New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

[Park]

So they're going in?

Totally dramatic back-lit action pose time!

Gregoire with his wrist-mounted crossbow!

Rein with his weed-whacker!

Fredrick with...

Uuuhh... Well. He's wearing a big back-pack. That sort of counts?

Into the park!

Save the damsel!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #662

Park

And so into the park they go. The first thing they see, of course, are the pleasant smelling yellow flowered vines covering nearly every tree, slowly rousing in reaction to their presence. Puffs of sweet smelling musk start firing off from the blooms. Puffs that Reinholdt might recognize.

Astrana, on the other side of the vine choked park, can see two patches of vine being completely still, apart from the rest. In them, wrapped in vines and dangling as if from a cocoon, are two dark, humanoid shapes, unmoving in the night air.

Now, are these her two missing friends? And if they are, how shall she get to them?
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

Park

Oh no. Rein's prepared this time. He got... a face mask!
    Which he's putting on.

Also, Fredrick can carry the shears, since Rein can't weed whack and shear at the same time.

But once he has the mask on he dives in with gusto, hacking at the vines like he really wants them dead.
    >>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #664

[Park]

The Templar is trained to resist beguiling mental effects!

He's not immune, mind you. Just resistant. And he's relatively new at this whole Templar thing. But that doesn't make him a pushover! He raises his Relic before himself, a shining pole-axe taking form!

Hack at those vines Gregoire!

Hack them good!

Fredrick is, in fact, holding the sheers. He begins snipping away at the vines in a completely unimpressive, non-dramatic fashion.

"What's that weird smell?" Freddy inquires. "It's kind of sweet. Is it those yellow flowers?"

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

[Random Street]

There's a young woman walking along here, wearing a baggy sweater and a pair of too-large jeans. She's not the prettiest person in the world, but not ugly either. Just plain, in almost all respects.

A certain set of aliens may notice her walking by...
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-03-13 at 08:21 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Dwarf in the Playground

Random Street

This plain woman will find a male silvery extraterrestrial mess with a floating hovercart of some kind. That's odd.

A female one steps out from behind a tree... armed with what appears to be a large silvery grenade launcher full of large silvery paintballs.

What's up with that?

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

[Random Street]

That is very odd.

And rather threatening.

The plain girl glares at the pair for a moment, thinking. What should she do, run? she can't outrun guns...

"Hello? What do you want?"

8. - Top - End - #668
    Dwarf in the Playground

Random Street

CHOOMP

A single silvery paintball will arc through the air, hopefully landing at the girl's feet. A good amount of it should get on her... and if enough does, the rest will kind of ooze up onto her. It hardens a bit, and is surprisingly heavy.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

[Random Street]

The girl's feet are caught! But wait, she's doing something! Yes, the pants are off! Her socks and shoes stay inside the goop as well, leaving her with just some panties on her lower body.

this is followed by rolling up a sleeve, and then a dagger and a vial come out of her arm. The aliens will have a moment to act while she applies whatever liquid is there to her blade.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

[Sojourn]

Ah!

Now they've got it!

Amil's previous weapon has been replaced with something that looks bigger and far more unfriendly, something that seems to be firing shells that are exploding in bursts of caustic enzymes after punching holes in the blob!

Sandwich launches a wall of psionic power at the monster, holding it at bay while the ranged fighters blast away at it!

Wark keeps warking, exploding the blobs on the ground!

Wiggling, woobling, jiggling, and jostling! But it doesn't seem to be quite enough until-!

"heYAH!" Yamamoto leaps at the monster, bringing his blade to bare in a stroke of devastating power! ...and somehow ends up on the opposite side of the room. Back turned to the beast.

Huh.

Seems like he didn't actually do anything?

Oh.

Wait.

Didn't sheath his sword yet.

*kaTINK!*

The blob bursts in a shower of goop.
    "Glop incomming!" Westlanna shouts as she nose-dives behind a crate in the cargo hold.

She's already got a yellow-sticky-ooze-encrusted left leg and boot, she is NOT interested in diversifying her goop collection with lots of a whole new color. Besides, what if this stuff is sticky or caustic or otherwise nasty? She's playing it safe behind a friendly-looking cargo crate.

When the shower 'o glop is passed she will creep forward on her belly and peek around the corner of the big crate. Of course she'll still have her weapon drawn and ready through all this, that's her style after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dipsnig approaches the employee entrance slowly, glancing around and keeping his sharp ears peeled and provided nothing draws his attention, he punches in the code Percilla gave him... although he probably has to stand on his toes to do so.
    The woman with Dispsnig eyes the moving gate suspiciously as they walk through it, but keeps any questions she has to herself and invisible in her determined expression.

Her gaze never settles in on one place for more than an instant. It roves, taking in the whole sweep of the building and its defenses in an instant, then pinpointing any likely sources of trouble in fast glances.

Her grey outfit blends with the drab cement and steel and the soft soles of her boots make no noise on the concrete.

While Dipsnig keys in the code she watches all around them, as a professional does when their partner has to have his back turned and his attention on something specific.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

11. - Top - End - #671
    Dwarf in the Playground

Random Street

The ooze will ooze off of her to join the puddle on the ground... until the male messes with something. The silvery goo then stops entirely. The female adjusts her aim and tries to plonk this one straight on the girl. if the majority of this one gets on her, all the ooze will try to join it.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

[Random Street]

As the glop strikes her, the girl has gotten the lid of the vial off, but it's knocked out of her hand by the pressure, as is the dagger, which causes a nice gash along her arm for the liquid in the vial to get into. she stares down at her arm for a moment in horror.

Wonderful.

Introduced directly to the bloodstream, the sedatives take quick effect. The girl's form shifts and changes to one slightly taller than before, and slimmer. Her skin is grey and her facial features are indistinct. she has wispy white hair that hangs loosely around her head, no real attempt at keeping it in a certain style.

To those that know, this is a changeling, just revealed for what she was. normally changelings don't change shape when unconscious, but the sedative is making her 'relax' out of her assumed form.

13. - Top - End - #673

[Sojourn]

The gloop is defeated!

Sadly no victory music plays. How very sad...

"Wark!" Wark warks gleefully! He was helpful!

...somehow.

Then a voice from outside the door of the bay, "We are detecting no more hostile life-forms in the cargo-bay. Feel free to leave now and we will negotiate your reward. With the life-forms dispatched we will be able to continue our repairs."

Yay for repairs and rewards!

Repairs and rewards are the best.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Dwarf in the Playground

Random Street

That was unexpected. Since presumably enough of the silvery ooze got on her, the rest makes it's way onto her form. As long as that works, a beam will be emitted from the cart which will instantly teleport her to the silvery ship! (home thread)

15. - Top - End - #675
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Trouble Park]

Seeing the two trapped in a weird cocoon Astrana quickly take a certain conclusion.

Crap, they are turning into nymphs!

Wait... that didn't make sense at all with all the zombies surrounding the place. Looked more like a spine creeper honestly. Not that she should assume it was from her world at all.

The eye fade away as Astrana removes the blindfold, it was time to get to work. She idly wondered what effect some would have on the plants but dismisses that idea, the direction of the wind must be right and it would take a while to set up anyway.

Instead she decides to head the way as the crow flies straight towards the vine laying in her path. She could deal with the vines one by one easily enough (hopefully) and going straight up against one meant she'll be further away from the others.

On her way she picks up the decree of frost from her bag which happens to be nine inch long blue-colored nail and then looks what the vine is doing.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    The ladies head around a corner to find a residential street lying calmly before them. Starlight glints off the snowpiles lining neatly shoveled drives. The little houses are mostly well kept in spite of their age and diminutive size.

Jessica’s house is especially cute… or it would be if it were not marred by crime scene tape and a notice pinned to the door stating that the house is part of an active investigation and off limits by authority of Remnant. At the first sight of the tape Winguardia takes off at a sprint up the drive and toward the front door.
    Mayhala forgoes running up to the house, at least for the moment. Instead, she quickly draws in enough shadows to completely cloak herself in them, which she does, holding it for a moment.... And, when she releases her control over them and they disperse, she's vanished.

Despite appearances, however, she hasn't decided to abandon her new friends; she's hopped worlds, slipping into the shadow realm, which is her usual method of breaking into somewhere. Assuming it works as normal, she should be able to walk through the walls there, getting her into the house, where she'll hop back into the normal world.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-03-14 at 08:01 AM.

17. - Top - End - #677

Park

Unfortunately for our would be plant murderers, these vines are a good deal more resilient to damage than your average garden weed. In fact, it seems as if they're regrowing the damage at a steady rate, although not quite as fast as it's being applied.

And they aren't hanging limply either. thick tendrils of vine strike out with surprising force to attempt to beat back the threatening three, or lash around their limbs to still them. The intoxicating scent grows even thicker now, so think that the spores responsible for it leave visible trails hovering in the air.

On Astrana's side of the park, the vines still in anticipation as they wait for her to come closer, also releasing more pungent spores in an attempt to lull her into a trance-like state.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

Park

Ow. OW! Hey! That hurts!
    Rein backs up a bit. He's not concerned with the scent so long as he has his mask on. Though I suppose that can be knocked off if he's not careful.

Rein switches tactics, lowing the weed whacker a bit to grab the weed killer spray and start spraying it! With luck it'll at least kill their regeneration ability so his two comrades can hack their way through.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #679

[Park]

The damage caused by the Relic isn't terribly dissimilar from what one might expect from a lightsaber. Weapon is downright nasty. Of course cutting through vines really fast doesn't help all that much when they just grow back.

Or if you happen to get grabbed!

-which Gregoire doesn't! Between enhanced speed and reflexes he deftly weaves between the groping vines, lashing out at them with deadly precision! Though that musk is starting to make the Templar feel somewhat woozy...

Fredrick gets his shears stolen within about six seconds. And tied up in the vines something awful in ten.

He struggles ineffectually! "I... umm... I could use some help over here?"

20. - Top - End - #680

Park

Seeing the cloud of spores Astrana decides to not getting too close to the vines. Instead she throws the decree of frost towards the plants and activates it through the soul bond while quickly backing away.
    Frost will quickly spread around the spike, slowly freezing everything on or connected to the ground within fifteen yards.

21. - Top - End - #681

Park

While the weed killer doesn't seem to harm their regenerative properties any, it seems to slow them down, after a moment or two to soak into the roots. Their movements get lethargic, sluggish, and dull. The one that has Fredrick tied up starts to lose its grip on him, and if he struggles to get free he may just manage it.

But he'd better struggle soon. A smaller, thorned tendril is creeping up towards his head, bearing a seed and ready to propagate its species.

The musky scent continues to thicken. It seems their production of that aroma was unaffected by the weed killer.

The frost patch that Astrana creates quickly overcomes the plants in her path, one of them lashing out as the shard passes and having a vine snap off as it suddenly becomes rigid.

They're incapacitated, for now, but there's no telling how long that ice will hold them.

22. - Top - End - #682

[Park]

Given that Fredrick has gotten some idea of what these plants do from Kitteh he wisely decides that getting attacked by the thorny vine would be terrible. He pulls and twists and yanks himself away with an unexpected burst of strength!

If the pointy vine gets too close he'll have at it with his she-

Oh.

Wait.

His shears got stolen by the vines

Never mind!

The barrel-maker decides to put some distance between himself and the vines instead. He'll encourage the others from a place of tactical importance! Like... uhh... On top of that pick-nick table!

Gregoire decides that it's time to be a little more aggressive with these vines. Hacking them away works alright. But they need to clear a path faster. The Templar raises a hand and calls out to the Emperor!

FWOOOSH!

A column of white hot flames erupts from the ground and surges forward! Fire works well on plant monsters, right?

23. - Top - End - #683

Park

Astrana doesn't let any time and as soon the pact bound stopped working she makes a rush to pass the vine barrier. On her she let's her tail pick up the decree of frost. She wouldn't be able to use it for like a day as it recharged but that didn't mean she was going to just leave it here.

She readies her staff for any more incoming vines while trying to reach the place where she think Arel and Rein is.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Park

Oh hey. The weed killer seems to almost work better in that regard. There's no need to destroy them if they don't move at al-AGGGHHHH! FIRE!

Reinholdt reels back away from the FWOOSH. Terrifying.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #685

Park

The vines immediately try to shrink back from the massive gout of flame, but their slowed reactions damn them to be engulfed by its flickering majesty. The path onwards is clear.

Astrana makes it to where the two still vines are, although she'll have to step lightly if she wants to avoid traipsing over the moaning yellow people that are strewn all over the darkened park.

Now that she's closer in person, she might be able to make out Arel's shape, but the other person hanging in the vines is almost certainly not Reinholdt. Unless Reinholdt's human shape was a redheaded teenage girl in a t-shirt, jeans and a pair of work boots.

26. - Top - End - #686

[Park]

The cat COULD have been turned into a red-haired girl.

Certainly wouldn't be the strangest thing to happen in the Nexus.

*cough*

Anyway!

Gregorie gives half a grin as he steps froward into the charred embers and smouldering ashes of the vines before gesturing for the other to follow. "The Emperor is no doubt smiling on us. We should hurry before these detestable things have any more time with her."

Though the jungle!

Fredrick hops off the pick-nick table to quickly follow along behind!

He even remembers to pick up the shears for Rein. How thoughtful.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Well if Rein is being turned into a nymph, then it's probably him!

"I'm sure the Emperor is very happy with himself." Reinholdt mumbles, the sounds muffled by the mask he's wearing.

All the same, it's time to dart further into the park hurriedly!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #688

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Blue Zone - Library]

Ashley reads through both the map and the chronicle. She can't make heads or tails of the story either, but she thinks it was probably just part of this parthenon's mythology. "Makes sense to me. If anyone'll know how to speak to her, it's those who follow her."
    Blue Zone-Library

"It's a plan then," he says. Hopping off of his chair and walking to the door. "Do you think we should keep the mineral hunt a secret, or be honest?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #689

Park

Clearly she's too late! Rein is already a nymph!

I suspect she might have seen this earlier but whatever, Arel is still there so she got to save her. She even had a brilliant escape plan.
    Sort of.

In any case, she aims her staff towards the upper vines holding Arel into place. She probably should have researched this better but there was no time, she attempts to cut down Arel by using the arcane energy of the staff as a cutter.

Meanwhile she uses her tail to put back the decree of frost and then fish out the dark one's own luck. Hopefully luck might save them here.

30. - Top - End - #690

Park

From their vantage point hurrying towards the park's center, Gregoire Fredrick and Reinholdt can see a tailed woman waving a staff at one of the untouched vine creatures, generating a cutting wave of energy!

Be she friend or foe? Only time shall tell. The plant she's aiming at seems to be supporting a human being, as does the one next to it. Both are inert.

Astrana can see her attack did minimal damage to the vines supporting Arel. It seems cutting force is not the answer here.