, no matter who wins. Because, you know, rowdy AMENites and all. Sadly, the offensive power of the Moff collective is harmed by how well defended everyone is against wedgies. Half the potential combatants are in armor or robes, and the other half probably aren't wearing underpants.
    Strange Zefir neither counts two the half wearing armore or the half wearing no underwear... means he isn't count in this fight or a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    If you're up for running into a standard human, or have anyone in Mallside, I've got a couple of characters that need some more screentime...
    Depends on who I threw in Zefir would be really happy to talk to someone human. I don't have chars in Mallside, to be true I never really got the hang to go there. Actually near every of my chars are free named Mia, Vutha, Tovpir, Zefir.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #366
    Pixie in the Playground

Just to check, Orb, has anyone died, other than the gnoll Sleet killed, and the one that got turned into an arrowcushion by Chez?
    Oh, Flame died too. Apart from that no, no-one. Although maybe around ten humans have been knocked unconscious by AM4 at this point...
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

She did. Which rather neatly sidesteps the issue of 'does causing a physical connection between distant places count as teleporting'.
    For your information, the answer is yes. At least in regards to how I've seen every teleblocker in the Nexus to work.

8. - Top - End - #368

What Ghar said. I do believe the commonly accepted definition is if it would allow a character/object/anything to move from point A to point B without traversing the space between, it's teleporting.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    What Ghar said. I do believe the commonly accepted definition is if it would allow a character/object/anything to move from point A to point B without traversing the space between, it's teleporting.
    Since 'tele' means 'Long Distance,' and 'port' means 'move,' I'd roughly estimate the strictest definition of the word 'teleport' as 'to move a long distance.'

Thus, under the strictest possible definition, Cross-Country Runners teleport on a regular basement.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

It's probably also reasonable to say that static defensive dimension locks, like those preventing people from teleporting into the heart of your base, should be considered very difficult or impossible to get through, while dimension locks created in the heat of an encounter are more breakable. So the more temporary kind of dimension locks might have loopholes that base defenses don't, though of course that's up to the player who created them (possibly to be negotiated with other players in the encounter, since Dimension Locks can be weapons as well as shields sometimes.)

Back in the early days of GLoG, villains used to teleport into the main room of the GLoG base whenever they liked, and it was really disruptive to roleplay. When we dimension locked the base so that villains had to 'port into the garden and come in the back door - even though the door was hardly ever locked, let along guarded - it made things work a lot more smoothly.

As an aside, yesterday Wolfy asked me if AMEN was dimension locked before teleporting in Taul's friends. I checked the first post and saw nothing about it, so I told him no. His next question was 'Then how come when Remnant attacks, they always bust in the front door?' Then he supplied his own answer - 'Oh right. Shapeshifting base. They'd never know what they were teleporting into if they did it blind.'
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Door

Marciano is manually disguised. He's a master. Marciano is a disguised as a tall, tan, Spaniard. He is disguised to be pretty hot. He bows and flourishes his tall hat. Hello monsieurs, My name is Marciano L'ouvre. I've come to join your establishment. His Spanish accent rattles.
    *TWITCH TWITCH*

((Of course he could simply be a Spaniard named after a French museum who speaks French with a Spanish accent, but my inner pedant still cries for justice. ))
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    *TWITCH TWITCH*

((Of course he could simply be a Spaniard named after a French museum who speaks French with a Spanish accent, but my inner pedant still cries for justice. ))
    Of course, It could very well be a relatively subtle nod at a lack of character intelligence.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Barbarian in the Playground

*TWITCH TWITCH*

He's not Spanish, he's Egyptian.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Trying to figure out the way languages work in the Nexus is a fool's errand anyway. Do they all speak some sort of Convenient Common? Or maybe the Nexus translates all languages? But if so, when do foreign phrases thrown here and there come from? This way madness lies.
    And while I'm here, *pokes Kris to Random*
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

When my sister was in secondary school, she learnt French from a Spanish teacher, and when she had a verbal French exam she was told that she spoke French with a slight Spanish accent.

Or she might have learnt Spanish from a French teacher, in which case swap French for Spanish and vice versa in the first paragraph of this post.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

*TWITCH TWITCH*

It was a french charactor, trying to disguise himself as Spanish. Needless to say Marciano forgot that his name goes against the whole bluff.......Epic fail......
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-02-08 at 06:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now, goodnight everyone. Sleep tight and don't let the Exalted bite.

No pokes here.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Trying to figure out the way languages work in the Nexus is a fool's errand anyway. Do they all speak some sort of Convenient Common? Or maybe the Nexus translates all languages? But if so, when do foreign phrases thrown here and there come from? This way madness lies.
    And while I'm here, *pokes Kris to Random*

My personal justification (and the one the Cylons use, being seasoned inter-dimensional travelers) is that English is just one of those physical constants that seems to be present in almost every universe. Gravity holds things down. The nuclear forces hold atoms together. The electromagnetic force does... whatever the hell it does *is not a physicist*. Pi is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. And humans exist, and they speak English.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Strange Zefir neither counts two the half wearing armore or the half wearing no underwear... means he isn't count in this fight or a minority.

Depends on who I threw in Zefir would be really happy to talk to someone human. I don't have chars in Mallside, to be true I never really got the hang to go there. Actually near every of my chars are free named Mia, Vutha, Tovpir, Zefir.
    Any of those are fine. Though Tlannae might take less well to Zefir than some people, since her sister is a vampire and a mage.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Pixie in the Playground

My apologies to be a hassle but I believe Harnel is needed in the NO thread.
    Unless someone else was going to do something of course.

*pokes*
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Tottenham Hotspurs. Nuff said.

Nexus Character(s)

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Just noticed your signature - if you want to link directly to your character, find the little number in the top right corner of your post and click on it, then copy the URL from there.

22. - Top - End - #382

So, who are we waiting on for the AMEN showdown?

23. - Top - End - #383
    Pixie in the Playground

Just noticed your signature - if you want to link directly to your character, find the little number in the top right corner of your post and click on it, then copy the URL from there.
    Ah, was curious about that. Much thanks C'nor!
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Tottenham Hotspurs. Nuff said.

Nexus Character(s)

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

So, who are we waiting on for the AMEN showdown?
    You .
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-02-08 at 10:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #385

Really? Cause I don't think BoO has posted yet and I'm pretty sure there's a few others as well.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Errr... no offense intended or anything, but the main battle isn't particularly going to wait for them either and I don't think it should. The fight is bogged down enough as it is. KK got a place in the rotation due to some direct involvement when dealing with your anti-teleport device and me and Magtok switched places, but the order is still the same.

We're waiting on you now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Deadtime now. Hopefully it will be brief, though I can't be certain.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

Really? Cause I don't think BoO has posted yet and I'm pretty sure there's a few others as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Errr... no offense intended or anything, but the main battle isn't particularly going to wait for them either and I don't think it should. The fight is bogged down enough as it is. KK got a place in the rotation due to some direct involvement when dealing with your anti-teleport device and me and Magtok switched places, but the order is still the same.

We're waiting on you now.
    *nods*

'Inside the dome' and 'outside the dome' are different zones. Inside the dome should keep going. And if outside ends up becoming an actual fight, then we're going to have to make a 'post in 24 hours or be skipped' policy simply because the sheer number of players involved won't make it workable otherwise. AMEN will be run by Moffs for the rest of 2012 or longer, and nobody wants that.

That's my opinion anyway.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

*raises hand*

I want that!

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Even after enough hot gay men have been recruited so that nothing happens in AMEN except for bad slash fic and the entire thread is slapped behind a curtain?

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs