New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

[Rowan Cabin]

=D Laela tries to touch Scylla's outstretched arms. It's another baby like her! Mostly. Close enough! The fey laughs and a toothless grin spreads across her face.

"I think they like each other." Sakura says with a big smile. Yay, Laela is making friends.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Troll in the Playground

[Edge of Camp]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Buster's ears twitch as they're pet, and he turns his head to sniff Jamie's hand. Seems he isn't bothered at all. "Hehe, mine too." Salix's ears probably even rival Brinika's in length.

"Umm... That sounds like one of those redwood trees." Salix nods sagely. "I only saw one one time before. I can't believe you tried to climb one."
    Pets happen! Yay!
    Jamie looks encouraged by this.

"...yeah, redwoods are really super awesome tall, you'd need a jetpack or something in order to climb one."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Island Cave]

Save the monsters? Caroline asks, sounding confused. Why would we do that?

But if/when Vincent looks back at her, she's making a silly face to show she's just playing.

((Who's running this adventure anyway? ))
    [Island Cave]

Errr... I dunno... were you?

"Well there are some monsters you want to save. Like Rusty the Rake. Remember him? Good times. Still have no idea what happened to him though." It's quite odd! Vincent can't help but think he missed something.

"But there can be other monsters out there like that which join your party. Though I doubt we'll find one at the same time as the wise man."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Titan in the Playground

[Edge of Camp]

Brinika tries to lift Buster to her face and nuzzle her cheek against him. Unfamiliar or not, fuzzy animals are fuzzy animals.
    There are trees that are red? I though they were all brown, Brinika says. Mind you, she can't really tell trees apart from each other.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"I thought they only grew in the American Empires. How did it get here?" Natalie's English, like her player, so the only trees she sees are European. With exceptions like that weirwood she found, though she didn't climb it because it had a creepy face.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ogre in the Playground

[Edge of Camp]

Salix knows all kinds of trees, because if she only knew about trees her player sees then she might not even know about weeping willows.

"I dunno. It was kind of a ways away. It took me a whole day of walking." Sure she can't be away from her tree for too long, but her tree walking ability means she can get back in mere moments. "They're only kinda red. Like a reddish brownish kinda colour." She explains to Brinika.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

[Deep Forest]

Why, I had no idea so many things lived here... excuse me. Reelshka leans down and removes her shoes and socks, leaving her barefoot. It's much more comfortable this way.
    Deep Forest

Pathfinder gives her a warm smile, ears perked. "It's always best to free one's self from such things." He tells her before reaching down to squeeze her shoulder gently and with an odd feeling of affection to it.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Titan in the Playground

[Edge of Camp]

I can't tell trees apart, Brinika admits. I didn't even know there was more than one kind until a few months ago. Growing up underground will do that.

[Deep Forest]

Reelshka smiles up at Pathfinder.
    I don't mind shoes, but high heels are hardly the best choice for walking a forest. Mind you, those shoes were originally made for a halfling. The range goblin footwear is woefully limited and boots that differentiate between left and right are considered modern. I do like to go barefoot every once in a while though... it feels liberating.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

Deep Forest

"I know the perfect place to run free if you want to follow me."
    Pathfinder says happily.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Forest]

Reelshka's ears perk up.
    Why, I'd love to. Lead on, Pathfinder, she says with a grin.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ogre in the Playground

Deep Forest => Clearing

"This way."
    The Wolfen tells her before leading her through the forest to a rather large clearing. The ankle-deep grass is damp from the late-night dew and the sky is clear above them. With a deep and relaxing sigh, Pathfinder lays back on the grass and wiggles just a touch to feel better.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Titan in the Playground

[Clearing]

Reelshka lays back on the grass next to him. It won't do her dress much good, but what the heck. She'll find some magic laundry later.
    Mmm. This is nice... it's almost like lying in a bed. Goblins aren't, by and large, acquainted with soft ground. Thanks for bringing me here, Pathfinder.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-04-14 at 05:57 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Troll in the Playground

[Island Cave]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Well there are some monsters you want to save. Like Rusty the Rake. Remember him? Good times. Still have no idea what happened to him though." It's quite odd! Vincent can't help but think he missed something.

"But there can be other monsters out there like that which join your party. Though I doubt we'll find one at the same time as the wise man."
    Caroline smiles at the mention of Rusty the Rake. If only he could see her now. He wouldn't be making snide comments anymore. He probably ran off, better things to do, other adventurers to annoy.

Vincent may begin to notice, using his keen game sense, that the further they go in the cave, the less random encounters they've been recieving.

When they round the next corner, they'll find the area up ahead is pitch black, even his elvish eyes shouldn't be able to penetrate the darkness.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

[Island Cave]

She's certainly a real beauty now, isn't she?

How odd that they aren't fighting every two steps. Hmm... very odd indeed.

"Gah! Stupid darkness. The one time I don't buy a torch from the store..." Vincent says, digging through his inventory.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

At this point, Chris has probably already started to leave the Main Cabin. The hospitality was nice, but it was probably time for him to leave so as to not make things awkward. There were also a few people he wanted to see while he was here.

Of course, he may be delayed by a sudden intervention, but he does not have plans for such things at the moment.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn is found by Nurse Piper.
    And hurries over to Vidalia and Marty, still slightly awkward from post-childbirth but smiling at Vidalia - her expression turning to concern when she spots the state Marty is in.
    "...oh, dear. What happened to him?" she asks, quickly washing her hands and pulling on her sterile gloves.

Outside the Infirmary => Inside It

Magtok nods and thanks the mute drow boy with a gesture, before heading on in. He has absolutely no idea who that was or even if that person knows why he's here or if he should be trusting random mute drow boy directions in the first place, but goes ahead on in anyway. It's not like he's going to be getting any additional help anytime soon, might as well just test out the information he's been given.
    Neither mute nor drow, Taurus harrumpfs at Magtok's presumptions, shakes his head, and watches Mag enter the Infirmary!

...where he'll probably see the scene above.

=====

[Edge of Camp]

Spoiler
    Show
    Brinika tries to lift Buster to her face and nuzzle her cheek against him. Unfamiliar or not, fuzzy animals are fuzzy animals.
    There are trees that are red? I though they were all brown, Brinika says. Mind you, she can't really tell trees apart from each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "I thought they only grew in the American Empires. How did it get here?" Natalie's English, like her player, so the only trees she sees are European. With exceptions like that weirwood she found, though she didn't climb it because it had a creepy face.
    Salix knows all kinds of trees, because if she only knew about trees her player sees then she might not even know about weeping willows.

"I dunno. It was kind of a ways away. It took me a whole day of walking." Sure she can't be away from her tree for too long, but her tree walking ability means she can get back in mere moments. "They're only kinda red. Like a reddish brownish kinda colour." She explains to Brinika.
    I can't tell trees apart, Brinika admits. I didn't even know there was more than one kind until a few months ago. Growing up underground will do that.

"...where's the American Empire?" is all Jamie has to add to the series of questions.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Marty just lies there asleep. His cuts are fresh on his wrists, his foot is his usual unpleasant stump, and he has various scars and cuts. Seems he used to get into a fine amount of trouble. Something must have finally cracked the young man.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clearing]

Reelshka lays back on the grass next to him. It won't do her dress much good, but what the heck. She'll find some magic laundry later.
    Mmm. This is nice... it's almost like lying in a bed. Goblins aren't, by and large, acquainted with soft ground. Thanks for bringing me here, Pathfinder.
    Clearing

"Any time." Pathfinder promises before attempting to set an arm around the goblin and pulling her close to his side.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground

[Clearing]

Reelshka is pulled close and leans against Pathfinder's chest, sighing happily.
    This is so great. You're... She looks for appropriate words. It all happened rather fast. You're quite amazing, Pathfinder.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

Clearing

"So are you, Reelshka."
    Pathfinder tells her with a happy growl. He shifts to lay on his side and look at her eyes before reaching out to set his paw on her cheek.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Titan in the Playground

[Clearing]

Reelshka looks back into Pathfinder's eyes as he touches her cheek. She reaches up to touch his paw with her own hand. Spontaneously, on an impulse, she leans her head forward to try to kiss him on the muzzle.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"Um, there's two in South America; the Empire of Brazil and the Incan Empire. Then there's the Republic of Texas, the Free French State, the Empire of Mexico and Libertania in North America. Although the Empire of Mexico is more Central America than North America. Why, is there no America where you're from?" Four of those actually existed, though not all at the same time. The other two I made up.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

=D Laela tries to touch Scylla's outstretched arms. It's another baby like her! Mostly. Close enough! The fey laughs and a toothless grin spreads across her face.

"I think they like each other." Sakura says with a big smile. Yay, Laela is making friends.
    Rowan Cabin

Hey, don't ignore me now that I finally did something important and interesting!

That seems to be what Prism would say, if she felt inclined to speak and could find the words. Since she's still a baby, it's a bit much to expect from her.

So instead, she uses her free hand to try to grab Laela too, ending up pawing around near the fey-babies face a bit, due to her position in Eric's arms.

Julie looks on, smiling contentedly at the children's antics.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Prism seems really happy to have another baby there as well, and immediately starts doing silly things! like trying to reach out to Laela with her whole body and land on top of her, though her tentacles are still wrapped around Eric's arm, so she's safe from falling down.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Orc in the Playground

[Entrance/Cactus Fence]

A definitely-not-stolen car, nondescript like the NPC who actually owns it, swerves into the cactus fence that encircles GLoG. The crash is, luckily, not that bad. The vehicle doesn't blow up, at least, and the large cacti are probably only partially damaged as the car wasn't going very fast at all.

Ermine, an unlicensed and drunken driver of course, swears loudly and staggers out after kicking open the door. The woman looks disheveled and distressed. She reaches back into her "borrowed" ride and hauls out a limp body. A corpse, in fact. Of one of the people GLoG has been trying to redeem. Reinholdt.

Carrying the corpse in her arms, she starts making her way to the main entrance and will stagger toward the infirmary if no one stops her before she gets there.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Barbarian in the Playground

Infirmary

Magtok approaches Marty with a scowl. Seems he's a little bitter about the patient getting dragged out, back in, and whatever else happened whilst he was waiting around with the replacement limb he's been asked to provide.

"Nurse Piper? Here. Take this, cut off any dangly bits or protruding bone or whatever on his stump so everything is nice and flat, and then shove this prosthetic against it until it clicks into place and stuff. I know it looks a bit too long, but it'll shorten itself until it matches the other leg, so that won't be a concern. Oh, and it's set to explode if anyone tries cracking it open and seeing how the software that lets it interface with his brain works. So don't let him do that."

He tries to quickly hurry out, only to come to a dead halt when he spots Ermine rushing in with a dead Reinholdt. How did...what did he...wha-?! When did Reinholdt die?! How, when, where?! Why did nobody tell him about this?!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

((Woo....Reinholdt was friends with Magotk? Seems Then has made a lot of enemies by brutally killing the cat-man. ((Kill the catman!)) )

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Laela laughs as the other babies practically (and literally) pile on top of her. She pushes at Scylla even as one eye goes dark. Oh no!

[Edge of Camp]

"Really?" Salix says to Brinika. She can't believe it. "I need to show you all kinds of trees sometime. There's so many." Especially when you're a Nexus native and you get an even bigger variety.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-04-15 at 11:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Quinn is found by Nurse Piper.
    And hurries over to Vidalia and Marty, still slightly awkward from post-childbirth but smiling at Vidalia - her expression turning to concern when she spots the state Marty is in.
    "...oh, dear. What happened to him?" she asks, quickly washing her hands and pulling on her sterile gloves.
    Vidalia shakes her head sadly. I'm not sure. I think this is how he has been since he came here. she points at the more fresh wounds, careful not to touch them. These look recent though.

She looks up at Quinn. I think he needs some very extensive mental help.

Magtok approaches Marty with a scowl. Seems he's a little bitter about the patient getting dragged out, back in, and whatever else happened whilst he was waiting around with the replacement limb he's been asked to provide.

"Nurse Piper? Here. Take this, cut off any dangly bits or protruding bone or whatever on his stump so everything is nice and flat, and then shove this prosthetic against it until it clicks into place and stuff. I know it looks a bit too long, but it'll shorten itself until it matches the other leg, so that won't be a concern. Oh, and it's set to explode if anyone tries cracking it open and seeing how the software that lets it interface with his brain works. So don't let him do that."
    Nurse Piper, as far as I know unable to physically hold onto the cybernetic leg, will point to the surgical table where Magtok can place it. Thank you. Just send us the bill, if we haven't already paid for it. I'll advise Doctor Quinn about the sensitive nature of the limb's safety measures.

He tries to quickly hurry out, only to come to a dead halt when he spots Ermine rushing in with a dead Reinholdt. How did...what did he...wha-?! When did Reinholdt die?! How, when, where?! Why did nobody tell him about this?!
    Melody, whom I had been neglecting to roleplay her search for Reinholdt, arrives at GLoG just in time to notice Ermine carrying the unconscious Reinholdt into the infirmary. Her heart skips a beat, and she quickly follows the pirate in, possibly shoving Magtok aside. What happened? Is he going to be alright? she tries to lead Ermine to an open room. Let me look at him.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn barely notices Magtok's arrival and depositing of one (1) leg, prothesic, busy nodding in agreement with Vidalia as she disinfects and repairs Marty's wounds as best as she can.
    "I agree. Quite extensive. Perhaps one of the Remnant shrinks could help?" she suggests, as Nurse Piper no doubt informs her of the arrival and deposition of one (1) leg, prothesic, and she sets about also prepping for surgery...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew