New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Attack on Titan / Shingeki No Kyojin: What's for Lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    And i still have not caught on about the armband with a stars. What is it suposed to say?
    In Nazi Germany jews were required to wear armbands with yellow stars so "normal " citizens would know and could treat them... uhm... according to their status.
    As Marley technology seems around 1930 earth tech and jews were blamed for... Well, everything, it's unlikely to be a coincidence.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh my gosh. This chapter was so hard for me to follow. And only in part due to the translation. I need to go back and read the past like 88 chapters.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Oh, wow...

Spoiler
    Show

Now we're discussing Eren's puberty. And Mikasa is troubled because...?

Also, they actually made that horrible coincidence or whatever a plot point... Like, what the hell? And now we're getting way, WAY more magical than ever.

Almost forgot Ymir's letter. Kind of cute, I'll admit. And hell, is this world full of coincidences.

Finally: Way to be subtle with the armband with a star on it... I mean, I guess some people didn't catch on before?
    Yeah, I didn't really follow this last chapter because of a mediocre translation job (I'll check again in a few days, probably) but it seemed like they spent half of it calling Eren chuuni.

In Nazi Germany jews were required to wear armbands with yellow stars so "normal " citizens would know and could treat them... uhm... according to their status.
    As Marley technology seems around 1930 earth tech and jews were blamed for... Well, everything, it's unlikely to be a coincidence.
    I think there was an armband with a blue Star of David earlier in nazi-occupied Poland, but I'm pretty sure that was replaced by the yellow cloth patches to be worn on clothing pretty quickly.
    Jude P.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Uh...

Spoiler
    Show
    For Chapter 89, was the translation right?! Where Kruger was talking about Armin and Mikasa?! I heard that Attack on Titan was inspired by Muv Luv Alternative, but this is just insane.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    Uh...

Spoiler
    Show
    For Chapter 89, was the translation right?! Where Kruger was talking about Armin and Mikasa?! I heard that Attack on Titan was inspired by Muv Luv Alternative, but this is just insane.
    There was some terrible translation in parts but I'm sure this was intentional because now there is... Well, not exactly time travel but close enough I guess..
    "What's done is done."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Here is a trick question.

Whats the difference between Erens memory of what happend on that wall, and of what actually happend on that wall?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    I... was slightly underwhelmed. Not much happened. It felt a little rushed, but I think it'll do. Am curious to see what the next chapters bring.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

New Chapter in Februrary, Chapter 90 is a nice bookend

Spoiler: Chapter 90
    Show

So as of the end of Chapter 90 its been 6 years since the 1st wall has been breached, thus Eren has only 6 years and lots of weeks (almost 7 years) of life yet. It appears all the titans on the island have been removed not just within the 3 circles of the 3 walls but even outside the wall that could wander free. This is due to setting up a Guillotine on outside of the wall. Now if its been 6 years since the 1st wall was breached that means its been about 8 months since the 2nd wall was attacked and Eren then sealed back the hole in the 2nd wall.

Oh I really did not see grisha sister being eaten by those dogs (from when Grisha was a child when him and his sister wanted to see the Zeppelin landing.)

Now this next paragraph is me applying logic to try to kill cat girls. But if all that was needed to kill all the titans outside the 3rd walls was time plus the natural ability of the Titans to seek out the walls, wouldn't the canons kill all the titans by now even without a titan guillotine. How was Annie and company able to attract all these titans for the attack 6 years ago unless they specifically have been sending new titan recruits at least once a year? Surely if they need to send in new titan fodder constantly the survival rate of the survey corps would be much higher. How could Ymir / the dancing titan survive for 60 years as a titan without feeling the need to attack the walls. End me trying to apply logic to how titans work and going back to seeing just as a narrative story.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

So, I logged into Facebook after work this morning.

And somehow, even thought it had fewer people "talking about it" then half the other things trending, at the very top,

Was the god damn season 2 Attack on Titan Anime premiere date announcement.

It's gonna come out and be inescapable for months on end all over again short of just quitting the internet, isn't it?
    "I Burn!"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just as inescapable as the "nobody asked me but you need to know about just HOW MUCH I dislike this popular series" hipsters, it appears.

That said, I've read the latest chapter and it seems the last arc has officially started. But...

Spoiler: Spoilers for chapter 90
    Show
    Eren's "we need to kill them all to get freedom" conclusion doesn't feel a very good idea. It's pretty clear that sooner or later Eren is going to have to do the thing he's been avoiding. I hope the story can end with a truce of sorts, and not with the re-ignition of the war.
    Last edited by Cozzer; 2017-02-07 at 08:34 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

And yet, shockingly, even thought it had only 37K people talking about it, topics at the same time with 1M people talking about it were deemed less important for me to be told about by Facebook, even though I stopped caring about animation as a whole on FB last time JUST to try and stop getting AoT to stop cropping up on my damn feed!

Hell, the New Samurai Jack Trailer had over 100K people talking about it (forget the exact number.) but it didn't get that kind of special treatment in trending, and it stayed out of my feed till other friends started actively sharing it to my timeline.
    "I Burn!"

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

@cozzer it's not like Eren thirsting for revenge is a new thing. He's been like that pretty much since the series started.

More in general : yes, the last chapter is rather underwhelming. Many subjects get touched upon and then rushed over for the sake of the next bit. I feel they could have made three chapters out of this one.
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

New Chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    Oooook. Time jump. It's years after the last chapter and the Marley have invaded. We don't see any of the main characters.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    New Chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    Oooook. Time jump. It's years after the last chapter and the Marley have invaded. We don't see any of the main characters.
    Spoiler: Chapter 91
    Show
    Yes, there was a one-year timeskip in chapter 90. However, I'm fairly certain that Chapter 91 is actually a flashback. No, nothing made any sense to me either.
    Jude P.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't think it's a flashback. This is WWI tech and they mention the loss of the Colossal and Female Titians.
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2017-03-08 at 09:09 AM.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, quite sure this is not a flashback.
    But I'm also not entirely convinced this is four years in the future because I couldn't find hard evidence this war is against Paradise (?). It certainly seems the most likely, but then they talk of some Union as the enemy and this might just be a different front Marley is fighting on.

However... why the eff did we need this sudden change of scenery and perspective? Sometimes it seems this story is taking turns just because the author feels like throwing the audience off... again.
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

However... why the eff did we need this sudden change of scenery and perspective? Sometimes it seems this story is taking turns just because the author feels like throwing the audience off... again.
    Spoiler
    Show

Call me grumpy , but I disliked this chapter. It's just another stupid timeskip, except you don't see our heroes, instead you see some random shmucks and redshirts.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Isn't this supposed to be Marley fighting the other superpower that was mentioned in Erens flashback?

19. - Top - End - #109

Spoiler: ch91
    Show
    I'm going to need to re-read it, maybe find another translation. I'm positive this isn't anywhere on Paradis, but I'm not clear whether it's on Marley or another continent.
    Jude P.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    From what I understood from comments:

1. This is four years later, looking at Marley candidates for becoming new shifters.
    2. Since they lost two, they've been set back militarily and are now at war with the Union, which is not Paradis.
    3. They put off the Paradis attack for now.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    From what I understood from comments:

1. This is four years later, looking at Marley candidates for becoming new shifters.
    2. Since they lost two, they've been set back militarily and are now at war with the Union, which is not Paradis.
    3. They put off the Paradis attack for now.
    So, what tells you it's four years later? The statements I find are war with the union has been going for that time, but not that it started after the Paradis mission. Yes, plans need to be made and messages reach the main land but this war could be even older possibly.
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Chapter 91
    Show
    I feel that Marley is taking elements from Austro-Hungarian Empire, as in having multi-ethnic troops with history of mistrusts. I mean the Eldians are even allowed to fight in the first place.
    Except the AH experienced "sorry, sir. I don't speak your language and unable to carry out orders" and "screw this, I won't be fighting the ones where I came from".
    Last edited by t209; 2017-03-10 at 10:15 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter. In short: more war, still not totally sure when we are, Reiner does look kind of aged.
    Interesting tactics, anyways. I guess Marley really are nice people....
    "What's done is done."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Brings a new meaning to terror-bombing, though i cant argue with how effective those boms must be, really hard to defend against that with anything but fighter planes.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Don't think we have seen heavier than air craft yet. Yeah that tactic is effective, but monstrous. I think some of the new characters introduced in the last 2 chapter are going to be facing Erin and company soon.

26. - Top - End - #116

I just found out that season two of the anime started recently.
    Jude P.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Barbarian in the Playground

I really liked the first two episodes of the second season. The pacing feels better, probably because in this storyarc there are more things happening at once so they have less need to stretch the scenes in order to keep their episode-to-chapter ratio.

Also, a bit of focus on the secondary characters was really needed.
    Last edited by Cozzer; 2017-04-12 at 10:01 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I am as confused as anyone else in this thread. I think it must be after they lost the colossal titan to the protagonists though. I assumed they got called back to deal with other military situations, and their enemies are clearly adapting their technology to counter the titan advantage.

We do get to see the beast titan's triggering power used on the "paratroopers". Or is it some other thing unique to Zeke.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

That does seem to be something unique to Zeke as he is the only one who is ever seen doing it.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    I am as confused as anyone else in this thread. I think it must be after they lost the colossal titan to the protagonists though. I assumed they got called back to deal with other military situations, and their enemies are clearly adapting their technology to counter the titan advantage.

We do get to see the beast titan's triggering power used on the "paratroopers". Or is it some other thing unique to Zeke.
    I'm pretty sure by now that's the case. First chapter was less clear but now there's little room for interpretation.

We don't have definite proof but I think it's the beasts power.
    "What's done is done."