New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LI: FE

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post

Ohh, hello. Err, I have long kept myself away from undead groups not native to my general domain, so no, actualy, I dont know where I am. I actualy have a magical item that detects events that are destined to effect the cosmos at large, and I just used the teliporter we have in stock to jump over here. And I do belive I am durable enough to survive this place, thank you very much. Actualy-

" rubs hooves together"

-if you dont mind, I would like to see Princess Bleakmane. I was going to send a request, but now that I am here, may I ask to be directed to a waiting room or such? I am dreadfuly sorry that I-err, we had to be introduced to eachother in this manner, but if you would be so kind to lead me inside this fortress in a way I would not risk to much vaporization?
    Spoiler
    Show

You're not listening.
    You are on the Darkspire. It eats your kind for breakfast.

Literally.

The Darkspire is an entity in it's own right and will consume your soul if you remain here long enough to attract it's attention, bodysnatcher. If you wish to speak with my Master, I will arrange for parlay on neutral ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    "Ooooh, can I use this one?"

Spoiler
    Show

It is perhaps a little on the swirly side, you better not. Though admittedly, it would look fetching on you. Come back in a century or two, and perhaps we'll see if your Id has become powerful enough to master it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (hugglesnugglepurrcuddle)
    *Pretends not to notice, awkwardly*
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-08-15 at 07:10 PM.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

You've got a really, really limited view of alternate magic systems.

One such makes the assertion that distance is an illusion and what truly matters is the sympathetic connections between things. You are more connected to your mother in America than you are to the stranger next to you on the bus.

And that's not even getting into Fate magic and narrative based magic systems.
    You know how every once in a while during ponythread, you hit one of those self-reflective moments where you kinda go "huh, I did not see my life going this way a couple years ago?"

Yeah, realizing that I know everything Thanqol is talking about here, from the ponies through the Mage system, was one such moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Amaterasu has some really good pony fan art, actually

Spoiler
    Show

This was awesome stuff. I also stand by the fact that Thanqol's Rainbow Dash is reminiscent of it in style. I must admit I groaned a bit though when I first saw it. Amaterasu is already a magical 4-legged dog thing. Changing her to pony is mostly just an adjustment of proportions. Oh well, there is pony of everything, even the things that already kind of look like pony.

Huh, does this mean there's pony of pony repeating fractally?

EDIT: Not THAT kind of gag, you pervs

Army of the Red Spear.
    KEEP UP
    Damn it Lix, you nearly made me spit my water onto my laptop! And we all know that laptops and water mix poorly.

We interrupt your regularly scheduled pony for the Official release of Dash's stage theme from Fighting is Magic by RainbowCrash88
    Yay, I love the stage themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Ehh, to me that really just says that she gets bored easily. I suppose yes, attending these things is part of her job, but it's not really the main part, which is ruling, raising the sun, and teaching magic.

Although, she has been doing the same job for over a 1000 years. Things change, but I would completely understand if she was tiring of it.
    Yeah I could see that. As I said from the start, it's more of an implication. I just feel like maybe Celestia has gotten set in her ways and wishes she could get out of all the formal custom, but I can't really prove it from show evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    and I don't know what's up with Twilight's.
    Twilight's stage theme is awesome and that is what is up with it.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #573
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    This was awesome stuff. I also stand by the fact that Thanqol's Rainbow Dash is reminiscent of it in style. I must admit I groaned a bit though when I first saw it. Amaterasu is already a magical 4-legged dog thing. Changing her to pony is mostly just an adjustment of proportions. Oh well, there is pony of everything, even the things that already kind of look like pony.

Huh, does this mean there's pony of pony repeating fractally?
    RD looks damn good in the Okami style, so it goes both ways:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

4. - Top - End - #574
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

You're not listening.
    You are on the Darkspire. It eats your kind for breakfast.

Literally.

The Darkspire is an entity in it's own right and will consume your soul if you remain here long enough to attract it's attention, bodysnatcher. If you wish to speak with my Master, I will arrange for parlay on neutral ground.

...Ah. Is there a teliporter around, or any other form of transportation that could hopefuly get me to a safer location? Actualy, pick a place to send me and I will wait until the Lady comes to me. I am a patient stallion.

"Bows"
    Twilight's stage theme is awesome and that is what is up with it.
    Indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

...Ah. Is there a teliporter around, or any other form of transportation that could hopefuly get me to a safer location? Actualy, pick a place to send me and I will wait until the Lady comes to me. I am a patient stallion.

"Bows"

Very well. Do not worry about remaining in one place. We will find you.

*Silent Night falls through his own shadow, to re-appear somewhere in the wilds of Equestria*

Anarion? I got a pretty similar impression of Celestia, actually.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Did you ever actually write that fic? Quaver would be a grand character to meet. Just... Hopefully in a more structured universe. Keeping the separate permutations of ponythread separate is a chore, and no pony is willing to use the labeled spoilers in such a fashion. Too many attempts to cross the streams.
    Quaver's story is getting told in the Bridle Shores RP (or at least, I started telling it ... or rather, it was getting told, until I put everything on hold to work on the RiM RPG)

... I feel bad now.

So you should.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

B-B-but... But...

;~;

But I gave you a cutie mark. Am I so forgettable?
    Painting a symbol on a changeling's butt does not a true cutie mark make. Even if the paint is magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I see the "FE" on the title name, and I think it means "Friendship Express". I don't know. I hate, hate, hate acronyms, so one that's never used becomes my ultimate pet peeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    The title spells LIFE. That was my intent when I came up with it, ponies seem to imbue it with all sorts of strange meanings.
    Our friendships are bonds made in IRON (and Lithium)

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    A point occurs to me, regarding the Discord disposal discussion.

Bleakbane, you're talking a lot about astronomical improbabilities. May I point out that Discord is a spirit of chaos? Improbability is, quite literally, his thing. If he has any influence at all while statued, he would sooner or later be able to twist the probabilities around so that he would encounter someone fun to torment.
    Always understand, Frodo. The statue will always try to free its prisoner. It wants to be found.

We interrupt your regularly scheduled pony for the Official release of Dash's stage theme from Fighting is Magic by RainbowCrash88
    BlasTech.exe has encountered a fatal error and needs to reboot.

Error code 120: User awesomeness overflow.

7. - Top - End - #577

Very well. Do not worry about remaining in one place. We will find you.

*Silent Night falls through his own shadow, to re-appear somewhere in the wilds of Equestria*

Well, that sound lov-
    "warp in reality"

-aaaah! Oh, hey, I know where I am! This is....actualy in a cult center.

Without any cultists in it.

Well, gosh.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Painting a symbol on a changeling's butt does not a true cutie mark make. Even if the paint is magic.

Hmm, funny you should mention that.

Spoiler
    Show

You know, lacking a pronounced sense of individuality is a major obstacle for any pony based lifeform from gaining it's cutie mark or equivalent. Some Changelings, especially those who take names, manage to though. The catch is that it doesn't display on the surface of their body, you have to peel back several layers of Chitin to find traces of the mark which is, as I'm sure you understand, excruciatingly painful.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Colossus in the Playground

It is perhaps a little on the swirly side, you better not. Though admittedly, it would look fetching on you. Come back in a century or two, and perhaps we'll see if your Id has become powerful enough to master it.
    "A century or two? I'm an earth pony! I don't have that kind of time!"

You know how every once in a while during ponythread, you hit one of those self-reflective moments where you kinda go "huh, I did not see my life going this way a couple years ago?"

Yeah, realizing that I know everything Thanqol is talking about here, from the ponies through the Mage system, was one such moment.
    "Understanding what Thanqol is on about" counts as a major unforseen life event.

Roll four dice.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

"A century or two? I'm an earth pony! I don't have that kind of time!"

That's your problem, my little pony. All problems have a solution, however you will have to find your own if it is to have any meaning.
    Pick another Mask.

11. - Top - End - #581

That's your problem, my little pony. All problems have a solution, however you will have to find your own if it is to have any meaning.
    Pick another Mask.
    "All problems have a solution, hmm?"

*Kicks Joyreaver in the shins*

*Grabs mask*

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

...Ow? *sigh*
    That's really rather painful, actually.

(Two things; Art means it happened and I have no idea which mask just got taken, Joyreaper's or the one they were discussing).

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, funny you should mention that.

Spoiler
    Show

You know, lacking a pronounced sense of individuality is a major obstacle for any pony based lifeform from gaining it's cutie mark or equivalent. Some Changelings, especially those who take names, manage to though. The catch is that it doesn't display on the surface of their body, you have to peel back several layers of Chitin to find traces of the mark which is, as I'm sure you understand, excruciatingly painful.
    Given he still insists on being called #42 ... wait does this make him more or less individualistic?

"All problems have a solution, hmm?"

*Kicks Joyreaver in the shins*

*Grabs mask*
    Random musing. What effect would the mask have on a changeling?

Er ... why are you looking at me like that, boss?

14. - Top - End - #584

...Ow? *sigh*
    That's really rather painful, actually.

(Two things; Art means it happened and I have no idea which mask just got taken, Joyreaper's or the one they were discussing).
    [I have absolutely no spare time to art due to being booked out by the ATG for the next 15 days - as much as I love the concept of Art Fights.

And while I originally intended Majora's, Joyreaper's is good too. Let's say both!]

"Aw yeah. Solving problems the earth pony way!"

*Tries on masks*

15. - Top - End - #585

Ooh! Ooh! Question time!

Which mask from Majora's Mask is your favorite?
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

16. - Top - End - #586

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Ooh! Ooh! Question time!

Which mask from Majora's Mask is your favorite?
    Well, firstly, Majora's Mask is my favourite game of all time ever.

And it's the Garo's Mask.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

Eakin, just wanted to say that I finished getting caught up on Duel Nature, and I have to say, as many gripes as I had with the cruelty of the fight scene, the overall story seems to be no worse off for it. Which is to say, give me the next chapter this is a stickup nobody move.

Also the fact that you churned out a coherent 6000-word chapter in three days baffles me to no end. Pleasantly baffled, but baffled nonetheless.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-08-15 at 08:51 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

[I have absolutely no spare time to art due to being booked out by the ATG for the next 15 days - as much as I love the concept of Art Fights.

And while I originally intended Majora's, Joyreaper's is good too. Let's say both!]

"Aw yeah. Solving problems the earth pony way!"

*Tries on masks*
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh! Hey, I'd really rather have that one back, if you uh, don't mind. I was kind of wearing that?

Though, I suppose at least it's relatively safe, as it lacks an Id of it's own...
    Look, let's strike a bargain. You leave the swirly mask of doom on the shelf, and I let you keep that one? Magic sight and might even allow you to channel a limited amount of mana, despite you not having a horn. Plus it's not actively interested in bringing about the apocalypse. That's a bonus, right?
    Is she agreeing? I'm sure she's agreeing.

As much as an artfight would be cool, I actually just meant once you'd settled on a mask, you should draw mask wearing the mask.

19. - Top - End - #589

Spoiler
    Show

Oh! Hey, I'd really rather have that one back, if you uh, don't mind. I was kind of wearing that?

Though, I suppose at least it's relatively safe, as it lacks an Id of it's own...
    Look, let's strike a bargain. You leave the swirly mask of doom on the shelf, and I let you keep that one? Magic sight and might even allow you to channel a limited amount of mana, despite you not having a horn. Plus it's not actively interested in bringing about the apocalypse. That's a bonus, right?

As much as an artfight would be cool, I actually just meant once you'd settled on a mask, you should draw mask wearing the mask.
    [I should but ATG; fifteen days]

"Actually, I prefer you with the mask on. Yeek,"

Mask, perhaps inadvisably, crams Majora's Mask onto Joyreaper's face.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

Ow, my horn. What was that crunching sound? Why is my face covered in splinters?

Speared on her Horn, Majora's mask screams silently, gribbling it's gribbly bits like a pinned insect.

Uh...does this mean we have a deal?

21. - Top - End - #591

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Eakin, just wanted to say that I finished getting caught up on Duel Nature, and I have to say, as many gripes as I had with the cruelty of the fight scene, the overall story seems to be no worse off for it. Which is to say, give me the next chapter this is a stickup nobody move.

Also the fact that you churned out a coherent 6000-word chapter in three days baffles me to no end. Pleasantly baffled, but baffled nonetheless.
    Technically, it was more like two days

But yeah, counting the two chapters of Always Has Been that went up yesterday, the third chapter of said story I'm working on as we speak, and the two chapters of Duel Nature I've put up, I'm at 17,000 words written in the last six days and counting. Trying to finish chapter 3 of AHB tonight then I'll get back to Twilight Sparkle and the Underwater Temple, especially since I want to add an author's note to it shamelessly cross-promoting AHB in the hope that'll get a few hundred of the people who favorited DN to check it out.

Luckily I'm being thrown out of my apartment for a couple hours tomorrow morning (painters), so I might just camp out at a Starbucks down the street and keep plowing through while the ideas are there.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

22. - Top - End - #592

Spoiler
    Show

"Somehow, teliport"

Hey, did a rotten corpse just pass through here? Wait...

Err,have we met?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #593

Ow, my horn. What was that crunching sound? Why is my face covered in splinters?

Speared on her Horn, Majora's mask screams silently, gribbling it's gribbly bits like a pinned insect.

Uh...does this mean we have a deal?
    "Weird. It's like my bones are screaming. Uh, no, your mask smells kinda corpse-y. What else you got?"

Sundancer tosses Joyreaver's mask at her horn like a ring-toss.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

"Weird. It's like my bones are screaming. Uh, no, your mask smells kinda corpse-y. What else you got?"

Sundancer tosses Joyreaver's mask at her horn like a ring-toss.

You can see them better than I, right now. What, do you need me to pick for you or something?

"Somehow, teliport"

Hey, did a rotten corpse just pass through here? Wait...

Err,have we met?

One moment, let me just...and then...there.
    Spoiler
    Show

That's much better.

Yes, try the wastelands on the outskirts of the Everfree Forest and no, we haven't.

25. - Top - End - #595

You can see them better than I, right now. What, do you need me to pick for you or something?
    "Yeah but if I decide to pick a cool one you'll just tell me it's possessed by some ancient evil - like I'm not familiar with that - and tell me to pick another one.

"Look, if anypony has experience carrying around elder monstergods on their face, it's me. Show me the nastiest thing you've got in this place."

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

...Your definition of a cool mask IS one possessed by an ancient Evil Monstergod, isn't it?

27. - Top - End - #597

...Your definition of a cool mask IS one possessed by an ancient Evil Monstergod, isn't it?
    "I'm not biased against masks that aren't possessed or anything. I just haven't met any nonpossessed masks that are also cool."

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm not biased against masks that aren't possessed or anything. I just haven't met any nonpossessed masks that are also cool."
    Awww man can I sig this.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #599

One moment, let me just...and then...there.
    Spoiler
    Show

That's much better.

Yes, try the wastelands on the outskirts of the Everfree Forest and no, we haven't.
    Wait, screw Silent, I am utterly sure that I have seen you before. Like, at a family gathering or something. Are you sure?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600

Awww man can I sig this.
    For you, anything ^^