New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Oh no! The Silly has progressed faster than I thought!

I'm sorry, Grif. Apparently nopony had the heart to tell you.

You have 24 hours before you die of The Silly, brought on by months of pony overdose.
    ......Everyone on this thread is going to die then, aren't we?
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

I'm sorry, Grif. I thought it would be better coming from your friends and family... who apparently never told you.
    *sniff*

I'm going to miss ya all.
    I still remember, how I first become a brony in Thread V. Thread V! That's like only two months ago.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    We are all destined to die. I'm not talking about the slow inevitability of time. The pink one hungers.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

Don't worry everypony! I'll get hard to work on a cure for Silly! One of the articles in the medical journal Equestria Journal of Pony Medicine had insights that may give us hope yet!
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    We are all destined to die. I'm not talking about the slow inevitability of time. The pink one hungers.
    Ia! Ia! Pinkthulu Fhtagn!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Bugbear in the Playground

Speak for yourselves, I don't intend to die, I'm immortal!

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Speak for yourselves, I don't intend to die, I'm immortal!
    What is not dead can eternal lie; in strange aeons even death may die.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, I have devised the cure for Silly. First let me demonstrate my methodology.

First, I found a silly pony who survived for years with high levels of silly in their system. Now, who's a silly pony? You is, Applejack! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84PZbL_-jjU

I conducted a detailed study of her anatomy and found no physical reason for her to survive such high quantities of Silly. However, then I realized... her hat.

Cowboys are kick-flank movie heroes who are taken seriously DESPITE WEARING SILLY HATS. (See: 75% of the career of John Wayne.) Cowboy hats counteract silly. GRIF.

IF YOU GET A COWBOY HAT, YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO LIVE.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

NO!

ALL THE HATS THEY ARE MINE.

YOU CANNOT HAVE.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, I have devised the cure for Silly. First let me demonstrate my methodology.

First, I found a silly pony who survived for years with high levels of silly in their system. Now, who's a silly pony? You is, Applejack! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84PZbL_-jjU

I conducted a detailed study of her anatomy and found no physical reason for her to survive such high quantities of Silly. However, then I realized... her hat.

Cowboys are kick-flank movie heroes who are taken seriously DESPITE WEARING SILLY HATS. (See: 75% of the career of John Wayne.) Cowboy hats counteract silly. GRIF.

... I'm going shopping now. BRB.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

...hats? Silly bird, that's even more silly!

No, the only way to defeat it is my patented happiness, and the recent outbreak was caused by my failure to provide it in last threads. See what your whining at my medicine had done?
    Above Us Only Sky

12. - Top - End - #342

Further research has yielded an incantation that can bring people back from beyond the brink of cute-death.
    Y'AI'NG'NGAH
    AP'PLE-JACK
    H'EE-L'GEB
    F'AI TRHODOG
    UAAAAH
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Eevvvvvvvvvrypony's going to die!
    Tell you why, Twi-light Spar-kle, tell you why...

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I bet that you will be called out on the trip-up. Saying everypony, getting caught, that's fine. Getting caught for NOT saying it, by maybe trailing off or catching the words halfway through... Bringing attention to the slip, that is where my money lies. Does that make more sense?

And I got all of that from you posting here. I didn't realize it until I started writing it, but that's an honest assessment of your character.
    Yeah, that makes sense. You're playing the long shot, that's for sure. But I can still totally see me raising enough of a ruckus with a partial slip to qualify.

And, Siuis? One more thing?

Spoiler
    Show

The fact that you got all that just from me posting? That...just made my day, you have no idea. I would seriously bro-hug you right now through the internet if science allowed it.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-06-26 at 07:50 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Earz View Post
    I sometimes thought that the CMC could get a little annoying due to the fact that it was soooooo obvious what their talents were but they just couldn't figure it out.
    Hm. Where have we heard THAT before...?

AppleBloom:...Whatcha starin' at me for, lady?

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Midnight: Oh, Princess Mommy, if you were feeling that lonely and sad, all you had to do was say something! I'll always have cuddles and time for you!
    OH HI MIDNIGHT HOW ARE YOU? Run along honey you're gonna ruin UncleAuntie S's plans. Go play chutes and ladders with li'l Thanqy ok?

Oh, Luna, don't let your heart's desired be belayed just because you already have responsibilities. You're certainly strong enough to do all you need to AND have another foal with some witless couple! Hey, try Rainbow Dash! I have it on good word that she and Fluttershy could use some of that expertise your book helped Twixie with.

haha ya I do have another forum i keep up with not to mention SMBG.Good point...How about....WORLD CONQUEST!!
    Not me. Once I found the magic of friendship and all the... Um, let's call them accoutrements that go along with such a simultaneously kind, witty, "loving" and happy fandom, I can't stomach To go anywhere else. I dabble at places like enworld, read webcomics, but I just can't dredge through all that negativity for long. what kind o conquest? I like overthrowing governments and waging war, and I like winning. But maintaining the NWO afterwards is such a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Grab 'er, girls! Don' let her get away!

As for the video, I must say that being WRONG[/luthor] doesn't actually make her a liar. Funny, though.
    Yeah, that kinda irked me. Only two of those were really lying. Three if you count a serendipitous excuse where she would have lied if the truth hadn't been so handy and misleading.

oops!! Sorry everypony!!
    Aye, sorry. I'm afraid I didn't set the best example, bu I hit the character limit and I'll be bound and clad before the Sisters themselves if I'll let 663 characters minus some editing stand between me, and posting so I can finally post and then fall asleep. oh horsefeathers, I'm doin that thing where I make everything about me, aren't I? I'm sorry :c

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

And now to prove that the cowboy hats I distributed to everypony work, here is a dose of concentrated silly. See how it just slides off of you without leaving any silly residue.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntTNP...&feature=feedu
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-26 at 07:35 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

And now to prove that the cowboy hats I distributed to everypony work, here is a dose of concentrated silly. See how it just slides off of you without leaving any silly residue.
    Wearing one is still weird, though. Feels like I should be doing something cowboy or Apple family related. I think I'll try to lasso my printer.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alright, it's now official. The Out In The Cold/Shades of Midnight follow-up I'm writing is now the longest thing I've ever written, except for maybe two essays I wrote way back in University. My poor fingers. But it's almost done! Thank goodness!

18. - Top - End - #348
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Google needs to use this one day.

Spoiler
    Show

And also, more Trixie!

Spoiler
    Show
    The day google uses that is the day I am very happy. On the day that google uses that everypony has good luck!!
    Last edited by Bunny Earz; 2011-06-26 at 07:46 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

I should note, though, that Grif should get an avatar with a cowboy hat. Just to be on the safe side. The recovery from severe silly overdose is long and arduous.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Olympia really should get a hat too. Can't be too careful. You get some residual Silly in a shotgun, that thing just might bust into a song and dance number when you pull the trigger. Plays havoc with your usual shotgun-related activities.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    No comment.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah Pinkie Pie, You're cuteness never gets old...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Bunny Earz; 2011-06-26 at 07:58 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    No comment.
    Even liches aren't immune to silly poisoning. It just degrades their bones, philactory and, given time, souls.

The symptoms of silly poisoning among the undead are a love of cute things, desire to discuss cute things at length, and surviving hits from the Orbital Friendship Cannon.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-26 at 07:55 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I mean, imagine if your kid sister (if you don't have one, just pretend), who's never had a steady relationship, went to Philadelphia and seemed to have fallen for http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com...ayer_id=452718. Wouldn't you be worried that the big city celebrity was taking advantage of her inexperience?

Frankly, as a big brother whose sister is dating a loser, I can totally sympathize with Big Macintosh here. My sister has generally good decision making skills, but is blind to the faults of the guy. And that's what Big Mac's worried about here.

Also, it's legitimately hard to write Big Mac because he's had all of four lines in the show and his personality is "the quiet one." So I fully admit the possibility that I'm mucking it up here. All I will say is that I am building up to something here in regards to this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't have siblings, so I only can look at my mother and her brothers for example. Since I inherited both my sarcasm and my intelligence from her, and she got it from my grandfather, I have a hard time imagining her little brothers or father feeling the need to be protective.

I' didn't wanted to imply that Big Mac shouldn't be worried, he should be. But I disagree how he would show that worrying. I don't think he would put it outward as a negative or aggressive emotion.
    But with 4 sentences every character interpretation is possible.

And now I do the Trixie and go to sleep. I hardly can read what was posted before. Any typos and weirdness above please apply to my sleep deprivation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't have siblings, so I only can look at my mother and her brothers for example. Since I inherited both my sarcasm and my intelligence from her, and she got it from my grandfather, I have a hard time imagining her little brothers or father feeling the need to be protective.

I' didn't wanted to imply that Big Mac shouldn't be worried, he should be. But I disagree how he would show that worrying. I don't think he would put it outward as a negative or aggressive emotion.
    But with 4 sentences every character interpretation is possible.

And now I do the Trixie and go to sleep. I hardly can read what was posted before. Any typos and weirdness above please apply to my sleep deprivation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sigh. I just sorta feel like I can't win with that scene; when I had Big Mac being overly friendly, Amish called me on it.

I guess I'll just have to keep tweaking it an working it over.

At least I didn't learn that Big Mac was hard to write for in a fic where I put him center stage.

... I think what I'll do is take out the overt "I'm watching you." Would that improve things in your mind?
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-26 at 08:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense. You're playing the long shot, that's for sure. But I can still totally see me raising enough of a ruckus with a partial slip to qualify.

And, Siuis? One more thing?

Spoiler
    Show

The fact that you got all that just from me posting? That...just made my day, you have no idea. I would seriously bro-hug you right now through the internet if science allowed it.
    Of course I'm playing the longshot! Gambling is just that, and besides; I'm my party's best sniper in Gears of War. If only because nopony else understands synergy on the battlefield, and we can't ALL just shotgun rushthe enemy. Or lancer rush 'em, whichever.

Also, glad I could make your day, friend. It's what the magic of pony is all about ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    No comment.
    Well, it's true. You've just happened to fulfill that requirement before I became a requirement. So you're sort or grandfathered in.

Alright, minor pony siesta. I'm back in the DM chair this Thursday, and need to deal with the flak I caused as a PC last thursday XD

So hey, some questions for those with a D20 inclination;
    Spoiler
    Show

a PC half-celestial makes a deal with a fey; in exchange for his flight, he is exonerated of his treason charges (i.e. The party doesn't have to kill him) and he gains Grace. How would you handle the 'Grace' aspect?

The fey in question is also a PC. Presumably he gains the half-celestial's flight (meaning nothing, since his own flight is better), but what is the penalty he takes in exchange?

I'll move to PM if required. Also considering opening a thread in the 3.5 section, but we shall see.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-06-26 at 08:24 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357

Guys, about the cowboy hats. The only protect from steady background-cuteness. Anything above 10 megakittens (twice what ponythread considers safe) and you still need a sadsuit.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm curious as to how Flutterguy will sound through that same filter.

Ah Pinkie Pie, You're cuteness never gets old...
    Have some extended Giggle at the Ghostie, then.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I'm curious as to how Flutterguy will sound through that same filter.
    Hmmm it might not be understandable...

Haha techno, I like it!
    Last edited by Bunny Earz; 2011-06-26 at 08:23 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Banned

Noooo why are there only 26 episodes ;-;